PDA

View Full Version : SW Toys

Bon Solar
07-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Well i dug up all the SW toys i could find, sadly i've lost loads of them but are any of these any good/rare or anything?

HERE (http://photobucket.com/albums/v446/ScreamingEagle/SW%20Toys/?sc=1)

Katarn07
07-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Can't comment on the Micros and Action Fleet, but the figure's aren't worth a whole lot. Retail price maybe? If even that....

I am impressed by you having the backpack with Yoda on that Luke's back. When I was little, I could never get it to stay on, even if it was just sitting there. :p

Bon Solar
07-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Well they are all toys i played with as a boy (im now 15 so not too long ago) and yer the backpack is a b**** and i secretly only have one strap in a hole and the other tucked under the arm :). I had another minature on a stand like the one on the black stand and it was a snow fighter (name?) but i've lost that. Also i have LOADS of starwars lego but i've lost lots of pieces. Im still looking for other SW toys as there are more.

I'm happy i've found my ORIGINAL metal Thunderbirds collection, i have them all and apparantly they are worth a bit but ill keep them for now :)

Katarn07
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I say just display them or pack them up and keep them. One of two things will happen. You'll find them one day and they're worth millions (pah, I doubt it :p) or you'll just get warm fuzzy feelings inside.

Bon Solar
07-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Is it worth buying the modern SW toys do you think?

daring dueler
07-29-2005, 03:35 PM
yah thats all basically worthless sory, and the newest stuff...no...

ZBomber
07-30-2005, 01:46 AM
The deluxe are cool, but don't really fetch for anything.

Katarn07
07-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Is it worth buying the modern SW toys do you think?

Don't ever collect something for the money. Collect it because you find it fun and enjoyable. I started out collecting right from the get go in '95 with my dad as long as getting dupes of the guys to take out and play with. I was only 8 at the time and pretty much loved collecting since. Well.... I've been pissed about Hasbro's SW line for sometime. My advice? Don't bother. It's become a chore for us veterans at times and it doesn't pay off if it's not worth anything.

By the way, I'm digging the new style of this place. Except the smilies. They such. Not using another for a long time.

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 05:52 AM
Ok thanx guys, I've found out the men are POTF2 figures and the others are MM. I was thinking of collecting the games but i was told it was pointless :S

Zappa_0
07-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Katarn is right if you want to collect something do it for the love of it. I guess ive started collecting around 97 or something like. Ive got most of the POTF2 stuff, but kinda slacked down after POTJ came out. But ive collected all the TPM, AOTC and ROTS figures. Nothing much from that OTC line and power of the jedi line aswell.

Katarn07
07-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Ok thanx guys, I've found out the men are POTF2 figures and the others are MM. I was thinking of collecting the games but i was told it was pointless :S

Which games? Board games and video games are fun but probably worthless. The original SW Monopoly was worth alot for awhile. Not sure anymore with all the new versions made.

Or are you referring to card and miniature games? Can't comment on the cards, but the minis are worth quite a bit if you have a complete set. They just reprinted the first set, Rebel Storm. If you're interested, get those now while they're still out. Once they're gone, they're gone and prices for out of print minis are high. Clone Strike and Revenge of the Sith are outta print now. Very hard to come by (well, there's a few RotS things here and there but stores won't get more in after it's gone) and the prices on the secondary market are outta this world. I started collecting them for the fun of it. It's a bonus knowing how much they're worth....

If value and fun interests you, I recommend getting into that instead of the figures. The next set, Universe Huge, comes out in August.

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 02:32 PM
What are minis??

By the way, is this sort of thing worth the price? :

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=promo&page=title&r=GADG&title=627495

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I found the mini's. They look wicked, ive found a UK based site which has all 3 series in stock. Are they metal, what size are they, good quality?

ZBomber
07-30-2005, 03:02 PM
They are like, little statues. I would say they are no bigger than an inch. They are pretty good quality, and they are plastic.

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 03:15 PM
ok, thanx, Im going to order a few from the net and start from there. I'll go for Rebel Storm first.

daring dueler
07-30-2005, 03:23 PM
If you like the minis, and it will be fun for you, i recomend collecting those over basic figures...at least with those you have a large quantity to focus on, and alot of them are fairly easy to get.

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I just Ordered, From the Rebel Storm Collection

1 x 20 Wookiee Soldier
1 x 15 Rebel Commando
1 x 16 Rebel Officer
1 x 59 Twi'lek Scoundrel
1 x 57 Tusken Raider
1 x 53 Mon Calamari Mercenary
1 x 51 Jawa
1 x 45 Ewok
1 x 35 Snowtrooper
1 x 19 Rebel Trooper
1 x 18 Rebel Trooper
1 x 17 Rebel Pilot
1 x 8 Hoth Trooper
1 x 6 Elite Rebel Trooper
1 x 29 Imperial Officer
1 x 41 Bespin Guard

16 Figures for 20.50
13 for 1
3 for 2.50

Also for paying over 10 on my order i am getting a free figure from the collection so i'll have 17 pieces :)

daring dueler
07-30-2005, 03:34 PM
yah, none of those are like rare or worth anything, but they are all nice looking figures and are a good display item.

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, i thought the cheap ones were a good start to my collection :)

daring dueler
07-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Yessum, why go expensive first, might end up being a waste...

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I'll see how i like them, if i do i'll go on ebay and pay for the rarer ones. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and i dont pay for living,mortage or anything cos im 15, woop.

Ebay does have a lot of stuff going pretty cheaply. Im waiting on one with a few days to go that is 67 RS Pieces (some repeats) all still in packaging with cards that is only a quid. If it stays around 10-15 quid ill get it. Im gonna collect RS for now despite Clone *cant remember 2nd bit* being my faviourite looking due to LS's :D

ZBomber
07-30-2005, 08:23 PM
I personally don't like eBay for getting things you can get elsewhere, I don't see the point as you usually don't save that much money, and have to worry about damages and what not.

Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 08:29 PM
http://www.the13thfloor.co.uk/

http://www.the13thfloor.co.uk/indexstarwars.asp

Theres the place i got my miniatures earlier. Don't know wheather those prices are good?

But they seem to have a fair few from the 3 collections.

Katarn07
07-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Skip Clone Strike. This was the crummiest set when it came to quality and it's the most expensive at the moment. It's impossible to find boosters or anything of any kind for near retail price.

It's best to order cases when possible. You're guaranteed a R/ VR ration opposed to buying individual boosters. It's a bit steep in price, but totally worth it if you're going to really get into it. See how you like these things. Hell, you might like the game as well. I do and casually play it now and then. Mainly a collector though.

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Boosters it says contain a R/VR, 2 Uncommon and 4 common or something..

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Yes. The ones you bought are commons and uncommons. Cool pieces for the most part worth only what you paid for them. The rares and very rares are those really expensive ones. In one booster, you're guaranteed that ratio you listed. There's a 1 in 3 chance that the rare inside your booster will be a very rare (this is why you're better off going with cases; four very rares and eight rares in a case of 12; 2 very rares and 4 rares in a case of 6). Info on the rarity of these new 'Huge' pieces is limited. I'm hoping that it's possible to get a very rare Huge and still get a rare or very rare normal piece.

daring dueler
07-31-2005, 04:37 PM
I have not really bought cases or anything, i was just lucky with the boosters i got. Clone strike actually is not sellign well around here, most stores that carry them always seem to have a pretty good stock, but rebel Strike is totally gone, i bought the last 5 packs i saw... Havent seen any since.

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Well, ill keep looking around to find the best prices and things. Should get my order on Tuesday or perhaps even Monday. I also know a few sort of hobby shops/collecting/toy shops near me so ill check them for SW Mini's.

I'm also contemplating the mini Lightsabers or Obi-Wan stuff in general

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 05:03 PM
There are tons of Obi minis if you just wanna go after those. There's one in the Rebel Storm set. I bought mine on eBay for $30 with shipping. Pretty steep, but I really wanted him :p

There is also General Kenobi in the Clone Strike set and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master from RotS. There's Obi on the Boga in the Universe Huge set. I don't want it and it'll be trade fodder for me.

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Well i want all the minis but all the Obi-Wan minis would rock aswell as other Obi-wan stuff.

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 05:20 PM
There are tons of cheap Obi figures for sale. Maybe it's a good thing that not worth that much? :p My favorites are the following:

Power of the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi or Original Trilogy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (they're the same thing, different cards; the latter is the better pick if you're leaving him in the package)

Original Trilogy Collection Spirit Obi-Wan (so much better than the Lays mailaway which I have a fondness for since I played with it)

Power of the Force 2 Flashback Photo Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (he's got the hood and was the first to be able to hold his saber with two hands)

'96 12" Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenboi (they redid Old Ben in '04, but the original has a better sculpt despite his lack of articulation)

'99 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

'02 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (AotC)

FAO Exclusive Epic Force Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (I have all the Epic Force guys save for the three FAO exclusives)

Epic Force Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Im bidding for Lando Calrissian on Ebay now, only 2 and he's in mint condition with card and 2 minutes to go.

EDIT : Won it, 2 which is a bit less than $4. Im told he's rare? = A good buy?

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Yes it is. That's what I try to sell my rares at. No more than $5, even though stores get more for them. I sold three of my five rare duplicates at $3.99 on eBay. Traded a Bossk for Anakin Jedi Knight and am gonna trade my Tarkin for an R2-D2. Then my Rebel Storm set will be complete :cool: Me and daring traded. My dupe very rare Boba for his very rare Probe Droid. We both won from it I think. I could have screwed him over and taken his Wampa too :p If you trade off those boards I showed ya, there are people to take advantage of. I try not to being a nice guy. A lot of the people I could jip are your age so do be careful if you do go on there ;) Always trade a rare for a rare and a very rare for a very rare. Maybe two rares for one very rare or vice versa. One time I was able to trade two uncommons for a rare and eight uncommons for two rares. You just gotta look for the best deal ;)

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Good to know, thanx. I got my eye on a few ebay items. Theres Bail Organa for 99p with not very long to go and hes VR so im hoping he stays that price. Also a few RS VR's for cheap prices too.

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh one last thing about value. Most people buying these things aren't like us. They're miniatures gamers. The better pieces for the game sell for more. Sure, Boba Fett looks cool, but he also is one of the best pieces in the game. Therefore, he sells for $30+. If you like Boba and are willing to pay some dough for him, $30 ain't bad. He'll go back up to $50+ once the Rebel Storm reissue is outta print. It's really limited quantity so it won't be too long before that happens. Enjoy these "low" prices while you can. They'll shoot back up. I'm able to finish my set by making some VR purchases on eBay. Wampa only $15 (usually $20+), Dewback from the same guy $25 (usually $30+). I found the Dewback for less, but it's easier to buy from the same seller. Besides, I made $15 from all my auctions and have a lot of commons/ uncommons I'll list on there next week.

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Well i should have 18/60 for the RS in a few days (aslong as freebie with order is a different character) Isn't bad for 2 days :D - I'm trying to find the really cheap ones on ebay, some auction are clearly missed by others so ill take advantage.

Have you got pictures of your collection?

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 09:26 PM
It's scattered all over my room. I'd have taken a pic by now, but I take them off the shelf to play and stuff. Plus I got some diorama thing going for it. Half of them are on my minis shelf, the other half are now on my dresser. Everything is spread out and not looking decent. I will post pics later, but believe me, they won't do my collection justice. I didn't bother putting the stuff back due to this next set. I'm going to wait for this next set before displaying my stuff again. If you're interested in what I have, I will soon have all of the RS set along with all of the unique Jedi from the other two sets. I skipped the dupe of Agen in RotS, and instead of getting both Obis and Anakins, I got them from RotS because I loved that movie as much as the originals. I got all of the non-unique fringers from CS and RotS as well. I love the aliens and Fringers the most :cool:

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Yer, Jedi's from the other two sets sounds good. Aswell as mini's i think ill make a special Obi-wan section in my collection when i find space to display it. Obi-wan rules :p

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
daring has a thing for Boba like you do Obi. I told him to post updated pics of it now that he's got the mini of him. I advise you do the same for you Obi collection if at all possible ;) We post pics of our collection here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=89158). Don't bother looking at my links; they're all broken. I will update them eventually I suppose if you're curious. daring and Z have seen it. Not sure about Zappa.

Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Wow...those are huge collections, i don't know if i'd dedicate a ROOM to my figures, i might take over the cellar and display my stuff down there or make a little room in this attic bit i have to display them. My room is huge but filled with my drum kit, computer, tv, ps2,xbox and all the normal other stuff.

Katarn07
07-31-2005, 10:01 PM
I got my bedroom and half of my basement. When I started this I was 8. I was cool for having all of these things in my room. But 10 years later, I kinda regret it. Don't get me wrong, I still love what I have. But would rather not have it being in my room. It can all go in my basement and I could move the TV and XBOX into my room.

All of these pics are over two years old. Mine don't show. I'll retake mine for ya to see ;)

daring dueler
07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Yah i wanna take more pics, and especially of my boba stuff. My room is pretty big so i fit my colelction, and a tv with xbox and ps2 lol..and my pc. Right now my boba collection has alot more small stuff, but i dotn have my potf2 red or green card in it (carded) i had them on my wall, and then boxed them to make room for votc and such...gotta find them. I remember your pics katarn...they were awsome, but now they are all gone.

Btw as for other great obi wan collectibles, check ebay for applause items. They are plastic statues, that are nice, and usually cheap.

Katarn07
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Forgot Applause because I don't own any. They're pretty cool things for the price though ;)

Yeah, the old cable company was AT&T but they got bought up by Comcast. Once our internet sevice changed, all my pics of the AT&T site vanished. They're all on my old PC's harddrive which is a piece of **** and won't start.

daring dueler
08-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Yah i recomend the 95' applause obiwan over the 97..its just better, and cheap. I got all my applause for 3-5 bucks, minus boba..which cost me a cool 10 after some haggling.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Got the 16 figures today, they are all here and looking awesome. Instead of one free piece i got 2!! and i got the Bothan Spy and the Duros Mercenary so have 18 unique pieces now, woop!! Also with Lando coming there will be 19.

Okura
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I have quite alot of Star Wars toys I quite like them! ^_^ I have a General Grevious, Nute Gunray, Runne Hakko, Padm'e, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Darth Vader.

I have them on a self in my room, there used for display use. I have also got a Darth Maul but I have no removed it from the packet. I hope one day it will be worth a lot of money! ^_^

-Okura

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Good for you Bon, glad to hear you like them.

Dont count on that maul being worth anything for many, many years..

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Just to clear up something you mentioned about your minis. All the ones you have are nonuniques. A unique mini is like Lando or any character that only one exists of. In the game, if the mini is a unique, you can only have one on the map at any given time. All the rest, you can have multiple ones of. Stormies are nonuniques for obvious reasons but the aliens can serve useful in numbers.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 03:04 PM
I ment unique as i only have one of.

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I was gonna say something about the unique comment, but i wasnt sure how you meant it, so i said nothing. Katarn do you know the release dat for the new minis?

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 03:55 PM
heard the 18th-19th or around then

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah, the 19 of this month. I have the money hidden away within my collection for three cases worth. I am gonna preorder them this week I guess.

Oh, and as for Blockbuster? I got hired on the spot. I get .50 more and they expressed interest in me being promoted because of how I handled the scenarios they put me in. I go to orientation this Saturday, go to training next week on days I have off, and then I start the following week right after my last day at Hollywood. :D

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 05:20 PM
19 eh? Ill buy some around then i suppose, but money is a factor... Im going on a 3 day trip to Maine, at my expense, so ill have to see. I could always sell my rolling stones tickets, i really wanna go to the concert lol. Congrats on the job katarn, thats awsome. Scenarios eh?....you are one hell of a scenarifyer.

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 05:27 PM
What do you gotta do in Maine?

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not into concerts. Those are expensive. I've been to one and didn't like it much. I'm content with CDs and radio myself. To save money, order online. I told you before that it's cheaper, especially since this next set costs so much more ($20 retail vs $13 online? I'm going online).

Okura
08-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Good for you Bon, glad to hear you like them.

Dont count on that maul being worth anything for many, many years..

Mmmmm well I'm sure it will be worth SOME money! Anyway I'd like to get a Luke toy and Han Solo and stuff..... :)

-Okura

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Try eBay. Most of the stuff, as we told Bon, is worth close to retail price. There are alot of things worth well over it though, but not your basic main characters.

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 05:34 PM
I just might order online to save money. 20 vs. 13 is quite a difference. Im going to maine with 5 freinds just as like a short road trip, 3 days 2 nites. But its at my expense, and id like to go. Well im more into music than you, so concerts interest me.

Yah the maul will have a certian value, but like i said, a long time. It took the figures from 78(9) -85 like 20 years to get to the prime worth, and now the prices kinda linger.

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 05:38 PM
You know I'm into oldies and not new stuff. I love the Stones. It's just that I can't enjoy myself at concerts even I like the music. I dunno. I'd rather spend time with people elsewhere and spend money in other ways. How much are the tickets worth? I say go if you haven't seen the Stones yet.

And vintage SW stuff was big in the late '80s and on. They're still worth a lot, but interest in them at toy shows suffers from all the new stuff. I rarely see people running around with vintage stuff. I bet it's because of eBay or something....

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 05:57 PM
ALOT of the stuff i listen to is "oldies" or as i put it, classic rock. The stones, the beatles, the kinks, david bowie, the doors, the who and others are some of my favorites. (my 2 favorite bands are AC/DC and Led Zeppelin however)
Ill Probly go to the concert.

Yah all of my vintage stuff is from an antique toy shop, but one of the conventions around here has them. I frist attended the megafest last year (i worked it) and ill be going this year as well, i dunno if ill work it or not tho. They had a few boothes with vintage, and they had a blue snaggle toothe for 85 dallors, easily c-9, if that guys back, im gonna grab the snaggletoothe..maybe. and now i gotta do this. The fabulous Boston Megafest is brougth to us by the guys at johnstoys, thats www.johnstoys.com Your #1 source for all things collectible.

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Blue Snaggletooth? Nice. The new one they made in that Cantina scene was an awesome idea. Whoever thought of it should be higher up in the Hasbro administration :p

I love the Beatles and Stones. I like the Eagles, Eric Clapton, Clearwater Credance Revival and stuff like that.

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I actually never got that 3 pack at target.

I cant beleive i forgot the Eagles and CCR, and Eric Clapton (but when he was in Cream mostly..In the white room....) CCR is easily in my top 10 for bands...easily, i love fortunate son. And hotel california, desperado (lol or in elaines case witchy women), and life in the fast lane...ahh the Eagles. You like good music.

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 06:17 PM
That's because it was from K-Mart ;)

And yeah, I like to think I like good music too. I only listen to it when driving really. I'm not a music on the PC kinda guy. I have the TV on to listen to.

Pho3nix
08-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Damn American people.
We didn't even have that many SW toys in Finland.

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Crap i hate being wrong, i knew it was K-mart. I got the first 3 pack there, but theres no K-mart around me so i never go. The one time i went, i got the first 3 pack.

I alternate between TV and Music, depednign on the time. from 6-8 sein, sein, sein, simp. 8-11 music (maybe, unless theres something awsome on) 11 family guy, futurama, SNL..

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 06:29 PM
I see.... Well, it's also not just a tv room, it's the living room. Everyone's here so the TV is most likely to be on and music disturbs them. We don't have headphones for the PC either....

I actually got that K-Mart thing when applying for a job there. I never did finish the application because I saw this one kid who I hate worked there. Last I heard he dropped outta school and ran away or some crap like that. He was messed up....

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Ahh, my Pc is in my room...soo..it doesnt matter.

I wouldnt wana work at k-mart, they all seem so ghetto and messed up.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Ive got my PC,Xbox,ps2 all in my room and next to each other so i can live hear all night :D

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 06:35 PM
They are around here as well. But they paid like 7.25 starting and their hours were decent.

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Yah i can live in my room too, PC, xbox, Ps2, i still have a vcr. a tv, my collection, a mini fridge, dvd's...alot of em, and my cd player, everything a young man needs.

thats good starting, damn.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Its school holidays (summer) atm so i stay up till 2am or even as late as 5am posting on these forums and playing xbox (kotor2 atm)

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah it is. And awesome room. Mine's alot smaller than yours. My bed takes up almost a quarter of it. Then I have my stuff.... I practically live in the basement if I'm not on the PC. TV, XBOX, VCR, SNES.... err, toilet :p

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 06:48 PM
yah um usually on here til 3, katarn knows lol. Then ill either watch tv or play doom3 lately. Kotor2, i should finish, im almost done.

My room IS my basement lol.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Yer its a good game, i got it yesterday, ive already done 23 hours :S. I play too much

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 07:32 PM
I've slept in my basement but it smells kind of. All the animals. My dragons don't stink since I moved the crickets to my garage but there's guniea pigs and nasty crap.

Yer its a good game, i got it yesterday, ive already done 23 hours :S. I play too much

My game took me 43 hours to beat. Did it in a month. My friend (different one from my last post in that other topic, he's our buddy though and we saw RotS together with my dad) got it used off eBay and his game also took 43 hours. He did it in less than a week ;) He almost got me into Guild Wars, but thank God he didn't. I'd waste all my time there playing a repetative game rather than doing so here talking about nothing :p

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 07:54 PM
43 hours, ill have that within 2 days probably :D

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 08:21 PM
The first game only took me 36 hours. I felt there was more to do in this one, but the character interactions weren't as good. The story was a pretty decent follow up. I enjoyed it. The end was a bit anticlimatic but whatever. I think it's a great game. They're gonna be making minis from the Golden Age (KotOR era). I dunno if I want to get those.... They're coming in the 'Champions of the Force' set. No release date on that. I heard Dec a while ago. More news will develop after Universe Huge has been out for a while. If you like EU, that set'll be for you since 60% of it will be from outside of the movies. Phase I and II Darktroopers are gonna be in it :cool: I can only pray a Jan Ors will come too.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Kotor1 took me 25 hours but i rushed it :S

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 08:26 PM
I didn't do every side quest. I got the gameguide half off for getting it the first day it came out. I read through it after I beat it. I missed two or three quests. Not bad. This one I'm confident I got just as much done, if not the whole shebang. I wouldn't waste my money on another guide. Gladius is the only game I thought the guide was worth having for. You ever play that game? It's great ;)

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Get online guides!

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 08:36 PM
They suck compared to this. This walks you step by step for everything. Online authors are so biased. They say something sucks and tell you not to use it but fail to list the good things about it. This game guide tells of the pros and cons of every warrior and weapon and recommends some the best tactics and who works well with who. And the artwork in the guide? Beautiful! As for a KotOR II guide online? I just don't care enough to look.

We're way off topic now. We best get back to talking SW toys I guess ;)

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
hmmm, a convincing argument :D

Yer SW Toys...

I didnt know 2 new mini sets were coming, whats this 2nd one?

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Champions of the Force is mostly EU as I said. It's going to introduce the last two factions for the game. So far there is Rebels, Imperials, Republic, and Separatist. Universe Huge is gonna give us the New Republic and Yuuzhan Vong. Champions of the Force is going to have at least the Sith as a faction. People like Exar Kun and those dead folks you heard about from KotOR? They were in a comic series in the mid 90s. Hopefully some KotOR guys, like Bastila, will be included. That'd make me more interested in getting them as well.

And it was confirmed at CIII that after the set that has the Phase III Darktrooper (he's confirmed to be in UH), the following set (CotF) will have the other two versions.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 08:44 PM
im a little confused but sounds cool, i'd like some kotor character figures!

Whats CIII?

Katarn07
08-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Celebration III. The first SW Celebration was before TPM was released in Colorodo I beleive. The second before AotC was in Indiana. The third, just this year before RotS, was also in Indiana. I did not go to either of the last two, even though it's only a few hours drive.

Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 09:30 PM
oh right cool,

i just got to a really weird point in kotor2

Kreia killed the council :S

daring dueler
08-02-2005, 11:53 PM
I wish i went to any of the celebrations, if it were a few hours away i definaly woulda gone.

Bon Solar
08-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I Wish they were in England :P

Katarn07
08-03-2005, 02:01 PM
oh right cool,

i just got to a really weird point in kotor2

Kreia killed the council :S

Err... You shouldn't post spoilers like that. if you insert spoilers into this without spaces: [ spoiler ]Blah Blah Blah[ /spoiler ], you get this: I know, that part of the game was surprising, even though I suspected her all along of being evil Highlight to read that

I didn't really care to go to the Celebrations. Hey, did I tell you what I did miss out on? On the day of my graduation party, there was a screening of RotLA in Chicago. My dad didn't mention it until the party was over. Screw that! I can spend time with family anytime. How often does Indy get shown on the big screen?! :p

Bastila
08-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I Wish they were in England :P

I wish that as well, in the US they get that and they get comic con as well. We get no big things.

Bon Solar
08-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Where abouts in England are you Bastilla?

In the first 36 hours of having Kotor2 i played 26 :S

Bastila
08-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Where abouts in England are you Bastilla?

In the first 36 hours of having Kotor2 i played 26 :S

London off topic i know lol

Bon Solar
08-03-2005, 04:36 PM
woop, me too :D - South West near Hampton Court Palace (no more detail for you!!)

Bastila
08-03-2005, 04:45 PM
woop, me too :D - South West near Hampton Court Palace (no more detail for you!!)

Wow typing where i live lol, Hampstead, belsize park way.

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I live in the United States, otherwise known as Gods Chosen Country....Yah i said it.

ZBomber
08-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeh, home of Aerosmith! \o/

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Err... right behind Israel of course.

*flees from plagues Andrew has started with his blasphemy*

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:01 AM
No No, That was fake Gods land, ever hear of manifest destiny? This is what god wanted the buffalo dead, and the white man to own the us.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Oh. When you put it that way, it all makes sense. :p

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Dont i know it.

Yah sw toys rules.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Meh, this whole area is designated to specifics of SW toys. This can now be our official off topic, AIM-like dealie. It's faster than email and sending PMs...

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Yup, Mods dont really seem to care about the small collecting community, luckily. We are self-governing, so beware all of yous, we have no laws, but cross one of the big collecotrs and you could be verbally beaten.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Verbally beaten? Yes. With nasty nasty words so bad you'll be offended! Or they could possibly so bad, the censors will block them and you won't see them and you could care less that....

Gah, I don't even know where the hell I was really going with that :p

I didn't go out today, I've been on here too long. I went to finish some paperwork at Blockbuster and then went to Hollywood to put in my two weeks notice. I've been writing my story since (new bit added, got a bit more yet to be posted saved on my HD) and posting here like there's no tomorrow. Well... not that much but I've been lurking a lot!

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:23 AM
what my friend here is trying to say is, geeks will banter and annoy you into submission.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Kinda like the Knights of Ni. Only we won't be as amusing :p

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Yah, basically, we are the geeks who say noob! NOOB! NOOB!

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Do you think anyone else finds this amusing at all? :p

ZBomber
08-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Katarn, screw the system, you can use your big sig, they told me to make it smaller too. :p

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:41 AM
No katarn , noone at all got it besides us lol, just the way i like it.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Haha, so random. I'll appease to them, Z. I don't care. It looked to big when I was running 800x600 so I didn't care. But I finally got my parents to let me up the resolution (they thought it was too small at first) so now it does look to small to me. Still, whatever....

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 01:44 AM
I bet Bon is so confused.... Zappa's probably is used to us by now and just shakes his head at our antics.

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:46 AM
Randomness is what hold the galaxy togeather, not order, but entropy! bwahahaha.

ZBomber
08-04-2005, 02:19 AM
I don't really read any of your posts lol, I just skim them and reply to stuff randomly.

Like OMEGA PRIME!

Maybe even Optimus Prime!

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Thats blatant rip off of transformers!! BAH, what are you, a zoid!?

Beastwars baby...lol oh yah, thats where ots at.
ROBOTS IN DISGUISE.

(very random meaningless poste)

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Indeed it was.... Even I found that to be odd. Funny, but odd.

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 02:31 AM
I dont even know why i said it, im not even a transformers fan...

It must be this grape fruit juice talking....

ZBomber
08-04-2005, 02:34 AM
What about Captain Earth or Planet or whatever? He was like, a giant greenish blue dude and he had all these gay kids that followed him around and brought the bad guys to shame with peace, love, and rock n roll.

Something like that.

BTW - Katarn, I was gonna see Wedding Crashers Monday but my parents didn't want to, infact, we didn't even end up seeing a movie.

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 02:39 AM
what the hell are you talkign about? the green giant vegetable man, HO HO HO green giant.

ZBomber
08-04-2005, 02:42 AM
Nah, not that guy. But thanks for reminding me, I saw a flash video on newgrounds with him blowing a huge load on Britney Spears.

THE TRADEGY!!!!

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 02:42 AM
what the hell are you talkign about? the green giant vegetable man, HO HO HO green giant.

:rofl:

Truly can't stop laughing at that! :p I know what you're talking about, Z. I hated that cartoon. Weren't they wearing rings of power and **** that saved our enviroment while terrorists saved up mony to blow up stuff that actually matters? What a waste of a superhero.

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Z dont mention blowing a load again. yah i liked my jolly green giant remark lol, i thout it was funny.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Hehehehe... He said 'load' :p

EDIT - Do you realize my posts per day jumped up from around 3.00 to close to 4.00? It's all from these short, meaningless posts.

ZBomber
08-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Haha, duty.... but no time to laugh about it now!

I have like 10 posts per day

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 02:56 AM
I had 15 back when I was a sophomore, had no life, and was a swampie. What a waste of time that was. But yeah, this time is well worth it. Look, new avatar and title :p I got ****loads off Google for avs. Can't decide which I wanna use. Got classic comedies like Sein, Monty Python, Tim Curry as a girlscout from Loaded Weapon.... Got some great movie ones like Tom Hanks from Prvt Ryan, Sky Captain, PotA....

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Hey katarn love the new av, classic Monty Python.

EDIT: i wrote this before your post prior to it was shown...lol...thought id point that out.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 03:01 AM
An example why things are so random for my posts. I'll point it out step by step how I get from one topic to the other.

John Cleese kicks ass. Speaking of John Cleese, who is the new Q, and is related to Bond, I saw a video of the new Bond game. Funny as hell! Old Q (pretty good imitation of the original Q!) and Bond (Connery :p) have some great dialogue. Can't wait for that.

And since we're on topic of Bond and Monty Python, Sideshow makes those. Yeah, other things I collect? See, everything falls into place!

Bon Solar
08-04-2005, 07:11 AM
You guys need some help...

*calls for the men in white coats*

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Just don't alert the mods and we'll be fine. And the men in the white coats can't help. They've already tried. Changed my av again. I got a Monty Python Wallpaper on my Desktop so chose something different from that.

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Yah, Sky captian...i should see it.

Bon its been 2 years like this, noone can help now.

Katarn07
08-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Feel free to keep posting. Don't let us scare you away. We're all over collecting as well. It's just that I get too easily pissed off thinking about Hasbro and stuff so we need to vary our topics of discussion. I also refuse to get AIM again so we have to do this here for all you to see ;)

Yup, I know you'd like Sky Captain. I wish they'd make a sequel or two it was that good.

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
katarn put it very well, Collecting is a tough hobby lol, the emotional damage....damn hasbro.

Ill rent it.

ZBomber
08-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I haven't gotten a figure since early June or so, it's getting sad. :(

daring dueler
08-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Hmm i dont think ive gotten a figure since, very early july...Tarkin.
Eh i dont even care.

Katarn07
08-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Baccarra and super poseable clone were the last ones we got in June/ July. Oh wait, save for 500th Vader. Not as good as 300th Boba, but still decent.

daring dueler
08-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I do wish i had bacara...but o well. I want the 500th vader alot just becasue its #500. If i dont find it ill order it.

Bon Solar
08-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Why is it 500??

Is it the 500th Star Wars figure?

ZBomber
08-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Yeh, he's in his meditation chamber thing. The 300th was a super acurate Boba Fett.

Katarn07
08-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Hehehe. It's funny that these figures show how dumb Hasbro is. It took them 25 years to make 300 figures. It took three years to make only 200 more? I don't care if two movies happened to be released within that time. I think half of them were resculpts and **** :rolleyes:

Vader's still nice. I wish they'd include a list of every figure they've done. They kinda did on Boba. PotF1 Han in Carbonite was 100 ('83? '85?), Mara Jade 200 ('98?), and then the Boba of course, 300 ('02).

Bon Solar
08-05-2005, 05:51 PM
oh so its only hasbro figures included?

ZBomber
08-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeh, well, all the basic 3 3/4 figures since the first figures, Hasbro and Kenner (which turned into Hasbro in the late 90s)

Bon Solar
08-06-2005, 05:12 AM
wow, thats quite a lot :P

daring dueler
08-07-2005, 12:23 AM
Han Solo carbinite was 85' cus it was part of the last 17 or whatever. Yah, I think kenner becaem hasbro (well was bought buy hasbro) in 1998 with the flashbacks and commtech..or was that 99?

Katarn07
08-07-2005, 12:36 AM
'99 ;)

I think Kenner and Hasbro were always linked somehow and Hasbro just slapped their name on everything. Although, I was just a kid and maybe got that impression somewhere and it's stuck with me ever since.... Too lazy and don't care enough to really investigate. Hasbro is the Microsoft of toys. Mattel is the only real contender anymore. Barbie, Hotwheels, and they got the Batman license from Hasbro but are probably realizing why Hasbro gave it up (it doesn't sell because their choices for figs suck!)There are a few other companies still left untouched. Playmates (who after giving up their Star Trek license seems to only make Turtles) and Toy Biz (Marvel Comics and LotR are their best selling lines if they even make anything else....)

daring dueler
08-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Yah i wasnt sure..99..98..

I dotn believe they were linked, i think hasbro boughtkenner in the early 90's and dint put the name on the figures til then. I like Playmates, and i like Toy Biz from what they make, but they arnt as big as they should be. I still think Mcfarlane has the best stuff..but its more for collectors. Mezco does nothing really, but i love what they are doing with family guy.

Katarn07
08-07-2005, 10:00 PM
McFarlane is pretty big too, but not for kids at all as said. Way too expensive. I remember when their Spawn guys were $8. Now everything is no less than $10. I hesitated on the Matrix lobby guys because they were $12 a piece. Really regret that now....

daring dueler
08-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Yah, im glad i got them when i did..although i passed on the twins...idnt really care about them. mcfarlane has the right ideas i guess.. I dunno, my judgement is clouded by the shroud of Hasbro. Such dissolusionment.

Katarn07
08-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I coulda got one twin for $10. What good is one without the other? Plus, I hate the Twins. I didn't think they were that cool to begin with. I didn't think I could sell it for much without the other on eBay without the other so I didn't bother.

ZBomber
08-08-2005, 03:13 PM
I think the reason McFarlane doesn't sell to kids as much is because they aren't easy to play with. Most of them are set to be displayed a certain way, and leaves little room for IMAGINATION! :D

Katarn07
08-08-2005, 04:38 PM
And they break easily. The old and new stuff are very fragile. Plus, what kind of parent would buy kids Spawn toys? That's a very adult comic full of intense violence and demonic images, strong language, and the occasional sexual thing. I'll admit, I read them when I was little but I was mature enough to do so at age 8-10. I only played with series 1 and 2 guys. I broke most of them; very fragile things. Even the ones I collected tended to break if someone bumped the shelf :rolleyes:

ZBomber
08-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Aye, my Necrid broke. Guess what happened. His leg fell off. :p

Katarn07
08-08-2005, 05:02 PM
What's a Necrid? :confused:

Zappa_0
08-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I think it has something to do with spawn...i think.

ZBomber
08-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Necrid was a charecter created by McFarlane I think, but he appears in Soul Calibur II (The video game)

daring dueler
08-09-2005, 01:13 AM
The trick is to take care of your figures :p

None of my mcfarlane broke..although the joints are quite fragile, and get loose fast.
Correction, i did break an X-files alien, but that involved an exacto knife and a lighter..

ZBomber
08-09-2005, 01:51 AM
The trick is to take care of your figures :p

None of my mcfarlane broke..although the joints are quite fragile, and get loose fast.
Correction, i did break an X-files alien, but that involved an exacto knife and a lighter..

I had my Necrid on my computer shelf, but he fell off and his leg broke off.

daring dueler
08-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Yah i remember.

ZBomber
08-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Andrfew, your quote is wrong. It's not
Kramer: Damnit!
It's
Kramer: Uh........ Damn!

daring dueler
08-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Dont correct me on Seinfled until youve had the years under your belt. But its not really an "uh...." the "damnit" comes faster than that. he never actually says "uhh" but my quoting was just supposed to get the point across.

ZBomber
08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Pretty sure he said uh cause he was trying to think of what color his shirt would be, but gave up and just said DAMN! That part was just on TV, which is why I posted it.

Just like the whole "MY BOYS CAN SWIM!" quote, eh? ;)

daring dueler
08-10-2005, 12:55 AM
I explained that, i was thinking based on event not by quote. The same event happeend to both george and kramer.

Katarn07
08-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Take care of you stuff? I would, but I have three sisters going through the basement through the collections of stuff heading to the wash machine ;) I personally rarely break things. Most of the time, it's getting it outta it's packaging and setting it up for the first time I tend to break stuff.

daring dueler
08-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Ive done that..but its normally on joints popping out so its easily fixed.

carvin77
04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
i will :hang1: for some SW toys