PDA

View Full Version : SWBF2, ask Pandemic what you want to know about it

Pad
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
I have the chance to talk with LucasArts and Pandemic about SW Battlefront 2. So post your questions you want me to ask them here. ;)

Pad

maxloef
07-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Hmmm lets say wel
How Many CApitol can we Expect on the Space flght maps?
Will the CApitol hips be destroyable?
Whats r the Minimum System Requirements?
What r the officers Capabilities?
How many Geonosis maps will there be?
Why did the gunships in the trailer Shoot Laser BOLTS from the Spheres at the side its supposed to be LASER BEAMS.
how many space flight maps will there be?

Leviathan
07-11-2005, 11:23 AM
First Pad, thanks for the assistance you provide to us... ;)
Next, I've made a small list of questions I consider important :

How many units will there be per faction ?
How many weapons will each unit have ?
Will heroes be still invincible ?
Will there be subtitled or translated movies in SWBF II ?
Will some of the SWBF I original maps be restored in SWBF II ? (Endor, Geonosis, Kamino, Theed and all others)

That's all for the moment... If you could send those questions to Pandemic Studios, it would be nice...

Thanks in advance !... :)

BeBop
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
I too would like to know why the gunship shot laser bolts in the trailer. It makes it look weird.

- Will there be more maps included then how many there were with SWBF I?
- We've been hearing alot about the starfighters and aircraft of the game. And we've some new clone wars vehicles, but, will the Empire and Rebellion get any new ground vehicles?

Redtech
07-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Heck, there are still infantry in this game?

Oh, can someone update their site? Gamespot is more useful. Othewise, why bother.

maxloef
07-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Will there be BUzz droids

Leviathan
07-12-2005, 06:43 AM
I too would like to know why the gunship shot laser bolts in the trailer. It makes it look weird.
Personally, I think that Republic gunship's spheres can use both laser bolts and beams, like the Spider Droid...
Whats r the Minimum System Requirements?
They are the same as for SWBF. You can consult them here (http://www.swbattlefront.net/index.php?action=game&catid=1&page=sysreq) or there (http://support.lucasarts.com/tsg/SWBFQuestions/Installation/MinimumSystemReqs.htm).

BeBop
07-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Leviathan
Personally, I think that Republic gunship's spheres can use both laser bolts and beams, like the Spider Droid...

The problem being that the Spider has two different cannons. (one for laser bolts, the other for the beam) The Gunship sphere turrets only have one.

Leviathan
07-13-2005, 06:53 AM
Nevertheless, I think that several effects can be affected to only one cannon...

maxloef
07-15-2005, 08:52 AM
did u EVER c the gunships fire laser bolts in the movies NO.
So here u go it should fire BEAMS another stupid mistake in battlefront 2.
Another Question; WILL THE SOUNDS FOR THE ATST BE FIXED AND WILL THE WHEELS FOR THE HAILFIREDROID FIANLY ROTATE FORWARD INSTEAD OF BACKWARDS!?

Leviathan
07-15-2005, 11:30 AM
maxloef, I've not seen laser bolts in Star Wars prelogy, but that does not mean that they do not exist !
Regarding AT-ST's sounds, I've not read somewhere that there were problems with them...

BeBop
07-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Well the AT-ST doesn't sound like it does in the movies. It's sound was closer to the AT-AT's firing sound but more high pitched. As for the Hailfire droid wheels, I don't think they should change that, I'm pretty sure that's an effect of moving quickly. Wheels sometimes appear to be moving backwards in real life too if they are going fast enough.

Leviathan
07-16-2005, 09:58 AM
I see what you mean, now... But such effects for Hailfire's wheels won't be easy to create and apply... And regarding AT-ST's sounds, you're right again... But I don't think Pandemic will change them for others...

quixter
07-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Which jedi u can be in battlefront 2? i know u can be mace,vader,and darth maul, but can u be any others?
Thnx:D

Darth Andrew
07-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Will there be unlockables in the game that players will really want to earn?

Leviathan
07-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Which jedi u can be in battlefront 2? i know u can be mace,vader,and darth maul, but can u be any others?
Of course ! If you watch all SWBF II trailers, you'll see you can play as General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi and many others... (I believe you can play with a custom Jedi...)

PS : Do not forget to remove your post containing only a point...

quixter
07-26-2005, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leviathan
Of course ! If you watch all [b]SWBF II trailers, you'll see you can play as General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi and many others... (I believe you can play with a custom Jedi...)

I forgot about Gen.Grivous and Obi Wan.
But Thnx Leviathan:)

Leviathan
07-27-2005, 06:54 AM
I forgot Luke Skywalker and Count Dooku... And Anakin Skywalker might be a playable Jedi, too...

zerted
08-09-2005, 09:56 PM
I want to know how to install it under Windows 2003 with SP1.

Leviathan
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Post this question in the correct section, that's to say in the Technical Help (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=562) forum... :mad:

Keige
08-13-2005, 03:23 PM
-Will there be extensive stat tracking? (Like Halo 2)
-Will there be melee attacks?
-Are you planning on adding a better physics engine for Battlefront 3 (they've hinted at making a third one)
-What differences will there be in single player and multiplayer (I mean compared to each other)
-Will there be mod tools
-Will clans be able to move from game to game together (like Halo 2)

zerted
08-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Post this question in the correct section, that's to say in the Technical Help (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=562) forum... :mad:

I meant I want to know if BF2 will support Win2003. BF1 did not. I can't ask for technucal support installing something I do not have.

Leviathan
08-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Excuse me, I thought you were still speaking of SWBF's installation problem under Windows 2003... As for me, the reply isn't positive, because this OS is not really made to allow games to be installed ; After all, it is a professional Windows version, and we're not at work to play video games...

-Will there be melee attacks ?
Yes, when you'll play as a Jedi / Sith. Moreover, it exists a trailer of SWBF II showing a short duel between General Grievous and Master Kenobi...

-Will there be mod tools
I doubt there will be modding tools for this video game ; Nevertheless, it is a possibility...

TK-856
08-17-2005, 04:29 PM
What heroes will be in the game other than jedi if any? The main character I want to know about is if Jango Fett is in the game.

aadoga7
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM
i guess the only three things i truly deeply care about that have yet to be answered:

1. order 66 planets in?

2. who or what is the droid commander unit? (please let it be crab droid, i could settle for a magnaguard, yellow painted battle droid sucks)

3. is the juggernaut in the game?

for all i know these forums could have the answer but i am very new and i was so impressed with how you guys run things i joined. better that lucasarts forums :firemad:

zerted
08-18-2005, 01:57 AM
.. As for me, the reply isn't positive, because this OS is not really made to allow games to be installed ; After all, it is a professional Windows version, and we're not at work to play video games...

Yea, I guess you are right, the Os isn't meant for gaming. Being a Software Engineering major at my college, I get all of Microsoft's products (except Office) free, so I updated to Win2k3. It has some advantages over XP and 2000 that I wanted. I just wasn't happy when I had to wipe out my hard drive and install Win2k to just to play SWBF. I guess I did it to my self:disaprove...

Anyway, it seems to me that SWBF and SWBF2 are pretty much the same game with a few tweeks to the characters and other small changes. I am wondering if SWBF2 can play any correctly made/modded map from SWBF. There doesn't seem to be any functionally changes to the maps. Also, I would like to know if there is a release date out there yet, for the demo.

Leviathan
08-19-2005, 09:45 AM
What heroes will be in the game other than jedi if any? The main character I want to know about is if Jango Fett is in the game.

I don't think you'll find Jango... On the other hand, his son, Boba, has more chances to be in SWBF II...
2. who or what is the droid commander unit? (please let it be crab droid, i could settle for a magnaguard, yellow painted battle droid sucks)

It is surely a Standard Battle Droid... (Also known as "Tactical Droid")
3. is the juggernaut in the game?

I've never seen the Clone Turbo Tank in Kashyyyk's trailer ; But that does not mean it won't be in SWBF II... (Nevertheless, do not forget it is a huge vehicle ; Consequently, it could be not included in SWBF's sequel because of its power.

PS : By the way, welcome on the forums !...

Rends
08-19-2005, 03:45 PM
what about player selecting ticket counters?
Lot of peops asked about it forBF1.

jawathehutt
08-21-2005, 09:39 PM
will u be able to turn jedis off

Darth Andrew
08-21-2005, 10:31 PM
I've never seen the Clone Turbo Tank in Kashyyyk's trailer ; But that does not mean it won't be in SWBF II... (Nevertheless, do not forget it is a huge vehicle ; Consequently, it could be not included in SWBF's sequel because of its power.Sure sounds like the AT-AT, doesn't it? All what it really has is some laser turrents that aren't as powerful as an AT-AT's, and missiles. If they balance it correctly, the Juggernaut should have about the same amount of armor as the AT-TE's, and it would take something like two 'slug' tanks to take one out in a head-on assault.

As for questions,

-Will each of the sides recieve a new unique unit?
-How will the 'Hunt' mode work exactly?
-Will players be able to customize certain classes (as in color and appearance)?

zerted
08-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Will you always be the green team? I think it would be nice if each faction (Clones, Rebels, Imerials, CIS) had its own color.

mr.piercy
08-22-2005, 04:45 AM
cheers all round for Pad. and do you know when we can get some answers?

TK-856
08-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Sure sounds like the AT-AT, doesn't it? All what it really has is some laser turrents that aren't as powerful as an AT-AT's, and missiles. If they balance it correctly, the Juggernaut should have about the same amount of armor as the AT-TE's, and it would take something like two 'slug' tanks to take one out in a head-on assault.

As for questions,

-Will each of the sides recieve a new unique unit?
-How will the 'Hunt' mode work exactly?
-Will players be able to customize certain classes (as in color and appearance)?
Turbo tanks are only vulnerable from above, a well placed artillery barrage or an airborne strike is about all that can defeat it.

Darth Andrew
08-22-2005, 11:07 AM
True, but then again, the AT-AT could only be defeated by a snowspeeder's tow cable. But the developers made it that a tow cable, while it being the most effective way of taking a walker out, could also be destroyed by consentrated amounts of turrent fire and missiles. The same will probably go for the Juggernaut; taken out more easily by air strikes, but missiles and lasers will also do.

Melrek Krakan
08-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned...
Will ai units use the opposing teams vehicles (like we have seen in some mod maps)?
And will fighters attack ground targets instead of just other spacecraft?

Melrek Krakan

Commander Obi-Wan
08-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Wonder what characters u can use?

Commander Obi-Wan
08-30-2005, 01:10 AM
How do u get pictures under your name?

Leviathan
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
How do u get pictures under your name?
Click on "user cp", and then, select "Edit Avatar"... ;)

Blackrider27
08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
hey im new lol and i had a question is there going to be a 1st person veiw on ships as in the the cockpit view please tell me there is. and if you pick a level like bespin platforms and it says which era is there like early clone wars and late clone wars. and personaly i think laser bolts would be better on a gunship cause i just dont find laser things useful or liek the snowspeeder weapon instead of the toe cable both laser and laser bolt

Leviathan
09-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Cockpit view for ships is compromised... Only time will tell us whether it will be present in SWBF II...

Darth Alec
09-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Do bots have more than 30 IQ? Can bots go in an enemy ship and use its guns?
Will there be a Saboture/Mine dude class?

battlefront2
09-01-2005, 05:16 PM
hey pad,when are u going to send them the questions?

Commander Obi-Wan
09-01-2005, 06:37 PM
thanxs

Leviathan
09-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Can bots go in an enemy ship and use its guns?
What ships are you talking of ? Capital ships or star-fighters ?

Darth Alec
09-03-2005, 02:59 PM
What ships are you talking of ? Capital ships or star-fighters ?

Both.

Leviathan
09-03-2005, 03:11 PM
MajinRevan has already made a map where Bots can drive enemy vehicles. So, as it is possible in SWBF, it might be possible in its sequel...

Electrify
09-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Exactly how many maps from the orriginal will be featured in this game, and if possible which maps will they be.

I ask this cause I was late getting on to the Battlefront wagon, and I want to be able to play the best of Battlefront 1 with all the cool new features of Battlefront 2 :D

Commander Obi-Wan
09-04-2005, 02:04 AM
All the original maps from Star Wars Battlefront with the addition of sixteen new maps...for Star Wars Battlefront 2...from my knowledge

Darth Alec
09-04-2005, 03:35 AM
Thats alot of maps (wonders how long the galactic conquest will be).

Commander Obi-Wan
09-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Am pretty sure Galactic Conquest will be both longer and better

Darth Arrow
09-05-2005, 05:14 AM
They are tieing it all together really well so it is corny like in battlefront 1 with the bits of irrelicant film clips, so it will be be longer and better!

A question I have is:

Will Jedi be playable full time in Instant action or will objectives need to be completed in IA aswell to be able to play them?

On another threas i read that this may be possible but i just want it to be clarifyed

Thanks

BTW im new, iv read through these forums abit but never been bothered to join, but now i have.. and im the biggest star wars fan!

LaughingCheese
09-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Hope these haven't been sent already...here goes:

Ok, PANDEMIC: Are we actually going to get a demo this time????

Not some stupid promo crap that I have to buy the demo with the episode III dvd, I mean an HONEST trial version (demo) that I can actually download from the site?

That would really be great.

Also, if you could spare two questions: why are some games demoed and some aren't?!

~thanks, LC

yoda-2nd
09-05-2005, 08:23 PM
can you play as chewwie?????????????huh huh huh huh huh huh?????????????????

Jamps
09-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Will there be a Jedi vs. Clones map in the temple for Instant action and multiplayer?

Will the entire Jedi Council be playable?

Does this game focus mainly on EP3?

How many heroes are there total?

What are the PC specs?

If I can run BF1 can I run BF2?

Is there a campagin for every faction?

How long is the single player campaign?

I'd be happy with those questions! :D

Stryker412
09-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Will there be a DVD version of the game?
Will sniper rifles actually kill with a headshot this time?

master_skywalke
09-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Will there be a DVD version of the game?
If you look on the BF2 site you see (at the bottom of the site) a logo with PC DVD on so I think there will be a DVD version.

MachineCult
09-06-2005, 05:02 PM
can you play as chewwie?????????????huh huh huh huh huh huh?????????????????

Yes you can.

Commander Obi-Wan
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
How does the DVD version work?

Stryker412
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
How does the DVD version work?

The same as the CD version but it's only 1 disc.

Darth Arrow
09-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Will Battlefront 2 have 2 discs...

Redtech
09-07-2005, 07:54 AM
The last questions are moot on console, I feel.

09-08-2005, 10:35 AM
lol guess hes never gonna answer :p

Commander Obi-Wan
09-08-2005, 06:49 PM
What is the point of the DVD version?

Rebel_Trooper
09-09-2005, 03:51 PM
for people with DVD drives, and only want one disc (plus more advantages I would think). There are obviously some advantages, or they wouldn't exist.

Leviathan
09-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Will Jedi be playable full time in Instant action or will objectives need to be completed in IA aswell to be able to play them?
You'll be able to play as Jedi / Sith for a restricted time... Moreover, if you're hurted by enemies, you will waste even more time...
What are the PC specs?
As far as I know, SWBF II's requirements will be the same as SWBF's ones. Just go at this address to read them : http://support.lucasarts.com/tsg/SWBFQuestions/Installation/MinimumSystemReqs.htm
If I can run BF1 can I run BF2?
Theoretically, yes, you can...
What is the point of the DVD version?
A DVD has a storage capacity of 4.7 GB and a CD can store about 650 ~ 700 MB of datas... Consequently, a DVD can replace 6 ~ 7 CDs...
Thus, you can burn more datas on a DVD, and it will occupy a minimum of place in SWBF II box... ;)

zerted
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
A reason for a DVD:

1) Install a mobile version of Windows onto a DVD -/+ RW
2) Install SWBF
3) Go to your local public computer access with high speed internet.
4) Put your DVD in
5) Reboot the computer and enjoy.

Leviathan
09-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Why not ?... :D

MachineCult
09-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Have these questions actually been answered? lol, it's a bit late isn't it...

biny
10-07-2005, 03:22 PM
did u EVER c the gunships fire laser bolts in the movies NO.
So here u go it should fire BEAMS another stupid mistake in battlefront 2.

Do you ever see an Super Battledroid fire a missile, or a jet trooper at all?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Another stupid mistake in the whole Battlefront Series?? Give em a break! And trailers do not neccessarily represent the actual content of the game!

nightmarenny
10-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Bindy. That is not an answer. Jet troopers wern't invented for this game. They apear alot in EU.

Jango is infact in the game.

What is this crap about AT-AT only being killable through only speeder? The rebals only had lasers then. Blaster can't penatrate the AT-AT but both the Rocket troopers and many ships carry Proton torpedos(anti-cap. ship). AT-ATs are very well armored but they could be broken same for the Juggernaut.

Edited abit When I relised I was being an ass.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Will sniper rifles actually kill with a headshot this time?

Well...in the Star Wars Battlefront....if you shot the enemy in the head with a sniper rifle they died...so to answer your question...yes, sniper rifles wil most likely kill the enemy if yo shoot them in the head.

zerted
10-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Well...in the Star Wars Battlefront....if you shot the enemy in the head with a sniper rifle they died...so to answer your question...yes, sniper rifles wil most likely kill the enemy if yo shoot them in the head.
Well, "most likely" is certanily true. Sometimes I had to aim just a bit higher then the unit's head to get a head shot. Other times, your shot hits the unit in the head but no damage occurs. (proven both ways: I've seen a sniper bullet directly hit my unit's head, while its health stayed uncahnged... Maybe a lag/programming problem with physics and hits calculated being before player locations and graphics are drawn are drawned? i.e. moving into graphics of bullet after physical bullet has already passed)

Smuggler Vito
10-08-2005, 05:43 PM
THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY QUESTION THAT I OR ANYONE SHOULD CARE ABOUT!!!

WILL THERE BE A LINUX VERSION OF THE DEDICATED SERVER FOR PS2 and PC? PLEASE FIND OUT.

MachineCult
10-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Don't use caps.

Blackrider27
10-09-2005, 09:51 AM
The only question i care about is if there will be cockpit views.

MachineCult
10-09-2005, 03:13 PM
I think i've heard that there won't be, i dont see why though.

Atkins
10-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Will Kit Fisto be in the game???

Commander Obi-Wan
10-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Will Kit Fisto be in the game???

Unforunately...no there will be no Kit Fisto :cry8:

minilogoguy18
10-09-2005, 11:32 PM
yay, i have a very fast dvd drive so thatll definitely increase my performance! also about the modding tools, BF1 and BF2 run on the same pandemic game engine, the mod tools from the first one are compatible with the second. that also means ill be making custom vehicle models, not just reskinned ones since i have a pandemic tools exporter for softimage|XSI, the modeling program that pandemic used.

Ryozan
10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
All i care is if Jedis are playable constantly in IA or not?

MachineCult
10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Don't think so i'm afraid.

Darth Vader TM
10-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Is it true that you have to earn a jet pack if you are a jet trooper?

MachineCult
10-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Erm, no.
Thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard. A jetpack is the whole point of jet troopers why would you have to earn one?

Darth Vader TM
10-13-2005, 04:16 AM
It said that in a play the magazine!

Darth Vader TM
10-13-2005, 04:30 AM
It says you have to get points and unlock them! Honest

Ryozan
10-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Maybe you have to unlock Jettroopers.....

MachineCult
10-13-2005, 08:57 AM
You have to earn JEDI during gameplay not jet troopers, the idea is ridiculous.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-13-2005, 12:53 PM
It says you have to get points and unlock them! Honest

That's for the beta...and probably PC....not for PS2 for what I have seen in the demo.

MachineCult
10-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Quadruple posting... I'm telling.

KURGAN!!!!!!

Darth Vader TM
10-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Wat r u on about all I said was how do u upload pictures to here!!!

zerted
10-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Quadruple posting... I'm telling.

KURGAN!!!!!!
With two blank posts? How do you make blank posts, or were they edited to become blank?

MachineCult
10-13-2005, 06:10 PM
He doesn't seem to know he's even done it...
It's an unnecessary waste of space.

Atkins
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Unforunately...no there will be no Kit Fisto :cry8:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo!

:yodaball: "Yoda disapointed he is, hmmmmmm"

darthkangaroo
10-14-2005, 04:15 PM
why are their Reble gunships?

Commander Obi-Wan
10-14-2005, 07:24 PM
why are their Reble gunships?

Well....you still will be able to use a Tantive Four type of transport. :vsd:

Atkins
10-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Can you ask them what the Rebel's transport will be?

MachineCult
10-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Gunship Atkins, pay attention.

battlefront2
10-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I dont know about u guys but i dont think Pad is gonna send those questions to LA.Look how long its been!

MachineCult
10-15-2005, 02:51 PM
You're totally right, Pad hasn't posted here in ages.
lol, we know pretty much everything about the game now anyway.

Fate's Decision
10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Do players play as jedi in multiplayer games? It would be way too chaotic if eveybody was a jedi...

MachineCult
10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
There can only be one Hero on each side at any one time.

Fate's Decision
10-18-2005, 06:07 PM
gah, knew somebody went over that. i'm just too lazy to read the whole thing.

Is there any way to prepare for this game in advance (download updates, adjust cpu online setting etc.) or do we all scramble when the game comes out?

MachineCult
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Download the beta.

Not much point though it comes out in 12 days.

Fate's Decision
10-18-2005, 07:03 PM
...? you mean that as too long till it comes out or not enough time?

MachineCult
10-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Not enough time? I'm not dreading the release of Battlefront II,
I don't know what you seem to be worried about my internet works fine for everything all the time.
i'll probably get it in 10 or 11 days as i've preordered it and live in the UK so i'm totally fine with the amount of time.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-18-2005, 08:18 PM
A beta is no longer downloadable....says on the website where you donwload it.

zerted
10-19-2005, 02:44 AM
I would like to ask: Is the beta going to be shut down after SWBF2 comes out? I don't have the money to buy it right when it comes out, but I would still like to play it online.

Yea, I known you can always make a LAN server and play on that, but LA could shut down all public online servers and auto-update a feature that breaks the Beta.

MachineCult
10-19-2005, 03:26 PM
They'll probably just leave the beta alone.
By making it no longer downloadable they won't lose money after the full versions release.

Windu Chi
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
The major things I really want to know if the attack on both death stars will be included; like will the trench run will be included like at "The Battle of Yavin" and attack inside the second death star at the "Battle of Endor".

Also
Do the star ships move or they just sit their like they are at dry docks.
Do the space terrain like, planets, astroroids, & etc look realisted (meaning having realisted physical motion) or just pasted lazy background.
Also are there real time enviromental effects on plantes and moons.

Friends you will all see my dissatisfied rage :ball: :firemad: :duel: if the major requirements like death star 1 & 2 two aren't met, posted in the release week of the "anticipated great game".

I also anticipate others (true star wars fans) will post their dissatisfied thoughs.

Igor_Cavkov
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
beta is very fun i play it all the time.. so it means that the game will Rock when it comes!!! couse its even better!

MachineCult
10-19-2005, 07:30 PM
windu6,
Why post that and create a thread about it as well?

Windu Chi
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
I want know as true star wars fans will like to know will force throw (ability to throw objects and and people with the force will be included or
(for you grunt complainers out there who condsider not true STAR WARS fans) will it lease be a option to be OFF/ON

Windu Chi
10-19-2005, 08:04 PM
windu6,
Why post that and create a thread about it as well?

BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE MESSAGE GET OUT !

MachineCult
10-20-2005, 07:44 AM
You're use of colour annoys me.

What message? You're just being an idiot, telling everyone what you want in the game, with your stupid colourful posts and caps lock. Your first post didn't make much sense, it would help to actually read your message before posting it.

zerted
10-20-2005, 08:00 AM
There is nothing wrong with color.

Kurgan
10-20-2005, 10:37 AM
You're use of colour annoys me.

What message? You're just being an idiot, telling everyone what you want in the game, with your stupid colourful posts and caps lock. Your first post didn't make much sense, it would help to actually read your message before posting it.

Seems you've been spending an awful lot of time simply bashing other people for posting lately. Perhaps you should just lighten up and take a rest? Just because you feel these issues are irrelevant or silly, doesn't mean others do. Disagree without feeling the need to bash, I say.

Honestly, what are you accomplishing in this other than trying to upset people? Is the game's inevitable release in 11 days that depressing?

Sheesh...

MachineCult
10-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah i guess you're right.
(lol, I'll be getting the game in 8 or 9 days.)

Kurgan
10-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Hehe, okay then. ;)

MagnaGuard
10-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Do tie interceptors have missiles? Cause I've seen in trailers for the game shown to me by friends that tie fighters have them and I think it's pretty obvious that tie bombers would.

Angarah
10-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Do tie interceptors have missiles? Cause I've seen in trailers for the game shown to me by friends that tie fighters have them and I think it's pretty obvious that tie bombers would.

They do, I believe they fire 2 at a time

MagnaGuard
10-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Thank you...and nice sig

Commander Obi-Wan
10-27-2005, 07:05 PM
I heard that BOC is only playable in Story Mode and GC...has anybody else heard about it?

evamonkey
10-30-2005, 05:41 AM
A list of questions!

Will there be model/ level export tools for 3ds max?

Lots of soft image mentioned, whats the model file format, and can it be exported in games file format without soft image.

How much mod support will there be.

Looking at the last games info, there was much reference to a kind of here are the tools and adios mentality. Will lucas arts or pandemic provide tutorials or guides for modding. www.doomlab.com is doing a great job for battlefield 2, and Dice/ea have been releasing video tutorials.

How comprehensive will the modding tools be.

In other words, is creating a total conversion mod for this thing total fantasy.

Will the game support a variety of character skeletons.

Will different races have different base character skeletons. Will differrent units have different infantry skeletons ( i doubt this for bandwidth reasons but hey i gota ask.)

Will modders be able to change camera positions.

I ask this cos i understand the fundamental reason there might not be cockpit views. For each cockpit view to be done in detail you need to have a seperate model for the cockpit. Thats a lot of vehicles for a start, the interiors of which have never been concepted. It also adds a mass of modelling work for the dev team, not to mention any increase in in bandwidth for online play required. If the texture maps can do transparancy (and it will be a bad job if they cant... ) then 1 model can be used for both interior and exterior in say fighters. The exterior models windows can be opaque, but cos the polygon is one sided, the pilot can see out from the inside. As long as the pilot cant look around, the cockpit controls etc can be replaced with an image of a highly detailed cockpit model. its better than no cockpit view at all in my opinion. Push to shove and you cant select different camera views at all, then you just choose for each vehicle what you want, cockpit view or external.

Oh and to all the people weeping in agony over the most trivial stuff imaginable.. e.g. oh no!! a laser bolt instead of a beam!!!

Guys, your lucky your being handed the game in the condition its in. When battlefield2 came out, everyone knew there would be stuff that would be there for gameplay reasons that needed changing. Hand grenades able to damage tanks, sniper rifles not a one hit kill etc. It was called vanilla bf2, and in short order it was modded out. If all you have to worry about is the odd sound effect or laser bolt.... just be more respectful and thankful for what your getting.

GeneralZod
10-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Can you play as a custom jedi on the xbox version?

MachineCult
10-31-2005, 12:37 PM
NO Zod stop asking.
Don't you think lucas arts would be advertising it to sh*t if you could?

GeneralZod
10-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Didnt someone say at the beginning of this thread that you could?

GeneralZod
10-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Also can you play as darth vader from start to finish

Commander Obi-Wan
10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
Also can you play as darth vader from start to finish

If you are very good at playing as him....yes...but if you get bombarded by laser fire and any weapon for that matter, say good bye to your friend, Darth Vader.

Darth Vader TM
11-01-2005, 06:37 AM
I finnaly got it and its great!!!!!

MachineCult
11-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Got it aswell, totally awesome.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-01-2005, 12:58 PM
I am getting the game in about 5 hours....after school. Can't wait!

barry009
11-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Question....I saw people who are darth vader killing them with the force, strangle i mean. with wich buttom do you have to do that..?

zerted
11-02-2005, 10:52 AM
It is your secondary fire button (normally right click). The force choke is the secondary's (lightsaber throw) secondary weapon.

jaemz
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Why Pandemic, did you sell out to an investment firm that counts Bono from U2 as a member?

Noooooooooooo...

DoneBreal
01-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Will there be an SWBFIII????

Commander Obi-Wan
01-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Will there be an SWBFIII????

Possibly. No knowledge of it yet.