PDA

View Full Version : A proposal for a Senate

Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 12:28 PM
Hello Forummers,

now that the amount of members is very steadily growing, i believe we could create what could be described as a Senate.

What would it do ?

- do weekly post-sessions that go over the topics that were discussed that week; identifying the ones that were rounded off and the ones that went nowhere;

- give a 'Forummer Of The Week' medal to someone (heck, in Star Wars they hand out medals all the time !

- solve gaming disputes once they pop up in zones..

how about it ?
if there's enough support, we might discuss how to do it properly.

it would never ever be intended or work as a replacement for Forum mods though.. maybe it could even have a separate forum ? What do you think, Chris3po, Zero, etc ?

Havoc Stryphe
08-02-2001, 01:06 PM
An Interesting proposal,

Would we vote on members of the council? Would their be "terms" like 2 months, or 4 months then vote again?

At this point I would back the project, there seems to be nothing disturbing about it yet. However, I'm sure Logistical problems will become more evident if you get to the point of actually "fleshing out" the concept.

If it comes to support, I'm willing to back it up, at this point anyways. ;)

Darth_Rommel
08-02-2001, 01:15 PM
Nice avatar! ;)

Havoc Stryphe
08-02-2001, 01:20 PM
Thank You.....you will see more, I promise. I grow weary of the same thing! :D

JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 02:56 PM
this senate thing really isn't all that too bad. news about new polls so that the polls won't be left alone. information on SWGB production. it sounds pretty good.:)

Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 04:44 PM
ok then... that's a couple positive. any more ?

Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 05:12 PM
Neat idea, but what would the real point be, just to talk? And where would we do it, chat?

Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 05:20 PM
No, we'd do it in a weekly or monthly post.

The thing is; they could service as a digest of sorts AND a 'semi-official' voting thread on topics. i know there's a voting feature here, but this would make it more engaging for the community.

and what would be nicer than having a true Senate with a game like GB ?

imagine the debates: "Esteemed delegates, i come before you under the gravest of circumstances. Last night, the Trade Federation civ of Tieguy invaded the peaceful Gungan-civ of Paragon_Leon and immediately attacked his trade-routes. Is this conduct considered legal ?"

or something. it would be more to address certain new gaming-styles and give them official names and stuff.

Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 08:01 PM
Hmm, i guess id go for that.

Compa_Mighty
08-02-2001, 08:06 PM
Ok, I'll be Supreme Councellor Compa_Mighty!

Get away Palpatine!!!

*Just joking, really laughs out loud* :p :emperor:

Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 08:56 PM
You will let me be Supreme Chancellor *waves hand around*:yoda:

Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 09:57 PM
Hehe :D

I'll settle for a senate seat........and maybe head of a comittee :D

Wedge
08-02-2001, 09:58 PM
Hey it's a pretty cool idea :) I'm a supporter.

JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 10:53 PM
i wouldn't mind being part of the senate. possably a reporter?:D

Kvan
08-02-2001, 10:59 PM
Can we vote to ban people? *points to Compa* I vote to ban Compa!
Just Kidding Compa :D
Your Senate idea is a good idea. :)

JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 11:01 PM
i highly agree!:D

Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 04:58 AM
ok, i'll give it some thought, flesh it out and post a more definitive proposal after a week, after i talked it over with the moderators.

Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 08:41 AM
pardon me for posting twice in a row, but i want to keep this topic on top so more people can give their feedback on this idea.

Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 11:58 AM
Yes, make sure you talk about it to the mods, it wouldn't work if you didn't. W need there full cooperation. :D

JediMasterEd
08-04-2001, 01:02 PM
why don't we have Paragon_Leon as the Supreme Chancellor. he was the one who though of it!

Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 04:21 PM
I like the idea! What can my rank be? :D

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 05:36 PM
Great idea on the Senate. Although other sites that have similar things would call it a Jedi Council.

Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 05:45 PM
Yeah, that what we would call it, and the first 100 member (or maybe all people with 1000 posts) would have seats. They could change there rank too "Jedi Council Member" (cause people with 1000 can have speacial ranks I think) :D Wow! Am I good or what?

Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 05:46 PM
I call it a Senate because of the different civilizations in the game. If a certain player is known to play with a certain civ and you discuss those sides and the games weekly/monthly/whatever, you'd get something like a Senate.
But a Jedi council has something going for it too i guess.. After all, the Jedi discussed things too. They just didn't have political authority.

Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 05:49 PM
The Council could decide on matches between top players. They could decide on all aspects of the match: what map type, mode (deathmatch etc.), civs, etc.

Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 06:00 PM
ok, so how about a Senate AND a Jedi council ? The council could serve as sort of a sounding board on these forums while the Senate could discuss gameplay and how certain matches were handled. Or the other way around.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 06:05 PM
How would members be decided? Hmmm... How about the council has the most experiance and the Senate is elected.

Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 06:06 PM
Maybe. I'm thinking more about letting the mods decide who should be in them, since it's going to be a oderating kind of thing, but then only in discussion.
That way, there's certainly no conflict between such a setup and the moderators.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 06:08 PM
Well what would they do? Just privatly message you and say "we would like you to be in the Council"

Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 06:11 PM
They watch these boards and can identify the ones who'd be most suited, i guess. I also think it's best if a neutral party decides on who gets in. Otherwise, you're bound to have arguments. And they could post private messages, yeah, but the Council / Senate memberlist would be up for all to see. Maybe everyone could have a seat in the Senate, but only a few would have official positions like Chancellors.
Clans that would be here could be represented by a 'Senator' in the Senate. So you'd have Senators representing groups of gamers.
I like the idea more by the minute, by the way..

Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 06:21 PM
How bout everyone can be in the senate, but only the ten or so people with the most "experience" (posts) get a seat on the council?

After all, everyone should have a say in the senate, that's what it's all about. However, some people could have special seats if they are elected or something. I'd vote for you as Supreme Chancellor Leo.

Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure if i'd want to, but thanks...:D

The # of posts would give the people that logged into the boards early on the ost advantage. that would be a bit unfair. That's why i'm thinking of the mods selecting those people.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 06:36 PM
That is a great one. The one with chancellors and Supreme Chancelors.
:obi: :yoda:
Of course I am wandering. If we did Council, would we have a Dark side too or just Light side
:emperor: :vadar: :maul:

Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 06:38 PM
I'd imagine there would only be a Light side, but if cheats or false tactics would be discussed, you could call it 'messing around with the dark side'.. :D

I intend to wait until the boards have hit the 200 member-mark before i take the idea to the mods.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 06:43 PM
I would imagine they will see this by the end of the day though. Unless they don't keep up with their own site.

Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
I'm not sure if i'd want to, but thanks...:D

The # of posts would give the people that logged into the boards early on the ost advantage. that would be a bit unfair. That's why i'm thinking of the mods selecting those people.

That's the point, the new people that come here aren't as "experienced" as the ones that were here first, and they don't deserve a spot on the council. It is only for the oldest and wisest jedi. Once someone establishes a position in the boards, he has a chance to be on the council. Of course, everyone could go to the senate meetings.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 08:49 PM
Ah yes, but I only joined today. Yet I am wise in the way of the force and have read every published novel on Star Wars.(besides Rebirth which hasn't found it's way to my bookstore yet) I had heard about this site only yesterday so I came here this afternoon and have been estatic about it ever since.

Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 09:09 PM
WEll, your on your way to becoming an upstanding member of the forum. Keep posting good posts, and stay here for a while, and you could be on th council, but no one should be on the council the day they joined, it's not like that with the jedi. One should earn a position like this, not just get stuck in on the first day.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 09:10 PM
Very True.

Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 10:50 PM
Yes, train you must padawan fergie :p

TIE who is in the Council anyways? Perhaps we should start a thread or a poll for nominations. While we are waiting for GB maybe we could organize game of AoK, that would be quite fun!

Let the voting begin! :D

Kvan
08-04-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Yes, train you must padawan fergie :p

TIE who is in the Council anyways? Perhaps we should start a thread or a poll for nominations. While we are waiting for GB maybe we could organize game of AoK, that would be quite fun!
Yeah great idea! I nominate Rommel :D ......and we all know Leon will be in the Senate! ;)

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 10:56 PM
Good Idea. Paragon_Leon wants us to wait a little while though I don't see exactly why.

Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 10:57 PM
Well, thank you! I in turn nominate Kvan and my master, TIE guy :D

Darth_Rommel
08-04-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Good Idea. Paragon_Leon wants us to wait a little while though I don't see exactly why.

He just wants to be there too supervise voting I'm sure. My opinion is that the Council, and Senate are formed as soon is posssible, so we know how it all this works when the game is released :c3po:

Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 11:13 PM
No, we're still in the "Alpha" stage with this project. Plus, you guys have to talk to Leon, this is his brainchild, not mine. I think we need some approval from the mods, and my get them to set up a senate forum, and maybe a passworded council forum. If they don that for us, and we get orgnized, we can start with teh meeting, and the nominations and junk.

Kvan
08-04-2001, 11:15 PM
Besides us all knowing Leon is gonna be in it. We all know TIE Guy HAS to be there! His posts alone should get him in! He does have good ideas.....when he posts them.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 11:27 PM
He does have good ideas.....when he posts them.

Which is all the Time 100+ posts a day... very tiering, but might be worth a shot since this is the best forum around!

Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 11:50 PM
tiering

Is that a typo or a pun :D

Anyways, i post here alot coz i got nothin to do during the summer, even though i did play golf today.

darthfergie
08-04-2001, 11:54 PM
PUN thanks for noticing... well it could have been a pun...

Sherack Nhar
08-05-2001, 11:48 AM
Gee guys, I leave for one day and there a big, three pages topic that's in the wrong forum!

FORCE MOVE TOPIC!!

Anyway, it's a pretty good idea... I have some suggestions, which many of these have already been discussed, I just want to be sure that Paragorn_Leon approves them (it's his idea after all).

- The members must be chosen by a mod.
- Any forummer may suggest an addition to the council, but he must not suggest himself.
- That one is very important: the selection of members will NOT be based on post count. Not at all. There has been spamming problems here, so the spammers have an undeniable advantage over those who only post intelligent things, but not as often. It should be based on the number or quality of the intelligent discussion topics that the forummer posted.
- Any member who do not follow the board's rules (which I will put online in the near future for everyone to see) will not be elligible(sp?) for the Senate.

Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 01:57 PM
Whoops, sorry Sherack. BTW, where'd you go for the day?

Anyways, do you think that you could get us or ask to get us a new forum set up if we decide to go ahead. I'm not sure what Leon's thinking, but i don't think we are ready or even that close. Thanks for your imput, i hope we can get this moving ahead soon.

PS: Are you calling me a spammer? j/k You know what i meant by that is that the more upstanding and "veteran" posters should be on the council, not just people that someone else likes. Maybe the mods or the existing council can vote on who gets in, after they are nominated.

Kvan
08-05-2001, 02:43 PM
Why are you "j/k" Tie? He is calling you a spammer :D
Oh BTW I don't agree with you ( Sherack) that members are selected by the mod, I think that WE should vote on who will be on the senate!

Darth_Rommel
08-05-2001, 02:45 PM
YEAH! Power to the people! j/k :D

Young David
08-05-2001, 02:51 PM
I think you should be able to make yorself candidate ... For a period of time you're status under your name will be "Counsil candidate" ... when typing this I reject it as quick, cause everyone wants to be a candidate ...

Maybe you can make yourself a webpage about it and link to it in your sig like:

Vote for me on the Jedi Counsil, find out more about me on my devoted site: youngdavid.cjb.net

Kvan
08-05-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Young David
I think you should be able to make yorself candidate ... For a period of time you're status under your name will be "Counsil candidate" ... when typing this I reject it as quick, cause everyone wants to be a candidate ...

Maybe you can make yourself a webpage about it and link to it in your sig like:

[i]Vote for me on the Jedi Counsil, find out more about me on my devoted site: youngdavid.cjb.net
I was thinking that same thing and rejected it for the exact same reason. Making a website for yourself would be cool, but if Sherack has his way we won't be voting! Down with Sherack's idea's!!:D

Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 03:49 PM
OK, here's what i AM thinking :D :

- A Senate should go active once the board is big enough; simple as that... You need a sufficient amount of members and voters to get it done, and about 50 % of registred members probably won't visit often enough to participate in it..

- Membership would be handled by being nominated first, then voted upon. It's the democratic way... :D That way, no single person could be 'blamed' for keeping someone out of the Senate if that happened AND i'm sure it would inspire us all to behave. :D

- Senators (which i believe would become an official title) could also REPRESENT other forummers. That way, people who are not part of the Senate, still have some kind of say.

I'll post a complete work-in-progress in the near future.. watch this space...

Kvan
08-05-2001, 03:54 PM
OK, here's what i AM thinking :D :

- A Senate should go active once the board is big enough; simple as that... You need a sufficient amount of members and voters to get it done, and about 50 % of registred members probably won't visit often enough to participate in it..

- Membership would be handled by being nominated first, then voted upon. It's the democratic way... :D That way, no single person could be 'blamed' for keeping someone out of the Senate if that happened AND i'm sure it would inspire us all to behave. :D

- Senators (which i believe would become an official title) could also REPRESENT other forummers. That way, people who are not part of the Senate, still have some kind of say.

I'll post a complete work-in-progress in the near future.. watch this space...
Yeah, I think you have the right idea as to how to go about it.
"i'm sure it would inspire us all to behave", Don't we behave already?!

darthfergie
08-05-2001, 03:55 PM
yes they would vote on it, but lets say over a weeks tim or so. how does that sound. that way we wouldn't leave out alot of members.:D

Kvan
08-05-2001, 03:59 PM
yes they would vote on it, but lets say over a weeks tim or so. how does that sound. that way we wouldn't leave out alot of members.:D
A week or maybe *gasp* the day the game is released! I should be able to bribe enough people by then to be able to get in the senate :D

Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 04:33 PM
hehe... bribing is of the dark side, Kvan...

and with 'behaving' i mean posting relevant instead of using up mosts posts by simply replying 'yes' or 'no' when you can do that in a longer, more to-the-point post..

darthfergie
08-05-2001, 05:27 PM
yes...

Oh sorry.:D I totaly agree though. Now I can see why they made you Mod as soon as you thought that subject up.:D

Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 05:48 PM
a longer, more to-the-point post..

are you sure that makes sense? :D

Anyways, one question. How will you decide who are the "charter" senators? Have the mods select, or you, or something else?

Oh, and another thing. Are you wanting to go ahead with the whole, council thing, or just have the senate?

Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 05:57 PM
There'd be something like a Chancellor who'd be starting weekly/monthly sessions and could guide the meeting, and there'd be the Senators.

So far that seems pretty manageable. I don't see the practical point yet of making 'higher ranking Senators'... maybe in time, when the whole thing seems to work, will we figure that out.

Senators would be nominated and then voted on with polls.

Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 06:35 PM
By "charter" i meant original. How would the original senators be voted on? Polls?

Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 06:37 PM
Yes, that too I guess.
I'm thinking of even putting Supreme Chancellor up on a poll. Some have asked me if i'm going to do it and it would be easy to do since i can use the mod-functions then, but hey, this is a democracy...

darthfergie
08-05-2001, 07:06 PM
Where would you post the Poll? Off-Topic?Where I want to know so I can exersise my right to denounce all other people beides one (vote) Paragon_Leon are you going to say no replies when we vote because all votes are confidential. Plus you didn't answer TIE Guy's question. Are we going to make a Jedi Council or not?:D

Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 07:10 PM
phew. ok, here goes one by one:

- yes, it would be in off-topic
- you have a right to denounce ? goodness. :D
- i did answer tie's question. i said that with just the Senate, things would be more manageable. which leaves out the Jedi council for now. we could always implement it later though.

darthfergie
08-05-2001, 07:17 PM
Whatever:cool:
Works for me even though it was my idea on Jedi Council, but I think your right on track. Your working out great as a mod. At least there is someone online more than me.:D

Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 09:31 PM
I wonder if we could get our own Forum. We could call it like the Senate Chamber or something. We could hold our meetings there, unless you were thinking chat. What were you thinking as far as meetings? Maybe you should contact an admin and see if we could set something up. That would be better than having that kinda stuff in the off-topic forum.

Kvan
08-05-2001, 09:35 PM
So Tie, you thinking of running for a Senator position?

Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 11:00 PM
Yes, and you probably are too. why shouldnt i want to be on the senate, it would be fun, and probably produce some interesting results. :D

Kvan
08-05-2001, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Yes, and you probably are too. why shouldnt i want to be on the senate, it would be fun, and probably produce some interesting results. :D
OH, so thats your agenda! Your not posting so much anymore because you want to be a mod or doing it to be senator! Sneaky :)

Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 11:08 PM
No, i honestly and truthfully said what i actualkly think in the other thread. I'm not lying. You don't come here just to get posts, do you. You come here to talk about GB and to have fun. I think that everyone does. It just happens that i have alot to say. :D

Kvan
08-05-2001, 11:12 PM
Well go check that other thread you were talking about. I had something to say about this.
You are one sneaky fellow!
BTW I might not run for a Senate seat. I'd rather be an "advisor" type person.

Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 11:27 PM
Well, what can you expect of a politician :D

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how many seats we should have in the senate?

Kvan
08-05-2001, 11:32 PM
Well, what can you expect of a politician :D

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how many seats we should have in the senate?
Well we are in off-topic so we can talk about anything we want :p
But if you insist, I think there should be Ten people, eleven counting the Chan. I do like the suggestion you made about having the amount of senators are determined by the amount of people, but that can get crazy real fast. Keeping it at a nice low number is better, imo

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 04:07 AM
Ten probably will be the STARTING number of seats.
I reckon that for every 20-25 members, there should be 1 senate seat. If it gets bigger, we can always expand..

And yeah, a separate forum for the Senate would be easiest.
That way we could have 1 separate thread with suggestions for the meeting, and another for the actual meetings themselves.

Lord JayVizIon
08-06-2001, 04:34 AM
can someone tell me about the senate thingy? i have NOT followed this thread at all, so i'm not sure who the 20-25 people you are referring to are.

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 05:49 AM
I'm suggesting that for every 20-25 members on these boards, we should have 1 Senate-seat. It's simply a way of structuring the whole thing.. Happy reading; if you want to get up-to-speed on the Senate-thingy, i suggest you read the entire thread..

.....all 79 posts.... :D :D

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 08:46 AM
We should go by Star Wars in the Senate seat buisness. Lets try New Republic for a second here and think. They had a main senate (people of the forum) then they had the advisory Council with the chief of state at their head. I think there are about 12 members in the advisory council, but I can't think right now. So if anybody knows how many members. POST IT!!

Sherack Nhar
08-06-2001, 11:50 AM
*reads feedback*
I didn't know I was so hated on this board :eyeraise:

Tie Guy, I didn't call you a spammer. I didn't want to at all, sorry for the confusion.

If we are to let the people vote, then there's a risk that people will be voting for their best friend. But if you want to do it that way, it's okay - it's Paragorn_Leon's project after all ;)

Soooooo... on the number of senator issue... I guess that one seat for 25 people is fine.

Here another suggestion (hoping that you will consider it after my last post...)
Maybe we culd let the people vote for the Senators... and then, let the chosen Senators elect their own Chief of State (or Supreme Chancellor, whatever the name).

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 12:15 PM
All right! Leon heres where you signature goes...:D

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 12:19 PM
hehe... why do i get the feeling i'm being rushed ?!? :D

look, i'll come with a full-fledged proposal with all the workings written out later on. Possibly friday, definitely saturday. By then i expect the boards to have grown to about 200 members and we'll be able to figure out what to do with the voting issue.

It's really ok if people would simply wanna vote for their best friend.. they can vote once in a poll anyway.

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 12:23 PM
We are getting members all the time. Why right now someone has just joined up. 136 members. We need to establish the Senate forum first THEN we go with the voting so it can all be organized:D

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 12:28 PM
well, i only posted the very first proposal four days ago..

tell you what, i'll talk it over with the webmaster and see if things can be sped up a little, alright ?

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 01:06 PM
YEAH!!!
Okay enough of that, I'm perfectly sane...
This is great. I don't mind it being set up later, but do set your sites on 200. How about 150. We are at 130 something now with a few people coming on to the boards each day so it will take a little while.:D

Kvan
08-06-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
*reads feedback*
I didn't know I was so hated on this board :eyeraise:

Tie Guy, I didn't call you a spammer. I didn't want to at all, sorry for the confusion.

If we are to let the people vote, then there's a risk that people will be voting for their best friend. But if you want to do it that way, it's okay - it's Paragorn_Leon's project after all ;)

Soooooo... on the number of senator issue... I guess that one seat for 25 people is fine.

Here another suggestion (hoping that you will consider it after my last post...)
Maybe we culd let the people vote for the Senators... and then, let the chosen Senators elect their own Chief of State (or Supreme Chancellor, whatever the name).
But Sherack we could say the same things about the mods, what if you guys only voted for your friends? I mean even though you are a mod I'm sure there are people you like, and you would put them on the board. Having a vote means everyone gets a say not just a few. Meaning there it is less likely that a person would get on the Senate just because he has "friends".
I was thinking 10 to keep it low, but you guys are the mods and if you think a higher number is ok then, ok.
As to people not liking you....didn't you know that? :D

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 01:52 PM
Kvan may have a point. At the start we might want to keep it to 10 because there isn't exactly 1000 people on this site. (and plus a poll can only hold ten so when we do supreme councilor we don't have to go into 2 polls or stuff like that)

Kvan
08-06-2001, 01:57 PM
Kvan may have a point. At the start we might want to keep it to 10 because there isn't exactly 1000 people on this site. (and plus a poll can only hold ten so when we do supreme councilor we don't have to go into 2 polls or stuff like that)
Hey....yeah.....I do have a point, don't I? Thanks for pointing it out :)

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 02:08 PM
your welcome oh Mechanized one:D

Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 04:11 PM
With every 100 new visitors we add 5 new senators ;)

Kvan
08-06-2001, 04:15 PM
With every 100 new visitors we add 5 new senators ;)
I'd prefer to wait and see how many people are gonna show. If I were you I'd put it at for every 100 you get 1 senator....that is if I was going your way, which I'm not, I like my way better :P
I think we should wait till the game is at least released! Not even 90% of the people are here yet! Plus I haven't rallied my support for me yet!

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 04:18 PM
if people read your posts and can conclude you'd make a great Senator, you wouldn't even HAVE to rally support, Kvan.
:D :D

It was too good to pass..

Kvan
08-06-2001, 04:20 PM
if people read your posts and can conclude you'd make a great Senator, you wouldn't even HAVE to rally support, Kvan.
:D :D

It was too good to pass..
OH! See! See how mean Leon is! I wasn't doing anything and he comes and puts me down! I think I'm gonna cry :(
;)

Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 04:21 PM
Ouch! Burn!! :laughing:

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 04:30 PM
ahem...

if you read the guidelines to the boards, Rommel, that kind of post deserves deleting.
I won't for now, but it seems that there's some 'testing' as to how far i'd go..

Not far. simple as that. These boards are the priority and if they're not attractive to read for people who come here, then there's something wrong.
if you want to vent something, send a pm. that way there's no post-wasting on the boards.
and please be courteous people.. let's show that we only want to destroy each other in the game, ok ? :D

Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 04:31 PM
Oh come on Leon, I was joking! :( I deleted it anyways :angel: am i forgiven?

Yes you are.. (posted like this so it doesn't waste ANOTHER post) :cool:

Ahhh!!!!!! He did it again! :(

Kvan
08-06-2001, 04:52 PM
Leon what did he say? PM if you could.

Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 04:54 PM
I called him mean... now let's forget about it you nosey person! (j/k:D )

AHEM !!!

Won't happen again sir! :sweat: He's watching me :(

Kvan
08-06-2001, 04:58 PM
OOOOO, Could you do that cool thing with the dark letters in one of my posts?Please? :D
Anyway, I'll pm you Rommel to see what you said.
Leon, when do you see the Senate being formed?

Soon, my young apprentice... soon.... (kidding) I'll simply reply.

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 05:00 PM
I'm waiting on the 200 members-mark, and by that time all procedures on voting / structure will be set. I'm gunning for a separate forum on this..

Kvan
08-06-2001, 05:09 PM
I'm waiting on the 200 members-mark, and by that time all procedures on voting / structure will be set. I'm gunning for a separate forum on this..
Definitely make a new forum for it. You really think that early (2oo mark)? You'd want to set up the forum as soon as you can so people can talk about who to vote for and all that stuff

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 05:13 PM
I'm going to run away in terror:eek:
People being attacked in the dark recesses of the forum by the evil black letters.:D
But seriously like I said ealier we can wait a while BUT NOT UNITL THE GAME COMES OUT. We want to have a stong unified senate by then one that works well together and knows what they are doing. By the time GB comes out our Senate SHOULD be ready not just being established. If it goes that way we would lose a little interest because people start coming with questions about the game and we don't have a clue. So I say we start maybe sometime this month. DarthFergie has spoken...

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 05:17 PM
Dark stuff indeed, fergie...

now people, we want as many folks as possible to read about the Senate-thing so they'll vote... could we keep this thread clean now please ?
(that means not replying if you simply want to say 'yes' or something slightly more elaborate) Thank you..

Kvan
08-06-2001, 05:22 PM
Well like I said, I think starting the forum as soon as possible and then vote the day or day before the game comes out. That way
1. People get used to the forum and get to know the people who are running.
2. Voting, say, the day before it comes out gets people more exicted about the release. And gets them more involved.

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 05:24 PM
You'd have to have SOME Senators in place already though.

So far i'm leaning towards having 5 senator posts and one chancellor / mod type person who are all (or partly ?!) voted on..
Then when the game comes out, we can expand to maybe 10, even 20 Senators.

TheJackal_jk2
08-06-2001, 05:25 PM
I dont know why I didn't see this thread (even though it has very populor)

But in reply to this post:
Originally posted by edwardc87
why don't we have Paragon_Leon as the Supreme Chancellor. he was the one who though of it!

I'm sorry that cannot happen. Since I AM EVIL! :evil1: that should make me the automatic ruler of the senate. And then right after I'll destroy it and become the one and only ruler of the forums!

:evil5:

Kvan
08-06-2001, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by TheJackal
I dont know why I didn't see this thread (even though it has very populor)

But in reply to this post:

I'm sorry that cannot happen. Since I AM EVIL! (:evil1:) that should make me the automatic ruler of the senate. And then right after I'll destroy it and become the one and only ruler of the forums!

:evil5:humor... don't you love it..
Eh? I don't believe that I've had the "pleasure" of talking to you Jackal. Hiya!
Anyway, I think the Chan. should be voted on just like in the movies by the Senators.

TheJackal_jk2
08-06-2001, 05:32 PM
Hey.

Yeah I've been busy lately.

And NOTE: I am a "Super Moderator" also know as an Admiral around these forums. So behave. But if anybody reports what I said. OFF WITH YOUR HEADS!

ta!

:D

Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 05:33 PM
THAT's evil, folks.
don't you love me more now ? :D :D :D

Kvan
08-06-2001, 05:35 PM
Leon.....he scares me....
Anyway, Leon you think that the Chan. should be a mod? Why? I think maybe he could only have power in the "senate chamber"?

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 05:40 PM
Deffinatly. Like Leon has power on these forums only. Good thinking on that one. That means Leon gets 4 areas to run. Oh sorry said to much...:D

Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 07:56 PM
I wonder if the forum should be passworded. That way, only sentators could post, but everyone could read it. And, the chancellor should be whoever is voted the Chancellor, although i wouldn't doubt it if that was Leon.

Oh, and Leon, i always loved you :D (even when your wrong)

Kvan
08-06-2001, 08:20 PM
I wonder if the forum should be passworded. That way, only sentators could post, but everyone could read it. And, the chancellor should be whoever is voted the Chancellor, although i wouldn't doubt it if that was Leon.

Oh, and Leon, i always loved you :D (even when your wrong)
I don't know, leon has a lot on his hands as it is. I think a person with not so much responsiblity already should be Chan.
Kissing up again tie? ;)

Sherack Nhar
08-06-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by TheJackal
And NOTE: I am a "Super Moderator" also know as an Admiral around these forums. So behave. But if anybody reports what I said. OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! :D

AH! Then I guess that I'm a Super-Moderator too! Don't worry guys, I'll hold him off while Paragorn_Leon takes control of the Senate. Go!! :D

Now if I can be serious for a minute... (eheh)

I approve Tie Guy's idea. Regular forummers must not be able to post in the Senate Forum, but they can still view the topics. Great idea!

Now, what's the next step? Here we are, talking about how great this idea would be, but we're not advancing. Surely there's something we can do while waiting for the 200 member mark that Leon loves so much :D

EDIT: Fear the typos...

Kvan
08-06-2001, 08:31 PM
So, i'm all confused....what is the official rules of the Senate? Could one of you mods post whats officially going on?
BTW Who gave jackal mod powers?

Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

I don't know, leon has a lot on his hands as it is. I think a person with not so much responsiblity already should be Chan.
Kissing up again tie? ;)

Nope, i'm just joking with him coz we normally disagree on stuff.

Leo said that he was going to have an official proposal by Saturday. All we can do until then is just discuss the small issues.

Alos, i think we should be talking about what it is actually that we are going to do. Any ideas?

Darth Vader
08-06-2001, 08:42 PM
Well, thank you! I in turn nominate Kvan and >my master, TIE guy< :D When you joined the Empire you accepted me as your master, Rommel.

Kvan
08-06-2001, 08:43 PM

Nope, i'm just joking with him coz we normally disagree on stuff.

Leo said that he was going to have an official proposal by Saturday. All we can do until then is just discuss the small issues.

Alos, i think we should be talking about what it is actually that we are going to do. Any ideas?
No, we don't disagree :D
Do you think we *ahem* they will discuss when to host Tournaments?
Why would Rommel serve some one who is Bantha fodder?:D

Sherack Nhar
08-06-2001, 09:01 PM
BTW Who gave jackal mod powers?

He's been in the staff longer than me, but AFAIK, he designed the forum graphics for this site.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Jackal.

Kvan
08-06-2001, 09:04 PM

He's been in the staff longer than me, but AFAIK, he designed the forum graphics for this site.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Jackal.
Whats AFAIK?
Please don't bring him here.

Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 09:06 PM
Scary guy (;) ) and Vader, I serve TIE guy and TIE guy alone, understand? ;)

Kvan
08-06-2001, 09:16 PM
Scary guy (;) ) and Vader, I serve TIE guy and TIE guy alone, understand? ;)
Gee rommel, how many people have you "served". i guess you get around :D

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 09:29 PM
A Vader look alike if you ask me. BECAUSE I AM THE REAL LORD VADER!!!!:D
Well maybe not but I like to think I am. and no I am not insane.(before you write it)

Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 09:35 PM
You are insane :D

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 09:40 PM
Thank You Rommel:snear:

Kvan
08-06-2001, 09:43 PM
You are insane :D
Your three word sentences are coming back rommel. :D
Back on topic; do you think we are going to have "Clans" here (maybe call them Regions or Worlds), that maybe the Senate can handle? And maybe the "Regions or Worlds" can be have a different title name (that title would have a World name), Like the "World of Tatooine". And the Senator can represent there World. What do you think?

Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 09:46 PM
How would the senator decide on his world though? :confused:

Kvan
08-06-2001, 09:49 PM
Well *I* like the idea that the positions (ie Senator of Naboo) , would be filled by having the MODS put the people that we have selected into them, so if there is an argument on who wants what world we can blame the mods :D

Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 09:51 PM
Mods are good, good people who work hard at what they do. Shame on you Kvan! Support the mods don't work against them, help them to do there job better...

j/k

Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 09:58 PM
Right, now can we get back on topic?

We've had 1 good suggestion so far, and that was that the senate could set up matches and things.

Any others? and please stay on topic here, if not everywhere.

Kvan
08-06-2001, 09:59 PM
Just so people know I edited my above post so hopefully it makes more sense...go read it again :D

darthfergie
08-06-2001, 10:03 PM
I think Kvan has the right Idea there about thoose clans exept for the Mods. We should set up like 10 or 15 clans. Each should have 10 people running on each so we have certain candidates for each region. And we will urge people not to vote for the same candidate in different areas.:cool:

Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 10:11 PM
I think that there will only be 5 or 10 senate chairs at the moment, and i don't think that there are more than 10 or 15 people that are regulars who could possibly hold a seat. We couldn't possibly have 150 people running, we don't even have that many! We only need like 10 or 15 running, and i just said why.

Kvan
08-06-2001, 11:18 PM
Yeah I agree that there should only be 10 or senators/clans (I'd prefer to call them Worlds :) ). We don't want to make it too big yet. For the same reasons that Tie said (We agreed on something :D )

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 04:43 AM
just to let you people know; i'll be cleaning up this thread a bit here and there so that it feels like a discussion instead of a chat..:D

TS_Y0DA
08-07-2001, 06:14 AM
I just finished reading this whole thread and it sounds like a good idea.

I am already part of an AOE:TC clan called TS

TS = The Siths

We have about 40 members so maybe we could get a representative in the senate to put our clans view points forward.

http://www.thetsclan.cjb.net :)

Tie Guy
08-07-2001, 09:54 AM
I don't think we are going to make this inot a clan. It is just a way to get things done on the message board and to organize matches and other chats and threads....maybe. (We're not completely sure yet :D)

I can just see our clan though, PP= Powerfull Politicians :D

darthfergie
08-07-2001, 09:57 AM
The thing is. In our clans who are our folowers. Will they get in it. Unfortunatly I now think that we must have 5-8 senate seats because our following wouldn't be to greatly big at the start.:cool:
TIE Guy--powerful politicians
Me---Sith Lords

:vadar: :emperor: vader and the emporor back me:D

Sherack Nhar
08-07-2001, 12:21 PM
Kvan, AFAIK means As Far As I Know.

I'm not sure if I like this World idea... what purpose would it serves?

Wraith 5
08-07-2001, 01:17 PM
OK I read though this whole topic and i am totaly lost....

What will this senate really do.

I like the idea of the senate fourm being read only to the normal people.

Who will be voting on the senators... The mod's, the people, or will the people put up nomanations and then the mod's would cast the vote.

I have more ideas in my head, but before i put them down i think you have to figure out just what this senate is going to do. That is the most important thing before you form this senate.

darthfergie
08-07-2001, 01:32 PM
hmmm it will solve debates. and basically be the info authority. You basically become what Leon is...a mod. I think they are saying the people vote on it so far. The Senate does all sorts of other stuff...what we're not interily sure yet...LEON!!!! Where are you when he people need you?:D

Oh yes and welcome Wraith 5 to the wanderous world of GB forums.

Sherack Nhar the purpose of worlds is...is...ask Kvan:D

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 02:23 PM
I'm eating and getting on with my life, that's where i'm going from time to time... :D

My initial idea for a Senate (but it has changed over time in this thread) is, in a nutshell:

having a select group of Senators (nominated and voted upon by forum-members), with a Chancellor at the head (probably (?) a mod to ensure he can actually have practical 'steering powers').

This group meets in a separate forum once every week / every other week / every month / whatever-as-long-as-it's-regularly to discuss the following:

- discuss matches played between forum members
- write out tournaments
- discuss cheating-issues (a spin on 'taxation of trade routes, eh ? :D )
- discuss happenings in the other forums where certain members were involved.

Basically it's a gathering to put some official gaming-weight to these forums, keep people involved in it and even discuss things like cheating or certain below-the-belt-strategies in public without the endless word-arguments.
Plus, it's going to liven things up a lot in my mind. :D

A Senate-meeting would have a set agenda, voted upon beforehand, and Senators would only be allowed a certain number of posts per meeting to ensure that it actually makes sense.

I'm right now writing a complete fleshed out proposal with all the feedback from this thread in mind and will post that in the weekend. By that time i might know more about a separate forum / other possibilities.

Tie Guy
08-07-2001, 02:34 PM
Hmm, i posted this in another forum but i will put it here coz it has to do with this.

If you look at all the polls we only have about 15 or les votes each. Is that really enough to elect 5 or so different people. Also, 6 or so of those votes come from people that would be nominated, so thats' even less than 15. more like 9 or 10 unless you wan to let the condidates vote. U propse that wee have the people nominate the candidates and then the mods select them. This is their forum, and we're lucky that they are letting us do this (even though i don't see anything that would be objectionable). Don't you think that they should at least have some say in this?

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 02:39 PM
i'd imagine mods have a veto-kind of vote in things like that.

in no way is the Senate designed to interfere with moderating the board. it's not like some internal coup d'etat.. o wait, that did happen in the movies... :D

I've stated time and time again that i wanted to wait until we had hit the 200 member-mark to even get a full proposal on the table, but some were too impatient.. :p

My guess is that we'd start out with 5 Senators. And maybe there's an option that can get a private message out to every single forum-member, pointing them to a vote. I'll have to talk to chris about that.

Almost anything is possible, folks.. i have a dream...

Sherack Nhar
08-07-2001, 02:40 PM
I'm right now writing a complete fleshed out proposal with all the feedback from this thread in mind and will post that in the weekend. By that time i might know more about a separate forum / other possibilities.
Yup, get working on that document, Leon, because I've got good news. I've talked to Chris about this senate thing, and so far he says it sounds good. The separate forum will be possible (with the senator-only posting / everyone can view it). He's waiting on a official proposal from your part before we really get things moving. I told him that you wouldn't send it to him before we reach the 200-members mark, so no worries there.

Darth_Rommel
08-07-2001, 02:42 PM
hmmm... This dream is quickly becoming reality. A quick question: will all the mods automatically get a seat?

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 02:43 PM
thanks Sherack.
so people; if you really want to speed this up, start recruiting forum members ! hehe... i already did in the heavengames aok forum..

Kvan
08-07-2001, 02:59 PM
So Leon, what do you think about my idea of "worlds/clans"?

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 03:06 PM
Kvan,

i think clans would make a better thing to be represented. Clans are existing groups, already active in gaming and it might even help create some new ones exclusive to these boards or even beyond..

The problem with being 'world'-senators is the same as with Avatars.. once one is taken, someone else is upset. it shouldn't be 'first come, first served..'
Maybe in time will we give some official extensions to Senator-titles that incorporate idea's. Right now Senators for clans seems like a great idea. Look for it in the whole proposal..
thanks for the input !

Tie Guy
08-07-2001, 03:08 PM
It always has to come back to that, doesn't it Kvan? :D

Anyway, i've already gotten some people from RS.net here, and i don't go anywhere else, so i can't really recruit. Sorry, i would if i could.

Oh, and Rommel, you'll have to ask Leo, but i think that this will be the people's senate, a democracy. The Mods already have enough power, they don't need any more. :D Of course, they could probably post in it if they wantec too, but they won't get a "seat"......i don't think.

Sherack Nhar
08-07-2001, 03:10 PM
A quick question: will all the mods automatically get a seat?
No, because this Senate will not have anything to do will moderating. In fact, I hope that the mod WILL be able to get a seat, as I'd like to be part of it myself (as a GB player, not a mod)...

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 03:10 PM
...unless i'd become Chancellor...

Kvan
08-07-2001, 03:11 PM
It always has to come back to that, doesn't it Kvan? :D

Anyway, i've already gotten some people from RS.net here, and i don't go anywhere else, so i can't really recruit. Sorry, i would if i could.

Oh, and Rommel, you'll have to ask Leo, but i think that this will be the people's senate, a democracy. The Mods already have enough power, they don't need any more. :D Of course, they could probably post in it if they wantec too, but they won't get a "seat"......i don't think.
Hey I just wanted to see if my input meant anything to anyone, thats all :D
Hey Rommel I don't think that the mods should/would have a seat, this is all about US! If they get involved too much why even have a Senate then?

Kvan
08-07-2001, 03:13 PM

No, because this Senate will not have anything to do will moderating. In fact, I hope that the mod WILL be able to get a seat, as I'd like to be part of it myself (as a GB player, not a mod)...
Tell you what, if I get a seat (which we all know if slim to none) I'll give you my seat and you give me your mod powers?

Darth_Rommel
So no mods. allowed...

Paragon_Leon
In all honesty, i think there SHOULD be a mod to keep an eye on how many posts one Senator does during a meeting, if things go o.k. and there's no spamming / calling names / whatever..

It IS a people's forum, it's just that the ones at the top would have to be able to control it with authority.

Tie Guy
08-07-2001, 03:14 PM

Soory for the confusion, it's not like i don't want you on the senate. :D

I just meant that mods won't get an "automatic" seat in the senate. If you want to join i have no problem with that, and i don't think Leo will either, as he's a mod too :D

Darth_Rommel
08-07-2001, 03:14 PM
But we don't have any spammers here!

Kvan
08-07-2001, 03:17 PM
In all honesty, i think there SHOULD be a mod to keep an eye on how many posts one Senator does during a meeting, if things go o.k. and there's no spamming / calling names / whatever..

It IS a people's forum, it's just that the ones at the top would have to be able to control it with authority.
But won't the Chan. have power like a MOD only on the Senate Forum? So he is there to make sure everyone behaves

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 03:43 PM
Exactly. that's the whole idea. The Chancellor would function as a mod for the Senate-meetings. The Senators would do the actual talking. Remember the Senate meeting in Ep 1 ? All Valorum did was give people the opportunity to speak and ask them if they agreed on something. Oh, and he officially announced any motions to make it official.
I'm thinking of doing that, so you can do most of the talking.. :D

Wraith 5
08-07-2001, 03:44 PM
Kvan I was just thinking the samething!!!

Why not make the head person a mod that can only mod that fourm.

Also the world has been spered at XWA.net by Aristotle

And just to make sure i have this clear. The Senate will be the gaming rule body of this fourm.

Tie Guy
08-07-2001, 03:49 PM
That's pretty much it.

And Leon, the Supreme Chancellor would do alot of talking too, otherwise having one or being one is useless. Everyone has to have a say in the senate, isn't that what it's about. The Chancellor could just keep the peace also.

Kvan
08-07-2001, 03:50 PM
Exactly. that's the whole idea. The Chancellor would function as a mod for the Senate-meetings. The Senators would do the actual talking. Remember the Senate meeting in Ep 1 ? All Valorum did was give people the opportunity to speak and ask them if they agreed on something. Oh, and he officially announced any motions to make it official.
I'm thinking of doing that, so you can do most of the talking.. :D
Hiya Wraith never talked to you before! :D
Leon, I think that Sherack would be better for the position, he is nice! Or Chris, he's nice too, but he probably has to much to do ;)
Really though, *I* would have the senators elect a Chan. be it JUST from the mods or not..

....oh your nice too Leon :)

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 03:56 PM
Of course he'd talk too... it's just that his main goal would be to keep the Senate in one piece, have meetings go orderly and have AUTHORITY by being able to correct or even ban wrong-doers.

oh Kvan, glad i'm nice.. :D :D

i'm seriously considering that chancellor-ship... would you think it's a good idea to make it a position that serves for a certain term ? Like, say, half a year ? Then there could be elections for a new Chancellor.... a strong chanchellor... one who won't let.. o. sorry. got carried away there. ;)

darthfergie
08-07-2001, 03:58 PM
People elect 5 senators. The 5 senators elect 1 Chancellor who then becomes Mod over that forum. So how do we make ourselves candidates.(#5 poster speaking:D )

Kvan
08-07-2001, 04:00 PM
Of course he'd talk too... it's just that his main goal would be to keep the Senate in one piece, have meetings go orderly and have AUTHORITY by being able to correct or even ban wrong-doers.

oh Kvan, glad i'm nice.. :D :D

i'm seriously considering that chancellor-ship... would you think it's a good idea to make it a position that serves for a certain term ? Like, say, half a year ? Then there could be elections for a new Chancellor.... a strong chanchellor... one who won't let.. o. sorry. got carried away there. ;)
Yeah thats a good idea, maybe you serve the first term just because , and the next Chan. has to be voted on. Good idea

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 04:03 PM
erm... actually, it's still my proposal..
let's not get carried away too quickly, ok ?? :D
I reckon that with a set Chancellor (who basically moderates and CAN be voted out after his first term) and nominated-and-voted-upon Senators, 5 at first, there's the best basis to get going.

oh, and i was talking to fergie here, not Kvan (but thanks, Kvan)

Sherack Nhar
08-07-2001, 04:04 PM
Leon, I think that Sherack would be better for the position, he is nice! That's so nice Kvan, thanks! :)

Let's not decide on a chancellor right now. I thought we agreed that we'd let the senators decide on their leader??

Leon, in addition to the "time-limit", we'd let the senators the possibility to pass a vote of no-confidence if they're unhappy with the Chancellor's behavior, just like Amidala did in TPM!

darthfergie
08-07-2001, 04:06 PM
Allright!!!! That means when Leon starts going berserk we can vote him off:D :D :D

What is up with ranking? Wampa to Jawa? strange:confused:

Kvan
08-07-2001, 04:07 PM
That's so nice Kvan, thanks! :)

Let's not decide on a chancellor right now. I thought we agreed that we'd let the senators decide on their leader??

Leon, in addition to the "time-limit", we'd let the senators the possibility to pass a vote of no-confidence if they're unhappy with the Chancellor's behavior, just like Amidala did in TPM!
oooo....yeah I never thought of that. What would it have to be, 3/4 and the Chan. is gone?

Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 04:08 PM
but i won't go berserk so it'll be a blatant power-grab by one of you, there for all to see.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

the vote of no confidence is intrigueing to say the least. I'll have to give it some serious thought.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-12-2001, 10:27 PM
hey, id love to be a senator! :D
What about this idea:
How about each senator is in charge of a type of tactics or something, like one senator could be in charge of attack tactics and another defense, of senators could be for different races. Perhaps senators could have underlings that would report in on new ideas. Well what do you think? :D

Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 03:41 AM
Nice suggestion.
The 'underlings'-concept was already part of the first draft..
I'm relieved that i didn't post it already and started polling on it.. that would have cost me a LOT of work..

As far as tactics go; i'm pretty sure most people will be able to give their input on tactics.. maybe it's a good idea to post profiles on certain Senators ? Stating how they're experts in certain fields ? That way, anybody can contribute on tactics, but a few will be publicly known as experts on it.

darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:31 AM
When are you going to post that??? When they get the new senate Forum up???

Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 01:04 PM
i'm thinking of letting the whole sub-skin 'mod-bashing' thing subside a bit.. there's so much reference to certain remarks now that i feel it would keep surfacing again and again in the forming of the Senate.. and we had the setback in registrants; that could take a week to 'heal'.. I'll try and post the first draft before wednesday though, since i know you're anxious to read it...

take care

darthfergie
08-13-2001, 01:08 PM
Thank you:angel:

darthfergie
08-14-2001, 01:47 AM
We are down to 149 memebers from 166 members when the server blew. It will be a while...:o

Kvan
08-14-2001, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by thrawn12786
hey, id love to be a senator! :D
What about this idea:
How about each senator is in charge of a type of tactics or something, like one senator could be in charge of attack tactics and another defense, of senators could be for different races. Perhaps senators could have underlings that would report in on new ideas. Well what do you think? :D
Good ideas thrawn. It's too bad you didn't get to see the WHOLE thread :( BTW good luck in becoming a Senator :)
Leon, bash, bash, bash ;)
Fergie, I hope that another preview will come out. Maybe it will stir interest in the game somemore?

darthfergie
08-14-2001, 08:32 AM
http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/coruscant/light/large/coruscantgalacticsenate.html

Our Senate Chamber:D

And this expresses my thought over the Senate
http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/coruscant/light/large/votenowL.html

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 05:03 PM
Is there a planned date to present the first draft for inquiries and feedback yet, or are we all just going to wait for a while? I say the sooner the better! :D

Tie Guy
08-15-2001, 09:11 PM
Leon is gonna put one out in a little while. I think that he is gonna wait until there are 200 or so members. We an just wait till it comes out.

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 10:55 PM
I was thinking and I had this idea that Mods shouldn't be Senators. They need to devote their utmost to the Senate not to Galactic Discussion where somebody posted "I agree". The only mod the Senate will have is the Chancellor. And he will be mod only over the Senate NOTHING ELSE. So if Leon takes Chan. (which I have no doubt will happen because he has the most experiance) He MUST step down from the Galactic BattleGround discussions. Also it will keep the Senator from having too much power on this site. Power to the PEOPLE!!! I should like to run for Senate of this site. I will devote my time and effort to this site because it is the best place for SW and strategy fans (of which I am both) to come.:vadar:

Kvan
08-15-2001, 11:00 PM
I was thinking and I had this idea that Mods shouldn't be Senators. They need to devote their utmost to the Senate not to Galactic Discussion where somebody posted "I agree". The only mod the Senate will have is the Chancellor. And he will be mod only over the Senate NOTHING ELSE. So if Leon takes Chan. (which I have no doubt will happen because he has the most experiance) He MUST step down from the Galactic BattleGround discussions. Also it will keep the Senator from having too much power on this site. Power to the PEOPLE!!! I should like to run for Senate of this site. I will devote my time and effort to this site because it is the best place for SW and strategy fans (of which I am both) to come.:vadar:
Yeah, I don't think MODS should be Senators (execpt Sherack ;) )
They have enough to do as it is. Plus I see it as, this is a chance for people who aren't going to be MODs to feel "special" and a part of something.

Tie Guy
08-15-2001, 11:00 PM
Why should Leon step down as a mod if he is the chancellor? He already has the power, the only difference would be the title. He would be able to do the senate stuff and be a mod very easily. It's not like this is some huge job that requires full attention.

One problem we will have is getting everyone online at the same time.

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 11:04 PM
Leon would step down as mod of Galactic Disscussion, Off-Topic, and Developers forums and accept the Chancellory of the Senate. Simply stated. He would rule over the Senate while other delt with the Galactic Battles area. We would still post there. All the time, but the Senators would look to the Senate Forum first.

Kvan
08-15-2001, 11:09 PM
Why should Leon step down as a mod if he is the chancellor? He already has the power, the only difference would be the title. He would be able to do the senate stuff and be a mod very easily. It's not like this is some huge job that requires full attention.

One problem we will have is getting everyone online at the same time.
Well hopefully when Leon comes out with all the rules, he'll have a set time when they meet (maybe two times) so if people can't make it, then I guess they won't last long as a senator..
It's actually really not that hard if people don't show, it's a MB, the messages will be there when they can get on.

Tie Guy
08-15-2001, 11:17 PM
yeah, but that doesn't make for good debate, maybe we can all agree on a time that suits everybody. Maybe that should a topic for the first meeting, setting up times for the other meetings.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 11:47 PM
Leon is gonna put one out in a little while. I think that he is gonna wait until there are 200 or so members. We an just wait till it comes out.
200!!! How many do we have now?

darthfergie
08-16-2001, 12:08 AM
156 member at this time. We had 166 beforethe server crashed.:o

Boba Rhett
08-16-2001, 12:27 AM
How many would we be up to if the server hadn't crashed? Around 175-180?

darthfergie
08-16-2001, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
How many would we be up to if the server hadn't crashed? Around 175-180?

Maybe more. People ad about that probably weren't happy and ran away permenantly.:(

Sherack Nhar
08-16-2001, 01:48 PM

Yeah, I don't think MODS should be Senators (execpt Sherack ;) )
They have enough to do as it is. Plus I see it as, this is a chance for people who aren't going to be MODs to feel "special" and a part of something. You really like me do you :D

I say chances are equal to everybody. I don't see why mods shouldn't be able to become senators, as it's a completely different job. It's like saying that a musician can't be a poet in his free time.

As far as the Chancellor is concerned, that depends on what role it will play in the senate (that is up to Leon to decide).

As for me, I don't think I'll run for senator after all... with the launch of LucasConsoles.com approaching fast, and school starting the 29th, I'll have my hands full.

Tie Guy
08-16-2001, 05:01 PM
Buy i'm in school, and i still devote a big portion of my time here. Of course, i don't have a major website to help put up.......but you still still run, it wouldn't take up that much time.

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 02:13 AM
172 members so LEON PUT UP THE DRAFT NOW!!!!
I had to remind you or else we'll be at 300 before you do it

Kvan
08-19-2001, 01:09 PM
172 members so LEON PUT UP THE DRAFT NOW!!!!
I had to remind you or else we'll be at 300 before you do it
Leon's not here. No one knows where he is....I think aliens took him and are probing him....:D

Clefo
08-19-2001, 01:22 PM
Leon might be dead *gasp*

I haven't been commenting on this since it started during my book frenzy. But I think its a grand idea. Maybe it could consist of the top 15 or so posters..

Kvan
08-19-2001, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
Leon might be dead *gasp*

I haven't been commenting on this since it started during my book frenzy. But I think its a grand idea. Maybe it could consist of the top 15 or so posters..
Yeah, well I think at this point we are just awaiting word from Leon. Last time I heard it was gonna be like 10 or 15 but I'm not sure anymore..

Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 01:32 PM
We've had that discussion before i think, and we decided that it couldn't be like that coz it could lead to spamming. Also, i think that there are only gonna be 7 senators, which includes the chancellor.

Sherack Nhar
08-19-2001, 01:42 PM
Leon is away at a music festival. He'll be back today (Sunday).

Kvan
08-19-2001, 01:45 PM
Hey, i know he was at the Fevlo (sp) festival :)
So Tie it was decided that there is only going to be 6 senators? :eek:

Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 01:58 PM
well, not officially, but i think that's what we all had agreed on.

Kvan
08-19-2001, 02:02 PM
well, not officially, but i think that's what we all had agreed on.
Strange I don't remember agreeing on anything....;)

Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 02:04 PM
maybe you were at a music festival when we dissucssed it :D

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 05:12 PM
Hey, i know he was at the Fevlo (sp) festival :)
So Tie it was decided that there is only going to be 6 senators? :eek:

7 including the Chan. One for each civ and then the chan to bring them all together in harmony (and no they don't specifically represent the civ. and they arn't from clans:p ) Go back and see that it was unofficially decided, but we'll just have to see what Leon does. HE HAD BETTER RELEASE THAT ROUGH DRAFT TODAY!!!

Clefo
08-19-2001, 05:14 PM
Hm fat chance. Don't trust people who promise you with updates instead of just updating

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 05:28 PM
True...true. LEON THAT UPDATE WAS SUPOSED TO BE LAST WED. AT THE LATEST YOU SAID!!!! your really letting us down...taking off for a week and leaving us here...alone...with 150+ members You could have taken us to DutchStock with you (Fevlo???):D :D :D

Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 05:35 PM
How long is that festival anyways? He should be back pretty soon i suppose.

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 05:39 PM
Leon is away at a music festival. He'll be back today (Sunday).

Please look TIE Guy:D

Now you all know that basic school rule you learned in elementary " look before you post ":D

Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 05:59 PM
Oh, it's on another page, so i didn't see it. I always just read from my last post on.

Anyways, he hasn't posted today yet, i wonder what time he is getting back.

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 06:04 PM
Oh, it's on another page, so i didn't see it. I always just read from my last post on.

Anyways, he hasn't posted today yet, i wonder what time he is getting back.

probably close to 11:00 at night oh wait...that might be right now...Having a good time at Dutchstock I guess he just passed out in the field where it was being held and forgot to come back today...I might happen...when whales fly *LoL*...crap whales do fly...

Sherack Nhar
08-19-2001, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
Hm fat chance. Don't trust people who promise you with updates instead of just updating

*hides in a corner and goes back to working on the Community Policies that he promised to be released last week*

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 06:49 PM

*hides in a corner and goes back to working on the Community Policies that he promised to be released last week*

ARRRRGGG!!!!
I forgot about that, too. (or else I would have been yelling at you too;) ) I guess we all got confused because of Bill Thrawn...:mad:

Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 07:10 PM
He probably got really drunk and forgot where he lives. :D

Kvan
08-19-2001, 08:21 PM

Gee, I wonder why we didn't remember that....oh thats right because it's MORE rules! ;)

Paragon_Leon
08-20-2001, 07:21 AM
actually, those will be the ONLY rules.. :D

I'm back, guys ! i'll be online quite a while today to catch up, and as for the rough draft that some people are aching for; i almost have it finished.. if i don't make it tonight, i post it tomorrow morning my time (= about 4:00 AM US time).

Oh, and i'll post in in a separate thread... to keep things a bit manageable..

'Dutchstock' (or Flevo as it's called) was fun.. but demanding. I did some pre-production for the main stage and some interviews.
now it's back to the 9 to 5 job and late evening hours..

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 12:22 AM
SO where is it:D

And do you know when they plan to make a forum for this alone. (we need to have to sections in Senate Forum 1) Senate- for voting discussing etc. 2) Senate Discussion--people talk about disitions etc. (Senators mingle with the people)

Paragon_Leon
08-21-2001, 04:03 AM
http://www.galacticbattles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10442&t=9179#post10442

Enjoy...

It took me a while and still there's some suggestions done that could be incorporated, but i reckon we can deal with that once this is up and running.
One thing to keep things clear: The Senate is not a replacement of the War Room Strategy when it comes to discussing strategies. Those discussions will focus on the matches organized by the Senate itself in the future.