PDA

View Full Version : Coolest party member

RC-1162
05-04-2005, 09:10 AM
which of these do you think is the coolest party member?

Bastila
05-04-2005, 10:14 AM
For me its bastila i love the attuide and the im always right person she is and she kicks butt.

Prime
05-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Most of them were really good, but Bastila was probably the best. A strong case can be made for HK as well...

ChAiNz.2da
05-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Again (surprise surprise) I gotta go with Jolee..

Not only did he have a decent storyline.. but his grumpy attitude, quick wit and just the fact he didn't act like the "typical" stuffed shirt Jedi was enough for me to keep him in my Party escapades for alot of the game...

if not Jolee... HK-47 is definitely a very close second because of his nature and the "uniqueness" I thought Bioware brought to the character...

Bob Lion54
05-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I went with Jolee as well. Kriea really disappionted me in the Un-Jedi like Jedi role.

Canderous is cool in a "Punisher-like" way.

Mission had a geat attitude too. And there is just something about the blue skin. :D

Prime
05-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Again (surprise surprise) I gotta go with Jolee.. Another good choice. There are so many well-written characters in that game.

Originally posted by Lion54
Kriea really disappionted me in the Un-Jedi like Jedi role. Well, she was a Sith Lord. :)

Bastila
05-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Lion54
Kriea really disappionted me in the Un-Jedi like Jedi role.

Well, she was a Sith Lord. :) [/B]

and she wasnt in the first game.

RaV™
05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Obviously, Jolee

Emperor Devon
05-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I like all the party members (except that ******* Carth). But my favorite is Bastila.

The Hidden One
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Jolee owns...

All the rest are pansys(except for HK..)

RC-1162
05-06-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Most of them were really good, but Bastila was probably the best. A strong case can be made for HK as well...

Im with u there. some credit should go to T3 too. his leviathan breakout is kinda cool. i like jolee too. the main reason is he doesnt rave on and on about how i should and should'nt use the force(like bastila, carth, mission and juhani).

Interjection : One moment, I believe you have been ignoring me, master. That is unacceptable. DIE MEATBAG!

:fire3: :explode:

Colma Adawin
05-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Juhani for me!

I thought she was the best, shes got the force, she looks and sound cool! top-notch Jedi / Sith which ever way she chooses, i'll still like her!

MattCole

:eek: :eek: :eek: Am i the ONLY person to vote for Juhani?!?! ;)

RC-1162
05-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk

That you are my friend.
even i personally HATE juhani. she sux to the core(according to me and no offense) what with her annoying accent and constant whining and all

Colma Adawin
05-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Darth Band
That you are my friend.
even i personally HATE juhani. she sux to the core(according to me and no offense) what with her annoying accent and constant whining and all

I thought her accent made her kinda sexy :naughty: and cooler than everyone else, also, Jolee, Mission, Bastila AND CARTH complained more than Juhani

RC-1162
05-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I thought her accent made her kinda sexy :naughty:

no offense but are you all right? take a loooong nap and tell me what you think of juhani.(seriously)

if ur thinking whom i voted for, it was bastila. now theres one hot girl:naughty:

Bastila
05-09-2005, 01:52 PM
I found juhani the most annoying more annoying then carth, she was pointless, and my first time i played the game i killed her, then i was like oh she join's my party, but i really cloudn't care shes annoying.

Colma Adawin
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Bastila
I found juhani the most annoying more annoying then carth, she was pointless, and my first time i played the game i killed her, then i was like oh she join's my party, but i really cloudn't care shes annoying.

BASTILA!!!! some high and mighty Jedi you are, you fell to the darkside!! ;) where as Juhani started as a sith, turned Jedi.

:) just fooling around

MattCole

TheMadDoofer
05-09-2005, 06:02 PM
HK-47: Coolest party member of any game - but Jolee was another good one - condescending old people are fun.

Tupac Amaru
05-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Either Jolee or HK for me. I loved the cynical, grumpy, old meatbag, but my vote went to the assassination droid.

Shok_Tinoktin
05-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Tupac Amaru
Either Jolee or HK for me. I loved the cynical, grumpy, old meatbag, but my vote went to the assassination droid.

:eek: That is my opinion exactly.

Sabretooth
05-11-2005, 08:44 AM
T3-M4, anytime. He has automatic water-cooling systems, as well moisture-sucking cooling, making him the coolest party member.

Colma Adawin
05-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sabretooth
T3-M4, anytime. He has automatic water-cooling systems, as well moisture-sucking cooling, making him the coolest party member.

I Thought he Was the most ANNOYING! he was useless (in my opinion) i had to get a mod that made him have more uses.

Still recommend Juhani, shes the BEST!!!

;)

MattCole

Bastila
05-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I Thought he Was the most ANNOYING! he was useless (in my opinion) i had to get a mod that made him have more uses.

;)

MattCole

I thourght T3 was useless as well i didn't use him at all like Hk really HK was good to talk to but fighting no, still your the only person i know who liked Juhani

starmark2k
05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Jolee is the best character for sheer comical value.

RC-1162
05-12-2005, 01:39 AM
man mattcole, i cant believe u dont like bastila. almost all the ppl ive met go :nut: over her

Prime
05-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by starmark2k
Jolee is the best character for sheer comical value. Not to mention he is good in a fight...

Aidy
05-12-2005, 01:03 PM
poor old Carth, unloved, not wanted and disrespected throughout the known universe...maybe because he spent the entire game moaning like a old fish wife....at one point after I had tried to help him with his son and his response was akin "thanks for nothing ****head" I actually wanted the bastard to be in the room with me becasue I was so sick of his negative attatude...

Canderous (did I spell that right) is king....

Darth333
05-12-2005, 09:55 PM
I like Carth but I think Jolee is the coolest party member.

Feagildin
05-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, it came close enough for me to minimize the window while deciding who to vote for, but I chose HK-47 in the end. What could possibly be cooler than having your own assassination droid who happens to have a sense of humor as well? (Well, for a Jedi, who happen to be celibate. Otherwise Bastilla all the way!!)

RC-1162
05-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Okay so all of you hate carth. So who voted for him?:eek:

Bastila
05-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Wow someone voted for him, i dont hate him i think his ok after playing the game for the 12th time lol Juhani still annoying.

Prime
05-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Okay so all of you hate carth. So who voted for him?:eek: I didn't vote for him, but I like Carth...

Jeff
05-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Okay so all of you hate carth. So who voted for him?:eek:
I DID. Although Carth might not have been the best fighter, or the funniest, I thought his character was very realistic (in a star wars universe). Although I do really like HK and Jolee for the comic relief, I think Carth was the best-made party member by Bioware.

Sabretooth
05-15-2005, 07:14 AM

T3-M4 is no doubt, the coolest. HK doesn't have cooling systems as sophisticated as T3. Everybody else is organic, meaning that their temperatures have to be like, above 30 degrees celcius or something.

May be annoying, maybe useless, maybe not the best, but definitely the coolest.

Sabretooth
05-15-2005, 07:20 AM

T3-M4 is no doubt, the coolest. HK doesn't have cooling systems as sophisticated as T3. Everybody else is organic, meaning that their temperatures have to be like, above 30 degrees celcius or something.

Sabretooth
05-15-2005, 07:22 AM

;)

MattCole

Mav
05-16-2005, 01:54 AM
I thourght T3 was useless as well

Well at least in TSL, T3 is a TANK!!, I guess he learned some battle abilities after hanging around with HK-47.

I for one voted for Jolee, in fact on all subsequent playthroughs after my first I went to Kashyyk first just so he could be in my party, and he never left.

Everybody else is organic, meaning that their temperatures have to be like, above 30 degrees celcius or something.

Actually if we're talking human, I believe it would be 27 degrees Celcius, well at least I hope or else AP Bio was a waste of my time...:lol:... it probably was... :(

Mav
05-16-2005, 02:24 AM
I thourght T3 was useless as well

Well at least in TSL, T3 is a TANK!!, I guess he learned some battle abilities after hanging around with HK-47.

I for one voted for Jolee, in fact on all subsequent playthroughs after my first I went to Kashyyk first just so he could be in my party, and he never left.

Everybody else is organic, meaning that their temperatures have to be like, above 30 degrees celcius or something.

Actually if we're talking human, I believe it would be 27 degrees Celcius, well at least I hope or else AP Bio was a waste of my time...:lol:... it probably was... :(

lukeiamyourdad
05-16-2005, 10:39 PM
I voted for Jolee. He's funny and a good fighter.

HK is funny, but his combat effectiveness is rather low. Not enough feats.

Juhani WAS annoying. I felt that her story was so incomplete and her bugged quest never got fixed.

Bastilla. A chick with a british accent. Nothing turns me on more.

So Bastila, you're from England eh? :naughty:

Carth was cool. He was annoying at times, but I kinda liked him. He was good looking.

T3 was useful on Manaan and Taris. He was worthless everywhere else and there was no interaction with him.

Mission was cool. She'll make an excellent Twi'lek slave.

Zaalbar is kinda boring. A pragmatic Wookiee isn't that fun. Chewbacca is so much cooler and I wished they made Wookiees better with rifles.

Canderous is awesome. nuff said.

FiEND_138
05-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Jolee.

Colma Adawin
05-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Okay, heres my View, Coolest at top:

Juhani - Her Accent and the whole way she looks make her the supreme coolest. (ON MY LIST)

Jolee - Just a good Laugh, doesnt really care for Light or Dark side. but not better than Juhani!! ;)

HK-47 - Loved having him in my party Good or Bad, hes still an excellent droid!

Carth Moans too much, Republic this, Revan That ;)

Bastila - Shes too head-strong, but she does have a lot of uses, shes a Jedi with a lot of knowledge.

Canderous - Too Darkside for my liking, he likes Destruction too much.

Mission - Too Young, Too stupid. but i do like Twi'Leks so shes not arse end of the chart.

Zaalbar - To be honest too much like Chewbacca, i'm not a fan of him. and i never will.

T3-M4 - as i said before, this droid, is absolutly USELESS without the modders of the Holowan Forums.

GO JUHANI!!!!!! <FORCE DOMINATE> YOU WILL VOTE FOR JUHANI

:thumbsup:

MattCole

BattleDog
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
You have issues.

I voted for Carth.

1. He looks cool.

2. He sounds cool.

3. He's good in a fight, if you know how to use him.

4. He gets a cool story.

5. Once you get past his issues he's a really cool and supportive guy.

Of course that's not to say I didn't fancy the pants off Bastila. Winding her up was a lot of fun too.

Jamps
05-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Jolee.

He was pretty much my character's mentor. Not to mention his powerful force, great fighting skill, and comical relief to the game :D .

RC-1162
05-22-2005, 08:03 AM
So ill assume tht noone likes the blue skinned twilek aka snot nosed punk who loses her head at any mention of "KID!"

lukeiamyourdad
05-22-2005, 03:50 PM
'cause we're all waiting to like her...when she's 18 :xp:

RC-1162
05-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Bad boy!:rofl:

messle01
05-24-2005, 04:44 AM
definitley HK47 i like the way he wants to blast everything in sight

RC-1162
05-27-2005, 07:55 AM
my abilities are more that your average meatbag, me too

Master-Athamay
11-07-2005, 03:13 PM
HK all teh way baby!

If he was human I'd probably fall head over heels in love...

Heh, 'meatbags' heh heh. I laughed my rear off when I first heard that.
He's just so darn funny! And in my team he was pretty strong.

My second fave's gotta be Canderous... Kicking ass, taking names (both of 'em)

DarkExcalibur42
11-08-2005, 12:39 AM
1. HK-47 (easily)
2. Jolee Bindo
3. T3-M4
4. Carth
5. Canderous
6. Juhani
7. Mission
8. Bastila
9. Zaalbar

Prodigy.NL
11-08-2005, 01:45 PM
So ill assume tht noone likes the blue skinned twilek aka snot nosed punk who loses her head at any mention of "KID!"

Mission is definally my favourite
she has a very cool additude and she plays pazak :)
i dont really like/use canderous and the 2 droids, all though its funny to talk to hk
Jolee was stupid to talk to, but a nice party member when bastila was gone
i mixed jolee, juani, mission, carth and zaalbar around as my partymembers
batila was my permantent party member untill i couldnt play with her anymore
(to bad my 3th planed was koriba, so i couldnt play on that one with bastila and afther that also not anymore

RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Here is my list
1. Darth Revan- Me! Just kidding, actually:

1. Bastila Shan
2. HK-47
3. Mission Vao
4. Carth Onasi/Jolee Bindo
5. T3-M3
6. Canderous
7. Zaalbar
8. Juhani

Not saying that I hate Zaalbar or Juhani, I just have other favorites. As far as it goes I don't think I had any problem with the KotOR I characters. That is why I don't like permanent KotOR I recruit mods :D.

Hallucination
11-13-2005, 06:10 PM
HK. What with his funny dialogues, wishful thinking and a hate of all life hes the best. Followed by Jolee for irrated old fart-ness and the Bastila for hotness.

SITHSLAYER133
11-13-2005, 06:22 PM
nuthin beats a homicidal droid !!! with tendancy to slaughter

RedHawke
11-14-2005, 02:49 AM
My streetsmart but sweet, Jedi Mission Vao pwns! :p

'cause we're all waiting to like her...when she's 18 :xp:
Yup! :naughty:

Cygnus Q'ol
11-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Jolee annoys me the least.
...but, I enjoy fighting alongside Bastilla.

chaleur
11-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Carth and HK-47 (probably in that order).

After that it gets harder. I like pretty much everyone else quite a bit, except I wasn't that big a fan of Zaalbar, and the preachy princess (Bastila) gets on my nerves.

shamelessposer
11-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Definitely Jolee, with HK-47 being a distant second. They have the best stories.

Soogz
11-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Going to have to go with Mission.

ImA_JediToo
11-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I vote for HK

holy moly more people voted on Juhani then Zaalbar?A Wookiee is definitly cooler then some bisexual cat

MrVorlon
11-24-2005, 03:17 AM
Canderous. Who else can threaten to bring down a Hutt's place if said Hutt doesn't do as I say?

Eagle Racer
11-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Jolee is my second favorite NPC out of both games. Deffinately the best in KOTOR 1. HK was a close 2nd.

The Doctor
11-24-2005, 04:34 PM
They all have their pros and cons. I don't really have a favourite.

Melly
11-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Carth is my man. He goes everywhere with me.

I think you really have to be female and play as a female to really enjoy Carth as a character (not that all the ladies like him, but I know quite a few).

The Doctor
11-25-2005, 04:44 PM
^That must be true. Al the guys I know can't stand much of Carth. I don't actually know any girls who play KotOR (other than yourself and a few others here).

lukeiamyourdad
11-25-2005, 05:54 PM
No, it must not be true. Carth was slightly annoying but had a nice body.

What? Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Melly
11-26-2005, 02:53 AM
No, it must not be true. Carth was slightly annoying but had a nice body.

What? Why is everyone looking at me like that?

:lol: Don't worry about it. I think Bastila is pretty and has a nice figure... and I'm a girl.

The Doctor, you should go to the Knights of the Old Republic Fanmedia boards, that's where all the girl gamers post, because they don't get mocked for liking (or disliking) certain characters, like they do on so many other boards (not talking about this one of course).

The Doctor
11-26-2005, 10:04 AM
I never mock people for their opinions.
OK, that's a lie, but I only do that if they have based their opinions on falswe information. Or if they tick me off ;)

lukeiamyourdad
11-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Actually, we don't mock girl gamers at all here. We(I) think it's very sexy :)

It's just because we usually assume that everyone is male (even though we should be more careful on these boards) so sometimes, it can seem weird.

The Doctor
11-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Maybe some of the "girl" gamers are actually 40 year old men looking for little boys to take to the park.
Please don't hurt me, ladies.

lukeiamyourdad
11-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Or 20 year old girls looking to do the same thing.

I prefer to live in my dream world with that assumption.

Melly
11-26-2005, 05:42 PM
**throws plasma grenade at The Doctor** :p

Actually, most of them are married and have kids. And I never said that you guys mocked us lady gamers, far from it. :)

Jae Onasi
12-13-2005, 12:05 PM
@The Doctor--euwww! That's not a pretty picture. ;P

Favorite--Jolee--loved the tales. I go to Kashyyyk early just to pick him up as a party member
Next--Carth--I liked seeing how his story unfolded (yes, the gals appreciate him more)
Close third--HK--I laughed hysterically at some of his comments

Beta-593
12-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I like HK -- if you upgrade his equipment enough, then he can be a great asset.

Before then, he's not as good.

Meatbag!

This is my first post. Yay.

Arátoeldar
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I like HK -- if you upgrade his equipment enough, then he can be a great asset.

Before then, he's not as good.

Meatbag!

This is my first post. Yay.

Welcome to the LA boards :)

Bastila becuase of the British accent.

Graphic
12-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Canderous from the Mandalorian clan Ordo

Gangsta

I hated Carth by the way. Such a do gooder, got on my damn nerves after a while. If he lived today he'd probably be a devout Christian football player or something.

Mace MacLeod
12-21-2005, 10:10 AM
HK by a long shot.

The DS storyline is worth alienating all your goody-two-shoes party members just to hang with HK in TSL. Best dialogue in either game, period. Sure, he's kinda useless without a super beefed-up repeating rifle with all the trimmings, but then TSL is so easy your PC should really be able to slaughter pretty much anything on its own anyway. The other party members in KOTOR 1 & 2 all have their own quirky charm, but (if you've paid attention to my posts) I hate Carth by far the most. His constant whining about trust issues got so aggravating I just sent him to the ship for the rest of the game as soon as I got Mission and Big Z. Big disappointment that I had to have him with me on the Leviathan...

Vibro
12-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Jolee for me.

Rain128
12-22-2005, 07:51 AM
1. Jolee > all
2. Mission - for her Skills
3. Ordo
3. Carth
4. up tight... err Bastila
5. Hk - his lines were funny, but not that geat a char... plus the droid upgrades for kotor I kinda sucked
6. Juhani - not that great a jedi.. couldnt hold her own in the unknown world... she drped faster then Jolee... =/
7.T3.... not a combat droid, had him open the door n thats it .. would have been better if you could of used him as a work bench like K2
8. Big Z - not that i have anything really agenst him, but his dex is way too low, and the fact he couldnt wear armor... well he got hit... hard..

My streetsmart but sweet, Jedi Mission Vao pwns!

i have that too and she really dose!

Aayla Secura
12-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Maybe some of the "girl" gamers are actually 40 year old men looking for little boys to take to the park.
Please don't hurt me, ladies.

Too late.

Analia
12-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Carth, he was awesome.

Soogz
12-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Mission. Absolutely the coolest NPC. Or HK.

RobQel-Droma
12-28-2005, 11:50 PM
I really liked Mission too. After I got done playing KotOR I thought that she should have had LS mastery (which is the way I almost always play).

She certaintly didn't seem to care that you were once one of the most feared Dark Lords, either.

Clone L68362
12-29-2005, 12:40 AM
It was hard. Bastila's just an awesome character, but I think HK-47 was the only one that I really liked when I first met him.

Vibro
12-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Mission. Absolutely the coolest NPC. Or HK.

You liked her? I just found her annoying.

Klia
12-29-2005, 12:03 PM
HK-47.

He's the new Bender.

SOCR
12-29-2005, 03:59 PM
HK-47 by far. Then Juhani

Soogz
12-29-2005, 05:50 PM
HK-47.

He's the new Bender.

LMFAO. Isn't that the truth?

Venom750
12-29-2005, 07:43 PM
He'd probarly fry Benders shine metal ass

Klia
12-29-2005, 08:01 PM
He'd probarly fry Benders shine metal ass

I think they'd take over the world.

LMFAO. Isn't that the truth?

Damn straight!

JediKnight707
12-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Bastila. You get to make out with her :D

Venom750
12-29-2005, 08:38 PM
I like Jolee mostly because of his ramberlings so i'd say HK-47 then Jolee

CodyFanGirl
01-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I voted for HK-47 :D

Alkonium
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Bindo. Cranky old wise guy/man. I'm actually seeing why it wold be good to serve neither side of the Force, but I still stick with the light side.

Carthaholic
01-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Jolee got my vote. He's so unlike any other Jedi and his constant rambling is hilarious! "I did it all for the Wookies. - The Wookies? - The Wookies!" HK-47 is great too. Oh and so is Carth... and Bastila... and Mission... and Canderous too... Okay so I like 'em all! Except Juhani, hate her gut so much! Everybody should just kill her on Dantooine! }:D

PoiuyWired
01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Its all Mission(cute, fun n caring) and HK...

Hmmm... make a game out of HK n Mission and I will buy it. :3

Krayzie
01-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Again (surprise surprise) I gotta go with Jolee..

Not only did he have a decent storyline.. but his grumpy attitude, quick wit and just the fact he didn't act like the "typical" stuffed shirt Jedi was enough for me to keep him in my Party escapades for alot of the game...

if not Jolee... HK-47 is definitely a very close second because of his nature and the "uniqueness" I thought Bioware brought to the character...

Exactly what he said. :)

Diego Varen
01-17-2006, 04:28 PM
I like all the Party Members, but heres what I think:
Carth: Slightly annoying, but good with guns. 9/10
Mission: Slightly annoying, but good with swords. 8.5/10
Zaalbar: Good at fighting with no weapons. 8.5/10
Bastila: The best Jedi to have in your Party, but also annoying. 9/10
T3-M4: Useful at first, but then when you talk to him, he's boring (Better in KOTOR: TSL). 8/10
Canderous: Good to talk to, however I don't find him as good as Carth. 8.5/10
Juhani: Be great, if it weren't for her annoying accent (What is her accent?) and whining and she's useful in the Levithian. 7.5/10
HK-47: Better at fighting than T3 and quite funny. Annoying he has to say "Statement" or "Query" or "Exclamation". 9.5/10
Jolee: The funniest Jedi of your Party. His background is intresting and he is good with the Force and a Lightsaber. 10/10

PS: Why make a Spin-Off of Mission and HK. If you want a Spin-Off, then either do Mission and Zaalbar one or HK-47 and T3-M4 one.

Nancy Allen``
01-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Russian I think Juhani's accent is, maybe Finnish. I found her not to be as annoying as some of the other characters could be, and some are really just feh to be honest. Zaalbar is cool because he's a Wookie, but I could live without him. As cool as he is, and as honerable as he's meant to be, Canderous is a world burning genocidal you know what. Carth and Bastila can get on the nerves as well, with the whole untrusting and holier than thou act. Ditto Mission for how you could think you say the right thing and she cracks it. T3 we really don't know anything about. Jolee and HK would be the coolest characters, but my vote goes to Juhani for her sidequest and the female romance option.

JediSteve21
01-22-2006, 07:19 PM
i really like HK-47! hes a human like robot that can do almost everything except use a lightsaber...i have seen trask is missing though did he die or not.? and you are missing one other party member.

Wookawaskie
01-26-2006, 08:35 AM
man, bastila's best, intellectual vocab perfectly voiced in a sexy british accent!
(eg."i find you quite intriging...") plus she kicks ass in combat.
i wonder if her voice actress is as hot as her...

Alkonium
01-26-2006, 11:17 AM
My opinion
Carth: best drinking buddy ever!
Bastila: one of the best Jedi I've ever seen
Mission: I highly doubt a teenager a year younger than me would have her own gun and sword.
Zaalbar: Grrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg!
T3-M4: Kotor's R2-D2. What else can I say
HK-47: Scary yet funny
Jolee: Both a wise guy and a wise man. Not an easy task.
Canderous: Too agressive, but then again, he's a Mandalorian
Juhani: It's a shame the male PC couldn't romance her...without modding.
Overall, I'd say either Jolee or the Droids.

Shem
01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Gotta go with HK-47.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9360/meatbag9ql.jpg

Val-Dorn
01-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Hk47 had me on the ground laughing with some quotes of his but i had to go with Jolee something about that senile old man was classic.

RC-1162
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
i should have made this a multiple choice, i could have voted 4 hk. :D he rox, no denying

The_Mandalore
02-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Canderous followed closely by HK. Those two by far.

igyman
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
HK-47 is definitely the most original and funniest character ever created in Star Wars.
Thank you Bioware for creating him.

Gall_4185
02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
I voted for the walking death machine with a penchant for aiding the downfall of prior masters

The_Mandalore
02-08-2006, 08:29 PM
HK-47 is definitely the most original and funniest character ever created in Star Wars.
Thank you Bioware for creating him.
Totally agree. If they don't put HK in Kotor III then there's no point in making it!

RC-1162
02-09-2006, 06:20 AM
:wstupid: totally!!! :D
i think t3 shouldnt be there though.

MachineCult
02-09-2006, 08:42 AM
HK-47, def.
I never got him in KotOR II though, I kept forgetting to fix him. How early on in the game is it possible to reactivate him?

igyman
02-09-2006, 03:35 PM
As soon as you finish Nar Shadaa - you need to take the part from the HK-50 remains in T3's mission.
As for the other parts, you get the first one from that HK unit on Peragus (you probably know this already), one from the HK-50 remains at the Telos polar plateau and one you buy from a merchant with droid parts.

LukeDavis93
01-05-2008, 02:58 AM
no no I shouldn....... no I can't resis..... Ok I can't take it any more, all this Juhani praise caused by those who voted her #1 and those who ranked her 2-7 have forced my hand now you'll have to read one of my death ideas for Juhani: Ok so she could end up on droid planet M4-78 and be captured by over 75 torture droids with many grizzly torture devices such as: Chainsaw arms, poison injecting sharp arm blades, electrical knuckles, etc... and take her into some deadly torture chamber designed to rip all hope from living beings(meatbags), so the 1st droid could rip what little hair she has clean off, then 4 droids could mutilate her limbs so she can't escape :devsmoke: , next a bunch of droids could poke her in the ribs, elbows, knees, etc... then she could beg for mercy in her pathetic little voice, only making the droids want to hurt her more, coming to the 25th droid who would punch her teeth in with the electric fists causing her to gag on her on blood and strange cathar liquids, she'd beg "please don't hurt me anymore, I can't handle much more please, pleeeaase, pleeeeeaeaese" , then a droid would crack an opening in her skull and tear her skull apart, being maybe 2 or 3 inches from death they each stick a plasma grenade in every unnatural bodily opening caused by the droids and activated them blowing her in to a million pieces and take what is left of her head and toss it into the fire pits of Mustafar, ending with a droid saying "the worthless meatbag deserved it" :) :cowdance

Marius Fett
01-18-2008, 04:48 PM
HK wins hands down!

Talyn82
01-20-2008, 12:54 AM
This is a tough one too many good choices. But I would have to go with Canderous, he is such a bad ass; and his war stories are great.

Jammy-Jedi
01-20-2008, 06:27 AM
Jolee all the way wise yet funny, and not so hung up on the whole lightside darkside extreams.

Ztalker
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Zaalbar ftw! :D

Although he has no cool sidequest or whatsoever, taking him in my party just gave me that SW feel again.
I made him a dual-wielding slayer of all, with Bacca's blade and Mission Vibroblade (for story roleplaying reasons, obviously). When entering a fight, I can only imagine the thoughts of the poor (in many cases, Sith) enemies.

"Okay. There's a Jedi. Let's gun him. Wait...what's that behind him?!"
*Sound or arms being ripped off*

Carth on second place, now that his backstory is explained in the Kotor comics. He helped Jedi before, so I alyways repay the debt by equiping him with Mandalorian armor and weaponry :xp:

Stream
01-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I have to go with Carth - Yeah he's always complaining about something but he's a fighter who always gets back up, that alone makes him great.

SilvanElf
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
HK-47 is the bomb. His dry, witty comments make me love droids for who/what they are ment to be... Top Notch Assasins.

If it were multiple choice I also would have chosen Carth for his skill with a blaster and for being the Solo-like (at least) person in the party.

Serpentine Cougar
01-22-2008, 12:26 AM
The coolest character, in my opinion, (not necessarily my favorite) would have to be HK-47. So much personality, character, and attitude.

DeadYorick
01-22-2008, 01:16 AM
HK-47. He hates all meatbags

RedHawke
01-22-2008, 02:14 AM
HK-47. He hates all meatbags
Except the 'Master' of course. :xp:

Lordjedi
02-03-2008, 01:10 PM
HK or Bastila for me.

Meowster
02-04-2008, 02:25 AM
I liked most of the characters. Jolee, imo, is the funniest character, and has stories are fairly interisting. Some of the things he says to you makes me laugh every time. In a close second would be HK-47. HK-47 is really funny too, he is just...not up to par as the other Jedi in the group.

Totenkopf
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
One more vote for the old coot, with a very close second to the tin plated terminator.
O'course, if it had been the baddest mofo extra, the candyman would've won hands down (w/another close second for HK's gleefully murderous nature).

Rev7
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I voted for Canderous. I actually think that all of the party members are cool, with the exception of Juhani, but I like Canderous because of all of his war stories, skills, and sometimes distorted views. HK-47 was in 2nd place, Jolee 3rd, Bastila 4th....

Arcesious
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I like HK-47 a lot, but i think Jolee's cooler IMO.

ThatEvilDude
02-28-2008, 11:55 PM
HK-47 is funny but bastila just owns to much and the whole romance thing just adds another element, i was really sad when you lose her when she turns darkside.

millinniummany3
03-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Is Revan a cheat? Because I think s\he is the coolest, as you can play them exactly to how you like them.

DeadYorick
03-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Is Revan a cheat? Because I think s\he is the coolest, as you can play them exactly to how you like them.

Revan is your player character. Not a Party member. If you read the title of the thread then you would notice that it only includes party members.

HK-47 is funny but bastila just owns to much and the whole romance thing just adds another element, i was really sad when you lose her when she turns darkside.

You can redeem Bastila after you beat her on the Star Forge. If you didn't do the Romance with her then you will need a very high persuade skill. If you did then you can redeem her by saying very lovey dovy things to her. Then at the final scene of the game where you are being hailed as the prodigal knight she is standing behind you

Lordjedi
03-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Revan is your player character. Not a Party member. If you read the title of the thread then you would notice that it only includes party members.
Remember to use ["spoilers''] :xp: To the topic I like Canderous or Bastila.

millinniummany3
03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
No Revan? In that case like I think everyone else I see it as a two horse race between Jolee and HK, and out of the two I pick Jolee simply because he doesn't go 'Enthusiastic suggestion: kill everybody starting with the ones without weapons.' The girls are good for eye candy and I like them, they're cool, but Jolee's cooler.

PoiuyWired
03-02-2008, 01:25 AM
You can redeem Bastila after you beat her on the Star Forge. If you didn't do the Romance with her then you will need a very high persuade skill. If you did then you can redeem her by saying very lovey dovy things to her. Then at the final scene of the game where you are being hailed as the prodigal knight she is standing behind you

So, nothing sweeter than saying "Love You" to your gf after beating her up?

Well, I heard that since the last Happy End scene is pre-recorded Bastila would appear even if you killed her. Oh Well.

DeadYorick
03-02-2008, 01:29 AM
So, nothing sweeter than saying "Love You" to your gf after beating her up?

Stranger things have happened in Star Wars

Totenkopf
03-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Well, I heard that since the last Happy End scene is pre-recorded Bastila would appear even if you killed her. Oh Well.

I've gotten to the end w/o her being in the final cutscene. What are you talking about?

DeadYorick
03-02-2008, 02:31 AM
I've gotten to the end w/o her being in the final cutscene. What are you talking about?

It might be a glitch or a bug. Since I have also done the LS cutscene and killed Bastila a few times and she doesn't show up.

Gurges-Ahter
04-10-2008, 12:21 PM
It was hard for me not to choose Bastila, since I was in love with her and everything, but I liked Mission a lot too. I didn't often take her out as one of my party members, but I thought she was cool. I most often used Bastila, Jolee, and Juhani because I liked having 6 light sabers going at once.

JCarter426
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Coolest? A tie between HK and Canderous (same with K2). But I like Jolee just as much.

Darth krunchy
07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
I voted for Jolee. He's fun, he's funny, and he allows my personal lightside tendencies to enjoy a little of the darkside powers. :)

I like Carth a lot, and I don't understand the hatred for him. He's pretty realistic, and has a good story.

I even like T3-M4, but that's only from a powergaming perspective. I sub him in instead of Carth when I am adventuring indoors. :)

HK is cool and funny, but the powergamer in me can't use him too much.

cire992
07-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Eek, I was pretty torn. Canderous is a badass, Jolee's fun because he drops in a lot of references to the Tales of the Jedi series, HK-47 is hilarious.
I voted for Bastila because I'm male and I couldn't bring myself to choose between the three aforementioned characters. :lol:

jonathan7
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
It's clearly between Jolee and HK-47

RyuuKage
07-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I voted Jolee but it's really a tie between him and HK-47 for me. they're both funny and awesome, lol

Darth_Yuthura
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Mission... all the way.

Burnseyy
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Coolest?
I reckon Mission. :^:
just because she was about the only one who brought simple humour into it.
She was a nice break from the seriousness.
Plus her insults were just... legendary.

Marius Fett
07-22-2008, 06:10 PM
^I kinda agree with Burnseyy, but HK has to be the most AWESOMEST party member ever..

He was so well acted, and his dialg was so well written, it had me in stitches. HK FTW!

Burnseyy
07-22-2008, 06:41 PM
^I kinda agree with Burnseyy, but HK has to be the most AWESOMEST party member ever..

He was so well acted, and his dialg was so well written, it had me in stitches. HK FTW!

true.
HK's obsession with the word "meatbag" and his great dialogue was hilarious. :lol:

Marius Fett
07-22-2008, 06:43 PM
:lol:

The calm almost monotone way in which he talked about slaughtering people cracked me up...

Reminded me of Jimmy Carr.. <3

Burnseyy
07-22-2008, 06:45 PM

The calm almost monotone way in which he talked about slaughtering people cracked me up...

lmao :lol:

he does!

Darth_Yuthura
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Who was the coolest character? HK would be the most humorous character... not coolest. Big Z is the most 'drone-like' character. Bastila is the most arrogant. Jolee is... well you get the idea.

The character I liked most was Mission. She was a nice addition to the boring jedi and the uninteresting soldiers. Jolee was different, but he talked too much.

TheExile
07-23-2008, 03:02 AM
All the way with Jolee!!!!
"Nevermind, I'll leave."
"Ah! So you want to play with the old mans head. Doesn't matter! He'll forget anyway! Wait... What were we talking about"-or sumthin like that...
Isn't it hilarious???

Darth_Yuthura
07-23-2008, 09:54 AM

'Perhaps you would prefer to be called liquidious flesh bag?'

Yeah... that was very amusing. Especially liked where 'meatbag' came from... that's all Malak was.

Endorenna
09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
HK and Mission together are unbeatable!!!!!!!!!!:xp:

Sorry to bring up this old thread...I couldn't resist. :)

Sidias.R
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Mission, she's just awesome.
T3-M4, best character ever.

HIGH ON PIE 14
09-14-2008, 03:17 PM
HK and Mission together are unbeatable!!!!!!!!!!:xp:

Sorry to bring up this old thread...I couldn't resist. :)

We've all done it at least once. Well now I get to post in here. Anyway, QFT, those two together are awesome. I like Mission the best because of her street smarts and her spunky attitude. HK's line are just priceless. :xp: Malak was the original meatbag. :D

Jimmy Carr? :lol:

~HOP

Burnseyy
09-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Malak was the original meatbag. :D

~HOP

That bit made me laugh.
But it instantly made me think of a parody of Eminems 'will the real slim shady please stand up' :^:
I need something to do with my life...

Serpentine Cougar
09-16-2008, 07:30 AM
T3-M4, best character ever.
I'm curious, how do you figure that?

GeneralPloKoon
09-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Statement:HK-47 is the most popular in the universe.

Corinthian
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Jolee, with HK-47 as a close second. Jolee reminds me of Jan Janson, who was my favorite party member in Baldur's Gate II.

Blix
09-16-2008, 06:54 PM
I have to agree that Juhani and Jolee are the coolest party members, too cool imo to put one over the other. Canderous with his war stories makes a close second though.

Sidias.R
09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm curious, how do you figure that?

I'd have to say, that if it wasn't for him, you couldn't even escape Taris, nor Peragus.
Also, his skills are just amazing.

Corinthian
09-16-2008, 08:18 PM
He's got no personality.

TKA-001
09-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes he does t3 is awesome

He mkilled three hk-50s and it had nothing to do with game mechanics

Ctrl Alt Del
09-17-2008, 09:12 AM
It's clearly between Jolee and HK-47

Simply that.

Endorenna
09-18-2008, 12:47 AM
That bit made me laugh.

"Statement: Malak was unimpressed, but you thought it rather humerous." :lol:

mattig89ch
09-18-2008, 02:27 PM
HK-47, hands down. He is the funniest character in the party.

GwannaSauna
11-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Zaalbar, Canderous, and HK-47 are all cool. I just can't pick one, it's too hard. Zaalbar has the strength, Canderous has the smarts (military wise, that is), and HK-47... well, he's droid who's just fun to have around (especially when you're a dark sider).

No one messes with a Wookiee, Ex-Mandolorian, and assassin droid! I'd like to see you beat that!

Chevron 7 locke
11-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Canderous, for he destroys anyone who stands in his way

Jolee, for he makes wisecracks that make me laugh,

and Hk-47, for he likes to kill things and he insults people

Those three are my top favorites

Fredi
12-24-2008, 10:39 PM
My favorite was Juhani cause she is a good fighter and has some good dark side powers, but I need to say that beeing with HK-47 and Jolee was the bomb they both are super funny.

GarfieldJL
01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Juhani for me!

I thought she was the best, shes got the force, she looks and sound cool! top-notch Jedi / Sith which ever way she chooses, i'll still like her!

MattCole

I'm voting for Juhani too, I think the script writers gave her a bad break on a lot of stuff.

Himo
01-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Canderous was a quality character, if sometimes a bit too evil (me bieng a traditional LSer and all).

He'd still get my vote though. I liked Mission a fair bit too. Nither Mission nor Canderous appeared in my party often, I just took Force users with me. However, I found the dialogue and personalities associated with the Jedi members of your team a little to cliché-d, you had your bog standard love interest and old man. Carth seemed a little too pathetic as well, and HK was just too evil to the point of bieng slightly pathetic IMO.

Juhani, Canderous and Mission were the only party members who brought anything new or interesting to the game in my opinion, and it's a tie between the three of them for me.

Rachel_Ewok
01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Bastila is overrated.

Why isn't Atton on the list? D=

Mission gets my vote since Atton's not there. I always liked her.

sera1111
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Obviously not a TSL poll. I liked Carth, him and his orange Jacket, the Romance angle was always fun. While I've never played DS of KotOR 1, I do think HK-47 is the coolest character in that list... Mostly due to the fact of his commentary and had alot of good uses... Like getting a "peaceful resolution" with the Sand People even if you wanted to pull an Anakin (from Episode II).

Endorenna
01-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Now I use a modded Mission with Force Powers and HK. Eventually I'll get around to Joleee, I s'pose... :rolleyes:

And I agree that Bastilla is overrated.

Volar the Healer
02-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Your poll left off the coolest character of all; Revan!

But Canderous definately wins the "cool" award as he's the only one who isn't whining about something or another...which is the very definition of cool (when you can take everything in stride).

Allronix
02-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Cannot vote, as they all had a role and a place to play. they were (well, most of them), cool in their own way.

Carth: He holds out until the last minute waiting for you instead of saving his hide. He then rescues your character AGAIN after the crash. Yes, the guy's got issues. He's also got plenty of reasons for said issues. Saul's a piece of work, and if retcon's your friend? Well, he has plenty of reason not to trust Jedi, either! He knows something's up with your character, but doesn't know what it is or how to say what he thinks it is. He can also take a joke, and is willing to work with others, and man enough to apologize, which puts him above Bastila, IMO. If you play DSM, he's got plenty of reason to b*tch loudly about being stuck with someone he knows is bad news.

In terms of game mechanics, boost his dex, equip the best pistols you can find or mod, and don't weigh him down with anything heavier than Echani armor. That way, he makes a fast, light fighter for taking out large numbers of enemies. Alternately, use swords, but still keep his dex as high as you can. Cross-class mods work especially well with Carth due to his high alignment and the many in-game hints that he's FS anyway.

Mission: She is GREAT to write in terms of fanfic, and a great argument for crew unity outside of Revan. It's not much of a stretch to see her being friendly with everyone, save Bastila. The second banter with Carth, for example. Like any teenager, she will say she doesn't need parents, but she really is surprised and touched when Carth and your PC show that they care about her. She wouldn't have too much trouble with Canderous. As far as he's concerned, she's a young woman who can fight, and she wouldn't really care about him being Mandalorian or working for Davik. With Juhani...well, the same streets that were hell for Juhani were home to Mission, so they could help each other through that loss.

In terms of game mechanics? Stealth belts and sneak attacks added to a copious skill base made her more versitile than T3. Cross class mods look good with her due to her high alignment as well. I tend to give her a double-bladed saber with Mantle of the Force and droid-killer crystals and give her the team-booster powers like Valor and Armor.

Zaalbar: Doesn't have much to say, he's Teller to Mission's Penn. He's still young, and less sure of himself than Juhani. what I do like is that you are able to prove to him that there are worthy humans...or corrupt him completely, almost a rough draft of the Influence system.

With Zaalbar, you have to give him blades. The bowcaster is nice, but not really a good match to the big guy's hit points and strength. Give him Bacca's blade in the main hand, Mission's in the off-hand and send him forward to act as a damage sponge.

Bastila: She's a brittle, tragic character. Wound up so tightly she's ready to snap. She puts on the act of being the proper little Jedi, but her armor keeps cracking, and she can neither ask for help or accept it - at least not until the Star Forge, and only about 50% of the time does it work.

Game mechanics, she is a solid, balanced Jedi. Make sure you max out the two-handed feat and don't be afraid to let her dabble in some DS powers like slow.

Canderous: The more you understand about the Mando'a, the cooler he becomes. Revan finds him at his lowest point, when he is cracking skulls for a two-bit crime lord, bored and fighting for pay, not honor. I've described it as seeing a lion locked in a dog kennel. Through traveling with you, telling his stories from his first battle to his downfall, fighting embarrassments to the bes'kar, and then the confrontation with Jagi, he starts realizing he he still must fight, but he cannot waste it on pointless slaughter. He needs something greater, and by the time Exile finds him, he's certainly found it.

Canderous is a tank. Take the opposite track you do with Carth - use the heaviest armor you can find and equip a BFG. Put him on Grenadier script, too. That way, he stands back, firing at the assault droids and other heavy artillery while Carth's got the backup.

Juhani: I really like her. She got shafted, dialogue-wise, with only about half of it actually getting in the game. So many times, I wanted to give her a big hug. Yes, she's shaky and her self-esteem is somewhere in the Undercity. Let's face it, though, her background's not condusive to pride in one's self, and the Jedi don't exactly help it, either. She really is a sweet woman, and believes so much in her ideals and in you.

Game mechanics? The cat is deadly. Force jump and stealth make her a natural to be right in the thick of a dangerous area. Aggressive force abilities like the Force Push family and the speed abilties do wonders with her.

Jolee:

The old man is a hoot. A Scoundrel with Force powers and an impish sense of humor. On the rare occasions he does get serious, his word carries all the more weight. He certainly claims not to like the extremes of light and dark, but he is a LS walker when the decision has to be made.

Jolee is a weak fighter, with hit points that almost justify armor. Shields are also a good thing on the old man. Since he's got dueling anyway, keep him with one saber, and go for broke on Force powers. Put him on "Jedi Support," so that he can keep throwing Force powers towards the foes and use Heal and the like to keep you all afloat.

HK-47: Disturbingly, darkly funny like a cross of Bender and a DS version of Minsc as directed by Tim Burton. Maniacal yet contemplative, he describes a Hutt being made into sausage with the same cheerfulness one would describe a Monty Python sketch. I'm willing to bet he was just as much Revan's court jester as he was a personal protocol/assassin droid.

Game mechanics - he wasn't as useful as the one-two punch I got with the gentlemen, but if you need blaster support when running with Jedi, send him in.

T3 - doesn't get much of a personality until K2. He's pretty useful on levels with lots of computers (Sith bases and such), but not as useful elsewhere.

Serpentine Cougar
02-08-2009, 03:26 PM
^ Nice analysis! :thmbup1:

Lord of Destruction
02-11-2009, 06:04 AM
what. no revan

Yar-El
02-11-2009, 11:00 AM
HK-47 was my choice. He is such a funny character.

Huntinghair
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Without a doubt, HK-47. Nothing screams "awesome" like an assassin droid with an attitude. (in my opinion)

TheJedi76
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Well, I'm going with Canderous on this one. For the sole reason he's a rough badass, and who doesn't question his loyalty no matter what side you choose.

I find Carth to much of a goody-goody-two-shoes

Bastila rhymes with rich :xp:

HK-47 is annoying after awhile, although his jokes are funny.

Mission is the most whiny kid on a video game in a long time, in my honest opinion.

Jolee comes in close. He was awesome in my opinion, but I feel he drew to many similarites to Yoda.

Uhm, who's left....Zaalbar, who has no use for me but strength alone.

Tee-Three: Also comes in close. He's like the guy who knows everything, but says nothing. :D

Juhani has too much of her feeling sorry for herself. She's annoying too.

Endorenna
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Bastila rhymes with rich :xp:

QFT. :p

Querida
10-09-2011, 12:55 AM
I picked Jolee. I love his sarcastic remarks. Their so funny.