PDA

View Full Version : [TSL] USM Released!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

T7nowhere
07-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok since the Original thread was lost thread was lost :( this is a repost so that we can trouble shoot any of the mods problems in a single thread and post updates as we make them. As such you can find all of this mods updates and patches at the end of this post.

Ultimate Lightsaber Mod(USM) for TSL

Created By: ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere.

Please Read the README for installation instructions

USM Direct Download (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/13275/USM_Released.rar) This mod weighs in at 22MB

USM Saber Pic Gallery (http://gallery147761.fotopic.net/c458029.html)

Alternate USM Download Site @ FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Saber_Mod;73530)

Alternate USM Download Site @ JumpStationZ (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM.htm)
__________________________________________________ __
This mod is in no way shape or form endorsed by LucasArts OR Obsidian Entertainment.Use entirely at your own risk.

This mod may only be hosted at the following websites:
pcgamemods.com and Lucasfiles unless permission is given by the USM team to host on other sites.

Yes thats right The Ultimate Saber Mod is finally released. Its taken us MUCH longer than we originally thought(3 months), but hey these things happen ;)

About USM: The main focus of this mod is the 36 New lightsaber hilt models, which have been integrated into TSL. The majority of the lightsaber models also come in 5 color variants. Due to the number of New unique lightsaber models we could not make them be useable in all the colors that the normal game sabers have, but the base colors are available and several of the lightsabers have new unique colors.

It should be noted this mod is not intended to give you the player a lightsaber from the start of the game, but instead to enhance what is already there. The player will have the choice of building one of the several new hilts as part of the Lightsaber quest, this is of course on the condition that you have one of the new Color crystals already in your inventory. Don't worry they will be available by the time you have all the lightsaber parts to build your first saber. The lightsaber crystals are integrated into the random loot generation.You will also be able to find fully built Lightsabers at certain areas of the game. Additionally after the Lightsaber quest is complete Bao-Dur will be able to build the New USM lightsabers provided you have 1 usm crystal, 1 default game hilt and 900 credits for parts.

The NPC's that are trainable as Jedi will also build their own lightsabers after the initial training. Additionally Kreia will join your part with her own custom lightsaber and Visas will build a new one after you destroy hers.

All of the important Jedi and Sith NPC's In the game will also be sporting there new Lightsaber hilts. Among those are: Master Kavar, Master Vash, Master Vrook, Master Zez-Kai Ell, Atris, Darth Sion, and Darth Nihilus. Additional: Darth Nihilus has also been Pumped Up and he now has a few new tricks up his sleeves.

There are also a few new nice surprises to be found ;)

Due to the way lightsabers work in TSL you will not be able to use the USM crystals in the same manner that you could with the normal Color crystals. So you will not be able to use Double bladed lightsaber crystal in a normal single or short sabers. Think of them like a key to unlocking the new hilt models. If you do place a USM crystal in the wrong Lightsaber type it will turn into what looks like a grenade, So simply hit the cancel button and not the assemble button to return your lightsaber to normal.

Positive side effect: As a side effect of making this mod a few game bugs were discovered and have been fixed. Most of them are minor.

-Entering the Hidden Jedi enclave on Telos: When entering Handmaiden will tell you to "Lay down your weapons and you shall not be harmed." If you choose the LS reply option "All right - we mean no harm." then it would end the dialog and the story would be dead. You can now choose this reply and the story will proceed to the next plot point in the game.

-Bao-Durs Bad dream about Malachor V, One reply option would end the dialog prematurely. The Reply is now linked to the proper entry.

-Disciples intro Dialog that happens in the enclaves sub level. If Disciple doesn't join you he says he will leave and meet you at Khoonda, But at the end of the dialog he just stands there like a moron so I added a script to the dialog that makes him run out of Khoonda.

-Another that is related to the one above is when you arrive back at khoonda If the global is not set to make carth be the Republic admiral then Disciple will talk to a wall( this really annoyed me as I didn't know what the hell was going on in that scene the First time I played TSL). Now he will be talking to the alternate Admiral that you see if Carth is not the Admiral.

-Fixed Visas marrs Bugged Forcesight dialog, it turns out if you don't ask her "How do you see through the Force?" as soon as you see the option Then you can't ever ask it again because that reply is attached to a string that would be cut off from the main dialog string. So I linked it to her main dialog node. so now you can ask her even if you didn't right away.

-The Dialog with the 3 Jedi Master near the end of the game. One of Kavar's sentences was spoken by Zez, a reply was broken and near the end of the scene Vrooks Lightsaber would not ignite when it should have been.

Credits

Artists: ChAiNz.2da, Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere.

ChAiNz.2da:
Xia Terashai's Short Saber
Disciple's "Agenda" Lightsaber
Segan Wyndh Long Saber
Zez-Kai Ell's Double Saber
BA-122 Prototype Double Saber
------------------------------------------
Seprithro:
Darth Nihilus' Lightsaber
Master Vrook's Lightsaber
Darth Sion's Lightsaber
Type-S Short Lightsaber
Type-G Short Lightsaber
Type-J Lightsaber
Type-E Lightsaber
Alora-sor-Dana's Lightsaber
svösh:
Brianna’s Balance
Negotiator
Type A Lightsaber [aka ani’s ep2]
Type B Lightsaber [aka Yoda’s ep2]
Type C Lightsaber [aka Dooku’s ep2]
Darth Bandon's saber
Kreia's walking stick
Master Vash's Harmony
Atris' Master Prism
Master Kavar’s Shield
Master kavar’s Prize
Visas’ Hope Of Katarr
Death Mask
T7nowhere:
Blood of Malevolence
Darth Malak's Lightsaber
Stylized Exar Kun Lightsaber
Rocarian Double-Bladed Lightsaber[aka Darth Mauls Lightsaber Ep1.]
Padawan Lightsaber[aka. Lukes Skywalkers Lightsaber ANH]
Jedi Master's Lightsaber[aka. Mace Windu's Lightsaber AotC]
Jedi Knight's Lightsaber[ aka. Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber ANH]
Traditional Jedi Knights Lightsaber[aka. Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber Ep.1]
Atton's Lightsaber
Bao-Dur's Lightsaber
Mira's Lightsaber

Scripting, 2da editing and Item placement: ChAiNz.2da, Darth333 and T7nowhere.

ChAiNz.2da: BA-122 Prototype Double Saber Mini quest. Edited and combined Upcrystals.2da and baseitems.2da to be compatible with as many other mods as possible.

Darth333: Random loot script that is intergrated into the games normal Random loot ,generation and debugging.

T7nowhere: Gameplay intergration: Script writing, Sith and Jedi Master Lightsaber replacement, Dialog editing, debugging.
Play testing: Colma Adawin(Formally known as MattColejk), maverick187, Mono_Giganto, RedHawke, Seprithro ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, svösh, tk102.

Special Gratitude goes out to our play testers Colma Adawin(Formally known as MattColejk), maverick187, Mono_Giganto, RedHawke tk102 for their helpful feedback and bug finding.

A very Special Thanks goes out to cchargin who made it Possible for us to make new lightsaber hilts for use in TSL, tk102 for His assistance in debugging, and for all his very useful utilities for which we all could not mod KotOR and TSL with out, Fred Tetra for his continued support of KotoR tool(aka. KT) another tool us modders could not live without, Xcom, Envida, and Of course stoffe -mkb- for their excellent Scripting knowledge, scripts and assistance.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Terms of use

This mod may not be re-upload to any other website besides LucasFiles.com and pcgmamemods.com Unless permission to do so is given by the USM mod Team. This means you guys at Kotorfiles :p

You may alter the contents of this mod in anyway you see fit for your personal use only.

You are not allowed to use any of this mods resources in other released mods without express written consent of the USM modding team.

The source scripts are there for modders and can be used freely.
__________________________________________________ __Finally thanks to all those people that supported us and have been eagerly awaiting this mods release.

USM UPDATES

Update 1: Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/baodur_BA_dlg_fix.rar)
This .rar contains updated dialogs for ba_build.dlg, baodur.dlg, visasmarr.dlg. Minor bug fixes in all three files but you should still download and install.

Update 2: Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/USM_Random_Loot_Patch.zip) NEW - as of Aug. 3rd, 2008
This zip contains the most recent patch to the USM loot script, this should also be installed. Thanks again to swfan28 for spotting and correcting this bug.

Update 3: (please read the instructions below to determine if you need this file, this is a mod compatibility patch.): Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/USM_Patch1.02.zip)

Depending on which mod you are using, drop one of the following files in your override folder:

- for Envida's complete mods, install the k_enter_601.ncs file located in the folder named Envida (k_enter_601.nss is provided for reference purpose only)

- for Darth333's Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors, install the k_enter_601.ncs file located in the folder named Darth333 (k_enter_601.nss is provided for reference purpose only)

If you happen to have both my mod and Envida's mod installed, the install my mod first and then Envida's. When prompted to replace the k_enter_601.ncs file, click yes)

(do not try to install both files as they will overwrite each other)

Update 4: Updated "upcrystals.2da". Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/USM_Update_4.zip)
Thanks to JacenPrime for catching this! :D

ATTENTION! To People using USM & Darkkender's Color Mods,
and Shadow's Saber Mods and the Odyssey Saber

In the Upcrystals.2da files, rows 41-56, which are files u_l_colo_*number*, they are listed as u_i_colo_*number* and rows 46-55 are listed u_i_color_*number* therefore explainng the problem.

Update 5:Compatability fix for stoffe -mkb- Handmaiden for female PC's and USM. By rgdelta
Only download this if you want to use both mods. Install instructions are in the readme included int he rar. Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/handm4fempc_USMfix.rar)

The_Maker
07-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Well, in my opinion it is worth every megabyte of space on my hard drive :D

Excellent work.

Emperor Devon
07-11-2005, 04:23 PM
I now it's unlikely, but is it possible to get this to work in KOTOR 1? The sabers in that just look terrible now.

General Kenobi
07-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Well alright T7 I thought I'd post you an update on my purple Windu saber problem I was having a few back. It was indeed the patch I missed installing that was my prob. The Bao Dur patch I mean. Just thought I'd follow up on that with you.

Sorry to hear all of those valuable posts were lost in the old version of this thread. (wondered why my post number got cut in 1/2)

I only hope some of the more important ones with heavy tutorial info in them didn't get wiped as well. ;)

DM

Lorden Darkblade
07-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by The_Maker
Well, in my opinion it is worth every megabyte of space on my hard drive :D

Excellent work.
I agree with you 110% :p :D :cool:

Achilles
07-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Do I need to install each update independently or does Update 3 include files from the other two?

T7nowhere
07-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Do I need to install each update independently or does Update 3 include files from the other two?

Update 3 is only for those that have d333's Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors or Envida's complete mods.

update 1 and 2 is what you need to install.

RedHawke
07-11-2005, 11:09 PM
As I posted in that thread, It was sure fun testing it too! :D

Excellent work people! :thumbsup:

Achilles
07-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Update 3 is only for those that have d333's Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors or Envida's complete mods.

update 1 and 2 is what you need to install. Ok then I'll try it this way: Do I need to install both 1 and 2 or does 2 include the files provided in update 1? The gist of my question is "Do I need to download all of these updates or are they cumulative?"

TIA

T7nowhere
07-12-2005, 02:55 AM
you need them both. 1 is for dialogs 2 is for the usm loot script.

KyleIII
07-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Great mod. I'm playing through with it for the first time and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've got a question, though. I've had no problem building sabers, and I've already gotten Visas to rebuild hers. Atton's the first NPC I've trained as a jedi, though, and I can't figure out how to get him to build his lightsaber. Is it related to the "I want to teach you some things" dialouge? If so that's pretty cool that they need to have a little Jedi experience before building their lightsaber, but if not how do I get him to build it? I don't have any other extra dialouge choices besides that one and it doesn't lead anywhere.

svösh
07-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by KyleIII
I can't figure out how to get him to build his lightsaber. Is it related to the "I want to teach you some things" dialouge? If so that's pretty cool that they need to have a little Jedi experience before building their lightsaber, but if not how do I get him to build it? I don't have any other extra dialouge choices besides that one and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Go for a walk with Atton , off* of the Ebon hawk. Then talk to him ;)

svösh

General Kenobi
07-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Yep just what Svosh up there said. ;) There are other kewl things along this line as well. Some scripts won't fire on the Hawk while others will. If you run into another try talking on the hawke and then off and see if it helps.

Also if it's your first run through with USM installed I'd highly recommend scrolling up to Big T's starter post for the thread and downloading the fixes some are need to download some are elective depending on what other mods you have installed. All explained in detail in T7's post. :D

Now that we have all these new "improved" sabers no one will ever use the standard...lol

DM

SoNico717
07-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I didn't post anything when this mod came finally to light, now that i play the game with it i can say:

"You have done a great job, TSL will never be the same without USM, you really improved the game not only giving new hilts also with new dialogues. I love the idea that every party character build there own lightsaber".

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry for my english :confused:, i hope you can understand me.

NeveAngelus
07-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Okay, for some reason Bao Dur will not build me a new lightsaber. I've installed the new patch, finished the lightsaber quest and have USM (Selget Winde <sp>) regulation hilts and money enough, but all I get from the boy is "You need something." with the response "Nevermind".

Help please?

KyleIII
07-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
Yep just what Svosh up there said. ;) There are other kewl things along this line as well. Some scripts won't fire on the Hawk while others will. If you run into another try talking on the hawke and then off and see if it helps.

Also if it's your first run through with USM installed I'd highly recommend scrolling up to Big T's starter post for the thread and downloading the fixes some are need to download some are elective depending on what other mods you have installed. All explained in detail in T7's post. :D
Alright, thanks for the advice guys. I'll try taking him off the Hawk next time I play.

And yeah, I already installed all of the fixes. Haven't had any problems at all so far. Once again, this is a great mod!

ChAiNz.2da
07-13-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by NeveAngelus
Okay, for some reason Bao Dur will not build me a new lightsaber. I've installed the new patch, finished the lightsaber quest and have USM (Selget Winde <sp>) regulation hilts and money enough, but all I get from the boy is "You need something." with the response "Nevermind".
Have you tried asking Bao-Dur to build one off of the Ebon Hawke to see if you get the same response?

NeveAngelus
07-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Have you tried asking Bao-Dur to build one off of the Ebon Hawke to see if you get the same response?

Just tried it, and it's the same "Yes General?" with the only response being "Nevermind"

I'm sorry to be such a bother about it :(

Neve

ChAiNz.2da
07-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by NeveAngelus
Just tried it, and it's the same "Yes General?" with the only response being "Nevermind"

I'm sorry to be such a bother about it :(
Trust me, you're no bother at all. You have a valid question and would like an answer :)

I'm not sure, maybe T7 or one of the others may know.

@other USM'ers
Is there a level requirement for him to build a saber? Or other pre-requisite...

Yeah, I feel like a goober not knowing the answer about a mod I helped work on... call me "Flaky.2da" :p

NeveAngelus
07-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Trust me, you're no bother at all. You have a valid question and would like an answer :)

I'm not sure, maybe T7 or one of the others may know.

@other USM'ers
Is there a level requirement for him to build a saber? Or other pre-requisite...

Yeah, I feel like a goober not knowing the answer about a mod I helped work on... call me "Flaky.2da" :p

Considering you guys managed to put together such a huge wonderful mod (with this exception, I've had no problems getting Visas to build her's and Kriea's showed up perfectly fine as well) while working around real life, I don't think you should feel like a goober at all :)

And to give the other bug hunter some info that may help:

Character is a level 13 guardian, has 4 SW lightsaber cartridges (2 Purple, 1 Green, 1 Blue), plus the blue prints for the "breakaway" saber, but no crystals associated with it. Also has 2 double blades sabers gotten from in game, one single lightsaber constructed at the bench and one short lightsaber contructed at the bench.

Hope this helps.

Neve

Smilodon
07-14-2005, 12:57 PM
@T7

I have a question. In one post in this thread before the forums went down you described to someone how to change the trainable NPC's .dlg files so one could still train them in the Force even if they are not the default Jedi class they become in the normal game, like when having mods that make them a prestige class instead etc.

Could you post the desciption again so that I (and perhaps others :D ) can train my prestige class NPCs? :)

orus
07-17-2005, 06:58 PM
i still have the problem where the only crystals i get from random loot are Padawans, Rocarians, and Segans, even though i'm well past level 12. Tried removing all other mods from my Override folder, but that hasn't helped. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
07-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by orus
i still have the problem where the only crystals i get from random loot are Padawans, Rocarians, and Segans, even though i'm well past level 12. Tried removing all other mods from my Override folder, but that hasn't helped. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.
That is how it is supposed to be. You get some crystals for low levels, some for medium, and some for high levels. Well, you can get any crystal at any level, but the % are higher for a certain kind based on level.

orus
07-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
That is how it is supposed to be. You get some crystals for low levels, some for medium, and some for high levels. Well, you can get any crystal at any level, but the % are higher for a certain kind based on level.

No, one character went well into the 20s and the other is at 18, and those 3 are the only crystals i've ever gotten from random loot.

Jeff
07-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by orus
No, one character went well into the 20s and the other is at 18, and those 3 are the only crystals i've ever gotten from random loot.
Well that is strange, but I would have to say it is back luck, since it uses the random loot system. It can't be a bug since it hasn't happened to anyone else...

EDIT: make sure you loot every possible place if you want USM crystals since they are hard to find, that is my best advice for finding new crystals.

General Kenobi
07-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I agree with my fellow DM there. I've played through part of the game and only gotten 2 kinds before and played through again and gotten 5-7 different ones. Like DarthMoeller said make sure to check all loot stuff. Some are actually scripted into certain containers and such so they are there every time. ;)

I even know of one party member if talked to right will "give" you on of the former Sith Lord lightsabers :D

DM

Darth333
07-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Perhaps you've just be unlucky. here are the random loot rules:

Overall Chances to spawn crystals per area:

- 100% chances to spawn a USM crystal when you kill a Jedi Master (except Vash).
- 10% chances to spawn USM crystals or DS robes on Korriban, Dxun Temple and surrounding area and Trayus academy
- 8% chances to spawn USM crystals in the sublevel of the Dantoine Jedi Enclave and the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave (given that there are so few containers)
- 10% chances to spawn USM crystals in the Dantoine crystal caves
- 2% chances to spawn crystals for JekkJekk Tarr and the Tunnels on Nar Shadaa
- 6% chances to spawn crystals in all other areas (min lvl8)e USM loot uses its own set of rules:

1. There are 4 levels of crystals:

Stage 1 crystals: these crystals have no special properties - this is the main USM crystal loot for players levels 8-12
Stage 2 crystals: these crystals have modest special properties - this is the main USM crystal loot for players level 13-17
Stage 3 crystals: these crystals have are quite powerful - this is the main USM crystal loot for players level 18-5
Stage 4 crystals: rare crystals - low chances to spawn at any level - DS or LS planets

The chances to spawn crystals from a certain level increase or decrease according to your level. Dark side areas have their own rules but in general the rules are as follow:
a. player levels 8-12: (note that the overall default chance to spawn a crystal is 6% so when you see 55% it's 55% of 6 % ;) )
55% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
25% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
15% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
5% chance of spawning Stage 4 crystals

b. player levels 13-18:
25% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
55% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
15% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

c. player levels 19 +:
15% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
25% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
55% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

For areas with stong Dark Side presence (a few crystals differ):

a. player levels 8-12:
38% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
17% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
10% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
30% ds robes

b. player levels 13-18:
17% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
38% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
10% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
30% ds robes

c. player levels 19 +:
10% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
17% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
38% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
30% ds robes

MdKnightR
07-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I have to say that I have been "unlucky" too. I have played the game through to the end with the USM installed and I am not quite half-way through my 2nd game with it. The only saber crystals that I encountered was Segan's (at one time I had nearly 10 crystals) Rocarian (probably a half a dozen or so), and a handful of Padawan crystals. The only exceptions were the Blood of Malevolence that was wielded by one of the Sith assassins in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd and the Alora-sor-Dana saber from the end of the Onderon storyline. and, of course the personal sabers of the Sith Lords and Jedi Masters you get when you scavenge their bodies. I have never encountered the Negotiator, Type A Lightsaber [aka ani�s ep2], Type B Lightsaber [aka Yoda�s ep2], Type C Lightsaber [aka Dooku�s ep2], Darth Bandon's saber, Darth Malak's Lightsaber, Stylized Exar Kun Lightsaber, Jedi Master's Lightsaber[aka. Mace Windu's Lightsaber AotC], Jedi Knight's Lightsaber[ aka. Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber ANH], Traditional Jedi Knights Lightsaber[aka. Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber Ep.1], Xia Terashai's Short Saber, Type-S Short Lightsaber, Type-G Short Lightsaber, Type-J Lightsaber, or the Type-E Lightsaber.

MdK

Jeff
07-18-2005, 11:11 PM
^^^
That does seem a bit odd that you never encountered any of those crystals. I have played it up till I was level 25 (with Achilles Balance Mod) and got Dooku's hilt, tons of padawan, tons of segan, one of the shortsabers, and I think it was type j lightsaber.

Could be a little more diverse for me, but remember, the chances of getting USM crystals at all are quite low.

General Kenobi
07-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Don't you love the random loot :D

I finished all worlds at around level 23 and just went though the last part of onderon and got about 4 "cuts like j and such" Dooku's saber, Mace's saber in yellow, 2 padawan, Qui Gonn's :nut: Gotta Love it :D

General Kenobi
07-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Hemm.....In my game just now Kavar stood alone at the Jedi Temple on Dant. and when he fell no saber. I noticed this last time I played with both him and Vrook :confused:

Achilles
07-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted. I just spoke to Bao-Dur on the Ebon Hawk re: building a lightsaber with the extra crystals that I had. When prompted, I selected the nevermind option, but was still docked the 900 credits. Just an FYI.

T7nowhere
07-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by General Kenobi
Hemm.....In my game just now Kavar stood alone at the Jedi Temple on Dant. and when he fell no saber. I noticed this last time I played with both him and Vrook :confused:

Were they using their USM hilts?

Sorry if this has already been posted. I just spoke to Bao-Dur on the Ebon Hawk re: building a lightsaber with the extra crystals that I had. When prompted, I selected the nevermind option, but was still docked the 900 credits. Just an FYI.

Ya, this is a known bug that I forgot about, sorry. I'll fix it in the next update. Untill then make sure you want to build a saber.

General Kenobi
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
@T7
Were they using their USM hilts?

Yep Kavar had both sabers when I fought him but the option to "loot" him never appeared. It did that last time I got to final dant. with 2 Jedi Masters, neither one dropped the sabers for looting. Both had them though :confused:

Thanks

General Kenobi
EDIT: It is fine however if I just kill them when I find them right off hand. When I kill Kavar he drops his sabers on Onderon only at the end of Dantoonie does the option to loot them not appear.

Malficious
07-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Bao-dur, Disciple, nor mira will construct their personal lightsabers

Jeff
07-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Malficious
Bao-dur, Disciple, nor mira will construct their personal lightsabers
I have not gotten far enough in the game with the USM installed to get to Mira or in my case Handmaiden to make their own lightsabers, but I have heard others complain of this as well. And I have had trouble getting Visas to make hers. Maybe this is something the USM team wants to look into.

Achilles
07-20-2005, 03:37 AM
Hmm...I'm only 3 planets into it but BD & Visas have already constructed their sabers (Kreia came with hers). Atton and HM are on the precipice of being trained, so I'll know shortly if their sabers work as well.

Gkhan42
07-20-2005, 03:34 PM
First, many thanks for this wonderful mod. I've played around with it, and it really does wonders for fleshing out the game.

Now, a (hopefully not too noob) question. I'm one of those who can only play on the Xbox (PC just isn't up to snuff..at least not yet), and I know the textures for the blades appear odd becasue the xbox cannot handle the new textures. The new hilts appear to be fine, as far as I can see. The blades themselves appear like this: ][

My question is simply, is there a process that I can follow to modify the new sabers so that they will use the original xbox textures for the blades? I've played around modifying a few .uti files once and awhile, so I've got a (very) basic idea of how to use some of the tools. What kind of effort am I looking at here? Is this something that can be done with only a few mods per saber model, or something involving a great deal more work?

Thanks in advance,

Adept Havelock

svösh
07-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Cheating for the 3 saber parts won’t work , the game gets confused thinking the quest was never completed, just play the game normally acquire all 3 parts and a few usm crystals then with bao build your first usm.

After this your other npc’s can build their hilts, once the other factors are reached, properly completing the saber making quest and having them trained as force users..

Once vias has recovered and you talk with her , take her off the ship to build her hilt , at least I did and it works fine.

The dlg option is “there is something we need to talk about” , or the bottom reply *

For Atton and Boa I think you have to take them off the ship to build their hilts

Again The dlg option is "there is something we need to talk about" , or the bottom reply .

As for bandon ‘s .. it’s hiding and I would appreciate those that have found it. To not spoil the surprise for the others. It’s my personal Easter egg in the mod. ;)

svösh

T7nowhere
07-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
I have not gotten far enough in the game with the USM installed to get to Mira or in my case Handmaiden to make their own lightsabers, but I have heard others complain of this as well. And I have had trouble getting Visas to make hers. Maybe this is something the USM team wants to look into.

Well here's the thing, there isn't really anything to look into. The only way it would not work is if you don't have globalcat.2da installed or the npc is modded jedi class.

The requirments for the dialog option to show is the npc jedi class and the lightsaber quest completion. For atton you have to talk to him about it off the ebon hawk because of where he is placed it really messed up the script. its not very complex so, I don't understand how it could be not working unless the problem is what I stated in the first paragraph.

I added a global to a dlg node when there multiclassed so that will open the dialog option and if for some reason that doesn't work I disguised my cheat nodes that will appear if npc is thir jedi class and if the global was not set.

Jeff
07-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Maybe I accidentally overwrote something, or something like that then. Sounds like that is the only explanation for the npc's to not build their sabers.

kata_mad
07-23-2005, 04:12 PM
A problem I have come accross is when I ask visas to create her lightsaber as long as I specify the colour she will build it, If i let her choose the colour she doesn't and the option disapears. Is this something anyone else has come accross.

Achilles
07-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Not I. I've let every character select their own color and it worked fine. I did notice that Atton did not equip his saber after we built it though.

JacenPrime
07-23-2005, 05:22 PM
What is the UTI for Visas' saber, as mine did not fire, and I don't have one for her.

ChAiNz.2da
07-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by JacenPrime
What is the UTI for Visas' saber, as mine did not fire, and I don't have one for her.
usm_lghtsbr_145 (Blue)
usm_lghtsbr_146 (Red)
usm_lghtsbr_147 (Green)
usm_lghtsbr_148 (Yellow)
usm_lghtsbr_149 (Violet)

You can also browse T7's modding notes (included in the mod) for some of the other .uti numbers :)

General Kenobi
07-23-2005, 05:28 PM
I don't think the uti is the problem all the usm lightsabers are buildable for me and I don't have a problem once installing the mini updates making any of them. Either with the Hawke's help or by asking any party member to make them for themselves letting them choose or me choose for them.

If it were me I'd simply override the old and reinstall usm. I've did it for conflict issues and it fixes everything for me ;)

JacenPrime
07-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Its not building them, its because her dialouge didn't trigger (though I think that might have been because I didn't notice update 1 until I passed that point)

Achilles
07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Everytime I try to use it, I end up with a null grenade instead of a lightsaber.

General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Everytime I try to use it, I end up with a null grenade instead of a lightsaber.
Hey there Achilles :waive1: I think that one is "Goldie"

T7nowhere
07-24-2005, 09:47 PM
G-cut Crystals are short sabers, so it can only be used in a short hilt.

Achilles
07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Ah, that worked. What about the Mace Crystal? I tried it in both a short saber and a regular saber and got a null grenade. It was the green crystal if that makes a difference.

Also, are the Masters supposed to have their USM sabers equipped in 650DAN? I was able to loot them, but they all have default sabers in the CS.

svösh
07-24-2005, 11:48 PM
My Mace Crystal is for the Negotiator, I made sure to state what crystals fits in to what hilt type in my crystal description.

Example

Mace crystal, Blue

: Special:
Upgrade Item, Negotiator

Practical Only for double blade Lightsabers

Crystal Color : Blue

Hope that helps

svösh

Achilles
07-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Hmmm, definitely missed that one. That's what I get for assuming that it would be used for the Mace Windu saber included in the mod. You'd think I'd know better than to assume :). Thanks for the follow up on that one.

T7nowhere
07-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Also, are the Masters supposed to have their USM sabers equipped in 650DAN? I was able to loot them, but they all have default sabers in the CS.

DO you have a save before entering the rebuilt enclave or one before triggering Kreia's entrance assuming you didn't take her with you. If you do shoot me a PM.

I took extreme pains to make those scenes work and I would hate to find out they got gimped.

Achilles
07-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately I do not. I was able to capture a screen shot, but I doubt that will do you much good :(

Darth333
07-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I can check that when I get home, T7. I never cheked where the scripts were fired for the USM at that place but it possibly has something to do with the different options available, like for Vrook.

Achilles, was your PC LS or DS, male or female and was Kreia with you or not when you entered the enclave?

Achilles
07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
LS/M with Kreia. All of the Counsel members had their USM sabers when I met up with them earlier and USM is the only mod that I had installed for that playthough (finished it last night).

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 12:25 PM
I've been noticing alot of the double sabers are missing icon files for there crystals. Was this on purpose or accident. 2 off the top of my head are the BA-122 and Brianna's double saber.

ChAiNz.2da
07-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
I've been noticing alot of the double sabers are missing icon files for there crystals. Was this on purpose or accident. 2 off the top of my head are the BA-122 and Brianna's double saber.
:confused: is it a particular color? or all of them (the BA-122)... I'll double-check the .rar when I get home, though I keep thinking that there was one I missed (perhaps yellow?)...

There used to be a link on the old thread that had the fix, but I'm not sure if it's included with the 3 on the very first post?... I'll check once I'm home and post it if it's not included in the first 3...

However, if there is alot of them missing... do you have conflicting models / mods... (yeah, I know.. silly question aimed towards the Compatibility Master, but I had to ask.. hehehe :p )

Mono_Giganto
07-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I dont think it's all colors, the green icons for both and the aqua icon for Brianna's work for me.

Oh no, not another moderator! ChAiNz has special buttons now....

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I have the purple BA-122 and the Aqua Brianna's is missing hers for me. No incompatibilities FYI, a incompatibility in this instance would produce a crystal icon of some sort and not the big white square of doom for an Icon. And before you ask I don't use subfolders.(I Hate them with a Passion.)

Now when did this happen Chainz.2da = Moderator & why I thought we had enough with Prime, T7, & Darth333.

JacenPrime
07-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Two things:

A - Are Vrook's and Nihilus' saber supposed to be upgradeable, because they aren't for me

B - In the compatability list, it says the Jedi vs Sith Armors are compatable, but for some reason it isn't working for me (I'm not sure if its that mod or USM) all the other thinks that are compatable with it work

ChAiNz.2da
07-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Two things:

A - Are Vrook's and Nihilus' saber supposed to be upgradeable, because they aren't for me

B - In the compatability list, it says the Jedi vs Sith Armors are compatable, but for some reason it isn't working for me (I'm not sure if its that mod or USM) all the other thinks that are compatable with it work

A) nope. They were left as non-upgradeable

B) That's my mistake :o
Although the .2da entries should be correct (the USM's), the .uti baseline entry of the armor(s) will need to be changed to point to the correct .2da line.. for some reason the .uti keeps reverting back to the "old days" when if the baseitems.2da skips a line number, the .uti self adjusts itself to the next available line... I can't remember which line #'s it is right off-hand but I think it's #107 & #108 (I'd double check the USM's baseitems.2da to be sure though)...

JacenPrime
07-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Aight, thanks much

EDIT: IS there only supposed to be one entry for it, because there is only one

T7nowhere
07-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
I never cheked where the scripts were fired for the USM at that place but it possibly has something to do with the different options available, like for Vrook.

The script is fired from a trigger at the other side of the cort yard from the entrance, that triggers Kreia's entrance and then equipes the sabers. I tested with and without kreia and it was working, I swear I must have seen that scene close to 50 times :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Darkkender
[B] I have the purple BA-122 and the Aqua Brianna's is missing hers for me. No incompatibilities FYI, a incompatibility in this instance would produce a crystal icon of some sort and not the big white square of doom for an Icon. And before you ask I don't use subfolders.(I Hate them with a Passion.)

Do the cystals still work? It sounds to me that either the icons are missing all together or the uti is missing.

I know that the crystal icons are not missing from USM I just check them in KSE and they all have icons.

Really you "Hate subfolders", I love subfolders, I can't stand getting mods all mixed up it also helps when working on a mod to keep the files isolated, But I'm meticulous with what goes into my override.

ChAiNz.2da
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Aight, thanks much

EDIT: IS there only supposed to be one entry for it, because there is only one
DOH! again, my bad.. yes you are correct :)

There should only be one entry for the armor... not two... :headbump

----------------
Anyone else I can confuse today?? I'm on a role! Please take a number and wait your turn... hehehe

Tie Bomber
07-27-2005, 07:35 PM
I just got one word to say about USM... BRILLIANT... i would use two words but the first one cant be said here, use your imagination

Darkkender
07-28-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere

Do the cystals still work? It sounds to me that either the icons are missing all together or the uti is missing.

I know that the crystal icons are not missing from USM I just check them in KSE and they all have icons.

Really you "Hate subfolders", I love subfolders, I can't stand getting mods all mixed up it also helps when working on a mod to keep the files isolated, But I'm meticulous with what goes into my override.

It's the icon files that seem to be missing. Everything else works fine. I just "Hate" subfolders in my overide. Anytime I create a mod it has it's own directory with dozens of other subdirectories for files in various states. I'm meticulous as well, Hence every mod I build has about 3 copies on different drives. That way I have backups and other variants to make sure they work. Then I use KMM to throw them in overide.

Rennick
07-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey, can someone explain to me how it works? I installed it just like the mod said, but so far I've got Kreia with no saber, met Darth Sion and seen the flashback with Sion and Nihilus and haven't seen a custom yet. But I can't figure out what I've done wrong because it works for everyone else. Am I just not far enough yet?

Mono_Giganto
07-30-2005, 08:12 PM
How many files did you extract to your override folder? Just one?

Rennick
07-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Nope, every file in the overide went into my game override.

I'm only on Telos for the first time and don't have my own saber built, if that helps.

General Kenobi
07-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Then when you open Override do you see all of the files or a folder?

:ben:
General Kenobi

Rennick
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh, a folder! So I'm going on a guess and say put them in the main folder. Does this mean I need to restart?

Jeff
07-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh, a folder! So I'm going on a guess and say put them in the main folder. Does this mean I need to restart?
Well if you want Kreia' saber you do. Or you could just keep going and get it through cheats or KSE.

Rennick
07-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I'll try KSE (it confuses me a bit) how would I cheat it in?

By the way, thanks for all the help guys.

Rennick
07-30-2005, 08:46 PM
I think I found it in KSE! thanks for the help guys, it means a lot.

General Kenobi
07-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Just simply load the game up in KSE. If it's your current and last game you click the highest numbered file. Then it will give you a multitude of options. ;) Once you install KSE just double click and it will load all your saved games for you to pick from.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

General Kenobi

Jeff
07-30-2005, 08:48 PM
I'll try KSE (it confuses me a bit) how would I cheat it in?

By the way, thanks for all the help guys.
To enable cheats, open your swkotor2.ini file, and under GameOptions, enter "EnableCheats=1" without the quotes. Then in game, press the ~ button to open the console, which will be invisible. Type "giveitem <item name>" without the quotes. Kreia's green saber is usm_lghtsbr_122 I believe.

EDIT: Looks like you figured it out.

General Kenobi
07-30-2005, 09:18 PM
As long as you are clean on mods when you open up the USM .rar file you will see an override folder. Replace yours with that one and you should be good to go installing normally. ;)

General Kenobi

YertyL
08-02-2005, 05:04 AM
I am frequently encountering a rather annoying problem:
At certain points in dialogue the converstaion simply ends and I get the following message:
"CONVERSATION ERROR: Last Conversation Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINUE NODE. Please contact a Designer!"
Due to this I e.g. have not been able to build my own lightsaber or talk to Visas, Bao-Dur,Handmaiden, Mira etc. after trying to do so (Conversation ends after the initial greeting (e.g. "Yes, genaral?") or at the point where you select which lighsaber you want to build)
This problem is propably related to me using the German version of the game (I have both updates and no other mods installed).
Still, it would be nice to be able to both use the USM and talk to party members ;) Is there any way to fix this ??

stoffe
08-02-2005, 06:33 AM
I am frequently encountering a rather annoying problem:
At certain points in dialogue the converstaion simply ends and I get the following message:
(snip)
This problem is propably related to me using the German version of the game (I have both updates and no other mods installed).
Still, it would be nice to be able to both use the USM and talk to party members ;) Is there any way to fix this ??

You could try downloading the Language Converter for Custom Dialogs and Item Descriptions from this page (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php). If my suspicions are correct your problem is that the text strings for the new added custom dialog entries for training your NPCs, or making them build sabers, only are present for the english locale.

That utility should help you convert them to the german locale so your game will find those text strings.

eagle235
08-03-2005, 12:49 AM
guys @usm-
i wanna say how awesome your mod is. it has made tsl a worthwhile gaming experience for me again, for which i truly thank you. you have also addicted my wife to your mod and this game, for which i also thank you.
now to business- i know there was a compatibility list posted for this mod initially, but i believe it was lost. if anyone of you gods-among-modders would repost it, it would mean the world to me. thnks again!!

RedHawke
08-03-2005, 01:48 AM
Eagle235,

First, welcome to the forums! :D And here it is! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1785602#post1785602) ;)

ChAiNz.2da
08-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Hey eagle235,

Welcome to the forums! :waive1: and Thank You for the kind comments.

Be sure to check out the very first post in this thread as well. It includes some (4) updates to the mod that you might need.

Also, there's been reports that Drakonnen's Jedi/Sith Armor mod will still need to have the armor .uti's adjusted to match the baseitems.2da lines. Just a little heads up :)

Lucied
08-03-2005, 07:27 AM
man i love thi smost i was only dispointed to see that there are no Orange Sabers Orange is my favorite color saber :( but im using Blue and Green Mix right now

T7nowhere
08-03-2005, 08:25 AM
man i love thi smost i was only dispointed to see that there are no Orange Sabers Orange is my favorite color saber :( but im using Blue and Green Mix right now

There are a couple of sabers that have Orange(HotG) as an option.

Here is a list of the ones I remember that have Orange as a color:

Stylized Exar Kuns
Traditional Jedi Knights Lightsaber(aka. Qui-gon Jin's lightsaber)
Master Vash's Harmony
Master kavar's Prize

I think thats all of them, but hey if you really want a specific color I'm sure you could figure out how to do it. ;)

eagle235
08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Eagle235,

First, welcome to the forums! :D And here it is! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1785602#post1785602) ;)
Thanks you guys! I started monitoring this board when i got kotor1 but never joined til now bcuz i hadn't needed to post a question, you guys already had the answers out there. by the way, i now know i am a ridiculous geek becuz i got excited when you were nice to me. thanks again!!

eagle235
08-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Just downloaded RedHawke's Prestige Pack, and it asked if i wanted to overwrite upcrystals.2da. I said no, but don't know if it will affect either mod. Any advice on how to proceed with both mods working?

SITHSLAYER133
08-03-2005, 09:08 PM
im having problems with the ultimate saber mod im gettin some wierd glitch where i cant get the hand maiden and vises mar to build their light sabers

this is my first post ever on this great forums :twogun:

SITHSLAYER133
08-03-2005, 09:09 PM
ive got it and the hak pad installed currently

The_Maker
08-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Try recopying EVERY file from the USM folder, usually these things happen when a uti file is missing or a .ncs script it missing. If you already tried that you might want to consult one of the guys who made the USM mod and see if they an help you.

Btw, Welcome to the Forums ^_^

RedHawke
08-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Just downloaded RedHawke's Prestige Pack, and it asked if i wanted to overwrite upcrystals.2da. I said no, but don't know if it will affect either mod. Any advice on how to proceed with both mods working?
Keep the USM's upcrystals.2da, like you did, and play on! Everything should work fine. :D

ChAiNz.2da
08-04-2005, 07:38 AM
im having problems with the ultimate saber mod im gettin some wierd glitch where i cant get the hand maiden and vises mar to build their light sabers

this is my first post ever on this great forums :twogun:
Have you completed the "Build Your Own Lightsaber" quest? I know that Visas is dependant upon that particular quest being done before she'll make hers.

Also, try asking them to build their saber both On & Off the Ebon Hawke.

Have you perchance used the Hak Pad to train them in an alternate Jedi Class (or in HM's case, prematurely before finishing the duels)? I'm still testing this function for all possible scenarios to see if it interferes with the USM... so far it hasn't but it's best to ask just in case I've missed something :)

LegionUK
08-04-2005, 08:45 AM
this mod is fantastic, no doubt about that at all! fantastic work from all you guys! thank you!

however, the reason for my delurking is (apart from thanking you guys of course!) is that i'm having a spot of bother. I've managed to get Disciple to be a Jedi, and have started to give him additional lessons, however whenever i try, it just seems to repeat the first lesson over and over again (i think he's learny immunity:fear about 10 times now!)

has anyone else had a problem with this?

has anyone else bothered with disciple? ;)

T7nowhere
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
I've managed to get Disciple to be a Jedi, and have started to give him additional lessons, however whenever i try, it just seems to repeat the first lesson over and over again (i think he's learny immunity:fear about 10 times now!)

I'll look into this asap.

EDIT: btw what is your characters starting class.

General Kenobi
08-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Depending on what class I am I notice that you seem to have more options although, when I get him trained on I guess all I know, about 3 sometimes 4 things he does the same for me on fear ;)

General Kenobi

LegionUK
08-05-2005, 07:29 AM
I'll look into this asap.

EDIT: btw what is your characters starting class.

thanks T7!

my pc is starting out as a sentinel.

T7nowhere
08-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Depending on what class I am I notice that you seem to have more options although, when I get him trained on I guess all I know, about 3 sometimes 4 things he does the same for me on fear ;)

General Kenobi

That is strange, The dialog looks fine to me, all the checks are inplace. I'll have to actually test this in-game which may take a little while (sry) as I have to play straight through to that point.

General Kenobi
08-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Sounds good, I do have Holowan Plugin installed as well and that might be affecting it. I'll try deleting it then reinstalling USM and see if that helps my problem. Although I remember this from my playthrough USM only I believe as well. :D
Thanks T7 let me know if you find anything.

General Kenobi

jimbo32
08-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Great job guys. This is easily the best mod for TSL to date.

Some of my favorite sabers: Segan Wyndh Longsaber, Type E Lightsaber (very nice Seprithro), Darth Bandon's Saber (almost didn't catch that one!), Blood of Malevolence (amazing).

Though I've been spared the trouble with my companions (ie crafting their sabers) that others have had, I'm still very short on random USM crystals. Though I'm lvl. 21, the only ones I've found so far are Padawan, Rocarian, and Segan Wyndh - though I've gotten about 15 of each. I just played through and re-loaded the Mandalorian cache on Dxun about 25 times hoping to get something different but had no luck - just more of the same. With the amount of loot in there, you would think that I would come across one other USM crystal at some point in all those re-loads. Maybe you might want to look at removing the standard color crystals from your random loot (as I did get a number of those).

A couple of quick questions:

Did you guys happen to fix the cyan crystal problem while you were working on USM? (saber activating on area load)

Also, I was wondering about USM crystal rarity. I was surprised that the "Type E" saber wasn't more common. No special powers, but the only time I've ever found one was on Malachor on my last play-through.

Thanks and once again, great job.

Darth333
08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
I'll check with the team members if the % of chances to spawn certain crystals can be slightly modified. And if everyone agrees, I could post a new script. Some crystals are indeed very very rare and you need to be extremely lucky to get them. Note that some containers have also been excluded from the random loot. I don't remember about the containers in the cache but it could be the case.

jimbo32
08-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Is it possible that there is something in my Override not working properly? I just finished the fight with the bounty hunters on Onderon (led by the Twylek), and got two Padawans and a Rocarian (@lvl. 23). According to the random loot readme included with the mod, I should have a much better chance of getting something else. (I'm assuming that these are stage 1 crystals - correct?) Getting one of these at this point I could understand, but the odds of getting three from one fight would seem to be long.

Sorry for the hassle, but I really like the mod and would prefer to get the crystals "legally" rather than using KSE.

TheOssusKeeper
08-21-2005, 12:28 AM
here is a question for those using the USM.

I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with the USM as far as starting a new game and when getting to the Exile's trial cutscene, it freezes up?

This was my problem, I installed the USM while playing a couple of differ. games (after the trial scene) and had no problems at all, but when i went to start and play a new game and played up to the trial cutscene, the exile walks in and then just stands there, the cutscene would not continue... so i did some investigating and found that when i renamed (backed up) the zez.utc file that comes with the USM, it worked fine from then on... Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?
I found that there are several of the same type of utc files in many of the modules and for example: c_ithorian_001 is used in a few modules but have differ. stats... i extracted a dead ithorian utc file and place items on his dead body, then placed it in the override folder, i found that it overrides All c_ithorians_001 utc files in all modules... And i was unable to talk to the Ithorian at the Ithorian's shuttle bay on citadel station... so basically this may be the same problem with the zez.utc file not letting the exile's trial scene play properly... just a thought... (maybe just a fluke in my game) :giveup:

Here is a screenshot of where it hung up on me...

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4083/exiletrial5zs.jpg

SpaceAlex
08-22-2005, 05:45 AM
here is a question for those using the USM.

I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with the USM as far as starting a new game and when getting to the Exile's trial cutscene, it freezes up?

This was my problem, I installed the USM while playing a couple of differ. games (after the trial scene) and had no problems at all, but when i went to start and play a new game and played up to the trial cutscene, the exile walks in and then just stands there, the cutscene would not continue... so i did some investigating and found that when i renamed (backed up) the zez.utc file that comes with the USM, it worked fine from then on... Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?
I found that there are several of the same type of utc files in many of the modules and for example: c_ithorian_001 is used in a few modules but have differ. stats... i extracted a dead ithorian utc file and place items on his dead body, then placed it in the override folder, i found that it overrides All c_ithorians_001 utc files in all modules... And i was unable to talk to the Ithorian at the Ithorian's shuttle bay on citadel station... so basically this may be the same problem with the zez.utc file not letting the exile's trial scene play properly... just a thought... (maybe just a fluke in my game) :giveup:

Here is a screenshot of where it hung up on me...

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4083/exiletrial5zs.jpg

Hmm, the .utc file for Zez in that module (950COR) is npc_vrook002.utc (used in quite a few modules). zez.utc is an unique utc file, used only on 305NAR (Jek Jek Tar Tunnels), so that shouldn't be a problem.

TheOssusKeeper
08-22-2005, 07:38 PM
like i said, i'm not sure why there was such a hick-up like that, but once dealing with that file the game worked right... i haven't put the file back yet, but i will to see if anything changes... like i mentioned it must have just been a fluke in my game... or maybe whatever triggers that cutscene had something wrong with it, maybe one of the other Council members utc files... oh well, it's fixed now, but still not 100% sure what caused it...

T7nowhere
08-22-2005, 10:46 PM
^^^
zez.utc shouldn't effect that scene, atleast it hasn't in my 2 play throughs of that scene.

Strange that it would work fine when the file is removed.

DanteS2005
08-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Wonderful mod guys!!

I'm running a localized version of the game, at first i had problem while i was trying to complete the Build your own lightsaber quest, then i used the Language Converter (as someone pointed out earlier in this thread) to succesfully fix the problem.

But there's something else that is bothering me. When i look in my inventory both USM lightsabers and USM crystals don't have a name. The icon appears normally, but just the name ain't there. Is it supposed to be so?

If not, how could i fix this problem? I tried using the Language converter to overwrite the USM UTI files in the override folder into my language (which is italian, btw) but it didn't work.

Any idea?

Edit: I actually solved the problem when i traslated the UTI files, but the modify isn't retroactive. Is there a way to edit the inventory in order to let hte names appear?

T7nowhere
08-30-2005, 09:41 AM
^^^
The only way to do this would be to save a list of all the crystals and sabers you have found and then break them down at the workbench and use KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse) to add fresh copys of the UTI's that you converted to your characters Inventory(If you do this remember to remove the upgrades from the sabers.) Oh, you can also use KSE to find out which USM items you have found there all marked with USM at the start of the file name.Before you use KSE on any save game make sure to keep a backup of it Just in case something goes wrong.

When you click on your savegames inventory in KSE a list will come up, the items highlighted blue are items that are currently in your inventory, Items highlighted in Red are Custom items found in your K2 Override, Items in black are items not in your inventory. After you add the items don't forget to Commit the changes.

wasa7
08-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Hello every one,
Has someone noticed that the 4th update link for the USM mod doesn't work? I've tried to download it but everytime I try it will take me to a new internet explorer window full of strange codes. I wish I knew the problem so I can help you guys. Anyhow, please let me know when is fixed so I can get the update.

Thank you all

ChAiNz.2da
08-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Hello every one,
Has someone noticed that the 4th update link for the USM mod doesn't work? I've tried to download it but everytime I try it will take me to a new internet explorer window full of strange codes. I wish I knew the problem so I can help you guys. Anyhow, please let me know when is fixed so I can get the update.

Thank you all
Try holding down the "Alt" key while clicking the link...

Also, once the 'code' stops loading, you can try saving the page as "upcrystals.2da" (without quotes)...

if that doesn't work, I'll pack the upcrystals.2da in a zip file for easier downloading :)

Soogz
08-30-2005, 11:41 AM
he hehe, I finally got it to work, after all of these month, lol. I had to take the files out of subfolders, that was why it was not working. So on that note, thanks to the mods, and admins, that helped me solve my problem. THANKS!

----SOOGALICIOUS

DanteS2005
08-31-2005, 06:59 AM
Bug report: While i was in the Shyrack Cave on Korriban i found 25 (twentyfive) Red Ryth Crystals in a Large crystal formation, along with a lorridian crystal (i think that this detail will make it easier for you to understand which formation is bugged).

My PC was level 23 or 24 by that time.

Hope this may be helpful.

I even know of one party member if talked to right will "give" you on of the former Sith Lord lightsabers :D

DM

Uhm? Are you talking about... Edited at the request of the creator of this "easter egg": hehe yes, you got the right answer but that's a secret... shhhh! ;) - D333

Shem
09-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I actually took the time to play a game with the ultimate saber mod so see how it works. Very impressive. I'm not finished with that game, but I really love it so far, and I'm sure I'll love it to the end. There was one thing that really bothered me and it's not the work on the sabers. It was the new dialogue added. Lots of misspellings, along with punctuation errors, etc.

Anyway, I actually went back to fix those, but my KOTOR Tool crashes for some reason when I try to edit the dialogue files. If I was able to complete it, I was considering sending T7 the new updated files when completed. Then leave it open to you for an updated release.

A minor thing was the Darth Bandon sabers. They're single bladed. In KOTOR, Darth Bandon used a double-bladed lightsaber. I did edit it for my personal use so they are double-bladed for my version, which I did a simple edit to the .uti files. And another thing I personally think would make it cooler is lightsabers for the Sith Assassins. Scripting .ncs files isn't something I have knowledge of, and the SA's use a lot of the same tags, which leads to the SA's being idle on one of the maps on the Harbinger (Map 152HAR), and some of the Sith Soldiers use the same tags on the Freedon Nadd mission out in the field (Map 410DXN), and are idle as a result. Again, that my personal opinion about the SA's having sabers, but I strongly believe that it would be a very popular update.

T7nowhere
09-24-2005, 03:43 AM
It was the new dialogue added. Lots of misspellings, along with punctuation errors, etc.

Anyway, I actually went back to fix those, but my KOTOR Tool crashes for some reason when I try to edit the dialogue files. If I was able to complete it, I was considering sending T7 the new updated files when completed. Then leave it open to you for an updated release.

The misspelling is my fault, I guess I need a proof reader for my dialogs ;) One thing you should know is to not edit TSL dialogs with KT(it will corrupt the TSL dlg files) Use tk102's Dialog editor http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de

A minor thing was the Darth Bandon sabers. They're single bladed. In KOTOR, Darth Bandon used a double-bladed lightsaber. I did edit it for my personal use so they are double-bladed for my version, which I did a simple edit to the .uti files.

Well you see the thing about modding is that the modder gets to make the mod the way they want to. ;) Making Bandons lightsaber Single bladed was a conscious decision by svösh, the model was intended for a K1 mod by another modder, Unfortunately the mod was not finnished before TSL was released.

And another thing I personally think would make it cooler is lightsabers for the Sith Assassins. Scripting .ncs files isn't something I have knowledge of, and the SA's use a lot of the same tags, which leads to the SA's being idle on one of the maps on the Harbinger (Map 152HAR), and some of the Sith Soldiers use the same tags on the Freedon Nadd mission out in the field (Map 410DXN), and are idle as a result. Again, that my personal opinion about the SA's having sabers, but I strongly believe that it would be a very popular update.

Changing the weapons of npc's that use the same tag/utc isn't really a problem. Actually scripting it wouldn't be that difficult, however it is pretty time consuming to find all the references coding it then testing. The only SA that I gave sabers to are the ones you meet in Nadds temple on Dxun.

If you really want SA with sabers you might want to take a look at Prime's Putting the Sith Back in The Sith Lords (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/12018.html) There are several good examples in his mod which explains how to switch npc's appearances and weapons.

SITHSLAYER133
09-24-2005, 06:22 AM
damm good mod its to good for us mortals

General Kenobi
09-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Well since the USM thread has made it back up on the front page I'll go ahead and let you guys know of the "easter egg/goodie mistake?" I found.

I personally love the feature BUT when you find Vash's body on Korriban you can loot it once. Then if you keep doing it everytime you open her up she'll have different versions of her saber crystal. ;) You can end up with 10 of every color or more if you open her up enough. :D

Just thought I'd find out if it was intentional :D

General Kenobi

Darth333
09-24-2005, 11:19 AM
No, I forgot to set a variable for her. I made the fix but I am working on balancing the random script a little better before releasing it.

Shem
09-24-2005, 07:41 PM
The misspelling is my fault, I guess I need a proof reader for my dialogs ;) One thing you should know is to not edit TSL dialogs with KT(it will corrupt the TSL dlg files) Use tk102's Dialog editor http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de

I downloaded it and have worked on the dialogues already. I have T3 completely fixed. I believe I have the Handmaiden fixed. I can't find anything else that needs to be worked on. I'm currently working on Atton and have fixed some of it up.

Well you see the thing about modding is that the modder gets to make the mod the way they want to. ;) Making Bandons lightsaber Single bladed was a conscious decision by svösh, the model was intended for a K1 mod by another modder, Unfortunately the mod was not finnished before TSL was released.

Oh, okay.

Shem
09-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I just finished working on the dialogues for the main characters and have sent it to T7 via email just about a minute ago. Since there was so much to work on, I may have miss a little teak here and there. However, I can guarantee that I did fix at least 95%-99% of it. I now leave it up to the USM team to use it as an update.

General Kenobi
09-25-2005, 12:51 AM
No, I forgot to set a variable for her. I made the fix but I am working on balancing the random script a little better before releasing it.

Aah kewl :thumbsup: Nice to see a new version of the random script coming out as I think I know what it's all about ;)

I have an off topic question too BTW :D "Where does the crafted pc lightsaber versions of your party members sabers come from? I've never seen the uti's for them? Just wondering. ;)

General Kenobi

T7nowhere
09-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I have an off topic question too BTW :D "Where does the crafted pc lightsaber versions of your party members sabers come from? I've never seen the uti's for them? Just wondering. ;)

They are dynamically created by the game using some funky scripting functions that the devs added to TSL.

X for excluded, hiding they are not. :p

TreeX
09-25-2005, 08:19 PM
errm... just a query but i'm just wondering, if you've got mods like oldflash's 10 lightsabers, 9doubleblades etc would the mods conflict? mainly cause when i first tried it , they'd SAY they built the lightsaber but never do. errm... yeah if anyone could tell me if i screwed up again i'd be very happy :toilet1:

Renegade Angel
09-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah, they'd conflict I bet. Ask T7

T7nowhere
09-27-2005, 11:12 PM
oldflash's lightsaber packs will not conflict with USM. his saber packs replace the default saber models.

Renegade Angel
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
So, has the pack been updated since I stopped visiting Holowan?

Darkkender
09-28-2005, 07:50 PM
No not really it's still pretty wysiwyg ;)

TreeX
09-28-2005, 10:34 PM
oh right thanks

General Kenobi
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
They are dynamically created by the game using some funky scripting functions that the devs added to TSL.

X for excluded, hiding they are not. :p

You'd think the opposite, but I think that's really kewl how it happens then :D

Just makes USM that much more special and unique :D

General Kenobi

Arcker
09-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi to all on the fourm, and can I extend my hand to the creators of this great mod, I downloaded awhile ago and have loved it ever since, but recently I have run into a few snags with the custom sabers for my party. I applogize if this one has been explained already but I didn't spot it so here goes so far I can not seem to get Bao-Dur or Mira to create their custom sabers and wondered if either the masters behind the mod or the great people of the fourm with more expireance with modding and this mod could help me out as I'd love to see their custom saber and add them to the group collection I've goes as far as going to Korriban without unlocking their sabers did I miss something ?
Thank you for the Great Mod and hope to hear from you soon Arcker

T7nowhere
10-01-2005, 12:58 AM
I can not seem to get Bao-Dur or Mira to create their custom sabers

To have Mira and Bao-Dur build their sabers you have to be on the Ebon Hawk and Mira needs to be A Jedi Sentinal and Bao a Jedi Guardian.

Have you been able to build Handmaiden's, Visas', and Atton's sabers.

Shem
10-01-2005, 02:34 PM
There is a bug I discovered last night. The meeting of the Jedi Masters on Dantooine have a slight bug. Or a tiny script problem. I figured out what causes it.

In my first game with the USM, I am doing it Light Side and I did the meeting of the Jedi Masters and just got past the Handmaiden's duel and your duel with Atris when I realized I didn't complete the quest for Greeta where you open new trade routes. I also should include it that I did also buy the new HK-47 part and installed it and made him temporary "nice". And I had Mandalore tell the Mandalorians on Nar Shaddaa to go to Dxun.

Well, I went back and did all that and when I went to the meeting of the Jedi Masters, the Masters did not have their new lightsabers. I knew that something going back and finishing those plot quests before the meeting of the Masters made the script not work.

Though I did figure out that if Kreia is not in your party when you enter the Jedi Enclave, the Masters will have their custom lightsabers. If Kreia is in it, they will use the default ones.

I know what mention is true because I did go back to my save point before the meeting and tried it again without going back to Nar Shaddaa and completing those quests and it did not matter if I had Kreia in my party or not because the Jedi Masters had their costume lightsabers. Then tried it again with those completed quests and it did not work with Kreia in my party.

T7nowhere
10-01-2005, 03:00 PM
^^^ Thats odd, I tested with Kreia in and out of the party and it always spawned the lightsabers. Well its a minor problem, the solution being just don't take Kreia with you. ;) Can anyone else confirm this happening.

Edit: Oh it couldn't be a result you completing those other quests. the saber spawn script is fired by passing over a trigger that spawns Kreia's entrance, but like I said I tested it both ways and the saber script will still fire when the PC passes through the trigger, it just won't spawn Kreia again.

General Kenobi
10-01-2005, 04:45 PM
This could possibly be related to my own problem of If I'm lightside except for killing masters when I meet them makes them when I meet them on Dantoonie for the big reunion duel not have their custom sabers or anything at all either?

General Kenobi

T7nowhere
10-02-2005, 02:07 AM
^^^ Ok so let me get this clear your char is LS and you didn't kill any of the Masters, when you return to Dantooine to meet them none of them have lightsabers at all.

If thats true then it means the script is fireing to the point of destroying the npc's sabers but its not equiping the new ones. Do you have any other mods that affect the final encounter or any of the single Master encounters?

General Kenobi
10-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Nope. Let me specify just to make sure though T7.

I run through the game Light Side with the only killing (below) being masters to get their sabers :D

I will kill Zez Kai El on Nar Shaddaa by the "then you know I've come to end you." After I kill him I believe he has both his saber and a color variation chrystal of it or two on him for loot.

When I go to Dantoonie I save Dantoonie, but I tell the gal in the cave he needs to be killed. Vrook comes out of the cage after I kill everyone and I wound him bad and he runs off. I save Dantoonie and he's absent. After it's all overwith he comes back for the final fight in the Matalie Estates' front lobby. I kill him and take his lightsaber and a masters robe from him.

The rest of the masters I won't see of course till I go to Dantoonie for the last "jedi purge" I'm going to do. Regardless of whether I have a change of heart and allow them to start to bind me and Kreia steps in, or if I fight them all at once when they fall NO SABERS.

If I run through the game totally light side and Kreia zaps em' all at the end on Dantoonie to save me all they say is. "This body is lifeless worse than death" sorta thing every time I click on their bodies but it never gives me their sabers.

I thought maybe it's because I'm light side it somehow messes up since most times your dark side if your killing the jedi masters? Not sure if that would have an effect or not.

General Kenobi

T7nowhere
10-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Maybe its just, but I'm confused(in my defense though I have only had about 8 hours sleep in the last 3 days).

Ok so your playing lightside and your killing Jedi masters for there sabers and then at the final encounter there all there!?... wth?

Ok well first thing is that I wrote the script to check and see if the PC has any of the master sabers if the PC does, then the saber won't spawn. However if you don't have any of the sabers in your inventory then it should spawn(heh funny thing about that is if you equiped any of the master sabers on the partynpc's then they would spawn, I think, but that shouldn't even be a possible scenario)

If you have killed any of the Jedi masters then the remaining should attack you right away and once there dead you can loot the corpse for the saber that was spawned on them , If it spawned. do they spawn?

Hmm, If you have saves before these points it would be helpfull to me, shoot me a PM if you do.

General Kenobi
10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
When I play lightside and kill the Jedi Masters only the ones I couldn't kill were there. Like I killed Zez right out cause I had the option. Vrook I killed after I saved Dantoonie, Picked up Vosh's Saber off her corpse on Korriban.

When I go back to Dantoonie then for the final confrontation Kavar is all that's left. After he attacks me and I kill him and Kreia zaps me for not understanding her teachings. I get up go over to Kavar (and Vrook If I flubbed up killing him) and they have nothing on their corpses.

If I spare all three masters they do the same. Bodies with no loot after Kreia fries them.

I don't have a save I don't think but I'll look. If I don't I can try to get you one ready right before the final showdown happens on Dantoonie.

General Kenobi

SITHSLAYER133
10-02-2005, 03:38 PM
i run into this bug they have nromal untill they die there looted corpes contain the new sabers from the great mod

General Kenobi
10-02-2005, 04:41 PM
T7 let me ask you this. Are you saying that the game does a "check" to see if you have the master's sabers already in inventory and if you do it doesn't drop when they die? If so this would explain my problem.

EDIT: I might have already answered it myself. I just confronted Kavar at Dantoonie and fought him when he fell and after I got up from Kreia zapping me he has no loot at all. No saber no nothing. I had zero Jedi Master sabers in my inventory save for Mace Windu's lightsaber which isn't one of theirs.

T7 here's the save game per your request Zez has been defeated, Vrook has been defeated, your on nar shaddaa just finishing up and Kreia has already did the conv. for going to dantoonie. You should just load the Hawke and go to Dantoonie. I just ran though and kavar dropped nothing.

SAVE GAME: http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/4T7NowhereSaveGame.rar

T7 edit:Thanks :)

General Kenobi

T7nowhere
10-02-2005, 05:51 PM
^^^ Ok man, I need some saves. If you have multiple variations of the encounters it will help.

You can't understand how much this news annoys me, I tested that scene so many times. It should work. I'm thinking either a globalnumber wasn't set somewhere, your missing some files or its a mod conflict.

CrudeMatter
10-02-2005, 05:53 PM
I LOVE the USM!!! You people kick a$$! I couldn't be happier to see a collaboration of modders make such an amazing project. Kudos and congratulations to you all. You should be proud for your individual contributions and your teamwork. Great work that meshes so nicely with the original story, and even cleans it up/ enriches it. File size didn't phase me a bit, I knew it would be worth it, and you didn't disappoint.
some particulars:

Kreia's hilt- Is it me or was that inspired originally for Jolee? Its good stuff.
Mira's sabre- That thing is gorgeous!
um...easter egg...- Nice inclusion, especially for those who were fond of pt 1.
BA-122 "Break-away" - Fabulous idea (if a bit of a cheap trick lol), and a beautiful sabre/set. great inclusion, I would have been willing to have that side quest extended to require more items. (like another set of sabre quest parts or something.) I got all giddy when I first found the datapad. I even loved the bench/lab console on dant., I would've dl'ed that by itself.
Enhanced Random Loot- Bless you. Being a bit of a crystal hound, I would have liked to see more upgrade crystals also, but I imagine that becomes overkill pretty quickly. I guess I just like the shiny rocks. I enjoyed having a fat stack of padawan crystals, etc.- (presumably to restart the order with, or whatever.)
Visas' Force Sight dlg fix- I was glad to see that, even though I never found when/where that power was of any value. But it bugged me.
Xia Terashi's short sbr- Well done, beautiful sabre.
Segan Wyndh sbrs- I'm sure they're very popular... best 'standard' sabre in the game. (I would like one in white/black, though... or even pink to match one of the Xia sbrs.)
All the name-charachter's sabres- Thank you for making them less "cookie-cutter" charachters. It always bugged me that these sorts of people walk around with run-of-the-mill sabres, and you gave their sabres charachter that was true to the owners. Nicely done.
Movie-style sbrs- Your attention to detail, and dedication to the originals is undeniable.
Updates- your passionate dedication to the project is admirable, and much appreciated.
And a special bit of appreciation for the toolmakers... we all owe you many thanks.

-edit- I had but one small complaint, and I'm almost embarrassed to mention it... but I still didn't get my sabre back from Atris! lol ... unless Atris' Prism was supposed to be the exile's original, or I did get a normal sabre and didn't notice. ...and I probably would have let her keep it (LS), but I was hoping. -

Thank you all, and congratulations again on a wonderful project.

T7nowhere
10-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks CrudeMatter, I love reading positive comments like yours.

@ GK, I hate to say this to ya, but it must be a mod conflict on your end. After I changed the appearance of your PC to something I have ;) and switched the saber to my Mace Windu hilt, I went to confront Kavar. His lightsabers spawned and I was able to loot them from his corpse.
(btw uber implant, lol.)

So the next step is for you to send me a list of your installed mods, if you want this to be fixed that is. oh but before you do that you might want to try reinstalling USM and the updates, you shouldn't need to copy over the 2da's though. Those should be fine. You might want to try copying over only the .ncs files and see if any new ones are added to your override folder. ( no rush though take your time and don't forget to back up your override folder first.)

General Kenobi
10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Good deal :D

I know for sure I have USM, Holowan Plugin, and some other mods like my implant ;)

I'll work you up a complete list of my installed mods and get them out to ya T7. :D

General Kenobi

svösh
10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Thank you CrudeMatter it’s always nice to hear people really enjoy our work, and after the time we spent making it. It’s nice that you would take the time to list off the things you like about it.

No I designed Kriea’s specifically for her, it was the first of my k2 hilt models I built. It was shortly after my first play through, sort of a short version of a twisted wizards staff.

I have been thinking of making one for jolee for k1 out of bone ;) Just leave it to me to think outside the norm for saber hilt materials.

svösh

CrudeMatter
10-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Thank you CrudeMatter it’s always nice to hear people really enjoy our work, and after the time we spent making it. It’s nice that you would take the time to list off the things you like about it.

No I designed Kriea’s specifically for her, it was the first of my k2 hilt models I built. It was shortly after my first play through, sort of a short version of a twisted wizards staff.

I have been thinking of making one for jolee for k1 out of bone ;) Just leave it to me to think outside the norm for saber hilt materials.

svösh

Don't mention it, that's what feedback is for ..right? = )
<snap> I thought I was being all smart 'n stuff. I thought you may have had it sitting before TSL and decided to include it in USM. To me it would have fit jolee well. ...But I totally get the wizstaff idea... nicely done. I loved the organic styling on the hilt(of course a green blade fit it perfectly). Keep thinking outside the box... u go! it was a work of art on its own.

General Kenobi
10-02-2005, 08:34 PM
I agree with ya up there CrudeMatter BUT my favorite part about Kreia's lightsaber isn't the hilt at all. :D I love it but my favorite part is the Crystal that gives it to you ;) I love how the crystal is supposed to be made in the hot sun of Tatoonie was genius :D
__________________________________________________ ______
OK T7 I went through my override and here's what I've got installed:

General Kenobi MOD Listing:

MAJOR MODS:

Holowan Plugin
High Level Force Powers V2
Ultimate Saber MOD

MODS:

Aakarra Joth Lightsaber (custom lightsaber mine)
Aakarra Joth Royal Robes
Atton's Custom Robe (mine)
Bao-Dur 2 Black Jedi Master From K1 (mine)
Kaiburr Crystal Edit (mine properties only)
Dark Jedi Master Robes Edit (mine texture only)
Defender of the Light Robes (mine)
Visas Stolen Hope of Katarr (purple USM custom edit on properties made as new uti saber edit; mine)
Hattori Hanzo Sword Bride's Blade (mine melee weapon)
Hattori Hanzo Sword Bill's Blade (mine melee weapon)
Hattori Hanzo Sword Buck's Blade (mine melee weapon)
HK-47 Bullet Holes/Battle Worn (mine texture edit)
Jedi Robes of Revelation (mine Bastila's robes)
KillRifle (mine)
Knockdown (custom blaster mine)
LightBringer (mine custom lightsaber)
Robes of Light (mine)
Mandalore's Prize (custom rifle)
Avenger Saber (Maverick187 lightsaber)
Melignous Blade (mine sword)
GilliaBoom!!! (custom high impact Thermal Detonator mine)
HeAdShOp MOD 1.0 (mine the armband mod;first one)
Darth Melignous Lightsaber (mine custom lightsaber)
Mira's Robes (mine)
Nemisis Saber (custom lightsaber)
Nomi SunRider's Lightsaber (mine made by Mav187 for me)
Nomi SunRider's Robe (mine)
Raven Mask (mine custom mask)
Sith Mask (mine custom mask)
Sith Robes (custom robes mine)
Sith Sythe (custom pink lightsaber mine)
T3 Feats (custom implant droid mine)
Thief Belt (mine)
Unlocked Doors (Darth333)
HaK_Pad (ChAiNz)
Defender's Wrist Console (mrdefender)
RedHawke's Correction Band (RedHawke)
Where Am I Armband (Darth333)
Stoffe's Combat Arena (Stoffe~mkb~)
Bao-Dur Charged Armor (ChAiNz)
Bao-Dur Field Goggles (T7)

That should be all of them :D T7 I checked all of the uti references for every saber other than USM sabers and all were below USM's starting out point for numbering so that parts good.

General Kenobi

svösh
10-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Thanks GK it was fun thinking that crystal description up actually and then modeling that melting eye with a crystal forming on the inside. Not being someone that knows the EU very well at all, I took places and events from the few sw games I have played and my way overactive imagination.

I see you have a custom Visas hilt there in your list I’m glad you like it, I really like the clean simple lines on it. To let you in on a little USM inside joke the raised braille on her hilt spells her name vertically :p *hinted to in the description*

I downloaded a braille font from the institute of the blind for the project.

@CrudeMatter no Atris’ prism is hers and you do get it either dark or light, but I have never gotten the Exile’s saber back from her, then again I play LS.
Unfortunately so late in the game there are only two opportunities to upgrade it, on the Ravenger and in the academy on Malicore, I made use of basic colour mixing with the crystal and hilt crystal, to make it a bit of fun too ;)

svösh

MdKnightR
10-03-2005, 01:42 AM
HRMPH! :disaprove None of mine are in your list!

Shem
10-03-2005, 03:58 AM
My favorite hilt is the Type-J hilt. What a sweet looking hilt. That is my PC hilt from now on, unless I get bored of it and see another I like.

CrudeMatter
10-03-2005, 07:37 AM
I agree with ya up there CrudeMatter BUT my favorite part about Kreia's lightsaber isn't the hilt at all. I love it but my favorite part is the Crystal that gives it to you I love how the crystal is supposed to be made in the hot sun of Tatoonie was genius

Touche'. Creative item story is a big part of rpg. I wouldn't have upL'ed anything if I didn't think I had something to share in that vein. I guess I was mostly commenting on the skills that seem most foreign to me. I am pretty light on computer skills, but I'm an old-school RP'er, so I guess creative storyline doesn't surprise me much. I take that kind of thing in stride(perhaps a little too much, apparently), but you're right, that was a special tidbit... if a tad gross.lol

Thanks GK it was fun thinking that crystal description up actually and then modeling that melting eye with a crystal forming on the inside. Not being someone that knows the EU very well at all, I took places and events from the few sw games I have played and my way overactive imagination.

I see you have a custom Visas hilt there in your list I’m glad you like it, I really like the clean simple lines on it. To let you in on a little USM inside joke the raised braille on her hilt spells her name vertically :p *hinted to in the description*

I downloaded a braille font from the institute of the blind for the project.

@CrudeMatter no Atris’ prism is hers and you do get it either dark or light, but I have never gotten the Exile’s saber back from her, then again I play LS.
Unfortunately so late in the game there are only two opportunities to upgrade it, on the Ravenger and in the academy on Malicore, I made use of basic colour mixing with the crystal and hilt crystal, to make it a bit of fun too ;)

svösh

ah... ok I can understand the rationale. I guess it just irritated me how the exile's saber is dangled in front of you early on but you never get it back. It felt like a tease. Besides, I usually use the Portable const bench, because I like the industrious elements in the game, so it would matter little to me... I could upgrade it anywhere/anytime. Not to mention that I would probably let Atris keep it if that were an option... I'm a dedicated light-sider too, and that kind of option seems like it would fit storyline well.
I thought that looked like braille on visas' hilt! That was slick, sneaky modder. Kudos on that one too. I'm gonna have to look at that more closely.
I really enjoy your creativity, keep up the great work... I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Shem
10-03-2005, 02:32 PM

And for some reason when I saw your custom Kreia hilt, it really hit me that the hilt was perfect for her. Good job, Svösh.

Arcker
10-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks T7nowwhere for your reply, at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's and they are upgraded and I've tried creating their sabers on and of the Hawk with no joy mira has no opion line for her creation of a saber and Bao only has option for creating the other custom USM lightsabers, so I was wondering if I've downloaded it incorrect or maybe I've missed someting.
Thanks again T7nowwhere and keep up the good work

RedHawke
10-06-2005, 12:37 AM
at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's
Now bear in mind I just helped to test the mod, but from what I remember, if you alter the original Jedi class of the NPC's you will be unable to build their sabers. I had to do some dialogue editing on my end to get it to work.

So this "Master class mod" might be the culprit stopping the NPC sabers from being built if it alters or changes the NPC Jedi classes... :(

Shem
10-06-2005, 05:36 AM
at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's and they are upgraded and I've tried creating their sabers on and of the Hawk with no joy mira has no opion line for her creation of a saber and Bao only has option for creating the other custom USM lightsabers, so I was wondering if I've downloaded it incorrect or maybe I've missed someting.

Mira's option line to have her build her saber is not in the opening options of dialogue like it is with the other party members. Though I haven't had the chance to test Mical (Disciple) yet. I found the lightsaber building line after the wanting to talk line. I thought I would point that out just in case you go back and convert Mira into a Jedi and don't change her class to try to make it work.

Shem
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?

T7nowhere
10-10-2005, 04:08 PM
One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?

Is it repeatable, If you load a save prior to entering the cave will he always have a default hilt?

Also check your Override to make sure you have k_fab_enter.ncs and dan_replcwep.ncs in it.

Black_Eye_90
10-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey I would also just like to give you all my thanks for making this mod. It made each of the characters in the game have a much more distinct personallity.....it just added so much flavour to what used to be a pretty bland and generic area of character creation

I am a particularly big fan of Atris's Prism Saber as I think that fits her perfectly

anyways I was just wondering...

have you guys ever considered making a USM for the original kotor? because now when I go back and play through that game I get that overwhelming generic feel again....

it would be really nice if you could add some personalitty to to the characters in that game too if you made a USM for kotor

lol imagine what you could do with all those jedi at the enclave.......

anyways thanks for making this great mod I really appreciate it

Shem
10-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Is it repeatable, If you load a save prior to entering the cave will he always have a default hilt?

I'm well past the point to recheck it as of now.

Also check your Override to make sure you have k_fab_enter.ncs and dan_replcwep.ncs in it.

Yeah, those files are in there.

Shem
10-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Here is a question. Are some of the scripts to put the lightsaber in the Jedi Masters based on certain conversations? Because for the first time I didn't have to challenge Vrook to a duel in the cave. I didn't have the conversation that "he can sense the taint of the Dark Side of the Force" in my character. This time he came out and turned on his lightsaber and attacked.

Another thing I have noticed, which is minor is the droid you can repair that right by the Ebon Hawk in Khoonda. The one who can play a past message with a conversation between Vrook and Vandar. In the hologram Vrook always has the default hilt. But then again being it was a message that is years earlier, and you can just play it off that Vrook simply contructed a new lightsaber since then.

T7nowhere
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Here is a question. Are some of the scripts to put the lightsaber in the Jedi Masters based on certain conversations?

No, none f the saber replacments are based on conversation choices I did everything I could to make it automatic. Most of them are attached to the modules onload scripts, so if the npc is in the module then the script to replace the saber will fire.

Another thing I have noticed, which is minor is the droid you can repair that right by the Ebon Hawk in Khoonda. The one who can play a past message with a conversation between Vrook and Vandar. In the hologram Vrook always has the default hilt. But then again being it was a message that is years earlier, and you can just play it off that Vrook simply contructed a new lightsaber since then.

I didn't actually find that until after USM was complete. I think the saber could be replaced though, I'll just have modify the spawn script for that scene.

jxxx22
10-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi, all
Please let me know what the best usm crystal to single, doubled and short lightsaber.

Darkkender
10-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi, all
Please let me know what the best usm crystal to single, doubled and short lightsaber.

All of them. :p But seriously it's all upon your own taste as to what is the best.

jxxx22
10-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Im saying about add more points to ur status to attack defense.]

Thanks!

Barachiel
10-26-2005, 07:48 PM
OK, here's my issue.

I'm using USM, and Bao-Dur is ONLY giving me the lightsaber construction/nevermind dialog option, preventing me from having any other conversation with him. I've reinstalled USM, and I just installed the Dialogue Update off the first page of this thread. Neither seems to have helped. *scritches head*

All the Jedi Councilors I've met ahve had their special sabers, and I've been able to get Visas, Atton, and Mira to build their own sabers, so everything is fine there. I was also having the Loot Drop problem, but I think the Random Loot update should fix that after i play some more.

Arátoeldar
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
A couple of noob questions :o

1) Where do I put the updated upcrystals.2da file?

2) Since you and TSLRP both have fixes for Visas Force and entering the Telos Jedi Academy problems. I assume that I should use yours.

Mono_Giganto
11-13-2005, 05:06 PM
1. Override.
2. Yes.

Starfighter08
11-18-2005, 06:19 PM
OK, here's my issue.

I'm using USM, and Bao-Dur is ONLY giving me the lightsaber construction/nevermind dialog option, preventing me from having any other conversation with him. I've reinstalled USM, and I just installed the Dialogue Update off the first page of this thread. Neither seems to have helped. *scritches head*

I have a similar problem. I'm using USM with the dialog update (and no other mod) and get the following error message when I try to talk to Bao-dur after I could choose the "learn the ways of the force" dialog option: Error: Conversation node ends with a END NODE or a CONTINUE NODE

Could it be because I have the German language version of KOTOR2? Other English language mods like some jedi robes mod I used in a previous game did work with next to no problem. The only problem being that I can't read the description of the items, it's just blank. Anything I can do about that (other than buying English language KOTOR2 I mean ;) )?

PS: Sorry for bombarding you guys with all that stuff, but I'd really like to use your mod. From what I could see up to now, Kreia's lightsabre has nice properties and the hilt does look good.

RedHawke
11-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Starfighter08, you might want to check out the Tools Page (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) and download the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter 0.5, I believe this program can help you with that. ;)

I hope this helps! :D

Arátoeldar
11-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Anyone have a complete items list of the USM and what the bonuses are for each item?

Starfighter08
11-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Starfighter08, you might want to check out the Tools Page (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) and download the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter 0.5, I believe this program can help you with that. ;)

The dialog now works, but I still can't read the descriptions of the crystals I have already collected and of Kreia's lightsabre. Do I have to start a new game or should altering the .uti do the trick?

Darkkender
11-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Anyone have a complete items list of the USM and what the bonuses are for each item?

Have you read the readme for the USM? I believe there is a list in there of the different sabers. Most of these weren't issued much if anything for special bonuses however the readme would also give further clues as such.

RedHawke
11-20-2005, 01:42 AM
The dialog now works, but I still can't read the descriptions of the crystals I have already collected and of Kreia's lightsabre. Do I have to start a new game or should altering the .uti do the trick?
Once you placed all the converted mod files into your games override, they won't instantly change in your savegame. See once you pick up an item or load a level it saves all the information to your savegame, so when you edit items they will not change unless you spawn a brand new one.

You will have to either break down the old version of the items in your save game, then either use KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) to add new versions of the items into your invantory, or you can always use the 'giveitem' cheat to spawn new updated ones.

Or you can always start a new game, but that is a little extreme. ;)

Starfighter08
11-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Once you placed all the converted mod files into your games override, they won't instantly change in your savegame. See once you pick up an item or load a level it saves all the information to your savegame, so when you edit items they will not change unless you spawn a brand new one.

You will have to either break down the old version of the items in your save game, then either use KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) to add new versions of the items into your invantory, or you can always use the 'giveitem' cheat to spawn new updated ones.

Or you can always start a new game, but that is a little extreme. ;)

Yes, it does help. :) Guess I'll just re-do Telos. That wont throw me back that much and that's also where most of the items I collected came from.

Starfighter08
11-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Other question. What jedi robes mod is compatible with the USM? I tried to get the info from the readme but I didn't really understand it.

CaptainWhyNot
11-23-2005, 05:39 AM
I've been using this great mod for a while now, :thmbup1:. My thanks to all who made it and made it possible. However, I've found a couple minor bugs in the upgraded BaoDur.dlg :smash: (don't know if they're in the original or not, haven't checked).

One, which I see has been mentioned before, is that when you say "nevermind" to building a saber with a special crystal, you still lose money and a standard saber (as they are taken away before that branch).

Another is that you can't actually build a blue negotiator due to the script name having a space at the end.

I have fixed these in my copy and would be glad to provide the file if you would like it, T7, or upload it PCGameMods (and wherever else within reason) if you give permission ;).

T7nowhere
11-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks for finding that CaptainWhyNot I thought I caught them all.

When I get back to updating the mod I'll include those fixes.

Starfighter08
11-23-2005, 10:25 AM
I've had something weird happening to me using the USM. It's on the Citadel Station after being released from housearrest (or whatever it's called in English). When I got my stuff back from the lockers, I saw that I got Bao Dur's sword too. It seems that it was there with my other stuff, not in a TSF locker. The only lead I have is the following. Before travelling to Cit Stat the first time, I had Kreia holding her sabre while in transit and wasn't able to retrieve it once I got released by the TSF (the saber seems to just have disappeared completely). I re loaded a savegame and removed the sabre from Kreia's hand and when I reached the same spot again Kreia's *and* Bao Dur's sabers were there.

T7nowhere
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
^^^ Did you cheat at all? And do you have a savegame before entering the entertainment module. PM me if you do.

Starfighter08
11-24-2005, 08:13 AM
^^^ Did you cheat at all? And do you have a savegame before entering the entertainment module. PM me if you do.

PM sent. No, I didn't cheat, I never do.

gedwill
12-01-2005, 07:56 PM
ok im new to themodding scene and downloaded and installed the mod for more lightsaber models a while back. Ok im into the game quite aways and havent come across any of them Am i missing something maybe? Keep in mind im a big time mod newb as well as a complete dunce at code, so if i have to put in a cheat or whatever let me know please. Thanks all for your time.

Keiko
12-01-2005, 08:48 PM
You can usually get the sabers by a cheat, and also, whats the mod name do you know? (K1 or K2)? :D

gedwill
12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
its for kotor 2 and its the ultimate saber mod usm i beleive, . Also i downloaded and installed it quite a while ago so who knows maybe i didnt install it correctly or something. But assuming that i did everything correctly are the new sabers just random drops or how does it work. Im bummed out as is. Thanks for your reply too btw.

STA Nirvana IND
12-01-2005, 09:09 PM
If it is a mod giving you custom sabers for the game then you would eiter have to use the Kotor Savegame Editor and add the items to your inventory with that (its pretty straight foward, if you dont know the (inventory code) names just add all the lightsabers to your inventory or usually the custom items are red) or you can do the give item cheat while in game but you must know the inventry code name for the item if you do this.

JediKnight707
12-01-2005, 09:50 PM
The USM is awesome for starters. How far into the game are you? I was at Telos Restoration Zone when I got my first one. I now have about five. You don't actually get a lightsaber you get a lightsaber crystal. Then you stick it in the approiate saber (like single or double). Bada-Bing!

gedwill
12-02-2005, 10:12 AM
The USM is awesome for starters. How far into the game are you? I was at Telos Restoration Zone when I got my first one. I now have about five. You don't actually get a lightsaber you get a lightsaber crystal. Then you stick it in the approiate saber (like single or double). Bada-Bing!

im finished with nar shadda and never acquired any special crystals or anything else from this usm thing. Already have my own saber but im just uber confused as to why im not coming across any special crystals etc. thanks

Vibro
12-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm getting TSL for the PC soon and I'll definitely be downloading this Mod. It looks awesome.

Emperor Devon
12-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I have greatly enjoyed the USM, and now that I'm playing KOTOR I again, I was hoping to port some of the sabers over to it. I may have experiencing when it comes to scripting and skinning, but I have none at all when it comes to modelling. How exactly would I port them over?

T7nowhere
12-04-2005, 08:26 PM
You would have to import the model into gmax and then delete everything except the hilt mesh then import a k1 model and re-rig the hilt.

Grifman
12-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Bear with me please, I am a bit confused by this statement in the readme about installation:

Personally I need to keep things organized and OE has made that possible since we can have mods in a subfolders within override, but you can't have mods in subfolders within subfolders. The game won't dig that deep.

Ok, forgive me if this is asking the obvious, but does this mean I can have subfolders in my Overide file for each of my mods (that would allow me to better keep track of them), and that I don't have to put the files for each mod directly into the Override folder where they would be all mixed up?

If so, I wasn't aware of this, but it certainly would make it easier to know what was what if you wanted to delete something. Though it might make it harder to know if you have a conflict between mods since you wouldn't get an overwrite warning message.

Can someone confirm if my understanding above is correct? Thanks.

Emperor Devon
12-06-2005, 10:06 PM
You can have subfolders, but it's not a good idea.

Grifman
12-06-2005, 10:11 PM
You can have subfolders, but it's not a good idea.

Well, that was certainly cryptic enough :) Care to expand a bit as to why it's not good? Thanks.

T7nowhere
12-07-2005, 01:36 AM
You can have subfolders, but when you install a new mod you have to be very aware of what files are being installed and what files you aready have installed. If you do start to use sub folders you should keep the 2da's in the main folder this will save you some trouble when installing mod that use the TSL patcher. If you want to use KSE to add modded items into your inventory those will also have to be the main override folder.

The reason its generally thought to be a bad idea to use subfolders because of the noob factor ;) as long as you keep track of the files then you shouldn't have any problems.

JediKnight707
12-07-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm just curious, do you get the other Jedi master's lightsabers? I got Vash's on Korriban, but beyond that...I haven't finished the game with the USM, but I figured that I would have gotten them by now. So, do you get them?

T7nowhere
12-07-2005, 02:09 AM
^^^ when they die you will get them, however you should only find vash's if you have completed the saber quest.

So if your DS you and loot their bodies and if you go LS, you will get them after you gather all remaining the masters together.

JediKnight707
12-07-2005, 03:05 AM
That's what I thought (I knew you could get them, I used KSE and got them), thank you (awesome mod too) :)

Grifman
12-07-2005, 07:14 PM
You can have subfolders, but when you install a new mod you have to be very aware of what files are being installed and what files you aready have installed. If you do start to use sub folders you should keep the 2da's in the main folder this will save you some trouble when installing mod that use the TSL patcher. If you want to use KSE to add modded items into your inventory those will also have to be the main override folder.

The reason its generally thought to be a bad idea to use subfolders because of the noob factor ;) as long as you keep track of the files then you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks, yeah, I figured common files between mods might be a problem if you didn't watch. Guess I've moved past the noob level then :)

mrdefender
12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
I recently created a workbench 2da file for my wrist console modification that would allow players to make (create/breakdown) all USM items without having to use the "giveitem" cheat (at 300+ items, this is certainly advantageous :)).

The USM, obviously, will definitley need to be installed for this to work properly, if the modification isn't installed then all the player would see is a very empty screen lol.

May I have your permission to release this 2da file with my next version (1.7, hopefully before xmas) :smash: :S

svösh
12-09-2005, 07:15 PM
^^^
Chainz originally considered adding them to his HaK pack but changed his mind. It would completely break the concept of the USM , the thing is we want people to play the game normally not cheat for the first 3 saber parts it causes problems with globals ,
and then not cheat to get the goodies but to find them , or get them for good or bad deeds.

Your intent is good but then makes the model placement and custom random loot script work all for not. As well as some of the semi-hidden models or extremely rare models that should only be obtained if you play it properly.

Sorry but for the sake of the overall idea behind the USM not being just a pack of a lot hilt and a lot of crystals and a readme with the item cheat codes.. and all of T7 and Darth333’s hard work of placing and scripting I personally will have to say no.

svösh

mrdefender
12-09-2005, 08:03 PM
No Worries :) I always tell people it's up to the authors of the mods to decide If I can or can't :)

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Jaden Kathel
12-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Could anyone tell me if I can get USM crystals using the GIVEITEM code on the console and if so how I can find out the relevant codes?

JediKnight707
12-09-2005, 09:50 PM
You can, but trust me use KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/mtools/kse_333.zip). It's so much better.

T7nowhere
12-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Well if you must cheat, follow Jedi_Knight_707 suggestion and use KSE. All the USM items are marked with USM_ .

Remember to back up your save game before editing it though.

Starfighter08
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
This is probably a n00b question but anyway: How do I "merge" the baseitem.2da file of this mod http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11687.html with that of USM? The jedi robes of that mod look really good and I'd like to use them with the new lightsabres.

Nodakrattler
12-13-2005, 09:48 PM
First you need Kotor Tool installed and then check this thread for instructions.

How to install mods? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)

Starfighter08
12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
First you need Kotor Tool installed and then check this thread for instructions.

How to install mods? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)

I managed to install KT and even compared the lines regarding robes and armor in baseitems.2da, but I can't see a difference between USM and Jedirobes mods. What am I doing wrong?

Nodakrattler
12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I managed to install KT and even compared the lines regarding robes and armor in baseitems.2da, but I can't see a difference between USM and Jedirobes mods. What am I doing wrong?

In the baseitems.2da for jedi robes the lines 104 & 105 are new lines for Prime's jedi armour, the Bandon and Kenobi style, in the USM these same lines are used for saber cystals and an armour from the [TSL]Segan_Wyndh_Armor_v2.0. So since the jedi robes has fewer lines it would be best to update the USM .2da with the new lines. Just copy over the info to two new lines to the bottom of the USM baseitems.2da, but you will have to enter a new (Row Label) number nothing special just use the next number in sequence. Now remember these number and open a_jediarmour_01.uti, a_jediarmour_87.uti, and a_jediarmour_88.uti files for the jedi robe mod and change the baseitem to your new ones.

Starfighter08
12-14-2005, 12:21 PM
In the baseitems.2da for jedi robes the lines 104 & 105 are new lines for Prime's jedi armour, the Bandon and Kenobi style, in the USM these same lines are used for saber cystals and an armour from the [TSL]Segan_Wyndh_Armor_v2.0. So since the jedi robes has fewer lines it would be best to update the USM .2da with the new lines. Just copy over the info to two new lines to the bottom of the USM baseitems.2da, but you will have to enter a new (Row Label) number nothing special just use the next number in sequence.

I didn't find out which ones where the new lines because I was basicly comparing the same baseitems.2da. I realized that later on and changed the line numbers accordingly.

Now remember these number and open a_jediarmour_01.uti, a_jediarmour_87.uti, and a_jediarmour_88.uti files for the jedi robe mod and change the baseitem to your new ones.

And that's the reason why it still didn't work. Thank you very much. :)

Two things I'd like to know (because my modding experience consists of about half an hour trying to understand the tools):
1. Those three armour types you named are the only ones who need changing, right? I'd say the actual robes use lines that are already there, but I'm not really sure.
2. A very important question: Will I have to start a new game after having made these changes?

T7nowhere
12-14-2005, 04:13 PM
A very important question: Will I have to start a new game after having made these changes?

No, but if you have those items that were changed in your inventory then you will have to reload them. The simplest solution would be to use the work bench to break the items down and then save and use KSE to re-add the items into your inventory, or you can use the giveitem cheat.

Starfighter08
12-14-2005, 05:54 PM
No, but if you have those items that were changed in your inventory then you will have to reload them. The simplest solution would be to use the work bench to break the items down and then save and use KSE to re-add the items into your inventory, or you can use the giveitem cheat.

Good to know. Fortunately that doesn't apply here, because I couldn't find any robes so far (since I managed to combine both mods only half-way through Peragus). IIRC they must be created using a workbench and you need a certain skill level. I was just wondering because they didn't show up on the available items list of the workbench. Guess that too depends on the skill level you need for the robes.

T7nowhere
12-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I was just wondering because they didn't show up on the available items list of the workbench. Guess that too depends on the skill level you need for the robes.

Ya it might be dependant on the PC's skill( I don't really use the work bench to create anything but weapon upgrades so I can't say with any certainty), you know though that you can also use Party NPC's to use their skills at work bench's outside of the Ebon Hawk. I always get Bao-Dur to build all my Saber upgrades for me ;) .

Starfighter08
12-17-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm half-way through Nar Shaddaa in my first USM game and Bao-Dur and Atton are Jedi. Now I wonder how/when they create their own sabers. I had some trouble understanding the relevant part of the readme:

"Additionally after the LS quest is complete Bao-Dur will be able to build the New USM lightsabers provided you have 1 usm crystal, 1 default game hilt and 900 credits for parts.

The NPC's that are trainable as Jedi will also build their own lightsabers after the initial training. Additionally Kreia will join your part with her own custom lightsaber and Visas will Build a new one after you destroy hers."

Does that mean that I have to find a conventional light saber and hand it over to Bao-Dur or give it to the new Jedi or should everyone of them be able to create their own lightsaber from scratch?

T7nowhere
12-17-2005, 07:26 PM
The npc's will be able to create there own lightsabers when they becaome Jedi, simply talk to them and the dialog option will appear, that is unless your using a mod that changes their normal Jedi multi-class.

JediKnight707
12-19-2005, 12:29 AM
I just played through the part where the Jedi Masters try to cut off your force connection, and I didn't get their sabers. Do you know why?

T7nowhere
12-19-2005, 03:32 AM
I just played through the part where the Jedi Masters try to cut off your force connection, and I didn't get their sabers. Do you know why?

Did you try to rummage through their clothes?

JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 01:24 AM
When I clicked on them, it just said "it looks like they were drained of the force" or that kinda thing.

T7nowhere
12-20-2005, 01:46 AM
^^^
First did the Jedi masters have their sabers in their hands?

Check your override folder to make sure 650jedi.dlg and givesaber.ncs are there. Next If the above files are there open 650jedi.dlg and click on the first node that says "[This master is dead... drained of life. His body is worse than lifeless, it's like an absence in the Force.]" and see if the "givesaber" is in script box 2.

JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 02:38 AM
No givesaber in the second slot. Guess thats the problem :p

T7nowhere
12-20-2005, 05:31 AM
If you add it it will work, though you will have to go through that scene again.

Did you download any game fixes for that scene of the game and then overwrite the USM dlg, because my copy has the script as does the dlg in the released rar.

JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 06:13 AM
I guess I must of :( Thanks for the help :)

GrandMaster
12-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Okay here goes. I downloaded this mod a couple of weeks back, absolutely awesome, big pat on the back for all of you!!!!!! I came across this page whilst looking for an answer for a couple of tiny glitchs. The first one i read about in here is the "only getting a couple of crystals" was anything done about this or was just deemed to be bad luck :) . Also i cant seem to change the sabers colour crystal after Bao Dur has created it my whole game justs gives up and i have to restart from my last save point!!! Has anyone else mentioned this (i couldnt find it on the thread). one last point that i forgot is does Bao dur make his own saber? because that wont trigger either!! Like i said just minor things that wont stop game play but just thought id mention them to see if was just me or a wider problem!!!!!! Other than that keep up the excellent work and stay looking smug for a long time (after this mod you deserve it) :thmbup1: ps i have just done the updates so tell me im an idiot if they are fixed in those couldnt get update 4 though came up with strange writing, comp speak i think!

JediKnight707
12-27-2005, 10:17 PM
1.) Lack of crystals -> Bad luck :(
2.) Game gives up -> Yeah, 'cause the upcrystals.2da thingy - long explanation, it happens to all of us
3.) Bao-Dur saber -> If he won't do it in the Ebon Hawk, then try it outside 'cause the Ebon Hawk restricts scripts
and on your PS, what the hell did you say? Try to use a period or 2...

ChAiNz.2da
12-28-2005, 10:10 AM
ps i have just done the updates so tell me im an idiot if they are fixed in those couldnt get update 4 though came up with strange writing, comp speak i think!
That's probably my bad :o

The file (update 4) is a .2da file but it's not packed in a .zip format, it's just the raw file.

You'll need to either Shift+Click the link or try Alt+Click the link... it should then give you an option to save the file rather than display the "code" ;)

If worse comes to worse, Right-Click the link and "Save as" to a directory on your system where you can find it :)

I didn't zip it because it's only 2kb and it seemed a bit of a waste for users to have to go through hoops just to get a tiny file :D (maybe I should rethink that strategy).. hehehe

GrandMaster
12-28-2005, 03:00 PM
ok Thanks for clearing that up for me! I;ll have to play again and see if my luck improves, for some nice shiny sabers!!! Keep up the good work and well done (again!!) for creating an awesome mod :clap2: I still couldnt get update 4 though alt or cntrl click did nothing, could it be because im in the uk? the "save as" was that "save as target"? cos that didnt work either!

ChAiNz.2da
12-28-2005, 03:17 PM
I still couldnt get update 4 though alt or cntrl click did nothing, could it be because im in the uk? the "save as" was that "save as target"? cos that didnt work either!
Hmm...

One last thing you can try is to let the page of code load completely, then saving the page as "upcrystals.2da" (without quotes)...

If that doesn't work, let us know and I'll pack the file in a .zip for everyone :)

Vibro
12-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Just downloading this hack now, looks brilliant! :)

GrandMaster
12-28-2005, 09:22 PM
One last thing you can try is to let the page of code load completely, then saving the page as "upcrystals.2da" (without quotes)...

Okay tried that and saved into my overide folder, went and checked the file and its shows it as a HTML file!!! so i presume it hasn't worked again? Has anyone else had this problem? It could just be me being a bit slow and missing somethig! :rolleyes: Also i tried tlking with Bao Dur outside of the Hawk and still no saber!! also no joy with Mira either but they are the only two! any ideas of what to try to fix that, idon't think i have deleted any of the files or anything!

ChAiNz.2da
12-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Okay tried that and saved into my overide folder, went and checked the file and its shows it as a HTML file!!! so i presume it hasn't worked again?
No worries :)

I have updated the link for Update #4. It is now a .zip file so it should work for you :)

Once you download the .zip file. Unpack it and drop it (the .2da file) into your override directory. However, if you've made any changes to the upcrystals.2da file since you installed it the first time (such as installed new mods that may have utilized the .2da and the TSL Patcher) those changes will be lost.

If you haven't installed any mods or changes to the upcrystals.2da, then all should be well :)

GrandMaster
12-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Ok that seems to have worked thanks very much for that, and keep up the good work!

5paidz
01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Umm has anyone thought to porting this great mod into the Xbox, i would appreciate it.

Thx

AnakinSolaris
01-05-2006, 11:41 AM
This mod is fantastic! But does anyone else thing that the long-sabre (Sagon-something) should prevent you holding another weapon in the off-hand. Its so long its like a two-handed sword, but you can put one in each hand if you want.

ChAiNz.2da
01-05-2006, 11:51 AM
This mod is fantastic! But does anyone else thing that the long-sabre (Sagon-something) should prevent you holding another weapon in the off-hand. Its so long its like a two-handed sword, but you can put one in each hand if you want.
ACK! * throws a wet noodle at AnakinSolaris * .. hehehe...

If I had thought about it earlier, I probably would've done just that, but the Segan sabers were some I had made many moons ago for KotOR, then ported them over to TSL for the USM..

Perhaps one day I might give them a second (or third rather) go-around.. but it'd probably be a brand new model rather than ressurecting these 'ancient' models ;)

I do like the suggestion though :D

ciiirala
01-10-2006, 05:21 PM
I just have to say that this is my favorite mod that I've downloaded to date. When I first downloaded it I was just in awe when the Doors opened and Kriea has her "Walking Stick" in hand. I just knew that it was going to be like playing a new game at that point.

The attention to detail you all put into this mod is amazing to me. I've found at least two of the easter eggs you have planted. I know that I have some mod conflicts that I'm going to try to work out on my own, Mainly with Dialog issues, being that I've never done any mods it should be fun.

After I downloaded it I went through KSE and the shear number of items you all added to the game just astounded me let alone all the dialog and extras. It's no wonder it took 4 of you to do this mod. I was just giddy when I started seeing the new Saber hilts. Truly an amazing gift to us. Thanks for all the work.

Jedi General
01-23-2006, 03:04 PM
OK, i have a prob, i cant access pcgamemods.com, i get the game selector screen, i select the game, in tbhis case TSL, it loads, says done and gives me a white screen.

Any other sites or mirrors of this download would be apprietiated, i want this but i cant get it.

JG

ChAiNz.2da
01-23-2006, 03:30 PM
OK, i have a prob, i cant access pcgamemods.com, i get the game selector screen, i select the game, in tbhis case TSL, it loads, says done and gives me a white screen.

Any other sites or mirrors of this download would be apprietiated, i want this but i cant get it.

JGClick the "My Mods" link in my sig.. or better yet:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM.htm

Don't forget to download the updates located in the very first post of this thread :)

Ghost Down
01-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Hey guys..got a small prob..Malak saber hilt is all black....so is there away to fix this ?

- Dream Evil :vamp1:

Nodakrattler
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
First check to make sure everything is installed correctly and nothing else is causing a problem. If need be reinstall the mod.

Shem
01-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Hey guys..got a small prob..Malak saber hilt is all black....so is there away to fix this ?
Sounds like it's missing its skin file (.tga file).

Ghost Down
01-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Yeh..TGA isnt there...probly left out of the mod..cause its isnt in the RAR too..

T7nowhere
01-26-2006, 03:47 AM
^^^ it's in there, the skin is called t7_nemisis01.tga

Ghost Down
01-26-2006, 03:52 AM
Yeh..its there..heh..but why is the hilt then black ?

T7nowhere
01-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Maybe your video card doesn't like the shader.

Try this : Find the t7_nemisis01.txi, open it and change T7_chrome to chrome1 and save the file.

So it looks like this envmaptexture chrome1

edit: btw are the Sith troopers in your game gold or silver?

Ghost Down
01-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Hmmm..ill try..still weird though that it isnt working, cause all the other hilts are. Also my vid probly supports it..cause im running an MSI Nvidia GeForce NX6600GT 128MB
but ill try out what u said..

EDIT: Stormies are plain 'ol chrome ..

EDIT 2: ok..i changed to chrome1..lets hope it works now..

EDIT 3: SUCCES!!! Its working..thanks T7..

Darth Xana
01-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi, Im a noob. How can you edit one of the USM sabers to have a black blade?

Darth Anorien
01-29-2006, 10:20 AM
So far I've been happy with the mod, but it's kinda weird to take saber crystals from a random thug. For example I took crystal from a Gamorrean guard in Exhange office on Telos. It's no bad, it's just weird.

How I will feel in future about mod? We'll see

Shem
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
I took crystal from a Gamorrean guard in Czerka office on Telos. It's no bad, it's just weird.
It's part of the random loot. Gotta get the crystals somewhere.

redfez
01-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I started a new game to try out the mod. In Peragus when I first get Kreia on my team, the game crashes when I open up her inventory. Any help for the bug?

ChAiNz.2da
01-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I started a new game to try out the mod. In Peragus when I first get Kreia on my team, the game crashes when I open up her inventory. Any help for the bug?Do you have any other mods running? If so, which ones...

Also, is the USM contained in any sub-folders in your override?

Darth Anorien
01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
It's part of the random loot. Gotta get the crystals somewhere.
I know that, it is just little bit weird to get so rare crystal from low ranked people.

redfez
01-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Do you have any other mods running? If so, which ones...

Also, is the USM contained in any sub-folders in your override?

nope, only running the USM and not using any sub-folders.

lightexile
02-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey all. I was wondering if there was a list of codes for the USM mod to get a specific saber or crystal you want from the mod? Thanks.