PDA

View Full Version : One of those threads where...

Lady Jedi
07-16-2005, 04:09 PM
....we discuss music! Yay!

So what's everyone listening to lately? Genres, artists, etc. As for me, a lot. To be more specific:

Rock:
Creed - Weathered and Human Clay
Nickelback - Silver Side Up and The Long Road
Evanescence - Fallen

Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball. She has an amazing voice, and this album has something of a lingering and haunting sound. So good. :)
Shooter Jennings - Put the 'O' Back in Country. Yup, the son of Waylon Jennings. Great album. If you like the classic country like Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, etc. you'd probably like this.
Kenny Chesney - No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems

Other:
Live - Awake: The Best of Live. Great. Somewhat addictive.
The Wallflowers - Rebel, Sweetheart. Not their best, but very good.

Plus plenty more. How about you guys? :)

IG-64
07-16-2005, 04:30 PM
I recently heard 2 Fall Out Boy songs, and really liked them. So Bongo(Bob)'s gonna send me some more in the mail, along with bunches more music. :)

I also discovered an old song that I used to listen to years ago. Fastball - The Way. Tis a nice song.

tags
07-16-2005, 04:34 PM
:clap2: :sing9: VeggieTales Soundtrack :yeldance: :bounce1: :rock:

IG-64
07-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by tags
:clap2: :sing9: VeggieTales Soundtrack :yeldance: :bounce1: :rock:

*shoots you with tranquilizer gun*

*has no effect*

Father Torque
07-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Weeeeeeeee, am music thread...:)

Jazz-

John Coltrane
Charlie Parker
Charles Mingus
Art Blakey
Wayne Shorter
Wynton Marsalis
Duke Ellington
Benny Goodman
Arty Shaw
Herbie Hancock
Stan Getz
Nick Brignola
Oscar Peterson
JJ Johnson
Ben Webster

... I could literaly go on for ever.

- Classic Rock

AC/DC
The Stones
Queen
The Who - Pinball Wizard = the shiznit
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Tom Petty
Led Zeppelin
Chicago

Funk-

Tower of Power
The Commodores
Lionel Richie
Jaco Pastorious

Disco-

Da' Bee Gees

Ya, I like music. Especially Jazz, cause i'm a cool cat :D

Lady Jedi
07-16-2005, 05:24 PM
I also discovered an old song that I used to listen to years ago. Fastball - The Way. Tis a nice song.
Hey, I haven't heard that one in ages. Great song. It can get stuck in your head for days. Days I tell you! :D
- Classic Rock
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Awesome stuff there. Jackson Browne and The Eagles are good too. :)

Anyone heard of Calexico? No? Didn't think so. Heh. Anyway I've got the CD Hot Rail (http://tinyurl.com/cmdsh) and it's awesome. Recommended by a friend of a friend of my brother's. So good. Some songs are instrumental, others have lyrics, and most of them have a Mariachi band. :D

Hermie
07-16-2005, 05:30 PM
T minus 30 posts until flame war ignition....

I like good music. Doesn't matter what genre, as long as its good. True, my iPod contains mostly Rock, with decent dashes of Jazz, Blues and Classical, but I have two hip-hop songs and a little Beatles to boost. List you say?

AC/DC, Purple, Zep, Aerosmith, Sabbath, Aunt Mary, Doors, Velvet Revolver, Eagles, Zappa, Gluecifer, GNR, Meat Loaf, Bowie, Floyd, Stones, Danny Elfman, John Williams, Bach, Blues Brothers, John Coltrane, Dylan, Miles Davis and so on and so on.

jebbers
07-16-2005, 07:35 PM
w00t for teh creed fans!

*dodges fists and thrown objects*

but I've been listening to mezmerize by system...

alot of The Mars Volta - deloused in the comatorium and frances the mute...

Macross Plus soundtrack I & II

311 - 311, grassroots, transistor, evolver...

bunch of others that elude me right now

Mike Windu
07-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Kingdom Hearts Original Sound Track
FF7 Original Sound Track
Seal - Fly like an Eagle
The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
Fall Out Boy - Dance Dance
Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Goin Down
Outkast - B.O.B.
Outkast - Ms. Jackson
Cat Stevens - Peace Train
Snow Patrol - Run
Blink 182 - First Date

:D

Tyrion
07-16-2005, 09:01 PM
The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, Nirvana, Dream Theater, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Buffalo Springfield, The Meat Puppets, Santana, The Pixies, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Metallica, The Shins, The Goo-Goo Dolls, Weezer, Vivaldi(w00t!), Queen, and The Presidents of the United States of America are what I'm most interested in right now.

There's also Stanley Jordan, and while I'm not too keen on his songs he's an awesome guitar player and can do a wicked cover of Eleanor Rigby.

It's strange, but I'm much more interested in the older music like from the 60's and 70's than the newer stuff from the 90's and this decade.

Edit- Lady Jedi, is The Wallflowers the band with Jason Dylan as the lead singer?

Lady Jedi
07-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Edit- Lady Jedi, is The Wallflowers the band with Jason Dylan as the lead singer?

It's Jakob Dylan. ;) Yeah, that's the band. I've never liked Bob Dylan, but his son's got it nailed. :D I've got all their albums except for the first, and I think that Breach is the best. Then Rebel, Sweetheart and Red Letter Days, with Bringing Down the Horse being my least favorite. Their music is just great; I can get totally pulled in with it. :)

IG-64
07-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by jebbers
w00t for teh creed fans!

w00t, 6 feet from the edge for the win. :^:

edlib
07-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Bought an early Danny Gatton CD today: "Unfinished Business"
Been looking for that one for years.

Still looking for early Allan Holdsworth (Metal Fatigue) on CD though...

Recently bought Eric Johnson's new CD "Bloom" been listening to that one a lot, although it really doesn't compare to his earlier ones.

In the car I have Steely Dan, Yes, Rush, and the G3 concert disc with Satriani, Johnson, and Vai.

Saw a televised concert last night of Garbage (Shirley Manson is kinda hypnotic to watch...) doing some of thier new stuff, which inspired me to dredge up some mp3s of them I have, and I have been listening to them most of the day.

Father Torque
07-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by edlib
In the car I have Steely Dan...

:eek: Holy Crud,

I *heart picture *Steely Dan. My dad is an uber fan and we have almost all thier CD's, even though the lead singer looks like a vampire.

I was actualy listening to Two Against Nature and Aja the other day. Say, what are your favorite Steely Dan songs?:D

edlib
07-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Anything off "The Royal Scam" especially 'Don't Take Me Alive' and 'Kid Charlemagne'

Also:

Bodhisvatta
Charlie Freak
Pretzel Logic
Lunch With Gina
Do It Again

I mean, it's all good! Hard to choose. Depends what mood I'm in...

A couple of other things that I've been listening to lately (as evidenced by the CDs being piled up next to the PC):

Dream Theater: Images and Words
Stevie Ray Vaughan: Couldn't Stand the Weather
More Steely Dan (Pretzel Logic and Katy Lied)
The Allman Brothers Band: Dreams - Disc 3 and 4

Right now, as I type this, I have Iron Maiden's "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" playing.

Astrotoy7
07-17-2005, 01:54 AM
wow, a music thread not started by Pie/Gothix or Groovy :p

I cant be bothered listing things... save to say that I am listening to a little less metal at the moment and a little more drum'n'bass, namely ive switched from brutal riffs and vocals to brutal basslines that have literally wrecked the speakers in my car :( (gonna cost me $300 to freakin fix!) check my sig link if curious. Plus the ladies at drumnbass gigs are far sexier than the trolls you get at metal concerts :D

mtfbwya

ZBomber
07-17-2005, 02:10 AM
In order to not have to list a thousand bands, I'll name my top five favorite, and you can use your imaginations to guess the rest.

1. Aerosmith = Best band ever.
2. AC/DC
3. Led Zeppelin
4. The Rolling Stones
5. Queen

TiE23
07-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Artists in no order: Moby, Chronic Future, Paul Oakenfold, Green Day, Scape Goat Waxx, Jurrasic 5, Weird Al, Ramones, AC/DC, Blood Hound Gang, AfroMan, Eminem, John Mayer, Blur, Bare Naked Ladies, Linkin Park (STFU, I own one CD), Gorillaz, some Metallica, some System of the Down.

Check out the Feel Good Inc. Music Video (http://www.virgin.net/music/musicvideos/gorillaz_feelgoodinc_hi.html), its pretty damn cool.

Favorite genres:
1. Alternative
2. Dance/Techno (not trance)
3. Pop/Rap
4. Rock
5. Classical (I like the powerful stuff)

I would more likely kill you if you listened to:
1. Country
2. Blue Grass
3. Honky Tonk

>_< :p

TiE

Jed
07-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Lately...

Barenaked Ladies - Maroon [Go Home is one of my favorite tracks >_>]
The Wallflowers - Red Letter Days/Bringing Down the Horse/Breach Rebel, Sweetheart isn't really my cup of tea]
David Bowie - Heathen [One of my favorite Bowie albums]
Fastball - Keep Your Wig On [their lastest album, which is really a LOT better than Harsh Light of Day]

Other artists: Aerosmith, Elton John, Matthew Good, The Beatles, Creedance Clearwater Revival, AC/DC, Bee Gees, ELO, Matchbox 20...

GothiX
07-17-2005, 03:04 AM
Favorite genres and artists within the genre I like most:

Gothic rock/new wave
Bauhaus
Sisters Of Mercy
Joy Division
Depeche Mode
The Cure

Gothic Metal
Nightwish
Epica
Trail Of Tears
Sirenia
After Forever
Lacuna Coil
Leave's Eyes

Powermetal
Iced Earth
Hammerfall
Dream Evil
Sonata Arctica
Siebenburgen

Death metal
Morbid Angel
Arch Enemy
Illnath
Summoning
Goatwhore

Yeah. I was bored and decided to mention some bands. :p

Mike Windu
07-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Such varied taste GothiX :D. All categories have either gothic or metal in them.

<3

acdcfanbill
07-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by GothiX

Gothic Metal
Leave's Eyes
the new album is pretty good imho. :)

Tyrion
07-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Jed

David Bowie - Heathen [One of my favorite Bowie albums]

Now, would you recommend Heathen over The Man Who Sold the World? I'm wondering what Bowie album to get next, 'cause I only have Diamond Dogs.

Jed
07-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Now, would you recommend Heathen over The Man Who Sold the World? I'm wondering what Bowie album to get next, 'cause I only have Diamond Dogs.

Well Heathen is definitely a lot different than earlier Bowie stuff. If you're more of a fan of Diamond Dogs, I'd say stick with The Man Who Sold the World.

Also, I highly recommend picking up the Best of Bowie 2CD set - helps you discover which stuff you'd like the most, and it's an awesome collection.

El Sitherino
07-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Herminator
T minus 30 posts until flame war ignition....

Indeed.

Originally posted by Herminator
I like good music. Doesn't matter what genre, as long as its good. True, my iPod Touch contains mostly Rock, with decent dashes of Jazz, Blues and Classical, but I have a few hip-hop songs and a little lot of Beatles to boost. List you say?

AC/DC, Purple,Zep, Aerosmith, Sabbath, Aunt Mary, Doors, Velvet Revolver, Eagles, Zappa, Gluecifer, GNR, Meat Loaf, Bowie, Floyd, Stones, Danny Elfman, John Williams, Bach, Blues Brothers, John Coltrane, Dylan, Miles Davis and so on and so on.

^

I also have a lot of vocal trance because Trance > House, D&B, and Breakbeats.

Curt-Man
07-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Led Fricken Zeppelin all the bloody way!

GothiX
07-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
Such varied taste GothiX :D. All categories have either gothic or metal in them.

<3

Listen to Bauhaus, then listen to Hammerfall. You'll see that they're nothing alike. ;)

Originally posted by acdcfanbill
the new album is pretty good imho. :)

Yeah, it is. I love how they combine sirene female vocals with deep grunts.

CapNColostomy
07-18-2005, 05:03 AM
Two of my all time favorite bands have recorded new stuff lately, and they've been in pretty steady rotation around my place.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009NSE1K.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The new Clutch is great. But even though it's not out yet, I've heard all of the new Soilent Green. I can't say enough good things about these guys. Easily my favorite band ever, and some of the most complicated non-hair metal ever made.

http://shop.relapse.com/dbimages/sleeves/6644LP_216.jpg

Astrotoy7
07-18-2005, 06:31 AM
for anyone intending on flaming please use these new VB tags :)

[my music>your music]xxx[/yourmusicsucks] :p

mtfbwya

toms
07-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Recently:

Razorlight & Kaiser Chiefs (since they rocked on live8)

Secret Machines - Especially "Sad and Lonely"

Experimenting with The Magic Numbers, but not sure if i like them or not yet.

Faithless - Greatest Hits

Groove Armada - Greatest Hits

Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyse

Went to a festival yesterday, but that was all unsigned bands. Most of them rocked though.

Heh.. Live..
Used to listen to Throwing Copper all the time at my mates house while we were drinking vodka and watching skate videos while getting ready to go out on a saturday night. (years ago, when i was 17 or so).
Heard it at a party recently and that prompted me to download the album.
First half is great, second half sucks... but i'm not sure if that is because we never got as far as the second half of the album back then.

ET Warrior
07-28-2005, 12:52 AM
I've been listening to a lot of Snow Patrol as of recent. I like their sound.

Darth Groovy
07-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by edlib

Also:

Bodhisvatta

I never get sick of Steely Dan. Bodhisvatta has one of the most amazing guitar solos I have ever heard recorded.

Two of my favorite karaoke jams are "Do It Again" and "FM".

Lately I been feeding myself on a steady diet of Nine Inch Nails. I love the new album, despite what others are saying, it's fantastic. Trent's lyrics are usually craptastic, but you listen to it for the production values. The album is more solid than past works, and sounds more organic, and less digital. The work from guess musicians pays off better in this one than it did on The Fragile.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Well Tyrion, you COULD go with the double disc compilation, but it was limited, and MAY be hard to find, unless you get it second hand. Since you are more of a "classic rock" type guy, I think your next choice should be The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, and the Spiders From Mars, followed by Aladdin Sane. Both those albums feature his classic line up, of Trevor Bolder, Mick Ronson, Mike Garson and Mick Woodmansey. "Ziggy" is considered to be one of the most classic of the Bowie collection and his first "Concept Album". "Diamond Dogs, is a concept album only because it was his failed score to a musical version of George Orwell's 1984. When Orwell's wife denied him permision to make the musical, Bowie, wrote, performed and recorded all the songs himself as "Diamond Dogs". After Mick Ronson's Death in the mid 90's Bowie comented that he "never had a band as talented and prolific as "The Spiders". Bowie is a man of many changes, so once you absorb the "classic rock" era of David Bowie, i'll steer you in the right direction. ;)

Tyrion
07-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Well Tyrion, you COULD go with the double disc compilation, but it was limited, and MAY be hard to find, unless you get it second hand. Since you are more of a "classic rock" type guy, I think your next choice should be The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, and the Spiders From Mars, followed by Aladdin Sane. Both those albums feature his classic line up, of Trevor Bolder, Mick Ronson, Mike Garson and Mick Woodmansey. "Ziggy" is considered to be one of the most classic of the Bowie collection and his first "Concept Album". "Diamond Dogs, is a concept album only because it was his failed score to a musical version of George Orwell's 1984. When Orwell's wife denied him permision to make the musical, Bowie, wrote, performed and recorded all the songs himself as "Diamond Dogs". After Mick Ronson's Death in the mid 90's Bowie comented that he "never had a band as talented and prolific as "The Spiders". Bowie is a man of many changes, so once you absorb the "classic rock" era of David Bowie, i'll steer you in the right direction. ;)

Yeah. About that. I already went and got both The Man Who Sold the World and Ziggy Stardust. Both albums are awesome. So should I go with Aladin Sane next? However, Young Americans sounds good though because of John Lennon being on it, and Heathen has a cover of Cactus on it(favorite song from The Pixies) so I'm a just a tad bit confused on what to get.:p

Darth Groovy
07-28-2005, 01:48 AM
When Bowie did Young Americans he was going through a "soul" phase. Unfortunately the title track is the best one on the album. So if you loved Ziggy, and The Man Who Sold The World, your next best choice would be Aladdin Sane. ;)

Pie™
07-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Black Metal: Darkthrone, Carpathian Forest, Disiplin, Burzum, Immortal, Bathory, Myrkskog, Gorgoroth, older Satyricon, Isengard, Venom, Windir, Nattefrost.

Gothic Rock: The Cure, Bauhaus, The Sisters Of Mercy, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Birthday Party, Joy Division, The 69 Eyes, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Fields Of The Nephilim, Christian Death (Rozz Williams' version), Nosferatu.

Darkwave: Clan Of Xymox, London After Midnight, Black Tape For A Blue Girl, The Crüxshadows.

Dark Metal: Poisonblack, Tristania, Sentenced, Type O Negative, older Theatre Of Tragedy (the new stuff sucks).

Power Metal: Children Of Bodom, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Blind Guardian.

Industrial: Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Gothminister, Ministry, Mortiis, Einstürzende Neubauten.

Other genres: Danzig, Depeche Mode, Opeth, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Tori Amos, Carcass, Deicide, Amon Amarth, Misfits.

IMO Ziggy is Bowie's best album... :p

toms
07-28-2005, 10:01 AM
What is the difference between Black Metal and Dark Metal?

What is Darkwave?

To think on my mp3 player it all just goes under "rock"...:eek:

Pie™
07-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by toms

What is Darkwave?

To think on my mp3 player it all just goes under "rock"...:eek: Black metal band:
http://user.tninet.se/~unx908x/pictures/mayhem-dead_euro2.jpg

Dark metal band:
http://photo.sing365.com/music/picture.nsf/Sentenced-photo/D62127612A3D241048256CCE0012507E/$file/sentenced.jpg

Darkwave is what links gothic rock bands like Bauhaus to industrial rock bands as Nine Inch Nails. :)

Hermie
07-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by toms

What is Darkwave?
Don't ever ever get Pie started on his genres. Let's just say you got of easy this time. >_>

BongoBob
07-29-2005, 02:49 AM
This has got to be the longest that we've gone without a flame war in a music thread. Keep it up :)

Anyhow, I've been listening to...

Adema - Unstable
Coheed And Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3
Dropkick Murphys - The Warriors Code
Fallout Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Green Day - Dookie, American Idiot, Nimrod
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, Reanimation
My Chemical Romance - 3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge
System of a Down - Toxicity, Steal This Album, Mezmerize
The Offspring - Americana, Splinter, Greatest Hits
Chevelle - Wonder Whats Next
Bowling For Soup - Drunk Enough to Dance, Hangover You Don't Deserve
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf, Lullabyes to Paralyze
Riddlin Kids - Hurry Up And Wait
Rise Against - Siren Song Of The Counter Culture
Sublime - Sublime
The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatourium, Francis the Mute

That's all that I can think of right now.

toms
07-29-2005, 10:05 AM
I get to see Queens of the Stone age and Dropkick Murphys live in a few weeks at the reading festival! Yay!. Also get to see the Pixies, which should be cool.

The_One
07-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Here's a fairly comprehensive list. I'm sure I've missed a few, but you *did* ask ;)

Aerosmith
Alice in Chains
Anthrax
Apocalyptica
Audioslave
Bad Religion
Ben Harper
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Black Sabbath
Blind Boys of Alabama
Blind Melon
Bob Dylan
Brad
Béla Fleck
CCR
Chris Cornell
Chris Franke
Clutch
Corrosion Of Conformity
Counting Crows
Cream
Crowbar
Dave Matthews Band
David Bowie
David Rees-Williams Trio
Deftones
Desert Sessions
Dire Straits
Donavon Frankenreiter
Down
EchoBrain
Elton John
Faith No More
Fantômas
Frank Black
Fugazi
G. Love
Jack Johnson
Jeff Healey
Jerry Cantrell
Jim Martin
Jimi Hendrix
John Butler Trio
Kyuss
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Machine Head
Metallica
Mike Oldfield
Monster Magnet
Mr. Bungle
Neil Young
Ozzy Osbourne
Pantera
Pearl Jam
Pixies
Prodigy
Queen
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Ramones
Screaming Trees
Silverchair
Simon & Garfunkel
Soundgarden
Stone Gossard
Stone Temple Pilots
Temple of the Dog
The Beatles
The Darkness
The La's
The Offspring
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Who
Three Fish
Tomahawk
Unida
Victor Wooten
Wellwater Conspiracy
Xavier Rudd

By the way - thankyou CapN, for (a few months ago now) getting me into Clutch. I f**king love 'em, their latest is, indeed, brilliant. Not quite as good as Blast Tyrant (in my opinion), but still a damn fine album. Thanks!

Lady Jedi
07-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
This has got to be the longest that we've gone without a flame war in a music thread. Keep it up :)

I guess I rock just that much. :D In lieu of this, there shall be a new Swamp rule:
If someone wants to make a music thread, said person must PM me and request that I post said music thread.

:D :D

Heh, I've also been listening to the Gourds. Kind of bluegrass, really good music. Their version of Gin and Juice is priceless. :D

toms
07-29-2005, 01:41 PM
@ The_One: Couldn't you narrow it down a bit? :D

Jared
07-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Music....here are my favorite bands/artists

Tupac
Eminem
Nas
Youngbloodz
Biggie
Xzibit
G-Unit
50 Cent
Petey Pablo
T.I.
Jin
Ying Yang Twins
Ciara
Ludacris
Lil John & the Eastside Boyz
Young Buck
Jay-Z
The Game
Kanye West
Usher
Akon
Frankie J
Docter Dre
Snoop Dogg
Styles P
Twista
Biggie
Big Pun
Outcast
Michael Jackson (some)
The Ataris
AFI
Black Flag
The Misfits
A Perfect Circle
BoxCar Racer
Bad Religion
Anti Flag
Rooney
SR-71
Rise Against The Machine
Pennywise
Simple Plan
Good Charlotte
Outkast
Saves The Day
Silverchair
Lost Prophets
Weezer
Dashboard Confessional
Jimmy Eat World
The Killers
No Doubt
The All American Rejects
Brand New
Hoobastank
E.S. Posthumus
American Hi-Fi
Linkin Park
Matchbook Romance
Five For Fighting
Dave Mathews Band
Suger Ray
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Unwritten Law
Evanescence
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Snow Patrol
Dido
Eve 6
Goo Goo Dolls
Sean Paul
The Starting Line
Savage Garden
The Offspring
The Early November
Finch
The Beach Boys
Matchbox 20
Lifehouse
Sum 41
Stroke 9
Our Lady Peace
The Vandals
N.E.R.D
Hawthorne Heights
System of a Down
New Found Glory
Something Corporate
Jet
P.O.D.
Switchfoot
Nine Days
Puddle Of Mudd
Reliant K
Bowling for Soup
Mest
Sugar Ray
Rhapsody
Sublime
The Calling
Foo Fighters
Train
Coldplay
Sugercult
Nickelback
Three Days Grace
Staind
Eamon
3 Doors Down
Plain White T's
My Chemical Romance
Straylight Run
Thrice
Lit
Trapt
Crossfade
Papa Roach
Jack Johnson
Opeth
Tool
MxPx
Guttermouth
Plain White T's
Rise Against
Uncubus
Fall Out Boy
Keane
Audioslave
Adema
A Perfect Circle
Drowning Pool

and I’m sure I forgot a lot..
but my favorite bands are..

Blink 182
Story Of The Year
The Used
Taking Back Sunday
Yellowcard
Green Day

I know....too much pop punk, rap, emo and crappy type rock played on mtv. I dont watch mtv.. But what can I say....tis what I always have listened to.

CapNColostomy
07-31-2005, 06:39 AM
By the way - thankyou CapN, for (a few months ago now) getting me into Clutch. I f**king love 'em, their latest is, indeed, brilliant. Not quite as good as Blast Tyrant (in my opinion), but still a damn fine album. Thanks!

Hey, no problem. Glad you like 'em, and glad to help out a fellow Patton fan.

BawBag™
07-31-2005, 06:43 AM
I can't stop listening to Sgt. Pepper's by the Beatles at the moment.

Only one I'm not to keen on is Within You Without You.

Tyrion
07-31-2005, 07:00 AM
I can't stop listening to Sgt. Pepper's by the Beatles at the moment.

Only one I'm not to keen on is Within You Without You.

Which is your favorite song off the album? Mine were Lovely Rita and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise/A Day in the Life.

Within You Without You isn't that great to me, either.

BawBag™
07-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Which is your favorite song off the album? Mine were Lovely Rita and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise/A Day in the Life.

Within You Without You isn't that great to me, either.
It's really difficult to choose just one, I will say I love Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club/reprise; With a little help from my friends; Getting Better; Lovely Rita and fixing a hole.

But it's all good. :cool:

edlib
07-31-2005, 11:28 AM
I believe that's one of those albums you have to listen to in order in it's entirety to get the full impact. I don't see it as a collection of songs, but as a suite with a flow that takes you on a journey.

Sabretooth
08-01-2005, 08:06 AM
I tried out the Kill Bill soundtrack, pretty sweet but "Malaguena Selarosa" by Chingon is simply awesome. I'm humming it wherever I go.

tags
08-01-2005, 04:07 PM
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/aminet/pix/imagi/Ac-Dc.jpg
Can I Get An AMEN!?!

ACDC_Fanatic
08-01-2005, 06:20 PM
^AMEN

You sir, rock!

And my favourite AC/DC songs at the moment are The Razors Edge, Fire your Guns, Whole Lotta Rosie, If you want blood you've got it, and Money Talks

toms
08-02-2005, 09:24 AM
I tried out the Kill Bill soundtrack, pretty sweet but "Malaguena Selarosa" by Chingon is simply awesome. I'm humming it wherever I go.

I got well into that earlier in the year. Meiko Kaji rocks as well.

Samuel Dravis
08-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Recently I've been listening to:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Audioslave - <3 Doesn't Remind Me :D
Nirvana
3 Doors Down
Nine Inch Nails
Creed
Live
The Longest Journey Soundtrack
Breaking Benjamin

Hermie
08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Where did you get this? Tell me!

Lady Jedi
08-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Recently I've been listening to:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Audioslave - <3 Doesn't Remind Me :D
Nirvana
3 Doors Down
Nine Inch Nails
Creed
Live
Breaking Benjamin

Niiiice. :) I've been listening to Breaking Benjamin - We Are Not Alone. Awesome album that. Especially Cold, Follow, Sooner or Later, and Forget It.
Your post reminded me that I really needed some Audioslave; I've been playing Be Yourself (omg so good.) and Doesn't Remind Me all day. IMO Out of Exile isn't as good their first album, but then I haven't listened to it much. Like a Stone, and Set it Off are standouts on their first one. :D

Pie™
08-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Albums I've given a lot of spins lately:

Sentenced - The Cold White Light
The Sisters Of Mercy - Floodland
Windir - Likferd

:)

ZBomber
08-02-2005, 11:39 PM
^AMEN

You sir, rock!

And my favourite AC/DC songs at the moment are The Razors Edge, Fire your Guns, Whole Lotta Rosie, If you want blood you've got it, and Money Talks

While I prefer the earlier stuff. I really don't enjoy AC/DC's newer stuff as much, ie anything after Fly On The Wall.

ET Warrior
08-03-2005, 01:43 AM
I've been listening to alot of the Shins recently......good relaxingful musics..

Tyrion
08-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I've been listening to alot of the Shins recently......good relaxingful musics..

Pink Bullets for the win.

BongoBob
08-03-2005, 01:48 AM
Anyone heard of Millencollin? I found a bunch of songs of theirs I got off of games :p

Currently Listening to Millencollin - Ray

El Sitherino
08-03-2005, 02:01 AM
Anyone heard of Millencollin? I found a bunch of songs of theirs I got off of games :p

Currently Listening to Millencollin - Ray
Haha, I used to hang out with those guys at the warped tour all the time. Those were some fun times.

Mike Windu
08-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Mos Def! :D

Gotta love him man, gotta love him.

Vikinor
08-03-2005, 02:19 AM
I have been listening to: NIN, AFI, Muse, Breaking Benjamin, The Beatles, Bloodhound Gang, Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, The Offspring, Mudvayne, Lost Prophets, Our Lady Peace, Queens of the Stoneage, Sum 41, Three Days Grace, Unwritten Law, The Killers, My Chemical Romance, System of a Down, Switchfoot, Jimmy Eat World, Modest Mouse, Jet, Green Day, Gorillaz, and the Foo Fighters.

That's about it.

Samuel Dravis
08-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Where did you get this? Tell me!Right here (http://www.longestjourney.com/download/music/). It's good; I generally listen to all of them in a row (burning them onto a CD works well). :)

Niiiice. :) I've been listening to Breaking Benjamin - We Are Not Alone. Awesome album that. Especially Cold, Follow, Sooner or Later, and Forget It.Heh, my favorites are 1, 3, 5, 6, and 11. Good stuff. :)

Your post reminded me that I really needed some Audioslave; I've been playing Be Yourself (omg so good.) and Doesn't Remind Me all day. IMO Out of Exile isn't as good their first album, but then I haven't listened to it much. Like a Stone, and Set it Off are standouts on their first one. :DI just pretty much listen to all of them...Other than my favorite Doesn't Remind Me, they're all quite good. :D

Lady Jedi
08-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Heh, my favorites are 1, 3, 5, 6, and 11. Good stuff. :)
Ya, 11 is so...peaceful. I don't really like the songs other than what we've listed, though. But what is good, is really good.

I just pretty much listen to all of them...Other than my favorite Doesn't Remind Me, they're all quite good. :D
See, I got Out of Exile just after it was released but I had a ton of new CDs at the time, and my brother said that this one was just mediocre, so I've only just now started listening to it. I've had We Are Not Alone and both of my Audioslave CDs on a rotation in my player for two days. They sound really awesome listening to 'em back to back like that. Sweet. :D

acdcfanbill
08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm on the Highway to Hell
and im going doooowwwnnnnnn
ALLLLLLL the way down...

Hermie
08-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm on the Highway to Hell
and im going doooowwwnnnnnn
ALLLLLLL the way down...
*points to location*

[edit] 1000 posts, apparently. I get to match my user rank with av, other than that, don't care much.

TiE23
08-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Right now I'm listening to Eric Cartman's rendition of "Come Sail Away" on my Zen Micro. :xp: Pretty bitchin.

TiE

Darth Groovy
08-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Skinny Puppy: "Use Less" (http://www.themanipulation.com/music/Skinny%20Puppy%20-%20Use%20Less.mp3)

I <3 Skinny Puppy. :)

Pie™
08-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Skinny Puppy: "Use Less" (http://www.themanipulation.com/music/Skinny%20Puppy%20-%20Use%20Less.mp3)

I <3 Skinny Puppy. :)
That was one of my faves on the "new" album. :D

I'm listening to a Children Of Bodom cover of Andrew W.K's 'She Is Beautiful'... Apparently these power/speed metal gods recently covered Britney Spears for a b-side to their next single. X-D

acdcfanbill
08-12-2005, 02:06 PM
yea i read they covered a brittney spears song on bravewords and i laughed, and then wanted to hear it ;)

Pie™
08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm gonna try to acquire it, I read they put it up for download (legally), but the site has overgone it's bandwith... :(