PDA

View Full Version : [TSL] USM Released!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ChAiNz.2da
02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Not a complete list, but T7's modding notes (included with the mod) has a list with some of them.. every saber/crystal .uti in the USM starts with "usm_" ;)

Easiest way is to use KSE to add to your inventory after you find the proper one you want:
http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

We didn't create/include a full list because we wanted people to play it "honestly" first and give us proper feedback.. especially if there were bug reports and what-knot to report... :)

lightexile
02-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks a bunch.

Jedi General
02-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Something i found out about the codes in the modding notes.

Sometimes the lightsaber and/or crystal will not spawn if you use the W_lghtsbr_200 (ex) line, but will work if u use the usm_lghtsbr_200 line. and vice versa, its weird and annoying, especially after a few runs.

Also, The Alora sabers, the only colours i CAN find are green and red, are they the only colours or are there blue and purple ones aswell?

ChAiNz.2da
02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Something i found out about the codes in the modding notes.

Sometimes the lightsaber and/or crystal will not spawn if you use the W_lghtsbr_200 (ex) line, but will work if u use the usm_lghtsbr_200 line. and vice versa, its weird and annoying, especially after a few runs.

Also, The Alora sabers, the only colours i CAN find are green and red, are they the only colours or are there blue and purple ones aswell?
That's because the actual .uti fiels start with the "USM_" prefix.. the w_lghtsbr type files are the models used...

as for Alora, I believe Sep decided against all the color types and just included those 2 colors.. though I may be wrong..

T7nowhere
02-05-2006, 11:54 PM
^^^ Yup its just those 2 colors

Flashblade
02-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Initially I planed to wait for both the TSL Restoration Project and for the USM to finish but i couldn't wait any longer. I have to repeat myself when you released this mod and say awesome work.

You even created a random loot script that integrates your crystals into the loot of the game fantastic work (no sarcasm here)... and my problem because I hate random loot with a passion. It is something I hate in unmodded KotoR II as well because when I enter the Jedi Enclave Sublevel I don't want to find repeating blasters, "Dark" Jedi robes, Gammorean Gauntlets and the like. Simply because I expect to find things which are related to the Jedi and that is the way I want it. Further I want to be able to aquire everything that is in the game at some point. I don't want to have to play a game over and over only to eventually get the item and I don't like to cheat those with KSE into my inventory.

Random loot annoys me to no end. My character is now level 20 and carrys, 7 Segan Wyndh, 7 Rocarian and 7 Padawan crystals and quite frankly i hate this. So my question to you the devs is. How can I safely remove your random loot and place the crystals of the sabers, which are meant to be build by the player (only those) in a container. ;)

This peace of information would be much appreciated by me. :)

Thanks in advance

flash

RedHawke
02-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Random loot annoys me to no end. My character is now level 20 and carrys, 7 Segan Wyndh, 7 Rocarian and 7 Padawan crystals and quite frankly i hate this. So my question to you the devs is. How can I safely remove your random loot and place the crystals of the sabers, which are meant to be build by the player (only those) in a container. ;)

This peace of information would be much appreciated by me. :)
Seperated your post into Paragraphs to make it easier to read there Flashblade. ;)

While I'm not a part of the USM team, I can say that there is no way to remove the Random loot function and revert the game to fixed loot, that would be likely impossible as the game re-uses the placeable filenames in just about all the modules, so there is no editing utp files and placing them into override like in KotOR I. To attempt scripting every placeable in the game with fixed loot is equally unlikely. Sorry.

Now if you just want all the USM crystals placed into a container at one point in the game that is possible. But removing Random Loot isn't.

Flashblade
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
No no that is a misunderstanding. While I commented on unmodded KotoR II random loot, I never wanted to remove this random loot. I know this is not possible. But I would really wonder if it was impossible to remove USM random loot. That is what I wanted to know from the mod devs. How their random loot can be removed and how above mentioned crystals can be put into a container. ;)

P.S. I would like to place the datapad containing the data about the break away saber somewhere else as well. ;)

Shem
02-13-2006, 12:06 PM
One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?
I wrote this on October 10, of last year. I notice that certain dialogue choices affect what lightsaber Vrook will use.

If you tell the mercenaries that you can't let them take Vrook because you want to kill him, Vrook comes out tells you that you can confirmed everything he thought of you, attacks you, and his lightsaber changes from his USM to his default saber.

If say you're going to rescue Vrook, he comes out saying how you rush into action without thinking of the consequences. Then you can say you want to kill him and then he'll attack you with his USM saber. It's dialogue choices that determine if Vrook will use his USM or not. I tested this multiple times and got the same result each time by the choices I made.

Lucied
02-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey there i just got USM and i wanted to know how i could change the lightsaber colors of some hilts i really happen to like the Jedi Masters Hilt and it doesnt have Viridian or Orange or Silver i was wondering if anybody could do this for me or tell me how

This actually isn't a mod request it is a mod alteration request and should have gone in the proper thread for the USM mod. I'm going to merge this thread to the USM Mod Release thread. ;) -RH

T7nowhere
02-17-2006, 11:39 PM
^^^ you can use mdlops to change the blade color. the blade textures are named like this:
w_lsabreblue01
w_lsabrered01
w_lsabregren01
w_lsabreyelo01
w_lsabrepurp01
w_lsabreturq01
w_lsabregold01

all you need to do is follow the instruction in the mdlops readme on how to use the renamer fuction to rename the blades texture for the saber model.

Shem
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I went through countless hours making some realisitic changes to this mod. I changed it so that the Jedi lightsabers make a Jedi on sound when they turn on. That means the Sith lightsabers make a Sith on sound when they turn on. The only trouble was the double-bladed because of its class, so it makes a sound you can hear by with Jedi and Sith. It really enhanced the game for me.

I had to change .mdl and .mdx files, the upcrystals.2da file, and many .uti files.

T7nowhere
02-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Jedi and sith lightsaber make different sounds?

Personally, I'm satisfied with the games saber sounds. It's good to see that some people will make their own changes to mods to suite thier needs. ;)

Shem
02-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Jedi and sith lightsaber make different sounds?
Yeah, it's based on the principal of how this mod works :)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18270.html

Galefury
02-25-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't believe that the problem with finding only stage 1 crystals is just bad luck. Mainly because I have it, too. That's at least 3 people, which all had the exact same problem. There wasn't anyone yet who complained that he didn't find anything else than level 2 crystals for example. I have 15 padawan crystals, 12 long saber crystals and 8 rocarian crystals. The only other USM crystals I have are the fixed ones: personal sabers of party members, darth bandon's, the czerka prototype saber. When I killed a Jedi master to test if they have their sabers it worked, but I'm actually playing LS atm, so I reloaded.

If you calculate the chance for me getting only stage 1 sabers you will notice that it is extremely low, way too low actually to happen (using 55% chance to get a stage 1 crystal the chance to get 35 stage 1 crystals is 0,000000081%). And it happened to at least 3 people. So either this is some really weird glitch or a conflict with other mods. I'm using:

Major: USM (+ updates 1, 2, 4 and 5), Force Powers 2.1, Achilles' game balance, Arena v3
Minor: Handmaiden for female PCs (+ USM fix), NewFemPC_2.6 (2 new female heads), Remote Influence

Also I'm using the mask remover mod, but it has only model changes so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

My PC is a level 28 female LS Consular/Jedi Master (high level due to game balance mod). I finished Nar Shaddaa and Dantooine, in that order.

Otherwise I love your mod, at least the parts I have seen so far. My favourite hilt so far is probably Brianna's Balance (aqua) and maybe Kreia's. I especially like the way you incorporated the Padawan training into the game. It was obvious that you added the lightsaber building, but as I had never before played as a Jedi Master I thought for quite a while that the training stuff was actually a part of the original game only accessible as Jedi Master. Great work.

General Kenobi
02-25-2006, 06:26 PM
One of the very nice original makers of USM hit me up a few months ago sorta regarding what your talking about. The "odds" of getting the USM crystals and what I thought of it since I'd played through a TON of times. I suggested several saber category "alterations" since I'd never ran across some. I feel out of touch so I'm not sure if one of the updates altered the chances of finding certain crystals. I just give myself the ones I want but it would be sweet to find the upper level ones more often.

:ben:
General Kenobi

Galefury
02-26-2006, 08:49 AM
I suddenly started finding better crystals in the Korriban Shyrack Cave. I found them in the crystal formations and also one in a container.

I guess this is either because of the darkside random item script, or because my problem was really just bad luck.

Sordes
02-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Well first off I want to say great job to everyone who worked on this mod it looks really well done and I can't wait for it to acctually work for me ^_^

So my question is, do you just install everything normally into the override folder? Because I have done this but the mod did not activate. I also have the Update 1, 2 and 4.

I'm not sure if I need #4 though, I couldn't figure out if it was optional or a fix.

Anyways, great job and any help would be apreciated.

ChAiNz.2da
02-26-2006, 06:50 PM
#4 is a "fix" if you have other particular mod(s) installed... but I'd suggest getting it anyways since it fixes a typo (my fault)...
To People using USM & Darkkender's Color Mods,
and Shadow's Saber Mods and the Odyssey Saber

As for installation, yes.. you drop the files in the "Override" into the game's override folder... and the files in the "StreamVoice" in your game's streamvoice folder. Be aware that the streamvoice folder is divided into sub-folders.. so be sure you're putting the files in their correct spots. Following T7's installation advice is alot easier than having to manually search them out. Just drop the folder (StreamVoice) in the .rar file in to your game's main folder. It'll ask you to "overwrite" but it doesn't really overwrite (replace) anything ;) Just click OK.

Patches should be installed after the initial USM installation :)

Also, out of curiosity, how is the USM not "activating"? If it's because Kreia doesn't have her saber... you'll need to start a new game (or a savegame before she joins your party)... otherwise, you'll have to cheat it into the game. :)

Sordes
02-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Hmm, well looks like I may be doing something wrong with the .rar file, is there someway I am supposed to open it up?? I wasn't aware of that..

And as for it not activating, I mean that I have gone through Telos and am finishing up Nar Shadaa and I have not gotten any USM loot, nor am I able to make the sabers for Atton, Bao-dur, Visas or Kreia.

ChAiNz.2da
02-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Hmm, well looks like I may be doing something wrong with the .rar file, is there someway I am supposed to open it up?? I wasn't aware of that..
Ahh.. that explains it. That's why it doesn't seem to be activated :)

You'll need a program like WinRar (http://www.win-rar.com/) or 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) in order to extract the files within the .rar archive. :)

Sordes
02-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Heh, well silly me. Sorry to have such a easy fix, I'm sure it would have been much more worthwhile for you if I had a real problem =)

Oh and thanks ^_^

Jedi General
02-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Wouldnt suppose there would be any hope of getting the spawn codes to - cut crystals, because i like those sabers.

And can NEVER find them in the grand scheme of USM, just the numbers for the blue sabers of each type of (letter) - cut crystal would be much apprieciated :)

Osuirof
02-26-2006, 08:28 PM
This will probably help:

Post #250 (on default settings 10th from the top) here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2032035#post2013146), and answer just below.

Jedi General
02-27-2006, 12:39 PM
1, i have seen that and they dont hold the numbers for the (type) - cut crystals thats why i asked...

Darth333
02-27-2006, 12:55 PM
The codes correspond to the names of the .uti files. You can also use KSE to add them to your inventory: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Swinneh
03-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi there, i tried out the USM and thought it was pretty good, it added more content and a bit more storyline to TSL (like people have their own lightsabers, and you can pick them up) but the one thing i didnt like was that vrooks lightsaber changed from green to blue, and also that kavars lightsabers were blue and yellow, not blue and blue. Is there anyway i can change this? i also want their lightsabers to be in the game, just a different colour.

If not then can i just deleate them from my overide and have their original lightsabers?

Many thanks

DarthAragorn
03-13-2006, 01:51 PM
This mod is so awesome, I love it. The only bad thing is that you can't use viridian and aqua and I think orange on most if not all of the lightsabers.

Also, if you will make an expansion pack or an update containing more lightsabers (please?) , I suggest using this site, http://www.thelightsaber.com/IndexFolder/index2.htm

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask for it, but I didn't feel like making two separate posts.

T7nowhere
03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi there, i tried out the USM and thought it was pretty good, it added more content and a bit more storyline to TSL (like people have their own lightsabers, and you can pick them up) but the one thing i didnt like was that vrooks lightsaber changed from green to blue, and also that kavars lightsabers were blue and yellow, not blue and blue. Is there anyway i can change this? i also want their lightsabers to be in the game, just a different colour.

If not then can i just deleate them from my overide and have their original lightsabers?

Many thanks

You might want to reinstall the mod Kavar should have 2 blue Lightsabers. Vrook's Lightsaber changing to a blue one was a decision made by Seprithro. I personally don't see a problem with it, but if you want it to be green you can change the blade color yourself with MDLOps.

@DarthAragorn, There are no plans of expanding the mod with more lightsabers. We pretty much filled all available space anyway. As for the other blade colors you mentioned you could always use MDLOps to change the blade color of one of the sabers you like to use alot.

Shem
03-13-2006, 05:25 PM
You might want to reinstall the mod Kavar should have 2 blue Lightsabers.
Really? Kavar originally had a blue and a orange with my installation. Of course I changed so it was a blue and a green like a traditional Jedi.

Swinneh
03-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Im no good at all this modding stuff, not like you clever guys :(

i'll just stick with the Vrook blue lightsaber, its actually growing on me, and i'll reinstall and try the Kavar 2 blue lightsabers again.

Playing through again it really does hit you how little lightsabers there are on the game, and how the USM covers that so well, so nice one guys, job done well.

Trikshot
03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
I've seen messages in this thread and in the TSL Holowan Plugin thread saying they have both USM and the plugin installed. I'd like to do the same thing, but before throwing the USM mod into the override directory, I checked to see if there were any duplicated files, and found that there are 7 files with the same filenames but different file sizes (with two additional files being exactly the same) between the two packages, and I'd like to know how to integrate the two without messing anything up for either.

The common files are as follows:Source Filename Filesize Date Time
=============== =============== ========= ========== =====
Holowan Plugin: 650jedi.dlg 567,030 07/09/2005 09:30
USM Release: 650jedi.dlg 566,844 04/25/2005 22:55

Holowan Plugin: 904kreia.dlg 560,208 03/13/2005 22:40
USM Release: 904kreia.dlg 561,360 03/28/2005 19:30

Holowan Plugin: atton.dlg 991,623 07/09/2005 09:37
USM Release: atton.dlg 991,640 06/03/2005 16:59

Holowan Plugin: baseitems.2da 19,147 05/19/2005 19:48
USM Release: baseitems.2da 18,688 04/03/2005 18:11

Holowan Plugin: handmaiden.dlg 1,445,764 07/09/2005 10:16
USM Release: handmaiden.dlg 1,445,749 06/03/2005 20:43

Holowan Plugin: k_enter_601.ncs 177 07/09/2005 09:21
USM Release: k_enter_601.ncs 142 03/29/2005 07:31

Holowan Plugin: upcrystals.2da 15,090 07/09/2005 23:32
USM Release: upcrystals.2da 15,011 05/21/2005 08:58I know that the file sizes are only indicators that the files are different; it might mean that one has data that the other has and vice versa.

So, how would I go about reconciling the differences between these files (especially the dialogs and scripts -- the .2da's are probaby easier to reconsile, although doing so may also be beyond my modding abilities at this point)?

Thanks in advance! :)

RedHawke
03-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Trikshot,

I believe the Holowan Plugin files are already compatable with the USM...

From the Holowan Plugin Thread: First Post
Compatibilities:

The "TSL Holowan Plugin" is compatible with "The USM" simply install the "USM" mod prior to The "TSL Holowan Plugin" and overwrite all of the files it prompts you too. Do not install the Plugin first and then overwrite it's files with those from other mods.

Since you have a list of the duplicate files, then by simply keeping the Plugin files you should be good to go.

I hope this helps! :D

Darkkender
03-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Looks like Redhawke beat me to it.

Have you read the readme for the [TSL]Holowan Plugin? If so you will have read that you need to install the USM first followed by the Plugin as I designed the Plugin to be 100% USM compatible. Also in the Plugin I state that it is okey to overwrite all files that you are prompted for that are in the USM. The reason is I have already pre-merged all of the above listed files that you have listed above.

I'm just getting faster in my old age, or my typing skills have improved! :lol: -RH

Trikshot
03-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Ugh, I read the readme and the credits(es -- hehe) and somehow missed that bit. Thanks for the info! Now I can give Kreia her walking stick. :)

DarkSpiral
03-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Hm, I think I must have a bug.

The dialouge options with both the Handmaiden and Mira weren't quite right; I skipped right past the Handmaiden's original saber and only had the option for her to make the duplicate.

Then once I've trained Mira, I *see* the dialouge option to make her lightsaber, but the scene itself doesn't happen, it just sorta "skips" and I get a flash of a cutscene that's over before I can get a clear picture of what I'm looking at. Then the option is never available again.

I've re-installed the mod, thinking maybe I had a bad file, and loaded an earlier save, but no go.

SilverSentinal2
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Dear USM Creators,
I am pleading with you because I have reached the very edge of my sanity. In trying to get the Mod to work I have had to DL it twice and uninstall and reinstall too many times to count. And it's still not working. I've followed the instructions very carefully, I've put all of the files marked for the Override in but it's still creating sub-folders. It looks like this...

1. Override 2. USM released 3. Override

I know it's wrong but I can't seem to fix it. And the game won't spawn Kreia's walking stick. Please help me.

General Kenobi
03-26-2006, 03:47 PM
just open up that second override folder #3 and do a CTRL+A, Then CTRL+C. Back out to your main directory for TSL and open up the main override folder once open hit CTRL+V. That will copy the contents of the usm override folder into your main override folder. Once you do that go back to your #2 USM released folder and delete it and it will delete it and the contents (namely #3)

don't know for sure but it just sounds like your unzipping to the TSL directory instead of just making a folder on the desktop and unzipping to it. That's how I did it. Then went into that folder on my desktop I made and copied the contents of the new override folder to my own. (remember to download T7's update fixes as well; last time I checked the original 1st post there were one or two for Bao)

Hope that helps a bit, ;)
General Kenobi

SilverSentinal2
03-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks so much for helping me!

General Kenobi
03-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Sure :D We all gots to help where we can.

DarkSpiral
03-26-2006, 09:22 PM
You might also want to check your unzip programs setttings. Mine is always set to the default of "Extract with full path", which creates subfolders inside the directory I've specified. I have to manually uncheck the option every time.

Stevious
04-29-2006, 04:27 AM
Well... I've been playing through this mod, and everything seems to be working fine, until I get to the third map on Telos, then the game won't load and it crashes. I don't know if this is a problem with this mod or if my computer's screwed up, or whatever, but if anybody else has had this problem, could they tell me how they fixed it? Thanks.

Stevious
04-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Well, I think I fixed it myself, whatever it was...

jimbo32
05-02-2006, 04:11 AM
I was wondering if there is some bug with the 'force camouflage' feat? Mira just got it through the USM training dialogue, but it doesn't work (no stealth option unless she's wearing a belt). I noticed the same thing in K1 when I gave it to a recruit I'm working on. Is it just me? If not, has anyone found a workaround?

LenaMarieD
05-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I hate random loot myself, im level 40 and all i find still are padawan stuff :/

woogiee
05-07-2006, 01:30 AM
downloaded this mod yesterday and im about 7 hours into my first playthrough with it and absolutely love it. my favorite mod for KOTOR II so far, kudos to those involved in making

Gasha
05-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I've downloaded USM, and I'm experiencing problems. I can chose the dialogue options to make sabers, and I can train my apprentices, but the saber dialogues has no effect. It doesn't matter if I tell them what color to use, or if I let them chose for themselves, they just get untalkable for about 20 seconds after the dialogue, and then nothing happens. I don't get a saber or anything. I tested starting a new game, and Kreia didn't bring a saber either. Anyone know what to do?

ChAiNz.2da
05-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I've downloaded USM, and I'm experiencing problems. I can chose the dialogue options to make sabers, and I can train my apprentices, but the saber dialogues has no effect. It doesn't matter if I tell them what color to use, or if I let them chose for themselves, they just get untalkable for about 20 seconds after the dialogue, and then nothing happens. I don't get a saber or anything. I tested starting a new game, and Kreia didn't bring a saber either. Anyone know what to do?
Hey Gasha.. seeing as Kreia doesn't have her saber from the get go makes me want to think there's a directory or pecking order problem...

Make sure that you don't put the USM files in sub-folders of your override folder... you could unbeknowst have another mod file load over it since the "U" in USM makes those files tend to load last (alphabetically)...

Also, make sure that you extracted the game files from the .rar.. yeah, I know it sounds 'elementary' but we have to make sure... you'd be surprised on how may people don't realize you need to extract the archive ;)

Gasha
05-16-2006, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the response! I'm in school right now, so I cannot check if I've done what you said, but I don't think that I've done that wrong. I've just extracted the files, then copied all files in the folder to my override directory. So if it was subfolders in the download, then I have placed subfolders in the override. Also, I have high level force powers mod installed, can that be the problem?

ChAiNz.2da
05-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the response! I'm in school right now, so I cannot check if I've done what you said, but I don't think that I've done that wrong. I've just extracted the files, then copied all files in the folder to my override directory. So if it was subfolders in the download, then I have placed subfolders in the override. Also, I have high level force powers mod installed, can that be the problem?
Hmm.. nope, you're right .. that sounds correct (I'm assuming you used the files in the "override" folder within the archive)...

As far as I know, stoffe's HLFP should be compatible since the USM doesn't alter the spells.2da.. I seriously doubt stoffe's mod is the culprit (since I'm a user of the mod as well ;) )

Have you installed the patches for the USM located in post #1? It may not affect the problem you're having, but you never know ;) Especially if you're using other mods besides stoffe's..

Also keep in mind this mod was made before the TSLPatcher came into existence... since the USM contains upcrystals.2da & baseitems.2da.. any mod that was installed before the USM and wasn't on the compatible list may be fubared :(

Best bet is to install the USM first.. then install the other mods (that uses the TSLPatcher) since they will auto-correct themselves... there's also a link in my signature pointing to the current non-TSLPatcher mods compatible with the USM (in this case, use the USM's files to overwrite)....

Gasha
05-16-2006, 03:15 PM
I uninstalled HLFP (didn't like it that much anyway), and the problem persisted. I also downloaded the patches, but it made no difference. However, I did not start a new game each time, I just loaded my save file, which is right before I get Kreia on Peragus.

btw, isn't it a bit overpowered to get a lightsaber on peragus, even though I suppose only Kreia can use

ChAiNz.2da
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I uninstalled HLFP (didn't like it that much anyway), and the problem persisted. I also downloaded the patches, but it made no difference. However, I did not start a new game each time, I just loaded my save file, which is right before I get Kreia on Peragus.

btw, isn't it a bit overpowered to get a lightsaber on peragus, even though I suppose only Kreia can use
When you say right before you get Kreia.. is this before you open the morgue door.. or before you tamper with the corpse (Kreia's intro speech).. or before she joins you in the Party (about mid-Peragus)? Not sure when the scripts tell the game to give Kreia her saber.. but this might help in determining if this is the problem :)

As for overpowering.. since the un-tampered .uti's will only allow Kreia to use it.. it doesn't unbalance the game as much as one might think.. also, in order for it to fit the storyline without totally having a mini-quest in order to get her custom saber (since it has one of the better histories).. we thought it best Kreia has hers from the get-go..

There's really no reason provided by the game as to why she wouldn't have a saber other than nit-picking her belongings were "confiscated".. but even then why would they leave a corpse in her Robes? ;) She could've very well be dressed in a Dr.'s office "paper robe" and a toe-tag if we wanted to get too realistic :xp:.. hehehe..

Anyone who's downloaded my Darksword mod (which is basically a sword version of the lightsaber) will let you know that Kreia's saber doesn't help that much when faced off with a dual-wielding Nightsister with an attitude :D
Even vanilla TSL, my PC equipped with a vibroblade could take on Kreia if the game rules allowed such an early confrontation..

But I digress.. you still have a mod problem, so we should get that fixed hehehe.. let us know when exactly your Kreia save is at.. (the more I think about it, I'm pretty sure the USM was initially intended for a new game)..

Gasha
05-17-2006, 02:22 AM
My save is right before Kreia joins my party, and I don't have time to start a new game every time I need to check it again. I did start a new game once, and it didn't make any difference.

newfrontier45
05-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I just finished my first game with this mod as a dark sided male and I'm quite impressed. Really makes it more interesting and fills in some holes. Everything worked as it should, once I installed it right. Even though I usually prefer to use a doubleblade, the Dooku and Nihilus sabers were my favorites. Malak's was cool as well. Getting ready to go through again.

Are there any mods for some cool new robes that will work in tandem with USM?

MdKnightR
05-20-2006, 02:05 AM
I just finished my first game with this mod as a dark sided male and I'm quite impressed. Really makes it more interesting and fills in some holes. Everything worked as it should, once I installed it right. Even though I usually prefer to use a doubleblade, the Dooku and Nihilus sabers were my favorites. Malak's was cool as well. Getting ready to go through again.

Are there any mods for some cool new robes that will work in tandem with USM?

My Spirit and Spectre of the Force Robes and my Heart of the Force sabers are completely compatable with the USM. See the links in my signature below....

Darkkender
05-20-2006, 02:20 AM
The TSL Holowan Plugin was made compatible with the USM. Just remember to get it's patches & updates. It is filled with robes armors Guns and Sabers. Of the various robes and armors there are all of Prime's works.

Q
05-27-2006, 04:37 AM
I really liked how this mod enriches the story of TSL. Kreia SHOULD have a lightsaber from the get-go, and it just happens to be the coolest one, in my opinion. It really fits her persona. Every NPC gets their own personal lightsaber, along with a bunch of different ones for the PC to choose from, each model uniquely and painstakingly (lovingly, even) designed.

Great work, fellas! This mod had to have taken forever to make.

Darkkender
05-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Great work, fellas! This mod had to have taken forever to make.

For those in the community at the time it seemed like an eternity. Somewhere close too 3-4 months, Maybe more. Of course The Holowan Plugin was built during the same time and released shortly there after as it was meant to be compatible with the USM from the start.

Revan23
06-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Hey I was wondering if some one could tell me how to make the prototy Saber the "Breakaway" i have played through with this mod many many times but i dont know how to make that saber.

ChAiNz.2da
06-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Hey I was wondering if some one could tell me how to make the prototy Saber the "Breakaway" i have played through with this mod many many times but i dont know how to make that saber.
First, you'll need to get the Prototype blueprints...

They're located on Telos' surface, in the Underground Base. The blueprints container is a small metal case in the area behind the force shield that Bao-Dur opens for you (the one with the 4 guns that start blasting as soon as you enter)...

It looks like clutter on the ground, so be sure to inspect everything. I tried to place it towards the center floor near the other "barrel" containers..

NEXT, you'll need to hop aboard the Ebon Hawk and take a trip to Dantooine. Once there, you'll find the Hi-Tek Assembly Station in the docking Bay area where you and your party are first greeted by what's her face (can't remember her name). It's the same area that has the pazaak playing Ithorian and the not-so-polite maintenance man.

The Assembly station is built against the wall right before you turn the corner to reach the Dantooine Plains. Look for a small worktable that has an R2 unit's head on it... there should be a console next to it that you can access that has a workbench, medbench and implant functions.

If you have the blueprints, an extra dialogue option will become available for you. Choose carefully as you're only allowed to construct one color before things happen and the blueprints get destroyed. You'll still be able to use the console for the other functions though ;)

If you're already past Telos and didn't get the plans, then you'll need to use the cheat console (or KSE) to give yourself the datapad blueprints. The code is:

giveitem ba122_blueprint

Hope that helps and let us know if you have any problems :)

Revan23
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok thanks i would always get the bluprints but just didnt know what to do to make it

Revan23
06-09-2006, 07:01 PM
I went to try and make it at the station but I didnt get the option to make it just the first two and i have the blueprints

ChAiNz.2da
06-10-2006, 11:16 AM
I went to try and make it at the station but I didnt get the option to make it just the first two and i have the blueprints
What's your security skill level? It has to be at least 9 or higher (I believe)...

Afterwards, there should be an entry similar to that of "You notice a datapad port/plugin.. yaddayadda" something like that... ;)

Revan23
06-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah that must have been it thx i will go try it.

Master Vassar
07-06-2006, 12:15 AM
I was just wondering if it was at all possible to make this set avaialbe for my PC as well, and not just Kreia.

Kainzorus Prime
07-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Yes, you would have to edit this hilt's .uti file.

Master Vassar
07-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Yes, you would have to edit this hilt's .uti file.

And how would i do that? (i have absolutely no idea how to MOD so forgive any of my idiotic or otherwise evident questions.)

Kainzorus Prime
07-06-2006, 11:00 AM
First download and run Kotor tool (search around holowan labs for link)

Go to File -> Open GFF Files

Find the .uti file for Kreia's saber in the override (I dont have USM installed right now so i cant give specific filename.

Once the file is opened Go to 'properties' tab, and search for line that would point to restriction to Kreia. Either replace the line with additional attribute or delete the line, its up to you.

Save the file and go ingame, the hilt should no longer be restricted to Kreia only. If it still is, you could use the cheats to give you another Kreia's saber, which should work right.

Master Vassar
07-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Would this work too to remove a dark side restriction on an item?

And thanks for taking the time to explain this to me Kain :)

Edit: Forgive the double post, but every time i fire up the KOTOR tool, i get an "application has failed message".

I have combined your double posts. If you have the last post in a thread please use the 'edit this' post function to add content to your previous post. It just helps us to better help you. Thanks. ;) -RH

Kainzorus Prime
07-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I forgotten to mention you would need Microsoft NET Framework - link (http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe).

Uninstall Kotor Tool, instal NET Framework and reinstall Kotor tool.

It should work properly now.

Master Vassar
07-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Ah, great thanks :)

Edit: How do i delete the PC restriction line, or at least remove Kreia only restriction

Edit 2: How do i remove a line? i highlight kreia on the PC restriction line and try typing in something else or backspacing ti but nothing happens. Am idoing the wrong thing?

woogiee
07-06-2006, 05:14 PM
click the line you want to edit, then on the right of the window there should be boxes that you can change

Master Vassar
07-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Awesome, i got it to work :) I didnt see those boxes though. I maanged to highlight the whole line and just use the delete button.

woogiee
07-07-2006, 03:13 AM
I seem to have run into a problem and didnt see a fix in the rest of the thread.

Atton's dialogue to build his lightsaber wont appear on or off the ebon hawk, Iv'e only tried on Nar Shadaa as of yet and will try other planets.

Mira's dialogue seems to be bugged as well, but differently. on or off the Ebon Hawk I can start the conversation but the screen goes black, then it goes back to the dialogue screen with the regular dialogue options for her. No matter where Ive talked to her it has done this.

I swear on my last TSL playthrough their saber dialogue worked too.

*edit* Just got Bao-dur to Jedi and he does the same thing as Mira, and yes I installed the Bao-dur/Visas patch.

LazyAmerican
07-12-2006, 09:53 PM
In my current game, I've reached level 23 or 24 and still have only found Roccarian, padawan, and segean saber hilts. I am not sure if this is bad luck or if something is conflicting with the mod, though that seems unlikely as nothing had to overwrite anything when I placed a few other mods in my override folder as well. I am using the High Level Force Powers, start with lightsaber, sith assassins with lightsabers, and the combat arena mods on top of USM. Additionally, I can't make the breakaway saber either strangely as the HK assembly console doesn't give me the option to make the saber (I have 20+ for security) And on a final note, what's going on with PCgamemods.com?

EnderWiggin
07-13-2006, 12:48 AM
In my current game, I've reached level 23 or 24 and still have only found Roccarian, padawan, and segean saber hilts. I am not sure if this is bad luck or if something is conflicting with the mod, though that seems unlikely as nothing had to overwrite anything when I placed a few other mods in my override folder as well. I am using the High Level Force Powers, start with lightsaber, sith assassins with lightsabers, and the combat arena mods on top of USM. Additionally, I can't make the breakaway saber either strangely as the HK assembly console doesn't give me the option to make the saber (I have 20+ for security) And on a final note, what's going on with PCgamemods.com?

Sounds like it's just the random loot script... it does that to me sometimes too. Doubtful that there's a conflict, as all of Stoffe's mods use the TSL patcher as do some others... and most modders make their mods compatible to the very popular mods like the USM. I dunno why you can't make the breakaway saber, that's odd.

And PCGameMods is down.

_EW_

ChAiNz.2da
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
More than likely it's the random loot script (as EW stated).. happens to me alot as well and I helped on the project, hehehe...

As for the BA-122 Saber... do you have the blueprints? Other than the security skill, you'll need to have the blueprints in your inventory...

The blueprints are (were) located in:

The Underground Military Base on Telos' Surface

If you didn't get them then.. you'll need to use cheat codes to give yourself the blueprints. Also, you can only make one set of the BA-122 sabers, so choose your color wisely ;)

LazyAmerican
07-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Yes I have the blueprints....I even remember making this saber a while back but since then I've reformatted my comp like 3 times heh. But alas I think I am permanetly screwed in my recent file anyways....it's glitched inside the cave on Korriban where you go through all those trials. After I've killed everyone and move to the end, all the doors are still locked. Bah this game has even more glitches for the PC, but at least the load times are 100x faster.

Dirtnose
07-21-2006, 07:14 AM
im in love with this lol :lol:

tygaran
07-22-2006, 02:46 AM
This is a cool mod, but I'm still having a problem getting Mira to construct her own lightsaber. I know enough to get into exploring the dialogs and scripts. I Can see that the option should become available once her custom global "saber_built_mira" becomes "1"

However, for the life of me I cant find WHERE the variable is first set to "1". Looking at the Atton and Handmaiden scripts, I can see their "saber_built" globals are set when they become their jedi class. However, Mira becomes a Jedi is a separate, Nar-Shadda, dialog file. This dialog does not seem to be updated in the USM_Released file I've downloaded.

Am I just missing the conversation tree option which sets this? Or is this a real bug??

[EDIT]
Ah-ha! Looks like I found it...after going through the mira.dlg line by line.

There's an extra dialog option for a "post jedi, pre-saber" state. It is only looking for her as a Jedi Sentinel, and since I have SuperSquall's prestige padawan's mod installed, Mira jumps straight to a prestige class, and is not a Sentinel. OK then. Time for a minor tweek.

I suppose I aught to do more thorough investigations before posting. I think this is the third time I've answered my own question in various modding areas. :lol:

[Suggestion]
Might be cleaner to just grab the miratch.dlg from the 301NAR.MOD and set the variable when she becomes a Jedi; same basic timing as the other padawans.

RaptorTank4
07-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey, I downloaded this mod and it's .rar file type, I had no clue what this was so I goolgled it and found out it's a archive file. So I find means to extracting it from the archive as I have know clue to do this, I couldn't find anything that gives a free service for this. Could anyone point me to a place where I could extract the files from this .rar file? I'm really looking forward to this mod.

T7nowhere
07-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Stuffit will work.Winrar also has trial version available.

http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/index.html

RaptorTank4
07-27-2006, 02:08 AM
Ahh, thank you. I did some more searching last night out of my desire to try out these awesome mods and I found an archive organizer program, free of course lol, called "7zip". It's capable of extracting files out of .rar files and .zip files, along with several others - mostly file types I've never heard of, lol. Thank you for your help either way T7nowhere.

AjuntaPall316
08-02-2006, 04:41 AM
Hi. Love the mod, played through a few times with it. This is the first time on the PC version though and I love the ~ console. I've found the giveitem codes to most of the items, but I can't for the love of God, find the code for Darth Nihilus' Lightsaber. Can someone help me out, or maybe know of a full list of the USM console codes? Thanks.

tiggerguy
08-05-2006, 09:42 AM
hi! ive just downloaded the usm mod so ive been wondering if u can get the crystals via KSE/SGE 'cause i wanna test it b4 i play it fully
Thanks!

P.S is this mod compatible with Stoffe's high lvl force powers mod?
(i dont download it from the lucasarts file i download it from filefront)

Cheers!

Ghost Down
08-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Yeh, but they won't work ..So you'll need to add the sabers ..

- Ghost Down

tiggerguy
08-05-2006, 10:29 AM
ok thanks!

Darkkender
08-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Yeh, but they won't work ..So you'll need to add the sabers ..

- Ghost Down

That is 100% incorrect. If you cheat the crystals in and then place the crystal into the proper hilt type it will work fine you won't need to add the saber at all.

Caranthir Dark
08-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I recently downloaded the USM, and it's truly amazing. Thank you to ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere for putting together such an oustanding mod.

Getting down to business though, I've been having an issue with my saber upgrades at the work bench. I can't seem to change out the color crystal in any USM hilt. I don't know if it was intended this way, but I'm assuming not mostly because of the additional crystals that came with Darth Bandon's saber. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

General Kenobi
08-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I've had them all in my inventory to my knowledge and they ALL can be changed out from what I've seen. Most likely it's a big ole' mod conflict from another mod installed. I bet if you start from a clean install then do the deed and install it (USM) right off the back then you'd be good to go. ;) Those particular sabers do switch out though.

Hope that helps a bit, :D

General Kenobi

EDIT: I forgot what ChAiNz down there said. It does do that if you put a double saber crystal in a short saber hilt, etc. Good catch ChAiNz :D

ChAiNz.2da
08-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Another thing to look out for is to make sure you're putting the the crystal(s) in the proper style of saber hilt...

Most of the USM's crystals are for a regular saber hilts, putting them in a short-saber or double will most likely cause a null-nade (unless it says otherwise)... if you see a null-nade at the bench when placing a crystal, don't press assemble...

However, if you're tring to put a USM crystal in another USM style hilt, try putting in a standard crystal first, assemble.. then add the USM crystal you were wanting to the newly made 'normal' saber.. :)

AjuntaPall316
08-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have a list of ~ codes for this mod? Darth Nihilus' Lightsaber specificly?

Emperor Devon
08-11-2006, 07:12 PM
You could download KSE. That has a list of all the codes, which would take far too long to list. Nihilus' saber is usm_lghtsbr_157.

AjuntaPall316
08-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Thanks.
That was the only one I couldn't find that I really wanted. Most of the lightsabers have color crystals in them so they can be found by looking at the upcrystals.2da file with Kotor Tool. Thanks again.

Arátoeldar
09-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Is there a level at which Boa-Dur will no longer build lightsabers?

sluggard
09-06-2006, 12:01 AM
You should have replied to the USM thread in this section of the forums.

You have to complete the Build your lightsaber quest before she can build hers.
Thank you, and I offer my apologies.

I have built my lightsabre, but it was before Visas' lightsabre was destroyed. Did I need to build another to precipitate her building hers?

Thanks

Arátoeldar
09-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Thank you, and I offer my apologies.

I have built my lightsabre, but it was before Visas' lightsabre was destroyed. Did I need to build another to precipitate her building hers?

Thanks

So far as I know. Once you have built yours. It will be a dialog option. The first screen will say some like. "There is something that we must dicuss."

sluggard
09-06-2006, 12:32 AM
So far as I know. Once you have built yours. It will be a dialog option. The first screen will say some like. "There is something that we must dicuss."
OK, I'm not getting that particular dialog option. Any suggestions? And again, thank you so very much for your help!

Arátoeldar
09-06-2006, 01:25 AM
OK, I'm not getting that particular dialog option. Any suggestions? And again, thank you so very much for your help!

Just go through the different dialog options is the only thing that I know.

When did you install this mod?

ChAiNz.2da
09-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Is there a level at which Boa-Dur will no longer build lightsabers?
Not that I recall.. he always seems to be more than willing to make one for me, if I have the components that is... (credits and a 'sacrificial saber')..

Are you asking to build one on or off the Ebon Hawk? Though I'm not sure if it matters, other users have had luck trying to get one built opposite (on/off) of where they were first trying..

@sluggard, try taking Visas with you off / on the Ebon Hawk. Area transitions seem to knock out dialog 'quirks' that TSL seems to like doing... (on rare occasions)...

Jedi General
09-06-2006, 02:47 PM
You could download KSE. That has a list of all the codes, which would take far too long to list. Nihilus' saber is usm_lghtsbr_157.

Can you please elaborate on KSE, i specifically wanna know about all the #- cut crystals

Regards

sluggard
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
@sluggard, try taking Visas with you off / on the Ebon Hawk. Area transitions seem to knock out dialog 'quirks' that TSL seems to like doing... (on rare occasions)...
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but no go, at least not after multiple efforts. I've installed a number of mods, and just reinstalled the USM_Released mod and tried again before I ever mentioned it here. I'm wondering if there is some other mod/dialog conflict. But I really do appreciate the suggestion. It may come in handy another time.

And ChAiNz.2da, just want you to know, you're one of the coolest "modders." I appreciate what you and others have done to make KOTOR I & II more enjoyable. You guys go out of your way to be helpful here, and I am grateful for all your work and help.

sluggard
09-07-2006, 01:29 PM
OK, I stumbled on to the solution. I simply renamed the game I was playing, and when I approached Visas immediately afterward, *presto* the dialog for constructing her new lightsabre appeared!

Perhaps one of the knowledgeable modders can explain to me how renaming a game can then spawn what otherwise wasn't working.

BTW, I still can't spawn the dialog yet for Visas to create her *second* lightsabre, but perhaps I need to work with her a little more, or do something else I'm too ignorant to figure out.

Again, my gratitude goes out to all of you helpful folks here.

ChAiNz.2da
09-07-2006, 02:12 PM
OK, I stumbled on to the solution. I simply renamed the game I was playing, and when I approached Visas immediately afterward, *presto* the dialog for constructing her new lightsabre appeared!

Perhaps one of the knowledgeable modders can explain to me how renaming a game can then spawn what otherwise wasn't working.
Wow.. and that's in a kewl way.. hehehe I wouldn't have ever thought about trying that. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

As quirky as TSL gets, I wouldn't doubt by renaming the save, you jumbled around some bytecode.. :lol:

BTW, I still can't spawn the dialog yet for Visas to create her *second* lightsabre I don't think she will.

It was a group decision to have the bonified qualified Jedi-before-you-were members to not make a secondary saber (for the PC or anyone else). This was to distinguish them a little moreso than your average "I was a bounty-hunter, but now I'm almost as good as a Jedi as you are" type character. Kreia's, Visas', the Jedi Masters' & the Sith Lords' sabers should all unique (I'm pretty sure).. ;)

And ChAiNz.2da, just want you to know, you're one of the coolest "modders." I appreciate what you and others have done to make KOTOR I & II more enjoyable. You guys go out of your way to be helpful here, and I am grateful for all your work and help.Thank You. :)
But hey, I'm just trying to re-pay the folks here for all the massive help I received (and still receive). We're all in this modding madness together.. and hundreds of crazy nuts think better than a loner nut.. :nut: :D

sluggard
09-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't think she will.

It was a group decision to have the bonified qualified Jedi-before-you-were members to not make a secondary saber (for the PC or anyone else). This was to distinguish them a little moreso than your average "I was a bounty-hunter, but now I'm almost as good as a Jedi as you are" type character. Kreia's, Visas', the Jedi Masters' & the Sith Lords' sabers should all unique (I'm pretty sure).. ;)
Ahhhh, that makes sense, and is very hepful too.

Thank You. :)
But hey, I'm just trying to re-pay the folks here for all the massive help I received (and still receive). We're all in this modding madness together.. and hundreds of crazy nuts think better than a loner nut.. :nut: :D
Well, I mean every word of it. Hats off to all you good folk!

Char Ell
09-10-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm working on a very simple mod that will make Bao-Dur a Jedi Sentinel instead of a Jedi Guardian. I need to make a change in baodur.dlg so that the game will state "Bao-Dur has now become a Jedi Sentinel" instead of "Bao-Dur has now become a Jedi Guardian."

I noticed that USM uses baodur.dlg. I want to make my mod compatible with USM so:

1) I seek permission to add the necessary dialog changes to USM's baodur.dlg

2) It looks like USM's baodur.dlg doesn't have all of Bao-Dur's dialog tree. Do all I need to do is add the dialog branches I'm changing to the file and everything should work OK?

T7nowhere
09-10-2006, 02:34 AM
^^^
If you want to make your mod compatable with USM, your going to need to edit the dialog that is in the last fix. It's fine by me if you want to edit a version of the dlg from USM, but I would recommend also including a version with only your changes(incase someone doesn't want to install USM or isn't able too).

In responce to #2 I'm not sure what you mean, All the dialog branches in the games baodur.dlg should also be in USM's baodur.dlg, I only added nodes, not remove them. If you know of specific nodes missing from USM's file I would appreciate knowing.

That aside though, if you want to change Bao-Dur's Jedi class and still have it compatable with USM you will need to edit a few other things.

The conditional on node R317 will need to be changed from
c_npc_class 2
to
c_npc_class 1

This way it will check to see if Bao is a sentinal(instead of guardian) before allowing the dialog option that leads to him building his own saber.

Char Ell
09-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks for that good info, T7nowhere. I've used KT to poke around the KotOR and TSL game files some but my actual modding experience has been limited to KotOR with a few minor changes to a couple of .2da files and adding some items to unique .utp files. In other words I'm still very much a noob at modding. :D I wouldn't trust what I say about dialog files as I'm still trying to figure out the dialog editing stuff. ;)

Darth Xenir
09-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Heh, my first post, I was looking through the screenshots for this mod and stumbled on the Alora saber by Seprithro and immediatly fell in love with it. In the shot it shows the saber in four colors (red, green, blue, and orange.) Just wondering why there's only the red and green versions in the download, because my favorite saber color is blue...

By the way, this is a great mod, by far my favorite :)

T7nowhere
09-21-2006, 12:28 AM
^^ Seprithro decided to only release the red and green as it fit in with his back story for them better.

But there is nothing stopping you from changing one of them to blue to use in the game.

Darth Xenir
09-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Well, nothing except the fact that I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to modding this game lol.

goldberry
09-24-2006, 04:50 AM
I have to be honest, I am very reluctant to install this because many of the files will clash with things I already have installed. Does it use TSL patcher btw?

Addlcove
09-24-2006, 06:47 AM
it doesn't :(

would be a nice version upgrade to have made, USM with patcher, and all the 4 packages in one

goldberry
09-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Bah, I really cant be bothered to sort out all of the 2da editing manually, especially since all but 3 of the games 2da files are in my override folder. I'll stick with what I've got. Are any of the (many many) lightsaber models released seperately, cause some of them are sooooooooo cool.

T7nowhere
09-25-2006, 10:55 PM
None are released separately for tsl. The reason why the mod doen't use tslpatcher is simple.

1. TSL patcher wasn't available.
2. There are a couple hundred 2da edits and none of us involved with USM have had an interest in spending hour after tedious hour setting it up.

The simplest solution is to start with USM's 2da's and add each saber mod one by one. If you are not willing to do that, then it's simply your loss.

TolaGarf
10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I just played the entire game till the end using the USM mod.

I didn't find many bugs with USM besides for some minor unimportant ones, a few spelling erros etc and I have to say it was a very cool experience! I'd like to congratulate the creators on this one, for a job well done.

One thing that did bother me somewhat though, is that it seems the drop ratio for rare loot has been upped quite a bit. As a result I found way too much rare stuff that you wouldn't find in a normal TSL game (example: I found 5 x Bindo's Band and 3 x Gray Jedi Robes in the same game). Rather unusual compared to the original TSL. The new lightsabers and crystals are cool, although somewhat overpowered which makes the game too easy in my oppinion.

Out of curiosity, I noticed there has been talks about an easter egg built into USM. I didn't encounter anything that I would percieve as an easter egg so far. If someone could be so kind and PM me the details about it if possible.

T7nowhere
10-12-2006, 02:56 PM
As a result I found way too much rare stuff that you wouldn't find in a normal TSL game (example: I found 5 x Bindo's Band and 3 x Gray Jedi Robes in the same game). Rather unusual compared to the original TSL. The new lightsabers and crystals are cool, although somewhat overpowered which makes the game too easy in my oppinion.

Thats odd, I've never noticed anything like that, as far as I know the probability of the regular item drops is untouched by the USM loot scripts. Darth333 would know more about this though.

As for the sabers being overpowered, I quess some are, but really even the normal sabers can be overpowered with the right upgrade items. it realy depends on how you use them. If their overpowered then remove some upgrade items. ;)

It's great to hear you enjoyed it though. :)

Addlcove
10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
T7 btw, will thus mod be updated for compatibility with the restoration project when that is complete? and will that include making it use the TSLPatcher?

Liit Orda
10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
T7 btw, will thus mod be updated for compatibility with the restoration project when that is complete? and will that include making it use the TSLPatcher?

Careful, he'll have a go at you...

T7nowhere
10-12-2006, 08:01 PM

Maybe, but we don't know what changes they have made yet, so it's really to premature to start planning for that now. Making the mod use TSL patcher would still be a pain though. It would really depend on how many of us want to work on it again.

Addlcove
10-13-2006, 08:05 AM
heres hoping that the restoration project will bring you all back into the spirit :)

Yendu
10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
I have a small question. I've already started playing the game, and I've gotten as far as creating my lightsaber on Dantooine. And I just recently downloaded this mod. I know the mod works because I've helped Visa's construct her lightsaber the "Hope of Katarr". So my question is is there a way to get Kreia's lightsaber w/o starting over? Because as of now I do not have her lightsaber.

stoffe
10-13-2006, 05:48 PM
So my question is is there a way to get Kreia's lightsaber w/o starting over? Because as of now I do not have her lightsaber.

If you play on a PC you could try to spawn it with the cheat console by typing giveitem usm_lghtsbr_122. Keep in mind that the console is invisible in TSL. Type carefully to avoid typos as you can't see what you type. :)

What key combination you use to activate the console depends on the keyboard layout on your computer. On mine it's shift ´ ?, but on american/english keyboards I think it's the key above the TAB key.

Yendu
10-13-2006, 05:54 PM
If you play on a PC you could try to spawn it with the cheat console by typing giveitem usm_lghtsbr_122. Keep in mind that the console is invisible in TSL. Type carefully to avoid typos as you can't see what you type. :)

What key combination you use to activate the console depends on the keyboard layout on your computer.

Okay I got it to work, thanks for the help. Guess I'll have to live with my save file saying "cheat used"...

JediAthos
10-13-2006, 09:51 PM
at what point does visas create her lightsaber? I have just finished everything on Dantooine and have her in my party and have no lightsaber for her yet.

T7nowhere
10-14-2006, 02:38 PM
^^ you need t have completed the the PC's lightsaber quest with Bao-Dur and then talk to Visas on the Hawk.

JediAthos
10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
ahhh...ty

10-29-2006, 08:02 AM
what do you need to say to npc's to get them to build their personal saber (after they've become jedi)?

Emperor Devon
10-29-2006, 03:58 PM
You need your own first. :)

10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
ok

Master Demonius
12-15-2006, 09:04 AM
just wanted to say that this mod is acompatable with oldflash's Final Touch mod

Aurora Starfire
12-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi there, I really like this mod but I have a problem. When I try to teach Disciple more about the Force, I can only teach him the first level. After that, I can only teach him that, over and over again. I saw that this has been reported before in this thread, but that was a while ago and nothing seems to have been done about it. Is anyone working on fixing it? Thanks!

T7nowhere
12-20-2006, 12:12 AM
^^^ Really? I haven't read about that, I'll try to look into when I have time.

87up
12-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi all

Does this mod make you more powerfull with a lightsaber ?

Emperor Devon
12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Welcome to LF, 87up! :waive1:

What do you mean by that? There aren't any extra feats and whatnot that make your character more powerful with a lightsaber, though there's a lot of new sabers that are better than the standard ones. :)

87up
12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Hello Devon

Thank you for the warm welcome... :)

With better sabers you can do more damage right ?

krazzed
12-22-2006, 09:14 AM
hello, I love USM and all of the extra features it adds to TSL. But I have found a glitch when i try to get Atton, The Handmaiden, and Mira to build thier own lightsaber. I say there is something we need to discuss to one of them and it starts the conversation again. I tried it with Visas and it worked just fine, I havent tried it with Bao-Dur because hes not a jedi yet. Other than this i really LOVE USM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aurora Starfire
12-22-2006, 12:15 PM
I personally have to level them up for a while before I can get them to build their lightsabers. Usually. (Am I right in thinking you have already built your saber with Bao-dur, 'cause you can't get the others to build their sabers unless you have built yours (although I have gotten a few of them to build their sabers without having mine built...must be a glitch or something))

Also, you can try it both on and off the Ebon Hawk, I believe I read somewhere that if it doesn't work on the Ebon Hawk, it might work off of it, and/or vice versa.

Xolto
12-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Can someone please help me with my problem of merging USM and Movie Style Jedi Robes by Prime. My problem is I added lines 109/110 to the baseitems.2da, edited a_jediarmour_01/87/88.uti to where it reads
baseitem: 109 for jediarmour_01 and 110 for jediarmour_87/88 and when in game I try to use "giveitem a_jediarmour_01" it won't work neither will it work for 87/88. I thought I did it right. I'll outline my steps to see if anything I did was wrong.
Installed Kotor tools, installed USM/Jedi robes and opened baseitems.2da under override that came from the USM file and added 109 as jedi-heavyarmor
and 110 as jedil-ightarmor. I copied the rows and pasted it and set the label #s correctly. Than I opened the .uti files and switch the baselines for jediarmour_01 to 109, jediarmour_87/88 to 110. After I switch them I cannot open them again because it says it causes an error. I save and quit and try to load the game and use giveitem to summon the items but it doesn't show up. Any help?

lactose_
12-27-2006, 10:46 AM
You have to make sure the various .uti files have the correct baseitem reference.

Open them in KotorTool and check that they point to lines 109/110.

Xolto
12-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Forget the quote it didn't work well. Instead heres a picture of where I changed the baseitem value not sure if it's correct. I only switched the numbers there. Before the value was 104.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/855/testyl7.png

Darkkender
12-27-2006, 03:16 PM
As a Note Xolto this question should have been asked in the main Holowan Labs.

However if you are trying to open the uti with Kotor Tool's uti editor you need to make sure your edited baseitems.2da is in override and KT knows to look inoverride for 2da's.

Also if you are going to show screenshots it would help if you take one of your baseitems.2da file and of the error you are receiving.

In the meantime would a moderator please split these last for posts into there own thread.

Thanks Darkkender

T7Edit:The post is acceptable in this thread as it does relate to merging USM with another mod, which may be helpfull to others that want to do the same thing.

Xolto
12-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Didn't realize I didn't check the "Look in Game's Override folder for 2Da files"
After I checked it and scrolled through the path to reach baseitems.2da under the tree path of KotorII---2da.bif---2d array---baseitems.2da it shows as unchanged. How do I set it to it recognizes my baseitems.2da in the overrider folder as the one to check?
I've set my import path as C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override

lactose_
12-28-2006, 09:15 AM
After I checked it and scrolled through the path to reach baseitems.2da under the tree path of KotorII---2da.bif---2d array---baseitems.2da it shows as unchanged.
No, that's the game's default baseitems file. After you check the box, go open up the .uti again, and select the correct baseitem.

ChAiNz.2da
12-28-2006, 10:23 AM
No, that's the game's default baseitems file. After you check the box, go open up the .uti again, and select the correct baseitem.
You'll need to close down KT entirely then re-open the program for the setting to take effect :)

Xolto
12-28-2006, 04:02 PM
No, that's the game's default baseitems file. After you check the box, go open up the .uti again, and select the correct baseitem.After I checked the box, restarted the program and opened the uti files again, I put in the correct baseitem value # but it still doesn't work. Also when I save my edits of a_jediarmour_01/87/88 and I try to open them again as text files kotor tools would give me an error and to reopen those files I would have to open another .uti file as text and then point to a_jediarmour_#. Is that normal behavior?

legend0fthefall
01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Hallo

Last year, back in Feb I asked if it were possible to change Atris's hilt saber color.

Cannot remember what got in the way but almost a year later and I'd like to know if it can be done.

I think I remember someone saying it is easily done.

I would like to change Atris's Hilt saber from blue to silver.

How can that be done?

I've never modded for kotor...just nwn, nwn2, morrowind and oblivion.

kingoftheabyss
02-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi....I've played through the game with the USM mod about 3 times now...It's perhaps the most thorough and pretty mod i've seen...I have trouble editring upcrystal.2DA files, but i can't even begin to imagine how much work you guys put into it...

..but enough of what would seem like sucking up...I'm having trouble, the Jedi Masters don't have their new lightsabers when they enter the enclave and they are not on their remains...

..I'm a Female PC...I killed Zez on Narshadaa but did the Light Sided Quests with the other 2. So When I came to the Enclave I fought Vrook and Kavar at the same time (Quite exciting = D)...I've tried where Kreia is in my party and when she isn't, yet still no Lightsabers...I have a saved game before I go into the enclave..

P.S.-Sorry if this question has been answered in this Thread before, but after reading through 3 pages my eyes where about to fall out of there sockets...

DeSade
02-05-2007, 05:09 PM
First off, I think this post is in the right place, please let me know if it is not.

I can't seem to get the NPC's to build their own sabres, I talk to them but the option just doesn't come up.

Tried this with a LS exile and standard influence advancements and also with a DS exile using the mindprobe item that controls influence (100% for everyone) so I am not sure why I cannot trigger my apprentices to create their own.

Maybe list the files that are responsible for this script as I have my mods in various folders in override files do not get overwritten if there is 2 of the same, but I am not sure how the game would handle finding 2 files the same, which one takes priority?

Mod note: Merged thread from Holowan with the USM feedback thread. ~M

stoffe
02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I can't seem to get the NPC's to build their own sabres, I talk to them but the option just doesn't come up.
(snip)
Maybe list the files that are responsible for this script as I have my mods in various folders in override files do not get overwritten if there is 2 of the same, but I am not sure how the game would handle finding 2 files the same, which one takes priority?

This sounds like the most likely reason why the new dialog options do now show up. You likely have another mod that modified some of those files as well. Search inside your override folder for any .dlg files that contain the names of the party members in their filename, and remove any that conflicts with the files from the USM.

I don't know exactly in what sequence the game loads resources from subfolders within the override folder, but it will only use one of the files with the same name regardless, so you should take care to ensure there are no duplicates.

Arátoeldar
02-05-2007, 10:26 PM
First off, I think this post is in the right place, please let me know if it is not.

Tried this with a LS exile and standard influence advancements and also with a DS exile using the mindprobe item that controls influence (100% for everyone) so I am not sure why I cannot trigger my apprentices to create their own.

I believe that the males build their light sabers inside the Ebon Hawk and the females build theirs in or outside the Ebon Hawk.

DeSade
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks Stoffe, I think the problem was a revised dlg mod shame to lose it but USM is much more important to have working in my opinion.

Anach
02-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Id like to see crystals being harder to find. I seemed to get far too many of them. Silly amounts. Understandable in certain Jedi infested areas, but all too common everywhere else.

Also be nice to do away with standard game sabers completely. Just having each NPC build their own then use the crystals to change the design if desired. Normal sabers seems a little pointless.

Finally it would make more sense that if you put a double blade crystal in a single hilt, it turns into a double hilt. This would stop accidents :)

StFrodric
02-27-2007, 12:40 PM
First, theres nothing wrong with the loot code and crystal distribution. I did a full reinstall and ran the OC with only USM and the HLFP mod. Never got more than 9 USM crystals in 5 runs and in one I got only 4. To this day there are types of sabers whose crystals I've never gotten. I suspect you have another mod installed which somewhat alters loot code. I know that when I ran the OC with USM and Final Touch installed I ended up with almost 30 crystals for some reason.

deathdisco
02-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Finally it would make more sense that if you put a double blade crystal in a single hilt, it turns into a double hilt. This would stop accidents

Or just point to the default model for that saber type if that won't work. That way you don't lose the crystal. Either way I'm not sure why no one has done this yet instead of using null references.

Anach
02-27-2007, 04:56 PM
First, theres nothing wrong with the loot code and crystal distribution. I did a full reinstall and ran the OC with only USM and the HLFP mod. Never got more than 9 USM crystals in 5 runs and in one I got only 4. To this day there are types of sabers whose crystals I've never gotten. I suspect you have another mod installed which somewhat alters loot code. I know that when I ran the OC with USM and Final Touch installed I ended up with almost 30 crystals for some reason.

None that Im aware of. I only usually install model/texture replacements. Im very careful about overpowered or unbalanced mods.

To me the amount of crystals and sabers I ended up with was enough to open my own store. Though Id be happy to have loot chance for all Armour/Weapons reduced. There is far too much accumulation in this game :)

What Im wondering is if the loot chance of all sabers/crystals has been balanced with the default items, or just added to it. eg. If there is a 10% chance of looting a vanila crystal and then you triple the item count with USM, and then add them along witht he same chance percentage. What happens in game? Total crystals is many times the amount you would have originally (Which was plenty :P )

I guess that if you disabled the standard game items it could break other mods. Though it could encourage others to use USM as the standard.

Or just point to the default model for that saber type if that won't work. That way you don't lose the crystal. Either way I'm not sure why no one has done this yet instead of using null references.

Having to reload a save game because of losing something from an accident shouldnt be happening. The first priority should be to make the mod solid, so it doesnt have those issues.

Is there not a way to stop those crystals being allowed to be installed in the wrong saber?

Two systems for sabers in game at one time can be a little confusing :)

T7nowhere
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
^^^Adding the default sabers to the custom rows in upcrystals wouldn't make a difference, if you assemble a custom saber crystal in a default saber it will become a default crystal.

Our way is that if you do put the crystal in the wrong saber type, you will be able to see that you have done so by it turning into a nullnade. When you see that happen you can cancle the assemble and try it in a different hilt.

In order to make it work so that you don't loose the crystal after assembling it is by making uti's for all three saber types. That would be triple the work for very little payoff. Letting the saber turn into a null nade is by far the simplest and most efficient method.

About the saber USM spawn script, yes you will likely obtain many crystals throughout the game, this was done so that people would have saber choices without having to cheat. However your not likely to find any powerfull crystals at a low level, heh actually there are a couple powerfull crystals that you have a minute chance of finding and then only if your a very high level.

deathdisco
02-27-2007, 11:35 PM
^^^Adding the default sabers to the custom rows in upcrystals wouldn't make a difference, if you assemble a custom saber crystal in a default saber it will become a default crystal.
Oops! :blush2:
I guess if I had tried it myself or thought about it further, I would/should have of known that. It was a random thought that has been in the back of my head.
At least you would not end up with nothing. :xp:
Point conceded. :)

Darth Balor
03-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Is there a way to get kreia her saber if you install the mod after she fights sion?

jedikiller32
03-24-2007, 10:45 AM
I believe the only way is through the KSE or perhaps through the 'giveitem' command.

Darth Balor
03-24-2007, 10:48 AM
but what is the name of her saber to add it

T7nowhere
03-24-2007, 04:20 PM
^^^Kreia's green saber is usm_lghtsbr_122

This is in the T7's modding notes.txt wothin the USM_Released\FOR modders only folder

SykoRevan
03-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I believe the only way is through the KSE or perhaps through the 'giveitem' command.

I have noticed that none of the USM Sabers or crystals appear in the KSE inventory master list for some reason. I'm not sure why. I also know of no cheat codes to get them either.

Darth Balor
03-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I had a weird problem i installed the mod(with fixes) then started a new game and got the the part where kreia fights sion and the script didnt fire! so i had to uninstall go through the cutscene then reinstall.

Shem
03-24-2007, 06:19 PM
I have noticed that none of the USM Sabers or crystals appear in the KSE inventory master list for some reason. I'm not sure why. I also know of no cheat codes to get them either.The "cheats" are on the modding notes readme. It has a list of the lightsabers and what their UTI file name is.

jamng
04-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm considering installing this mod because the BA-122 sabre looks especially intersesting. I looked in the readme and other notes but didn't see any info on the BA-122.

Does it allow you to go from 1 <-> 2 sabres in combat or how exactly does it work? ie, You have to "use" it somehow to get it to change, etc?

I have only 2 mods, Handmaiden's Look and Bao-Dur's Charged Armor. It sounds like I'd copy everything in the USM Override directory into my current and then reinstall the Handmaiden's Look and Bao-Dur's Charged Armor mods?

Apologies if this was already answered. I scrolled through and read a number of the replies in the thread and may have missed it.

SykoRevan
04-02-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm considering installing this mod because the BA-122 sabre looks especially intersesting. I looked in the readme and other notes but didn't see any info on the BA-122.

Does it allow you to go from 1 <-> 2 sabres in combat or how exactly does it work? ie, You have to "use" it somehow to get it to change, etc?

The BA-122 actually gives you 3 sabers: one double bladed saber and two single bladed sabers. if you use the double bladed saber in combat, equip both single sabers into your second weapon slot. then just use the weapon switch action to simulate the change.

jamng
04-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks! That's what I'm doing now when I can :). I was hoping for something different :).

The BA-122 actually gives you 3 sabers: one double bladed saber and two single bladed sabers. if you use the double bladed saber in combat, equip both single sabers into your second weapon slot. then just use the weapon switch action to simulate the change.

jamng
04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Ok, I'm going to install this tonight and probably the Skip Peregus Mod. I noticed in the thread that it mentioned you needed to finish the Build Your Own Lightsaber quest. Is this the default quest or a unique one to USM?

The Skip Peregus mod throws in a lightsaber and I was wondering if it would break USM.

Any clues would be appreciated.

T7nowhere
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok, I'm going to install this tonight and probably the Skip Peregus Mod. I noticed in the thread that it mentioned you needed to finish the Build Your Own Lightsaber quest. Is this the default quest or a unique one to USM?

Its the normal game quest.

The Skip Peregus mod throws in a lightsaber and I was wondering if it would break USM.

Any clues would be appreciated.

You will miss out of getting Kriea's Lightsaber. Using that mod might have unexpected side effects when used with USM.

jamng
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks. Based on your reply, it sounds like it'll break more than just Kriea's Lightsaber. Doesn't getting a Lightsaber automatically bypass the normal game quest?

Its the normal game quest.

You will miss out of getting Kriea's Lightsaber. Using that mod might have unexpected side effects when used with USM.

Arátoeldar
04-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks. Based on your reply, it sounds like it'll break more than just Kriea's Lightsaber. Doesn't getting a Lightsaber automatically bypass the normal game quest?

Unless you use the KSE to purposely break the "build your own Lightsaber" quest, nothing else will.

jamng
04-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok, I've it installed and Visas has created her lightsaber as well as Bao-Dur and Handmaiden so the mod is working as I've gotten a 2 or 3 crystals as well.

In the dialogs for Bao-Dur and Handmaiden I see other stuff like building another lightsaber and learning Force Immunities but I don't see additional lines for Visas on or off the Ebon Hawk. Should I see additional lines or is this the correct behavior?

The same goes for Kreia. She has her lightsaber, but no other dialog lines for building another lightsaber (probably wouldn't make any sense anyway since she can't dual wield or wield a double-bladed lightsaber) or training (might not make sense either since she's the mentor and doing the teaching).

Is there a way to bump up the percentages for the random loot?

Gargoyle King
04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
The default sabers in TSL, like Kotor, totally sucked; it makes you kinda wonder what the developers were on at the time! :lol:

Anyway it's mods like this that keep revitalising the game, good work T7Nowhere!

Arátoeldar
04-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok, I've it installed and Visas has created her lightsaber as well as Bao-Dur and Handmaiden so the mod is working as I've gotten a 2 or 3 crystals as well.

In the dialogs for Bao-Dur and Handmaiden I see other stuff like building another lightsaber and learning Force Immunities but I don't see additional lines for Visas on or off the Ebon Hawk. Should I see additional lines or is this the correct behavior?

The same goes for Kreia. She has her lightsaber, but no other dialog lines for building another lightsaber (probably wouldn't make any sense anyway since she can't dual wield or wield a double-bladed lightsaber) or training (might not make sense either since she's the mentor and doing the teaching).

Is there a way to bump up the percentages for the random loot?

Visas is considered to be full jedi/sith by the makers of USM. Atton/Brianna/Mira/Mical/Boa Dur all get three levels of training depending on your/their level. By the time you are 24th level they should be fully trained.

ShadowDragon868
04-07-2007, 02:15 AM
I hate to be a pain, so I'll appologize in advance... I want to add the USM to my KotOR2, but I've been having some difficulty.

To start: All of the files I have currently, I got from FileFront, so if those versions are out-of-date, please tell me.

Currently I've installed:
The USM (Version from Filefront)
The Jedi Temple mod that adds the Jedi Temple and Courscant as a visitable location (from Filefront)
The Slender Bodies mod that makes women look womanly (and adds real underwear), also from Filefront
The Feats Gain mod, also from Filefront.

I first noticed trouble when I got to Harbinger - The expected encounter where Kreia loses her hand to Sleeps-with-Vibroblades (Atton's name is just so right) wasen't triggering. I found this to be odd...

Asking on those forums, I got no answer whatsoever. So I pulled a hatchet-job fix of my own; I renamed the Override folder, ran down the corridor to trigger the cut-scene. It triggered properly this time, but instead of attacking Sleeps-with-Vibroblades with her lightsaber, Kreia pulled a martial arts stance like she was about to kick his butt Jackie Chan style. While an amusing thought, I figured this wasen't right, so I came looking for further support.

What do I do to fix my game, preferably while keeping all of the mods listed and without starting over?

Also, on the first post of this thread, it made mention of a mod by someone named Stoffe that allowed you to bring along the Handmaiden as a female PC. Since I really, really hate the ever-loving bejeebers out of that whining prat, and I really, really want to bring along a vampire-pale mystic-in-white, I'd like to find this mod. Unfortunately, the Google has failed me; can you point me in the right direction?

Also, which updates to the USM will I need to download to make everything work? Will I have to purge the Mods folder entirely?

stoffe
04-07-2007, 07:30 AM
I first noticed trouble when I got to Harbinger - The expected encounter where Kreia loses her hand to Sleeps-with-Vibroblades (Atton's name is just so right) wasen't triggering. I found this to be odd...

Do you have any files named newgeneric001.utt, newgeneric003.utt, 153atton.dlg, a_sionspawn.ncs, cheat_sion2.ncs or a_sion_cut2.ncs in your game's override folder? Those files are involved in triggering and running that scene.

If you have a newgeneric001.utt or newgeneric003.utt file in your override folder you should remove it since it will cause tons of trouble throughout the game since there are many triggers that use a local template with that name.

ShadowDragon868
04-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I found a_sion_cut2.ncs. No Newgenerics, though of the files these others are similar to what you mentioned:

152_sion_cut.ncs
a_sion_cut.ncs
a_sionspawn.ncs

Should I delete a_son_cut2.ncs, purge my Overrides folder and reinstall all the mods, or what?

jamng
04-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Wanted to thank the modders for this. Very nice. I looked at the pics and they have a Blue Alora lightsaber but it doesn't look like it was included. At least I can't seem to find it in the UTC files or the notes. Did I just miss it somewhere or was it not included?

T7nowhere
04-13-2007, 12:24 AM
^^^ it was not included. Seprithro decided to only include the green and red saber.

jamng
04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
^^^ it was not included. Seprithro decided to only include the green and red saber.

I don't suppose there's any chance of getting the file for a blue saber or directions on how to change one into a blued one? :).

Eefluxx
04-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Wonderful mod T7nowhere :)

I would like to see in the future where you can pick single hilt or doubleblade for the NPC's cause to me it would seem like Bao-Dur would have a double saber and maybe Atton. But then again that is just my preference

2Cold Scorpio
04-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Wonderful mod T7nowhere :)

I would like to see in the future where you can pick single hilt or doubleblade for the NPC's cause to me it would seem like Bao-Dur would have a double saber and maybe Atton. But then again that is just my preference

That'd be cool, but I saw it as a use for the double sabers I don't end up using for my PC (Much like I gave Visas Darth Maul's doublesaber from the Movie Saber Mod, in addition to her USM saber...).

But if you're reading, T7, the above idea would be a good idea for a patch... ;)

Also, someone needs to look into making the k_enter_601.ncs and old_enter_601.ncs files compatible with the Suvan Tam mod. :) I mentioned it in that thread too...lol ^_^ Just a thought...

Jek_Windu
04-29-2007, 10:34 PM
I just returned to playing TSL, and I decided to install the USM. When Kreia joined me, her lightsaber never appeared, and I hadn't had a single drop of anything USM by level 11. I had a crapload of mods installed, so I uninstalled.

After reinstalling, I put in RedHawke's item pack and its booster, and the USM and started a new game. Again, Kreia's lightsaber has made no appearance, while RH's mods are working perfectly. Any help anybody could give would be greatly appreciated.

Darth Kalverys
04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Did you start a new game? If so, then I suppose those two mods conflict... so you'll have to choose between the two of them...

Jek_Windu
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Okay, so I uninstalled the booster pack and started a new game. Still not working, and the only other mod I have on is one specifically listed as compatible. I've reinstalled once, and restarted games 4 times. Any help would greatly appreiciated.

ChAiNz.2da
05-03-2007, 01:26 PM
when you loaded RH's mod... did you happen overwrite USM's upcrystals.2da? (or any other .2da file)... that will cause problems. USM's compatibility depends on you using the USM's version of the .2da files...

Jek_Windu
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Possibly, I'm not sure.

To fix it, do you think it would work if I reinstalled and .2da files from USM?

ChAiNz.2da
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Possibly, I'm not sure.

To fix it, do you think it would work if I reinstalled and .2da files from USM?
If you're using another mod that's in the USM's compatible list, then yeah.. "hopefully" it'll fix it.. (assuming it was a .2da problem) :)

** However, now that I realize.. RH recently made all of (or most of) his mods with the TSL Patcher... sooooo.. if the mod was installed via the Patcher (an .exe file) then no, using USM's .2da files will probably mess things up even worse..

sorry if that sounds confusing...

jamng
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
In this link:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159657&highlight=vrook

It is suggested that USM is the culprit and that I should install it again. Is there a specific file I need to look at for this as I've got a number of other mods installed on top and I'd have to wipe everything and start over.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Maphisto86
05-10-2007, 10:42 PM
This mod does look very cool and I installed it before when I first played TSL. However that game became very buggy and Im not quite sure if I should again. Also not to sound ungrateful but some of the saber hilts are not to my liking but others (like the Atris and Kreia designs) are. One thing that I really would like to install is the bug fixes inherent in this mod. Any way to install the bug fixes only?

Drizzt312
05-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Dude I can't get atton, bao-dur or mira to build a lightsaber Visas built hers just fine but none of the others. I tried on the hawk and off the hawk What going on?

Shem
05-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Dude I can't get atton, bao-dur or mira to build a lightsaber Visas built hers just fine but none of the others. I tried on the hawk and off the hawk What going on?Have you by any chance changed their Jedi class?

Drizzt312
05-28-2007, 07:31 PM
In what way? They are all jedi yes but if you mean alignment change then no the are all lightside

SykoRevan
05-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I think Shem means if you changed what class of Jedi they are through KSE or something. For example, Atton is a Sentinel, but if you used KSE to change him to a Guardian or Consular, then that would most likely be the problem. However, I had the same problem, and I think I remember someone saying that the problem might be another mod that edits dialogue or something, which would make sense since the "padawans" build their lightsaber through talking to them.

Drizzt312
05-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Well i fixed bao-dur's and mira's dialogue but attons still aint working and no atton is still a sentinel but i didn't download any mods that changed the dialogue for atton.

gharidos
06-02-2007, 01:45 AM
how can i get kavar's sabers? i killed him but when i checked the remains, its not there.

EDIT: the loot doesnt appear on the two other jedi masters too but i was able to get the sabers of sion and nihilus.

swfan28
06-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by gharidos
how can i get kavar's sabers? i killed him but when i checked the remains, its not there.

EDIT: the loot doesnt appear on the two other jedi masters too but i was able to get the sabers of sion and nihilus.
If I rebember correctly, the sabers appear directly in your inventory via the script givesaber.nss at the rebuilt enclave if you didn't kill the Masters. I didn't get the sabers on my DS playthrough at all. It seems that they are spawned on the Masters via scripts and do not appear to be droppable.

I also found a bug in the random loot script that makes the player get only stage1 crystals by random loot. This happens because the script uses the same randomly generated number to check if there is loot at all and determine what it is. If there is loot, the number must be less than 10 and only stage1 loot is possible.
int nRoll=Random(100);
if (nRoll<nChance) //checks if there will we loot and if yes, then check which crystal category. (nChange <= 10)
{
if (nRoll<stage1)
{
UsmDarkLoot1();
}

else if ((nRoll>=stage1) && (nRoll<stage2))
{
UsmDarkLoot2();
}

else if ((nRoll>=stage2) && (nRoll<stage3))
{
UsmDarkLoot3();
}

else if ((nRoll>=stage3) && (nRoll<stage4))
{
UsmGeneralLoot4();
}

else if (nRoll>=stage4)
{
UsmDarkRobes();
}
}
This can be fixed by taking another randomly generated number and using it check the crystal category.
int nRoll=Random(100);
int nRoll2=Random(100);
if (nRoll<nChance)
{
if (nRoll2<stage1)
{
UsmDarkLoot1();
}

else if ((nRoll2>=stage1) && (nRoll2<stage2))
{
UsmDarkLoot2();
}

else if ((nRoll2>=stage2) && (nRoll2<stage3))
{
UsmDarkLoot3();
}

else if ((nRoll2>=stage3) && (nRoll2<stage4))
{
UsmGeneralLoot4();
}

else if (nRoll2>=stage4)
{
UsmDarkRobes();
}
}

gharidos
06-04-2007, 07:07 AM
where did you find this bug, in the updated script?

swfan28
06-04-2007, 10:34 AM
where did you find this bug, in the updated script?
The bug is there in both the original and updated scripts.

Darth333
06-04-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll fix it this weekend. There are a few other fixes I wanted to implement long ago too that I'll be adding as well.

Arátoeldar
06-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I'll fix it this weekend. There are a few other fixes I wanted to implement long ago too that I'll be adding as well.

Thank you Darth333. So does this mean you will be completely fixing the random loot system? :eek: That would be a lot of work.

Drizzt312
06-07-2007, 12:45 AM
So Thanks for the lanuage pack it worked wonders!

Was wondering tho if it would be possible for the Npc's to make double bladed sabers?
By way of making more content or whatever or have the Player choose what type of saber single or double was just wondering

love the mod!

gharidos
06-10-2007, 11:03 AM
how do i input the codes to fix the stage 1 crystal bug?

swfan28
06-10-2007, 02:24 PM
how do i input the codes to fix the stage 1 crystal bug?
First, copy the contents of USMrandom_source to a temporary folder and replace the file usm_loot.nss with the one from the updated random loot patch to include the changes made for the updated script.

Open the file and find the routine void Usm_PlaceTreasure(object oContainer = OBJECT_SELF) under the comment "Set planetary and lvl conditions to spawn the USM crystal and robes loot:" near the beginning of the file.

The variables for the routine should look like this:
void Usm_PlaceTreasure(object oContainer = OBJECT_SELF)

{

string sModule = GetModuleName();
string sTag = GetTag(OBJECT_SELF);
string sSub = GetSubString(sModule,3,3);
string sSubTag = GetSubString(sTag,0,7);
int nRoll=Random(100);
int nChance;
int nPCLevel = GetGlobalNumber("G_PC_LEVEL");
int stage1;
int stage2;
int stage3;
int stage4;
Make a new integer nRoll2 by adding the line int nRoll2=Random(100); like this:
void Usm_PlaceTreasure(object oContainer = OBJECT_SELF)

{

string sModule = GetModuleName();
string sTag = GetTag(OBJECT_SELF);
string sSub = GetSubString(sModule,3,3);
string sSubTag = GetSubString(sTag,0,7);
int nRoll=Random(100);
int nRoll2=Random(100);
int nChance;
int nPCLevel = GetGlobalNumber("G_PC_LEVEL");
int stage1;
int stage2;
int stage3;
int stage4;

Then scroll down to the line:
if (nRoll <= nChance) //checks if there will we loot and if yes, then check which crystal category
Leave this line as it is, but replace every other nRoll in this function with nRoll2 like this:
if (nRoll <= nChance) //checks if there will we loot and if yes, then check which crystal category
{
//once more, let's check if we are in a DS area. If yes, then create neutral or DS loot
if ((sSub=="KOR") || (sSub=="MAL" ) || (sSub=="NIH" ) || (sModule == "410DXN") || (sModule == "903MAL") || (sModule == "904MAL") || (sModule == "905MAL") || (sModule == "906MAL") || (sModule == "411DXN"))
{
if (nRoll2<stage1)
{
UsmDarkLoot1();
}

{
UsmDarkLoot2();
}

{
UsmDarkLoot3();
}

else if ((nRoll2>=stage3) && (nRoll2<stage4))
{
UsmGeneralLoot4();
}

else if (nRoll2>=stage4)
{
UsmDarkRobes();
}
}
//once more, let's check if we are in a DS area. If no, then create neutral or LS loot
else if ((sSub!="KOR") || (sSub!="MAL" ) || (sSub!="NIH" ) || (sModule != "410DXN") || (sModule != "903MAL") || (sModule != "904MAL") || (sModule != "905MAL") || (sModule != "906MAL") || (sModule != "411DXN"))
{
if (nRoll2<stage1)
{
UsmGeneralLoot1();
}

{
UsmGeneralLoot2();
}

{
UsmGeneralLoot3();
}

else if (nRoll2>=stage3)
{
UsmGeneralLoot4();
}
}
}

You are now ready to recompile the scripts. Compile the whole USMrandom_source and copy the compiled NCS files and the usm_loot.nss to your KotOR2 override. Overwrite the old files.

That should do it unless I forgot something important...

gharidos
06-10-2007, 11:40 PM
ok im not sure if i was able to do this right...i opened the usm_loot.nss using the kotor tool text editor > changed stuff that should be changed > Script > Script is for kotor 2 > compile > overwrite.

swfan28
06-11-2007, 05:35 AM
ok im not sure if i was able to do this right...i opened the usm_loot.nss using the kotor tool text editor > changed stuff that should be changed > Script > Script is for kotor 2 > compile > overwrite.
usm_loot.nss is the only script you need to modify. Just make sure you have other scripts included in the USMrandom_source in the same folder. Those scripts contain calls for the functions included in usm_loot.nss. See the tutorial how to compile scripts for instructions for compiling multiple scripts.

gharidos
06-12-2007, 05:09 AM
followed what i read from http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143681
but where can i find the recompile multiple scripts?
btw, im using the kotor tool text editor.

The Silver
06-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, hello there, my friends, I'm new here, in fact I only signed up here because of a problem if mine^^
So, I had the problem that the Handmaiden doesn't talk to me when she is in my group or on the Ebon Hawk. She talked to me in the Telos Academy, though....
I got an error message containing this, or someting like it^^: Dialouge error: Conversation contains either an CONTINUE NODE or an END NODE. Please contact a Designer. Or omething like that. This was solved by just removing the USM mod files. Now I can speak and train my Handmaiden...., but I can't use the great USM mod.
If I just reinstall the mod, the samething happens.
Is there a way to get both things to work??
I appreciate every single reply^^

Ohh, by the way, I forgot to mention I'm using a Non-English version of the Game, does that maybe create the problem?? Would be the first time, normally I can run english mods.

Shem
06-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Ohh, by the way, I forgot to mention I'm using a Non-English version of the Game, does that maybe create the problem?? Would be the first time, normally I can run english mods.Well, since there is dialogue files in this mod and they're English based, that could be your biggest problem there because you're replacing the dialogue file from tyour native language to the English language and it's probably not reading something right because of your game language version.

The Silver
06-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, thats one of the things I feared. So there is probaly nothing I can do against it..... *starts swearing in German* ^^... well, thats sad...

tk102
06-15-2007, 10:34 PM
There's a tool for this called the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter available from http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php that should help you patch the English .dlg and .uti files to German.

The Silver
06-15-2007, 10:47 PM
You are kidding me, right?... No??, well than thank you very much tk102, thnak you.
I'll try it out.
P.S. Nice Avatar^^

Edit: Thank you tk102, thank you, it works, I can play on now. Thnaky you again, if I could I would hug you.... ähhmm, wait, no.. i wouldn't^^
Thank you.

Drizzt312
06-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Can I get a copy of the new loot file?

gharidos
06-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Can I get a copy of the new loot file?

darth333 is making it :D

Jek_Windu
06-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Well, I finally managed to get this to work- and it was worth it. I love how personalized and beautiful all the NPC's hilts are.

However, since beating the game sans cheats, I have no qualms about typing myself a new item. To that end, I was wondering what the .uti was to the Type-E lightsaber.

Gavroche
06-22-2007, 03:24 PM
I'd have a question about Atton's hilt. No, I don't have any trouble to make the scroundel build his weapon, actually the problem is that everytime Atton's lightsaber is in my sight, the game "lags". Frames become jerky.
If I use "H" to change Atton's weapons into dual Arkanian Pistols, then the game runs fine, but as soon as his saber appears, it's bugging.
And if I remove Atton from my party but wield the second saber he made, it's lagging too.

So I wondered what's wrong with Atton's hilt model ? (because it's also lagging when the saber is off, though a bit less) Are my graphic options too high to run correctly with it ?

Thanks anyway, because this mod is just great. The "perfect" touch that tSL lacked... It's my third or fourth playthrough and I must admit the "surprises" are great.

(though I hated the fact that I had to convert one-by-one all the .uti into French 0_ô)

ChAiNz.2da
06-22-2007, 03:38 PM
hmmm.. not sure to be honest. It may perhaps be one of the higher poly models in the USM. When you're wielding it, is he (or you) dual-wielding it or is there another version of it elsewhere (maybe a Bao-spawned copy made for your PC)?

Most of the sabers are a bit high(ish) poly than normal, but having several of them on the screen at any given time is bound to make something start cursing you... hehehe

Gavroche
06-23-2007, 06:33 AM
That's what I was thinking ^^ Thanks for the answer. Indeed, it "lags" less when I wield only one saber... So I'll stick with one.

Strey Felidae
07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
I've got a bit of a problem and I'm not even certain it has anything to do with this mod. I've narrowed it down to USM and the Highlevel Force Powers both of which are the only other mods that have been installed when this took place. The problem itself is whenever I reach the part in the Nar Shadda section where Mira goes to the Jek Jek Tar in place of the Exile. After the conversation with Visquis when it goes to the loading screen for the next scene, it loads a bit, and then I get a message from Windows telling me TSL is not responding. This only happens after I install a new mod, and even then it's a bit selective about which mod causes problems. The other mods I've currently got installed are Slender Bodies For Females mod, and the HK Factory Restored mod. It also happened a while back when I installed one the movie style Jedi robe mods, but I can't remmeber which one, and I removed it believing it was the problem. If this doesn't sound anything like something that would about from your just lemme know and I'll move on the next one. Thanks.

T7nowhere
07-09-2007, 06:44 PM
We didn't edit any of the Jekk Jekk Tar Modules, so its very unlikely that it would be USM thats causeing the game to crash.

If you can though, try testing the module without any mods installed, if you do this just make sure that you unequip any custom items from the characters.

If the crash doesn't occure then install one mod at a time until it does start to happen again.

Shem
07-21-2007, 05:40 AM
I thought it was worth mentioning that the popularity of this mod is still going strong. It got its 10,000th download the other day and that happened in just over 7 months on FileFront. It actually got to 10,000 downloads at a faster pace than it ever did at PCGM despite it being a new mod at the time.

Congrats! :D

drewmars07
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I thought it was worth mentioning that the popularity of this mod is still going strong. It got its 10,000th download the other day and that happened in just over 7 months on FileFront. It actually got to 10,000 downloads at a faster pace than it ever did at PCGM despite it being a new mod at the time.

Congrats! :D

Yeah I uninstalled KOTOR 2 and reinstalled to test out some new mods since the TSL Restoration Project is getting (relatively) close to completion.
This mod just blew my mind. I found several others I didn't know about on my first playthrough, but this one is amazing !
Thanks !

zknight121
08-07-2007, 01:31 PM
dude this is the best lightsaber mod in the world

gjpucci
08-30-2007, 04:22 AM
I have read through the thread, and cannot find the answer.. Well I see the question asked a lot, but I don't understand the answers given..

I have just the saber mod downloaded.. I am trying to make all my other guys Jedi Masters but I cannot. They don't have any special chats or anything. I pretty much just have the option to speak with them normally..

Is there a level the player needs to be before I can get them to be a Jedi?

Is there some other program I have to download to make them a Jedi?

Is there something I have to do in game?

I have already built my own lightsaber. The only worlds I have visited are Nal Shadda, Telos, and Pergus.

Help please? :) thanks!

Alexander the Great
08-30-2007, 06:41 AM
You need to get some influence with them, if you haven't done that. As the game progresses and you get more, you'll eventually be able to turn them.

gjpucci
08-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Hrm.. Well I started over.. I had the "skip peragus" mod.. That's the only other mod I had for my KOTOR 2 and I saw some posts stating that it might conflict..

Plus I was being a big a-hole to all the chars so I could be sith rather than Jedi. I didn't really like playing sith because I would always get light side points when I wasn't trying to, and would lose my bonus. At least w/ light side I will be OK.. Oh well.

So I will have to wait until I build my lightsaber again right?

Edit: Another quick question;

Do we need any other mod OTHER than USM to make other chars in my group Jedi? Like Handmaiden, Atton, and Mira?

I have no other mods now on my system, and I am being as nice to all my party members now as I can. I will try on/and off the ship. I will report problems tonight if there are any.. I shoudl get to my Nal Shatta at least tonight... I do that right after Telos.

Hrm, Any other suggestions to get my guys changed to Jedi? Was it the skip peragus that caused it? I noticed that I still had the build lightsaber quest with Bao, and w/ Kreia.. Never seen it before with Kreia though..

Oh well.. I guess I can complain tonight if I still cant convert my party members to Jedi.. I have been waiting for this forever :)

Jason Skywalker
08-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Uhm, dude, you don't NEED USM to convert your party members into Jedi. That function is already in the original game. You only need to have enough influence with them and for some, to have certain thigns to happen. USM only gives you a better variety of saber hilt choices and some other stuff.

gjpucci
08-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Damn... lol..

That's why I didn't see this in the threads.. Thanks! I will work on the rep tonight.

The only thing I hate is Bao-Dur because he gets so far with you, and will just stop talking to you. I guess I should use my players more than just the Jedi.. Usually when playing I just use Jedi, and leave the other players in the stable.

Thanks for the tip! I need to start being nice to my partners eh? :)

darthsax88
09-26-2007, 01:26 AM
I think this mod a great and i really enjoy. i just have one problem. Visas' lightsaber option won't come up. Now i know this is not a first and i am wondering if it is because i used the "skip peragus" mod which gives me a lightsaber from the start and that i used the cheat to get all three components for a lightsaber. it says i completed the quest for "crafting a lightsaber" and i was able to get the handmaiden to construct her own lightsaber so i'm a little confused because it seems the only difficulty i have is with visas
can anyone offer any help or advice?

Darth Balor
09-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I have a problem, on the harbinger the sion script that should give him his new saber and give kreia hers, and have them "fight". The game won't fire the cutscene, and I'm stuck until I remove the mod.

MetalSabre
10-17-2007, 04:58 PM
I have been playing TSL with the USM for months now. While I think you did a great job on this mod, there are some "issues" that I would really like some clarity on. I tried figuring these problems out on my own, but to no avail.

My main problems are that I can't get any of my party members (except Visas) to build their own Lightsabers, and that the Force power lessons you can give your party memebers, after you become a Jedi just won't get any further then the first lesson.
The dialog keeps saying the same "I'll teach you some more when you are stronger" sort of line, even when they are at level 50.

On Filefront, I was directed here by Shem. He said it was possible that these issues showed up because I might have used KSE. But I didn´t.
I read posts on how to have the rest of the party construct sabers, so I don´t really need help with that, but I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do about those Force lessons.

T7nowhere
10-17-2007, 07:24 PM
What are the other mods that you have installed?

Master Niewiedzial
10-18-2007, 02:33 AM
even when they are at level 50.
Man. Even if you make them Jedi at level 50 then theirs levels won't go up I mean it. I had the same problem and I had to start the game again.

T7nowhere
10-18-2007, 03:29 AM
^^ That is a good point.

@MetalSabre, the learning that I added for the padawans is completely dependant on certain scripts being fired. Cheating the npc's levels up bypasses the scripts and so you will never be able to give them training until those scripts are fired.

MetalSabre
10-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Sorry, I should have mentioned I played the game both cheating and "clean".
As for the other mods I have installed...

I already said I played with this mod for some months, and I had many mods installed and removed over these months. But I can give you a list of the mods I played with, with the USM installed, and which mods I currently have installed.

Past Mods:
Black Raven Remake
Blood Saber
Celestial Saber
Darth Traya reskin (can't remember the original name)
Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris
Lady of the Blood Rose (Complete)
Nightingale
The Nagai
Two Piece Undies
Ultimate Sound Mod

Current Mods:
Black Raven Remake
Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris
Nightingale

Most of them are reskins or additional head mods, so I'd be very surprised if this would have anything to do with scripts.
Maybe the Lightsaber retrieval mod has something to do with it.

I re-installed TSL a few weeks ago, it isn't patched.
I hope this info helps a bit.

Obss Damell
10-24-2007, 07:28 AM
ummm..this maybe a spoiler to some ppl so ill place a spoiler tag...
i found the weird datapad with the ''prototype'' saber blue prints. what can i do with them in gods name and how?

Gavroche
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
ummm..this maybe a spoiler to some ppl so ill place a spoiler tag...
i found the weird datapad with the ''prototype'' saber blue prints. what can i do with them in gods name and how?

Wait and see. :p

As soon as you'll have landed on Dantooine, you'll know what it does.

Obss Damell
10-24-2007, 09:25 AM
ive just completed dantooine...wtf >.>

Q
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Look in the landing pad area for anything out of the ordinary (read: something that isn't there in the vanilla game;) ).

As for the certain "teaching" scripts not firing: I've just gotten used to the fact that sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. With all of the mods that I have installed, I just consider myself lucky when they do.

Obss Damell
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
If you have the blueprints, an extra dialogue option will become available for you. Choose carefully as you're only allowed to construct one color before things happen and the blueprints get destroyed. You'll still be able to use the console for the other functions though ""

this doesnt happen forme, the dialogue opstion inst there :( what now?

EDIT "What's your security skill level? It has to be at least 9 or higher (I believe)...

Afterwards, there should be an entry similar to that of "You notice a datapad port/plugin.. yaddayadda" something like that... "

have that too even tried it woth bao-durs lcl 23 security, didnt work

plus i cant get the update no.1 to download. fix?

Obss Damell, I have deleted your "someone please answer!" post as that is 'bumping' and is not allowed here. This is a forum not IM so answers can and will take time, please have patience. -RH

excuse me for being impatient, its just kinda frustrating :S and i want that saber badly. it will not happen again my master *bows*

Commander Thire
10-27-2007, 09:26 PM
dude fantastic mod but i have a request. Could you post a list of the console names of the crystals?

Darth_Eradycus
10-28-2007, 04:45 AM
Check the Read-Me file that came with the mod. If I'm not mistaken, it listed off all of the console id's for each saber and its crystal.

dcinroc
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Check the Read-Me file that came with the mod. If I'm not mistaken, it listed off all of the console id's for each saber and its crystal.

Actually, the Readme doesn't...but one could still copy the names of the .uti files from the USM Override file, since those names = the console id's.

Commander Thire
10-28-2007, 12:06 PM
yea but then theres no way to know which is which

dcinroc
10-28-2007, 02:42 PM
yea but then theres no way to know which is which

Yup.

I went through some of them on an old save game. As far as I can tell, the character specific sabers are usm_lghtsbr200-240, while the general sabers are 100-184 (with many gaps).

Sorry I can't be more specific...hopefully they will post a complete list.

Commander Thire
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
no problem i can just use KSE thanks though

ChAiNz.2da
10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
plus i cant get the update no.1 to download. fix?
The download for Fix 1 seems to be working for me? May want to try again :confused:

However, I'll look into the dialogue to see what is required as far as security skill. I may even take them out or offer a separate download .dlg for those that don't like the requirement. :)

A few questions first though.

1) Are you using the Hi-Tek Assembly Station to try and create the saber. It's the ONLY place you can use the blueprints. It's the workstation/console in the Dantooine landing pad area. This station is spawned by exiting the EH (on Dantooine) so any other scripts that change the area load script will cause the station to not spawn.. so make sure its the HTAS you're using. Just want to make sure as I've gotten a few e-mails of ppl using the wrong console. :)

2) Double-check and make sure you still have the blueprints in inventory. They can be accidentally broken down in-between Telos and Dantooine so just finding them won't guarantee you can make the saber.. you must have the blueprints on you.

3) Check both your Security skill & Computer Use skill.. I can't remember which req. I used :o

I'll check on everything though :)

Saber-Scorpion
11-03-2007, 04:55 AM
hi i just want to be sure that there is nothing wrong with the file i downloaded when i put the override files from the USM there comes a pling sound at 97% and then it ends the loader so is the mod installed then? or does it just not work for me?

T7nowhere
11-03-2007, 08:29 AM
^^ I don't understand. What do you mean "there comes a pling sound". Are you talking about the sound that winrar makes when its finnished extracting? If so then no its not installed. you need to extract the mod and follow the instructions in the readme to install the mod.