PDA

View Full Version : Guess that movie!

RpTheHotrod
04-26-2005, 01:24 AM
There is a movie where police use a virtual reality training program. There is a computer program "guy" in there. Eventually, a cop is killed in the training and the computer program guy is blamed. They think they trash the program, but secretly someone actually smuggles it out and puts it into some sort of computer to flesh device. The program guy is then loose in the real world and starts to kill people.

He can repair himself if damaged by "soaking up" glass.

Anyone have an idea what the name of this movie is?

coupes.
04-26-2005, 01:26 AM
I beleive it's called Virtuosity.

Sabretooth
04-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Haven't seen it, but sounds a lot like Minority Report.

ET Warrior
04-26-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Sabretooth

O_o

it sounds NOTHING like Minority Report....

Samuel Dravis
04-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by coupes.
I beleive it's called Virtuosity. Yeah, that's the one. It has Russel Crowe and Denzel Washington in it. It was an ok movie.

Sabretooth
04-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
O_o

it sounds NOTHING like Minority Report....

Well, I haven't seen the movie. The description sounded a little like MR. I mean the VR, the cop guy getting hunted by the cops and all. I think that sort of stuff was there was in MR.

RpTheHotrod
04-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Aight....thanks guys.

Think of it like this...

a computer program that has turned bad is brought into the real world. He is now walking among people. When damage, he absorbs glass to heal himself, much like what terminator looked like when the bad one turned his arm into a spike. Has that type of transforming "power".

wassup
04-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Holy Baloney I just remembered I've actually watched this movie before. Kind of disappointing, actually. I was expecting something more than an above-average sci-fi flick when there are 2 major stars on board.

ET Warrior
04-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Well, I haven't seen the movie. The description sounded a little like MR. I mean the VR, the cop guy getting hunted by the cops and all. I think that sort of stuff was there was in MR.

I've never seen this Virtuosity either....but....Minority Report?

jon_hill987
04-26-2005, 06:42 AM

It sound more like lawnmower man, and it dosn't sound much like that...

Sivy
04-26-2005, 07:04 AM
ooh lets make it a game!

name this movie -

John Candy takes his family on a vacation in the woods, but things don't go as planned when the in-laws turn up.

jon_hill987
04-26-2005, 07:34 AM
The great outdoors

did I win?

Name this: A film about a nut with a split personality disorder and soap.

Sivy
04-26-2005, 08:21 AM
fight club \o/

name this film....

in order to inherit $300m, this person has to spend $30m in 30 days... which turns out to be not as easy as he thinks.

Astrotoy7
04-26-2005, 08:29 AM

what are you on sabre ?

minority report is about precogs who see into the future and help in the solving of crimes....Tom Cruise uncovers a secret etc etc...

yes Rp, im pretty sure Virtuosity is what you are after...that is actually how Russell Crowe made his break into Hollywood :)

and Sivy I think youre talking about Brewsters Millions :p

mtfbwya

Sivy
04-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

and Sivy I think youre talking about Brewsters Millions :p

\o/

next one...

a violinist is picked randomly out of a crowd (due to his strange choice of footwear) is made the target of CIA surveillance and pursuit.

toms
04-26-2005, 10:41 AM
The man with one red shoe? With tom hanks and Leia?

reminds me of:

An advertising executive is wrongly picked out by spys and chased across the country...

PS/ I remember virtuosity as a disappointing film that seemed more like a straight to video film than a big blockbuster. And Russell Crowe was pretty bad in it, good thing he has improved.

Sivy
04-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by toms

correct

coupes.
04-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by toms

Or, Le Grand Blond avec une chaussure noire... :p

Spider AL
04-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Here's another: A maverick German silent film director in the '20s intends to make the first filmic adaptation of Stoker's Dracula. His star turns out to be a bit more than just a method actor...

jon_hill987
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
i'm guessing Nosferatu.

Next:
A man on the run from the law, trying to prove his inocence by finding the killer of his wife.

Spider AL
04-26-2005, 02:05 PM
i'm guessing Nosferatu.Very related, but nope. :D

A man on the run from the law, trying to prove his inocence by finding the killer of his wife.This was just on TV last night in the UK, I feel duty bound to keep quiet, therefore.

ET Warrior
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
The Fugitive.

Two brothers decide to take the law into their own hands, killing evil men while the police try to figure out who has been killing all these people.

Spider AL
04-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Boondock Saints...

Still haven't answered the vampire one, it was such a good film too... Nobody saw it. :(

El Sitherino
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
Here's another: A maverick German silent film director in the '20s intends to make the first filmic adaptation of Stoker's Dracula. His star turns out to be a bit more than just a method actor... Shadow of the Vampire. With John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe. Good movie.

Young kids form a club that is devoted to monsters. Dracula comes to earth along with a few other monsters in hopes to find an amulet that will let him take over the world.

jon_hill987
04-26-2005, 04:24 PM
The Monster Squad (1987)

Next: This film was based on the Issac Asimov books, It is about an hour too long.

Joetheeskimo
04-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by jon_hill987
The Monster Squad (1987)

Next: This film was based on the Issac Asimov books, It is about an hour too long.

I Robot? :xp:

jon_hill987
04-26-2005, 08:55 PM
nope, I robot was not an hour too long...

RpTheHotrod
04-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Just FYI...I really liked Virtuosity.

I think it would be a killer game if it was put into the halflife 2 engine.

The story is that a program called Sid has 200 personalities, each being some sort of notorious killer. He was created to put the law enforcement to the test. However, he actually kills one of the officers and the police guys decide to pull the plug.

There was another experiment that would allow a computer cube consiting of harddrive and all that, that would also build a silicon body around it. In other words, a computer brain in a silicon body.

Instead of the Sid program being destroyed, someone puts his program in another program's place. When someone for the silicon experiment pulls sid's program out and puts it in the machine, the machine starts to build a silicon body around the computer "brain" of sid.

Sid is then "born" into the real world being fully able to control his silicon body. He then goes out and there's suddenly a killer out there with 200 personalities of different killers.

That's pretty much the setting for the movie.

Mike Windu
04-26-2005, 09:08 PM
A year after Britain turns over Hong Kong to China, a Chinese consulate's daughter is kidnapped and it is up to an LA cop to find her, with some foreign help.

:p

IG-64
04-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
A year after Britain turns over Hong Kong to China, a Chinese consulate's daughter is kidnapped and it is up to an LA cop to find her, with some foreign help.

:p

Rush hour.

Aliens invade earth and disguise themselves as people, the only way to see them is with special shades.

Seph
04-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Twilight of the superheroes, A man is a keeper of a hotel, he starts to go crazy talks to dead people and himself, spends a long time typing All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and Red Rum is a common quote

Edit: Hey John, was it The Notebook

tags
04-26-2005, 09:25 PM
w only this clue, you should get this movie right away if you've seen it: "A tongue with a face that yells and eats"

Seph
04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by tags
w only this clue, you should get this movie right away if you've seen it: "A tongue with a face that yells and eats" Kung pow, and only ask if you've answerd a question please

KBell
04-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Shiro Ronin
Twilight of the superheroes, A man is a keeper of a hotel, he starts to go crazy talks to dead people and himself, spends a long time typing All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and Red Rum is a common quote

Edit: Hey John, was it The Notebook

The Shining

Man with hands of blades spends a lifetime of isolation in a mansion only to be found by a saleswoman.

Vikinor
04-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Edward Scissor hands?

KBell
04-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
Edward Scissor hands?

You da man :D

Seph
04-26-2005, 09:46 PM
next movie, a lone man comes into town, a girl bumps into him, he rapes her, he doesn't get punished, "paint the town red", hint, there's an oompa loompa sherrif

El Sitherino
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
Aliens invade earth and disguise themselves as people, the only way to see them is with special shades. They Live.

Alright people. Only one question at a time, because otherwise it's just confusing and incredibly annoying.

Curt-Man
04-26-2005, 10:25 PM
your one and only hint:
"RUN...GO! GET TO DA CHOPPAH!"

Seph
04-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
They Live.

Alright people. Only one question at a time, because otherwise it's just confusing and incredibly annoying.
next movie, a lone man comes into town, a girl bumps into him, he rapes her, he doesn't get punished, "paint the town red", hint, there's an oompa loompa sherrif
Originally posted by Curt-Man
your one and only hint:
One question at a time please, and my question still stands

Spider AL
04-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Shiro, High Plains Drifter? One of my favourite westerns. Damn good film.

Here's another, a little more difficult now:

A Vietnam vet who was in a POW camp for ages returns to his home town. Thieves break into his house and steal his prized collection of silver coins, oh, and kill his family and mutilate his hand. He pursues them to Mexico to exact bloody vengeance, along with his old army buddy.

Seph
04-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Shiro, High Plains Drifter? One of my favourite westerns. Damn good film.

Here's another, a little more difficult now:

A Vietnam vet who was in a POW camp for ages returns to his home town. Thieves break into his house and steal his prized collection of silver coins, oh, and kill his family and mutilate his hand. He pursues them to Mexico to exact bloody vengeance, along with his old army buddy. Kill me now

Or kill me later
one of those
2 non human biengs have war,
human screws up a perfectally good movie by falling in love with one of the 2 non humans

Spider AL
04-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Kill me now

Or kill me later
one of thoseNope! This one's obscure, it may take some research.

human screws up a perfectally good movie by falling in love with one of the 2 non humansHmm. Tempted to say Underworld, but nobody ended up being human in that film.

Good question, I'll have to think about that one...

Mandalorian54
04-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Spider AL, is it El Mariachi or Desparado?

Tyrion
04-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Nope! This one's obscure, it may take some research.

After a bit of Google research, is it Rolling Thunder?

jon_hill987
04-28-2005, 07:20 AM
human screws up a perfectally good movie by falling in love with one of the 2 non humans

Is it AvP?

Sabretooth
04-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Is it AvP?

Are you sure a human falls in love with an Alien or the Predator? I don't think so.

jon_hill987
04-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Are you sure a human falls in love with an Alien or the Predator? I don't think so.

Yeah, I am, and it ruins the movie! lol!

KBell
04-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I am, and it ruins the movie! lol!

She doesn't fall in love with it.........they show respect for eachother. Never did she like, make out with it or anything. Dunno where you got love from, lol

El Sitherino
04-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Maybe it was a deleted scene. They might have made love.

KBell
04-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Maybe it was a deleted scene. They might have made love.

Oh em gee, am I actually going to have to rent this terrible movie then? :eek:

El Sitherino
04-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by KBell
Oh em gee, am I actually going to have to rent this terrible movie then? :eek: Human on Predator action. It's kind of hot, in a disgustingly bestial sort of way.

jon_hill987
04-28-2005, 08:21 AM
lol! i was just trying to work out what film it was, It could have been underworld but i as it was essenctial for the plot i didn't think It screwed it up. AvP seemed an obvious choice, the relationship (however far it went) between the main char and the pred ruined what could have been a good film. hence my guess.

Mandalorian54
04-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Are there any limitations to this game? Like, if it's some foreign film that never got released then it's not really fair. Can it be an anime?

Maybe we could get a more detailed discription of Shiro Ronin's movie cuz the one that was given was pretty vague.

Spider AL
04-28-2005, 06:03 PM
After a bit of Google research, is it Rolling Thunder?It is indeed! Well done Tyrion, and you should see the movie. It's a classic of the 70's action-thriller genre. Devane plays the best role of his career, bar none...

I'm calling Underworld for Shiro's movie. I think it's Underworld.

the_raven_03
04-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm calling Underworld for Shiro's movie. I think it's Underworld.

I think you are right with it being Underworld because Michael is originally a human and then gets changed.

Seph
04-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Is it AvP? Si Senor

Mandalorian54
04-29-2005, 12:47 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it AvP?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si Senor

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay I've got one,

Two best friend's dream vacation becomes a nightmare when they both fall for the same man and throw caution to the wind. They are arrested for drug smuggling and must prove their innocence before it's too late.

Sabretooth
04-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian54
Two best friend's dream vacation becomes a nightmare when they both fall for the same man and throw caution to the wind. They are arrested for drug smuggling and must prove their innocence before it's too late.

Brokedown Palace.

Here's a Spaghetti Western:

A band of vigilantes catch a guy and, incorrectly believing him guilty of murder, hang him. He doesn't die. He becomes a lawman to hunt down his lynchers and show them to true justice.

Spider AL
04-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Hang 'Em High with Clint Eastwood. Another classic of the western genre. Dunno if it's a spaghetti though. ;)

Here's a good one:

A tough old gaijin goes to Japan in order to facilitate the release of an industrialist buddy's daughter, whom the Yakuza are holding for ransom. He meets up with his Japanese ex-girlfriend, whose brother is an ex-yakuza enforcer. Together the two men must uncover the plots of their enemies, and fight for their lives.

tags
04-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
your one and only hint:

preditor!!

BCanr2d2
04-30-2005, 07:37 AM
I'd suggest Predator!!!!!!