PDA

View Full Version : post count question


RevanA4
07-08-2005, 02:24 PM
will our post counts go back to what the were pulse what evey we do before that cuz i was over 800

stingerhs
07-08-2005, 03:35 PM
unfortunately, you now know what a time shift is like. you're just going to have to post, then post some more (without spamming) to get your count back up. ;)

ChAiNz.2da
07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=584

Also, be sure to read the above announcement. They're working on getting them back. So we might as well enjoy the fact the forums are back up until then...

Besides, I don't come here for post counts ;)

Smilodon
07-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Ah k thx for clearing up, I was really wondering what happened to all the threads here...

Prime
07-08-2005, 04:03 PM
There is a good chance that your post count won't recover to what it was. But who cares? :)

Renegade Angel
07-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Prime
There is a good chance that your post count won't recover to what it was. But who cares? :)

Yeah, I'm sure those of you with like 8000 posts won't care, but I really wanted a custom rank:(

RevanA4
07-08-2005, 06:34 PM
yeah me too last i saw I had 825 posts

Renegade Angel
07-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Woah, I have my old sig back...:confused:
NOO!!!! MY AVATAR!

RevanA4
07-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Chains
Woah, I have my old sig back...:confused:
NOO!!!! MY AVATAR!


you fur got you old name to this when back a month not 2 weeks

stoffe
07-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Chains
Yeah, I'm sure those of you with like 8000 posts won't care, but I really wanted a custom rank:(

Ah, rewarding quantity over quality... :)

What's a custom rank, and how many posts would you need to earn one of those?

Not that my post count concerns me that much. More the other way around, indicating I'm posting too much. Seems like I had made 85 posts since the rollback if the counter is correct, sounds like an awful lot.

RevanA4
07-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-
Ah, rewarding quantity over quality... :)

What's a custom rank, and how many posts would you need to earn one of those?

Not that my post count concerns me that much. More the other way around, indicating I'm posting too much. Seems like I had made 85 posts since the rollback if the counter is correct, sounds like an awful lot.

1000 posts

and i lost just unde 300 posts:mad:

T7nowhere
07-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Don't worry about post counts or us moderators may just start thinking your posting only to boost that number. :p

Hopefully the lost threads will be restored and if they are most likely so to will your post count :rolleyes:, I really hope those threads are restored, alot of valuable threads that were posted in the last 30 days have been lost in Holowan :cry8: :devscare:

Darth333
07-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-
Not that my post count concerns me that much. More the other way around, indicating I'm posting too much. Seems like I had made 85 posts since the rollback if the counter is correct, sounds like an awful lot. oh no, you are not posting too much ;) You are giving us a great hand!

In fact it seems that threads/posts made since June 11th went somewhere else (I hope it's not just nowhere :( )

Mlyke
07-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Just a small question but. is my name going to change back? or something..:p

Darth333
07-08-2005, 08:02 PM
and what was your name?

Seriously, I don't knwo but I'd wait a little before asking a name change to the admins. They must be overwhelmed right now.

Mlyke
07-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Athlen was my name.

Im not asking for a name change just asking if itll revert back or something..probably not

stingerhs
07-08-2005, 08:31 PM
well, if you read up in the Forum Help Center, apparently the servers that LF was using suffered some serious crashes to the point that some components may be fried. :eek:

anyways, they're working on recovering as much of the data as they can from the, umm, recently deceased hard disks. as Prime stated earlier, it's not looking promising...

RevanA4
07-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
well, if you read up in the Forum Help Center, apparently the servers that LF was using suffered some serious crashes to the point that some components may be fried. :eek:

anyways, they're working on recovering as much of the data as they can from the, umm, recently deceased hard disks. as Prime stated earlier, it's not looking promising...

:hit4: :hit4: :hit4: :hit4: :hit4: :hit4: :hit4: :hit4: hopefully that will learn them to back up there stuff a high density 7 tape drive would to nicely

*I just beat some since into them*:dev6:

Darth333
07-08-2005, 10:32 PM
well...if you read Aristotle's post in this thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149365) the backup drive fried too...

Bob Lion54
07-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Just be glad you didnt fall all the way down to 2 like tk102. hehehe....

Looks like he's stuck again.

Derc
07-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Well, at least I got my old avatar back. Good times. :)

RevanA4
07-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
well...if you read Aristotle's post in this thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149365) the backup drive fried too...

you noticed i gave an alterative thats how we back up 500GB of data every week

RevanA4
07-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
umm, excuse me, but a tape drive??? *shudders*

i guess that would work, but wouldn't a hard drive do just as well??

one DLT tape can hold 50 gb or more of data and they last 30 years accourding to a book besides a hard drive can fail

stingerhs
07-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by jedigoku
hopefully that will learn them to back up there stuff a high density 7 tape drive would to nicely umm, excuse me, but a tape drive??? *shudders*

i guess that would work, but wouldn't a hard drive do just as well??

RedHawke
07-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
oh no, you are not posting too much ;) You are giving us a great hand!
I agree with this stoffe! :D
Originally posted by Darth333
In fact it seems that threads/posts made since June 11th went somewhere else (I hope it's not just nowhere :( )
Actually Darth333 if the lost posts went nowhere isn't that T7's department? :lol:

I know... not funny! :D

REDJOHNNYMIKE
07-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Sooo, I'm just curious, how many Mod and Super Mods had their post counts drop to about 5, because that would be pure comedy, imagine a newbie coming in and wondering why he's getting banned by some guy who's there less thatn he is:D

And Darth333, I noticed that you are once again the Forum Tyrant...*runs away and cowers in the corner of the forum*;)

tk102
07-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Lion54
Just be glad you didnt fall all the way down to 2 like tk102. hehehe....

Looks like he's stuck again. Whoa! I'm not a moderator anymore? What the heck is going on?

Emperor Devon
07-09-2005, 01:55 AM
What the - my custom rank, avatar and new sig are gone! I thought the problem with Lucasforums had been fixed long ago.

Now, why is it the moderators haven't lost any of that? :p

RevanA4
07-09-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Whoa! I'm not a moderator anymore? What the heck is going on?

err um yeah what is goning on yuz been a moderator for as long as i can remember

I want my 300 posts back:ball: :crybaby: :cry6: :cry8:

Renegade Angel
07-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Whoa! I'm not a moderator anymore? What the heck is going on?

Nice try.

RevanA4
07-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Chains
Nice try.

what do you mean he has always been a moderator well for 2 years or so at least

Emperor Devon
07-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Whoa! I'm not a moderator anymore? What the heck is going on?

You decided not to be a moderator months ago. :p

Originally posted by tk102
I want my 300 posts back

It is slightly annoying, but did you come here for a high post count? ;)

REDJOHNNYMIKE
07-09-2005, 03:22 PM
I only like the post counts, because they are simply interesting to have (and provide the hope of having another small place to say something stupid)
But I don't understand why there's always someone asking someone else if they come here for the high post count:confused: are they worth something somewhere:D
The whole thing seems a bit futile, if your post count doesn't actually influence moderator elections (or whatever they do to to pick em) and that's what you're hoping for, I'm sure they will assimilate you when they find you have useable and relevent knowledge, that is actually worth the effort of instating you:D

Emperor Devon
07-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by REDJOHNNYMIKE
[B] are they worth something somewhere

Nope. They're just numbers.

REDJOHNNYMIKE
07-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Then aside from custom names, and Nickname BLING, they are futile and must be destroyed:deathstar

stingerhs
07-09-2005, 09:45 PM
ya, most forums i go to just use ranking systems, with the regular users with tons of posts having custom ranks. and no post counts are displayed publicly. that info may be available to mods, admins, and the individual user, but not to the general public.

personally, i would like us to use a system like that: it makes everyone a bit more equal.

RedHawke
07-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
personally, i would like us to use a system like that: it makes everyone a bit more equal.
Agreed! It also keeps the children who equate post count to their worth in life from clogging up useful threads with SPAM posts just to regain lost post counts.

Case in-point... the Holowan Requests Thread #5 in it several posters are now using it like a chatroom.

FiEND_138
07-10-2005, 04:37 AM
Wow. I did not realize a few numbers below your handle were so important to some people. It's not like any real meaningful conversations were lost (with the exception of HL), or that you gain any more "rep" with high numbers. & I'm absolutely positive those who are crying about it the hardest will post & double post as often as possible to get their important numbers back, so whats the problem?

Agrees with the above that stuff should just be hidden.

RC-1162
07-11-2005, 05:43 AM
if you ever had a battle, youll know that the post count is equivalent to the cash you have there. eg.: 4000 posts= 4000 gil cash.

I WANT MY NAME TO BE CHANGED BACK!!!
:swear: :swear: :swear: = To the disk that got fried. = :swear: :swear: :swear:

Prime
07-11-2005, 09:28 AM
You guys should note that in many sections of Lucasforums complaining about post counts and spamming to increase it has resulted in counts being reduced or set to 0. ;)

RevanA4
07-13-2005, 03:31 PM
can a mod close this thread my question got answered and all people are doing is spaming

RevanA4
07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
ok I really don't care about my post count anymore but there where pm's that had information in them that i need :( I don't know if boba rett actually considered the pm I sent him but If he did i should help their efforts greatly:)