PDA

View Full Version : [TSL] USM Released!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Saber-Scorpion
11-03-2007, 08:57 AM
yes that kind of sound well i tried 5 times but it still came the sound but i will read the readme this time even though i had usm last time i played and then it worked great

Obss Damell
11-05-2007, 09:02 AM
The download for Fix 1 seems to be working for me? May want to try again :confused:

However, I'll look into the dialogue to see what is required as far as security skill. I may even take them out or offer a separate download .dlg for those that don't like the requirement. :)

A few questions first though.

1) Are you using the Hi-Tek Assembly Station to try and create the saber. It's the ONLY place you can use the blueprints. It's the workstation/console in the Dantooine landing pad area. This station is spawned by exiting the EH (on Dantooine) so any other scripts that change the area load script will cause the station to not spawn.. so make sure its the HTAS you're using. Just want to make sure as I've gotten a few e-mails of ppl using the wrong console. :)

2) Double-check and make sure you still have the blueprints in inventory. They can be accidentally broken down in-between Telos and Dantooine so just finding them won't guarantee you can make the saber.. you must have the blueprints on you.

3) Check both your Security skill & Computer Use skill.. I can't remember which req. I used :o

I'll check on everything though :)

i checked on all those the first time...and i dont reckon i need any higher than the 32 or so computer & security skill of bao-dur :P

Jedi Excel
11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I got this Mod from http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Saber_Mod;73530

Since it was listed as being updated as of 12-11-06 I was wondering which of the patches on page 1 that version included and which I still need to get it to the best, especially as I see on these pages there was some discussion of editing the drops recently but the patches listed are from 2005.

Great Mod, by the way. It makes the game new again

Edit: First, copy the contents of USMrandom_source to a temporary folder and replace the file usm_loot.nss with the one from the updated random loot patch to include the changes made for the updated script.

Open the file and find the routine void Usm_PlaceTreasure(object oContainer = OBJECT_SELF) under the comment "Set planetary and lvl conditions to spawn the USM crystal and robes loot:" near the beginning of the file.

The variables for the routine should look like this:

[code snipped by Jedi Excel to save space]

You are now ready to recompile the scripts. Compile the whole USMrandom_source and copy the compiled NCS files and the usm_loot.nss to your KotOR2 override. Overwrite the old files.

That should do it unless I forgot something important...
Well it took me three hours to figure out how to edit and compile but I think it worked. I'll test it and let you know how it worked. Since my game just hit level 19 hopefully I will start seeing higher level crystals now

Edit2: Hmm, my experience seems to be that things simply stopped dropping altogether now for the special crystals. I am guessing I did something wrong?

Edit 3: I think it finally started working around level 23, unless the USM program has specific hard drops in the Sith Temple on Dxun as suddenly I began to acquire the J-Crystal, the Type C Crystal and the Hurrikane crystal.

So far, with three Jedi masters slain, their special sabers have all dropped.

Once I finish this version, I will try it again lightside and see how it works in the earlier levels.

Agravaine
11-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I got this Mod from http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Saber_Mod;73530

Since it was listed as being updated as of 12-11-06 I was wondering which of the patches on page 1 that version included and which I still need to get it to the best, especially as I see on these pages there was some discussion of editing the drops recently but the patches listed are from 2005.

Great Mod, by the way. It makes the game new again

also, the links to the patches listed in the OP no longer work.

ChAiNz.2da
11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
also, the links to the patches listed in the OP no longer work.
My bad.. my server pooped on me :o

Links should work now ;)

jedimaster81
12-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Does this mod work with the new update to k2rp or do we have to wait for a new patch.

SD Nihil
12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
With concern to the recent version with the droid planet. The installer says 303NAR.git is missing. I was told that the file only has to do with Nar Shadda's scealed doors. But the problem is, after the open dialog box opens wnating you to locate 303NAR.git all you can do is press cancel or ok. Both stop the installation. How do you get around this?

Update: A fix for the 303NAR.git has been posted. Get it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/73881733/K2RP_Hot_Fix.zip.html

Also there were glitches found that occured after installing the above file. However that was because the installer was run a second time. This time with the fix in it. They're minor and can be fixed easily by re-installing KOTOR 2. However, there was one glitch not was not because of running the installer a second time. The Telos Academy glitch. Please visit the Team Gizka site to get the fix.

T7nowhere
12-11-2007, 01:26 PM
@ jedimaster81, Sorry but I have no idea how compatable USM is with K2RP.

@RA Jeff, wth are you talking about?
Please keep the discussion relevant.

Shem
12-11-2007, 02:09 PM
This mod has hit its one year anniversary at FileFront has currently 18,779 downloads. That's actually at least 2,000 more downloads than it ever got at PCGM during its two year run there. I'm glad to see this mod is still as popular as ever.

GameGeeks
12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
I tried the voicestream replacement (Backed the old one on my desktop first.) and I went and talked to Anton and there was no voice speake and it skipped right to the point where I was given the option of what I wanted to say. Is that suposed to happen. FYI I removed it and put the old one back in.

Jahgro
01-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I had a few questions about this mod. I'm sure they have been answered before, however i am unable to find them.

EDIT: ok i found out it was a mod conflict with HK-Factory Reconstructed mod.

Also i was wondering, at all the cool "character lightsabers" in this mod, how come there is no cool Exile lightsaber? Like maybe the one the Exile lost after he was exiled? Or is there and i just haven't found it yet?

Thanks
-Jahgro

Mattingly
01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I'll echo Jedi Excel: do we need any of the patches from the first page?

I'll fix it this weekend. There are a few other fixes I wanted to implement long ago too that I'll be adding as well.
Did this ever happen? If so, where would I find it?

Also, thanks for designing the mod in the first place. I haven't played the game yet but I'm sure it will help make my first experience more memorable. :)

AnakinSolo2002
01-17-2008, 01:39 AM
can someone please upload the 5 fixes to another site because the site they were on no longer works. thanks. and it think there was another fix talked about recently but i never saw a download. thanks again.

RedHawke
01-17-2008, 01:48 AM
can someone please upload the 5 fixes to another site because the site they were on no longer works. thanks. and it think there was another fix talked about recently but i never saw a download. thanks again.
Just tried the links in the first post in this thread and they work fine. :confused:

AnakinSolo2002
01-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Just tried the links in the first post in this thread and they work fine. :confused:

well i just tried them on my other computer and they worked... lol

some websites don't work on my other computer for somereason. so annoying.

it would really be great though if the las update could be added. it had something to do with the random loot or something, was talked about on the last few pages. thanks.

tobiwl
01-23-2008, 03:13 PM
I have a problem with the construction of my own lightsaber. I'm on Dxun rightnow and have found all parts, but when I talk with Bao Dur first everything is OK but then when the question comes what lightsaber you want to create, the conversacion breaks down. I have allready installed the Updates 1+2+4 but it doesnt help. Neither ddo Iknow how to make Visas construct her own lightsaber. I play a German version, maybe this causes the trouble I dont know. But the rest of the mod works. There is Kreyas saber and I could also change the crystal in Kreyas saber to create another saber, just this stupid conersationerror occures everytime.

Also the sabers with USM crystals have no names in my play, is this normal or part of the Proble?

The convesation error says: "CONVERSTION ERROR: Last Conversatin Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINOUS NODE. Please contact a Designer."

The same Error occures when I talk to T3-M4 since I got the Ebon Hawk, but that doesn't bother me so much.

Edit: I found a dlg converter which may convert the .utc, .uti, .dlg, .mod files to other languages may this solve the problem? But what files I will have to convert? The T3-M4 Problem comes probably from the Droid Planet Mod.

Nynaeve_Onasi
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Have removed usm and problem was solved - in peragus when Kreia joins the team the screen goes black and you can't see where you are going. I tried just the usm by itself and still had the problem, but without the mod installed game runs fine. I'd really like to use it - the mod is great.

AlexandruL
04-12-2008, 05:14 PM
i'm sorry to bring back this thread, and i'm again sorry if this has been asked before, but:

i remember that the usm had a console command that would bring up a dialogue in which you could gain influence with other party members. was i wrong ? is this not in the usm ? if someone can paste that command in here i would be ever so grateful. cheers!

Jefardi
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
i'm having a pretty big problem and i have no idea what is causing it, well i had a my hardrive wiped a while ago, and finally got around to modding KotOR 2 (i didn't do it before) and i did everything it said to do with the installing and its the only mod i have on my KotOR 2 game so far but the game won't launch.....you know anything that could be causing this?

HK-42
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
i'm having a pretty big problem and i have no idea what is causing it, well i had a my hardrive wiped a while ago, and finally got around to modding KotOR 2 (i didn't do it before) and i did everything it said to do with the installing and its the only mod i have on my KotOR 2 game so far but the game won't launch.....you know anything that could be causing this?

Did it launch before you installed the mod? And is this vista?

Darth_Generic
07-19-2008, 03:03 AM
*Accidentally posted on Filefront, before fully reading Shem's really long review*

If this mod is still going to be updated, may I offer my services as a text editor? I can proofread the item descriptions and fix some minor details, like the Dooku hilt's description - ancient Jedi used curved hilts too, not just Sith.

If I could figure out dialog edits, I could check that too. It might improve that aspect of an otherwise absolutely perfect mod. As it is, it's already a permanent resident in my override folder! Instant download/10 on the Filefront rating scale, or an infinity symbol if those are usable there.

If this request is declined, I'll go with that; the mod's good enough as is, and just about everyone on the team is practically a modding legend because of this. And anyway, this is just a canon update and spelling/grammar fix, so it isn't that important.

With all due respect, Darth Generic - Sith Lord in the Background

LazyAmerican
07-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Where exactly do you find alot of the hilts in this mod? I seem to only be able to find padawan and roccarian crystal types...and I am level 20ish or so. I understand that several are either from converting your party members into jedi or getting them off the corpses of other important characters in the game..but there are still other ones that I've never seen in game before that look truly badass. Maybe a mod is conflicting with this? I have both high force powers, start with lightsaber, sith assassins carry lightsabers, and this of course.

RedHawke
07-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Since some of the USM saber crystals are generated using the games random loot script it is random what crystals you get.

swfan28
08-01-2008, 02:00 PM
LazyAmerican wrote:
Where exactly do you find alot of the hilts in this mod? I seem to only be able to find padawan and roccarian crystal types...and I am level 20ish or so. I understand that several are either from converting your party members into jedi or getting them off the corpses of other important characters in the game..but there are still other ones that I've never seen in game before that look truly badass. Maybe a mod is conflicting with this? I have both high force powers, start with lightsaber, sith assassins carry lightsabers, and this of course.There is a bug in this mod's random loot script that has the effect of making only stage 1 crystals and NPC specific crystals available. See page 12 post 448 in this thread for more information and instructions on how to fix this on your own.

LazyAmerican
08-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Where exactly do I go to input those numbers?

ChAiNz.2da
08-02-2008, 02:11 PM
There is a bug in this mod's random loot script that has the effect of making only stage 1 crystals and NPC specific crystals available. See page 12 post 448 in this thread for more information and instructions on how to fix this on your own.

swfan28, or anyone that still has the game & tools installed ;)

If anyone can recompile the fixed loot script, and provide the fixed files (in .zip format) I'll post them in the first post of this thread and host it on my site.

Full credit will go to swfan28 of course, and anyone who can provide me with the recompiled scripts.

Normally I'd do this myself, however I don't have the game, nor tools installed currently. I'm sure (hopefully) someone could provide said fix far sooner than it would take me to do this ;)

However, PLEASE make sure you follow the exact instructions listed in the yellow quoted post. Preferably, or a must rather, that has no other changes that would affect the USM random loot other than what's listed for the patch. Also, please provide the new "usm_loot.nss" source script as well, so others can make possible future changes or adjustment to a 'fixed' base :)

Post #455 also has detailed instructions on what to do.

LazyAmerican
08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I apologize again for my ignorance (I have never created any mods for any games in my life) but I've got the script for the random_loot corrected..I just don't know how to compile it all together. I read the thread here on how to compile scripts...didn't really talk about multiple ones (using the KOTOR tool that is) which seems to be the easiest..or I should say less instructions necessary heh. I just need a real layman's terms step by step breakdown on how to compile the now fixed usm_loot_nss into my game basically and have it all come together.

ChAiNz.2da
08-03-2008, 04:00 PM
August 3rd, 2008
----------------

Author: swfan28

This zip contains the most recent patch to the USM loot scripts, correcting the player getting only stage 1 crystals via random loot bug.

The USM Team would like to give its utmost appreciation and thank you to swfan28, for not ony spotting the bug.. but for providing this very patch to fix it!

Thank you swfan28! The USM Team and all its users are very grateful for your contribution.

Installation:

- Drop all of the files in the "for override" folder (not the folder itself) in your TSL "override" folder.

- Click 'Yes To All' if it asks to overwrite

- For best results, starting a new game is recommended, though not necessary

------------------------------

Source file is included in the "source" folder : usm_loot.nss

For more details about the patch, you can visit : (posts #448 & #455)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149509&page=12

NEW USM loot patch is available! Thank you so much swfan28! :D

I have updated the first post in this thread to update the NEW Update #2 (replaced file).. but for those wanting it now now now... grab it here:

CLICKY! (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/USM_Random_Loot_Patch.zip)

LazyAmerican
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks alot!! I can't stand playing TSL without this mod!

Arátoeldar
08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
NEW USM loot patch is available! Thank you so much swfan28! :D

I have updated the first post in this thread to update the NEW Update #2 (replaced file).. but for those wanting it now now now... grab it here:

Thank you swfan28 for fixing the random loot script.

Thank you ChAiNz.2da for hosing the fix.

LazyAmerican
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Works perfectly now..however I still can't figure out why the breakaway saber option isn't showing up. Is it something only the exile can do? Cause currently my character has no security and a couple computer use...if there is a skill requirement anyone know what it is? Also..something not completely related (maybe?) is the fact that I am only getting 1 component per item no matter who I use or what item I try to breakdown..maybe I just haven't played this in a long time and have forgotten..or perhaps something is up not sure.

ChAiNz.2da
08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Works perfectly now..however I still can't figure out why the breakaway saber option isn't showing up. Is it something only the exile can do? Cause currently my character has no security and a couple computer use...if there is a skill requirement anyone know what it is?
The breakaway builder (Hi-Tek Assembly Station) requires both the blueprint datapad you (hopefully) picked up in the underground military base on Telos' surface, as well as a Repair skill of 9 or higher ;)

Free
08-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Dude I can't get atton, bao-dur or mira to build a lightsaber Visas built hers just fine but none of the others. I tried on the hawk and off the hawk What going on?

I've played Kotor 1 & 2 hundreds of times and its great mods like this one that keep the game fresh fun and exiting to this date.

This is the first time i'm playing with this mod and as you can see i'm new to this forum as well.

I'm having the same problem quoted above. I read thru this entire thread and tried every solution suggested.

at one point I thought it was because I had converted Atton to a Jedi and trained him in the first tier of Jedi abilities before completing the "Build light saber" quest...but I went back to a previous save, completed the quest , THEN converted all my team but I still can't get the others to bulit their lightsaber... the dialog option is there but when I ask to talk about it they just skip over it.
I really want to play the game with this mod.
Does the fact that i'm playing darkside have anything to do with it?

Help please

veridianblade
09-10-2008, 06:45 AM
I always wonder will the TSL patcher ever be used for this?

ChAiNz.2da
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I always wonder will the TSL patcher ever be used for this?
I wouldn't count on it (or wait for it)...
Most issues are solved by installing it (USM) first then other mods afterwards. If people have already started as game or are in the middle of one.. then my best advice would be to use the USM on your next playthrough.

Probably not what anyone wants to hear.. but best I be honest than run anyone through hoops ;)

veridianblade
09-11-2008, 04:59 AM
I wouldn't count on it (or wait for it)...
Most issues are solved by installing it (USM) first then other mods afterwards. If people have already started as game or are in the middle of one.. then my best advice would be to use the USM on your next playthrough.

Probably not what anyone wants to hear.. but best I be honest than run anyone through hoops ;)

Would you recommend using the 2da merger?

ChAiNz.2da
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Would you recommend using the 2da merger?

I'll always recommend using the .2da merger.. it's a priceless tool...but with the USM there's going to be alot more than .2da's to worry about... scripts, dialogues, .uti's, etc.

Depending on what you intend to merge, it could be a piece of cake.. or a headache waiting to happen ;)

Seriously, installing the USM first will take the brunt out of most of the merging woes. Most newer mods use the Patcher which will make it painless.. and the few mods that don't aren't too much on a grand scale to cause sleepless nights (though there are a few)...

lonewolf_kai
09-12-2008, 02:11 PM
does this mod conflict with Ellderon's greatsabre mod? Link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ellderons_Great_Sabers;51631

or with Oldflash's Final Touch mod?

Darth Payne
09-12-2008, 02:50 PM
As far as i know USM does not conflict with Final Touch.

lonewolf_kai
09-19-2008, 09:00 AM
what about ellderon's greatsabre mod?

ChAiNz.2da
09-19-2008, 08:51 PM
what about ellderon's greatsabre mod?

The USM was released before it so the .2da files (upcrystals.2da & baseitems.2da) wouldn't be compatible. You'll need to merge the files and make any .uti edits (if necessary).

The following mods 2da files are compatible with USM:

- Darkkender's Guardian Saber

- RedHawke & Maverick187's Prestiege Class

- RedHawke's Exile Item Pack

- Xcom's SH Crystal Pack

- Shadow's Saber Pack

- Shadow's Odyssey Saber

- Jetstorm's & Darkkender's Lightsaber Crystal Expansion

- Maverick187's Megido & Avenger Sabers

- Maverick187's Jedi W.M. Mav Model

- Darkkender's Segan Wyndh v2 mod

- Darkkender's Painted Droids mod

- Drakonnen's Jedi v Sith Armor Pack

- ChAiNz.2da's Darksword

- The Ossus Keeper's Black Beam Sabers

- Prydeless' Pink Lightsaber

lonewolf_kai
09-29-2008, 11:00 AM
okay, thx for the reply. and love the icon btw!

Ladedada
11-05-2008, 02:49 PM
There seems to be a bug with upgrading some sabers, including some of the short sabers and a few of the double ones (Brianna's or Xia's, etc). Whenever I click the 'upgrade' button the game crashes. Any fixes?

Saber-Scorpion
11-06-2008, 12:50 AM
hi everybody well i wanna thank all of you that made this mod and helped with it in any way one of my personal favourites but i got well not a problem but sort of a request okay there is one saber called goldie wich is my favourite the only problem i don't use short lightsaber so i was wondering if it could be made into a normal lightsaber

DarthParametric
11-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Sure. Just edit upcrystals.2da. There are 15 hilts in USM that are short sabers only (usm_shtsbr_155 to 164 and usm_shtsbr_170 to 174). Just change the longmdlvar column entries for those hilts from **** to the entry in the shortmdlvar column. Not sure which one goldie is, but it will be one of those 15. Pretty sure that should work.

totallyclueless
11-09-2008, 04:47 AM
I crash the game when ever I try to change the color crystal in a hilt from this mod. Is that supposed to happen? even when it is a crystal specifically designated to upgrade that lightsaber.

T7nowhere
11-14-2008, 11:27 PM
@ totallyclueless : I can't say I know what your doing but you can't use a double saber from USM in a single saber hilt. Also if Baseitems.2da is missing that might happen too. Just don't try to put a crystal in the wrong hilt type.

Qui-Gon Glenn
11-15-2008, 03:19 PM
To add to T7's note above, if you insert a crystal into a saber and then see a grenade, STOP DROP AND ROLL.... I mean, stop and do not build the saber any further, replace the correct type of crystal or simply cancel.

In the mod's readme, you will find reference to these issues - you must use the appropriate crystals for the appropriate saber type.

ExarKun423
11-21-2008, 09:17 AM
One of the best mods you can get in TSL imo, adds so much depth and variety, keep up the good work guys!

Schwarzvogel
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
I am also having problems with the "Breakaway" saber. I have the blueprints, have gone to the appropriate place (terminal on Dantooine), but still see no extra options other than the component and medstation. My computer and security skills are currently at 21 for my main character.

DarthVenom6
06-01-2009, 09:41 PM
i don't know what's gone wrong in my case, but this mod is completely broken for me. i only just realized it, quite inconveniently after having played all the way into the middle of nar shaddaa.

i'm not sure if there's any advice you can give me to fix this problem, although i'm guessing if you can i'm going to be forced to restart the game again... oh well.

after re-reading the description of the mod more carefully i realized that the mod was broken pretty much since the game start, since kreia is supposed to start off with a lightsaber. i didn't realize that at first.

maybe i need one of the patches or updates at the top of this thread. which i only just became aware of.

i'm level 13 and i haven't seen one special crystal, although i have found above average loot compared to usual at this point in the game. kreia has no lightsaber and visas has no saber dialog. when i reached the part at which kreia confronts sion on the harbinger long ago, the scene was missing entirely, and kreia remained in my party, forcing t3 out of my party until i left the planet.

so the weird thing is the mod is half-working. i'm gettin some decent loot, and clearly it's doing SOMETHING because the cutscene is missing entirely, rather than showing the cutscene i'm told i should see in which kreia wields a saber against sion.

but again, aside from these small indications of mod presence, i've seen nothing. the new crystals and hilts thereof seem to be nowhere to be found

[Edit]ok i just installed the update patches. ... visa's saber dialog now works, however, it resulted in no saber.

RedHawke
06-02-2009, 02:15 AM
DarthVenom6, this sounds like the main mod wasn't installed correctly... check the readme file and re-install the mod again according to that.

Unfortunately though you would likely have to re-start your game... sorry.

DarthVenom6
06-02-2009, 02:30 AM
yeah i actually came back just now to say nevermind.

i got so irritated i uninstalled everything including the game itself and started from scratch. restarting the game was a must, but that's ok because the mod works now. i concluded that it was conflicting with bits of another mod i had installed.. don't remember which one, but the files involved were superficial and don't really matter to me anymore, so screw it lol.

i just got kreia and her walking stick so it's all good. :thmbup1:

RedHawke
06-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Good to hear! ;)

Caius Fett
06-12-2009, 12:37 PM
All's I have to say is WOW!! Thanks to all who worked on this mod I love it! I hated the look of the standard sabers.

Now if I could just find one like this for the blasters lol.

Kaelin
06-20-2009, 11:13 AM
I have a problem with the construction of my own lightsaber. I'm on Dxun rightnow and have found all parts, but when I talk with Bao Dur first everything is OK but then when the question comes what lightsaber you want to create, the conversacion breaks down. I have allready installed the Updates 1+2+4 but it doesnt help. Neither ddo Iknow how to make Visas construct her own lightsaber. I play a German version, maybe this causes the trouble I dont know. But the rest of the mod works. There is Kreyas saber and I could also change the crystal in Kreyas saber to create another saber, just this stupid conersationerror occures everytime.

Also the sabers with USM crystals have no names in my play, is this normal or part of the Proble?

The convesation error says: "CONVERSTION ERROR: Last Conversatin Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINOUS NODE. Please contact a Designer."

The same Error occures when I talk to T3-M4 since I got the Ebon Hawk, but that doesn't bother me so much.

Edit: I found a dlg converter which may convert the .utc, .uti, .dlg, .mod files to other languages may this solve the problem? But what files I will have to convert? The T3-M4 Problem comes probably from the Droid Planet Mod.

Sorry for necroposting but I have the same problem he has. I hope this thread is still visited! Anyway, I play the Italian version of the game, and since I have installed the USM I can't talk to many of my companions... I have also donwloaded the converter he talks about and my question's the same: what files must be converted?

iZikEn
06-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi, first I want to say Great job on such an awesome mod. I would love to just leave it at a complement but I sadly have a problem. :confused:

the mod went on without a hitch Kreia got her lightsaber, and I was able to get visas saber,and i found a few UMS crystals, but when I go to the work bench none of the crystals I have found are there. just the normal color crystals. and when I tried to mess with kreias saber the game crashed. it is as thou the mod is there and not there at the same time. I think:raise: but im not very good with computer stuff so I might have messed it up myself. i have quite a few mods but they all work fine. I don't think it is a mod conflict, because I can get the crystals and sabers I just cant mess with them on the workbench.but like i said im not very good with computers:eek: so i could be wrong.

any help would be great.

-iZi

juansaman
07-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Sorry for necroposting but I have the same problem he has. I hope this thread is still visited! Anyway, I play the Italian version of the game, and since I have installed the USM I can't talk to many of my companions... I have also donwloaded the converter he talks about and my question's the same: what files must be converted?

Ok, I had the same problem last night. And I found the way to fix it:
Download the Language Converter and look for the character's dlg file are causing the error message to appear (Baodur.dlg, t3m4.dlg, atton.dlg and visasmarr.dlg in my case). Load them in the program and this will fix the problem.

Hurrah!

blahkaw98
07-15-2009, 10:29 PM
I just want to be sure, so I don't screw up anything about it - when installing it, would it work correctly if I just copy-pasted the Override folder from the USM directory into the Override folder in the KOTOR 2 directory? And then copy-pasted the StreamVoice folder from the USM directory into the KOTOR 2 StreamVoice folder? I'm sorry, I'm terribly uneducated when it comes to mods - I just enjoy other people's work.

TriggerGod
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
As long as you don't put the USM folder into a folder inside the Override, it should be ok. You'll have to copy the files of USM's StreamVoice into your game's StreamVoice.

blahkaw98
07-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I have one other question... It said in the readme that RedHawke's Exile Item Pack mod wouldn't conflict with this, but when I enter the Exile's room on the Harbinger, the container he placed isn't there. Should I just reinstall that mod?

I also downloaded another RedHawke mod, the "Mistake Correction Armband" - when you download it, it creates the item, but you have to use the giveitem cheat to get it. I did that, but it gives me a null grenade. Would it conflict with USM if I reinstalled that too?

TriggerGod
07-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I have one other question... It said in the readme that RedHawke's Exile Item Pack mod wouldn't conflict with this, but when I enter the Exile's room on the Harbinger, the container he placed isn't there. Should I just reinstall that mod?

I also downloaded another RedHawke mod, the "Mistake Correction Armband" - when you download it, it creates the item, but you have to use the giveitem cheat to get it. I did that, but it gives me a null grenade. Would it conflict with USM if I reinstalled that too?

First, did you install RedHawke's mods before or after the USM? It would be safe to say that you should put the compatible mods that are listed in the readme after you install the USM.

blahkaw98
07-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I reinstalled those two and so far they're working fine. I have yet to see if USM is still running smooth... one thing that I wondered about... after Peragus, when you're back on the Ebon Hawk, I look through my inventory and can't find Kreia's Walking Stick. Is that a bad sign? Also, when do the USM crystals start appearing in the random loot? I just want to look for signs to make sure it's working fine.

RedHawke
07-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I reinstalled those two and so far they're working fine. I have yet to see if USM is still running smooth... one thing that I wondered about... after Peragus, when you're back on the Ebon Hawk, I look through my inventory and can't find Kreia's Walking Stick. Is that a bad sign? Also, when do the USM crystals start appearing in the random loot? I just want to look for signs to make sure it's working fine.
Yes it is a bad sign, you get Kreia's Walking Stick when she joins the party the first time, now just an FYI but my mods do not use that file so it appears you may have either another mod interfering with that script or when you installed the USM somehow you missed some files.

First, did you install RedHawke's mods before or after the USM? It would be safe to say that you should put the compatible mods that are listed in the readme before you install the USM.
Fixed. ;)

The USM's files are compatible, so you install the others mods on the USM compatibility list first then the USM, or if you do install my mods over the USM when it asks to overwrite the 2da files say no.

blahkaw98
07-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Ok so I got Kreia's walking stick again... I found it with all my other equipment in one of the TSF Detainee Lockers on Telos, and I've found some USM crystals as well. The only problem is that the Mistake Correction Armband doesn't work now. I equip it, but it doesn't show up in the armband slot, where you would usually activate energy shields in-game.

RedHawke
07-29-2009, 02:04 AM
The only problem is that the Mistake Correction Armband doesn't work now. I equip it, but it doesn't show up in the armband slot, where you would usually activate energy shields in-game.
This isn't likely an issue with the USM, but an incorrect installation or another mod. My Armband and USM share absolutely no files...

blahkaw98
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, the only mods I have installed for KOTOR 2 are the Exile Item Pack, USM, and Higher Force Powers 2.0. And the Mistake Correction Armband of course, but that's not working. Do you have any idea how I might fix this?

I'll answer here as this is now off-topic for this thread. The high Level Force Powers sounds like the conflict here, but if that one is stoffe's mod simply install my mod then that one over it as it uses the patcher program. -RH

Darth Cryptic
08-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Ok, bit of Necro posting, but I keep getting an annoying bug:
The train Bao-have him make his saber dialog options don't stick around for me. Either they don't show up at all, or I can train him once and it poofs. Tell him we have things to discuss (saber option) it loops back to the main list of conversation and that option poofs. Never even see the option for him to make a replica of his saber. there a fix to this bug?

Oh, and I'm also not getting the right saber when I cheat in Bao's saber; I get Kreia's walking stick instead. this I can fix easily enough I think, I just need to figure out what to reset the variant # to.

Supernova2000
10-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me. I have a slight problem with my KoTOR 2 but i'm not sure if it's the USM that's the culprit. I'm using quite a few mods besides this one you see. I've just found the 1st workbench on Peragus and I found that the only thing I could upgrade at that point was my armour (minor uniform); none of my weapons appeared in the upgrade list. Any ideas as to what's caused this? If if helps, as well as USM, I'm using the TSL Restored Content mod v1.4, TSL Un-restored Content (final), High Level Force Powers + Improved AI, Prestige Class Item Pack, Jedi Temple (+ expansion) and Kreia's Assorted Robes. Thank you.

Darth Cryptic
10-04-2009, 08:57 AM
It's USM, it and RCM aren't compatible yet.

Supernova2000
10-04-2009, 09:37 AM
It's USM, it and RCM aren't compatible yet.

But in the readme file for the RCM under mod incompatibility, it says "USM will need a patch". I'm sure I installed all the patches, except number 3. Would number 3 work? Or is it an entirely different 1 I need that probably doesn't yet exist?

Besides, I tried loading that save on vanilla after a fresh install and I still ran into that problem, even when I'd deleted all remaining folders afterwards, before the re-install.

Darth Cryptic
10-04-2009, 11:51 AM
They haven't made the patch yet for the RCM-USM as far as i know.

jonathan7
10-04-2009, 12:31 PM
But in the readme file for the RCM under mod incompatibility, it says "USM will need a patch". I'm sure I installed all the patches, except number 3. Would number 3 work? Or is it an entirely different 1 I need that probably doesn't yet exist?

An entirely different one, none of the patches released so far make TSL:CRM compatible with USM - at this moment in time you will have to play with one or the other.

Wolfskin75
10-26-2009, 05:06 PM
is the patch for this that goes with the restor-mod out there?

Ruthless Xero
12-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey, I was just wondering how I would go about changing the color of certain lightsaber blades? More specifically, Vrook's and Vash's. I prefer the having green for Vrook due to him being a consular, and in cut content Vash's lightsaber was intended to be silver. The KotOR Tool won't let me do it, unless I've missed something, and I haven't tried the KSE yet for it. Thanks.

ZimmMaster
12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
is the patch for this that goes with the restor-mod out there?

I am making a patch. It will be compatable with the RCM.

Hey, I was just wondering how I would go about changing the color of certain lightsaber blades? More specifically, Vrook's and Vash's. I prefer the having green for Vrook due to him being a consular, and in cut content Vash's lightsaber was intended to be silver. The KotOR Tool won't let me do it, unless I've missed something, and I haven't tried the KSE yet for it. Thanks.

The quickest way I can think of is to use MDLops and use the replace function;

Open mdlops select "K2" then browse to the model file of Vrook's lightsaber for example (make sure the .mdl and .mdx files are in the same folder) and hit "Read Model" now hit "Renamer" you should see several entries. Four should say something similar to "w_lsabrblue01". Change it to say "w_labregren01". You now have a green blade.

Ruthless Xero
12-07-2009, 05:29 PM
The quickest way I can think of is to use MDLops and use the replace function;

Open mdlops select "K2" then browse to the model file of Vrook's lightsaber for example (make sure the .mdl and .mdx files are in the same folder) and hit "Read Model" now hit "Renamer" you should see several entries. Four should say something similar to "w_lsabrblue01". Change it to say "w_labregren01". You now have a green blade.

Awesome, thanks for the help.

Tobias Reiper
12-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Bah!
Filefront download won't work, Pcgamemods is down, and your page doesn't even HAVE a download link.
Edit: I made a moron moment.
Nonetheless, MOD = GOOD TIMES!

ChAiNz.2da
12-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Bah!
Filefront download won't work, Pcgamemods is down, and your page doesn't even HAVE a download link.
Edit: I made a moron moment.
Nonetheless, MOD = GOOD TIMES!

Just wanted to follow up (I've been out of commission for a bit ;) ). Were you able to find the download link located on my site? Let me know if you're still having probs DL'ing the mod :)

n00b Saibot
03-01-2010, 01:44 AM
First of all, GREAT mod!

I do have a minor problem though: I have several mods in my override and I'm not sure which caused it but now ALL my green, yellow, cyan, and viridian blades are distorted. The other saber colors are fine but these (in any model hilt) saber cores are showing their proper colors but the animation of the blade itself is badly distorted.

I replaced ALL the files from the USM with a fresh install and this is still happening...any ideas why? Better yet, how would I use KT to extract the originals and replace the sabers n game with the uncorrupted original sabers?

Rtas Vadum
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
First of all, GREAT mod!

I do have a minor problem though: I have several mods in my override and I'm not sure which caused it but now ALL my green, yellow, cyan, and viridian blades are distorted. The other saber colors are fine but these (in any model hilt) saber cores are showing their proper colors but the animation of the blade itself is badly distorted.

I replaced ALL the files from the USM with a fresh install and this is still happening...any ideas why? Better yet, how would I use KT to extract the originals and replace the sabers n game with the uncorrupted original sabers?

You might want to simply find the blade textures that USM provides, and see if they have problems. If you have Windows, you should be able to sort the files in the override by type(though the right-click menu), and also in groups. Then find the ".tga" extension files, and look for any named
"w_lsabrexxxx.tga"(the xxxx would be were a color name is)

nsinger998
03-19-2010, 06:19 PM
I have interesting problem with the padawan saber. the black lines on the base are transparent exposing the t7_chrome underneath or something like that.
anyone know what could cause things to become transparent?

ZimmMaster
03-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I have interesting problem with the padawan saber. the black lines on the base are transparent exposing the t7_chrome underneath or something like that.
anyone know what could cause things to become transparent?

when the txi file for the texture does not have the cm_baremetal entry.

nsinger998
03-20-2010, 08:57 PM
so the txi can have 2 entries? because it has a txi but it only has the t7_chrome entry.
what should I put in the txi?

ZimmMaster
03-21-2010, 04:26 PM
so the txi can have 2 entries? because it has a txi but it only has the t7_chrome entry.
what should I put in the txi?

I would first recommending a backup of the file just in case it does not help. But you must add the entry: envmaptexture CM_baremetal

nsinger998
03-21-2010, 10:55 PM
you mean like this: envmaptexture T7_chrome envmaptexture CM_baremetal

I've tried that and the end just looks silver and stuff

ZimmMaster
03-22-2010, 07:17 AM
you mean like this: envmaptexture T7_chrome envmaptexture CM_baremetal

I've tried that and the end just looks silver and stuff

No, do not change the first entry. Simply press ENTER/RETURN on your keyboard after the t7_chrome entry then you put in the CM_baremetal entry. Here is what it should look like:

t7_chrome
CM_baremetal

nsinger998
03-22-2010, 03:31 PM
thankyou so much!

nope, didn't work. the black bars on the bottom are transparent. I can see threw the tube.
you sure you can put two entries in the txi?

ChAiNz.2da
03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
nope, didn't work. the black bars on the bottom are transparent. I can see threw the tube.
you sure you can put two entries in the txi?

Did you overwrite/change your baseitems.2da that came with the USM? If you've made any changes to it (by other mods added afterwards) then that can cause problems unless the mods use the Patcher.

T7's .txi files shouldn't have to be changed, unless your video card doesn't like the shader. However you need to make sure the T7_chrome texture shader exists in your override (as it's custom).

If your video card doesn't like the custom shader then change the .txi "T7_chrome" entry to "chrome1" and save the file.

envmaptexture chrome1

nsinger998
03-22-2010, 04:02 PM
the chrome texture wasn't the problem. the problem is that its not using the cm_baremetal entry like it should. the black becomes see thru

oh, what should I look for in baseitems.2da?

ChAiNz.2da
03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
the chrome texture wasn't the problem. the problem is that its not using the cm_baremetal entry like it should. the black becomes see thru

oh, what should I look for in baseitems.2da?
It's not using a cm_baremetal shader based texture, it's using a custom shader T7 created (T7_chrome). If your card is having problems with said shader, cm_baremetal isn't going to help you out. Well, it will, however it will make the ends all silvery much like you described ;)

change T7_chrome to chrome1 and see if that helps. The shaders are very similar and may give you better results depending on your card.

As far as baseitems goes, scratch that... going from memory and that's usually the default trouble area. I don't think it will affect your problem. Sorry about that, my bad... hehe

ZimmMaster
03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry I was unable to solve your problem. I had encountered this problem myself and used the edit I mentioned above to solve my problem. But it looks like ChAiNz has things covered.

nsinger998
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
@zimm: funny enough, it seemed to work, but then I went to a different planet and the problem seemed to return.

t7_chrome works fine as does chrome1. used on its own in the txi the saber becomes all shiny on the end.

my txi looks like this:

default: envmaptexture t7_chrome

suggested: t7_chrome
cm_baremetal

add in cm_baremetal and its not shiny but the black lines are see thru.

is it possible I have a bad file? perhaps the wrong shade of black was used? I've heard that one shade of black is designated for when you want stuff to be transparent.

EDIT:
okay,

envmaptexture anything
gets the bottem looking okay but the black strips are white
without envmaptexture gets the invinsible black lines effect.

is it possible the wrong shade of black was used? as I said before, I remember reading somewhere that one shade of black is used for transparency.

EDIT:
any ideas?

Darth Crados
03-29-2010, 08:30 AM
This might sound like a stupid question, but the only way of creating the lightsabers is trough Bao-Dur? Every time I use the workbench to upgrade the sabers, the color cartridge is blank (attempts of changing it results on game crash) and even if I have, for example, a rocarian crystal and a normal doublesaber, I can't use the rocarian crystal on that doublesaber.
Is something wrong here, or it's just me who didn't quite understood how this mod works?
(BTW, I'm using the RCM, and installed the USM with Stoney's patch)

Phildevil
03-29-2010, 10:05 AM
This sounds like a bad install.

ChAiNz.2da
03-29-2010, 10:53 AM
This might sound like a stupid question, but the only way of creating the lightsabers is trough Bao-Dur? Every time I use the workbench to upgrade the sabers, the color cartridge is blank (attempts of changing it results on game crash) and even if I have, for example, a rocarian crystal and a normal doublesaber, I can't use the rocarian crystal on that doublesaber.
Is something wrong here, or it's just me who didn't quite understood how this mod works?
(BTW, I'm using the RCM, and installed the USM with Stoney's patch)

This sounds like a bad install.

Agreed. If it's crashing at construction, there might be a problem with your upcrystals.2da or baseitems.2da files. Make sure any mod you installed afterwards didn't overwrite said .2da files (unless specifically made to do so such as a compatibility patch).

Darth Crados
03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Agreed. If it's crashing at construction, there might be a problem with your upcrystals.2da or baseitems.2da files. Make sure any mod you installed afterwards didn't overwrite said .2da files (unless specifically made to do so such as a compatibility patch).

Well, then I must have a problem with the download. Because, if i recall right, even when I did install USM without any other mod conflicts (as a matter of fact, the installation with the USM/RCM patcher gave 0 errors, after unninstalling TSL, re-innstalling, the 1.0b patch and the TSLRCM) and I still could only use Bao-Dur to build the lightsabers.
This may sound weird, but it is true. Is there any relation between player level, or a quest, before you can build the sabers at a workbench? (I used KSE to get some of the crystals and warped to the first workbench in-game to try to create the sabers and not only I couldn't build the sabers, as also the green negotiator caused the game to crash...) :|

ChAiNz.2da
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Is there any relation between player level, or a quest, before you can build the sabers at a workbench? (I used KSE to get some of the crystals and warped to the first workbench in-game to try to create the sabers and not only I couldn't build the sabers, as also the green negotiator caused the game to crash...) :|
Shouldn't be any that I'am aware of? :giveup:

Have you applied Updates #1 & #4 located in the first post of this thread?

USM --> USM updates #1 & #4 --> any other mod and/or compatibility patches

Darth Crados
03-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Shouldn't be any that I'am aware of? :giveup:

Have you applied Updates #1 & #4 located in the first post of this thread?

USM --> USM updates #1 & #4 --> any other mod and/or compatibility patches

Well, like i said (in order of installation):
- un-installed TSL
-re-installed TSL
- obsidian patch 1.0 b
- HQ movies patch
- Installed the TSLRCM
- Installed USM with the TSL/RCM compability patch, using the 4th update (I haven't used the first one because from what i understood, it messes with the dialog files, which were the main cause of incompability between USM and RCM. To end that, Stoney created a patch to install the USM, and the .dlg files are patched, to prevent incompability issues.Speculation:it is possible that by using the first update, it will breed incompability between the mods.)- And it still had the matters referenced above.
Hell, i don't know what else can I do, besides stop playing TSL xD

ChAiNz.2da
03-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm not familiar with the TSLRCM and it's installation methods, so forgive my ignorance... but have you tried installing the USM first, then the TSLRCM and it's USM compatibility patches?

Or is that a no-no with the TSLRCM mod?

Darth Crados
03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not familiar with the TSLRCM and it's installation methods, so forgive my ignorance... but have you tried installing the USM first, then the TSLRCM and it's USM compatibility patches?

Or is that a no-no with the TSLRCM mod?

Well, quoting the Readme for the patcher:
IMPORTANT NOTE! THE INSTALL WILL FAIL IF THIS IS NOT DONE FIRST!
You first need to download the Ultimate Saber mod from here http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Saber_Mod;73530 then copy and paste all the files from within the USM_mod’s Override and Streamvoice folders (just the files not the folders) into this patcher’s tslpatchdata folder (IMPORTANT NOTE! DO NOT LET IT OVERWRITE ANY FILES ALREADY WITHIN THE tslpatchdata FOLDER) THEN JUST RUN THE .EXE FILE. Only install this patch “AFTER” installing TSLRCM.
I did that, and it still doesn't work :¬:

ChAiNz.2da
03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Bummer :(
Not sure what else to tell ya'.. I'm at a loss.

I haven't played k1/TSL in years now.. and my mod compatibility troubleshooting skillz have been rusting ever since :xp:

Anyone else with any ideas?

Phildevil
03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Hum, if I may...

TSL RCM is a mod that restores loads of cut content. Made by Stoney and Zbyl2 with the help of many people, its purpose it to make the game feel like what bioware would have done if they hadn't been rushed.
http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/

Now, Stoney wanted one of the best mod ever (USM) to be compatible with his. So he did a patch that would allow to install both. Here's how it works:

1) install TSL RCM mod
2) take all the files in the USM override folder and drop 'em in the tslpatchdatafolder of his patcher but don't let-it replace any files
3) add the sound files (not the folders) in the same tslpatchdata...
4) run his patcher

However, what I don't like about his patcher is that it doesn't specify how to get the patches you aforementionned. Would you have an idea?

PS: lol, someone wrote before me :D

ChAiNz.2da
03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
However, what I don't like about his patcher is that it doesn't specify how to get the patches you aforementionned. Would you have an idea?
Unfortunately no :( Since I'm not familiar with said patch.

Sounds like it might be a question for Stoney to be honest. However, what I would try ( *I* being the keyword as I have no qualms about screwing up my own system. Buyer Beware. :xp: )

* - Do this in a desktop folder, not override or tslpatchdata (just yet)

- DL the USM mod and the patch(es) #1 (optional) & #4
- Drop the patch files in the appropriate USM folders (overwrite)
- NOW, drop those (patched) files into the TSL RCM compatibility tslpatchdata folder making sure not to overwrite.

* - Now, proceed as normal to install

- Drop the USM sound files in to the TSL RCM tslpatchdata folder
- RUN the patcher normally.

Now, of course, if everyone has already tried/done this.. I'm not sure what else to do. Nor am I sure this would work. It depends on what files Stoney configured the patcher for. It might not be written for patched files :giveup:

DarthStoney
03-30-2010, 11:40 AM

Sounds like it might be a question for Stoney to be honest. However, what I would try ( *I* being the keyword as I have no qualms about screwing up my own system. Buyer Beware. :xp: )

- NOW, drop those (patched) files into the TSL RCM compatibility tslpatchdata folder making sure not to overwrite.

Now, of course, if everyone has already tried/done this.. I'm not sure what else to do. Nor am I sure this would work. It depends on what files Stoney configured the patcher for. It might not be written for patched files :giveup:

I didn't even realize USM had some updates:argh:but I checked them and the only update to not use is #1 (the updated BaoDurr and Visas.dlg's),all the other ones you can just drop in your override folder(allowing them to overrite any files) after installing TSLRCM and the compatibility patch/installer for USM.
I'll have to go back merge the Newest USM dlg for Bao and Visas with TSLRCM's.

Darth Crados
03-30-2010, 12:25 PM

Well, I'll re-download the USM, just in case, do your procedure and then I'll report here if it did work. I think I'll try to uninstall TSL, install the patches and only the USM, use KSE to get a crystal and a saber, warp to the first workbench, and see if that way the bench thing works, just in case. If it doesn't work, hell, I give up and the problem is mine xD.

I didn't even realize USM had some updates:argh:but I checked them and the only update to not use is #1 (the updated BaoDurr and Visas.dlg's),all the other ones you can just drop in your override folder(allowing them to overrite any files) after installing TSLRCM and the compatibility patch/installer for USM.
I'll have to go back merge the Newest USM dlg for Bao and Visas with TSLRCM's.

Well Stoney, first of all, congrats to you and the team for RCM. You deserve high praise for that. Just a matter though: I believe that some people (besides me) are having an issue in which the single-bladed sabers can't be built through Bao-Dur and Visas can't have her own custom built. I don't know much about modding, but it seems that is an dialog caused issue... just my opinion.
Well, let's see if i can get this to work.

DarthStoney
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Well Stoney, first of all, congrats to you and the team for RCM. You deserve high praise for that. Just a matter though: I believe that some people (besides me) are having an issue in which the single-bladed sabers can't be built through Bao-Dur and Visas can't have her own custom built. I don't know much about modding, but it seems that is an dialog caused issue... just my opinion.
Well, let's see if i can get this to work.

It's more than likely an issue with the dialogs BaoDurr's was really hard to figure out and there is a good possibilty I missed something or typed in the name of a scipt wrong.

Darth Crados
03-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, I've uninstalled TSL, and figured out what the problem was. After unninstalling everything, I used regedit to delete all data regarding TSL out of my computer.
After that, reinstalled everything, installed only USM, and i finally was able of producing the sabers on the bench.
Unninstalled, reinstalled, installed the RCM (strangely, the installer didn't work. had to use the TSL patcher version.), installed the USM with Stoney's patcher, and it works.
Problem solved, it seems I'm going back to this game again xD
Thank's a lot for the support guys ;)

deathdisco
03-30-2010, 05:31 PM
The USM version that's on filefront is supposed to include all the patches.
From the description/review:
All the necessary patches are included with this mod release. Also, please read the readmes for instructions on how to use this mod to save time on questions. Thanks!

Obss Damell
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
this mod has enhanced my playing experience and made me install and play it again. great kudos!

mark2000
07-15-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm not sure if this is suppose to be a problem but I'll share this just in case:

Long story short, due to the file descriptions here and at filefront, I'm under the impression that I can choose what hilt I can use during the last stage of the saber crafting quest and when asking Bao-dur to make more sabers later. That wasn't the case apparently when I reached that part of the game since I can only choose standard crystals during crafting which instantly gives me default sabers afterwards.

I can't say that mine is broken though since Kreia has the walking stick, I'm still getting the USM crystals in loots and placing them in existing sabers when using the workbench does give me unique hilts, and the workshop/lab terminal in dantooine runs properly.

So I don't really know what to say, honestly. Am I missing something here or are things really working out properly?

I'm still not sure about the part where I can make my companions craft their own sabers though since I haven't reached that yet.

gasgallery
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
No that's what happens with me as well, mark2000. I also can't seem to make Visas make her own lightsaber, annoyingly, and Darth Sion and Nihilus don't use their lightsabers (although they do drop them). Does the terminal on Dantooine only serve to make that one lightsaber I found the schematic to in the military base on Telos or are there other uses?

Other than that I have to say... I used to be quite snobby about this mod because of all the compatibility issues it seemed to create, but it really has added to the experience SO much. Kudos indeed.

mark2000
07-15-2010, 11:58 PM
I also can't seem to make Visas make her own lightsaber

Well what I did for that one was I used the globalcat.2da from the backup folder of the TSLRCM_USM compatibility patch and that fixed my problem with Bao-dur. I then used the visasmarr.dlg from the update #1 in the first post of this thread and that fixed Visas Marr for me.

I haven't checked with my other companions though since I'm not that far into the game yet.

Edit: I seem to have some trouble with talking Mira into making her lightsaber. The dialogue simply cuts off after she says something like "all I need is my rocket launcher.." and no lightsaber is made but when I talk to her again, the game assumes that she already made her first saber and I can only ask her to make a second one.

I'm doing this while inside the Ebon Hawk by the way.

Darth_Calo
07-30-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but in my game I have USM and a couple other mods installed. when I try to upgrade USM sabers, the color crystals don't work properly. They're not there. trying to remove it results in a crash.

EDIT: the uti's for the crystals ARE there, but the crystals don't show up in my upgrade menu. is this related to itemcreate.2da (which wasn't included in the download) or baseitems.2da (which I did install another mod that effects it, but it was the Republic Uniforms for K2 by JC, so in theory USM shouldn't be effected)?

T7nowhere
08-06-2010, 02:42 AM
is this related to itemcreate.2da (which wasn't included in the download) or baseitems.2da (which I did install another mod that effects it, but it was the Republic Uniforms for K2 by JC, so in theory USM shouldn't be effected)?

Yes.

We chose not to make models for each Lightsaber type so we created new Crystals in baseitems.2da.

I'm not familar with Republic Uniforms mod but I'm thinking it might be easyer to use the USM baseitems then edit it for the other mod. Or choose one mod.

bunjeeman
10-29-2011, 02:38 AM
Hey, I have encounterred a rather frustrating problem with this mod:
I followed the installation instructions (copy from Over and Stream to TSLpatcher) and it works well, except for when i try to go to malachor to finish the game. What happens is, the RCM scenes play, but when Kreia/Traya is supposed to choke Sion, the screen goes to black, the diolouge plays, cuts after the 'your power is as meaningless as my hand' line, goes to the arrival-at-malachor crash movie, cuts back to Traya and Sion finishing their lines, then leaves me with a black screen, a blank white map that says 'trayus core', and absolutely nothing to do about it.
Before anyone asks if I am sure if it is the USM mod, yes, I am sure. I uninstalled the mod, and the game worked fine.
Please, please, help. I am very excited by the 'everyone-gets-their-own-saber' aspect of this mod, and I would be quite saddened if I could not use it like everyone else (good gravy, I sound ifantile...).

ChAiNz.2da
10-29-2011, 05:29 AM
I followed the installation instructions (copy from Over and Stream to TSLpatcher) and it works well, except

USM doesn't use TSL Patcher. Are you using USM in conjunction with the TSLRCM or other mod :confused:

Malachor bug happens when using USM/TSLRCM patch 1.6 + TSLRCM 1.7 * I believe *

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/17-usm-compatibility-patch-for-tslrcm/

noobsaibot
01-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Im having a problem im not able to make a custom lightsaber with the mod the build a lightsaber quest is finished before i can even get the parts. :mods used tsl restored content mod ultimate saber mod dual wielding mod ultimate sound mod

damian622
02-13-2013, 04:35 AM
Is it possible to play USM along RCM yet? Or, at least, give unique NPCs unique swords?