PDA

View Full Version : ^&$^&@! Race

ironchefmike
04-30-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm finding this game rather difficult - I'm still waiting for an adapter for my gamepad, so I'm still using keyboard controls, and I'm finding it really frustrating.

Aiming is difficult, so I get wailed on by censors quite a bit. And now I'm trying to win that darn race in the disco head. Arg.

Any tips?

netmonkey
05-01-2005, 12:18 AM
WASD + Mouse... and make sure you invert the mouse so that moving left is left, moving right is right, moving up is up and moving down is down.

Freck
05-01-2005, 02:31 PM
If you haven't already been using them, try finding the almost-transparent chutes that run up above the racetrack. I used them almost all the way (granted I had an Xbox controller) and found it pretty easy. Take it slow at least once to work out a route.

There's also a shortcut near the end, on the right side of the track a purple tunnel opens up just before an accelerator archway. There are censors in there, though, so I don't know if it will help you much. It's possible to just avoid them but might be tricky with the keyboard.

ironchefmike
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Yep, finally got through it, thanks. With keyboard. Just hit all the chutes. Haven't found the shortcut, though.

Practice makes perfect...