PDA

View Full Version : ET's new hotness

ET Warrior
07-09-2005, 01:27 PM
So I gots myself a nice job this summer, that pays pretty well, and with my first paycheck I decided to spoil myself, so I spent a bit of it on this :D

Mex
07-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Ooh, nice!

Now that I think about it, I need a job. Been wanting to get one for weeks but my friend keeps on "forgetting" to get an application form. :indif:

Hermie
07-09-2005, 02:03 PM
LOLOMG ZEN SUCKS IT ONLY COPY IPOD CUS IPOD RULE AND ZEN SUCK

Acrylic
07-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Maybe you should have bought a new camera instead? :p

Nice mp3 player though. I heard good things about it.

ET Warrior
07-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Quiet you Acrylic, my 10 dollar camera is amazing with high quality and such..
<_<

>_>

Anywho, this little machine rocks my face.

:eek: Did LF turn into myspace while the server was down? :indif:

^_^

TK-8252
07-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Cool more geek stuff!

Father Torque
07-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Thats pretty sweet ET, how many songs can it hold. GB's?

Ya, I got me a small job too helping out my soccer trainer. I make like 12.50 an hour and I dont really do anything, so its cool.

With my earnings I decided to buy a little somethin-somethin, you know, something to pass the time.

Here It Is! (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/p76166de098e8cb2bc6d4f139b9b5880c/f3567be8.jpg)

Mex
07-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Father Torque

Ya, I got me a small job too helping out my soccer trainer. I make like 12.50 an hour and I dont really do anything, so its cool.

With my earnings I decided to buy a little somethin-somethin, you know, something to pass the time.

Here It Is! (http://www.earthstation9.com/ Pictures/Space_Needle.jpg)

Holy crap, it's a Not Found
The requested URL / Pictures/Space_Needle.jpg was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.earthstation9.com Port 80

Father Torque
07-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Pal™
Holy crap, it's a Not Found

Ok, its found...

Ya, for post kinda ruined the suprise, but its cool ;) .

You can see the image now but its small :(

TiE23
07-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Yay! Go Creative! :D

*Hugs Zen Micro*

TiE

Mike Windu
07-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Cool more geek stuff!

Personally, I think an MP3 player is less geeky than SW action figures, but I could be wrong. ;)

Nice ET, how much did it cost?

TK-8252
07-09-2005, 09:10 PM
It's technogeek. :)

And you shouldn't talk Mr. 15-Year-Old-Who-Likes-Pooh-SpongeBob-Ninja-Turtle-Stuff.

shukrallah
07-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I got a job too, I was saving up for a car. Things got a little complicated cause 2 weeks later I got laid off. :( I just wrote a resume and applied for a new job today :D

Father Torque
07-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Yeah, I got a job too, I was saving up for a car. Things got a little complicated cause 2 weeks later I got laid off. :( I just wrote a resume and applied for a new job today :D

I hope you dont get HIRED!!!! :mad:

:p , just kidding, (haha i didnt write jk). Good luck with that luke, what kinda work are you doing?

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 03:07 AM
it's the 20 GB model. :cool:

Originally posted by Mike Windu
Nice ET, how much did it cost?

250 dollars, give or take Shipping and handling and whatnot.

Astrotoy7
07-10-2005, 09:01 AM
first paycheck .... cool :) You have now earnt the right to tell snotty kids/freeloaders that they'll only learn the value of money by gettin off their ipods and xboxes and gettin a freakin job... [/crazy old man rant] :p

I still cant understand why mp3 players cost so much..... for the same price you can get a pocket pc/psp which are far more useful and can also be used to play music... of course, if you are a guru with a huge music collection then it may be helpful to have 20gb.... depends on ones needs I guess...

*acquires 2gb memstick duo for psp from shady sources*

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 01:22 PM
A pocket PC would've been a total waste for me. What with my desktop, my laptop, the computer labs on campus, and the computers at work, I'm never really out of reach of a computer. I just really wanted to be able to have ALL my music with me, as opposed to having only a few hours of it.

I am so in love with this little box.

Mike Windu
07-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
It's technogeek. :)

And you shouldn't talk Mr. 15-Year-Old-Who-Likes-Pooh-SpongeBob-Ninja-Turtle-Stuff.

Hey, that stuff is kiddy, not geeky. Except Ninja Turtles, it might not be so much kiddy. Started off as a mature comic book you know :)

Spongebob: Targeted to younger viewers, but with enough humor for older ones. You should know, you watch it. ;)

Pooh: yeah, it's for little kids, but I like cute things. And pooh is hardly geeky.

Your argument = failure. :p

Good day good sir.

ON TOPIC: I'm just biding my time, then I'll probably get an Ipod shuffle cause... the others are freakin expensive and I'm just a poor little asian. :p

Acrylic
07-10-2005, 02:04 PM
The only thing that bothers me about it, is that it looks bigger than an iPod...

Is it?

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Dimensions:

Ipod: 4.1" x 2.4" x 0.63"

Zen Touch: 4.12" x 2.7" x 0.866"

So, it is 0.02 inches taller, 0.3 inches wider, and 0.236 inches thicker.

In centimeters that's 0.0548, 0.822, and 0.64664.

Deffinately worth the 50 bucks less I paid for it.

Vikinor
07-10-2005, 03:07 PM
ET, that sounds cool, but you don't need that to be hot.........er wait yes you do. You better go get another for DOUBLE HAWTNESS!!!:p

Sam Fisher
07-10-2005, 04:20 PM
That is a "new hotness" ;)

I've got a nice MP3 player, simple Rio Chiba.

It works good, and I can get more storage if I want it ;D

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
ET, that sounds cool, but you don't need that to be hot..

Of course I don't, I didn't refer to it as my hotness, like SamFisher said, it's my "NEW" hotness.

jebbers
07-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Herminator

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/jebadiah/fan_boy.jpg
but without the console part

Lorden Darkblade
07-10-2005, 07:45 PM
^^^^^^
Agreed :p :p :p

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jebbers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/jebadiah/fan_boy.jpg
but without the console part

I have a better, more fun fact.

That picture sucks, it's getting old, and I will kill you if you post it again.

Vikinor
07-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm in the mood for some death. POST IT AGAIN!

Jed
07-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Sweet, ET. :D

I've been thinking about getting one of those fandangled things myself...

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 09:57 PM
I totally give it my stamp of approval. I am 100% satisfied with my purhcase

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior

It's a damn fine mp3 player. Mine has yet to let me down.

TiE23
07-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
ON TOPIC: I'm just biding my time, then I'll probably get an Ipod shuffle cause... the others are freakin expensive and I'm just a poor little asian. :p Stick with the Creative groove, get the Nano, dude!
Clicky 1 (http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=12720) Clicky 2 (http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?page_id=161&form_keyword=creative+nano&rd=1)

Don't hurt me! >_>
*Phears backlash*

TiE

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 11:42 PM
iPod shuffle is the best flash player on the market. Anyone that says otherwise knows jack**** about anything and should be stabbed in the genitals.

Father Torque
07-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
iPod shuffle is the best flash player on the market. Anyone that says otherwise knows jack**** about anything and should be stabbed in the genitals.

Thats a professional review :p

Now that I have checked out this "hawtness: I might actually save up, looks cool. Plus my bro is going to college and he is taking the iPod with him.

Can you get it at any old computer/software store like CompUSA, Best Buy?

Acrylic
07-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith

It doesn't have a screen. I like MP3 players with screens :)

*awaits to be stabbed*

TiE23
07-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
It doesn't have a screen. I like MP3 players with screens :)

*awaits to be stabbed* I agree with you...... but I like stabbings....
*Stab*

:indif:

EDIT:
http://rik.typepad.com/blog/iStab.jpg
EDIT #2: I didn't make this ^^ :p

TiE

Astrotoy7
07-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior

heh...let me give you another tidbit of hard life lessons.... when you start living with a woman(this is when your relationship hits 'long term' status), if she takes a fancy to something you have, it HERS...I havent seen my GBA SP or my mp3 player for MONTHS, nay YEARS !!! Thats half the freakin reason I bought the pocket pc because it is a substitute for both and has password protection !!!! (plus, work payed for it :p)

hold onto it while you can !!

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
07-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by TiE 23
http://rik.typepad.com/blog/iStab.jpg

Good to know it's there for defence......does it also incorporate degate?

Or perhaps you were thinking defense? Just a thought.

Yes, I'm aware that you can technically spell it defence and not be wrong, but only if you're British.

shukrallah
07-11-2005, 10:52 AM
I hope you dont get HIRED!!!! :mad:

:p , just kidding, (haha i didnt write jk). Good luck with that luke, what kinda work are you doing?

I was working in a warehouse, now I hope to be working in a fast food restraunt.

I think I may invest my money in that iStab... looks interesting. I wonder if it can store music... you know.. so I can stab and listen at the same time.

swphreak
07-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Nice ET. I spent some of my first paycheck buying DVDs and stuff.

Creative > Ipod

Alegis
07-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Aye my Ipod let me down. Makes weird noises when I start it up and slowed down a lot. Both of are expensive playtoys anyways

Should have gone for the I Stab!

jebbers
07-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
I'm in the mood for some death. POST IT AGAIN!

that would be trolling and trolling=bad:mad:

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
I was working in a warehouse, now I hope to be working in a fast food restraunt.

you hope to be there? most people try to avoid working in them but to each their own....

toms
07-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Bah! From the title i thought ET had a cute new girlfriend... or at the very least had gotten buffed up at the gym...

*leaves disappointed*

shukrallah
07-12-2005, 10:29 AM
you hope to be there? most people try to avoid working in them but to each their own....

When you need a job, you need a job. :-\

jebbers
07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
true which is why i became a union roofer...making 11.75 an hour as an apprentice and as a journeyman ill make 22.50 an hour and i will be able to buy lots of hawtness...

only down side is that you work in the blazing hot sun, like today, it was 97 degrees fahrenheit and i over heated and almost puked all over and almost passed out... :(

El Sitherino
07-12-2005, 07:27 PM
only down side is that you work in the blazing hot sun, like today, it was 97 degrees fahrenheit and i over heated and almost puked all over and almost passed out... :( Heh, I remember those days.

Acrylic
07-12-2005, 07:36 PM
only down side is that you work in the blazing hot sun, like today, it was 97 degrees fahrenheit and i over heated and almost puked all over and almost passed out... :(

wearing a hat, taking breaks, and drinking bevarages that keep you hydrated are a good idea. :)

(Unless you already do those, in which case, ignore this post :p)

jebbers
07-12-2005, 07:39 PM
yes water and gatorade are your friends on teh hot roof. And I'm cutting my hair, hopefully into a mohawk. There is a sight to see, an Indian with a mohawk.:p

shukrallah
07-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow... sounds great, but I don't think I will have time for a job like that when I go back to school. It would be a good job though.