PDA

View Full Version : [REL]Holowan Plugin

Pages : 1 [2]

Darkkender
10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Can you guys please post a currently working link for the patch listed as PCGameMods download system hasnt been working now for at least 20 hours.

Um, no. Just give pcgamemods a chance to get back up and running.

Darth333
10-07-2005, 11:58 AM
PCGamemods works fine for me. Scan your computer to see if you have spyware.

Renegade Angel
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Sorry to bump this, but the link to PCgamemods to download the Oatch is no longer working.

RedHawke
10-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Sorry to bump this, but the link to PCgamemods to download the Oatch is no longer working.
Did you try to correct the link manually? Like so...

Mod Links...
-old- non-working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14521/ Just remove the end /

-new- working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14521

Patch Links...
-old- non-working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14599/ Again just remove the end /

-new- working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14599

Simple, and easy for everyone to do themselves too! :D

Renegade Angel
10-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Lol, didn't relize that! Thanks Redhawke!

Darkkender
10-13-2005, 11:35 AM
To satisfy all I have updated the links as Redhawke has mentioned here.

TheOneMan
11-25-2005, 08:29 PM
OKay, currently, I'm at Dxun and I'm have trouble at one point. It's the part where you are heading back to Onderon. Now, I've removed the the Holowan Plug-In from the override folder, including USM and Wrist Counsole by deleting the Override folder. The only thing of the holowan still on my sister is the voice clips and launchers.

I try to load up my game and where the icon of your character should be is all white.

It crashes before it gets even a tenth the way loaded.

Do I have to install the wsbr (I think that's the name of the file...<<" ) to get past it?

If not, can anyone help? Removing the mod won't let me load the game.

Darkkender
11-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Yes install all of the listed patch materials in the first post. Trying to run the game with the materials missing for the mods will definetley crash the game. However the wsbr fix seemed to resolve alot of those same crash issues everybody had been discussing above.

TheOneMan
12-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes install all of the listed patch materials in the first post. Trying to run the game with the materials missing for the mods will definetley crash the game. However the wsbr fix seemed to resolve alot of those same crash issues everybody had been discussing above.

Secret Tomb works, not sure 'bout Dxun yet :P

Hey Darkkender, what's next for Holowan? [why do I have the feeling I just butched the name?]

Any more awesome mod's you can add?

PS: Is there any other Hardcore mod that makes the game harder yet? :\

Fuu
12-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Isint Beancounter's Hardcore mod included in the plugin? I could have sworn.........

TheOneMan
12-10-2005, 05:45 AM
Isint Beancounter's Hardcore mod included in the plugin? I could have sworn.........

It is, I believe. But even then, that still doesn't make it any harder :S With all the items and such, the Hardcore mod doesn't liven it up.

Nihilus was a wimp. Sion's a joke and Kreia was weaker then Atris :S

Hell, even Atris went down in about 3 - 4 hits from the items I had :S

Darth Smaug
12-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Great work guys..
I always loved the holowan plug-in's..

nublet
01-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Anyone seem to have an issue with the RH_Correction Armband? When I try to use it, a purplish ball of lighting appears, sputters, and dies. Nothing else happens.

Guttahtrash
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
First off, WOW!!!???!!! I handn't played the game for a few months, and came across Redhawk's page while kind of surfing one day. So I re-installed TSL, and used those mods exclusively (all the mods even say they are compatable with each other), because I wasn't sure if others would be compatible with it.... Played through the game Male Darksider. Then I discovered, all my favorite Redhawk mods, were included with this. Now, I find myself spending hours..... HOURS just re-equiping my party every single time I enter the Ebon Hawk(using this and USM for the record). This is so over-the top. It is Out-@#%&*@-Standing!!!

Now the issues.
1. same as nublet above "issue with the RH_Correction Armband"

2. The fix for Korriban cave worked. Now I'm trying to do the Dxun temple, and I get to the end, and one of the sith dudes (at the sarcophegus) wont turn hostile, so I can't kill him, so I can't progress. (Female Lightsider)

Any thoughts?

The Scum, The Lonely,
-Guttahtrash

stoffe
02-02-2006, 05:16 PM
2. The fix for Korriban cave worked. Now I'm trying to do the Dxun temple, and I get to the end, and one of the sith dudes (at the sarcophegus) wont turn hostile, so I can't kill him, so I can't progress. (Female Lightsider)

He isn't supposed to go hostile, he's supposed to die during the cutscene when they break the Ritual.

That he does not is probably caused by a "bug" that in that cutscene script that fails to anticipate the player being very high level, or using mods.

If you are very high level, or use a difficulty upping mod, it may cause the Dark Jedi Master to end up with more than 1000 Vitality, making him survive the ritual since the script tries to kill him by applying 1000 damage to him.

See this thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=150077) for more information and a possible fix (link to file in the last post in that thread).

Guttahtrash
02-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick response stoffe. That worked like a charm, I really appreciate it. Ok, so I'm left with only one thing, the RH_Correction Armband. This isn't game stopping or anything, but could definetly help the roleplaying aspect of the game. (having to talk like a Sith to gain influence, when I'm trying to be a Jedi or vice-versa... no matter what my persuade is, totally takes me out of the role-playing experience)

The Scum, The Lonely,
-Guttahtrash

RedHawke
02-03-2006, 01:14 AM
^^^^
Well, I wish I could answer you but being this is the plugin only Darkkender can solve your problems with the armband. Though it 'sounds' to me like the spells.2da file is messed up or the armbands .uti file is set to the wrong line in spells.2da.

I cannot fix it though as I do not use the plugin. Hopefully Darkkender can look into it as it is likely a simple uti edit to fix.

If you are so inclined, you would likely need to open up your overrides spells.2da then see what line toward the bottom is the one for my armband (I believe I used an RH somewhere in the row), then open up the armbands .uti file and check to see if the armbands spell property is calling that spells.2da row number. If not correct it to the proper row number you see in spells.2da then save the armbands .uti file to your override over the faulty one and go back in the game cheat for another one equip it and see if it works.

Darkkender
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I've been hard at work recovering much of my modding materials off of backups so once I've gotten that done I'll take a look at both the uti and spells.2da entry. Since I had been working on a updated version of this mod that had been near release it does have a priority for me to get back to it and finish it up along with other reported bug fixes.

Guttahtrash
02-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Cool Darkkender, I appreciate it. I made the attempt to fix it myself as Redhawke suggested, I downloaded all the tools, compared files from the Holowan Plugin to the RH_Correction single download from Redhawks site, compared everything line by line, but alas, I realized about 3 hours in... I don't have any Earthly idea what I'm doing or what I'm looking for. I guess I was just hoping to find the "Easy Button".

Whenever you get to it is cool. Great compilation of mods, by the way.

The Scum, The Lonely,
-Guttahtrash

Darth Stryke
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
For me the most annoying thing is messed up appearances. For example, the Revan Robes when I make them look like the Jedi Armor in appearance when I wear them (the ones based on Bandon's armor appearance) I was gonna edit the 2das myself but I am so busy I figured I'll wait for an update, lol.

Darkkender
02-08-2006, 12:31 PM
For me the most annoying thing is messed up appearances. For example, the Revan Robes when I make them look like the Jedi Armor in appearance when I wear them (the ones based on Bandon's armor appearance) I was gonna edit the 2das myself but I am so busy I figured I'll wait for an update, lol.

Which appearances are messed up? is it all of them or just some of them that use the Bandons armor? Because I know it can't be all of them unless you have installed other mods that use the same tga files but don't mesh with the armor.

Or is it just the Bandons armor appearance in general that you don't like?

Darth Stryke
02-08-2006, 04:20 PM
The Revans robes are one I noticed. When I wear them my character is wearing Bandon style armor robes instead of Revan/Starforge style robes. If this is supposed to be like this then nevermind. The only two mods I have installed are USM and this.

Darkkender
02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
The Revans robes are one I noticed. When I wear them my character is wearing Bandon style armor robes instead of Revan/Starforge style robes. If this is supposed to be like this then nevermind. The only two mods I have installed are USM and this.

This is how it is supposed to be however since I'm trying to reassemble things for a 2nd release one of the many things I'm doing is trying to use the TSLPatcher and trying to give people install choices which was supposed to happen on first release and I got to frustrated with the process. Now I have plenty of time again and a community much deserving of these features.

Darth Stryke
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Ohh, I didn't realize that. I was thinking that they would have the same appearance as the KOTOR and TSL Revan White Robes mod. Okay, that answers my question. Thanks!

seawolfe
02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
I haven't read through the entire thread, so this may have already been addressed.
After installing the plugin and starting a new game, the security panel in the comm room, of the Ebon Hawk, does not work. The workbench comes up fine, but selecting any of the camera options gives a black screen.

Edit: Probably been talked about as well, but some sort of manager to enable/disable parts of the plugin would be nice. Or break it out into something that can be managed with KMM?

Seawolfe

Darkkender
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I haven't read through the entire thread, so this may have already been addressed.
After installing the plugin and starting a new game, the security panel in the comm room, of the Ebon Hawk, does not work. The workbench comes up fine, but selecting any of the camera options gives a black screen.

I'll look into this but I don't recall directly changing that particular dialogue.

Edit: Probably been talked about as well, but some sort of manager to enable/disable parts of the plugin would be nice. Or break it out into something that can be managed with KMM?

As for breaking it down for KMM into multiples that isn't very likely. However Just a few posts above I was discussing the fact that the next release would include a installer hopefully with optional install options. However if you want a simple method you could always download each and every mod listed in the readmes archive and break apart the mods and trying to break them into there component parts and use the 2da's from the Plugin.

ChAiNz.2da
02-21-2006, 05:41 AM
After installing the plugin and starting a new game, the security panel in the comm room, of the Ebon Hawk, does not work. The workbench comes up fine, but selecting any of the camera options gives a black screen.I'll look into this but I don't recall directly changing that particular dialogue.
I think it's a problem with Maverick187's Shop & Workbench Mod and not your mod :)

It adds a shop to the comm panel that includes all of his modded items, however I ran into the same problem when using it before (the camera issue)...

Excalibur Bane
03-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Hi guys,

I took advice about which mods to install from a member here in a previous post (the kind fellow's name eludes me) and I installed the Holowan Plugin and it's corresponding patch. I had only progressed to the end of Telos so I decided to restart new.

I'm having a few problems so far. When I got to the first room where you gain your first level, get the cutscene from Kreia about regaining your force power, and each of the dead Dock Officer's bodies had a datapad with the same thing on it. Except only one had my PC's name in the right place. Something about the Ebon Hawk inventory.

Also, I loaded up my previous game just to see what I could build, and I couldn't construct any of the Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper armors. The option was there at the workbench in Handmaiden's quarters, but when I selected it, there were no options to build anything. It was blank.

I also noticed that Force Persuasion is not in the powers menu, I have a weird energy globe icon with three progressions, but the description is completely empty and it's not named.

I parsed the main readme file, and installed per the instructions, USM first and then the Holowan plugin, followed the patch for it. Forgive me if I missed something. Are these things normal or did I screw something up? The number of readme files in the credits archive is rather mindblowing. I didn't care to go through each and every one of them to see every change. I assume they all work together?

Lastly, I'm not sure how I missed this little gem but I did, and this mod is truly impressive. 700+ MBs of mods all wrapped up in one nice, tiddy little package. My thanks to all the people that contributed their mods to it, so far it looks fantastic!

Darkkender
03-05-2006, 11:55 AM
There were some changes with the Stormtrooper & clonetrooper armor locations. You might want to try a certain extra workbench on the Ebon Hawk. You might also want to be a higher level. :p The dock officer datapad issue is a hangover from one of the mods merged into there. In the upcoming version This will be resolved. I believe that force persuasion can be resolved be re-installing the original dialogue.tlk file.

Excalibur Bane
03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
There were some changes with the Stormtrooper & clonetrooper armor locations. You might want to try a certain extra workbench on the Ebon Hawk. You might also want to be a higher level. :p The dock officer datapad issue is a hangover from one of the mods merged into there. In the upcoming version This will be resolved. I believe that force persuasion can be resolved be re-installing the original dialogue.tlk file.

Holy. I spent days trying to figure out where my original post went off to. I guess a mod moved in here. Go figure :P

Anyway, yeah. I have the extra work benches but if I try to build anything, nothing is showing up in the Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper build menus. In fact, the only workbench choice that does have stuff in them is the Holowan one. It's got a ton of stuff.

I had restarted at any rate. I just arrived at Telos. I guess I've had a dark side shift, and my portrait has changed. Now it's just a white picture. How do I fix that?

As a sidenote though. I barely made it though Peragus, I was laughing my guts out too hard over tripping over no less then 12 dead Dock Officers. God, that was some funny stuff. :D

I ended up adding in the Clonetroopers manually with add item for the moment. That rifle is one seriously big ass gun.

Darkkender
03-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Holy. I spent days trying to figure out where my original post went off to. I guess a mod moved in here. Go figure :P

Anyway, yeah. I have the extra work benches but if I try to build anything, nothing is showing up in the Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper build menus. In fact, the only workbench choice that does have stuff in them is the Holowan one. It's got a ton of stuff.

I had restarted at any rate. I just arrived at Telos. I guess I've had a dark side shift, and my portrait has changed. Now it's just a white picture. How do I fix that?

What level are you when trying to build the clonetrooper armor?

There may be a level requirement that got built into the workbench for them. Off hand I'm not sure I'll have to check later.

As to the white picture either you are missing a tga from overide or I missed the entry in portaits.2da. Since I'm trying to rebuild this mod anyways if you can archive a copy of your game save and post it later I'll be able to figure out which appearance needs fixing.

Arakorn-eir
06-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Hi. I noticed a bug or something.

Swoop racing (on Telos) is impossible! :(

I've beaten most swoop races in TSL, but now I trigger the mines though I'm far from them! It worked just fine before I got the holowan plugin...

Darkkender
06-20-2006, 11:25 AM

I've beaten most swoop races in TSL, but now I trigger the mines though I'm far from them! It worked just fine before I got the holowan plugin...

I don't think the Holowan Plugin can take credit for that bug as there is no mods that were a part of it that had anything to do with swoop racing at all. It is a well documented fact that TSL itself is relatively buggy. It could have easily been nothing more than pure luck that the mines never went off on you before. It could also be another mod that you have installed or if your non-modded game was with or without the patch for TSL. Which the patching issue would also apply to your modded game.

If you want to go through file by file removing and replacing to see which one is causing the problem I could easily try to figure out what produced the problem. However I find it unlikely any of the files from the [TSL]HP are what's causing this problem.

Spec-K
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM

I have the same problem. I only use two mods when playing TSL: the USM and the Holowan Plugin, and as far as I know USM doesn't have anything to do with the swoop races. I actually remember fixing the problem about a year ago, although I'm not sure how I did it :P Had something to do with deleting the 211TEL.mod file in the modules folder, or some other similarly named file in override... but I really can't remember, so I suggest you back the files up before you try anything. If all else fails, try getting Drath333's Easy Swoop Racing mod.

Personally I'm waiting on the Holowan Plugin v2 before I play TSL again.

Darkkender
06-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Personally I'm waiting on the Holowan Plugin v2 before I play TSL again.

Hmm is this a hint that I see. The general lack of reaction to the idea caused me to table it for another month or so. But if there is interest I'll return to work on it.

As to the 211TEL.mod file I didn't recall that one being in there I'll have to take a look see. If that's the case I'll double check it's original mod makers design and purpose so as to inform them as well. (*Starts thinking this may have been from Mac's earliest DAP release.*)

Spec-K
06-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Hmm is this a hint that I see

Glad you can appreciate my subtlety.

I can't speak for anyone else (obviously) but I am certainly interested in v2 of the Holowan Plugin. Like I said I only use HP and USM, and if v2 is as good as the original (minus the bugs) and with more content including some more recent mods, I'm all for it.

Of course if you decide that there isn't enough interest among the TSL modders/players, it's your prerogative to scrap it. All I ask is that, if you decide not to continue with it, make a post saying so.

Thanks mate, appreciate your work

Darkkender
06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I got only one maybe two responses to include other peoples mods in a 2nd version which makes it tough to feel like there is any interest from the community as a whole. It has long been a plan to build a 2nd version to continually support the community. I figured I would back burner it again and plug for interest in a couple months. During that time I could put more effort forth into project THOR. The cool part of project THOR is that it would include a variety of assets from the HP that have been approved by there original creators and integrated through out the mod.

zulu9812
06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd like to see a version 2 of the plugin

jencatti
07-05-2006, 11:24 AM
umm... just one question. you know there are two different lightsaber models that are supposed to replace red lightsabers right?

oh and by the way if i can get my mods uploaded by then maybe you could include some of mine :)

Darkkender
07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
umm... just one question. you know there are two different lightsaber models that are supposed to replace red lightsabers right?

Huh? What are you refering too?

jencatti
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
both the lightsaber in the sith elite gear by jmac7142 and gsccc's vader hilt replace red lightsabers

Darkkender
07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Most likely only portions of Jmac's mod were included or if his lightsaber used the default Red saber hilt then it was likely replaced with the Vader Hilt. However many of the Unique hilts have there own Item files with there own 2da entries While I know that Gsccc's doesn't by default in his original mod I believe I might have made it unique in the Holowan Plugin. Since I'm nowhere near home right now I couldn't say for certain which of the methods was used. However I can say I put alot of effort into not overwriting anybody's unique hilts with other unique hilts. So much so that I know I added numerous new UTI's and upcrystals entries just to accomodate this factor.

jencatti
07-07-2006, 02:37 PM
ahh ok, just making sure that you were aware of this

Spec-K
08-18-2006, 01:34 AM
I was wondering, how do I restore the Sith soldiers in TSL to their original appearance? They currently look like Stormtroopers, and while I do find satisfaction in taking a lightsaber to them, they just feel out of place in the game; I mean it's meant to be 5000 years before the rise of the Empire and so forth.

I tried to just delete the files but I ended up getting headless soldiers. Any help would be appreciated

Mav
08-18-2006, 01:50 AM
I was wondering, how do I restore the Sith soldiers in TSL to their original appearance? They currently look like Stormtroopers, and while I do find satisfaction in taking a lightsaber to them, they just feel out of place in the game; I mean it's meant to be 5000 years before the rise of the Empire and so forth.

I tried to just delete the files but I ended up getting headless soldiers. Any help would be appreciated

I'm about 99% sure that the mod causing the replacement of the sith soldiers with the stormtrooper armor is Primes, after all I don't know anyone else making stormtrooper armor :p. Anyway, he would have had to edit the appearence.2da lines for the sith trooper as well as include new textures, lucky for you I just so happen to have Prime's readme, hope he doesn't mind me posting a section of it, you'll have to re-edit the appearence.2da lines back to their original "values".

Prime's Readme
Sith Trooper replacement
PMBH01.tga - texture for the stormtrooper replacement armour suit
appearance.2da - alters the Sith troopers to use stormtrooper armour
heads.2da - specifies new head to use for troopers
itemcreate.2da - allows helmet, armour, and blaster to be creatable on the workbench
itemcreatemira.2da - allows helmet, armour, and blaster to be creatable on the workbench
STHA04.mdl - helmet model for trooper replacement
STHA04.mdx - helmet model for trooper replacement
----------------------------------
appearance.2da
- edited line 28 Sith_Soldier_01
- edited line 44 Sith_Soldier_02
- edited line 261 Sith_Soldier_03
- edited line 338 Lite_Sith_Soldier
- edited line 508 Sith_Commando_01_A
- edited line 509 Sith_Commando_01_B
- edited line 510 Sith_Commando_01_C

Edit - to above posts:

both the lightsaber in the sith elite gear by jmac7142 and gsccc's vader hilt replace red lightsabers
I don't know what DK did with jmac7142's saber, but I do know that Gsccc's vader hilt is the default model for the red saber.

I'll look into this but I don't recall directly changing that particular dialogue.
I think it's a problem with Maverick187's Shop & Workbench Mod and not your mod :)

It adds a shop to the comm panel that includes all of his modded items, however I ran into the same problem when using it before (the camera issue)...

My apologies, I don't believe I've ever had a bug report about it before nor can I remember encountering it, I've "re-created" the file and you can download the fix here (http://files.filefront.com/secsysdlg/;5420313;;/fileinfo.html)

Darkkender
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I'll post that fix link in the first thread Mav. But I didn't point the finger at you Chainz.2da did.

Spec-K
08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info Mav, I'll get right on to it now.

Plus, I can confirm a glitch with the security panel in the comm room, however for me it just went back to the initial camera selection screen when you selected a camera, not a black screen.

Mav
08-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I'll post that fix link in the first thread Mav. But I didn't point the finger at you Chainz.2da did.

Don't worry no offense was taken, I'm not mad or anything, just never been brought to my attention before, my guess is that I originally edited the dialogue with KT and lost some information or the file got "corrupted" someway. The fix I uploaded should work though, I playtested it and everything.

Thanks for the info Mav, I'll get right on to it now.

Plus, I can confirm a glitch with the security panel in the comm room, however for me it just went back to the initial camera selection screen when you selected a camera, not a black screen.

Glad I could help, and if you download and install the fix it should work ;)

Mav

Addlcove
08-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Hey Guys

I seem to have slight problem, although in honesty it may be me being stupid, since I'm not even sure that the problem originated with this mod.

I have some additional lenses, emmiters and cells installed and some armor upgrades

such as "Master Khardon Emitter", "Vrellite Intensity Lens" and "Coyonite Energy Cell", along with "Nanoweave Overlay and underlay"

none of these can be added to the object, they are simply not shown as availble when I try to add them to a saber/armor.

would anyone have an idea as to why?

only mods installed are this one, USM, some fixes for random bugs and the skip peragus mod

Mav
08-19-2006, 06:48 AM
^^^
Addlcove,

Well, the Master Khardon Emitter, Vrellite Intensity Lens and Coyonite Energy Cell are all from both RedHawke and myself's Prestige Item Pack mod and I believe the Nanoweave Overlay and Underlay were a part of one of Darkkenders mods. Both of which mods were a part of the plug-in, so to answer one of your questions, yes they are from the plug-in. However, I can't speak for the plug-in as I did not put it together, but as far as the upgrades from the Prestige Item Pack, I can confirm that it is not a problem with those items .uti files, as both RH and myself have play tested that mod thouroughly.

Addlcove
08-19-2006, 06:55 AM
^^^
Addlcove,

Well, the Master Khardon Emitter, Vrellite Intensity Lens and Coyonite Energy Cell are all from both RedHawke and myself's Prestige Item Pack mod and I believe the Nanoweave Overlay and Underlay were a part of one of Darkkenders mods. Both of which mods were a part of the plug-in, so to answer one of your questions, yes they are from the plug-in. However, I can't speak for the plug-in as I did not put it together, but as far as the upgrades from the Prestige Item Pack, I can confirm that it is not a problem with those items .uti files, as both RH and myself have play tested that mod thouroughly.

The strange things is I can see the items in my inventory, only when I go into workbench to upgrade the weapon/armor that they are not available.

Mav
08-19-2006, 07:04 AM
The strange things is I can see the items in my inventory, only when I go into workbench to upgrade the weapon/armor that they are not available.

Well, I highly doubt that anything from this compilation would cause a problem like that, unless it has something to do with wha tyou are trying to upgrade i.e. a weapon that wasn't meant to be upgraded, but with lightsabers and armor I don't see that happening. However, keep in mind that not all items are compatible with each other, for example certain armor may not be able to use said upgrade. It is also possible, depending on where you are in the game, that you simply can't use the upgrade yet, certain things created at the workbench require your PC to have certain abilities and it's possible that if you don't meet those requirements the game wont let you use the item. I don't remember encountering anything like that, but I suppose it is possible, in short I'm just as baffled as you :p.

Darkkender visits the boards pretty much daily so he should see your post and hopefully he'll have a little more insight.

Addlcove
08-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Well, I highly doubt that anything from this compilation would cause a problem like that, unless it has something to do with wha tyou are trying to upgrade i.e. a weapon that wasn't meant to be upgraded, but with lightsabers and armor I don't see that happening. However, keep in mind that not all items are compatible with each other, for example certain armor may not be able to use said upgrade. It is also possible, depending on where you are in the game, that you simply can't use the upgrade yet, certain things created at the workbench require your PC to have certain abilities and it's possible that if you don't meet those requirements the game wont let you use the item. I don't remember encountering anything like that, but I suppose it is possible, in short I'm just as baffled as you :p.

Darkkender visits the boards pretty much daily so he should see your post and hopefully he'll have a little more insight.

deleted all mods, reinstalling now :)

first fixes, then USM then Holowan, should sort it out, I hope

Darkkender
08-20-2006, 01:44 AM
If you can let us know which lightsaber you are trying to add those too I can try to take a look. Also the Nanoweave underlayment and overlayments are from one of Redhawke's first Item pack mods for TSL.

Addlcove
08-20-2006, 09:21 AM
deleting all mods and only installing fixes, USM and Holowan worked, only problem now is I get booted everytime I try to enter the "visionquest" on khoriban

Spec-K
08-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Seems I'm spending a lot of time here recently... hmm...

Anyway, I was curious as to what the following files included in the HP do exactly:

209tel.are
211tel.are
371nar.are
510ond.are
702kor.are
903mal.are
905mal.are

I know .are file have to do with in-game areas (i think), but I'd like to know what these specific files do. Getting rid of the 211tel.are file fixes one the swoop racing bugs on Telos (you can manage to get passed the obstacles now but I'm still lifted up off the track when I shift gears at the start), but since there isn't any swoop racing on Korriban or Malacore I'm at a loss as to what the ***mal.are and 702kor.are files do. I don't see the files mentioned in and readme's in the HP credits (first place I checked) and I can't find reference to them in the forums...

I'd appreciate any info offered

UPDATE - I'm sure that the files 211tel.are, 371nar.are and 510ond.are files correspond to the swoop tracks. I stumbled upon Darth333's easy swoop racing mod and the files included in it all match the mentioned .are files, although Darth333's aren't .are files (they have the extension .lyt). I'm still up near the ceiling on the Telos track, which is a problem I can't seem to fix...

Darkkender
08-21-2006, 03:39 AM
ARE files are part of any module file. I had included various fix type mods by TK102 in the plugin which is where those files came from as an attempt to make it pre-compatible with the TSLRP. However it's been over a year and still no TSLRP and likely the compatibilities will have to be re-doe all over again. One of the reasons there are likely problems with the ARE files is if different modules are using the same one. Not that this is likely but re-using the same module files from one module to the next is not unheard of in TSL. When I get around to finishing the version 2 of the HP I plan to package the ARE and GIT file floating in the HP overide into the actual module files that they belong too.

Addlcove
09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
still getting booted in the visions cave on koriban, any ideas?

Okay found the error.

Is there any way to combine the global.jrl from Holowan with the global.jrl from

Lonna Vash mod
Version 1.2
Author: Sikon

? please tell me yes :)

Darkkender
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
global.jrl is a simple GFF file so yes it is easy to merge.

Addlcove
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
ok, how? :)

GrimShadow
10-31-2006, 04:14 AM
Don't mean to bump the topic, but is there any other place to get the patch? I only saw a link to pcgamemods, which has been down for quite some time now.

Darkkender
10-31-2006, 05:31 PM
We have a pcgamemods link request thread in the mod request forums. I believe the Holowan Plugin Patch has had it's link provided previously.

Maul007
11-01-2006, 02:47 AM
i got some problems with the mod it crashes when at dxun temple

Darkkender
11-03-2006, 01:19 AM
Have you installed the 2 patches listed in the first post? If not you will get a crash when certain modules load.

Liberi Fatali37
11-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi, this is my first post! (yay for me) I have a problem with the Holowan labs plugin. In the plugin, there is a mod that makes Mandalore not have his helmet on, and reveals Canderous. It is really annoying, and I cant find the files for it. Can someone give me the file names for the Mandalore-No-Helmet Mod please. Thank you!

[]Edit[] I found out the problem, it was an armor, and the apperance.2da file. I am not able to edit scripts, so I cant fix my problem. Can someone please edit it for me so that Mandalore has his helmet... or send me their appearance.2DA?

Mod Edit: I'm really sorry no one is responding to your issue Liberi Fatali37, but we do not allow the 'bumping' of topics. I have deleted the 'bump' posts. Unfortunately we also cannot make anyone answer you. The best thing I can offer you is to send a Private Message (PM) to Darkkender and ask him for assistance. -RH

helldevil
11-14-2006, 06:43 PM
I am having the same problem with the 2da files, they are conflicting with other 2da files and I don't know how to edit them so can somebody help me too please.

katana18
11-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Holy ****. All I did was press my launcher, and already I love this mod. I'll keep you updated as I try it with other mods. I'm seeing if it'll work with oldflash's Final Touch.

Darth Reign
11-25-2006, 06:32 PM
I was wondering if there will be an update to this awsome mod? I noticed a few conflicts.

DarkDiablos
11-26-2006, 07:26 AM
A question. Kriea, i take her normal clothes off and give her some other jedi robes, she turns either into a young woman with red hair or a man with grey hair and blue eyes depending on what clothes she wears. Is this supposed to happen?

katana18
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
probably mixup with the models is my guess. Did you replace/remove any appearance files? As far as I know, this mod hates anything that conflicts with it.

DarkDiablos
11-28-2006, 02:54 PM
I think i did hmm, dont really want to restart and try to remember what mods i added to HP the 1st time. Hmm, I'll have to see.

Edited:

Right, i have not overwritten any appearance files, i just need to find out if this mod is using the same files as the mod i 'might' of put in as well, its kreias colour robes thing, by chainz i think, e.g put mukatai {or whatever}robes on the silly cow and she goes green, her robe colour i mean. Any one got a suggestion on how to see if they have the same files in a quick way? Cheers.

Darkkender
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I've been trying to get the time to get back to it however I've been building a version of the Plugin with the TSL-Patcher. So as to further avoid conflicts.

DarkDiablos
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Ah ok, gd, love your work btw!! So are you going to add any new stuff to it?

Darkkender
11-28-2006, 07:22 PM
I think there was one or 2 mods however most people I have inquired with have remained closed mouthed with permission either way of a yes or no.

The Source
11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
I think there was one or 2 mods however most people I have inquired with have remained closed mouthed with permission either way of a yes or no.
I have DAP all setup for the TSL Patcher. Once I have an official release made, I will send you a link to the files. Please, feel free to incorporate the new version into the Holowan Plug-In. Since I am utilizing the TSL Patcher, I am getting more and more familiar with its exploits. Stoffe did an awsome job in developing such an essential tool for modding. I have one more dialouge to design, and then one module to finish up. All of my other modules are packed to go, so this could be about two weeks out.

This way, people will get a stand-alone version (my release), and they will get one that is apart of an anthology of mods (your release). :)

I owed you one anyway. :)

Suggestion:
I would get a hold of Mr. ChAinZ.2da, and see if he would allow you to incorporate his Kreia mod. :)

Darkkender
11-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm sure I can butter up my southern fried Nutz job of a pal the 2da man. :D

ChAiNz.2da
11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm sure I can butter up my southern fried Nutz job of a pal the 2da man. :D
As always bro.. you've got my "go ahead" :D

The version I have up over at FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Kreias_Assorted_Robe_Collection;66487) is the latest greatest patched version.. I'm still too lazy to update the darn thing on my own site.. hehehe :xp:

The Source
11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
As always bro.. you've got my "go ahead" :D

The version I have up over at FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Kreias_Assorted_Robe_Collection;66487) is the latest greatest patched version.. I'm still too lazy to update the darn thing on my own site.. hehehe :xp:
Lol...

Welcome to my site! Oh, by the way. I was too lazy to update my own site that I updated my own stuff on another person's site. Hehehe...
(^^^^ This sounded better in my head.) :)

@ Darkkender -
If you have any issues with DAP, please feel free to speakup about it. I have no problem in making small alterations, so they can function with your anthology. Independatly, people will get the mod as is. When it comes with your anthology, I am williing to tweak some stuff for you. Just say the 'word'.

I will send you the mod by the second or third week in December. I just need to get my homework done for the semester. You can throw out all the files, which came with the original mod. I will search LucasForums.com for the thread, so you know what files to ditch. Everything in the original design has been relabled, designated, or editted in some way. Therefore, the older files are useless.

I am also going to make sure that people will have no problem updating the files you get, so I can make changes at a later date. Therefore, everything will be compatible. Plus, I am using the TSL Patcher. :)

Darkkender
11-30-2006, 06:09 PM
No ruch Mac you can PM me with links of all of the DAP related materials when you get a chance.

cirge769
12-05-2006, 02:41 AM
I've downloaded the holowan plug-in. Everything is working great until I got on the Harbinger in Peragus. The sith assissins are invisible...I literally can't see them or attack them. So they just kill me and the rest of my crew...HELP!!!

Anakin Skywalker
12-05-2006, 07:43 AM
What happens if you attack? Does the Game crash? I've had that problem too, but the only way to fix it is to take out the mod the only solution in game is to go into Stealth Mode and run around doin what you need and Leaving the Harbinger as soon as possible.....

BTW Welcome to the Forums

Also, this belongs in Holowan, and NOT Taris Upper City

Darkkender
12-05-2006, 02:07 PM
What happens if you attack? Does the Game crash? I've had that problem too, but the only way to fix it is to take out the mod the only solution in game is to go into Stealth Mode and run around doin what you need and Leaving the Harbinger as soon as possible.....

If it is Plugin related this question does belong here and not at Holowan as that is the main purpose of the release threads among other purposes.

@cirge769. Are you running with the game patched current as I had this problem pre-TSLpatch. Also have you included the plugin patches and fixes listed in the first post. If so can you tell me what appearance you are using and what items you have in your inventory since this is rather early in the game I'm thinking it is likely to be an actual game glitch and not a glitch of the mod. Mostly since the game has numerous unresolved glitches to this day.

Jaraen
12-19-2006, 06:28 AM
Heyo,

this is a great mod, but could someone please upload the patch at a site that works ?
Rapidshare or something else, Pcgamemods is down for months now and i would like to have an appearance.2da file thats fixed :)

Thanks

ps: English is not my native language

Darkkender
12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
In the modding Requests section there is a thread for pcgamemods links. I believe there is a link to the patch there. Infact check the first post

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2129359&postcount=1

Jaraen
12-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Thank you so much Master Darkkender :)

RedHawke
12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
In the modding Requests section there is a thread for pcgamemods links. I believe there is a link to the patch there. Infact check the first post

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2129359&postcount=1
I placed the direct PCGM link in the first post in this thread... you should have already done this DK. :tsk: :xp:

Darkkender
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I placed the direct PCGM link in the first post in this thread... you should have already done this DK. :tsk: :xp:

I got caught up by a call at work yesterday when trying to update this and then forgot, but I was trying to do it. :( (We need a cowering emoticon.)

You did notice the :xp: smily? Right? This indicates I was kidding you about it. ;) -RH

The Source
12-20-2006, 03:27 PM
I will send you a link to DAP in about two weeks.

Darth Seraph
12-31-2006, 01:10 PM
i know its a sily question but ... what this plugin does ?? 160 mb its a huge mod !! can some1 tell me what this huge plugin does ?? plx !!

Darkkender
12-31-2006, 02:45 PM
The first post covers much of what the plugin does. It provides the player with over 100 new choices of selectable PC and includes many of the more popular TSL mods and makes them compatible. If your big on playing mods and playing alot of them then the Plugin really should be at the top of the list weather you are playing K1 and using T7's Plugin or K2 and using mine. Many of the more popular K2 mods that were released right after K2 was released are a part of this mod including many of Prime, Redhawke, Drazin, & many other well known modders.

The Source
12-31-2006, 03:58 PM
i know its a sily question but ... what this plugin does ?? 160 mb its a huge mod !! can some1 tell me what this huge plugin does ?? plx !!
The size of this mod is a testament to what is inside. Darkkender was kind enough to pull together some of the coolest mods created for KotOR II. You can consider this mod the canniblization of several mods. When this mod was released, I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I still think all their hardwork paid off. Kudos to the Dark one. :)

Madman100
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Same problem here. The stealth mode solution doesn't work, it requires your party members to be conscious for you to change area. If i take the files out of my Override folder it makes no difference, even if I clean the whole folder out.

@cirge769. Are you running with the game patched current as I had this problem pre-TSLpatch. Also have you included the plugin patches and fixes listed in the first post. If so can you tell me what appearance you are using and what items you have in your inventory since this is rather early in the game I'm thinking it is likely to be an actual game glitch and not a glitch of the mod. Mostly since the game has numerous unresolved glitches to this day.

I've had the same problem. To try and resolve it I patched my TSL. It made no difference. I had the patched version of the plugin when it occured. It's really odd though, when Atton and Kreia attack them they get poisoned and die. But whenever you (not just the exile, the character you're controlling) damages the assassins, it crashes. What else is odd is that the target thing with the 3 actions is the colour of a non-hostile NPC.

Darkkender
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I have my suspicions this might be a glitch in the script that drives the assasins to de-cloak. Frequently I have found in both K1 and K2 the more things the game is trying to manage the more it has a tendancy to glitch on the firing of a script. Some of these glitches are also caused by the placement of trigger files in the game modules themselves. I could be wrong but the only thing I believe that was even changed for the sith assasins there was there utc files. However it could be a timing issue within the script virtual machine of the game engine as it might be assigning priority to the K_ai_master script firing from the hardcore mod beefing up the assasins and assigning low priority to the script that drives the de-cloak of the assasins. If this is the case I'm not sure what I could do other than remove the hardcore mod script.

If you could post a link to a savegame giving you this result prior to entering the Harbinger it would be helpful. Also when you post your link make sure to note what other mods are installed with the plugin.

Corn Flakes
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM
This mod, I think, has issues with Wrist Console 1.9 and Hak Pad. When I equip the Wrist Console, it just doesn't read it, like it isn't equipped. Plus, every time I try to activate the Hak Pad, it does the animation, but, that's it. Both ddon't work. Any help here.

Oh, by the way, beautiful mod!

Darkkender
01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
It sounds like there is a conflict occuring with the spells.2da file. It might be that the TSLpatcher(assuming your using this properly) might be setting something wrong or not compiling the scripts properly for these mods. As these are not my mods and knowing that they use the patcher you might want to report this problem to these mods developers directly as well.

Corn Flakes
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I am using the pather correctly, and it runs just fine (the patching). I'm gonna try using a .2da merger to resolve this conflict. Back with more details later.

Update: It's having a problem merging the two files. What mods in this plugin use the spells.2da file?

ChAiNz.2da
01-04-2007, 09:15 AM
@Corn Flakes

Make sure you're installing the Hak Pad last.. since it uses the patcher it shouldn't conflict with HP since it will append rather than overwrite.

Not accusing you, but I've seen many people install Hak Pad then overwrite their spells.2da with another mod, thus making the Hak Pad useless. I'm not sure.. but mrdefender's wrist console uses the patcher as well.. so make sure to install our mods after Holowan Plugin. :)

If you use a .2da merger program.. be sure to make appropriate changes to the Hak Pad's & Wrist Console's .uti files since they will be looking for lines (spells.2da) that are no longer where they should be. ;)

HouseOfAmon
01-07-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but in the 1.05 version, all the files are in the folder overide, when it should be override, and if you are not paying attention, and just drag and drop that folder into the swkotor2 directory, well, lets just say the game crashes beautifully when you try to play it...hehe..

My own fault really, for not reading more closely..

Anyways, you may want to rename that folder in future releases, if there are any..

BTW, its looking cool so far, I like the new music, and launcher, Im just now about to start a new game, but the character choices are looking nice, btw, do they all have working dark side transitions? Anyways, good work on the mod, Im gonna go give it try..

Peace.

HouseOfAmon
01-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Holowan Plugin v1.05 + Patches, 1.0, TGA, Mavs Patch
====================================

Installed Mods
===============

1. High Level Force Powers (Both)
2. Improved AI
3. Combat Sim Arena v4
4. Floating Lightsaber v2
5. Kolto Chamber(Ebon Hawk)
6. Sions Force Regen
7. Lightsaber On/Off Switch v1.2
8. Revans Mask v1.0a
9. Wrist Console 1.9
10. Mira/Hanhaar Choice
11. Various Team Gizka Bug Fixes

-----------------------------

Problems..
===========
1. The cutscene that shows the harbinger docking at peragus didn't play when I was walking around outside the airlock. The Atton conversation that triggers the cutscene didnt play either, of course..

1a. Due to the problem above, kreia won't join your party, instead of the we must move quickly cutscene it plays when you leave the dorm level, it plays the scene you get when you just go back and talk to her(I keep hearing your voice, Stay here, blah).

2. Lots of "Ebon Hawk Inventory" logs, I have found 7 so far, but according to the log, only a few items were recovered, so this many people should not have this log.

3. Even though I shut off the ventilation in both dorms, the gas is still venting into the room, but, its not hurting my character.. Seems to be only a visual problem..

4. Not sure if this was intentional or not, but T3's portrait was all white washed looking, like he was standing in a cloud of smoke, or something..

-------------------------------------

If someone knows what variables I need to set to bypass the first problem via KSE, that would be nice, I would like to continue playing the game despite the bugs I have found so far.. So, anyone?

Merged with Mods release/feedback thread. -RH

Darkkender
01-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I know that Number 4 is definately a Plugin Problem of sorts. I had replaced T3's Photo with a Photo from one of the T3 skins I was making. The screenshot for the photo was taken in the character screen where the character is surrounded by the smoke that changes color depending on your alignment.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Inventory logs for number 2.

#1 & #3 actually strike me as actual in game glitches. The reason being that I didn't change anything in those places. I'm not sure if you missed the trigger for the cutscene or what. And the gas I have no doubt that the game itself glitched on that one. As we all know there wouldn't be a TSLRP if the game released working perfect. I'm of assuming of coarse that you have the actual TSL 1.0b patch installed.

Master Michael
01-08-2007, 08:26 AM
I too found six or seven dead guys on Peragus, that had the "Ebon Hawk Inventory" logs and the Hoth Robes. But not the Lightsaber... Is that the lightsaber found on the dead guy in the morgue??

HouseOfAmon
01-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Ok, I do have the 1.0b patch, so, what I did was, I removed all the mods, and re-installed everything, except for the following...

1. Improved AI
2. Kreia's Assorted Robes (I only removed this due to a skin included in your mod for kreia, I doubt it caused the bug)
3. Team Gizka Bug Fixes

The cutscene finally played after doing this.. So I think it was probably one of those mods, rather than a game bug, because I have beat the game probably 20+ times, and never had that happen before..

So, at any rate, its working now, but I would ask that you look into making those mods compatible especially the bug fixes, they fix all kinds of bugs, like the fuel for telos bug, the criminal quest, the "betrayal" bug, the bug at the telos academy, where if you surrender right away it breaks the dialog, etc, etc,..

Just check out team gizka's web site, in the downloads section, theres like 20 bug fixes..

Anyways, thanks for the replies..

Peace.

EDIT: As for the logs, it was on a guy titled dock officer, and as for the lightsaber, and robes, like they guy who posted before me said, I only found a lightsaber in the morgue, and I didn't even get the Hoth robes, just some repair parts from the guy with the "Ebon Hawk Inventory" log..

The T3 portrait really doesn't bother me, I just was unsure if it was intentional or not, because it was,... different.. ;)

I really like the Droid Paint Job mod, who made that and whats it called, I didn't see it in the credits.

Anyways, really cool mod so far, I like all the extra goodies I have found so far.. I will be sure to post back if I run into any other problems, would hate to see any sneak into v2.. hehe.. :)

Darkkender
01-08-2007, 03:21 PM
When I built the plugin I had made it compatible with the TSLRP bug fixes that were released at that time so that might also be where some of your glitches came from as your overwriting files that were made compatible or made similiar fixes.

As to the Datapads saying Ebon Hawk Invetory log.(now that I understand what your refering to) There was a problem relating to the Hoth robe mod overwriting corpses in different modules. So to fix the problem I merged the inventory of all of these corpses which of course produced the multiple datapads instance. Later when people complained I made the robes buildable on the custom workbench on the Ebon Hawk. Many people felt there was too many lightsabers in the beginning because of this situation. Since the actual fix needed to prevent this is the deletion of a file which means a release of the entire mod in it's 150MB+ capacity I deemed it worthy of waiting untill I released the 2nd version.

The Droid Paint Job mod is my work for the most part. Some of the skins were works created by other modders however the engineering behind getting it to work is my doing. I plan to have some improved and better looking skins in the new version of the Plugin. The title of the droid paint job mod is "Painted Droid Armors". You can find it in the release section here.

sotho1
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
First excuse my bad english. it is not my mother language. After downloading this big
mod & all updates, i have rename my old override and install this mod. it was the first time that i have play the game without a crash.
Thanks !!
only what i have do, i used my own uti`s and my own itemcreate.2da after i have change some to the new wapon and lightsaber models. Also Aton is to begin a Assasin with his own Saber befor the Exile will made him a nice Jedi after a time again.

Darkkender
01-12-2007, 04:48 PM
First excuse my bad english. it is not my mother language. After downloading this big
mod & all updates, i have rename my old override and install this mod. it was the first time that i have play the game without a crash.
Thanks !!
only what i have do, i used my own uti`s and my own itemcreate.2da after i have change some to the new wapon and lightsaber models. Also Aton is to begin a Assasin with his own Saber befor the Exile will made him a nice Jedi after a time again.

I understand you have difficulties speaking english however I'm unsure as to how to help you.

Are you trying to make a Atton able to use a Lightsaber before becoming a Jedi?

sotho1
01-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes Darkkender. He was an Sith Killer. Though he will know to us a Lightsaber an maybe have an Saber from a killed Jedi.
Sorry about my english. it is a long time ago that i have talk or wrote in this language.

WhiteRevan
01-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Does the USM and its patches referred to in the Holowan Plugin thread refer to the Ultimate Saber Mod or the Ultimate Sound Mod?

While I'm on the subject of the Holowan Plugin, is it compatible with Shem's Super Enhanced mods and Increased Stuff (all starting Stats at 18) mod?

When I extract stuff using RAR it creates a subfolder inside Override containing all the extracted stuff. Should I copy/paste the contents of the subfolders up one level into Override or will they perform anyway?

Thanks. Not 900 years old yet, but good looking none the less.

Darkkender
01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
The USM is known on the community level as the "Ultimate Saber Mod". Also the Ultimate sound mod came out after the Holowan Plugin and USM. So compatibility for the sound mod and Shem's Super Enhanced mod are not guarunteed. The new versions of the Plugin however will actually include those mods to a degree so they will be compatible.

The contents of the Override folder in the Plugin should be copied directly to your override folder and avoiding subfolders as this might cause incompatibility glitches.

WhiteRevan
01-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Great collection of mods. Thank you. Well, I comletely reinstalled KOTOR2, auto-updated it to UK 2.1 then got the Holowan Plugin installed and it seems to be working fine. Love the launcher btw. The Ultimate Sound Mod works fine and I don't need the super stats mod because it is included as your "easter Egg" thanks. I started a new game with the Alec Guiness head for a Consul. The corpse in the morgue gave up a plasma torch and Anakin's Ep3 Saber. There are lots of dead Dock Officers carrying data pads saying they found the exiles robes and saber and want to sell them, but I cannot find them anywhere on Peragus. Other Exile start up mods listed in the credits have not yet appeared. So, my question:

When installing the Plugin am I supposed to pick and choose which mods I want? All I did was copy/paste the dlg.tlk file and the folders contents into their respective game folders assuming that all the mods would be active simultaneously. Yet the metal box full of goodies that is supposed to appear in the medical storage room is not there, the security locker has three ion grenades as always and nothing more, for example.

So far, the PC heads work, the robes-workbench is good, the enemies are tough Sonsabitches and I got a saber at the start plus full 18 stats across the board, so some mods work but I think something is wrong. Other items I expected to find in the game (I really don't like give-item cheats) cannot be found. Please advise. Only 860 years to go until I'm as good looking as Yoda.

Darkkender
01-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure why alot of the placeable's aren't giving you your stuff as usually things spawn proper for me. However As I have mentioned just a few posts above the multiple datapads thing was the result from the Hoth robes mod. I believe the plugin patch fixed this or at least worked around this but your still going to have more datapads than gear. Also many of the things that the Holowan Plugin provides can be built at the workbench in the handmaidens cargohold as that was where they got put. However be advised if your level and skills aren't high enough you won't even see many of the things that you can build.

DrizzLorn
01-17-2007, 01:48 AM
dunno if the problem i'm having is mod related or not, but when you leave pelagis or whatever.. it just won't load. Aton just sits there typing on his computer/controls to the ebon hawk forever, any ideas?

Darkkender
01-18-2007, 11:26 PM
dunno if the problem i'm having is mod related or not, but when you leave pelagis or whatever.. it just won't load. Aton just sits there typing on his computer/controls to the ebon hawk forever, any ideas?

Is the Plugin the only thing you have installed? If not what other mods do you have installed. I suspect the problem is probably caused by a scripted cutscene not firing right.

Master Michael
01-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Dumb question, perhaps, but... Have you chosen your destination on the galaxy map like Atton told you? And perhaps talked to Kreia?

Light of the Fey
01-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Alrighty. I have a few mods that I would like to add to this but when I do the came crashes when you go to the temple on Dxun. When you need to fight on Onderon.

I like these:

Highlevel Force Powers v2.1 http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13294.html

Female Underware Mod v1.0 http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10664.html

Combat Simulation Arena v3.0 http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15360.html

TSL Kreia's Assorted Robes http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18688.html

Remote Unlimited http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18618.html

Female Twi'lek Exile Appearance (1.1) http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Female_Twilek_Exile_Appearance;67084

And some others...are there any mods that would cause the mod to crash in Onderon?

Also...what is "The USM"?

sotho1
01-21-2007, 01:20 AM
i have install all these mods without Female Twi'lek Exile Appearance (1.1). Here these all works.

Light of the Fey
01-21-2007, 02:26 AM
Strange...Thats not cool.

sotho1
01-21-2007, 07:12 AM
Also i have install USM, Final Touch, Tomb of Azgath N'Dul. All these works. My problem is The Dark Apprentice, but that is an other thread.

Master Michael
01-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Also...what is "The USM"?

The USM = Ultimate Saber Mod, A collection of new fancy looking lightsaber hilts and crystals.

Ace_Pilot
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Love_of_the_owl: Alrighty. I have a few mods that I would like to add to this but when I do the came crashes when you go to the temple on Dxun. When you need to fight on Onderon.

Well from what I know the game crashes going to the temple with the Holowan Plugin. (At least when I had it installed with a few other things) Best thing I would do is save before going to Dxun again to do the temple mission with no items that would cause the game to crash. (EX: anything that has an outfit that would change somthing with appearance.2da) Or better yet if you can remove everything in the override folder. Beat the Dxun Temple. Save then put the mods back in the override and continue playing when you storm the Onderon Palace.

Light of the Fey
01-23-2007, 01:21 PM
What? It happened to you too? Ok thats messed up they should have warned us about the Dxun Temple Crash! I'm so ticked...I had to reinstall my game 5 times trying to get Holowan to work! I am never trusting their stuff again...

Ace_Pilot
01-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Well its not a matter of trust. I trust the Holwan its just that we might have had somthing that could have caused the problem. Its just unfortunate that we had a problem. Also its not to hard just to beat the temple without the mod then put it back in. From my experiance just make a backup folder of all your mods EXCEPT the holowan plugin and just put it in when it comes time for dxun. Also I have had a problem with the Holowan Plugin with the Korriban Cave not loading simmilar to the Dxun problem.

General Kenobi
01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
At least with the original Holowan Plugin for KII I worked on with Darkkender there were no issues with the Freedon Naad temple. I've played through that area tons of times off and on with a CRAP LOAD of mods installed with no issues. Not sure if theres a later release or not but at least with the original mine played fine coupled like I said with USM and a bunch of others.

:ben:
General Kenobi

Ace_Pilot
01-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Well I use the latest version of Holowan Plugin (TSL Holowan Plugin v1.05 from Jumpstationz.com) Along with the USM and as far as I can tell the Holowan Plugin causes a crash when you try to start the Dxun temple battle and the Koriban Allignment cave (I dont know the name but is module 711KOR) But when I removed all the Holowan Plugin Components and put in my other mods. (USM, and a few Redhawke things) Everything worked just fine.

Darkkender
01-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Well I use the latest version of Holowan Plugin (TSL Holowan Plugin v1.05 from Jumpstationz.com) Along with the USM and as far as I can tell the Holowan Plugin causes a crash when you try to start the Dxun temple battle and the Koriban Allignment cave (I dont know the name but is module 711KOR) But when I removed all the Holowan Plugin Components and put in my other mods. (USM, and a few Redhawke things) Everything worked just fine.

If all you have installed for the plugin is V1.05 from jumpstationz then you need to download the 2 fixes listed in the first post of this thread. There you will also read that v1.05 is the same as v1.03. All that version relates to is which site uploaded it. v1.04 was reserved for Lucasfiles which I never got around to getting submitted there. All of the Dxun crash problems seem to be resolved after people have installed both fixes.

Master Michael
01-26-2007, 02:30 AM
I run Holowan Plugin 1.05 with USM and DAP:HC, and had no troubles with Dxun and Freedon Nadd's Tomb.

WhiteRevan
01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Guys, first thanks for a great plug in. I have a couple of questions, though. The "force thermal detonator" spell will not advance past level one. No matter what class I play I cannot get the second and third levels of this spell. Please advise.

The assassins on the Harbinger first had sabers but the game locked up at Ludo Kresh's tomb. Applied a patch and fixed the tomb problem, but then the assassins on the Harbinger went back to using staffs and pikes. No big deal.

Atton's dark side robes kill him when he wears them. They instantly knock at least 2/3rds off his hitpoints. They immediately come back when you put different robes/armor on him. Why is this?

Spoilt for choice for sabers. As many additions do not stack in sabers the "exile's full name" crystal becomes redundant when used with prestige sabers.

No matter what armor you give Bao-Dur or the Maul PC the character's graphic remains the same: the utility suit.

I just started a game as a female PC but the Handmaiden joined the crew! At least I got Battle Precognition out of it! Also, the Bladesinger robes do not appear on the PC, just regular clothing.

Revans Robes, Darkkender's Robes and the Star Forge Robes usually appear as gold PVC, if they appear at all.

How can I get to Visas to kill herself on the Ravager?

How can I get the exile to stay on Malachor and take over the Academy?

Does the Lost Jedi appear anywhere else after Telos?

In any future TSL plug-in compilations please add the Ultimate Sounds Mod and the Movies Music Mod. It feels like I'm playing Baldur's Gate or some other medieval fantasy FRP at the moment.

My apologies for a lot of questions in one go. It is easier to ask them all and hopefully have them all answered in one go.

Again, thanks for a great plugin.

White Revan.

stralight
03-10-2007, 01:18 AM
what are some of the mod that you could use for the (TSL)_Holowan_Plugin_v1.05 i would really like to know could some someone please make a list?

Bottoe
03-13-2007, 05:28 PM
For some reason i can download this mod from jumpstationz

Eefluxx
04-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Wonderful plugin. Love the new launcher and the music with it. I really like the fact you have so many heads to choose from and not all of them are human. Great Job:)

Edit: Had a problem in the Dxun temple with one of the Sith lords not dying and I couldn't leave the temple because of it. I reread thru the threads and saw someone had a simliar problems and Stoffe had a fix for it. Basically I wanted to say thanks to Stoffe for the fix cause it worked wonderfully in the game :)

WaShO
06-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I have a problem, when i get to the part when i need to go to the sith lord tomb on duxon, my game crashes b4 even entering the area. In the loading procedure it just crashes and i dont know why.

This is the mods i have additionally installed:
High Level Force Powers V2
FinalTouch

can any1 help?

Timme
06-18-2007, 03:55 AM
Hello, I'm new here and I'm from Germany, so my English isn't so good.
I have a problem with the Holowan Plugin for KotOR 2.
I have the German version of Kotor 2 and the plugin will not work on Korriban. In the secret tomb while loading the game crushs.
Is there any possibility to play the plugin with the German game??

greetings
Timme

Eefluxx
06-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Washo and Timme I think the problem is the Patch for the mod isn't available. These were two issues that surfaced when the mod was first released and a Patch was created but the link for it was at PCGamemods which is down. I have asked if anyone had this Patch but noone who does has answered. I am sorry I can't help you at this time but I had to reinstall the mod without realizing that the Patch wasn't available and have this same problem. You could try to send Darkkender and PM and se if he has the patch as that might be your best bet:)

Echad
06-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Ok, so the fixed .tga and .dlg files can be downloaded from the first page. But the link to the Patch is for the pcgamemods, which is not working.

Please, if anyone got this patch, send a Private Mesage to me.

Edit: I PM'ed Darkkender 'bout the Patch... Still, if someone has it, tell me.

Werelyn
06-26-2007, 03:28 PM
First off, thanks to all you guys for your hard work. I'm playing KOTOR II with the plug-in, the USM, DAP and Final Touch. So far, it feels like a new game! I have two questions:

1) It seems like the textures on some of the items is "off" (Atton's Master robes, the Nomi and Kenobi robes you can make at the Hawk workstation to name a few) is this one of those "hi-textures only for LS things? That's fine with me, I usually play LS.

2) I can't seem to get DAP to progress. I met Bastilla on Telos, then saw her on Dantooine, but both she and the Sith Master by the pad said "I'm busy. Come back later. Any ideas?

3) I'd like the Sith guards on Duxn to not be Stormtroopers (which was funny, but kind of took me out of the five-thousand years ago feel) which file(s) should I replace/overrite to put them back?

Thanks Again!

Werelyn

Edit: Ok guys, I LOVE this mod (some random crashes not withstanding) but can someone tell me which files I need to delete/change to turn the Sith Troopers back into Sith Troopers?

Don't get me wrong, I like cutting down Imperials as much as the next guy, but the presence of Stormies 5000 years before they're supposed to exist kind of takes me out of the game.

Thanks-

Werelyn

Werelyn, please do not post in the thread multiple times asking for the same thing. I have deleted your below post and combined that post with your original for now. Thanks. -RH

Echad
06-27-2007, 03:37 AM
Only LS Textures is the game's glitch, not the mod's. And it's maybe a question about the Final Touch. ;)

I think question about DAP should go to the DAP topic. =|

And the author of this mod is currently working on the second edition, where everything will be _optional_, but the poor internet connection limits his releases. Look here: Holowan Plugin 2 Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174722) =)

John Galt
07-05-2007, 10:58 PM
nice mod!

one question: how does the darkkender's workstation work? I can't build any items except Jedi Robes and the HK47 components. I really would like to get at the clone trooper stuff, too.

Eefluxx
07-06-2007, 03:05 AM
John Galt, after you reach a certain level more of Darkkender's workstation opens up to let you build more items. You just have to keep leveling up:)

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Sorry to bring back a topic so old from the depths of forum purgatory, but could someone PM me a working link to the patch?

beetlecat
09-20-2007, 11:20 PM
I was able to get it right from the first message. Maybe one of the servers was down. It was pretty darn slow, though.

Edit: Here's an actual question, too! :)

I'm having a great time running through the game again with USM and this plugin installed, but I'd like to have the 'old ' Kreia back. Is there an easy way to remove that model modification? I'm assuming it's just her 'early' character model being overridden with her later sith form.

Maybe I'll dig through the override and see what I can see.

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I can't get the pcgamemods links to work, are those the files you were able to download?

Darkkender
09-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Use the Jumpstazionz link in my Signature for the core plugin. I also need to check with Chainz.2da if he has the patch being hosted at his site as well.

Cain3k
10-15-2007, 05:26 AM
Probably gonna get yelled at for reviving such a long dead topic but here goes. Just wondering if anyone knows were i can find the patch to this plug-in, I've run into the crashing problem when trying to load the cave in Korriban.

DeadlyDa
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
So...did anyone ever find a working link to the patches for the plugin? It seems a shame that this great mod is only missing a couple of patches to be complete.

Maruxil
11-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone have a working link to the patch that they could post or PM?

Thanks in advance!

LBM170
12-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Yep, I am looking for the patch as well, as I too have the Freedon Nadd loading crash. =/ I guess a link or PM would work for me too, since otherwise the mod is amazing!

Darth Payne
12-10-2007, 05:44 AM
I'll join the train as well. Got the mod, not the patch.

Agravaine
12-10-2007, 05:56 AM
same here. pcgamemods appears to be down?

Please read the PCGM FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623), thanks... please folks no more posts here in T.U.C.E. about links being down... we know they are and have no way to fix it. -RH

Ztalker
12-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Agravaine wrote:
same here. pcgamemods appears to be down?

it's a legendary quote around here, actually. We don't know the reason, but several users around here have tried to save as much as possible from PCgamemods as they could. Try www.lucasfiles.com or www.kotorfiles.com

Mattingly
01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I also lack the patch. Neither www.lucasfiles.com nor www.kotorfiles.com nor www.jumpstaionz.com have it.

If no one can put the patch up could someone paste the text from the patch's readme into a post here so we at least know what problems to expect/fix ourselves?

Edit: Yes, before you ask, I did read this post:http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1832992&postcount=65

It says that it includes "some" details. I'm hoping the readme has more.

ChAiNz.2da
01-10-2008, 07:30 AM
I also lack the patch.
Hey Gang!

Did some digging and it seems I have the patch. Since I host this mod over at my site, I've put the patch up for download as well. Just click the "Direct Download @ JumpStationZ" patch link located in the first post of this thread :)

Patch readme: This is a Patch for the [TSL]Holowan Plugin v1.03/1.04/1.05

This patch fixes various bugs that have arisen from the first release. The bugs are listed below.

* Spells.2da dominate mind spell was causing foul ups with other force powers. Removed this power due to this fact.
* Items were only in the one build menu for the Holowan Items workbench.
* The exile general uniforms were missing there entries in appearance.2da.
* The dlt19 rifle was not priced properly. Replaced with the more upto date versions in the upgrading dl44 mod.
* Fixed the Uthar & Bandon photo mixup.
* Fixed the photo mixup for one of the female heads that was also occuring.
* Fixed the Lost Jedi Lightsabers so that you can swap out the saber crystals.(this is a temporary fix)
* Removed the hoth robes from the dock officers corpse to be more in line with the updated version of the mod.
* Fixed visas robes so that they can now be upgradeable.
* Updated GK's Tai Pei selectable PC skin and photo.
* Fixed a texture glitch with Mav's Katana.
* Fixed the Disiples dialogue file.
* Removed the sith battle simulation conversation options from the security console dialogues.

@Darkkender, if you'd rather I not host this particular file, just let me know bro :)

Mattingly
01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
ChAiNz.2da, you are a gentleman, a scholar and a heck of a nice guy! :D

Beastamon
01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey Gang!

Did some digging and it seems I have the patch. Since I host this mod over at my site, I've put the patch up for download as well. Just click the "Direct Download @ JumpStationZ" patch link located in the first post of this thread :)

Patch readme:

@Darkkender, if you'd rather I not host this particular file, just let me know bro :)

Excellent find ChAiNz.2da

rabidpulse
01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Question, I want to use this mod with the USM (ultimate saber mod) However there are some patches for the USM that have file dates which are newer than some of the files contained within the plugin. (I have all the updates for the plugin) Should I go with newer files should be kept in preference? Or keep to the plugin readme and install it overtop the USM(and patches) and overwrite the files?

ChAiNz.2da
01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Question, I want to use this mod with the USM (ultimate saber mod) However there are some patches for the USM that have file dates which are newer than some of the files contained within the plugin. (I have all the updates for the plugin) Should I go with newer files should be kept in preference? Or keep to the plugin readme and install it overtop the USM(and patches) and overwrite the files?
If they are the same file, it may require merging moreso than overwriting. The USM .2da patch, from memory, corrected some typos I had made, however the Holowan Plug-in patches may change more than that. If you overwrite it with the USM's .2da you might be killing something that the HP requires for some of the other mods it includes.

As daunting as it may seem, it's probably best to open each one and do a comparison to see waht, if anything, needs merging. :)

rabidpulse
01-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah, the 2da file umm, upcrystals has two extra lines it was easy to fix that, but the rest are dialog files, I mean one is 1.35mb of text. Thanks for your opinion I guess I just have to read all the readme files for the plugin and see where changes were made.

Darth Manus
01-18-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm trying the plugin now, and I must say it looks promising. There's just one thing though... How do you change back to the original NPC appearances? Is it through the appearance.2da file? I'm used to seeing HK in his rusty red, and having Kreia on the ship with her Traya look is giving me the creeps.

EDIT: I must have done something wrong... The Star Forge Robes' hoodless model doesn't look like Star Forge Robes at all. And since I'm playing from a rather late recording, I guess I missed the part where the Handmaiden makes her own saber. I'll have to start over soon enough.

EDIT2: Fixed. By the way, I can't seem to see anything in the Ebon Hawk's security cameras. As soon as I click each of them, the image appears for a split second, vanishes and I'm sent back to the console.

RedHawke
01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
And since I'm playing from a rather late recording, I guess I missed the part where the Handmaiden makes her own saber. I'll have to start over soon enough.
Actually most mods reccomend that you start a new game when you add them in, this mod would be no exception.

Darth Manus
01-19-2008, 08:51 AM
I must be doing something wrong, because the maskless version of the Star Forge Robes always ends up looking like this:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2153/swkotor2200801191347150gp0.th.jpg (http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swkotor2200801191347150gp0.jpg)
EDIT: Trying it now from a prologue save and loving it so far. Just arrived on Telos. Everything seems to be working, except for Kreia skipping lines in the dialogue you have in transit. The stormtroopers at the end of Peragus were a nice surprise.

murdrax
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
i was wondering if a version of this can be set up that uses tslpatcher also when i unzipped the zip file i noticed the zip file says one size but unzipped its like 45k!!

i dont know whats going on but holding off on installing it cause of that!!

EGJason
01-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Well yeah it could be set up to TSLPatch but that'd take a while because of all the changes........Trust me I've tried EVERY time my ChangeEdit crashes

Yeah

EGJason

murdrax
01-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Well yeah it could be set up to TSLPatch but that'd take a while because of all the changes........Trust me I've tried EVERY time my ChangeEdit crashes

Yeah

EGJason

thats fine i can wait and also make sure its right dialog file for some reason when i extract 1.05 version i get a dialog extracted thats 45k way too small for a tlk file!!

Edit: i tryed looking for version on lucasartsfiles site its not listed there like this forum said it was. was gonna try downloading that and see if the tlk was was whole with that one but no dice sigh can somebody get me a working tlk file for holowan 2 because defult included in zip file seems to be bugged where it always exptracts at 45k!!

Please do not double post. Thanks. -RH

EGJason
01-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Non-Working TLK? What other mods (if any ) do you have installed?

Darkkender
01-30-2008, 06:27 PM
don't use the dialog.tlk file from the plugin. The readme with the patch told people to remove it. As for lucasfiles at the time I released this mod they refused to host it becasue of there file submission policy at that time, but I still reserved a version for release there in case of changes at lucasfiles.

EGJason
01-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey Darkkender will you by any chance be realesing a TSLPatcher version of Holowan Plugin? Is it possible?

Darkkender
01-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Darkkender will you by any chance be realesing a TSLPatcher version of Holowan Plugin? Is it possible?

I believe there was a project called the [TSL]Holowan Plugin 2 which would answer that question. :p

EGJason
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, but that doesn't have all this stuff in this mod does it??

Best Wishes
EGJason

murdrax
01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
nevermind link isnt broken just clicked wrong one got patch files now thanks for help and time!!

Edit: okay went to try to install oberan expanded museum mod however 4 of the files in that mod are in use with holwan any chance of making compatability with it??

Edit2: okay i got 1.o5 installed found and install 1.00 patch everything seems to be working this time no longer crash at start however is there any other patches i need other than 1.00.

DarthEsteban
02-13-2008, 11:19 PM
To the Xbox-modders out there, does the Holowan Plugin work with it?

Darth Payne
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I am about to install the plug-in for the first time and was wondering what i should do as i have the following.

Holowan Plugin v1.05 (Though it says v1.03 in the readme)
Holowan Plugin Patch v1.00
Holowan Plugin 2

Any help is appreciated as i have quite a few other mods i'd like add in adition to this.

TriggerGod
07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Hello. Sorry for bring back this topic once again (it appears many others have before I) but I have troubles and it pertains to this mod.(?)
I currently have 3 mods, the USM (unpatched AFAIK, downloaded straight from KOTORFiles), this mod (patched. Latest version of mod) and SuperSquall's Skip Peragus.

Now my problem is that my game crashes at certain points in the game. 2 That I can't get by is when Atris takes out your old lightsaber (That I can skip thanks to the DLGEditor) and when the holorecord plays, which I can't skip. I am stuck... help? -_-

Inyri
07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I would be inclined to say your problem likely is with the Skip Peragus mod, although that's just speculation. I've never trusted mods like that because there are so many variables set in a large area like Peragus that it's very likely the author didn't get them all (and it's not like they're unimportant...).

TriggerGod
07-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Alright, I'll try removing the mods again, and put them back in...

EDIT: Well, that didn't work. I followed what the read me said to over write the files of the USM (as long as the USM was installed first) and I didn't install the Skip Peragus mod. Maybe I should play through it again, as my saves might be corrupted... yeah, that might be the problem.

Lord Dagron
07-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Awesome mod dude. downloading right now.

linktheferret
07-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Hey, first and foremost, this has been a lot of fun. I haven't even gotten to Telos yet but I'm already amazed by the quality of all your work. I am currently also running the USM, but that's the only other one as you said they were compatible.

The only thing I had a question about, and I don't know if this is your department or the USM guys', is the lightsaber length. I got to a workstation after picking up my chars personal affects and installed one of the "signature" color crystals to change it up. Not only did it change the hilt (which isn't a problem, that still looks great) but it made the blade almost a solid 25-40% longer. Anyways, for me it just seems like too much and kind of ridiculous to have a 50-60 inch blade swinging around.

So, any words of wisdom on modifying it to reduce the saber blade length back to normal?

thanks!

linktheferret
07-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Sorry, scratch that last post I had no idea the true extent of variety in this thing...so needless to say i got it worked out :) .

Another issue I had though was with the dialog being skipped sometimes, it does it sometimes for humans (party members included) and always for droid or alien speech. Any ideas on that?

thanks

TriggerGod
07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Sorry, scratch that last post I had no idea the true extent of variety in this thing...so needless to say i got it worked out :) .

Another issue I had though was with the dialog being skipped sometimes, it does it sometimes for humans (party members included) and always for droid or alien speech. Any ideas on that?

thanks

There are some instances in the vanilla where that happens. It isn't caused by this mod. TSLRP should be fixing those skips in dialog.

linktheferret
07-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Sorry forgive my ignorance, what is the "RP" on the end of TSLRP? And if that would correct the dialog not working I would LOVE to get ahold of whatever it is. It really cripples the story :( .

Robespierre
07-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Restoration Project. Google is your friend. It's not finished yet, but you can follow its progress here: www.team-gizka.org

TriggerGod
07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Do not tell him of "the incident" :)
Anyways, as an insider (well, an inside at the forums) the bug fixes may be far between, but because Team Gizka has gone so far... its just amazing what their doing. But I don't wanna get off topic.

Knollkopf
10-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I run Holowan Plugin 1.05 with USM and DAP:HC, and had no troubles with Dxun and Freedon Nadd's Tomb.

In which order did you install them? I'd love to run TSL with those mods together, but I'm no modder and editing various files to solve conflicts, just isn't my thing. I know I'm supposed to install the USM before the Holowan Plugin, but when should I install the DAP:HC?

TriggerGod
10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
In which order did you install them? I'd love to run TSL with those mods together, but I'm no modder and editing various files to solve conflicts, just isn't my thing. I know I'm supposed to install the USM before the Holowan Plugin, but when should I install the DAP:HC?

A rule of thumb usually is to install the mod without the TSLPatcher last. So, install the USM first, then the Holowan Plugin, then, DAP:HC.

Knollkopf
10-18-2008, 04:52 PM
A rule of thumb usually is to install the mod without the TSLPatcher last. So, install the USM first, then the Holowan Plugin, then, DAP:HC.

Thanks for the ultra fast reply. Do you mean the mod with the TSLPatcher last? Neither the USM, nor the Holowan Plugin uses the patcher, at least not the versions I've found. And the DAP:HC v2 does.

TriggerGod
10-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Do you mean the mod with the TSLPatcher last?

Yea, it was a mistake on my part. Nobodies perfect, right?

WaShO
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
So basicly i installed those 2 mods, the whole time it was working great untill i was going to the duxn tomb. It freezes at the loading there.. i dont know what to do.. any1 expearcing the same problem???

btw.. i am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask..

EDIT:
oh and i am using holowan plugin 1.03 with the patch

Malxados
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Do you mean it freezes every single time you try to enter?

WaShO
03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
nono i mean right after i choose the party members and it loads to get to the entrance...

Chevron 7 locke
03-19-2009, 09:02 PM
First of all, I love the Plug-in. One of my favorite mods.

I recently reinstalled it and I took out the Hardcore mod due to the fact that I kept getting my saber handed to me by those annoying droids. I replaced it with Achillies Game Balance mod and now it crahses everytime the Visas-Nihilus cutscene ends. I have version 1.05 installed with the patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, fixed it.

WaShO
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
ok, since i didnt get any response for my previous question here i have another one :D:D
since i cant caontinue playing on my previous save ill have to start from the beginning, so is holowan plugin+USM compatible with Darth Dementous + danika mods?

murdrax
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
hey dark any chance of your updating this and the tsl version to add in some of the newer mods main priob with old packs like this is dont oplay nice with newer content!!

Darth GSJ
11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Can anyone tell me what mods are included in this plugin? I would like to know exactly what I'm changing and exactly what I should be looking for.:thmbup1:

The Silly Saber
11-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Can anyone tell me what mods are included in this plugin? I would like to know exactly what I'm changing and exactly what I should be looking for.:thmbup1:

Here you go. It's a list from Darkkender's site listing all the mods in the plugin: http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/READ-TSLHolowanPlugin.txt

hoemaco
12-30-2010, 05:53 PM
don't use the dialog.tlk file from the plugin. The readme with the patch told people to remove it. As for lucasfiles at the time I released this mod they refused to host it becasue of there file submission policy at that time, but I still reserved a version for release there in case of changes at lucasfiles.

Hi! What exactly did you mean by that? That is, install the dialog file from your mod or not?

I've also read about the team gizka mod correcting some stuff (and adding deleted scenes), but it seems they've abandoned their project (and their website is offline). Does anyone know if their work is accessible somewhere on the net? Thanks.

hoemaco
12-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Another question/observation. I just started playing with this mod (the first kotor mod to try - I liked the idea of having several mods integrated, though I was too lazy to read all of the components' readme files, so I don't really know what's included :D)

I really like the new character heads.

However, I found it strange that I found several hundred components and exchange gloves and belt in the first room on peragus (which would otherwise be accessible much later), and then finding a lightsaber on the dead man at the morgue (there were no jedi there according to the story, and how would your own saber go to a dead man's corpse?) It seemed too strong (though I've only encountered the droids so far, but they die too quickly even in difficult mode). (Actually I read about some 'insane' difficulty in the mod, but don't know if it needs activation?) Also, as far as I remember, crafting your lightsaber was one of the quests - so how come you get one now?

Also I found the Hoth stuff on four bodies (yes, I've read you couldn't fix it, but there it was only about having the stuff twice on the dead officer, but now in the next room there are three additional storage officer corpses).

Darkkender
12-30-2010, 08:43 PM
So It's been a rather long time since I have come back or been modding so I apologize for the excessive tardiness here.

To answer your Q's Hoemaco.
What I was refering to was a single file called Dialog.tlk. This single file if copied over can cause major glitches and bugs in the game if not done correctly. There have been later utilities and tools made available long after this mod was ever made that improve on the method that was used when this mod was created.

As to the various excessive amounts of lightsabers and other items you find in game that have less story driven to them this can be the downfall of poor mod development in some cases. The Holowan Plugin is and was a collection of works done by numerous modders at the time this was developed and released. Many modders myself included at times have frequently wanted to have a lightsaber or some cool robes much earlier in the game so we would throw them on some random body in the game or in the start of the game without much more than a note in the readme of where to find the item. When you get literally Dozens of mods that do similiar things combined into one super mod you do get less of a story feel from what you would like. This is sometimes a tradeoff you get when playing with a mod on a game.

I am glad to see that there are always new people coming to the comunity and getting mods like this still and enjoying them and I do hope you can continue to enjoy it despite my infrequency of being around anymore.

hoemaco
12-31-2010, 03:31 AM
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! (After some years it's nice)

What I was refering to was a single file called Dialog.tlk. This single file if copied over can cause major glitches and bugs in the game if not done correctly.
How can you copy over a file "not correctly" ? Getting curious. (I just copied it over the old file. No problems so far, but I'm still on peragus)

There have been later utilities and tools made available long after this mod was ever made that improve on the method that was used when this mod was created.
Originally I was looking for the Restoration Project, but only found out that the Team Gizka abandoned it and their site is down. I have found a version of it from 2009 but it says it's incomplete (i was also surprised it's only 600kB). Do you know of any usable RP mod? Especially if it is compatible with some of these mods you have in here.

(I think I'll just have to sort through the readme files of the holowan plugin and select those mods I want to use and delete the extra stuff. Hope it'll work)

Thanks and have a happy new year!

jonathan7
12-31-2010, 06:17 AM
The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (click me) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203105)

Please do not discuss use of the leaked TG beta, the manner in which it was obtained is against forum rules, thanks -- j7

hoemaco
12-31-2010, 10:13 AM
The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (click me) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203105)

Hey thanks! It's hard (for me) to search through these forums.

Acleacius
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Any suggestion for the load order of this mod, with RCM and many of the newer mods?

I was thinking of actually installing this first, since this would allow the RCM to overwrite any necessary files for the Restoration. I hope would allow me to get at least the most from this mod and still having RCM.

Darkkender
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
I would generally advise against it. Many mods unless they specifically say they are compatible with this will generally break both this mod and the other mod when you overwrite files leading to catastrophic problems. AKA Overwriting == BAD unless told otherwise.

This Mod was released almost 5 years ago meaning there are many mods that are not going to be compatible.

Acleacius
01-14-2011, 02:24 AM
Ok, thanks very much for your reply, work and to all the contributors! :cheers:

I have used this mod in the past and enjoyed it greatly. So if I do install this mod first, worst case is if something gets overwritten, some part of this mod just won't work, correct?

Darkkender
01-14-2011, 10:43 AM
No as I mentioned worst case is Neither mod works properly.

Acleacius
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Doh, ok well my misunderstanding, thanks.

Miner
09-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Hi, after many years I started a new game with KOTOR2 using this plugin and I noticed that the force powers are more or less useless. My char is a lvl 8 consular with wisdom 18 and charisma 16, but I sometimes need 10(!) attempts to stun a single merc or robot.

If someone is still around here... is this an intended feature?