PDA

View Full Version : Republic Commando 2?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

[Nizzemancer]
08-04-2005, 05:58 AM
Will there be one? I for one want a sequel...

If it's allready in progress would you please point me in the right direction?

BeBop
08-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry nothing has been announced or even hinted at. Even though RC is perfect for a sequel. I mean look at the way it left off. Perfect. As of now there is no plan to make one. Though who knows, maybe Lucasarts will surprise us.

Sabretooth
08-07-2005, 01:28 AM
There were rumours of an "Imperial Commando" before, wherein you become an Imperial Commando (what a surprise) and hunt down Jedi and Rebels. It's a great idea, if you ask me and has a lot of potential. I mean, imagine Delta Squad in a silver-black armour with a red visor!

BeBop
08-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah but the rumours never got beyond that. Some people tried to make a mod that would turn the game into Imperial Commando, but it died off a long time ago.

TK-425
08-13-2005, 08:58 PM
No, just never got off the ground yet. The LF thing didn't help either.

Nokill
08-19-2005, 04:59 AM
yust wait for a good modding team to make a good mod for it :D

Magnadroid
08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
i hope they do make a sequal coz they made a perfect ending with a great place to carry on. And it would be cool if you coul pick a squad from either the clones, empire, CIS and imperial

Assault3000
08-19-2005, 01:19 PM
The only other Republic Commando game I'm aware of is the Cell Phone game "Republic Commando: Order 66" that's listed on Gamespot. It displays Boss, Scorch and Fixer on the cover and it's based around hunting down the last of the Jedi.

Bastila
08-20-2005, 09:48 AM
if there is i hopes its harder and longer

Kurgan
08-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Sorry nothing has been announced or even hinted at. Even though RC is perfect for a sequel. I mean look at the way it left off. Perfect. As of now there is no plan to make one. Though who knows, maybe Lucasarts will surprise us.

He's right. Everything right now is pure speculation and wishful thinking. Sadly...

Every other thread posted on the official LA forums is asking about RC2, so you should feel lucky!

Though I wish they had patched up the MP game instead of abandoning it. I'd rather see that first before a full fledged sequel. Or would they do like with SWBF.... ie: instead of fixing a broken MP game, release a sequel that does what they advertised the first time around? ;P

TK-425
08-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Don't doubt it. I would be expecting that from LA, its a wonderful way to get twice as much cash from us.

AT-ATNemesis
09-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Republic commado werent as popular as battlefront
thats why they are making Battlefront 2 but not republic commando 2
Ill check lucasarts web for signs though
I liked Republic Commando but once u had completed it there wasn't anything 2 do after

Motherhugger
09-25-2005, 01:27 PM
if they do make a republic commando 2 it would be better to leave off with the same characters and "SEV" coming back only against the RCs and now delta squad are stormtroopers but with the same interchangable weaponary

MachineCult
10-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Republic commado werent as popular as battlefront
thats why they are making Battlefront 2 but not republic commando 2
Ill check lucasarts web for signs though
I liked Republic Commando but once u had completed it there wasn't anything 2 do after

Maybe they'll make RC2 next.
lol, when i finished Republic Commando i played it again.

Darth_Terros
10-18-2005, 06:20 PM
The idea of a imperial commando game does things to me to rude to mention on a public forum

SweatyPyro
10-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Is there an upload button for replying? I made an PC2 script a couple of months ago with my friend. I would like to upload it here and show you all if you people wouldn't mind.

Kurgan
10-23-2005, 05:34 AM
Sorry only mods can post attachments. But you can put a link up if you like... go for it. Be sure to put your name and date on it!

Crosshair
10-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Obviously making a second game should be great and i would be first in line to buy iy but theres a problem. The first game ended on Kashyyk which is the last place where the clone wars end. So I recommend they make a remake of RC instead of a sequel that way the skies the limit for new Enemies, worlds and enviromenments. Mainly new worlds i prefer to have less levels on more worlds. Did you guys know that if it wasn't for a few creative people the original RC was going to take place only on Geonosis. How boring would that have been fireing at giant insects for hours at a time.

Kurgan
10-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Remake it, so soon? With what?

If they were going to create a multiplayer only "companion sequel" for it (like Epic did with Unreal/Unreal Tournament) I'd be in favor of that. ;)

If they'd refined the MP format, put in the usual features of modern FPS games, etc. it could have been quite cool. Done right, I'd definately buy something like that.

On the other hand, they wouldn't need to follow Delta Squad. If they were literally following the movies, they'd have to skip around with Order 66. But they could also have had later missions where you hunt down the remaining Jedi (assuming Vader didn't do that part all by himself) in the 20 years between trilogies.

They have plenty of "time" to make a sequel, the question is, would the events they cover (other than the direct Episode III stuff) be of internet to many gamers? Then again, they did make up a lot of stuff for this game...

Fortnox
10-31-2005, 10:32 AM
IMO if there is a sequel it should have co-op :) that would rock

Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Yeah, the sequel needs co-op play.

And, the sequel shouldn't be Republic Commando II, it should be... IMPERIAL Commando!!!

sev_07
11-03-2005, 01:15 PM
battlefront 2 is awesome!! they went from 2 player co-op on the first Battlefront to 4 players on the sequal. if they make either Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando, it should be a 4 player co-op as Ghost Recon or some of the other swat team based games are coming out now.

Samurai DD
11-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Great idea! *thumbs up*

sev_07
11-03-2005, 09:18 PM
thanx man. any new news on this? me new here

Fortnox
11-04-2005, 09:59 AM
battlefront 2 is awesome!! they went from 2 player co-op on the first Battlefront to 4 players on the sequal
actualy you can have up to 68 players on SWBF2 online on the PC, infact I think it might be unlimited
and co-op should be a 4-player clone team (who work just like Delta sqaud, can rev, same waeapons, etc.) and have a mission, the other team is a 4-6 player team of Tradoshans/who ever you are fighting at that time, trying to stop you completing your mission, with the ability to command NPC's to prepare for attack, fortify, prepare defences, cover you, or come with you and ambush Delta Sqaud

sev_07
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
my bad fortnox, i failed to mention that i was referring to the xbox version.

Kurgan
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
There's still nothing, zero, zilch, nada on a "Republic Commando 2."

Give it up! If any news happens we'll know. ;) And there's a whole forum to discuss SWBF2... no offense!

JokotoFett
04-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I heard that it's going to be at the E3 covention this year.

Chaos™
04-17-2006, 02:09 PM
When's E3?
And yes they should definately make a sequel with all the problems fixed and the MP improved etc.

scout_zero
04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
If they make RC2, then theyshould put more missions and less linear gameplay.

JokotoFett
05-16-2006, 12:28 AM
More missions would be nice.

Niner_777
05-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I thought that the game was very well made. The thing that I really would have liked better though was if it was longer. MORE MISSIONS! Maybe more weapons too, though the game worked out nicely with the amount of weapons.

What ideas for missions do you think could have been put in the game?

1_337
06-09-2006, 03:51 AM
I think you should have the clone mini gun. The tran. version was pathetic in combat + it didn't look cool enough on a commando.

Mult.:
On Mult. Player the two teams should be RCs vs. Trandos. it's perfect.

Rumor:
I hear that in the first mission SEV hase both of his legs broken and you have to carry him to the ship.

MachineCult
06-09-2006, 05:03 AM
You hear? Where did you hear that then?

They should have more weapons for each species so they can have Geonosians and the CIS in MP.

1_337
06-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Alright you lost me buddy.

MachineCult
06-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Imbecile.
Rumor:
I hear that in the first mission SEV hase both of his legs broken and you have to carry him to the ship.
Where did you hear that bulls**t rumour?

Niner_777
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I'd like to know where you heard that too. For some reason I don't quite believe you yet. >.>

Echo-7
06-15-2006, 03:23 PM
']Will there be one? I for one want a sequel...

If it's allready in progress would you please point me in the right direction?

I think there will be, because (i think seven) seven got kidnapped at the end of the last level, if u remember. But dont ask me, what story it could be.

mdb76
06-24-2006, 01:36 PM
I am not a big enough follower of SW to make a recommendation for a story line for Republic Commando 2 but I have some ideas I would like to see.

1. Return of Sev - While on on a mission on Trandosha, they encounter a droid or Trandoshan carrying a Republic Commando weapon that seems 'familiar'. This raises question amongst the pod regarding the loss of Sev. Returning from the mission during their debriefing they are strangely granted 'leave'. Just so happens they are passing near Kashyyyk. (wink wink). Obviously they decide to 'drop in'. No prizes for guessing the rest.

2. I would love to see more non combative features in the game. Get to know the characters better. Perhaps things get worked into the storyline. Repairs/non combative missions ect where information is overheard and turns out to be good intel or something like that. This will help break up the 'boom boom boom ' action.

3. Extra combative interaction: How about some vehicles - especially air combat. :) I would also like the option of perhaps capturing enemies instead of killing them. This opens up the idea of interogation - Could you include interogation into a FPS?

4. Include Wookies into your team. I would love to be able to include armed Wookies in my team at different stages. Have them as part of the team or instruct them to act on their own or as part of an independant group.

These are just my thoughts. I would LOVE to see a sequel. Especially if it remains true to the original.

MDB

t65flyer
06-24-2006, 03:09 PM
People have already said this but *it's a really good idea* :p ...
I thought this might make a good co-op game (in campaign). Play as any member of the squad (SP or co-op). Or have a different player character (squad member) for each level ( i.e. level 1: Boss, level 2: Scorch, etc.).

Another thought... Perhaps give each member of the squad an advantage in their area of expertise; for example, Fixer slices faster than the others, Scorch carries more AA rounds, Sev carries more sniper rounds, and Boss gives the orders (like the original).

Kurgan
06-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Chill out, MachineCult!

Anyway, I think a few of us were hoping that we'd learn something at last month's E3, but no word has come of any planned sequels or expansions, not even rumors!

So it's still just a dream for now... mod makers are our only hope.

mdb76
06-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Perhaps a campaign in the real world. An online petition or a letter writing campaign?

Niner_777
06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
I liked those ideas that you came up with. I'd also like to see things similar to those in RC2.

mdb76
06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Just thought I would brag - Yesterday I played RC begining to end non stop. It only took a tidy 9 1/2 hours to do it. Its the second time I played it all the way through since I bought it 6 days ago. I LOVE Republic Commando!

Anyone else had marathons like this? I havn't done anything like this since I was a teen. By the way, any other girls members here?

MdB

Skull Meister
06-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Did any of you hear of these stories being written by some stranger based on Republic Commando?

I don't know much about them but for all you guys who are so desperate for a sequel, why don't you give it a try?
It sounds interesting.

Just Google

Niner_777
06-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Do you mean write our own stories?

Skull Meister
07-02-2006, 10:11 AM
No!
Novels written by some guy who was inspired by the game, he wrote stories continuing the story of the game.

Anyway...
Check this (http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/starwarsrepubliccommando/mod.html) out.

An actual mod for the PC game which adds an extra mission to look for Sev, but there are poor instructions on how to install the mod. Try it out.
If it works for you, tell me how, it doesn't work for me.

Niner_777
07-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I can try it. If it works, I'll tell you.

cingular_hawaii
07-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Alright you lost me buddy.

I have been reading this thread 4 LONG time and i have been lost since i started out DOOD

Niner_777
07-30-2006, 06:51 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet, lol.

cingular_hawaii
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
IM SO CONFUSED!

Kurgan
07-31-2006, 08:05 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet, lol.

Ah you mean downloaded the demo, then purchased a legal copy of the retail version of the game, right?

RIGHT??!

MachineCult
07-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Ah you mean downloaded the demo, then purchased a legal copy of the retail version of the game, right?

We'll all be very disappointed if that is not the case, Niner, lol.

Niner_777
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I've already got the game, the one from the store, I just haven't downloaded those extra missions.

Does that clear anything up, lol?

generalvaklu321
08-18-2006, 11:23 PM
The new one people are assuming is being an Imperial Commando fighting rebels and jedi. That's just a wish, not even a rumor. They'll probably have a new one, or announce it, by the end of 2007.

MachineCult
08-19-2006, 06:46 AM
They won't live long enough to fight Rebels, and Vader killed the Jedi himself.
I'm starting to wonder whether or not there will even be a RC2. They'll either find something for the Commandos to do during Ep. III, invent a story for after the Purge or maybe the entire squad goes rogue to find Sev.

Halo_92
08-19-2006, 01:33 PM
somebody's aneversiry is coming up *nudge MC*

RC-1162
08-19-2006, 06:40 PM
actually, MC. Sev is accounted for.

in Triple Zero, Sev, along with the rest of Delta Squad, plays a major role. he's paired alongside Fi in recon missions etc. as far as i know, Triple Zero is the sequel to Hard Contact,and Hard Contact is set after the RC game, so althought we don't exactly know how he survived, we know that he did survive.

Samurai DD
08-19-2006, 07:42 PM
I don't want to open a new thread, so I ask here... Does anyone knows if RC will be compatible with the 360 someday?

MachineCult
08-20-2006, 05:50 AM
I don't want to open a new thread, so I ask here... Does anyone knows if RC will be compatible with the 360 someday?
Why would you start a new thread? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167411) Theres no reason why RC won't be compatible on the 360 at some point. I think at some point they'll have almost all games compatible.

Cheech Marin
08-25-2006, 08:02 AM
actually, MC. Sev is accounted for.

in Triple Zero, Sev, along with the rest of Delta Squad, plays a major role. he's paired alongside Fi in recon missions etc. as far as i know, Triple Zero is the sequel to Hard Contact,and Hard Contact is set after the RC game, so althought we don't exactly know how he survived, we know that he did survive.

Sorry to burst your bubble but,

Triple Zero takes place a year after the Battle of Geonosis. Republic Commando the game ends about 3 years after Geonosis.

MachineCult
08-25-2006, 04:37 PM

Triple Zero takes place a year after the Battle of Geonosis. Republic Commando the game ends about 3 years after Geonosis.
Hah, he's got you there, RC.

Halo_92
08-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, he's dead, becuase I killed him............................................... .................with my pencil, I poked his eye out.
He screams like a little girl.

Niner_777
08-26-2006, 07:19 PM
^I highly doubt that.

Anyway, two more RC novels are comming out, as you may have heard. Maybe those will explain something.

Darth Voltaire
03-03-2007, 08:49 PM
u kno wut, there shud b a second REPUBLIC commando, with a different but equally interesting squad

imperial commando wud follow, idk "imperial" sounds like it wud ruin it

Halo_92
03-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey buddy.

Not to be mean but did you read the code of conduct?

I suggest reading it.

swaaye
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, we've never had an evil Star Wars FPS ala TIE Fighter.

Actually, TIE Fighter was not really "evil" though, because it brought into play the usual ambiguity of what really is evil? A point of view. The empire was just trying to maintain order over chaos through some fear and oppression (sounds like lots of govts out there today on our backwards planet). Granted, Vader and the Emperor aren't exactly nice people lol.

I like matters of gray. Star Wars can be quite gray, but usually the games are too shallow to go that direction. I don't think a prequel era game could do it at all.

Delta 38 "Boss"
04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
:vsd: I totally loved the first one i would go crazy for a #2 i just say make it longer and the comandos go renegade me :smash: machine cult *then gits :ion: and uses master power blast* :hit4: no offense but Im defeinding RC2!!! Puts on :fett: gets in a :tank1: gets the :edeaths: cannon and a :stick: + :slave:

Giddidy Giddidy Goo!!! :launcher:

P.S. I forgot the thing that i was spossed to put here but anyway- oh yeah boy this thread is being slow about ppl responding

shadowtrooper69
04-20-2007, 04:49 PM
ummmmm..... did en1 understand what that guy just said? i only got a small part of what he said :rolleye1:

MachineCult
04-20-2007, 05:23 PM
^^^ I didn't understand it either, and WTF was that about me?

Delta 38 "Boss"
04-22-2007, 01:12 PM
^^^ I didn't understand it either, and WTF was that about me?

Ahem, I said i smash u and get ion blaster shoot u :wstupid:

Delta 38 "Boss"
04-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Giddidy Giddidy Goo!!! :toilet1: :lightning :missile: :dtrooper: :lazerhead :hatchrun: :tie: :yodac: :attack2:

srry im smiley happy

ObiLaws
04-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Well I don't have any ideas for for RC2, although they should make it, but I'm working on a fanfic, which I might just post in another thread, thats called Imperial Commando. It has nothing to do Omega or Delta Squad but is inspired by Karen Traviss' RC Hard Contact and Triple Zero. I'm reading Triple Zero. BTW Delta 38 "Boss", you spelled that goo thing wrong, you spelled it with d's instead of g's.

Halo_92
04-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Man, it has been a week or so since I was last here and this place smells like crap.

I want to read your fic OL and I think there should be more weapons because there wern't very many in the first.

Lord Rengal
04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
no imperial stuff. period.

Halo_92
04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes imperial stuff.

MachineCult
04-24-2007, 04:42 AM
Giddidy Giddidy Goo!!! :toilet1: :lightning :missile: :dtrooper: :lazerhead :hatchrun: :tie: :yodac: :attack2:

srry im smiley happy
Alright kid, this isn't a childs chatroom so why don't you start acting like a grown up.

shadowtrooper69
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
speak with words not "smileys"

Porpax
05-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes imperial stuff.
I personally like the idea of hunting down the Jedi. How cool would that be to have your squad pitted against a raging samurai with a light saber...

Whether Imperial stuff or no Imperial stuff, longer and better MP. Perhaps basing the missions on actual Marine, SEALS, or Special Forces engagements since basing the movements on the same seemed to work.

Commando Tazer
07-01-2007, 04:57 PM
You Guys Put All Your Ideas 4 The Second Game In this Thread Cos I'm In Contact With The Man Himself!!! :darth:

VengefulJan
07-01-2007, 11:30 PM
You Guys Put All Your Ideas 4 The Second Game In this Thread Cos I'm In Contact With The Man Himself!!! :darth:
I highly dought that so j00 can either:
1. give us proof or
2. stop tring to revive and/or creat already made threads

Dakoas_29
07-11-2007, 02:37 AM
I believe u and Have some ideas so pay attention and take notes. It would be cool if it had two areas. One is that u are playing as the rest of the squad with their new reqruit doing some interesting missions on Coruscant and the other is that u are Sev trying to escape after he has been kidnapped. U have to escape then find a way back to to Coruscant. Sev makes it back and finds his squad operating with their new teammate. So they kick out the new teammate and take Sev back then they Do some missions in the city of Coruscant with sniping and explosives. It would be really cool.

Jae Onasi
07-12-2007, 08:18 PM
"Republic Commando 2 Supah Thread" merged with this one since they're about the same subject.

RC-1162
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I know, I figured that too late, and by the time I did, I'd forgotten that I'd said that here :D.

Shadow Talon
07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
What if they create their own legacy by making their own clones without the age acceleration modification.
It would be:
A) a fresh start
B) Rebel commando
C) a very bad idea
D) a very, very bad idea
E) a very ,,Not likely, how did you even though of that stupid scenario you noob'' situation.
What do you think?

shadowtrooper69
07-20-2007, 01:33 PM
........? what was the point of that? u bring up an idea just to smash it down? im confused

Shadow Talon
07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Yup. Nothing like brain smashing.
Nice avatar.

shadowtrooper69
07-20-2007, 07:23 PM
thanx

Unsilviu
07-21-2007, 05:04 AM
I WANT RC2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow Talon
07-22-2007, 03:42 AM
As do we all young cadet, as do we all...

Slazer
07-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I personally like the idea of hunting down the Jedi. How cool would that be to have your squad pitted against a raging samurai with a light saber...

Whether Imperial stuff or no Imperial stuff, longer and better MP. Perhaps basing the missions on actual Marine, SEALS, or Special Forces engagements since basing the movements on the same seemed to work.

Yeah, there are tons they could do with this game. Unfortunately, I've heard RC called "Stalo 2 Prime" because it was so similar to Metroid Prime and Halo 2... I don't see much of the Metroid, but you have to admit, RC is close to Halo in gameplay. They could add new maps and missions, but they couldn't make the gameplay much different from what Bungie is famous for.

Reclaimer
07-24-2007, 11:21 PM
It's not going to happen.

JoeDoe 2.0
07-25-2007, 09:43 AM
^ Don't be so negative :xp:

Reclaimer
07-25-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't mean to be negative, but it's almost like KotOR; no news means its not going to happen.

Yes, I said it.

KotOR probably will not happen. I want it to though.

trooper 57
07-25-2007, 10:31 AM
has anyone played the downlodable map of republic commandos. can you tell me how i can install it on the pc the instuctions are not much help?

first ever blog post everyone

how can i get an avatar as well?
(sorry for any spelling mistakes)

Shadow Talon
08-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Dear Trooper 57,

Why don't you try Technical support and leave us to this all most pointless discution.

And there will be a RC 2 or BY THE GODS THEY SHALL FEAR THE WRATH OF 24/7 SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS HOLIDAY SPECIALS!!!!
:coffee:

trooper 57
08-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Dear Trooper 57,

Why don't you try Technical support and leave us to this all most pointless discution.

And there will be a RC 2 or BY THE GODS THEY SHALL FEAR THE WRATH OF 24/7 SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS HOLIDAY SPECIALS!!!!
:coffee:

i have my own idea on this link http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=146803&page=9&pp=40 it is number 341

Darth_Penguin
09-03-2007, 03:51 AM
I think a cross between this and knights of the old republic would be cool something with just a little more puzzel to it but the fighting action was very cool in this i am on my third time round

trooper 57
09-04-2007, 12:45 PM
i lost count on how many times i completed it
*trys to counts how many times*
i think it is 2 or 3 times

trooper 57
09-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Yesterday i played that bonus map but it got 5/10 out of me cuz :-
the suroundings made it look like it was in a box.
the cutscene had no dialog.
too many enimes at one time.
when I got to the end nouthing happened
the objectives did not show at the top of the hud like noemel

here's how to get it working go to anywere in the campeigh mode then press ' then type open OMT_01A (make sure in cap) and then your there (make sure you have followed the insrtctions.

trooper 57
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
get a load of this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQor6XtZ2sA

trooper 57
12-19-2007, 12:06 PM
hellooooooooooooooo anyone out there?

Drake_Spartan
12-20-2007, 10:43 AM
There should be a RC2.
they can't just leave SEV high and dry....can they?
anyways they are most likely tied up with The Force Unleashed or the fact of they are making a storyline or something.

But all we can do is hope, it might be next in lucasarts' project list or better yet Coming Soon............

trooper 57
12-20-2007, 11:18 AM
do you think lucasart read these cause it might be nice if they did?

MachineCult
12-20-2007, 08:37 PM
The Admins have said a few times that the people from Lucas Arts do occasionally visit these forums.

trooper 57
12-21-2007, 02:14 PM
well they might get some of there ideas from here do you think?

oh-seven
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I think there will be, because (i think seven) seven got kidnapped at the end of the last level, if u remember. But dont ask me, what story it could be.

This is probably 100% B.S, but maybe RCII could be almost towards the end of the clone wars, right before all the clones turn evil. As sev was reported missing, Delta Squad could go back into the ruins and search for sev. I found the end of RCI a little un-satisfying because of the absence of sev. I don't know, maybe My Idea is stupid.

trooper 57
12-24-2007, 08:35 AM
hey every idea is not stupid unless proven.

Shadow Talon
12-24-2007, 06:30 PM
True, true...

trooper 57
01-03-2008, 04:29 AM
I am glad you agree with me Shadow Talon.

MachineCult
01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't know, maybe My Idea is stupid.
Not a stupid idea, many people have posted similar ideas.

This is probably 100% B.S, but maybe RCII could be almost towards the end of the clone wars, right before all the clones turn evil.
The clones didn't "turn evil", they didn't change at all, only the people giving the orders did. If you want to find out what happens to delta squad around order 66 then you won't have to wait for another game to be announced (which seems unlikely), it's being covered by the fourth RC novel.

Halo_92
01-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I think sev is dead. -_-

trooper 57
01-12-2008, 05:44 AM
what brought you to think that?

MachineCult
01-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I thought that as well, Halo_92 but after reading the books it makes sense that Omega squad or Kal and Vau would go and find him.

Bomberman65
01-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I've found out FreeRadical an accomplished FPS developer currently making Haze have a top secret lucasarts project in the works. Who knows it could be Republic Commando 2.

Delta_Fixer
01-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Interesting to see a 'top secret" FPS for LucasArts out there. It could be RC2 or it could be Battlefront 3, or something else altogether. It looks like, though, that LA isn't really developing for PC anymore as the new SW Force Unleashed and that other new FPS will not be on PC ... which SUCKS BIGTIME IMO.

If you guys want a new SW game check out www.fsmod.com ... its a total mod of Battlefield 2142, which costs only 20 USD nowadays, and is a geat multi-play online FPS. Version 1.2 is due out soon and will include new maps, vehicles, and a new stats/ ranking system.

I would LOVE RC2 so much, though, as long as it is for the PC!

MachineCult
01-17-2008, 10:32 AM
^^^ If you mean the top secret LucasArts game being developed by Free Radical then that'll be SWBF3.
I'd like to see an RC2 as well but I think we'll be waiting a while.

trooper 57
01-17-2008, 03:48 PM
As always..... i still want an image on my blog post where my name and that is how do I get one?

JokotoFett
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Yea, but it would be nice to see a sequel. We can always hope.

trooper 57
02-09-2008, 02:56 AM
we should never ever give up hope.

MachineCult
02-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Jesus trooper 57, you mean the avatar, where JokotoFett has a pic of Scorch, Bomberman65 has Revan and I have a skull? This is a message board not a f**king blog. N00B!

trooper 57
02-09-2008, 11:03 AM
yes and FUTHER MORE I DO NOT SEE WHAT THE DIFFERENC BETWEEN BLOG AND MESSAGE BOARD IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for yelling I would have not if you didn't add the f**king and NOOB! in your entry and as for the the noob how many post most I make cuz I made 53 so far and all I want to know is how you got the avatar.

DeadYorick
02-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Maybe if there is a Republic Commando 2 they should include more of a plot then the first game

Also. You go to your UserCP for the avatar. If you keep swearing you might get banned. This is a message board. Its where people post topics into specific areas. A blog is where someone posts what they did today and people comment

Sven_Q45
02-09-2008, 02:18 PM
RC2? Yes! I hope for a second part of RC. :)

trooper 57
02-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Sorry i try to avoid swearing i just snaped then. Also where is the UsserCP.

DeadYorick
02-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Sorry i try to avoid swearing i just snaped then. Also where is the UsserCP.

Your User CP is at the top of the screen. You know where it has the logo LUCAS FORUMS? Well on the right side of that it says Ifnetwork.com and then User CP

trooper 57
02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks what do you think of it.

black_hayate
02-11-2008, 12:46 PM
It sucks, and stop the offtopic :xp: .

Tbh, it doesn't suck, just what kind of question that was oO.
I also hope for rc2...

trooper 57
02-11-2008, 04:28 PM
sorry and everyone all hope there is one.

Sven_Q45
02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Only without Fixxer (07) :(

DeadYorick
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Anyway straying ontopic

Maybe if there is a Republic Commando 2 they should include more of a plot then the first game. Since there practically was no plot for the first game

trooper 57
02-12-2008, 03:33 AM
even thorugh i have never played it it felt like Halo the first RC game only star wars based

black_hayate
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Anyway straying ontopic

Maybe if there is a Republic Commando 2 they should include more of a plot then the first game. Since there practically was no plot for the first game

What do you mean... as for FPS game RC had really good plot.. Plus it was clone wars, what did you want, some romance? :P. One thing I would change is to add more missions which would be even more interesting (since the one in RC1 were really good... )

And to Sev smth... 07 was Sev not fixxer ... omg... :lol:

trooper 57
02-13-2008, 01:20 PM
yeah and new enviroments like tatoene or yavin (the planet not moon)

DeadYorick
02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
The planet of Yavin is a gas giant. Its like Jupiter and is completely inhospitable. Why would Clones battle there?

What do you mean... as for FPS game RC had really good plot.. Plus it was clone wars, what did you want, some romance? :P. One thing I would change is to add more missions which would be even more interesting (since the one in RC1 were really good... )

And to Sev smth... 07 was Sev not fixxer ... omg...

No. What I would have wanted was a storyline, a good plot twist, an actual Protagonist and not a lot of clones as the main characters. An actual Antagonist and not just doing missions for the republic. If Republic 2 would have this the game would sell very well

trooper 57
02-14-2008, 04:45 AM
hey i did not know that anyway we could have a storyline based on years later in the galactic empire and before one you tells me clones can't live that long a clone apart series shows some clones lived longer to there.

[Nizzemancer]
02-15-2008, 05:30 AM
Just thought I would brag - Yesterday I played RC begining to end non stop. It only took a tidy 9 1/2 hours to do it. Its the second time I played it all the way through since I bought it 6 days ago. I LOVE Republic Commando!

Anyone else had marathons like this? I havn't done anything like this since I was a teen. By the way, any other girls members here?

MdB

I got through it in 6˝ hours on my first try, but I had played the demo a few billion times before that, and I played very aggressively, an example:

Oh look, a looked door, slice it, run in, throw grenades all over the place, shoot at the other areas and at the same time stab that super battledroid to a greasy death...I was down to my pistol during half the time hehe...a bit overly aggressive maybe but it got the job done...last time I played I think I got it down to 4h and 10 minutes.

Only without Fixxer (07) :(

Now I'm confused, do you mean, 4-0 Fixer or 0-7 Sev?

trooper 57
02-15-2008, 06:01 AM
he has got you there Sven_Q45 Fixer was Delta 40 in the game and Sev was 07

Sven_Q45
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Aha.

But you know, who I mean? I mean the trooper who is now dead. (?)

trooper 57
02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Aha.

But you know, who I mean? I mean the trooper who is now dead. (?)
you might what to read this becase it say his condition is unknown http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RC-1207

Sven_Q45
02-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok. He was one of the best charakters in the game.

trooper 57
02-15-2008, 04:51 PM
he was my faverate one too.

Sven_Q45
02-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Hard sayings, but funny. :D

trooper 57
02-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Who do you do you think was the important person that noticed the Deltas work on geonosis? I think it was Yoda or Mace Windu or Obi-wan maybe.

Sven_Q45
02-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Mh Yoda, I think. He is shown at the end.

trooper 57
02-19-2008, 03:57 AM
yeah also mace windu can be seen at the end of the second area on the image.

sayoko
02-19-2008, 11:01 AM
For all you fans of RC there is at least the novels from Karen Travis about the Omega/Delta-Squad. There is 3 of them allready afaik the latest is TrueColor´s but there is a 4th part listed on amazon to appear sometime next year if iam not mistaken now it was called order 66.

RC2 would just like K3 be a nice game for a sequel i bought RC for 9,99€ as a budget game some 2+ years ago and those 9 euros were one of the best invested so far. The game doesnt have a ubar story or anything but for that price it was awesome and the way you can control your team and keep going as a team was just pure fun for me. A sequel with a nice coop for PC would be the win!

Sven_Q45
02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
I know. Part 4?? Dang! Part 2 is not ready. I have to read the part 2, fast!

@trooper57
Image? I meant he´s talking at the end. I don´t mean only "see". Sorry.

trooper 57
02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
and by image i mean where it says you have unlocked a new extra after you have completed a campaigh area.

trooper 57
03-06-2008, 04:50 PM
helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo

DeadYorick
03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Trooper 57 can you please stop spamming in this topic? If no one wants to post then tough luck. There are over 50000 more topics you can talk in

General LiWar
03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I really miss sev, i think there should be some way to get him back in the sequel (double wishful thinking). It also needs some operatable vehicles & def a longer story (i think i beat it in under 6 hrs last time). MP needs some work too. This is still one of my favorite games, If RC2 came out I'd be one of the first to buy it.

edit: forgot I would really like some co-op action. 4 guys, 1 team...seems like perfect opportunity for 4 player co-op

trooper 57
03-07-2008, 11:00 AM
well sorry also is there a topic for fan fiction here just asking

DeadYorick
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
well sorry also is there a topic for fan fiction here just asking

Yes there are several. But this is the most active

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=640

trooper 57
03-07-2008, 02:43 PM
I meant for RC.

DeadYorick
03-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I meant for RC.

There are no fanfic forums for any specific game. That forum I gave you is for any kind of fanfiction be it Kotor, RC, NJO. It is even for non-Starwars.

trooper 57
03-08-2008, 02:20 AM
well since there is none I decied to make one here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2434004#post2434004

Jatsko
03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
if they do make a republic commando 2 it would be better to leave off with the same characters and "SEV" coming back only against the RCs and now delta squad are stormtroopers but with the same interchangable weaponary

If you read some of the RC novels you find the "Sev" part impossible :rolleyes:

trooper 57
03-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I really never read the novals but people post it is a different Sev is that true.

lukass
03-08-2008, 07:06 PM
hi i m new and i liked the republic commando game the most what i would like to see would be this the commando goes looking for fixer and refused oder 66 ( because it is misses the order because it is gone looking for fixer against the will of the emperor ) and they save fixer and then start fighting the empire i mean in thwarn books the dark jedi clone is not following orders too (correct me if i m wrong i only did read the firth one jet ) so would be possible i would hate to see the commando turn to the evil like all other clones

trooper 57
03-09-2008, 03:15 AM
it was Sev who was lost in the game.

lukass
03-12-2008, 11:37 PM
it was Sev who was lost in the game.

sorry ok then sev i liked all the characters but still they joust must get the lost one back in or i will hate it

trooper 57
03-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Now I agree with that.

some commando
03-15-2008, 12:19 AM
you guys would probally think im weird but in rc i can get past lvl 2 where the geonosiens come with those weird staffs

lol its hard

lukass
03-15-2008, 04:38 PM
it is hard the first time but i played it now through 3 times and after the first time it was joust to easy if you die joust tell them to bring you back to live and then attack with the knife think and for the super battle thinks its best to run at them and use the knife and at the same time running around them
they can not turn as fast as you run

timster0
03-18-2008, 08:08 PM
The hardest lv is the prosecutor on ur first try.

trooper 57
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah the first part got me you know when thefloting droid sneak attack got me for awhile.

timster0
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Same. It took me 'bout 15 tries. It said right trigger, but I was pushing the left one so I kept on dying.

trooper 57
03-20-2008, 04:29 AM
the swrammers (that's what I'm calling them) don't come till you start on the consle.

VodeAn
05-11-2008, 08:54 AM
if this thread is still about a second republic commando, Veamon Studios just merged with sqon.net (http://sqon.net). we have an updated version of our Republic Commando 2 Mod, and are in the process of updating it again.

trooper 57
05-13-2008, 11:48 AM
if this thread is still about a second republic commando, Veamon Studios just merged with sqon.net (http://sqon.net). we have an updated version of our Republic Commando 2 Mod, and are in the process of updating it again.
Cool thats great where do we go to download it?

VodeAn
06-15-2008, 07:46 PM
To download it go to sqon.net (http://sqon.net), click gaming, then click downloads, then download the republic commando 2 mod.

Bomberman65
06-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Its not there and I'm intrested in what you did and how you did it. Any new dialog, weapons or the like?

trooper 57
06-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I have to agree RC2 mod is not there.

M@RS
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Yep, the mod's not there, but I found some funny pictures :lol:

ArcTrooper501st
06-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Republic Commando is a great game with an awesome story line. The ending was perfect for a sequel. That said, now that the next gen platforms are out game designers have raised the bar on both console and pc games. Call of Duty 4 in my opinion has set the standard for FPS gameplay. I would like to see RC2 utilize a similar engine as CoD4 with addition of squad command capabilities. The first one was great for its time and is still a blast to play but make the sequel the stuff of legends!:)

M@RS
06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Why, as long as it's made for the PC I'm good...

ArcTrooper501st
06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Why, as long as it's made for the PC I'm good...

All the mods and skins and custom levels in the world won't make a crap game good. You may be able to work wonders but if you're starting with garbage it will take alot of work. Might as well create your own game.

SanityCore
07-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Hello, I'm pretty sure there's still no news of an RC2 coming out but don't you think if LucasArts knew about Republic Commando's diehard fans they might make another??
I have been playing RC since its release and I still play, almost everyday along with an active RC community. We still have clans...we even still have tournaments... :D
Some of you might recognize the clan name {MotR} Mercenaries of the Republic. Well were still going strong, and with most other SW games to. But since RC is the biggest part of our clan we really need and RC2 Lol
www.motrclan.com
Is there any way to contact any LucasArts ppl to show them everything we do?? Maybe there not aware the hundreds of ppl still do tournaments for RC!!
Over and Out
-{MotR}Sanity{Vet}

Davinq
07-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Hundreds of people isn't nearly enough of a market for LA to justify an RC2. Furthermore, RC isn't the only LA game with a dedicated fan base; the JK camp is full, but does LA have another addition to the series in store for them? Nope.

General LiWar
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
^So true, I'm a huge fan of the RC and JK games and play them both fairly frequently though not so much online. I have little hope that a new addition for either series is going to come out. But I still wish they would, those are the types of games I do play over and over

Davinq
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Well you never know, they revived... *tries to find a series that LA resurrected*

*fails*

SanityCore
07-13-2008, 01:13 AM
lol a few hundred people might not be enough but after 3 years of its release??
bah! LA....:(

Davinq
07-13-2008, 02:58 AM
^ ...Which implies a dying interest in the premise which in marketing terms means that it's not worth the risk to revive the series if not enough people are interested, which obviously goes against the human logic of most Star Wars fans anyways, but hey, that's consumerism for you. :/

trooper 57
07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Who knows? After all many game/movie desiners bring back old stuff to quote a few Spyro, Mulan got a sequil even Pixar are in the making of a Toy Story 3 which won't be out till 2010. so you never know LA may surprise us with a RC2

M@RS
07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
True, but all of your examples are movies, not video games except for Spyro ;)

trooper 57
07-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Well to be fair Crash Bandicoot. that should even out the examples.

Astor
07-18-2008, 04:51 PM
I dont think that there will be a RC2. The first game ended right before Episode III started... So a sequel would have you playing for the Empire. And Imperial commandos do a lot of nasty things - not really suitable for a game.

And nobody start giving me this 'but they might rebel' crap - Order 66 is hard-wired into a Clone's mind. (I know one squad went against their programming - but it's bull in my opinion).

Although, I could maybe see an Indirect sequel, something along the lines of 'Star Wars: Rebel Commando' Where you're SpecForce soldiers fighting the Empire. I think that would be more likely. Plus, i'm sick of clones. :)

M@RS
07-18-2008, 05:26 PM
:lol: True, but I think they should make a game where you're a clone following order 66, that would be fun...

SanityCore
07-19-2008, 04:15 AM
lol i guess, as long as they made a game i would be happy :)
i think it would suck to kill all the awesome jedi's though. and wookies deserve to live also :(

trooper 57
07-19-2008, 06:06 AM
The only thing I want to know is whatever happened to Sev after they left him there?

GeneralPloKoon
07-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Read the books!

M@RS
07-19-2008, 02:46 PM
:lol: yes, do read the books, they're great!

trooper 57
07-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Haven't got any plus don't know where I can find any

GeneralPloKoon
07-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Book stores!

Davinq
07-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Book stores!

+1 for Captain Obvious.

Cloney
08-03-2008, 08:33 AM
i signed up to tell you guys, as it seemed wrong to keep you in the dark.

finally lucas arts announce;

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/RepublicCommando2/ (http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?That%20Man)

trooper 57
08-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Very funny Cloney just when I thought it was true.

GeneralPloKoon
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
i signed up to tell you guys, as it seemed wrong to keep you in the dark.

finally lucas arts announce;

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/RepublicCommando2/ (http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?That%20Man)

Meanie!

Cloney
08-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Im sorry, i couldn't resist after I was caught out by Davinq

Sev_vode an
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
what about being able to be omega or delta squad members

trooper 57
08-10-2008, 07:19 AM
That's not a bad idea.

GeneralPloKoon
08-10-2008, 04:49 PM
It would be nice to go on a mission disguised as CIS offficers(they are not all droids you know)

trooper 57
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Really never heard of them.

RC-1183
08-11-2008, 03:17 PM
ya wat if in RC 2 u could customized ur apperance like if u wanted to have purple armor with hot pink polka dots go fo it or if u wanted to wear civiliian clothes with a bodysuit (not armor theres a difference) underneath or watever u wanted to do also new weapons would be cool like if u could pick up the CIS weapons when u killed them :)

trooper 57
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah or maybe the Bodygauds electrostaffs you know it lack Malee weapons in the game you could use. the only malee's you could use were the elctro blade or the weapon you heald.

RC-1183
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
ya that would deinitly be cool to have and maybe even have a light saber for a certain part in the game like when obi fell and Commander Cody caught his blade maybe sumthin like that sept with Bard'ika or Etian's saber(they r from the books) and you dont get on very much do u Trooper

trooper 57
08-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Depends on what you mean by that. Yeah a lightsaber would be cool I mean the clones used them if you remeber.

trooper 57
08-16-2008, 07:02 AM
I wished you could pick up that LightSaber.

GeneralPloKoon
08-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Man that would be pretty weird!

RC-1183
08-16-2008, 01:15 PM
wierd that would be sweet

trooper 57
08-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Eaiser to take out the hevey assalut mercenerie the only thing is getting close enough.

RC-1183
08-16-2008, 07:51 PM
and SBDs and spiders

trooper 57
08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
And possibly Bodyguards (maybe)

GeneralPloKoon
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Attach it to the DC-17 and use it as a bayonnet! lol

RC-1183
08-18-2008, 11:22 PM
DUDE that would be awesome!!!

trooper 57
08-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah!

Mandalorian01
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
A DC-17m with with a lightsaber bayonet would be awsome you could run the trando's through with it Awsome!!!

"Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"

trooper 57
08-22-2008, 04:26 AM
It would have possibly even saved Sev from that ambush. Don't you think?

Astor
08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I think my head just exploded in sadness...

Attach it to the DC-17 and use it as a bayonnet! lol

Really? Come on, PloKoon, you used to be cool. :xp:

Why not just an ordinary bayonet, without any stupid gimmicks. And NO lightsabers.

If they make an RC2 I want to play a shooter, not Republic Commando 2: Republic Knight - OMG we haz lightsaberz! :dozey:

LordOfTheFish
08-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Maybe it would have been a little fun for that "one" level. The rest of the game? No.

If Republic Commando 2 (if they ever make one) uses a light saber as one of main weapons, I will bang my head on the ground, until blood comes out of my ears. That would seriously ruin the game guys. It about Republic Commando's, not Jedi...

Mandalorian01
08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
You know I am a hardcore Republic Comando player (I play it abut twenty times a week). I agree that the lightsaber as a main wepon would ruin the game because we are Republic Comando's not some Jedi. Now with customizing you aperance I would agree that would be kind of nice. Oh and Astor_Kaine you are "Dar'manda".
"Mhi solus tome" We are one together.
"Mhi solus dhar'tome" We are one when parted.
"Akanati'kar'oya" The war of life and death.
"Verd ori'shya beskar'gam" A worrior is more than his armor.

Astor
08-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh and Astor_Kaine you are "Dar'manda".

Wow. Insulting someone in a made-up language. Now that's clever. :dozey:

Ignorant of my heritage, am I? How so?

Or did you perhaps mean 'lost soul'? or 'damned'?

trooper 57
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Do you even know what he said?

Astor
08-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Do you even know what he said?

I believe I listed translations of that word in my response, thank you.

GeneralPloKoon
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
I think my head just exploded in sadness...

Really? Come on, PloKoon, you used to be cool. :xp:

Why not just an ordinary bayonet, without any stupid gimmicks. And NO lightsabers.

If they make an RC2 I want to play a shooter, not Republic Commando 2: Republic Knight - OMG we haz lightsaberz! :dozey:

I was cool before! AWESOME!:xp:

trooper 57
08-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Who here thinks the sequil should continue in the Clone Wars? rase your hand.

GeneralPloKoon
08-25-2008, 06:03 PM
*raises hand*

LordOfTheFish
08-25-2008, 06:22 PM
^*copy's above person.*

trooper 57
08-25-2008, 08:02 PM
and I think it should be Delta squad not only doing there objectives but also finding clues to Sev's were abouts in the first few missions and then they are reunited and then......
which should they become:-
Rebals
stromtroopers
or how about stormtroopers then Rebals.

strykr93
08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
there is going to be a second RC (god help whoever is in my path if this isn't true) but if you guys look at the new force unleashed demo, theres an easter egg where you see Boss's helmet sitting on the ground.

RC-1183
08-29-2008, 10:32 PM
*raises hand along with the others* as for strykr93's comment you shouldnt jump to conclusions because of an easter egg(but maybe there is hope for the saving of the RC series) also how do you know that it is Boss's helmet and not just a clone helmet with orange paint

Sev_vode an
08-29-2008, 10:36 PM
~raises hand~ going with trooper57 they couldn't be both it would be one or the other

RC-1183
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
well actually vod'ika your wrong they could be stormtroopers/imperial commandos then desert and join the rebels

Sev_vode an
08-29-2008, 10:52 PM
ya i guess but it just seems.... idk

RC-1183
08-29-2008, 11:06 PM
seems.... well heres my version/senerio ok

delta has to leave sev behind because they always follow orders but yoda doesnt know that Kal'buir has secretly sent ordo,mereel, and aden to find him mean while the play their good commando role untill kal'buir gets the hidaway completed on Mandalore while omega has allready deserted with the nulls then the desert a few years pass and they stop being commandos and become full fleged mando'ad mercs with skirata and get recruited by the rebels.... do with it what you want i think that would be awesome like that(or something similar) feel free to add or tell me what you think would be better!! i have to sleep bye for now.....

trooper 57
08-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Wow that's cool. Wait there was an easter egg in the game where?

Astor
08-30-2008, 02:01 PM
tell me what you think would be better!!

I think Karen Traviss has a lot to answer for.

For a start, a mercenary wouldn't 'join' with anyone. It's anathema to being to a mercenary.

They don't choose sides, they follow credits. And last time I looked, the Empire had a lot more credits than the Rebels.

I'd prefer to see new characters, that aren't god-forsaken clones. I'd like to see a new team, of human recruits to the Imperial Army, that take down Rebel Cells.

And i'd like James Luceno to write the books for it. Anyone else is just bad.

Sev_vode an
08-30-2008, 05:52 PM
ya exactly. like finish the RCs in a memorable way and then start something else

RC-1183
08-30-2008, 08:38 PM
ok what i meant by join the rebels was as in the rebels hacked some imperial archives and found out about omega and delta and kal's runaway and they hired them anyways why does everyone hate karren traviss i think she wrote great books

Astor
08-31-2008, 10:48 AM
ok what i meant by join the rebels was as in the rebels hacked some imperial archives and found out about omega and delta and kal's runaway and they hired them anyways why does everyone hate karren traviss i think she wrote great books

Okay then, let me ask this - why would Delta Squad rebel and desert?

Try and answer without fanboyish wishing along the lines of 'they wouldn't be evil'.

And everyone hates Karen Traviss because she writes pure, unadulterated trash. She also seems to think that she's the best author in Star Wars writing at the moment (not bloody likely, when Zahn, Luceno or Denning could outwrite her with both hands chopped off).

She's annoyed a lot of fans because she killed off two of the most popular characters in the Expanded Universe - Mara Jade and Pellaeon - after those two most people refuse to read her stuff.

And further more, a lot of people are sick of seeing every sentence contain a Mandalorian reference. Mandalorians used to be cool because they were mysterious. Now, they're downright annoying.

So there, that's why people hate Karen Traviss.

strykr93
08-31-2008, 10:49 AM
sorry for jumping to conclusions, but i know I'm not the only one psyched for RC2 (if there is one.) im just hoping that the commando helmet in TFU is there to hint something. i dunno, but i like psycho's scenario.

RC-1183
08-31-2008, 12:36 PM
ok well maybe delta might not desert but omega would with kal'buir and astor alot of people LIKE having the madno tradition being recocognized and maybe delta would stay and omega wouldnt and that would be there personal mission from vader is to find and destroy omega i think that would be awesome ok now a show of hands who here like traviss's work *raise hand* anyone else
and strykr sorry if i came off as rude but people have been wanting a rc2 for a while but it seems as there is no hope but maybe your right and there is hope who knows

Astor
08-31-2008, 01:09 PM
and astor alot of people LIKE having the madno tradition being recocognized

I'm all for it being recognised, but not when it's overexposed and boring. And shouting at me isn't going to do anything.

ok now a show of hands who here like traviss's work *raise hand* anyone else

That's all well and good, but you haven't yet given a reason why you like it.

strykr93
08-31-2008, 03:05 PM
thnx psycho *raises hand meekly*

RC-1183
08-31-2008, 11:45 PM
im not shouting i was just making sure that u read that part any ways a big reason i like her books is that i dont read a whole lot so when something finally does catch my atention i MUST be good therefore thats on eanother is the style of her writing she adds sadness,anger,pain,happiness, hope,joy,humor,etc. you name it shes probably got it in there somewhere ps thanks for the support 93

M@RS
09-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Quite frankly, this thread is way off topic, I thought you'd be talking about why they should make a second RC game, not what they did after the game...

RC-1183
09-01-2008, 12:21 AM
ya i agree this thread is off topic but ok different show of hands who wants there to be a rc2? *raises hand*

Da_man
09-01-2008, 02:10 AM
*Raises hand and rolls eyes.*

RC2 needs to have a completely different plot line than the books. RC2 just wouldn't be the same type of game as RC1 without Delta Squad.

RC-1183 here is a hint: USE SENTENCES AND PUNCTUATION!

If you have a long post, actually use periods. You know, THIS THING? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop) Not adding periods doesn't prove anything.

RC-1183
09-01-2008, 02:40 AM
ya your right, rc2 wouldnt be the same without delta, but the COULD add a feature that allows you to play as delta or omega.