PDA

View Full Version : More than meets the eye!


Darth Groovy
05-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Go Optimus Prime! (http://home.comcast.net/~othertransformervids/OptimusforSale.mpg)

IG-64
05-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Haha, nice. XD

Darth Groovy
05-14-2005, 02:39 AM
That's actually one of a few teasers from the forth coming live action Transformers movie. I LOVED Transformers when I was a kid, so i'm actually kind of excited about this. And I really HOPE some lame upcoming Hollywood director screws this one up.

jebbers
05-14-2005, 02:44 AM
o man that was great!

it looked pretty sweet

IG-64
05-14-2005, 03:32 AM
Live action transformers?

Sweeeeeet.

Darth Groovy
05-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
Live action transformers?

Sweeeeeet.

I know right?

BawBag™
05-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
That's actually one of a few teasers from the forth coming live action Transformers movie. I LOVED Transformers when I was a kid, so i'm actually kind of excited about this. And I really HOPE some lame upcoming Hollywood director screws this one up.
Are you certain? I can't see Optimus Prime killing a human for any reason.... :xp:

Anyways, *puts on Touch by Stan Bush*

Astrotoy7
05-14-2005, 06:47 AM
great... its been proven repeatedly now: movie based on cartoon/comic/video games suck more often than not :)

after Ep3, im sticking to independent and arthouse cinema, where the true film-makers are :)

man, if only David Lynch got off his can and made another movie

burn. hollywood. burn

:p

mtfbwya

Hermie
05-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
great... its been proven repeatedly now: movie based on cartoon/comic/video games suck more often than not :)
I know, it's almost amazing how they can take a brilliant concept and turn it into mass produced pieces of dung...

Brilliant teaser though. :D

Darth Groovy
05-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BawBag™
Are you certain? I can't see Optimus Prime killing a human for any reason.... :xp:

Anyways, *puts on Touch by Stan Bush*

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&id=1808512169&cf=prev

I dunno, but you do notice that Optimus does not fire until the hillbilly used car salesman draws his six shooter and fires, does Optimus turn around and fire his shoulder rockets. Brilliant concept.

This movie COULD be like Godzilla, where they had some of the most Brilliant Teasers I ever saw, yet the movie was ****e, sly of a few good CGI sequences that wear off very early in the mix. Hopefully they do this some justice. The film industry could use a new set of heroes, lets hope they do this some justice, and it does not come off as another AVP, or Godzilla farce.

*crosses fingers*

IG-64
05-14-2005, 04:26 PM
I hope they get the transformation mechanics down right. Because I hate it in the cartoons (the new ones at least) where they transform really fast so you can't see whats going on.

Mike Windu
05-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Am I the only guy that has never watched a classic Transformers cartoon? :p

Redwing
05-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Nope. Neither have I XD

Godzilla (the... well, you know which one) wasn't that bad of a movie, eye-candy wise, which is the only reason I saw it anyway. So... ;)

jokemaster
05-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
Nope. Neither have I XD

Godzilla (the... well, you know which one) wasn't that bad of a movie, eye-candy wise, which is the only reason I saw it anyway. So... ;)

I gotta say one thing. Everyone who expected more of the US Godzilla movie than eyecandy and destruction doesn't know the series.


And I ALSO haven't watched any of the transformers cartoons.


And Astro, do Godzilla movies and Cantinflas movies count as international films?

Darth Groovy
05-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
Am I the only guy that has never watched a classic Transformers cartoon? :p

No it's cool, it was way before your time.

The original concept of the Transformers was a US version of popular Japenese toys that you could physically transform from vehicles and machinerary to gun toting robots. It was THEE toy in the 80's!

Marvel comics added alot of character and backround developemant to the Transformers.

Basically to make it as short as possible: Cybertron was a planet of sentient robots on the brink of self destruction, the only way for the robots to survive was to develope the ability to "Transform" as to replicate human machinery and not be noticed. From Cybertron two rival tribes existed, The Decepticons want to control everything and rule through brute force, while the Autobots simply seek to co-exist and protect Earth from the evil intentions of the Decepticons.

Mostly the cartoon was a toy marketing Tie in...but kids like me watched it faithfully.

Marvel comics, really did it justice, and added extensive character developement and motive to each popular transformer.

The series HAS lasted the years, by changing to suit the young, as "Transformers" due so to adapt, it all makes sense.

I see where IG-64 is coming from, in the cartoon...they "transform" so fast, you don't really see how it comes to be. In this here movie trailer, it makes alot more sense. Part of the believibilty is seeing how a Earth based vehicle could "possibly" turn into a sentient robot. I think the trailer here did a pretty damn good job.

Let's just hope this is not another AVP and they give some life to these now legendary robots.

acdcfanbill
05-15-2005, 01:56 AM
transformers are awesome, i've been waiting with reserved elation for the new movie.

Mike Windu
05-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Haha... I watched the Beast Wars incarnation of Transformers... main idea still present :p

Beast Wars rocked...

KBell
05-15-2005, 01:58 AM
transformers ruled :D

Then they did those Primal transoformers......that was kinda lame.

Astrotoy7
05-15-2005, 06:00 AM
I am old enough to have live through the Tranformers craze... I despised the goody-goody autobots, but loved the Evil Decepticons.... :)

I had Megatron who turned into a gun(yeah, toys werent as PC back then), and Soundwave, who turned into a boom box... he has a litlle dude in him called ratchet that turned into a tape ! awesome!...

so if this movie is crap, I will join all the over 20s that will be whinin how it has ruined another good thing about their childhood :D

mtfbwya

CapNColostomy
05-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I am old enough to have live through the Tranformers craze... I despised the goody-goody autobots, but loved the Evil Decepticons.... :)

I had Megatron who turned into a gun(yeah, toys werent as PC back then), and Soundwave, who turned into a boom box... he has a litlle dude in him called ratchet that turned into a tape ! awesome!...

so if this movie is crap, I will join all the over 20s that will be whinin how it has ruined another good thing about their childhood :D

mtfbwya

Nonsense. Ratchet was the Autobot medic/mechanic/ambulance. Anyways, I say this trialer looks like ****. Thanks crapulent movie makers, for taking something I liked alot when I was a kid, and turning it into a steaming hunk of ****. Is this in any way related to the PT?

Astrotoy7
05-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Nonsense. Ratchet was the Autobot medic/mechanic/ambulance ?

yeah, thats right... astro = early stage alzheimers :(

there were at least two different tapes you could get for soundwave, one was the leopard like one that I had, but the other was the bird like one, called rumble :)

Darth Groovy
05-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Nonsense. Ratchet was the Autobot medic/mechanic/ambulance. Anyways, I say this trialer looks like ****. Thanks crapulent movie makers, for taking something I liked alot when I was a kid, and turning it into a steaming hunk of ****. Is this in any way related to the PT?

I don't get it, what is so bad about it?

Who knows if this scene is even IN the movie. I remember a certain trailer for Godzilla where kids are on a field trip in a museum, and they are gathered around the bones of a T-rex. The tour guide is telling them all about the T-rex when suddenly a GIANT Godzilla foot crashes through the skylight. This is probably one of those CG renders designed to get people excited about the film, or sell to a distributor. Either case...what is so bad about it? How would you have done it better?

lukeiamyourdad
05-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
yeah, thats right... astro = early stage alzheimers :(

there were at least two different tapes you could get for soundwave, one was the leopard like one that I had, but the other was the bird like one, called rumble :)

Your Transformers knowledge makes me cry.

Rumble was the purple guy who could make crevices, the wolf like one(or was it a black panther, never got him) was Ravage and the bird was called Laserbeak.


I'm not sure I like the teaser. That truck doesn't look like the Optimus I love...

Neverhoodian
05-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Great vid, Grooves! :D

I was born a little too late to get into the Transformers craze. I'm more familiar with the Beast Wars version from the mid '90s. A friend of mine is a huge Beast Wars fan, and we always have to watch a few episodes whenever I come over. They're corny at times, but it's entertaining stuff.

By the way, I don't know if this was the case in Transformers, but in Beast Wars it seems like the characters talk too much during a battle, particularly when they're about to blast someone. If I was cornered by Megatron and he started blabbing away, I would capitalize on it, not just stand there waiting for him to shoot.

"Prepare to meet your doom, Optim-URRRRRRRRRGH!

Hey! I wasn't done talking!" :p