PDA

View Full Version : [REL]Holowan Plugin

Pages : [1] 2

Darkkender
07-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Wow this has been a long time coming. I bet everybody was starting to think that it would never arrive. Well it has and No I haven't been blowing smoke. It's just been a matter of various delays and setbacks numbering quite highly.

A patch has been uploaded to pcgamemods. You will need to download this as well as the main mod and simply overwrite the files that it prompts you too.

From the Readme:

The TSL Holowan Plugin v1.03/v1.04/v1.05

Authors: Darkkender.

Version release notes:

vs 1.03: Pcgamemods released version available for download only at Pcgamemods.
vs 1.04: Lucasfiles released version available for download only at Lucasfiles.
vs 1.05: Jumpstastionz released version available for download only at Jumpstationz.

If you have downloaded one of theses versions from a site not listed above it is to be considered pirated. All releases will be made by myself or one of my designated associates at Holowan Labs.

Description:

The TSL Holowan Plugin is a collection of various mods by myself and a variety of different modders from the Holowan Labs. One of it's main purposes was to provide compatibility for other mods out there.

Installation Instructions:

You will find 4 folders within this mod. Simply copy the contents of these folders into the folders by the same name within your SWKOTOR2 main directory.

Launcher -> launcher folder(Overwrite existing files(PS it's ok I've backed up the originals for you. The originals have a 2 added to there name.)

StreamSounds -> StreamSounds folder(if your prompted to overwrite you'll be okay as it would be caused by the original mod that used these sounds that has been included in the plugin.

Override -> Override folder(You already know the story here but please refer to compatibilities before adding these files.)

You will also find a dialog.tlk file within the Holowan Plugin. Prior to overwriting the original I would recomend making a folder titled backup and copying the original into there. Once you've backed up the original then overwrite it with the one included in the Plugin.

Compatibilities:

The "TSL Holowan Plugin" is compatible with "The USM" simply install the "USM" mod prior to The "TSL Holowan Plugin" and overwrite all of the files it prompts you too. Do not install the Plugin first and then overwrite it's files with those from other mods.

Please refer to the "Credits" folder as it includes seperate text files for different modders listing which of there mods were used as well as folders containing the original readmes of those mods.

V1.03/v1.04/v1.05 notes:

I fixed some bugs from the original release archive that hadn't gotten uploaded yet.

Special Thanks:

Fred Tetra -- Wherever you are you are missed.
TK102 -- All of your recent tools have been extra handy.
Cchargin -- What can I say but MDLOPs & KMM.
Darth333 -- Whereami? Oh there I am.
Redhawke -- Please correct me if I'm wrong. <Activates Armband>Correction made. </Activates Armband>
T7Nowhere -- Phenomal Moderator Powers.
Prime -- Optimus doesn't hold a candle to you man.
Darth Melignous -- For all of your extra work you put into this mod for me.
Chainz.2da -- Age is but a number it's the wisdom that you gain with that number that determines how old you are. FYI That makes me older.:D
Cate Kroft -- You better not have left the party at Holowan yet.
Mono -- Guess what? Tach butt.:P
Achilles -- I think it may be Jedi Counsel Recruit mod for TSL time now man.
Stoffe -mkb- -- I've really got to get the one up on you finished. ;)

To anybody else out there watch out you may be thanked next.

Contact Darkkender via PM at the Holowan Labs or at the release thread for this mod.

Alright let it be know that this mod comes in at around 170MB. What does that mean to the average downloader you ask? Simply put is this if you don't have high speed internet and cannot get access to it through friends or family you may have to go without. The reason is even with high speed it may take nearly an hour and a half to download. If you have dial-up think more like a day and a half. If you really want this mod and you have exhausted every option at least 3 times over contact me via pm and we'll see what we can do.

And without further ado you may download it from the following locations.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14521
http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/HolowanPlugin.htm
The Patch (http://www.pcgamemods.com/14599)

The Patch (Direct Download @ JumpStationZ) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/(TSL)Holowan_Plugin_Patch_v1.00.rar)

Bunk has been so kind as to upload a rar containing a tga that was causing a glitch. I will release a updated patch later that includes this.
TGA Fix Patch (http://www.bunkphotos.com/files/wsbr.rar)

Mav's Comm Panel dialogue fix.
here (http://files.filefront.com/secsysdlg/;5420313;;/fileinfo.html)

ChAiNz.2da
07-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Chainz.2da -- Age is but a number it's the wisdom that you gain with that number that determines how old you are. FYI That makes me older.:D
:p hehehe...

Looks great man! :thumbsup:

I have Comcast High Speed and it took about 3-5 minutes... so no worries there (for high speeders that is)... w00t! 1st download.. hehehe :emodanc:

I'll post the JumpStationZ version probably tomorrow :D (thanks again)...

EDIT: Done! It's up over at my site as well bro. I'll keep ya' updated on how it goes...

but again, awesome work! I know this had to have been really fun to do ;)

Darkkender
07-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
:p hehehe...

Looks great man! :thumbsup:

I have Comcast High Speed and it took about 3-5 minutes... so no worries there (for high speeders that is)... w00t! 1st download.. hehehe :emodanc:

I'll post the JumpStationZ version probably tomorrow :D (thanks again)...

but again, awesome work! I know this had to have been really fun to do ;)

The most fun was in playtesting with the USM.

Lorden Darkblade
07-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Yipeeee :D :D
Great work guys :thumbsup:
*downloads*

Darkkender
07-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
Great work guys :thumbsup:
*downloads*

:p guy :p Singular. I just merged hordes of mods into one super mod.:cool:

Lorden Darkblade
07-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
Great work man :thumbsup:
*downloads*

Hmmm :D :P
Sorry

Fixed now ;)

Mono_Giganto
07-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Mono -- Guess what? Tach butt.:P

Haha, very funny. :p

Will check it out, nice job. :)

Jeff
07-23-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm glad I have comcast for this. ;)

Great job Darkkender :)

RedHawke
07-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Very cool Darkkender! :thumbsup:

But I do have a question... What took you so long? :xp:

J/K! :D
Redhawke -- Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ok DK, you asked for it... He he he!

Overide -> Overide floder
Override has 2 r's in it, and folder is mispelled too! :p

*Notices Darkkender glaring my direction... flees quickly from thread!*

General Kenobi
07-23-2005, 10:28 PM
GREAT to see this out I've got my fresh copy of TSL on a pc waiting for it now. It was a hoot making all of the extras you wanted and was glad to be part :thumbsup: Hope to work with ya again sometime ;)

I'm off to download the posted version over at PCgameMODS now!!!

General Kenobi
"aka" Darth Melignous ;)

darth makaan
07-24-2005, 12:30 AM
what's the diff between the 3 versions?

ChAiNz.2da
07-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by darth makaan
what's the diff between the 3 versions?
No differences, they denote permissions :)

yohan
07-24-2005, 01:19 AM
~
I just reinstalled Kotor II and I just installed this mod with the USM mod.

Seems like a great mod!!!

ONE problem though...when I started a new game and clicked the recommend button for my attributes, all my attributes jumped to 18!!! (For a grand total of 96 pts)

I'm not sure if this is suppose to happen...
~

General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by yohan
~

ONE problem though...when I started a new game and clicked the recommend button for my attributes, all my attributes jumped to 18!!! (For a grand total of 96 pts)

~

Now that sounds like I feature I'd like :D

Download Time FYI: @125KB your looking at 15-20 minutes (that's what mine took)

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 02:14 AM
~

~

So you found my "Easter Egg.":D I put that in there just to see how many people use that quick character method of creation. However having tested the game using that option let me tell you that it will still never help you enough to matter when in combat. Unless of course you have the proper equipment. Might I recomend one of the various jedi armors you can make at Darkkender's workbench aboard the Ebon Hawk.:p

@Mono: I was wondering who would take notice of my special credits section first.

@Redhawke: Wow! Only 2 spelling errors in the readme that was typed on 2 hours of sleep. I think that's pretty good.:cool:

T7nowhere
07-24-2005, 02:15 AM
It looks good Darkkender.

My only complaint would be the lack of an easy to read inventory about the bigger changes, like the ones to do with the 2da's.

I look forward to your next Plug-in release.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
It looks good Darkkender.

My only complaint would be the lack of an easy to read inventory about the bigger changes, like the ones to do with the 2da's.

I look forward to your next Plug-in release.

If you have a recomendation I would welcome whatever suggestions you might have as I know I can be forgetful and flaky when it comes to documentation.

I do have a few changes already in the works that will be patches which should include making certain of compatibilities with the USM patches which I missed.

Also to further expand on what Chainz.2da mentioned above for everyone. I am assigning different version numbers to different sites as a way of Monitoring if a site is hosting my mod without my permission. It is also a great way of finding out who's site the file was pirated from just by checking the version number.

General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 03:27 AM
DK, I'm having "issues" with the install

It went:

USM
Both patches for USM
Plugin

It loads the launcher with the buttons I did then just loads normally after that. When I go into create a new head for either male or female it doesn't have any but the in game ones. :confused:

Jeff
07-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by General Kenobi
DK, I'm having "issues" with the install

It went:

USM
Both patches for USM
Plugin

It loads the launcher with the buttons I did then just loads normally after that. When I go into create a new head for either male or female it doesn't have any but the in game ones. :confused:
You're not using subfolders are you?

General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Ooh DM you know how people can have those great moments of stupidity??? :D Well I had one for myself last night. My problem was"

Override

NOT

Overide

Hee hee hee

Problem Solved :D

reiella
07-24-2005, 10:50 AM
[ Doh posted after guy figured it out :P ]

Side question.

The descriptions and icons for Force Aura and Force Armor power chains are both borked up for me. Both are listing other powers (Force Aura seems to like listing Force Armor descriptions for itself, Force Armor has Dominate Mind listed for its opening power), descriptions, and icons.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by reiella
[ Doh posted after guy figured it out :P ]

Side question.

The descriptions and icons for Force Aura and Force Armor power chains are both borked up for me. Both are listing other powers (Force Aura seems to like listing Force Armor descriptions for itself, Force Armor has Dominate Mind listed for its opening power), descriptions, and icons.

That is one bug I have still been working on. There were about 3 mods previously that affected the dialogue.tlk file. I'm certain this has to be resolved there. Untill I can find the error you can use the original dialogue.tlk file that you did backup right. The only problem is there will be some invalid tlk entries for other elements in the game.

Jeff
07-24-2005, 11:46 AM
I found a slight problem. When starting a new game and going through all the new heads, I noticed that the Uthar head used Bandon's portrait and vice versa. Just thought I'd let you know about that. Again, great job DK :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, while going through Female heads, I noticed that one of the default heads now uses MacLeodCorp's Bastila portrait.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
I found a slight problem. When starting a new game and going through all the new heads, I noticed that the Uthar head used Bandon's portrait and vice versa. Just thought I'd let you know about that. Again, great job DK :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, while going through Female heads, I noticed that one of the default heads now uses MacLeodCorp's Bastila portrait.

I'll double check it however just to make certain what other mods do you have installed now?

Jeff
07-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I'll double check it however just to make certain what other mods do you have installed now?
Well for head mods I have Mav's Fixed Billy Goad Chin Head, and t7's 2 new heads, but those 2 were installed after the plugin, since I just overwrote the heads.2da, portraits.2da, and appearance.2da. I shouldn't have any other mods that would cause that to happen, though if you need a complete list then tell me and I'll figure it out.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Well for head mods I have Mav's Fixed Billy Goad Chin Head, and t7's 2 new heads, but those 2 were installed after the plugin, since I just overwrote the heads.2da, portraits.2da, and appearance.2da. I shouldn't have any other mods that would cause that to happen, though if you need a complete list then tell me and I'll figure it out.

The one I'm most curious about is the Bastilla photo related one. The reason is I made a point not to use files that replaced default pc heads. I took every head skin replacement and portrait replacement and renamed them all prior to beginning merging to avoid just that problem. As I said I'll double check. Do you know which default PC it's replacing off the top of your head?

Jeff
07-24-2005, 01:07 PM
The one I'm most curious about is the Bastilla photo related one. The reason is I made a point not to use files that replaced default pc heads. I took every head skin replacement and portrait replacement and renamed them all prior to beginning merging to avoid just that problem. As I said I'll double check. Do you know which default PC it's replacing off the top of your head?
No, but I can find out in just a minute.

EDIT: Its the blonde caucasian one with the 2 braids that are tight on her head, and she has grey eyes. Sorry for the lack of PFBH-whatever, but I do not know that.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 01:29 PM
No, but I can find out in just a minute.

EDIT: Its the blonde caucasian one with the 2 braids that are tight on her head, and she has grey eyes. Sorry for the lack of PFBH-whatever, but I do not know that.

That's fine actually. I just ran through the starting of a new character and have tried all 3 female body types and got nothing. We may have to go through the full rundown afterall of mods installed. The reason is the Heads were the 1st thing completed in the mod and haven't had any changes since the v1.00 original package. The only bugs I had run across and fixed were in game glitches between v1.00 & v1.03.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Okay I think I found the glitch with the force powers. It's not in Dialogue.tlk but in spells.2da. Now before I release the patch is there any other mods that use spells.2da that might be conflicting that you've installed reiella.

General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey DM & DK the switch was there for me as well. I also noticed a couple of items that were the same. ;)

I've got USM
Plugin

BTW DK REALLY KEWL work on this :D

How do you feel about me doing an "update" of sorts? :D

I just noticed I have a head duplicate in there with another "taipae". I do already have an "edit" for her I did myself for me. If you want to let me know via a PM and I'll go ahead and either get it to you or make it. Just let me know either way if you want to do it.

If you'd like I'll double check things as I play through a complete game and let you know if I see any oddities or the like ;)

I like everything for the most part I see so far especially the "extras." I see now why you NEED the easter egg. DANG!!! I got killed lickety split :D

Jeff
07-24-2005, 04:20 PM
DK, another thing I found is that there are multiple corpses on peragus that have the hoth robe pack inside of them. I assume that they are only supposed to be on one of them.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey DM & DK the switch was there for me as well. I also noticed a couple of items that were the same. ;)

I've got USM
Plugin

BTW DK REALLY KEWL work on this :D

How do you feel about me doing an "update" of sorts? :D

I just noticed I have a head duplicate in there with another "taipae". I do already have an "edit" for her I did myself for me. If you want to let me know via a PM and I'll go ahead and either get it to you or make it. Just let me know either way if you want to do it.

If you'd like I'll double check things as I play through a complete game and let you know if I see any oddities or the like ;)

I like everything for the most part I see so far especially the "extras." I see now why you NEED the easter egg. DANG!!! I got killed lickety split :D

If you could help me narrow down where this glitch is at I would be more than glad. I cleared my overide again threw the archived files into it and I'm still not getting the Bastilla photo glitch. I'm starting to tear out hair here.

By the way feel free to send me a PM with your head duplicate fix. As well as any other glitches that you find.

If I can find where the head glitch is I'll have a patch up tonight.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 04:31 PM
DK, another thing I found is that there are multiple corpses on peragus that have the hoth robe pack inside of them. I assume that they are only supposed to be on one of them.

That comes from Macleodcorps Hoth robes mod originally. I decided to leave that part alone other than tweaking the inventory to include each of the robes with there own texture.

By the way what do people think of the New Launcher and startup background.wav file. If people have listened to the full background.wav might I recomend taking a long listen to it.:cool:

Jeff
07-24-2005, 04:34 PM
I haven't listened to the background wav at startup all the way through, but I was wondering what that came from. And I love the new launcer and the loading screens. Much better than what they ave us, and I love seeing Holowan on all of them.

Darkkender
07-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Well I found in the variety of custom heads that come with the Plugin a mismatched photo with head scenario. I don't know if this is the one that people have been referencing. I searched through the main archive itself and there are no photo files that would overide the default photo's for female pc's and all of the portraits.2da references as well as heads.2da & appearance.2da references for default heads are all correct so I'm unsure where that mystery bastilla photo replacing a default PC problem lies. But I can say this with certainty that the bastilla photo problem is not a plugin error. Now it might be the photo glitch that I found if it was the head following a whole batch of female twilek heads.

General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 08:04 PM
OK there DK I looked thru all of the head files and you did a great job. All are correct and all heads/portraits are correct :D

The male and female both are correct. :thumbsup:

I'd agree with ya. Whatever icon/head problems arise they are not from the Holowan Plugin ;)

yohan
07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
~
Hey it's me again.

I have a big problem (or not)...

In the comm. room in the Ebon Hawk, when I click on -Launch Sith Battle Sim-
nothing happens, the screen turns black and that's it....
~

General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 08:20 PM
~
Hey it's me again.

I have a big problem (or not)...

In the comm. room in the Ebon Hawk, when I click on -Launch Sith Battle Sim-
nothing happens, the screen turns black and that's it....
~

I just put a PM to Darkkender verifying it. I also had this issue and no chance of mod conflict. ;)

yohan
07-24-2005, 09:33 PM
~
I just put a PM to Darkkender verifying it. I also had this issue and no chance of mod conflict. ;)
I believe that this is Xcom's mod... (because I reconize the launch script in the dialog from my previous expirences with his mod) ...however he has no mention in the credits folder...
~

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 01:31 AM
You could be right. I remember when it came out but can't remember who did it to be honest :D

I found another similar issue with an incorrect tga size. (that one being an issue with the original as well)

Darkkender
07-25-2005, 01:46 AM
The battle sim is a glitch of sort it and a couple other mods of Xcom's were supposed to make it into the mod. However due to a variety of reasons I decided to not include it in the first release. I thought I had cleaned up all of the non-2da related stuff of Xcom's before release. I'll have a fix for it in the patch.

Fuu
07-25-2005, 10:49 AM
The launcher rox!... I have'nt listened to the whole .wav yet but I will.
I've played through about 8 hours, am at level 13 and these are the things that do not work for me:

I have the holowan Plugin installed with ........(Stoffe's?!?! I cant remeber) high level force powers mod installed after (I dont see how this is a problem though cuz it uses a pacher.)

1 When I started the game I chose the female guardian class and the first chiose was a pink mira. I scrolled through and chose the blue haired caucasian girl. When I did this it changed her default clothes to a really rad looking jumpsuit but I never got this in the game. Is this connected to #3?

2 <snip snip>

3 Echani Atton did not show up... I fixed this by overwriting the head and robe files with ones that I has downloaded with the "Echani Atton " mod previously. Crap is this going to affect the collar on his robe? When I used the original robe that came with that pak I noticed the collar didnt look right because I had Svosh's collar fix going too.

4 After meeting Grenn/killing the fake batu I found that the "uniforms" (<FullName> Jedi Guardian uniform etc.) do not look like their icons... they just look like regular civillian clothes (Ack I wanna see that cool outfit!)

5 When you meet the "Lost Jedi" she gives you the padawan saber but it is without a skin or something because when you try to take it to the upgrade screen its completesly silver, has no color crystal, and trying to upgrade it causes the game to crash

6 When is the part where you get the "lost jedi"as an npc? it seems like this is either tied to being male or broken because I have everyone but Mand. and Hk. (My memory is telling me that shes supposed to replace goto? I have him where is she? )

7 Noticed that when you meet disciple it plays him saying "I've found the exile" but the camera just shows a closed door and then an empty room in the enclave. Wha? maybe you could meet him... go through all the convos... leave... then pick him up at kunda after it shows the correct cut of him talking to carth? What is it supposed to do? I feel like its wrong because im staring at a wall.

8 Visas new robe is not upgradeable? the description says it is but it doesnt show up on the workbench.

Am I the only one that found theese? Sorry if I'm posting about something somone might have already asked about. I read the thread...

<Edit: I took out the duplicate info, man holowan doesnt like me today upload! d@rn you!>

Aside from that though this plugin kicks butt! I seriously almost peed my pants when I saw everything......... whee this gives me so many ideas.... thanks very much Darkkender, and all of the modders who.... um ....made theese mods. (damn its 8:41 and already 100......I can feel my intelligence sapping already)

Thanks again, hope this is of some help, please forgive the typoz.

Darkkender
07-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Okay feeling a little overwhelmed and slightly confused there Fuu.

1] I did give alot of the new appearances there own unique default clothes and some have unique underwear outfits as well. Part of this is do to the fact that some of the heads don't look right on the default clothing models.

2] That was the subject being discussed earlier with MacLeodCorp. While the instance's of a half dozen copies of the robes will stop the corpses will have to stay for the patch. However they will be removed in the next version.

3] One of the key elements covered in the WIP thread that lost alot of it's content is that the mod would be using elements from other mods but maybe not the whole mod itself. Echani Atton is now a selectable PC. Infact many of the skin replacement mods out there for PC's have become new selectable PC's. If there are skin replacement mods you want to use that don't conflict with this go for it.

4] That may be a glitch related to clothing differences. I'll take a look into it however I pretty sure it is do to there new custom clothes look I gave a few of them. Once again some of the heads don't look good at all on default body models.

5] I think I looked into the mod originally that gives you that saber and discovered it is not a saber that can have it's crystal changed. It does not have a upcrystals.2da entry from the original mod. There are many lightsaber mods out there that do not have upcrystals entries and without that you will never be able to change the crystal in them. I believe I left this item in game because it was part of a larger mod.

6] I believe the lost jedi recruit mod was a seperate mod from a mod author who's mods are not in the Plugin. This may be because they never replied to my request to include there mods, I had no way to contact them except for a pcgamemods open forum, the mod was released after 6/11, or some other factor not covered.

7] I haven't played a female except once when I first got the game and I honestly can't remember disiples conversation routines to join the party. I will take a look into it though it might be that you didn't trigger the proper criteria in game yet. I don't think I really messed with his dialog other than relating to achilles disiple would you please shut up mod.

8] Visas's robe is that one of the ones crafted at the workbench? No matter I'll find it I imagine it might have been an error from the original mod. Other than merge dialogs, scripts 2da's and some utp, utc, & utc files I didn't mess with items that people made themselves. Some exceptions to this included renaming the file or changing there texture entries, I didn't change upgrade factors except for my own mods.

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 12:13 PM
1] I did give alot of the new appearances there own unique default clothes and some have unique underwear outfits as well. Part of this is do to the fact that some of the heads don't look right on the default clothing models.

Of which we are very grateful :D

:thumbsup:

One of the many kewl features is all the new default clothing type changes you did :D

Darkkender
07-25-2005, 02:08 PM
@Fuu

Okay I've some news for you here.

4] Fixed this problem I had forgotten the entries for Redhawks Exile general uniforms. This will be in the patch.(releasing tonight with or without GeneralKenobi's texture fixes.:rolleyes: )

5-6] Took a look at the "Lost Jedi" mod. This was not a recruit mod whence you don't get to recruit them. I was also correct the lightsabers you get from the Lost Jedi cannot have there crystals changed. I will however change the sabers for MacLeodCorp since it is an issue you would like addressed.

7] Found the disiple conversation bug I think. This will also been in the patch.

8] Fixed Stoffe MKB's visas robes to be properly upgradeable with both underlays & overlays.

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 02:14 PM
4] Fixed this problem I had forgotten the entries for Redhawks Exile general uniforms. This will be in the patch.(releasing tonight with or without GeneralKenobi's texture fixes.:rolleyes

:xp:

Here's the screenie of "Tarran Enwarr" (the new version of Tai Pae)

Clickie Clickie (http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/seeme30.jpg)

@DK check your PM box EDIT: files uploaded per request for you for what we've been talkin' about so far in a .rar for ya. ;) It's about 480kb so far in size. :D

Fuu
07-25-2005, 04:11 PM
@DK Thanks for looking into those issues, sorry about the nedless part and the confusing verbage. Thats what I get for trying to draft a garage while I'm posting..... I'll attempt to be more concise/carefull in the future (and I'll go back and fix all those typos...ugh sorry.). I am really enjoying playing this plugin so far and I'll be watching for that fix l8r.......Thanks again, you've helped alot, I'll be sure to do the same for someone someday when the nOob factor wears off.....:rolleyes:

@GK I dig Tarran Enwarr. Shes a hottie.......haha if thats a selectable head then I might have to start over....

So many goodies...... when do you guys ever get time to play?!?!?!?!..........Ha ha thank you so much, I'm learning more all the time.

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Fuu
@GK I dig Tarran Enwarr. Shes a hottie.......haha if thats a selectable head then I might have to start over....

Yep it will be a head for the Tai Pae model I didn't finish with a good enough graphic for :D

Darkkender
07-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Just a general anouncement to everybody.

It seems there is some sort of hangup with installing the High level force powers mod by Stoffe. I'm not sure as to what it is. I've received a couple of PM's asking me why there is a problem installing that mod on top of the Plugin. As it's not my mod I am uncertain.

Stoffe if you have any ideas what could be the problem can you give a shout out.

To anybody else if you are also having a problem with both the plugin and the high level force power mod can you mention it here so that I or Stoffe might get a clearer picture.

Also in general if people can try to post bugs and glitches here first instead of via PM that would be great.

Thank you all and to those I haven't heard from and those that I have I hope your enjoying the mod.

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Buy/Sell stats for DLT-19 Long Range Rifle item. Cost is 19. :D I like it but it doesn't fit with the other custom gun prices. ;)

@Stoffe

Here's what problem I have after I install USM then Holowan Plugin then HL Force Powers V2:

The "Force Static Field" force power is duplicated at the top of the list of new powers and has a level 1 level 2 and level 3 version. Of course you know there is only 1 level in the actual power.

It shows up in game but doesn't do anything even if you've trained in it. a "dummy power" I guess you'd call it :D

Hope that helps a bit

Gen. Kenobi

Darkkender
07-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Buy/Sell stats for DLT-19 Long Range Rifle item. Cost is 19. :D I like it but it doesn't fit with the other custom gun prices. ;)

That Mono gotta love his pricing structures for his items. I'll see about making his stuff more spendy. I think he must have done it so he can have plenty of them for cheap from somebody.

Mono_Giganto
07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey now, I never intended for my guns to be bought! I can't say how 19 became the price. I left the prices alone when I made the uti's. Until ChAiNz provided me with a handy storefront for my stuff, then I altered the prices to fit. (You should've used the uti's in my DL-44 mod Darkkender. :p)

Darkkender
07-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Hey now, I never intended for my guns to be bought! I can't say how 19 became the price. I left the prices alone when I made the uti's. Until ChAiNz provided me with a handy storefront for my stuff, then I altered the prices to fit. (You should've used the uti's in my DL-44 mod Darkkender. :p)

Are you talking about the DL-44 update you released about 3 weeks back? If so I think it was brought to my attention after 6/11 which was the plugin's cutoff for mods for me to download and add.:p However I'll get the new version and add it in for you.

The Source
07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
@Fuu

5-6] Took a look at the "Lost Jedi" mod. This was not a recruit mod whence you don't get to recruit them. I was also correct the lightsabers you get from the Lost Jedi cannot have there crystals changed. I will however change the sabers for MacLeodCorp since it is an issue you would like addressed.

This will also be taken care of on my end as well. I made the changes, but I left them out of the mod. Actually, the mod was discontinued due to issues, and upgraded to the 'Dark Apprentice'. Darkkender - I will be releasing a patch to that mod, so I wouldn't do anything with it. There are specific changes being made.

stoffe
07-25-2005, 06:25 PM
@Stoffe

Here's what problem I have after I install USM then Holowan Plugin then HL Force Powers V2:

The "Force Static Field" force power is duplicated at the top of the list of new powers and has a level 1 level 2 and level 3 version. Of course you know there is only 1 level in the actual power.

That sounds odd. Did you receive any warnings (brownish orange) or errors (red) in the installer's progress log? Does the HLPlugin have any files with the same name as the force power mod aside from spells.2da?

Could someone post the spells.2da file from the HLPlugin (before installing the force powers) so I can have a look at it? Hard to say what could be wrong before I can recreate the error myself.

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Nope no warnings just installed normally. The real power still works just now we have that dummy one.

Darkkender
07-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-
That sounds odd. Did you receive any warnings (brownish orange) or errors (red) in the installer's progress log? Does the HLPlugin have any files with the same name as the force power mod aside from spells.2da?

Could someone post the spells.2da file from the HLPlugin (before installing the force powers) so I can have a look at it? Hard to say what could be wrong before I can recreate the error myself.

Hey Stoffe I'll be uploading the Patch tonight which will be relatively small and will include a spells.2da file if you want to DL that and take a look at it. However I have a hunch that may be the reason I was having a problem with the Dominate mind power by XCom that was screwing up some things.

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
That explains the blank icon in the light force powers range with that name. I wondered what the "." force power did 2nd from top and that's what it said "Dominate Mind"

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey DK, I found an issue with HK and his icons

PO_PHK47.tga
PO_PHK473.tga

I've only seen one (the first) as the icon so far BUT I think the other one is just an "extra" as well ;)

Thanks,

General Kenobi

Fuu
07-25-2005, 10:06 PM
<snip>

It shows up in game but doesn't do anything even if you've trained in it. a "dummy power" I guess you'd call it :D

<snip>
[/B]

I got this as well... but I never installed USM....just the Holowan Plugin than the HLFP mod....... but this "dummy" version was there even before I installed the USM... it was useable, but they always saved, plus it has no name or description, just an icon <I know this sounds redundant im just saying how it was for me>. Haha I got bored with it saving every time and thats when I installed the HLFP mod (Kudos Stoffe !).

I never got any errors in the patcher when I installed HLFP though..... hmmm

General Kenobi
07-25-2005, 11:02 PM
The Shadow's Double Saber shows only the white square when your equipping it. Might be missing ;)

Gen. Kenobi

mattcrowston
07-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey Darkkender great job piecing all the mods together. I love the launcher music and all the loading screens. You have most of my favorite mods in here. One of the best ones in my opinion is the Handmaiden For Females mod by Stoffe.

Now when I play the game as a female. I get handmaiden as a party member on Telos. But when I get to Dantooine and go in the ruins I still recruit Disciple right over Handmaiden. I would like to keep Handmaiden. :)

Just wanted to let you know about this. I am sure you probably got tons of stuff to check out and tweak. I appreciate all the work you've done along with everyone else here.

MattC

General Kenobi
07-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey DK, I don't know if this is a problem or not or a kewl Easter Egg but I found the HK issue. It is his custom HK only capacitor armor. It also serves as a disguise to turn him into the new version. If you thought that up :D Very KEWL :D

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Hey DK, I don't know if this is a problem or not or a kewl Easter Egg but I found the HK issue. It is his custom HK only capacitor armor. It also serves as a disguise to turn him into the new version. If you thought that up :D Very KEWL :D

Well if your refering to HK having a different paint scheme. That is just an element that comes from the painted droid armor mod.

As to the 2 different photo's that is actually an element that is supposed to be that way. When you go to choose your party members that will be traveling with you the 2nd photo PO_PHK473.tga is what you see on the right hand side.

@mattcrowston -- I'm not sure how the handmaiden for females mod handles the Disciple joining the party. I've never actually played a female character far enough to test out this mod element.

@GK -- thanks for the catch on the Shadows double saber I'll have it fixed in the next patch.

@Fuu -- Are you refering to a set of 3 force powers at the bottom of the powers list that have no name or description? If so That is from Boinga1's force explosion mod. It points to blank entries in dialogue.tlk. I plan to write entries in the tlk file since there was none before . The fix for this will be in the 2nd patch.

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 02:37 AM
I have posted the patch up at pcgamemods. Here is some details of what it fixes.

This is a Patch for the [TSL]Holowan Plugin v1.03/1.04/1.05

This patch fixes various bugs that have arisen from the first release. The bugs are listed below.

* Spells.2da dominate mind spell was causing foul ups with other force powers. Removed this power due to this fact.
* Items were only in the one build menu for the Holowan Items workbench.
* The exile general uniforms were missing there entries in appearance.2da.
* The dlt19 rifle was not priced properly. Replaced with the more upto date versions in the upgrading dl44 mod.
* Fixed the Uthar & Bandon photo mixup.
* Fixed the photo mixup for one of the female heads that was also occuring.
* Fixed the Lost Jedi Lightsabers so that you can swap out the saber crystals.(this is a temporary fix)
* Removed the hoth robes from the dock officers corpse to be more in line with the updated version of the mod.
* Fixed visas robes so that they can now be upgradeable.
* Updated GK's Tai Pei selectable PC skin and photo.
* Fixed a texture glitch with Mav's Katana.
* Fixed the Disiples dialogue file.
* Removed the sith battle simulation conversation options from the security console dialogues.

tou can find it here http://www.pcgamemods.com/14599/

stoffe
07-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by mattcrowston

Now when I play the game as a female. I get handmaiden as a party member on Telos. But when I get to Dantooine and go in the ruins I still recruit Disciple right over Handmaiden. I would like to keep Handmaiden. :)

That mod was released prior to Obsidian releasing the v1.0b patch for the game, and has only been extensively tested with the first version of the game. With that version I know that the Disciple will not join if the Handmaiden is already present in the group. He will return to Khoonda instead.

It's possible that Obsidian changed something with his dialog or scripts in the v1.0b patch that is messing up this behavior. Since I don't have the v1.0b patch installed myself I don't know, and I don't have access to the updated game files so I can make sure everything still works. (Since my game works just fine with the first version I never saw the need to update to 1.0b... "If it aint broken don't fix it" and all that...)

Thus it is entirely possible that the Handmaiden for All mod is incompatible with the v1.0b game patch.

There's only one other person who has reported this problem to me, but then it's entirely possible that you two are the only ones who use that mod (with the 1.0b version of the game at least). :)

Mav
07-26-2005, 04:34 AM
To anybody else out there watch out you may be thanked next.

*cough* me... *cough* ... lol...j/k, congrats on the release man, may there be many more mods in your future :D

mattcrowston
07-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-
Thus it is entirely possible that the Handmaiden for All mod is incompatible with the v1.0b game patch.

Thanks for the reply stoffe. But I am in the same boat as you. I have never had a problem with TSL either, and have never used the 1.0b patch.

I have used your mod pretty well everytime I have played a female in TSL. Thats at least 4 times through(I'm a slave to the game). Anyways, thanks for all the effort

MattC

stoffe
07-26-2005, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the reply stoffe. But I am in the same boat as you. I have never had a problem with TSL either, and have never used the 1.0b patch.

I have used your mod pretty well everytime I have played a female in TSL. Thats at least 4 times through

Hmm... The other 4 times you've used it was with that mod directly, and then it worked like it should? Are you only getting this problem with the version that is included in the HLPlugin?

Don't know what to suggest if you use the original version of the game. I use the Handmaiden mod myself (The Handmaiden annoys me slightly less than the Disciple) almost every time I play, and it has never clicked for me yet.
:confused:

Tupac Amaru
07-26-2005, 05:59 AM

Now when I play the game as a female. I get handmaiden as a party member on Telos. But when I get to Dantooine and go in the ruins I still recruit Disciple right over Handmaiden. I would like to keep Handmaiden. Seems the Disciple's dialogue files got mixed up in the HLPlugin. Both disc_enc.dlg and 602disc_enc.dlg contain his lines for module 602 (Khoonda).

I have used the handmaiden mod with the patch and the Disciple hasn't joined my party.

stoffe
07-26-2005, 07:44 AM

@Stoffe

I've looked into this a bit further now, I downloaded the HLPlugin patch and got the spells.2da from it and used it to update it with the force power mod. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary with it, so I downloaded the full HLPlugin and got the spells.2da from that too just in case Darkkender had fixed the problem in the patch. Same there, everything appears to have been added as intended, no problems I could spot.

However, I did notice a number of other problems in the HLPlugin spells.2da that are unrelated to the Force Powers mod, but maybe is the cause of the mentioned problems:

1) There are 5 entries in spells.2da for XC_* (Xcom?) powers (index 283 to 287), but those powers have no name or description assigned, nor do the impact scripts they reference exist within the HLPlugin. One of them has a custom icon, which does not exist in the HLPlugin either.

The first of these powers become available to all classes at the start of the game, and the fifth become available at level 6 to all classes. (The remaining three appears to be item-activated "powers" and won't show up on the force power GUI screen.)

2) The 2nd tier version of the FORCE_POWER_EXPLODE power has the Darth333 whereami armband "power" as a prerequisite to learn it. The 3rd tier power in addition has the first XC power as a prerequisite to learn it. Since the D3_LOCATION power isn't a learnable power (but triggered by an armband), those two Explosion force powers would theoretically never become available.

That said, I have no idea why the High Level Force Power mod does not work with the HLPlugin. Are you absolutely sure these problems with "dummy" force powers didn't show up with the HLPlugin before you installed the Force Powers mod?

If not, you are likely seeing the above mentioned broken XC powers, which have nothing to do with the Force Powers mod that I made. :)

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 10:39 AM
All of the entries for xcom's spells were all adjusted to not show up is why alot of those have blank descriuptions. Part of this was because of problems with his mods I am however working on including them full fledged in the next patch. As to the force explosion problem nice catch there. I can now have that fixed as well.

Tupac Amaru
Seems the Disciple's dialogue files got mixed up in the HLPlugin. Both disc_enc.dlg and 602disc_enc.dlg contain his lines for module 602 (Khoonda).

This may have been resolved with the patch. There had been a mix-up with stoffe's mod and the USM and I had used the wrong dialogue originally which was the one from stoffe's mod.

@Maverick187 I was wondering when you would pop in.:p

@Stoffe Um hate to burst your bubble but the handmaiden for female pc's actually has a folder that you included with it to be 1.0b compatible. I can send you a copy of your own archive if you don't believe me.:p

Fuu
07-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok so I put the patch in override and then loaded up a save game in the enclave before I unlock the door and talk to disciple..... ack.
When I walk in it still puts the camera in front of a closed door, plays "admiral, I have found the exile", and then puts the camera just inside that door (? I think) to show two mines........ hrmmmmmm do I need to start a new game for the changes to take affect? I'm confused.

I noticed that if you put a "color crystal" (in my case a pink one) into Darksword the blade changes but never goes off.

hope this helps ya

stoffe
07-26-2005, 11:38 AM
All of the entries for xcom's spells were all adjusted to not show up is why alot of those have blank descriuptions.

At any rate I can't see any other problems after I updated the spells.2da files from the HLPlugin with the force powers mod, so there is little I can do about it.

As a last resort, could someone who has this problem post their spells.2da file (after install of the force powers) so I could have a look at it? If I can't figure anything out from that either the mods will have to be concidered incompatible.

@Stoffe Um hate to burst your bubble but the handmaiden for female pc's actually has a folder that you included with it to be 1.0b compatible. I can send you a copy of your own archive if you don't believe me.:p

No, there's a folder in the archive that contains a fix made by Tupac Amaru that fixes one (1) game-stopping bug that was cause by the Handmaiden mod and patch 1.0b. (The one that happens when you enter the Telos Academy).

It is possible that there are other incompatibilities since I haven't tested the mod with v1.0b (as I don't have that version installed). I can't make any promises that it's v1.0b compatible since I haven't tested it. :)

Seems like from the above post that this problem does not necessarily come from such an incompatibility though, but I don't know. Never had the problem myself, so I can't tell if it only exists in the HLPlugin version or if it can occur in the original mod as well.

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Fuu
Ok so I put the patch in override and then loaded up a save game in the enclave before I unlock the door and talk to disciple..... ack.
When I walk in it still puts the camera in front of a closed door, plays "admiral, I have found the exile", and then puts the camera just inside that door (? I think) to show two mines........ hrmmmmmm do I need to start a new game for the changes to take affect? I'm confused.

I noticed that if you put a "color crystal" (in my case a pink one) into Darksword the blade changes but never goes off.

hope this helps ya

Do you have handmaiden already? If so that would be why. Now your saying the Pink Lightsaber doesn't turn off? Is this the pink crystal you can create at Darkkenders Workbench? How does the crystal work in another lightsaber hilt?

@ Stoffe thanks for the clarification on that 1.0b compatible folder. However The fixes in the 1.0b patch probably didn't effect anything major in relation to the Handmaiden for female pc mod. However it looks like I might have to come up with tweaks for those who don't want to lose disciple as above.

stoffe
07-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Fuu
When I walk in it still puts the camera in front of a closed door, plays "admiral, I have found the exile"

You are in the enclave sublevel, right? Sounds to me like the wrong dialog file is being used. The "admiral talk" should happen in Khoonda if the Disciple hasn't joined, not in the sublevel.

Both dialog files have the same name however (though they are in different modules), so to make it override friendly I renamed the Khoonda one to 602disc_enc.dlg, and altered the Disciples OnDialogue AI script (k_hen_discipdlg) to fire the renamed file instead of disc_enc.dlg if he is inside Khoonda. The (sublevel) disc_enc.dlg file had to be modified to add a conditional preventing the Disciple from joining if the Handmaiden was already on the team.

My entirely unqualified guess would be that this workaround has disappeared in the merging of the mod with the HLPlugin, since I assume other included mods modify either the Disciple's dialog or his scripts as well.

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
It's strange that there would be a problem with the dialogue now. The reason is I intended this mod to be 100% USM compatible and only Stoffe's Haindmaiden for Female Pc's and the USM had that particular dialogue file to be merged. Now I discovered that Stoffe's was using disc_enc1.dlg(spelling may be wrong here) renamed disc_enc.dlg. So I simply adjusted the version found in the USM by changing the script check that was originally used there to the one that Stoffe's mod used. By the way the Version of the dialogue used in the USM matches the ingame copy of that dialogue.

General Kenobi
07-26-2005, 01:05 PM
@Stoffe Hey there nice catches up there :thumbsup:

As I was reading the "2da description's you were giving" it was literally "reciting" the problems exactly. I think those are Xcom's force power issues. ;) Yours all works perfectly. The dummy icon could simply be a byproduct of his mixed with yours not sure there. But all of those oddities you pointed out were exactly the problems. "no icon, etc." :D

And NO for me (to be honest) once I finished installing Holowan Plugin I immediately installed V2 Force Powers (sorry I'm a sucker for them :D not sure if TSL is even a game without them:confused: )

Tupac Amaru
07-26-2005, 01:40 PM

This may have been resolved with the patch. There had been a mix-up with stoffe's mod and the USM and I had used the wrong dialogue originally which was the one from stoffe's mod.

Both dialogue files, with the patch as well, begin with the Disciple/Carth conversation.

Besides that, I _think_ another problem with the Handmaiden mod and USM is that stoffe set 602disc_end.dlg as the default conversation for Mical in the Jedi enclave. However, the USM script tr_disciple.ncs triggers dis1_enc.dlg when you meet Disciple in the enclave sublevel, thereby always starting the USM dialog which does not contain stoffe's check if the Handmaiden is present and female exiles end up having to recruit the Disciple. As far as I can tell, the HLPlugin does not solve this conflict.

General Kenobi
07-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Just wanted to let ya know DK I think the default standard blue saber is Hefe's. The only reason I know is it is my ALL TIME favorite saber and looks so real its :eek: I might be mistaken and it's just one that looks very close but I didn't remember typing his name in the graphic credits so I thought I'd mention/ask? :D

Downloaded and installed the plugin patch and it works like a charm so far for me!

:thumbsup:

Darkkender
07-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tupac Amaru
Both dialogue files, with the patch as well, begin with the Disciple/Carth conversation.

Besides that, I _think_ another problem with the Handmaiden mod and USM is that stoffe set 602disc_end.dlg as the default conversation for Mical in the Jedi enclave. However, the USM script tr_disciple.ncs triggers dis1_enc.dlg when you meet Disciple in the enclave sublevel, thereby always starting the USM dialog which does not contain stoffe's check if the Handmaiden is present and female exiles end up having to recruit the Disciple. As far as I can tell, the HLPlugin does not solve this conflict.

I'll have to tear into it further to see if I can get this resolved.

@GK Your right those are Hefe's hilts. Your right as well he didn't show up in the credits. There are alot of people that didn't make it to those credits. As I covered previously when I sent you the list that it was incomplete and there may be some who don't make it on there. But if you want to go through the credits archive and create another splash screen to account for those who I forgot more power to you.:p

General Kenobi
07-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Point Taken ;)

Bunk
08-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Just wanted to add a little bug report. I'm currently playing with one of the Purple female Twi'lek heads, and Im having problems with clothing not appearing. A whole variety of custom outfits, including Twi'lek leather, and the bunch of different "uniforms" are not showing on my character, instead I just get an ugly default robe. The other robe outfits, like the Hoth ones, appear fine on this character.

Great work guys, keep it up. *edit - I meant this seriously, you really are doing great work. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't sounding sarcastic here :)

Bunk
08-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Ok, ignore my bug report above - the last patch you put up appears to correct the issue. (Other than some skin on those outfits not matching my purple skin, but eh, you take what you can get)

Thanks guys.

Dyliak
08-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Hello,

First of all, great work! the mods included are really funny, I need anyway a little help... I hope that is little... :smash:

1) I'm using USM with holowan plugin and following the instruction, I installed before the USM and then overwrite the files with the holowan plugin... all work but with some crystal there isn't picture for their relative saber... where I could have make mistake?

2) I noticed with the male PC has, as underwear, the sith uniform, while many sarroco bandit have the jedi robe... there is no a way to fix quickly this problem? If someone tell me where search I'll fix them by myself, I suppose I've to look in some .2da files, but which and which row?

Thank you

Bye bye

Dyliak
08-02-2005, 03:06 AM
Aherm...

Sorry for this silly question but... in this moment I'm not at home and I don't remember well if with this plug-in, the Stoffe-mbk AI script was included and if yes which version. If there isn't, someone can help me telling how to include it please?

Thank you again,

Ciao

Dyliak
08-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Aherm...

Sorry for this silly question but... in this moment I'm not at home and I don't remember well if with this plug-in, the Stoffe-mbk AI script was included and if yes which version. If there isn't, someone can help me telling how to include it please?

Thank you again,

Ciao

General Kenobi
08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
1) I'm using USM with holowan plugin and following the instruction, I installed before the USM and then overwrite the files with the holowan plugin... all work but with some crystal there isn't picture for their relative saber... where I could have make mistake?

I believe you should install Holowan Plugin FIRST, then install Darkkender's patch for it, then install USM. That should fix your problem ;)

:ben:
General Kenobi

Darkkender
08-03-2005, 12:06 AM

I believe you should install Holowan Plugin FIRST, then install Darkkender's patch for it, then install USM. That should fix your problem ;)

General Kenobi

Actually the order is install:
USM 1st
Plugin 2nd
& plugin patch 3rd.

Aherm...

Thank you again,

Ciao

Um are you refering to Beancounters Hardcore mods AI script? As that is the only AI script that is a part of the Holowan Plugin.

2) I noticed with the male PC has, as underwear, the sith uniform, while many sarroco bandit have the jedi robe... there is no a way to fix quickly this problem? If someone tell me where search I'll fix them by myself, I suppose I've to look in some .2da files, but which and which row?

The sith uniformed NPC's were an intential factor for various reasons including the fact that some of the Heads don't sit properly on some underwear models. Now as to the sarroco bandit's I'm not familiar with which ones those are but if they are not a selectable PC, a Sith Soldier, or HK & T3 I didn't change them.

wolfshadow
08-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Darkkender and company:

GREAT MOD~! After 3 months of lack of internet, it's great to come back to see such a quality mod.... Even with high speed, it took a bit to download. Between this massive mod and the USM, I think that I'm in goo dshape for a while.

JacenPrime
08-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Right, I'm having a small problem...
I just installed this mod, and have been enjoying it so far. Now, I am at Telos, and I have approached the first hidden cache (near the shuttle), and the conversation for Bao-Dur's Charged Armor Starts (I installed that a while back), but when the convo finishes, the game glitches, freezes and quits when the game attempts to equip the armor.

Know why?

ChAiNz.2da
08-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Right, I'm having a small problem...
I just installed this mod, and have been enjoying it so far. Now, I am at Telos, and I have approached the first hidden cache (near the shuttle), and the conversation for Bao-Dur's Charged Armor Starts (I installed that a while back), but when the convo finishes, the game glitches, freezes and quits when the game attempts to equip the armor.

Know why?
Most likely if you installed the Holowan Plugin after the Bao-Armor, it's item line in the baseitems.2da may have gotten changed (or deleted entirely). You'll need to un-install the Bao-Dur Armor then re-install so that it places it's line at the "end" of baseitems.2da... that'd be my first guess, however checking the baseitems.2da would be your best bet before deleting anything.

If it checks out ok, make sure the bao_armor.uti is in your override :)

JacenPrime
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, fixed it.... it turns out the base item entry in the uti got set to -1.

(I didn't use the baseitems from the Plug-in though, I just kept my old one, and just reused it...however, I'm not sure if that means I won't be able to use some armors and stuff...)

JacenPrime
08-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Right, I have 2 problems

A. All items of clothing have the blue General Exile's uniform....is there any way to change this so all the clothings will be restored (because some of the holowan items that are clothing, such as Luke's Robes, become the Exile's uniform)

B. In Darkkender's Workbench, I can't create any Stormtrooper or Clonetrooper items, and items only appear in the other section of the Jedi Robe items....why?

General Kenobi
08-06-2005, 09:24 PM
You do have to have certain stats before you can build either clone or storm trooper armor/helmets/guns ;)

Some of my items all have the same look as well. Lukes robe, etc. I think it's in the plugin that way but I'm not sure.

General Kenobi

Bunk
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm also having an issue with Darkender's Workbench. Should the items that we aren't qualified to make yet show up anywhere? Currently, most of the categories listed are entirely blank. Is it just a case of having to keep checking back until we have qualifying stats?

General Kenobi
08-08-2005, 06:14 PM
That's normal for the Plugin. DK designed it that way ;) Trust me they will show up once you reach the required level. I'd HIGHLY recommend testing it for yourself though. Just download ChAiNz.2da's Hak Pad and make yourself level up to 45 or 50 then check to see if you can build them. :D

Hope that helps a bit ;)

General Kenobi

Darkkender
08-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Also for a note there currently aren't that many items available to be built in each workbench category.

Fuu
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
I discovered this in the am today:

When Bao is equipped with the Segan Wyndh Armor he PERMANENTLY turns into a weequay (whaaaa?!?!?!). Removing the armor deoes nothing..... oh yeah and his sabers wont turn off....

Installed: Holowan then HLFP mod ver 2, then overwrote the "echani" atton files with the original "Echani Atton" mod.

Also; when you go to upgrade the Bladesinger outfit its shown as blue....but when I equip it its black <Shows the twilek combat leather.?. which is blue, but should'nt leather be brown?> Anyhoo what color is the bladesinger supposed to be?

I finally listened to the whole .wav... it rocks... nice riffs.....

Darkkender
08-11-2005, 01:47 AM
I discovered this in the am today:

When Bao is equipped with the Segan Wyndh Armor he PERMANENTLY turns into a weequay (whaaaa?!?!?!). Removing the armor deoes nothing..... oh yeah and his sabers wont turn off....

Uh try taking off any gauntlets or armbands. I think you might have colja's weequay gauntlets on. The Segan armor uses armor type G, Bau-Dur just uses his default model with any body model that doesn't have a custom body model. As for his sabers are you refering to the USM sabers that he weilds?

Installed: Holowan then HLFP mod ver 2, then overwrote the "echani" atton files with the original "Echani Atton" mod.

I would avoid overwriting files from in the Holowan Plugin with older versions of the mod. As I recall the Echani Atton mod not only had a new appearance for Atton but a custom robe.

Also; when you go to upgrade the Bladesinger outfit its shown as blue....but when I equip it its black <Shows the twilek combat leather.?. which is blue, but should'nt leather be brown?> Anyhoo what color is the bladesinger supposed to be?

I finally listened to the whole .wav... it rocks... nice riffs.....

The bladesinger outfit? That's not one in the plugin so I couldn't troubleshoot that very well.

RedHawke
08-11-2005, 02:21 AM
The bladesinger outfit? That's not one in the plugin so I couldn't troubleshoot that very well.
:eyeraise: It is part of the plugin DK as you included my Exile's Generals Uniform Mod... and that is where that Bladesinger uniform comes from. :D

General Kenobi
08-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Yep, Echani Atton DID come with his own robe and you SHOULD NOT put it into the game in override. Your almost guaranteed to have a conflict issue. Maybe one that doesn't replace something that will crash the game BUT is almost guaranteed to have a conflicting number and such. ;)

@DK Yeah the saber he's talking about is one of my favs from USM. It was made by ChAiNz.2da I believe. One of the longsabers in the game. :D

General Kenobi

ChAiNz.2da
08-11-2005, 05:03 PM
@DK Yeah the saber he's talking about is one of my favs from USM. It was made by ChAiNz.2da I believe. One of the longsabers in the game. :D
Bao-Dur's saber? ... nope, that was T7's ;)

The only longsaber I made was the Segan Wyndh Sabers... :D Black and grey with a "bent" hilt, has a 'lit' hilt showing the color of the blade?

General Kenobi
08-11-2005, 05:13 PM
The only longsaber I made was the Segan Wyndh Sabers... Black and grey with a "bent" hilt, has a 'lit' hilt showing the color of the blade?

Oopsie Yeah yours was the one I was meaning ChAiNz ;) I use Segan's for both Mandalore and Bao-Dur (well at least my Bao-Dur but hes TOTALLY different than the in game one though)

General Kenobi

Bunk
08-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Couple issues I should bring up now that Ive been playing it a bit. There seems to be no way to adjust the Hardcore mod as suggested in the HC mod's readme. As it is currently, its pretty much impossible to get by Mira's solo run on Nar Shadda without cheating. Im gonna have to d/l the original HC mod to get one of the less drastic .ncs's. Which difficulty did you put in by default?

Ok, thats actually only one issue.

Darkkender
08-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Couple issues I should bring up now that Ive been playing it a bit. There seems to be no way to adjust the Hardcore mod as suggested in the HC mod's readme. As it is currently, its pretty much impossible to get by Mira's solo run on Nar Shadda without cheating. Im gonna have to d/l the original HC mod to get one of the less drastic .ncs's. Which difficulty did you put in by default?

Ok, thats actually only one issue.

:D:D Insane HC mod :D:D Of course if you have the readme for the HC mod It gives suggestions of how to change some settings.

As for any solo runs or different equipment needs. I usually create spare suits of jedi armors and segan wyndth inlay & overlays. I can never remember if it is the segan inlay & the nanoweave overlay or visa verca that I use in the armor but I keep spares handy in inventory. Then I throw it on Mira or whoever needs it. Same with all sorts of good equipment that is beefed up to have handy for just these types of missions. Believe me if you do this your usually set at all times.

Bunk
08-12-2005, 02:37 AM
My problem was I did Nar Shada first, so I didnt have that much equipment yet, and got the Exchange's attention early, so Mira was only 12th level. With her wearing the segan armor and using the best weapons I could buff up, I still couldn't even come remotely close to killing Hanhar. I had her armor up around 29, but Hanhar's attack bonus was at least 25, and he had around 32 armor. So essentially, he'd cut down a Mando melee shield in swing one, and kill her in the next two. Setting off every mine in the place, using all her rockets, and setting any extra mines I could - knocked almost a third of Hanhar's hps off :) If I tried standing toe to toe with him, it literally took him two swings to kill me, as he was averaging 60 dam per attack.

I finally gave up and just used god mode.

Its too bad, because I found the fights when I had my whole party challenging but fun. As soon as I have to use any non jedi though - they get nuked.

I was able to drop the HC mod down to moderate, which seems to be working for me. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of those options were included in the Holowan pack though. I had to download the HC mod seperately and pull them out.

I'm really not complaining, just pointing out that in some circumstance, the Insane HC will make the game unbeatable.

Bunk
08-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Hi folks. I have another issue for you :)

Ive been playing through a light side character using the Holowan mod, and the patch.
I'm having issues though - the game is now crashing on me.

Any time I try to fly to Telos or Dantooine, or if I try entering the end cave on Korriban - the whole game crashes to desktop about 3/4 through loading the area. Crash happens every time.

I tried renaming my override folder, and creating a new override with just the Holowan mod and patch, and the save game still crashes.

So Iv'e thrown the save game up on a site, wondering if anyone would like to download it and see if it works for them. The save is just outside the cave on Korriban that causes the crash.

Anyone who can make some suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

http://www.bunkphotos.com/files/000049Game48.rar

edit: spaces in filenames are bad :P

Zyrusticae
08-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Eh-heh... the insane HC mod was the first thing I noticed - and changed - as I like to restart the game with my old character's endgame XP and equipment (using the KSE, of course... 'shame they didn't include an import/export function). The mod makes the game unnaturally hard especially when the main character is higher level than any of the other characters. Not that I'm complaining, I always found a way to get through. Didn't like having 10-minute long battles, though.

Darkkender
08-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Thank you bunk. Others have reported problems in different manners for this location. However you are the first who has provided a save so that I can try to fix the problem. Everyone else has blown me off when I've asked them to get me a copy of there save.

General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Well DK I'm not sure but it might not be the plugin??? At least for me I've played through both areas several times with HP installed with no crashes. Maybe its an item conflict or something??? Not sure but just don't want you to think it's in ALL playthroughs with the HP installed. Mine are running ok. Just a thought :D

General Kenobi

Darkkender
08-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Well DK I'm not sure but it might not be the plugin??? At least for me I've played through both areas several times with HP installed with no crashes. Maybe its an item conflict or something??? Not sure but just don't want you to think it's in ALL playthroughs with the HP installed. Mine are running ok. Just a thought :D

General Kenobi

I don't know GK. It seems to be a repeated glitch at the same spot. I suspect it is a appearance entry of some sort that is entered wrong that that area is calling. So by getting a save it allows me to look through it with KSE and compare it to other data sources. It also allows me to try to get the error to repeat for me. Because then I can try a game from the start as the same appearance and see if it crashes on me.

General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Good luck then ;) I'll pay particular attention and make sure I "mix" my party/stuff up a bit to see if I can get it to crash as well. There are some appearances/items I've not tried either though so mayble that's it. :D You know there are TONS of stuff I don't remember seeing on the forums that are in the plugin so once more to reinerate a point, "Way to go on doing this one" ;) Just fun, fun, fun :D

General Kenobi

Bunk
08-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Just to add a little more detail to the crash situation. Whatever it is thats causing it in my case, it doesn't seem to be just limited to that cave. If you take that save, turn around and head back to the Hawk, and then try travelling to either Dantoine or Telos, you get the same crash. Its not travelling per se thats doing it though.

Before I came to Korriban on this save, I tried going back to Telos from Nar Shadda, and got this crash. It did let me travel to Korriban without crashing though. So, off the top of my head - there is something in the Cave, on Dantoine, and on Telos - that is not on Korriban - that is causing the crash.

Let me know what you find, I really would like to finish that game :)

Darkkender
08-14-2005, 06:37 PM
can you take a look at your error log file for me bunk and post it's contents in the thread here. The reason is I've loaded the save and it's working fine with USM & Holowan plugin installed. Also if you can give me a detailed list of all the mods you have installed in your overide that may help me further. At this point I really am beginning to think this is being caused by some sort of conflict. Especially if you have the HLFP mod installed which I don't.

General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 07:28 PM
I have those DK (Stoffe's High Level Force Powers I mean) installed, tons of my own, USM, HP, Ton's of Hattori Hanzo Swords installed, T3 Codename Vorlon, and a few others. Like I said no crashes for me. Ooh as well as Hack Pad, RedHawke Correction, Stoffe's Combat Arena, Defender's Wrist Console as well.

General Kenobi

proe-dude
08-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Just to add a little more detail to the crash situation. Whatever it is thats causing it in my case, it doesn't seem to be just limited to that cave. If you take that save, turn around and head back to the Hawk, and then try travelling to either Dantoine or Telos, you get the same crash. Its not travelling per se thats doing it though.

Before I came to Korriban on this save, I tried going back to Telos from Nar Shadda, and got this crash. It did let me travel to Korriban without crashing though. So, off the top of my head - there is something in the Cave, on Dantoine, and on Telos - that is not on Korriban - that is causing the crash.

Let me know what you find, I really would like to finish that game :)
Bunk - I get the same problem when attempting to enter the special cave on Korriban. I can get into the Shyrack cave, but when the game attempts to load the stuff for the "memory cave", it loads to 3/4 thru, then crashes.

I get a file in my load point, aptly named AE_ERROR.LOG, with this content:
"Names Differ: PLC_wrkTable2 plc_scrysred"

Note that the content of the error messsage is not always the same. I contacted DK last week with the same problem, but before I'd send a save file, I wanted to try and play thru again. Same issue. I'm running the USM and this one. Nothing else. I even reinstalled the game for good measure. Yet I haven't tried heading back to Telos or Dantooine. You may have saved me there, thanks.

To satisfy DK's curiosity, I'll be sending a link to my own saved game in a PM to him. Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm getting the exact same error.

General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 11:21 PM
scrysred

Maybe that means problem with a "saber chrystal red" of some type.

General Kenobi

proe-dude
08-14-2005, 11:33 PM
GK - perhaps, but it isn't always the same content in the error log. Last week when I contacted DK, it was "Names do not match: PMHC06 pmhc10", which was a bit more upsetting.

When I saw this error today, I looked for items that looked like potential issues. For example, earlier this afternoon, it was "Named to not match: I_NULL i_mask_069"

I couldn't find exactly what i_mask_069 was by using the KSE, but I did find the file(s) [3 of them] that had that in the name. To be safe, I deleted all headgear from my save game and returned to the spot of the error with absolutely nothing equiped and no party members. Same problem.

Just to set the record straight on comp system, I'm a 9800 Radeon 128MB, 1GM RAM. With all the proper drivers installed (I believe). The fact some people seem to have NO problem running this does concern me.

Many thanks - proe-dude

maaneeack
08-14-2005, 11:42 PM
I crash trying to enter the cave as well, but I don't even get the loading screen. My AR_ERROR.log has:
Names Differ: PFHA04 pfha07
but it had something about the handmaiden and pfbam before i redid my Override folder today. I edited the cheatband to give my PC some extra feats and an unlimited shield, I have the unpatched holowan plugin, the redhead (i think i reinstalled that head), mdk_asian_female_04, workbench fix (redhawke's ?), jedi sith helmets, sith ritual robe. And I had redhawke's armour but everytime i tried to use one of the armours it would crash the game.

Anyhow: from my first attempt at the secret tomb on the save with my female pc, and all subsequent attempts, i crash right after the screen goes black when you walk into it, I can't even warp into it without the game crashing. I also had crash problems with my first game (male pc) entering the secret tomb, but I finally got in and through the place. I could try warping into there on one of his saves if it might help someone? But I've changed my mods/override folder twice since I finished the game with him...

I'm also getting random lockups with a new female pc (the asian woman with the tattoos on the face) just after I open the security locker in the security room on Peragus (the one with the security officer's desk). But the secret tomb is aggrivating me most atm.

Darkkender
08-15-2005, 02:29 AM
I'm noticing a trend here with all of the above error reports. They are conflicts being derived from model files it seems. Some of the above error/conflicts seem to be derived from Heads while others are from items. The only one that is not a plugin model would be "Names Differ: PLC_wrkTable2 plc_scrysred" which is likely from a placeable in the USM. That however is just speculation on my part. The errors seem to be from the game reading the file name however inside the file the internal names seem to differ. "Named to not match: I_NULL i_mask_069" Without a doubt this is got to be a mask crafted by Redhawke that was included in the plugin. What's ironic is this is actually caused by internal instabilities of TSL. However now that I suspect I know the solution I can try to do a work around fix for it.

On a off-hand note for those having problems with game crashes. Could you post what your SWKotor2 configuration settings are? I just want to see if there are any similarities there and to see if I can't replicate the problem with the same settings except the whole Radeon 9800 thing.

Bunk
08-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Ok, this is the latest error log I have:

Names Differ: .....PFHH10 dmpfhh10

Currently I have my original override folder renamed, and I created a new override with just the Holowan mod and the patch installed. I'll try some things and get back to you.

I didn't reinstall the USM mod in to there though, so I might try that as well.

Bunk
08-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Just checked my save game - dmpfhh10 is the portrait Im using.

So I just ran a test. Used KSE to change my portrait to something else. Went in and got the same crash entering the cave, same error log.

Bunk
08-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Just used KSE to change my appearance and portait to something else. Now I get a different error log: Names Differ: w_Lghtsbr_003 w_lghtsbr_062

Here are my current config settings: Using a Gforce 6600GT. Might be long:

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=30
Number 2D Voices=34
2D3D Bias=1.50
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=1

[Graphics Options]
Grass=1
Shadows=1
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
RefreshRate=72
Width=1280
Height=960
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=4
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=1
Brightness=62
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=4

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=2047
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
TextureVariation=85
BodyVariation=9
AppearanceType=984
PCGender=1
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=2
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=1
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0
EnableCheats=1

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=55
Action284A=67
Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=54
Action281A=51
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action268=52
Action265=58
Action264=57
Action263=0
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=43
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=60
Action213=62
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=53
Action204=76

[Autopause Options]
End Of Combat Round=0
Mine Sighted=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie10=0
Movie 9=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 7=28
Movie 6=127
Movie 5=222
Movie 4=252
Movie 3=255
Movie 2=255
Movie 1=255
Movie 0=252

ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2005, 09:23 AM
the "plc_scrysred" is a custom placeable in the USM for Korriban's caves. If you've used KMM (KotOR Mod Manager) to install the USM, it won't place this file in your override as it's not a recognized file format (since it's rarely ever used)... make sure that file is in your override directory ;)

But why it's conflicting with a worktable (PLC_wrkTable2) I have no clue?

Do you perchance have a modded worktable made to construct USM sabers?

General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Well I'll answer that one for you ChAiNz :rolleyes: as BAD as I hate to admit it I might as well "fess" up. ;) Yes in the update to the HP there is a certain 2da that allows building ALL USM sabers for the most part. I wish I hadn't given it up for use to DK like heck since now my 2da file that I used for my own purposes is possibly causing the problems.

I use it (the 2da) in both the Ebon Hawke mod itself that's in HP as well as Defender's Wrist Console it builds the USM sabers, plus about 20 more, plus, helmets, Hanzo swords, armor, robes, etc... all custom ones.

Do you think the error could be caused from the 2da having entries for MODS that aren't in everyones games? The 2da I let DK use did have many entries for my own custom items MANY that have never been released.

I don't think that would be it though cause like I said the 2da came from me so it works fine on this end UNLESS it's indeed from an entry for an item that isn't in the Holowan Plug.

I knew that thing would come back to bite me in the bum :D

@Bunk - Try opening up your override folder (while game is closed) and MOVING the mavsitems.2da to your desktop then restart the game and see if your save game crashes now. If that's the issue (with the 2da file I mean) I bet that will cure it.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

General kenobi

maaneeack
08-15-2005, 11:55 AM
swkotor2.ini: (ati radeon 9600 xt, see below for more info.)

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=79
Voiceover Volume=79
Sound Effects Volume=79
Movie Volume=79
Number 3D Voices=15
Number 2D Voices=48
2D3D Bias=1.50
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
Grass=1
Shadows=1
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
AllowSoftShadows=1
RefreshRate=85
Width=1280
Height=960
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=0
Soft Shadows=0
Brightness=56
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=2

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=2047
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
TextureVariation=1
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=743
PCGender=1
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=1
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=0
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0
EnableCheats=1

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=54
Action284A=51

Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=53
Action281A=76
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action268=52
Action265=58
Action264=57
Action263=43
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=42
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=60
Action213=62
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=55
Action204=67

[Autopause Options]
End Of Combat Round=0
Mine Sighted=1
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=0

[Movies Shown]
Movie10=0
Movie 9=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 7=27
Movie 6=191
Movie 5=222
Movie 4=248
Movie 3=255
Movie 2=255
Movie 1=254
Movie 0=252

I'm just about to try the patch for HP (which I downloaded on dialup heh). Whats this hanzo sword stuff I keep seeing, sounds interesting. Nope, still crashes trying to enter the secret tomb. My AR_ERROR.log now has Names Differ: I_Null i_mask_069 though.

ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2005, 12:02 PM
That looks like items from RedHawke's Exile Item pack ;)

it's the "invisible" model and the inventory icon .tga name....

Are these items included on your workbench .2da file general Kenobi? This is beginning to look as if non-existent mods are being called to...

General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Nope the mavsitems.2da that was mine consists of: (and I'll post its contents tonight when I get home) USM Lightsabers, Short Lightsabers, Double Lightsabers, Party Custom Sabers, all of the color variations for them, my exile item pack, my knockdown gun, my robes mods (about 5 but they do not conflict in ref number or the like), several swords.

I do use the same custom .2da file on one of my other pc's (a laptop from alienware) but have seen no problems with crashing like what's going on here though. And on that one it just has USM, HP, HLFP from Stoffe, Defender's armband, RedHawke's armband, Stoffe's combat arena armband. I'm missing all of my mods referenced in the custom .2da file due to me just not installing them and I've played through a few times on it in those areas with no probs. :confused:

The only place the 2da should come into play though is if you have Holowan Plugin installed or if you have Maverick 187's Console and Workbench MOD installed. Holowan Plugin contains Mav's console MOD.

I do use that .2da on the fly though anywhere via access through Defender's custom armband mod. No probs with crashing and such.

General Kenobi

maaneeack
08-15-2005, 04:49 PM
How's this for odd: I was playing a new character in the peragus fuel depot, and when she got to the ventillation shaft (where atton breaks in for a conversation via comlinks) the game would lock up. Did it 3 times in a row. Then I changed the swkotor2.ini to allow windowed mode and switching between window/fullscreen via alt-tab, I load my save right before the conversation and head through it, no problem. I did just try to load a save with my other pc that was crashing trying to enter the secret tomb, she still crashes. I thought it was weird that switching to windowed let the ingame cutscene run in the fuel depot though.

General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
This is my custom 2da file I was talking about earlier:
General Kenobi
This is the XML version (http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/mavsitems.xml)

The reason I didn't post an actual 2da file is I don't wish to further undermine USM scripting efforts ;)

proe-dude
08-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Nope the mavsitems.2da that was mine consists of: (and I'll post its contents tonight when I get home) USM Lightsabers, Short Lightsabers, Double Lightsabers, Party Custom Sabers, all of the color variations for them, my exile item pack, my knockdown gun, my robes mods (about 5 but they do not conflict in ref number or the like), several swords.

The only place the 2da should come into play though is if you have Holowan Plugin installed or if you have Maverick 187's Console and Workbench MOD installed. Holowan Plugin contains Mav's console MOD.
General Kenobi

GK - I did as you instructed and moved the mavsitems.2da to the desktop to see if removing it would make a difference. As before, the game started well, but upon entering the secret cave it locked up during loading. The error from the AR_ERROR.LOG file was again: Names Differ: PLC_wrkTable2 plc_scrysred

I've already given DarkKender a link to two savegaves that have this problem - hopefully he'll find something about them that is consistent. I'll also provide him a link to my config files, JIC.

Many thanks to all who have taken an interest with this oddity. I have every confidence that the problem will be rectified.

proe-dude

Bunk
08-15-2005, 07:47 PM
sames results here, no improvement from removing mav's .2da
Still getting Names Differ: w_Lghtsbr_003 w_lghtsbr_062

General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 07:57 PM
kewl just wanted to make sure that my edited file I originally got from Mav's didn't cause the issue. Sounds like it might not be it :D Like I said I know I didn't have any issues.

The only other thing I can think of is if you "tweaked" a uti or utc or the like and gave it a crashable option that way. (like pointing a utc appearance to Juhani or the like will crash the game when it loads sorta thing).

Other than that DK is your best bet at solving your problem. He's full of smarts :D so if anyone will be able to figure it out for you he will.

Ooh I do remember a sure fire game crasher (for me anywho) equip (just say) a gun (modded I mean) and save the game. Delete the files for the gun from your override and then my game will crash out on me everytime. Did you have an item possibly and then deleted it while it was equipped or the like???

Good Luck :thumbsup:

General Kenobi

proe-dude
08-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Ooh I do remember a sure fire game crasher (for me anywho) equip (just say) a gun (modded I mean) and save the game. Delete the files for the gun from your override and then my game will crash out on me everytime. Did you have an item possibly and then deleted it while it was equipped or the like???

Good Luck :thumbsup:

General Kenobi

GK - Order of operations:
(1) Installed the game
(2) Loaded USM
(3) Loaded Holowan plugin
(4) Loaded Holowan patch
(5) Played the game [with some love with the KSE]
(6) Crash at secret cave

I never deleted any files; didn't even delete some savegames, just in case.

But it certainly makes sense that if the game is looking for something and can't find it, it coughs up a loogey.

proe-dude

Darkkender
08-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Alright guys these errors are confirming it for me. They are being caused by a standard way of modding that we all use. When we create new models we simply rename the mdl & mdx files without changing the internal entries. For some reason the game is trying to read the inside of the mdl instead of it's resref that is what is causing our problem.

@Chainz.2da the plc_scrysred reference is to the mdl file. Also utp files are recognized by KMM.

For everybody that is experiencing these problems could all of you adjust the following settings to look like this. I know in the past K1 & K2 both had more crashes with anti aliasing on. Of course this is just a shot in the dark to see if the error is still occuring .

[Graphics Options]
Grass=1
Shadows=1
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
RefreshRate=72
Width=1280
Height=960
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=0
Brightness=62
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0

Also for those having problems can you also go ahead and give this a try. PossibleEarlyFix.rar (http://www.freewebs.com/Darkkender/PossibleEarlyFix.rar) This fixes 3 of the models including the plc_scrysred.mdl file. If adjusting the graphics doesn't work give these a try.

ChAiNz.2da
08-16-2005, 02:31 AM
@Chainz.2da the plc_scrysred reference is to the mdl file. Also utp files are recognized by KMM.
Yeah, .utp files are... but .pwk's aren't ;)

"plc_scrysred.pwk", make sure that file is in your override directory if using KMM to install the USM...

Bunk
08-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Well, I tried the graphics setting suggestion - no change. Then I tried those modified files - crash to desktop before the save game even loaded this time, and it didn't write to the error log.

Isn't trouble shooting fun :P

Bunk
08-16-2005, 03:01 AM
Removed the modded files - save game loads again. Same crash in cave.

Since I keep getting Names Differ: w_Lghtsbr_003 w_lghtsbr_062 in my error log, I decided to open the save game and delete anything saber related from my inventory. No difference - same crash.

RedHawke
08-16-2005, 07:10 AM
Everyone,

I wouldn't put too much stock in the AR_ERROR.log file, it seems to be only a debugging file of some sort for the games models. Meaning: What is listed in that file is unlikely to be the cause of your games crashes as it is generated through normal play, even if you don't have a crash.

maaneeack
08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
That possibleearlyfix.rar was 404 when I tried it just now and turning off AA didn't do anything either. My AR_ERROR.log still has the Names Differ: I_Null i_mask_069.

@RedHawke - you're probably right that it's not a crash-generated event, but it does show that the game is looking for something we don't have which could cause a crash. Too bad we don't have a debugging option in swkotor2.ini or a cheat for it, could help. (I miss Babylon 5)

@Darkkender - did you get my pm with the savegame link?

maaneeack
08-16-2005, 07:09 PM
I was playing on my new female pc (not the one i'm having problems with entering the secret tomb) and got to the hidden academy on telos. When I was talking with Atris, the game crashed when she whipped out my lightsaber, so I said ok I won't talk about the council. I got past it and was going through the ebon hawk scene when it crashed trying to load the holorecord of my exile. It did that several times.

I finally realized that the connection was my lightsaber. Not the ones I have now, but the one I described to Atton after Peragus. So I load up the GLOBALVARS.res file in kotor tool and, not knowing wtheck i'm looking for, find 003EBO_Atton_Talk with a Numeric Global of 6. I decided to make it a 5. I save, load that game and make atris whip out my lightsaber again, game doesn't flinch. I get through that and yell at the council some in the holorecord, game continues fine. Aside from the oddity of having to redo the flight from peragus the game went on the way it was supposed to.

Could this help with fixing the secret tomb?

Darkkender
08-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Not likely as I didn't make any changes to the globalcat.2da file simply merged 2 from different mods. Well I'm coming to a blank as to the problem because The plugin other than the extra heads is simply put packed with a variety of mods others haven't had glitches with in the past. I suppose the next option for error checking if others could go ahead and post the appearance number of there pc that is showing up in KSE. I'll try running through the game with these appearances myself. However so far every save that I've downloaded that is failing for others loads fine without crash for me.:confused: So I'm really at a loss because I can't get the game to repeat the crash with everybody elses save. This tells me 1 of 2 things either

1. People have another mod loaded that they are not mentioning or are using one such as the HLFP mod that may be creating the problem or are not installing in the proper order. Which for note is USM, Holowan Plugin, Plugin Patch, Then any other mod that uses stoffe -mkb-'s installer.

2. There is some sort of system setting that is having issues with the extra content being present when you enter that module that it's crashing.

I've scoured through the Plugin and that module and everything else and as mentioned before there is nothing in the plugin that touches that module specifically. This is becoming infuriating.

Fuu
08-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Here's something that I've found; I think itís related to the whole "Disciple talking to a door" issue. I have: 3 dead Jedi and a force power I already had (loved that btw). I see: two Handmaidens and Kreia saying her male pc lines.
I find: Atton, saying that "handmaidens took her" and "they know who she is now". I also get: the visas romance scene... instead of disciple. Haha I played it through anyway though it was funny but weird. Also, I noticed that if you have him+Kreia w/you when you "unite" the separated couple (plus appropriate responses) it says "inf. gained handmaiden"

I have some funky mod installation going on so I created a new Override and reloaded a save game with it. sadly I had to play for awhile first and then it did it again, so I donít think this is due to other mods I have installed.

@DK Ohhhh duh QUAY gloves sorry for the UbErNoOB question, and thanks for being patient.

Doc Valentine
08-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Here's something that I've found; I think itís related to the whole "Disciple talking to a door" issue. I have: 3 dead Jedi and a force power I already had (loved that btw). I see: two Handmaidens and Kreia saying her male pc lines.
I find: Atton, saying that "handmaidens took her" and "they know who she is now". I also get: the visas romance scene... instead of disciple. Haha I played it through anyway though it was funny but weird. Also, I noticed that if you have him+Kreia w/you when you "unite" the separated couple (plus appropriate responses) it says "inf. gained handmaiden"

I have some funky mod installation going on so I created a new Override and reloaded a save game with it. sadly I had to play for awhile first and then it did it again, so I donít think this is due to other mods I have installed.

@DK Ohhhh duh QUAY gloves sorry for the UbErNoOB question, and thanks for being patient.

Interesting...

This mod is pretty awsome Darkkender, good work!.

-Gsccc

Darkkender
08-17-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm a little lost there Fuu. However if I'm understanding the gist of it you would be describing a situation that would be caused by the Handmaiden for female PC's included mod by stoffe -mkb- that is a part of the plugin. I might have to work with Stoffe on this to see if we can come up with a mutual solution that doesn't outright destroy her mod from it's original state. I say work with so whatever solution is developed may have the option to be released on it's own for that mod.

Fuu
08-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks DK I'll keep an eye out, and work on my clairity.

Maxstate
08-17-2005, 07:18 AM
Dont know if this has been mentioned but i really like the music.
Thats RATM - Imperial march right?

maaneeack
08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't have the UMS mod installed, should I try installing it? I'm also using defender's wrist console, and I mentioned that I edited the Cheat Band mod and am using it.

@DK - Appearance: P_FEM_A_SML_04 and portrait: po_pfha04. Oh, my edit of the GLOBALVARS.res file produced some unfortunate results, heh. I'm stuck on the Ebon Hawk, T3M4 has been memory wiped, and the astrogration chart is locked (hence being stuck on the Ebon Hawk)...For my apperance btw, I edited appearance.2da to add CM_Baremetal to the P_FEM_A_SML_04 envmaps (for all three of the _04 lines) since I'm using MdK_Asian_female_04_v1-1

Darkkender
08-18-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't have the UMS mod installed, should I try installing it? I'm also using defender's wrist console, and I mentioned that I edited the Cheat Band mod and am using it.

@DK - Appearance: P_FEM_A_SML_04 and portrait: po_pfha04. Oh, my edit of the GLOBALVARS.res file produced some unfortunate results, heh. I'm stuck on the Ebon Hawk, T3M4 has been memory wiped, and the astrogration chart is locked (hence being stuck on the Ebon Hawk)...For my apperance btw, I edited appearance.2da to add CM_Baremetal to the P_FEM_A_SML_04 envmaps (for all three of the _04 lines) since I'm using MdK_Asian_female_04_v1-1

You know your only making it harder for me to narrow down the problem and try to solve it.;)

maaneeack
08-18-2005, 10:23 AM
You know your only making it harder for me to narrow down the problem and try to solve it.;)

*begs for mercy*
That savegame I sent you DK I wasn't using the wrist console with that character (hadn't installed it yet, only did it with my last two characters). The cheat band is just one file that none of the other mods are using. I did install USM yesterday, started a new character and so far only one crash, but I'm just about to land in telos with her. I still can't get into the secret tomb with that one save though.

General Kenobi
08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Dont know if this has been mentioned but i really like the music.
Thats RATM - Imperial march right?

It is from one of Star Wars FREE download music stuff sites. ;) That way it was all legal and such :D

General Kenobi

maaneeack
08-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Ah, crap. My latest character crashes when trying to enter the secret tomb as well. She gets about 3/4 or so loaded and then it crashes. It sucks that I keep getting stuck with this once place, I can't finish the game w/o it can I?

proe-dude
08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
That's the exact same behavior I'm experiencing, M. In my past tries, I have had the USM & the Holowan Plugin both installed. This last time, I tried again (3rd try) with JUST the Holowan... 75% loaded then it stops and I get an error.

DK - you mentioned that you have not been experiencing this problem with the savegames from the rest of us? Does that lead us to believe it is hardware-related? I'm on a ATI Radeon 9800... Are the others having the problem also on this card? DK - what card do you have?

Not trying to debug for you... just fishing for ideas.

proe-dude

maaneeack
08-19-2005, 09:06 PM
I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT. What version of the catalyst drivers are you running proe-dude? I haven't updated mine in a while (4.11)

Darkkender
08-20-2005, 02:23 AM
I'm running with a Nividia e-Ge-Force FX 5500. I was thinking it was hardware related for the most part. Mostly because K2 has had numerous reported issues with ATI graphics cards. It could be something as obscure as your graphics cards settings as well such as using Open GL vs DirectX. This seems to occasionally be an issue in 3D games. However the ATI graphics cards are not likely to be the problem unless the Ge-Force 6600GT that Bunk is using has had similiar driver glitches with K2 I'm not sure.

However if this was hardware related it shouldn't be hanging up at just this one spot. That's what makes this so infuriating.

If anybody checking this thread is Running the Plugin with USM on a ATI Radeon and have not had any problems I would like to know. Maybe I could send a collected archive of all these faulty saves to that person to test and see if it fails for them as well.

Bunk
08-20-2005, 02:25 AM
Gforce 6600GT here, that I just went to recently. Was also having problems on my GF5600.

proe-dude
08-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT. What version of the catalyst drivers are you running proe-dude? I haven't updated mine in a while (4.11)
I'm on 4.11 as well, M. And I agree w/Darkkender - the fact that this occurs for both of us at the exact same location with the exact same behavior (loads 3/4 thru) is puzzling.

DK - With that savegame that I sent you; if you are able to enter the secret cave, would you be willing to save it AFTER the game loads and hand it back? Maybe I just need to get past that one location????? (groping for hope)

proe-dude

For fun (and because my wife doesn't need anything right now) I upgraded to the catalyst v5.8 - that's driver version 6.14 from ATI. No change in behavior, unfortunately. FWIW.

maaneeack
08-20-2005, 12:27 PM
proe-dude: Any performance changes? Better, worse, no change?

I loaded up my save game from my first playthrough (in trayus academy, before the fight with sion i think), and tried to warp 711kor, it loaded 3/4 and crashed. I had problems with that character getting into the tomb in the first place (had multiple crashes with that one) but it finally loaded, that was before I tried the holowan plugin...

proe-dude
08-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Performance seemed a little flaky, but that was thru an entire 30 secs of testing. I'll keep it on this version and play for a bit later on - give you a report later, M.

proe-dude

Soogz
08-21-2005, 05:01 PM
yes, thanks guys and girls.

Majek
08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
edit: nevermind.

great stuff this is.

maaneeack
08-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Any progress on our crashes DK? I tried warp 711kor and warp 711kor_s yesterday, warping to 711kor crashed at 3/4 loaded, but 711kor_s started to autosave and then just hung up, no crash or anything.

Yesh
08-23-2005, 05:49 PM
I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. I'm looking for the model that this head is from http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/671/popmhs186sz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I've been searching through kotor tool and the save game editor and can't turn up a the model. Any help is gladly appreciated.

Darkkender
08-24-2005, 12:37 AM
@Yesh - If it is one of mine it will probably start with PMHS. However I believe that one is one of the ones done by General Kenobi formerly Darth Melignous. As such the model and texture names will probably start as DMPMHH. I would just sift through the portrait tga's in your overide to narrow it down.

@maaneeack - I really am at a Loss as to the problem I was hoping I might get some volunteers to try out the save games that have been sent to me. Beyond that there isn't any logic to the glitch that can be singled out. On a Side note it seems the error log reports those entry mismatches all of the time.

Yesh
08-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Actually I know where it is the override, but i want to use it elsewhere. The problem is using it from the override messes up the game. So I'm looking for where it came from in the original game.

General Kenobi
08-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Ooh the head shot you have up there is one of my favs for male exiles :D but not mine :D To be honest I've never seen that particular head in the threads being talked about till I got the plugin. I'm thinking it might be Colja's I believe. He/she does good work and it looks like something Colja would do. Just a guess though ;)

General Kenobi

Yesh
08-24-2005, 03:35 PM
I searched around. I don't think its Colja's.

maaneeack
08-25-2005, 03:05 PM
@DK - More info for ya...

I got an NEC ND3250A dvd burner and a 250gb maxtor drive and installed them yesterday. Today, I uninstalled KotOR2 (completely and utterly, didn't even save my saves), installed it on a different partition, told the swconfig.exe to disable movies and set the res, started up and created a female exile. Went through the prologue until time to hit the chart and hit skip (to keep the items on t3m4). Once my pc was standing I was in control, I saved. Then I hit warp 711kor and got to see malak recruiting jedi in the secret tomb. I answered the questions, got beat up (level 1, heh) and wandered around for a few mins. Then I exited the game, changed the res, loaded my save game from peragus and warped again. Ran my level 1 pc through the entire secret tomb and back out to the ebon hawk, then I exited and quit TSL.

Then I installed the holowan plugin (Override folder and dialog.tlk). I started TSL and well, it started in a window instead of fullscreen...I had 1280x960x75hz FULLSCREEN set before I installed the plugin, but when it was installed I had that res in a window instead. So I loaded my save game and did the same thing, warp 711kor. Crashed at the same place (3/4 loaded). I replaced the dialog.tlk file with the original and tried again, crashed with 3/4 loaded. I made a new guardian (one of the twin suns I think, female) and completely skipped the prolouge, got to my feet and warp 711kor...crash 3/4 loaded.

I'll test some more, but that fullscreen -> window thing was odd IMHO.

:EDIT:
I deleted the Override folder (to recycle bin) and forgot that I had, and copied the holowan patch to the override folder and tried my save again, the secret tomb loaded. I exited and restored the override from the bin, recopied the patch and tried again, crashed 3/4 through again. If you want this save to test DK let me know, its just a standard head 12m into the game (right when you stand up after getting out of the kolto tank).

One thing I've noticed, after installing this plugin and picking out a head, the body models for some of the heads are messed up. Skin for parts of clothing instead of the clothing (and there really shouldn't be skin showing), this happens for male or female, all classes.

Darth333
08-25-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't have the HL plug-in (download is way to huge) but what I can think of is a problem with either appearance2.da, a script that affects the area, a .utc file or a model for a npc that is used in this area.

maaneeack
08-25-2005, 05:16 PM
@Darth333 - nothing is too big for the mighty dialup! get a good download manager (free download manager is what I use) and start the download before you sleep, when you wake up you'll have a nice present waiting for you. I'm on dialup, I download theopencd (theopencd.org) and my freebsd mini iso's.

Darth333
08-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm on DSL. But even there, when I come back from the office, I simply don't have the patience for this, especially since I don't really have time to play TSL right now :p

My first guess is that it's a problem with appearance.2da or a model. To eliminate the other possibilities, look at the files included 711KOR.rim and 711KOR_s.rim with Kotor tool and if you find files with the same name in your override folder, remove them. Load a fresh game where you enter the 711kor area for the first time (oterhwise some information amy still be present in your savegame). If it crashes, then you would have to look at the models and appearance.2da (a model that is used in 711KOR).

maaneeack
08-25-2005, 06:12 PM
The only files that were in both override and the kotor tool

RIMs->Modules->711KOR_s.rim->Blueprint, Character:
p_kreia_evil001.utc and revan_fake.utc
RIMs->Modules->711KOR_s.rim->Script, Compiled:
k_fab_sith_si.ncs

I deleted all three and tried warp 711kor (i deleted one, tried, deleted another, tried again, and deleted the third then tried again) and crashed each time. My save game is 12m into the game (I ran through as t3m4, got the stuff then instead of finishing I skipped).

How do I look at the files under 711KOR.rim? And what, in appearance.2da, do you suggest I look for (how do I tell what is specific to the secret tomb I mean)...

Darkkender
08-25-2005, 11:57 PM
I'll look into that script as I don't recall that one from before.

Bunk
08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
ARRGH! All this time I assumed something specific to my save game was causing the conflict. After what Maanick posted, I decided to make a new game:

Used a default head
Skipped the prologue and came out of the tank
warp 711kor = crashed at 3/4 loaded

Oh well, guess that eliminates one of the possible problems.

Bunk
08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Did a couple tests to followup.

Removed Override completely, didnt touch dialog.tlk or the other folders that the mod affects - just left the modified versions in
Created a new guy
Warped to 711kor = fine

Copied the Overide from Holowan 1.03 in to place, renamed it to Override :)
Loaded the same new character
Warp to 711kor = crash at 3/4 load.

Whee.

maaneeack
08-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I tried with USM and a bunch of other mods, works fine. Its just something in the Holowan plugin that is screwing up for some of us...

@Bunk - what video card are you using? (and I'm not manic, I'm just a maniac!)

I know proe-dude and I are using ati cards, he (right?) updated to the 5.6 catalysts, and I'm using 4.11 catalysts. My textures are high, aa and the other thing are set to 2x, and the game runs fine at those settings (2.8ghz athlon, 785 ddr ram (good sticks)) with or without mods. I have EAX disabled since I don't have EAX (onboard sound, using headphones). Windows 2000 Professional with sp4. TSL isn't updated (I have the update, before I reinstalled it it was patched and I still crashed 3/4 through loading with the Holowan plugin). My ATI is a radeon 9600 xp.

I seriously doubt any of us have the exact same hardware, so it's got to be something in the plugin, but why it wouldn't affect everyone I don't know. Perhaps its a driver/plugin conflict or something, but don't you have a radeon card DK?

@DK - if you pm me a link to one of the saves from someone else I'll try to grab it and try it out.

Bunk
08-27-2005, 04:01 PM
yea, I don't think its hardware related as we have almost total oposite systems:
Gforce 6600GT
win XP Pro sp 2
3.2 P4 1GB ram
EAX on
Kotor2 updated
tried at various graphic settings, including ones DK sent me

One thing I will point out - I am also getting crashed going to other planets, not just the cave in Korriban. Going to Dantooine, or trying to go back to Telos? (the terraformed planet) crashes me the same way, so I don't think its just something specific in the Korriban cave.

wolfshadow
08-27-2005, 11:30 PM
I get the crashes too...

P3 3 gHz
1 gB ram,
GForce Fx 5600
Onboard Sound
WinXp Home, SP2

Darkkender
08-28-2005, 04:15 AM
How many people getting the crash have TSL patched and updated?

wolfshadow
08-28-2005, 07:47 AM
I'm fully updated, as far as I know. (Version2.10)
Autopatcher says I'm up to date anyway...

maaneeack
08-28-2005, 12:45 PM
TSL is unpatched atm, but i can patch it again if you want DK

Darkkender
08-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Well definetley patch it Maaneeack as I built it on a patched game.

However for those having problems remove the script k_fab_sith_si.ncs and see if it will get past the crash. I know Maaneeack removed it from his and it still crashed but It's worth a shot. I have a feeling it is a copy of the games same script by the same name used in multiple modules. It seems to be a ghost script not a part of any of the mods included in the plugin.

maaneeack
08-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I will patch and try again (without mods, without holowan plugin, with holowan).

Bunk
08-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Already removed that one. I went through similar to maaneeack and tried taking out anything from Override that was in 711kor - didn't help.

maaneeack
08-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Oi.

So I patched TSL, removed my Override and tried again. The secret tomb loads fine. I toss in Holowan Plugin, it crashes 3/4 loaded the tomb. I apply it's patch, same crash 3/4 through loading.

I removed it and did the following (one mod at a time):
NON--TSL Patcher Enabled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Jedi/Sith Items
AI Tweak 2 (edited for TSL Hardcore Mod)
Exile Item Pack
Female Underwear (bikini-esqe)
Asian Female Head
USM_Relased (Ultimate Saber Mod)

TSL Patcher
High-Level Force Powers v2
High-Level Force Powers v2 update 1
Jedi & Sith Battle Helmets
Wrist Console 1.3
Saber Restoration Project
TSL Armour Pack

Crashed Mods
Council Chambers (modder's area) !! SOFTHANG WHILE LOADING SAVE !!
950cor.are - 950cor.git - door_mal002.utd - module.ifo
softhang - it gets 1/4 loaded of the save then just sits there, kotor2 doesn't crash, task manager says its running fine, if I click the close button (kotor is in a window) it asks if i want to quit w/o saving and closes the game fine.

Sith Ritual Robe !! CRASHED RIGHT AFTER WARPING !!
a_robe_80.uti - ia_MstrRobe_080.tga - PFBN80.tga - sith_mummy.utp

What other mods are in the Holowan plugin that I can get and try individually?

Evan Ordo
08-29-2005, 06:13 PM
A mountian of kudos for Darth Melignous for the awsome tunes for the launcher :rock:

DanteS2005
09-02-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm experiencing a rather annoying problem. I'm running a localized version of the game and basically i can't see the name of the new items in my inventory, i still can equip them, just no name appears. I'm in the early stages of the game, on the harbinger i can't see the name of the items that i found in the high-tech plasteel cylinder in my PC room, the verpine portable vault also doesn't work, there's not text in it, just a black screen. I can't even see the name of the swords that the nightsister witch carried along.

I had the same problem with the USM mod, but i fixed it with the Language Coverter utility, changing all the uti files in my language.

I did the same with all the uti files in the override directory after i installed Holowan Plugin, but the problem is stil there.

Any idea?

maaneeack
09-02-2005, 06:41 PM
@DanteS2005: Sounds like your dialog.tlk is corrupt/missing, extract it from the holowan plugin into your \SWKotOR2\ dir.

DanteS2005
09-03-2005, 06:50 AM
@DanteS2005: Sounds like your dialog.tlk is corrupt/missing, extract it from the holowan plugin into your \SWKotOR2\ dir.

You were right, when i installed the plugin i missed it, so i did it now. Unfortunately this has not solved my problem, i can see the name of *some* items, but mostly of the new items are still without name. And all the conversations that involve a modded .dlg file end with the well known "CONVERSATION ERROR".

I noticed that when i extracted the holowan plaugin dialog.tlk file, my game was translated into english, all the text that previouvsly was in italian is now in english, this include dialogs and items names. So i tried to recompile all the DLG and UTI files into english using the Language Converter, nothing changed.

It's pretty clear that the problem is related to the conflict that happens with the dialog.tlk file and my localised version of the game. The text is still missing, even changing the Language ID of all the uti and dlg files.

Is there someone out there who wants to dig in it?

BumpoTheHutt
09-04-2005, 03:27 PM
I was playing on my new female pc (not the one i'm having problems with entering the secret tomb) and got to the hidden academy on telos. When I was talking with Atris, the game crashed when she whipped out my lightsaber, so I said ok I won't talk about the council. I got past it and was going through the ebon hawk scene when it crashed trying to load the holorecord of my exile. It did that several times.

I finally realized that the connection was my lightsaber. Not the ones I have now, but the one I described to Atton after Peragus. So I load up the GLOBALVARS.res file in kotor tool and, not knowing wtheck i'm looking for, find 003EBO_Atton_Talk with a Numeric Global of 6. I decided to make it a 5. I save, load that game and make atris whip out my lightsaber again, game doesn't flinch. I get through that and yell at the council some in the holorecord, game continues fine. Aside from the oddity of having to redo the flight from peragus the game went on the way it was supposed to.

Could this help with fixing the secret tomb?

Having the same problem but this solution didn't work for me. I reinstalled TSL entirely, reinstalled the mods (USM/Holowan Plugin/Holowan Patch, in that order) and still can't get past the Atris Lightsaber display.

If I don't prompt her to display the lightsaber when we talk, I get the crash when I get onboard the Ebon Hawk, when the Council trial is supposed to be played.

Up until this point, everything I've seen in the mod has been fantastic. Hats off to Darkender and all the contributing modders!

This is my first post here so be gentle.

Darkkender
09-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Having the same problem but this solution didn't work for me. I reinstalled TSL entirely, reinstalled the mods (USM/Holowan Plugin/Holowan Patch, in that order) and still can't get past the Atris Lightsaber display.

If I don't prompt her to display the lightsaber when we talk, I get the crash when I get onboard the Ebon Hawk, when the Council trial is supposed to be played.

Up until this point, everything I've seen in the mod has been fantastic. Hats off to Darkender and all the contributing modders!

This is my first post here so be gentle.

That particular glitch I have run into with and without mods installed. So I would say without certainty of a doubt that, that glitch is game related and not mod related. I can't recall which selection in the dialogue produces that result however I know one of them does.

BumpoTheHutt
09-05-2005, 03:48 AM
That particular glitch I have run into with and without mods installed. So I would say without certainty of a doubt that, that glitch is game related and not mod related. I can't recall which selection in the dialogue produces that result however I know one of them does.

I think the glitch you're referring to, Darkkender, is the one that doesn't let you collect your party members and you get stuck in Atris' fortress forever. The mod seems to have fixed that one as I used to get it if my first response, when told to set down my weapons, was the "cooperative" one. With that glitch, you never get the Kreia/Atton conversation. Your game doesn't crash, you just can't go anywhere. You can move, but you can't find your party members to leave.

This glitch is different. It does what it's supposed to up to the point when you're either a) talking with Atris and prompt her to whip out the lightsaber, or b) if you didn't prompt that when you board the Ebon Hawk and try to play the holovid of the "trial" with the Jedi Council.

At either of those points, the nasty little crash box pops up (Report to Microsoft).

I've experienced both, unfortunately, but the first one was easy enough to get around by just taking a less cooperative response when first entering the academy.

Thanks for all your hard work on this stuff. Awesome stuff!!

maaneeack
09-05-2005, 11:56 AM
@BumpoTheHutt : my "fix" was worse than the actual crash so I wouldn't suggest doing it without backing things up first. You might try saving right before you talk to Atton on the Ebon Hawk when you describe your lightsaber and leave that one alone until you get to Atris. I'm pretty sure that if you save, answer atton's question and then warp 262tel you can see whether or not your choice crashes your game. I was messing around the other day warping from 101per (when you just wake up) playing with force choke anyone and tach transformer and I talked to atris, she pulled out a silver handled blue (I think) saber (the default I suppose).

Either way, it might be a way to figure out which dialoge choice with atton causes the game to crash at Atris/Council Holorecord.

@Darkkender - did my posts above help at all? I assume that if it had, and you have had time, we would get a test patch or post or something along those lines...

Darkkender
09-06-2005, 02:40 AM
@BumpoTheHutt the Glitch you are refering to with the lightsabers is driven by your initial conversation with atton on the Ebon Hawk. That dialogue and it's scripts were left alone by myself in the Plugin. However As I stated on more than one occasion prior to using any mods certain conversation choices with atton which sets the global variables for later in the game with Atris weilding your saber caused a game crash with Atris. This is not Plugin related.

@maaneeack Unfortunately not. Since most of the mods you listed are TSL patcher mods and there are none of those in the Plugin. Only a couple of those you mentioned are actually in the plugin. Of those you mentioned the head skin mods included were converted to new heads entirely. Those mods that you listed as causing a crash aren't in the Plugin.

BumpoTheHutt
09-06-2005, 12:30 PM
@BumpoTheHutt the Glitch you are refering to with the lightsabers is driven by your initial conversation with atton on the Ebon Hawk. That dialogue and it's scripts were left alone by myself in the Plugin. However As I stated on more than one occasion prior to using any mods certain conversation choices with atton which sets the global variables for later in the game with Atris weilding your saber caused a game crash with Atris. This is not Plugin related.

Thanks, Darkkender!

Any suggestions as to which responses should be avoided to prevent this problem coming up at the ice academy? In the game that bugged up, I know my response to the type of lightsaber I had was that it "was unique."

Thanks for all your work.

BumpoTheHutt
09-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm a noob... how does one "warp"? I'm assuming this means moving from one point in the game to another somehow?

Sorry for the noobishness.

Thanks

maaneeack
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
If you've got cheats enabled hit the tilde (~) key then type warp ###mod (like 711kor, 262tel, 906mal). You won't see anything when you do this, because the console is hidden for some odd reason. Anyhow, when you type it it will take you to that module.

BTW, the lightsaber crash happens when you pick one of the unique sabers, its just one of them i think but like I suggested someone could save right before choosing, choose then warp 262tel and get atris to whip out your saber. If it crashes then that's the culprit, if it doesn't then pick something else, heh.

Bunk
09-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Hey again Dark. I had a thought. Since many of us seem to think that the crash we are getting is related to a changed model, I'd like to test as many of the individual mods from the pack as possible to see if any of them cause the same crash on thier own on my system.

Rather than trying to hit every single mod in the pack, could you jot down a list of the mostly likely ones to start with. Then people like myself and maaneeack can at least go through them and see if we can isolate the problem. I know personally that I've never tested 90% of the mods that are in the pack on my system.

Darkkender
09-07-2005, 11:55 AM
There is a seperate archive containing readme's and a full listing of all the mods used or there components. Simply extract that archive and go through there as that is what I would end up sending to you is a condensed version of all those readme's. That was one of my primary goals when I released the mod was to provide a means for the end user to know which mods had components included. Any mods listed that are simply skins for heads became new heads entirely. Any mods that were Armor skins were made into actual armor. As to the most likely mod there doesn't seem to be any rhymn or reason as to what throws the errors. The thought that it is a model was previously covered as not likely as the games error log throws those all the time in there even on a game that doesn't crash.

_Phaedrus_
09-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm having a slight problem with the Holowan modification. I'm on Dxun, after receiving Master Kavar's message. Unfortunately, the "assault on the sith base" Dxun mission will not load. It'll get mostly loaded, the screem will turn grey, and the game will crash. I'm fairly certain this is due to some interference from the Holowan mod, as it worked perfectly before. (And yes, I have patched Holowan to v1.05.)

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Slipstreme
09-07-2005, 07:04 PM
*GASP* A glitch with Holowan?! Say it ain't so! Anyway I haven't heard of this problem before

maaneeack
09-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Check out the Holowan Plugin release thread, http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149994, I and several others are having problems getting the secret tomb to load while using the plugin, but offhand I don't remember anyone having a problem with Dxun...

BumpoTheHutt
09-07-2005, 08:53 PM
BTW, the lightsaber crash happens when you pick one of the unique sabers, its just one of them i think but like I suggested someone could save right before choosing, choose then warp 262tel and get atris to whip out your saber. If it crashes then that's the culprit, if it doesn't then pick something else, heh.

Tried this and picked the option "I don't remember" what kind of lightsaber I had, warped to telos and when Atris whipped it out all was well.

Until I got to the secret cave on Korriban... then I got the crash. So I skipped it and went on.

Got to the point on Dxun where I have to send some of my party to Freedon Nad's tomb. After choosing my party and opting to go, I got another crash on the load screen that should take my party to the tunnel with the mines and the alarm system. Again, about 3/4ths of the way loaded then POOF. Can't get around this one so I'm stuck.

Anybody else have this one?

BumpoTheHutt
09-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm having a slight problem with the Holowan modification. I'm on Dxun, after receiving Master Kavar's message. Unfortunately, the "assault on the sith base" Dxun mission will not load. It'll get mostly loaded, the screem will turn grey, and the game will crash. I'm fairly certain this is due to some interference from the Holowan mod, as it worked perfectly before. (And yes, I have patched Holowan to v1.05.)

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I had this one today too. The crash on Korriban was something you could bypass but this brings your game to a complete standstill.

Lando Griffin
09-07-2005, 11:25 PM
take out 3/4s of the mod or all of it. THats whats makin ur game crash, too many mods, their is like 200 mbs in ur override rightnow if u have the plugin. play past that part save, and then put all the mods back in.

BumpoTheHutt
09-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Check out the Holowan Plugin release thread, http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149994, I and several others are having problems getting the secret tomb to load while using the plugin, but offhand I don't remember anyone having a problem with Dxun...

After extensive trial and error I was able to isolate this glitch to two files in the override folder.

wsbr.tga
wsbr.txi

When I removed them, I was able to warp to the Korriban cave, the Dxun problem was fixed AND I was able to get the holorecord of the Exile's trial to play on the Ebon Hawk after leaving Atris' academy.

I don't know what these files are nor what they do so ya might wanna wait until somebody who knows about these things can take a look at it and see if they're needed elsewhere.

:redbounc:

Fuu
09-08-2005, 10:30 PM
The .txi and .tga are the texture for a lightsaber. The .tga is the image that appears over the 3d model. The .txi is a file that contains instructions for special effects applied to the skin ( this is what makes the hilt look like metal instead of just being grey).
At least this is how I understand it. It might not be quite right as haha I'm still learning too.

If you have the lightsaber that the .tga/.txi belong to remove it from your inventory with KSE (tools/downloads section) as trying to equip or upgrade it will crash your game ( i think ). Someone correct me if I'm off here, please.

hope that was helpfull.

stoffe
09-08-2005, 10:35 PM
When I removed the files named "wsbr.tga" and "wsbr.txi" I was finally able to warp to get into the cave, get to Freedon Nad's tomb AND get the Exile's holorecorded trial to play.

At a quick glance i can spot two odd things about that texture. First is its dimensions, it's 1042x1024. Don't know if that's intentional or if it's a typo, with it intended to really be 1024x1024. Some video cards wants textures in the 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 etc pixel dimensions to be happy. That may be the case with your video card.

Second, it's a 24 Bit TGA with no alphachannel, even though the TXI file applies a Baremetal environment map on it, which would use the alpha channel to determine the "shininess" of that environment map.

You could try resizing the image to 1024x1024 and save it as a 32 bit TGA, and see if it still crashes.

BumpoTheHutt
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
At a quick glance i can spot two odd things about that texture. First is its dimensions, it's 1042x1024. Don't know if that's intentional or if it's a typo, with it intended to really be 1024x1024. Some video cards wants textures in the 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 etc pixel dimensions to be happy. That may be the case with your video card.

Second, it's a 24 Bit TGA with no alphachannel, even though the TXI file applies a Baremetal environment map on it, which would use the alpha channel to determine the "shininess" of that environment map.

You could try resizing the image to 1024x1024 and save it as a 32 bit TGA, and see if it still crashes.

Yup! That was it. I resized the .tga file to 1024x1024, put it back in the override folder and it works! Didn't mess with the tga aspect though.

Might it be that this mystery is solved?

Darkkender
09-09-2005, 01:33 AM
I'll release an updated tga file if it is in the plugin. However if the others having the same crash would also test this method out to see if this fixes there problem that would be most helpful.

Darkkender
09-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Hey Lando just as an FYI the number of files in overide is not what causes the game to glitch and crash. The only difference between overide and the various BIF and ERF files in the game is the BIF's & ERF's are archives of a sort that the game is designed to read from 2nd and the overide is a folder the game is setup to check first if a file exists there it uses it if not it checks the archives.

There has been a solution to the 2 files listed by Bumpo in the Plugins main thread.

If a moderator wouldn't mind merging this with the main thread it would be greatly appreciated.

BumpoTheHutt
09-09-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll release an updated tga file if it is in the plugin.

It is indeed in the plug-in. Awesome plugin! :ears1:

proe-dude
09-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Yup! That was it. I resized the .tga file to 1024x1024, put it back in the override folder and it works! Didn't mess with the tga aspect though.

Might it be that this mystery is solved?

I would love to test this proposed fix... is someone willing to send to me these corrected files? (I have to profess much less knowledge than most in this forum, particularly stoffe et. al.)

Bunk
09-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I have one thing to say here:

WOOT! It Works!

Big thanks to whoever found that offending file. I resized it and was able to enter the cave with no hassle. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable resizing it themselves, feel free to grab a resized version here:

www.bunkphotos.com/files/wsbr.rar (http://www.bunkphotos.com/files/wsbr.rar)

Just unrar and put the file in Override, over-writing the original. Sorry if anyone has any trouble with rar's but the file is to big to host uncompressed.

proe-dude
09-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I have one thing to say here:

WOOT! It Works!

Big thanks to whoever found that offending file. I resized it and was able to enter the cave with no hassle. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable resizing it themselves, feel free to grab a resized version here:

www.bunkphotos.com/files/wsbr.rar (http://www.bunkphotos.com/files/wsbr.rar)

Just unrar and put the file in Override, over-writing the original. Sorry if anyone has any trouble with rar's but the file is to big to host uncompressed.

I concur, the fix appears to be the correction of this one file. Many thanks, Bunk, for hosting that file. I'm not knowledgeable enough to correct it on my own. Odd how the transposition of just two numbers created such a fuss, eh?

To Darkkender - this mod is still by far my absolute favorite; thank you so much for your efforts in creating this mod. Know that I did not wish to continue playing KotOR2 w/o your modifications; that is my testament of how much I feel you've been able to influence my gaming experience.

Kindest regards - proe-dude

Darkkender
09-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Thank you for uploading that Bunk. For the time being I have posted a copy of the link in the first post. Once I have heard back from Maaneeack as to weather this worked for him or not I'll release an updated patch and remove the link to your site.

maaneeack
09-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I've been a bit AWOL recently, my java class caught up to me with homework being due this past friday and this coming friday. I resized the image the other day but have yet to recopy the HP to my Override. I will do that this afternoon and post back.

Edit:
I checked it, and the secret tomb on korriban works now. Funny how 1 little tga with a small typo can crash some people but not everyone. wsbr.tga and wsbr.txi are in the HP DK, but I don't know if it would be easier to fix and re-release that or just to put a warning about it on your mod info on pcgm. Seems like a large download for a small fix that anyone (or almost anyone I suppose) can do. Perhaps just offer the fixed image somewhere, I can upload it to one of my sites if you want. Though maybe a new release with some more fixes or more mods might be in line soonish?

Evan Ordo
09-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Ok don't hurt me for this noobish question but since you have multiple skins in this mod for T3 and HK, how do you pick which one you want?

Darkkender
09-15-2005, 01:07 AM
The HK & T3 multiple skins are all driven by the armor HK & T3 are wearing so depending on what droid armor you have on you may look like R2 while another will make you look like my R3-T7 skin if your T3. This was due to the advent of my painted droid armor mod which took creative 2da editing and renaming of skin files,

@Maaneeack I was planning to release a new updated full version soon that includes wsbr.tga's fix plus the original patch plus added content that I left out from before. ;)

maaneeack
09-15-2005, 01:45 PM
@DK: awesome, i'll either download it on the blazing fast college network, or my blazing slow dialup connection. Now I just need to remember to find that book in DK's sig...

Darkkender
09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
@DK: awesome, i'll either download it on the blazing fast college network, or my blazing slow dialup connection. Now I just need to remember to find that book in DK's sig...

Well if you program in C/C++ and are interested in writing your own scripting language it is well worth finding. However if your looking for a step in the right direction of programming nwnscript then you could easily pickup a C programming primer as it is simply the C language with most of the extras taken out.

if your interested in taking a look at the compiler and sample scripts using the scripting language you write in the book you can download it and give it a whirl. Just send me a pm and I'll send you a link with some simple instructions for usage.

maaneeack
09-16-2005, 01:39 PM
I got a C in the c++ class i took a few semesters ago (I got behind and had some late assignments), and right now i'm taking a server-side java class (second java class, this one is jsp/javaserver faces and online things). Thanks for the heads up, expect a PM heh.

{Sith}-Guyver3
09-16-2005, 03:07 PM
i have the Plug in installed and the Patch along with it, The Cave on Korriban continues to crash when you choose to enter alone, i dunno it anyone else is having this problem

maaneeack
09-16-2005, 03:54 PM
@Sith-Guyver3: use a photo program (acdsee, irfanview, photoshop, paintshop pro, mspaint maybe, the gimp) to open the file wsbr.tga in your \Override folder. Then resize it from 1042x1024 to 1024x1024 (that first one is ten-forty two, it should be ten-twenty four). Save it and see if that lets you enter the cave.

Darkkender
09-17-2005, 01:46 AM
or if you look in the first post of this thread I have provided a link with a copy of the fixed tga available for download.

This is why it is always best to read the first post in any thread regarding a mod as nearly all updates will find there way into those posts.

kata_mad
09-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Firstly very nice mod you have merged them Brilliantly well done. The second thing is is it easy to change back the amendments you made to the Zeison Sha/Jal Shey armours as I must be the only person who liked them as it is, which file(s) need deleting/amending.

Darkkender
09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Firstly very nice mod you have merged them Brilliantly well done. The second thing is is it easy to change back the amendments you made to the Zeison Sha/Jal Shey armours as I must be the only person who liked them as it is, which file(s) need deleting/amending.

I'll admit they aren't really that easy to turn back. I'll make a note of this as a optional install method for a future release. I chose to go ahead with Mav's & Rehawke's variant as many mods had that included as an option.

Lando Griffin
09-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Darkkender ive noticed there are appearance.2da and i think baseitems.2da problems with the holowan plugin. I downloaded and installed the patch and the problem was still the same.
1. In the character selection the robes or clothes that the characters wear are all messed up. The textures are completly messed up.
2. I cant use the jedi armor made in the game, everytime i try to use it , it crashes. Same for some of the jedi starforge armor.

Darkkender
09-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Darkkender ive noticed there are appearance.2da and i think baseitems.2da problems with the holowan plugin. I downloaded and installed the patch and the problem was still the same.

The plugin only has problems with those 2da files if you are trying to merge the plugin with other mods. By if you are installing the plugin by itself or right after installing the USM then there will only be problems with later mods that affect those 2da files by overwriting them.

1. In the character selection the robes or clothes that the characters wear are all messed up. The textures are completly messed up.

The screw up that is visible with the textures in the selection screen are not fouled up on the in game body models for the appearance. The fouled up textures in character selection is caused by many of the custom appearances having there own custom textures and body models for there default clothing appearance. The selection screen retains the texture from the random appearance that is generated so when you select a different head the texture remains however it gets applied over the new body model in character selection for the character you choose. However once you get ingame and put on your default clothes everything will be fine.

2. I cant use the jedi armor made in the game, everytime i try to use it , it crashes. Same for some of the jedi starforge armor.

Would these be from mods added after you've installed the plugin? Or do you have certain armor & robe mods that modify the 2 2da files you mentioned above when you throw the Plugin in your overide? If either of these are the case then you will have to make your existing mods properly compatible to resolve the problem.

Lando Griffin
09-26-2005, 12:53 AM
maybe i think i added a new baseitems, but i been doing editing with ur appearance.2da and workin on the baseitems.2da for my project. I doubt its the appearance.2da, its probably the baseitems. Does the jedi armor come with the baseitems.2da?

Darkkender
09-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Are you referring to the Jedi Armor mod that I released in early TSL days? If so yes it does. If you reuse the baseitems from the Holowan Plugin then you will likely have few to no conflicts at all.

JediKnight707
09-28-2005, 12:01 AM
This is an odd problem. Everytime I try to start a new game when it goes to the selection screen (male jedi consular, sentinal, etc) It only shows like 2 people having heads, and when I click on one of them, it goes to the normal screen (quick character, custom charcater) I *click* custom character. It goes to the screen, and I *click* portrait and the game crashes. Any ideas?

PS This doesn't happen when I removed the mods in my folder. And I have started files before with this Plugin, it just started happening.

Darkkender
09-28-2005, 12:57 PM
your missing the either the heads.2da or the appearance.2da from your overide that comes with the holowan plugin. This will also happen if you overwrite the appearance.2da file that comes in there. The game is trying to retrieve data from one or both of these 2da files and since they are missing or the entries from them are missing it is crashing.

theeautomator
09-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Which files make the lightsaber colors thicker than they normally are? I'd like to get the old colors back, especially yellow, but I don't know what to remove.

Darkkender
09-28-2005, 11:14 PM
I didn't change the thickness of any of the stock lightsaber blades. A few of the default hilts got changed but not the blades.

theeautomator
09-29-2005, 02:51 AM
I know for sure that the yellow lightsaber is changed from it's default appearance. I'm not using any other mods that would be changing it either.

Darkkender
09-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Unless it was changed by one of the mods merged into the plugin that I'm not aware of. What you want to look for is a tga named w_lsaberyel01.tga or very close to that sitting in overide and remove it. However be careful of the spelling and that it is 01 and not a higher number as many mods will use the same texture with a higher number to avoid conflicts.

theeautomator
10-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Yep, that was it, thanks Dark.

kdsphantom
10-04-2005, 09:56 AM
this mod is great and thank you.
but i have to say i just hope your happy i have to play another 50 games of TSL now with this and all the other mods i didnt know about 8 months ago or so when i got the game, and the kotor 1 mods i didnt know about either that you all have done great work on as well, i just hope your pleased that im running abouts with a lightsaber and a crazy killer robot for hours and horus and hours again!!.
2 or 3 dasy ago i DL your mod here and just last night i got to the crash in the korriban cave and unreal that bumpo the hutt what did they say,
""After extensive trial and error I was able to isolate this glitch to two files in the override folder"" what i wanna know is how did they find the 2 files ??
i have a few mods as well as yours in there for about 3K worth files, i was reading the thread all morning here and was well figuring the dates that you had a fix, but was getting a saved game ready in case needed my system stats ect, but bumpo the hutt with that great pic, drool, just finds those 2 files, BTW i deleted those 2 bad very bad files, is the more proper to to apply patch or delecting them fine (( i delected and lplayed and got into cave jsut fine before posting this))

thank you once again
kdsphantom

Darkkender
10-04-2005, 11:13 AM
this mod is great and thank you.
but i have to say i just hope your happy i have to play another 50 games of TSL now with this and all the other mods i didnt know about 8 months ago or so when i got the game, and the kotor 1 mods i didnt know about either that you all have done great work on as well, i just hope your pleased that im running abouts with a lightsaber and a crazy killer robot for hours and horus and hours again!!.
2 or 3 dasy ago i DL your mod here and just last night i got to the crash in the korriban cave and unreal that bumpo the hutt what did they say,
""After extensive trial and error I was able to isolate this glitch to two files in the override folder"" what i wanna know is how did they find the 2 files ??
i have a few mods as well as yours in there for about 3K worth files, i was reading the thread all morning here and was well figuring the dates that you had a fix, but was getting a saved game ready in case needed my system stats ect, but bumpo the hutt with that great pic, drool, just finds those 2 files, BTW i deleted those 2 bad very bad files, is the more proper to to apply patch or delecting them fine (( i delected and lplayed and got into cave jsut fine before posting this))

thank you once again
kdsphantom

The only file of the 2 that should have been removed was the tga file the txi file was a texture information file and needed to remain. If you checked the first post in this thread I have both patches listed and linked for download.

I'm glad to hear that I've sucked you into the darkside of modding. :D

JediKnight707
10-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Is there going to be a new release anytime soon? I want to see if any of my mods get in ;);) I'm just kidding there not very good mods :)

Darkkender
10-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Is there going to be a new release anytime soon? I want to see if any of my mods get in ;);) I'm just kidding there not very good mods :)

Probably not very likely. I'm trying to focus on the content that I cut from the first release.

JediKnight707
10-04-2005, 03:00 PM
:( you made me sad *running off crying* Though I do hope that the next release is as good as the first one

kdsphantom
10-04-2005, 07:39 PM
and when i thanked you personally i really should have thanked all involved, that is all that put time in well even in teh site here and in all the mods you included and put in to the uber mod itself, and this isnt prolly even the right spot for that even but umm thank you to all heh

aye i read the post all the way through an got the patch but actually hadnt put it in yet, i of course have no clue what its for but from the cave to end of the game it well worked fine. but before i play it again ill put that in.

and when i was reading it through i noticed that you said it was set at hardcore insane lvl. from the hardcore mod by beancounter? who gave thanks to you? my question is can one make it even more insane tougher?
i just finished and darth wussy sion only had 2K hp and well he was in need of training in how to use a lightsaber properly. but thank you again.

kdsphantom

General Kenobi
10-04-2005, 09:02 PM
@kdsphantom

:monkey4: First off "Welcome To The Forums" :monkey4:

Just open up all the default .uti weapon files for the baddies and give them the edit of on hit instant death. ;) That will make it "uber, uber" hard...lol :D

You'd just better hope you spot them and hit first before they hit you. :thumbsup:

OK sorry to bring the thread off topic back to the plugin. :D

I'd personally like to see an update patch to the plugin maybe if some more large mods are put out like Commas Real Mandalorians or a new planet module or more selections of characters.

General Kenobi

kdsphantom
10-05-2005, 04:12 AM
@ General Kenobi
thank you, and LOL but nooo not that kinda uber man hehe he would hit me for 5 and 10 here and there heheh im sure he hits everyone but more perhaps i meant in more serious mode was that if the mod wasnt set at insanity level to start with? just at hard setting?

maaneeack
10-06-2005, 03:51 PM
@kdsphantom - check out stoffe -mkb-'s ai tweak mod, it makes npcs use force powers and droids use their droid weapons, as well as making npcs smarter (pathing and what to use, when)...

Jae Onasi
10-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Bunk says (snipped)
One thing I will point out - I am also getting crashed going to other planets, not just the cave in Korriban. Going to Dantooine, or trying to go back to Telos? (the terraformed planet) crashes me the same way, so I don't think its just something specific in the Korriban cave.[/QUOTE]

I kept crashing when going to other planets, too (and I have nvidia card--would have to look up the specs later, updated game, plugin and patch and USM). I a. downloaded the Omega drivers and b. did a registry fix and it seemed to solve the problem, though I'm going to load your fix too. I hadn't played to Korriban yet so I hadn't experienced that crash, tho with the fix hopefully won't ever experience that. :-)
I don't know if that's any help, but thought you all might like the info.

Thanks everyone--I'm having a great time playing with the plug-in and other mods.

Acleacius
10-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Can you guys please post a currently working link for the patch listed as PCGameMods download system hasnt been working now for at least 20 hours.