PDA

View Full Version : It has happened...

Lady Jedi
07-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I have become a Moderator! So cool. :D

I just want to say thanks to Aristotle for offering it to me, as well as thanks to whoever it was that recommeded me for it. So thanks a lot guys! :)

And the rest of you better watch your backs! Mwahahahaha......:D

So thanks again, guys.

errr, is this considered spam? :(

Vikinor
07-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Congrats. Let's have a party. :D

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Well Congratulations are in order, what section o' LucasForums be ye moderatin?

Samuel Dravis
07-10-2005, 02:21 PM
:sbdance

Congrats, though I guess it's the end of my spamfestival. Dang! :D

Originally posted by Lady Jedi
errr, is this considered spam? :( If ET did it, it's probably ok. :p

Mex
07-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Congratulations at becoming a mod! You deserved it. :)

Joetheeskimo
07-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Oi! I ddin't see this comin'! :eek:

Congwats. :D

Lorden Darkblade
07-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Congratz! :D :D :D

Acrylic
07-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Congrats!

What part of Lucasforums are you moderating?!!

IG-64
07-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Congrats! I wouldn't wanna be a moderator. Don't wanna turn fun into work. ;)

Sam Fisher
07-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Congratulations LJ :D

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
If ET did it, it's probably ok. :p

Pshah, somebody ELSE made my moderator new-ness thread thankyouverymuch :p

Though since I didn't lock it, I must not have a problem with it ;)

Lady Jedi
07-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
:sbdance

Congrats, though I guess it's the end of my spamfestival. Dang! :D
That's right, boy! Plus you've experienced my awesome modness elsewhere. :D

Though since I didn't lock it, I must not have a problem with it ;)
Whew! That was close. :D

Thanks, everyone for your congrats. And in answer to your question: I was told that I'm not mod over any specific forum; that it's for all of LF. *shrugs*

BTW, Sam Fisher, your personal text is great. :p

Jed
07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
whut

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Que?

Sith confuzzled.

GothiX
07-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
Congrats! I wouldn't wanna be a moderator. Don't wanna turn fun into work. ;)

None of our mods are actually working anyway. :p

BongoBob
07-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Congrats :)

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by GothiX
None of our mods are actually working anyway. :p Because we all have JOBS!

wait... I have no idea.

and now for something completely different. v Best. gif. ever.

ET Warrior
07-10-2005, 05:49 PM

Well hey now, you have no idea how hard I work to keep you all happy here. You may not realize it, but it is only through my CONSTANT effort and input that this place hasn't degenerated into a hive of scum and villainy...

Oh who am I kidding, I don't do crap XD

BongoBob
07-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Please don't tell me this is the first time you've realized that ET :p

Black Knight of Keno
07-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Well hey now, you have no idea how hard I work to keep you all happy here. You realize it, but it is only through my CONSTANT effort and input that this place has generated into a hive of scum and villainy...

Oh who am I kidding, I do do crap XD

What? WHO exactly are you again?

:D

jebbers
07-10-2005, 06:08 PM
congratulations on becoming a mod...but you have more 'power' than Jed?!?:confused:

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by jebbers
congratulations on becoming a mod...but you have more 'power' than Jed?!?:confused:

Jed's an admin.

Mike Windu
07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey, congrats! :D

Guess this means you can't lurk anymore :p

*bides his time till moderatorship*

Lady Jedi
07-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jebbers

Thanks, and honestly, I'm not sure what the deal is just yet. I've PMed an admin and asked for some specifics so we'll see. :)

Mike Windu, I can lurk all I want. It's just now it'll be more fun 'cuz I can bust you guys when you don't know I'm watching. :p

BTW, how long has Jed been an admin?

And while we're all confuzzled, here (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/ladyjedi12/Horses/samandkitty.jpg) is a picture of a kitty on my horse. :D

TK-8252
07-10-2005, 06:45 PM
What? A Mod S-Mod Mod with only 300 posts?

BLASPHEMY

Jed
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I'm an admin.

There was no celebratory thread, and don't think I didn't notice.

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
*bides his time till moderatorship*

Not going anywhere for a while?
http://www.boomspeed.com/insanesith/snickers.gif

here (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/ladyjedi12/Horses/samandkitty.jpg) is a picture of a kitty on my horse. :D
The horse ate the kitty afterwards didn't it?

Mike Windu
07-10-2005, 06:50 PM
haha woooo that was a good one.

Keep em comin.:rolleyes:

jebbers
07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
oo snickers....and a horsey with a orange fuzzy lump on its back!

i didnt notice that Jed became an Admin...

Sam Fisher
07-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Everyone knew that Jed was an admin....;)

ZBomber
07-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Jed has ALWAYS been an admin, he doesn't need no "Status: Admin" under his avatar. :p

Vikinor
07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Just to make Jed happy.

Last time I saw you, you were a "Super Moderator" now you are an "Administrator" Congratulations Mr. Jed. :D

Rogue Nine
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Whoa, some of our admins have been hitting the bottle a little hard, as it were, promoting people left and right. Oh well, they could've picked worse people. LadyJ is a good and level-headed forummite and she should do well as one of us. Her rise to power is an abrupt one, but hey.

Jed, on the other hand... :p

Sam Fisher
07-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
Jed, on the other hand... :p

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/1497/banhim3dl.jpg

Heh.

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Super mod? wtf mate?

Lady Jedi
07-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Pal™
Congratulations at becoming a mod! You deserved it. :)
Really? Ah, thanks anyhow. :)
Whoa, some of our admins have been hitting the bottle a little hard, as it were, promoting people left and right. Oh well, they could've picked worse people. LadyJ is a good and level-headed forummite and she should do well as one of us. Her rise to power is an abrupt one, but hey.
I've been here for more than three years. So let this be an example: You don't have to have a huge post count to be a mod; you just have to be a girl if you want in early. :p

And Sithy, I'm not sure what just happened. The admin was fixing my settings, cuz nothing was showing up right; all of a sudden it says 'super'. WTF indeed, man. :confused:

Aristotle
07-10-2005, 11:08 PM
This was my call. If anyone has a particular issue with my decision, feel free to voice it directly to me.

I try to make sure we have a balance around here and that includes having women involved in adminstrative positions.

We'll be adding some additional mods as we move towards the launch of vb 3.0, and Lady happened to be one of the first new ones picked.

Anyone on here who contributes continually in a positive way is certainly a candidate for promotion in our community.

In fact if members want to nominate particular individuals they feel would make positive mods, please feel free to do so in a seperate post.

If anyone has a particular issue with any given mod I suggest you feel free to PM me with your concerns.

I would hope folks would congratulate Lady Jedi, not make her feel awkward based on a community promotion.

-Ari

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Didn't mean to make her feel awkward, it's just we know pretty much nothing about her. She's a lurker after all.

Aristotle
07-10-2005, 11:22 PM
To make sure we're fair about the "mod" promotions, we'll start Lady Jedi as a mod, rather than a super mod. I originally switched her to that since it appeared her mod rank was not properly working regarding post privs ... but those appear to have resolved.

Again, if folks feel strongly about nominating someone for a mod position, please feel free to.

-Ari

El Sitherino
07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
K.

Lady Jedi, if you need any help on anything. I'll be glad to show you the ropes. I'm sure ET would be glad to as well. We all just want everyone to be cohesive and work well as a team. So far we (mods of all kinds) all seem to get along.

Acrylic
07-10-2005, 11:43 PM
This seems like one of those moments where all the mods like, have a big group hug.

Or something...? o_0

Darth333
07-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Congrats for the promotion! Glad to see another girl!

...and have fun with your new force powers :D

Vikinor
07-11-2005, 12:04 AM
No. Moderators are high holy figures. They are beyond physical hugs. :D

El Sitherino
07-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, we're all having a wild party over the internet with touchy feely goin on.

ET Warrior
07-11-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm sure ET would be glad to as well.
Pffff, like I'd ever help another human being.

I keeed, I'm more than happy to lend a hand. Ifyouwanna add me to your AIM or MSN or whatever, that'd make it more easy for me to answer any questions you might gots.

MSN : et_warrior03@hotmail.com
AIM : et warrior03

Jed
07-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey, guys, I would not love a PM inbox full of "moderator recommendations", and I think I speak for others who would not enjoy this either.

Please, redirect any "recommendations" to the JK.net Feedback Forum.

kthxbai

matt--
07-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Jed
Hey, guys, I would not love a PM inbox full of "moderator recommendations", and I think I speak for others who would not enjoy this either.

Please, redirect any "recommendations" to the JK.net Feedback Forum.

kthxbai
I second that redirection. PM me a recommendation and I might just temp ban you. Just kidding. But seriously, I will.

El Sitherino
07-11-2005, 12:42 AM
It's times like this when I find myself attracted to matt...

CapNColostomy
07-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Congrats. Hope you like it.

Father Torque
07-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
It's times like this when I find myself attracted to matt...

Happens to the best of us Insane :(

Black Knight of Keno
07-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Aristotle
If anyone has a particular issue with any given mod I suggest you feel free to PM me with your concerns.

As I will not waste PM space, there are a few unmentioned mods... *cought*IS,Astro,ET,Redwing*cought*

I keed, I keed! :D

*Goes back to haunt admins for a mod-position*

Anthony
07-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Grats!

Astrotoy7
07-11-2005, 07:25 AM
hey, thats great news lady jedi :D

since lexxy hasnt been around, I have always been advocating we make things a bit more female friendly. eg. getting rid of the 'hot women pics' thread.... but poor Astro just gets told to bugger off... Im glad the (aptly named) Aristotle had the wisdom to action something to dispel the increasing boys club mentality that is affecting various areas.

Hopefully the presence of an identifiably female mod will make this place more female friendly :D

hey, congrats also to Jed !! ah, how I would love to be an admin, and crush uncool supermods with a wave of my mighty hand! but alas, Astro has far too many detractors for anything like that to *ever* happen (probably a good thing too!)

w00tage Lady Jedi and Jed !!

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
07-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Im glad the (aptly named) Aristotle had the wisdom to action something to dispel the increasing boys club mentality that is affecting various areas.

.....I hate to be the one to say this, as I'm quite embarassed...but you seem to have something on your nose Astro....

:xp:

El Sitherino
07-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Im glad the (aptly named) Aristotle had the wisdom to action something to dispel the increasing boys club mentality that is affecting various areas.

Hopefully the presence of an identifiably female mod will make this place more female friendly :D

Seems to me the only non-female friendly-ness is in your mind. I fail to see any boys club crap at all. If there is a lack of femininity it's not our fault but that of the female members not being vocal enough.

Jo
07-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Congradulations on your Moderator appointment. I think what this does prove is that quality of posts not quantity is what makes a good moderator. Instead of having 3000 ones that are below par with quality, she has 300 high quality ones that contribute to the community. (i hope im right :p)

But as Uncle Ben said: "with great power comes great responsibility." Enjoy

Prime
07-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, we're all having a wild party over the internet with touchy feely goin on. * Spends hours in the shower * Still not clean!

Welcome to the tedium that is moderating at Lucasforums. :)

Rogue Nine
07-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Heh, just wait till you hit erectile dysfunction. :)

El Sitherino
07-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Jo
I think what this does prove is that quality of posts not quantity is what makes a good moderator. Instead of having 3000 ones that are below par with quality, she has 300 high quality ones that contribute to the community. (i hope im right :p)

No no no, all wrong. It's about ability to kick ass without the slighest amount of mercy.

Jo
07-11-2005, 09:54 AM
well, that too also is a plus to have.

Pad
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Congrats on your new position Lady friend. But you do know there are some other tasks you have to do besides modding, right? :p

And Jeddo, kuddos to you!

El Sitherino
07-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Pad
Congrats on your new position Lady friend. But you do know there are some other tasks you have to do besides modding, right? :p
:emodanc:

Didn't know we were gonna do that since she's a lady and all.

Hermie
07-11-2005, 10:48 AM
congratulations to Ladies Jed and Jedi. :)

Samuel Dravis
07-11-2005, 11:57 AM
It's just we know pretty much nothing about her. She's a lurker after all. I think she'll do quite well. She's had experience before at this type of thing. :)

Darth Groovy
07-11-2005, 12:46 PM

Being as the forums have been down for about 1/3 of the summer, how could you POSSIBLY know that?

Remember when YOU can't view the forums, WE can't view them either. :/

Congrats Lady Jedi, usually....moderators don't post they're own congrats threads, but things have been a bit chaotic in recent days.

Aristotle
07-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Being as the forums have been down for about 1/3 of the summer, how could you POSSIBLY know that?

Hopefully everyone has noticed the major improvement since the last upgrade.

Since the move we have been up 100% of the time with almost zero strains on the server... this with all functions enabled.

We believe the hardware issues are finally well behind us at this point.

ZBomber
07-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Actually, www.lucasforums.com doesn't work for me, by http://lucasforums.com does. Probably something on my computer, maybe I need to empty my cache.

BTW - Aristotle, you totally didn't respond to my PM!

.....Which was a joke, by the way..... :p

Lady Jedi
07-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Okay, everyone:

@Groovy: Yes, I know, but I didn't post my own B-day thread so I consider this okay. Plus, I used it to say thanks rather than just congratulate myself. :D

@Sith: You're right, I've been a lurker; it's fun, but I'll see about maybe laying off of that...or not. Do you need to know about me in order to be okay with this?

@Astro: Whatever. It's girls' fault for not being noticed here; and with guys like you around I can see why they're so quiet about it. :p

@Dravis: Thanks. :D

@Everyone else: If anyone has any problem with me or my rank shoot me a PM. Let's not bother Aristotle too much; he just happened to give me more credit than I deserve, and we can't fault him for that. :)

Aristotle
07-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Actually, www.lucasforums.com doesn't work for me, by http://lucasforums.com does. Probably something on my computer, maybe I need to empty my cache.

Hmm... is anyone else having that problem?

Sam Fisher
07-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Aristotle
Hmm... is anyone else having that problem?

I've used the http://lucasforums.com link when LF goes down on the regular link, and it seems to work fine.. *shrug*

No "problems" with it.

El Sitherino
07-11-2005, 04:46 PM
@Sith: You're right, I've been a lurker; it's fun, but I'll see about maybe laying off of that...or not. Do you need to know about me in order to be okay with this? Just helps the whole teamwork thing. Plus it helps me know what kind of person you are so I know what I can and cannot joke about.

Boba Rhett
07-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the family, Lady Jedi. :rhett:

*hands LJ an official moderator giftbasket*

Ask Sithy about what the trashbag full of oranges is used for. :)

swphreak
07-11-2005, 04:55 PM
*throws batarangs at Lady Jedi*

*glides away*

MADD>uB<
07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
She's a lurker after all.

And there's a problem with being a lurker?

Lady Jedi
07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Just helps the whole teamwork thing. Plus it helps me know what kind of person you are so I know what I can and cannot joke about.
Oy, this could take a while. Let's see here:
I like to read a lot, but not so much in the summer. I mainly work with horses and I like to be on the river. Music is crucial; ya know a bit of everything, except rap. Blegh.

Joke about what you want. I don't care. I tend to be rather acceptant of other people's views. To each their own right?

Hey, Rhett, glad to see you're back. :D

Anyways there we go. Anything else, PM me. Is this thread over now? It seems as if everyone's said their mind on the issue...

BTW, ETWarrior, thanks for the MSN suggestion, but you're not getting my e-mail that easily. :p

Black Knight of Keno
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
w00t! Rhett made an appearance! It's been a while...

Wait... Aristotle has posted here way too much in these last few days. We don't need another mod breathing on our neck! Boo! *Throws a rotten apple iPod at you*
[j/k]

Wow... This hasn't been locked OR stickied yet. Yay! :D

Anyways... What's with the whole legion of mods/S-mods/admins guarding the Swamp... Are we THAT dangerous...?
Oh, wait... Yes we are :D

Writer
07-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Congrats to ye, Lady Jedi. Use the power wisely;)

ET Warrior
07-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Lady Jedi BTW, ETWarrior, thanks for the MSN suggestion, but you're not getting my e-mail that easily.
O_o

*shrug* whatevah, just trying to help, plus it'd be nice for me and RP to be able to chat with you the way we do to discuss any kind o' crap that's going down.

CapNColostomy
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
You don't have to have a huge post count to be a mod; you just have to be a girl...

Don't think that this is a newsflash, or hasn't occurred to some of us.

Lady Jedi
07-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
O_o

*shrug* whatevah, just trying to help, plus it'd be nice for me and RP to be able to chat with you the way we do to discuss any kind o' crap that's going down.

*sighs* I know what you meant. I was joking. I'll lay off the sarcasm until I'm more known. ;)

Astrotoy7
07-12-2005, 10:07 AM
BTW, ETWarrior, thanks for the MSN suggestion, but you're not getting my e-mail that easily. :p

whats that on your face ET..... looks/smells like egg :(

LadyJedi, I am really looking forward to having you around.... good luck :)

mtfbwya

Prime
07-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Amazing that more women don't post here, huh?

El Sitherino
07-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Wow, amazing levels of sexual perversion are being picked up on the radar.

Astrotoy7
07-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Obviously Chase's state ordered chemical castration program isnt working... someone call ICE-T at SVU to give him a beat down :p

mtfbwya

El Sitherino
07-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Obviously Chase's state ordered chemical castration program isnt working... someone call ICE-T at SVU to give him a beat down :p
I'm sure he'd petition to get Mariska to take him down however. :p

Then again, I'd say I did something just to get her on me.

ET Warrior
07-12-2005, 06:57 PM
whats that on your face ET..... looks/smells like egg :(

Touché sir, touché.

coupes.
07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey, congrats LJ, always fun to have a new mod on the block ;)

Captain Wilson
07-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Congrats are in order...so congrats!

Hehe, sarcams in threads is funny, i demand more funny sarcasm form all mods, not super mods tho. There just scary

Astrotoy7
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Captain Wilson
... not super mods tho. There just scary

this is true.....there must be some boot camp that s-mods go through to make them turn out and hardened and crazy like they are :p

mtfbwya

acdcfanbill
07-14-2005, 11:34 PM
yarrrr, im late, but congrats.

Boba Rhett
07-14-2005, 11:44 PM
this is true.....there must be some boot camp that s-mods go through to make them turn out and hardened and crazy like they are :p

mtfbwya

A week in my closet. :)

El Sitherino
07-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

... So when exactly do I get smod since I stayed in there a month?

Black Knight of Keno
07-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

So you came out of the closet? :confused:

Sam Fisher
07-16-2005, 09:07 AM
*eye twitches*

Hasn't this thread been alive long enough!?!?

Astrotoy7
07-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
*eye twitches*

Hasn't this thread been alive long enough!?!?

they why'd you bump it sucka!!

back on topic ....yay Lady Jedi !! Did the admins make you sign a contract stating you have to come here at least twice a month? If you work hard tho, you may get inducted into the 'Swamp Mod Hall of Fame' like Darklighter.. which means your name stays up there even if you never want to come back here again :p

mtfbwya

Vikinor
07-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Who is Darklighter? :confused:

TK-8252
07-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
Who is Darklighter? :confused:

http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=50285

Astrotoy7
07-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
Whatever happened to Darklighter anyway? I must have missed something.

admins have applied the rarely used 'embalm' function to his profile :D

he lasted posted on 20th Jan this year, so it is great Lady Jedi has been made a mod here to fill that obvious void :)

mtfbwya

Jed
07-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Alright guys, it happened, let it go :p

Lady Jedi
07-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Jed
Alright guys, it happened, let it go :p
Ah, Jed. Such a hard @$$. Though I guess it was necessary; I tried to let it die on it's own, but these guys see a dying thread as "THIS SPACE FOR RENT, CONTINUE POINTLESS POSTING HERE.". :p