PDA

View Full Version : Planets in KotOR III

starmark2k
08-13-2005, 03:00 PM
This is like the Characters In KotOR III thread i started but with planets, What planets would you like to visit in KotOR III. Do you want planets from the previous KotOR, from the films, From the EU or a completly new world to visit. What could you do there (side quests) and why do yo want to see it. Also what planet do you not want to visit?

Personally i would like to actually go to coruscant and do things there like fight crime and visit the senate and the jedi temple. I also would like to visit the massassi tempkes on yavin 4.

This time round i do not want to go to Dantooine or Korriban, i think we have seen alll we can see there.

Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I would like to see all the planets from the previous games, plus a couple others. I think Yavin 4 is a good idea, but I would LOVE to see Alderaan. We never get to see Alderaan, not even in the prequels or comics! I think its about time. . .

Magus Kyros
08-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I hope they're done with Korriban. There is nothing left to do there anymore.

I do hope we can go to Coruscant this time.

Snafu7
08-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Dantooine will be back for sure is my guess, I would like to see alderaan and yavin IV as well, IMO coruscant would be way too big to put into the game, and it there just wouldn't be alot there besides a bunch of buildings, which isn't that interesting.

XMan3223
08-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I agree that it would be sweet to go to Coruscant maybe even start out at the jedi temple and train there for the first part of the game. Alderaan would be awesome to see I'd like to see Mon Calamari I think that the art design of Mon Cal and Alderaan if they made them would be just out of this world.

Aleggy
08-13-2005, 04:24 PM
id like dantooine to be somewhere you visit as well as alderran, and maybe the heidden planet from k1 but other than that i cant wait to see what they come up with

btyte
08-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Since most likely we'll be going into "Unknown Regions", It would be cool if there was a certain planet that went by the Chaos Theory or parallel universe. For example, say a certain planet looks strangely familiar to Taris but different things happen then what really happened on Taris. Twileks rule the world and the Sith are slaves (lol, idk, i'm just spit balling really)

Aside from that, here are some planets I would like to see:

Corellia, Dantoine, Alderaan, Yavin 4 (especially with the native Massassi), and Kessel (good for racing, and just sounds cool from the SW Databank)

ChAiNz.2da
08-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Just a few I'd like to see... though how they could fit into the storyline / timeline will be the Devs job... hehehe ;)

- Coruscant (we all have our reasons for this one) ;)

- Ilum (icy, cold world known for saber crystals)

- Myrkr (interesting little planet with a species of salamander that can render Force Powers useless, has a the creature called "vornskrs" that attacks Force Sensitives & plus home to alot of smuggling due to the 'metal' content trees making scanner use impossible).. would be a nice "challenge"

- Felucia (Fungal Planet... ie, Aalya's deathscene location)

- Mustafar (Outer Rim Planet, lava, aka Final Battle Scene between Obi & Ani/Vader)

- Raxus Prime (Outer Rim Planet, literally a "junk" planet.. great locale for Jawas without having to re-visit Tatooine)

- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr

Mono_Giganto
08-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Well, if I had to guess, the game will take place mostly on planets unknown to us. Hence going into the Uknown Regions. Though I would like to see something similar to Bespin. ;) A floating gas mining station would be cool.

Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 05:09 PM
and Kessel (good for racing, and just sounds cool from the SW Databank)

Yeah and you can harvest spice from the mines and smuggle it to other planets for a tidy sum of credits, now thats a cool side quest!

Snafu7
08-13-2005, 05:18 PM
- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr

I forgot about corellia, that's be a pretty cool planet to add.

Commas
08-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Origiannmlyt posted by Mira Donna:
I would LOVE to see Alderaan. We never get to see Alderaan, not even in the prequels or comics! I think its about time. . .

you do see a little bit of Alderaan at the very end of epIII when bail is delievering baby leia to his wife. And from that tiny glimpse at the surface of alderaan i can say that i definetly want to see Alderaan included in k3. it was freaking gorgeous. Tall cities near the peaks of snow capped mountians. I'd say that if alderaan were included in K3 it would rival "Unknown World" for most beautiful kotor location. I'd also really like to see corellia, mostly cause i want more smuggling missions, i think the atmosphere would be really cool (except that those tend to be dark in nature, which is a bummer, cause i usually play lightside) Hoth, or another ice world. probably more chance of seeing Ilum as the ice world tho because of saber crystals. I really have no desire to see Coruscant. we see enough of that planet in the prequels movies, in the games i want to go to places i haven't seen yet. besides, taris was enough like coruscant for me. Yavin 4 would be a good world for the climax because of all the darkside energy, plus the jungle and massasi temples would be really great to explore. Dxun's jungle just wasn't big enough for me tho, so yavin would have to be huge, so it doesnt feel so linear. However, considering where the story seemed to be heading at the end of K2, what i'm expecting is a bunch of planets i've never heard of, which doesnt excite me as much as the prospect of visiting planets i've heard of but never seen.

I as well am also over Korriban and Dantooine, especially cause those too planets didn't really excite me in the first two games either, and god i hope there is no return to Manaan planned, i can't stand that fishtalk. My favorite planets for K1 were Kashyyyk, Tatooine and Unknown World. Favorites for K2 were Dxun and Onderon

Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 05:56 PM
you do see a little bit of Alderaan at the very end of epIII when bail is delievering baby leia to his wife. And from that tiny glimpse at the surface of alderaan i can say that i definetly want to see Alderaan included in k3. it was freaking gorgeous. Tall cities near the peaks of snow capped mountians.

Come to think of it, I don't remember even noticing the background during that scene. But it sounds great though, deffinately must see Alderaan in K3.

I'd also really like to see corellia, mostly cause i want more smuggling missions, i think the atmosphere would be really cool

A lot of people have been mentioning that, the more I think about it the more I like the idea. And it sounds like it would be much more interesting than going to Coruscant, to me at least. I've had just about enough of it with all books, prequels, and comics. So long as we get to see some planets which we have never been to before then I'd be cool with that.

Jeff
08-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I want Coruscant, Correlia, Mustafar, and I want Tatooine again.

And I'll bet we'll either get Korriban or Dantooine again.

Snafu7
08-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I as well am also over Korriban and Dantooine, especially cause those too planets didn't really excite me in the first two games either, and god i hope there is no return to Manaan planned, i can't stand that fishtalk.

If they do make another game, I can almost garuntee that dantooine will be included, and I hope to God that Manan stays the hell away from the next KotOR.

Smilodon
08-13-2005, 08:03 PM
I want all the planets we already know plus a bunch of new ones, especially Coruscant, the core world of the Republic. All in all they need to be bigger than in KOTOR I and II.

JoshVoidstalker
08-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes to Aldeeaan, Correlia, Mustafar (lava is cool), Yavin 4 (jungle!), A Bespin clone, maybe an asteroid station. I want to see Telos again, check in on the reconstruction. How about the Czerka Corp homeworld (In the corporate sector i pressume). Coruscant and the senate chambers would be cool, as well as the seedy down below area seen in Ep. I. Kamino? Hoth? Dagobah? Naboo? How about Juhani's homeworld, or the mandalorian world?

Dantoine and Tatooine have been done to death. Especially Dantoine; I don't see how a world like Dantoine would remain a minor colony for much longer, given its apparant fecundity. It would seen become an agri-corp world, breadbasket for the likes of Coruscant. Unless maybe it has a badass winter...

Korriban has been done as well, unless we finally get to see the depths of the catacombs. How about a Hive world, like unto WH 40K. A giant city-spire miles high (doubling as an orbital elevator as well) with immense factories and foundries at its base, and an endless ash waste of devestation (and mutants!) stretching out as far as the eye can see.

just my 2 cents...

Jeff
08-13-2005, 08:28 PM
How about Juhani's homeworld
That's Taris :)

Mira Dona
08-13-2005, 08:30 PM
That's Taris :)

He's probably referring to Cathar.

JoshVoidstalker
08-13-2005, 08:42 PM
He's probably referring to Cathar.

yeah that one

Jeff
08-13-2005, 08:44 PM
yeah that one
Ahh. Well, my mistake.

And welcome to the forums :)

JediWatchman
08-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I think we should go to ALL of the planets we've seen in KotOR I and II plus a lot of new ones. I think we should be able to go to different parts of the planets we've already been to (like the jungle of Onderon instead of Iziz again). We should be able to go to more parts of the planets rather than just one city. My favorite planets from KotOR were Taris and Kashyyyk. My favorite planets from TSL were (well actually not planets but moons) were Nar Shadaa and Dxun.

IndianaSolo
08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I only really have two wishes in terms of planets:

1-They not reuse planets. What made TSL a bit disappointing and somewhat short was the fact both Dantooine and Korriban was reused. Not surprisingly those were my two least favorite planets in TSL.

2-Coruscant. It's the center of the galaxy and it would be a fitting end to the KOTOR series if the most famous and influential planet is in it.

MdKnightR
08-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Since the 3rd installment of the series will likely still revolve around Revan, they need to include his/her homeworld as well.

Bastila
08-15-2005, 06:32 AM
Coruscant would be a good start i love them to put that in the game, also Korriban cool place, i think Dantooine will be there i liked it there anyway, and maybe telos.

Aleggy
08-15-2005, 10:16 AM
i have to agree korriban is a cool place to visit, or at least is was in kotor 1 but in kotor 2 it was boring at best imho, if they do include korriban this time round i hope they improve on k2's performance

IndianaSolo
08-15-2005, 01:29 PM
i have to agree korriban is a cool place to visit, or at least is was in kotor 1 but in kotor 2 it was boring at best imho, if they do include korriban this time round i hope they improve on k2's performance

Korriban was interesting in KOTOR I, but boring in KOTOR II. The only redeeming part about it in KOTOR II was the cave in which you revisit your past. I thought that was a really neat touch, but unfortunately the rest of the planet seemed like it was put together in a rush.

I really hope we don't see it again, nor Dantooine, nor Tatooine, nor any of the other planets we've already seen.

Soogz
08-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I would like to explore the Outer Rim more, and also would be able to return to some of the original planets. Most of all, I would like to explore Exar Kun's tomb, that would be pretty cool.

IndianaSolo
08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I would like to explore the Outer Rim more, and also would be able to return to some of the original planets. Most of all, I would like to explore Exar Kun's tomb, that would be pretty cool.

You mean on Yavin IV?

Mira Dona
08-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Most of all, I would like to explore Exar Kun's tomb, that would be pretty cool.

I hear this pretty often, it seems like a lot of people want this too, thought its actually a temple and not a tomb. I hope they put it in, but I'm unsure as to whether or not Exar Kun should make an appearance.

Andrelvis
08-16-2005, 12:21 AM
My choice of new planets:

Alderaan(As someone has cited above, it has never been shown)
Coruscant(Would be very nice to go to the Jedi temple, and maybe even some interaction with the senate?)
Csilla(home of the Chiss;because, after all, Revan DID go to the Unknown Regions)
Mon Calamari(The coolest species live there!:))
Unknown Planet of the Rakata(again yes, but we need to have more revealed about the Rakata!)

Sabretooth
08-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Here's the planets that I say:

Coruscant: It's thje capital and a ton of things are done there. I think it would be a great idea to use it as some sort of home base so that the protagonist can stock up on resources and such. Something like Dantooine of KotOR 1.
Kril'Dor: It's the Kel'Dor's homeplanet and a mission of it was featured in Jedi Academy. It's a great place, a bit like cloud city with buildings and walkways floating in the air and all. It's known for gas and such so it'll be great to have a mission where you save a gas plant or destroy it or something of the sort.
Yavin IV: Yavin has a lot of potential for inclusion in the kotor series. Exar Kun built quite some temples in there and it's a great place with a lot of scope for missions. The trees will need heavy system requirements, though.
The Unknown Planet: As Andrelvis said, Unknown Planet too has a lot to explore and the Rakata secrets are yet only touched.
Chandrila: Another cool planet, home to some Jedi tombs and such. It is very mountainous and rocky and tons of gorges in there.

Of course, there should be new planets.

General Kenobi
08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
I agree with ChAiNz up there. ;) I'd love to see Illum with blizzard effects and all. :D I'd like to be able to explore the caverns as well as maybe a settlement on the surface. Not to mention the "Jedi Caverns" or whatever they are called. ;)

:ben:
General Kenobi

DarthPeldorJoi
08-19-2005, 02:44 PM
I would like to see courscant, alderran, naboo. i think mon calamari, being an oceanic world, would bee too much like manaan. no more dantooine or korriban!!!!!!!!!! I would also like to see more than the four main quest planets. I would like too see more planets but you don't have to go to all of them to beat the game. I think it would bee cool to be able too see actual locations from the film designed to duplicate the location. For example the senate rotunda or chancellor's office. i would also like to be able to address the senate.

Commas
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
^^^ star wars politics never really interested me all that much. i think the simpsons said it best: Bart: That sucked.
Lisa: I can't believe 'The Gathering Shadow' was senate redistricting.
Comic Book Guy: Worst Cosmic Wars Ever !! I will only see it three more times ... today.

Pernsonally, i don't really want to see a bunch of planets i've already seen a billion times in the movies. Coruscant for me was way over done in the prequel movies, and not that interesting to begin with. After the prequels, i'm honestly just a little bored with coruscant and would rather the devs spent the time they had make new experiences than stuff i've already seen a billion times. I'd like to see stuff that was mentioned but never actually seen anywhere before, like correllia, ord mandell and alderaan (which i tried to find some screen caps of, but i think i wont be able to find any until the epIII dvd comes out, but i swear you see it, Bail's ship does a fly over and you see a snow capped mountain landscape with retro seventies futuristic style buildings, and then there is a shot of Bail delevering baby Leia to his wife, does anyone else remember this???)

basically i think i'd be ok with every planet mentioned in this thread so far, especially ones like Yavin 4 and Corellia where i know there would lots of potential for fun missions, but considering where we were at the end of K2, coruscant just doesn't make much sense to me. the jedi order is dead or in hiding at the end of K2, so the temple will be deserted. there will be the senate, but thats boring, and there is the gritty underworld, but this aspect could be done much better on Corellia. The is the rich upscale part of coruscant where the rich live, but this could be done on Alderaan. I think the reason i like alderaan so much is that its been an important planet since the first star wars, but other than the fact that its leia's homeworld we don't know anything about it (i've never read any EU books, so forgive me if its been explored there) but hey, thats just my two cents, if they do put coruscant in the game, i'll still play it and think its awesome, and all of you coruscant fans out there, i'm not trying to offend you, so don't take this personal or anything

zippydsm
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Boreing is boreing even if its new,I hope they keep thigns fresh and give the palyer the abilty to go outside town aeras and level up!

Commas
08-19-2005, 04:58 PM
^^^i agree, just look at manaan, brand new planet, incredibly boring, however the star wars universe is so big and has so much potential, that i find seeing the same few places over and over again boring. I'm not saying that i think any missions based on coruscant would be boring, they could be great, i'm just saying choosing to use a planet that we've seen so many times in the movies and other games like coruscant is just boring in general.

and i totally agree with your other point, there should be more room for exploration, like going out side the main town areas. K1 did this with almost all the planets, kashyyyk took your from the czerka settlement to the wookiee village and then down to the shadow lands. in tatooine you went out to the desert, and manaan took you under the ocean, but TSL really cuts down on this aspect. Sure eventually you get to go to telos surface, but that was about it. it was kinda frustrating to hear about the beast riders and all the jungles of onderon out side of Iziz's walls and not be able to go out there. perhaps some locations that are less linear in the next game would be a nice change.

EDIT: Mono found me this pic of Alderaan (http://simonz.web.elte.hu/wallp/alderaan.jpg)! See i told you guys you see it in epIII. That would look fantastic in KOTOR

Emperor Devon
08-19-2005, 06:25 PM
I think they should have Korriban, Dantooine, Ziost, Ossus, Coruscant (The True Sith could be sieging it), Taris, Csilla, The moon Naga Sadow built his base on, and other planets in the True Sith Empire.

biscuitneilston
08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
I certainly dont want to see Korriban again, in the second game it felt like there was like nothing to do and they had maybe just run out of ideas lol...I would like to see Coruscant, purely because it's one of the great worlds in the universe and it would be good to see how the artists protray it when its 4000 years previous to what they're used to.
Apart from that I dont mind much...but one thing I think is important is that there are WAY more people in the citys! Nar Shaddah was hyped to be the 'place to get lost in', but the moon was deserted but for a few refugees!

Manny C
08-19-2005, 10:45 PM
bear in mind that "unknown regions" is just unexplored areas in the galaxy. could be a whole bunch of places from the movies/EU that just havent been explored yet.

Yavin IV would be cool, id like so see suvam again, hes a champ

witchfinder
08-20-2005, 01:53 AM
I'd definitely love to see Bespin and Corellia. Oh and perhaps Alderaan. Aren't the people there stereotyped as pacifists? Imagine the Dark Side possibilities! I think half of the game should be you visiting 5 well known planets, and the other half should be where you visit the "unknown regions", like 5 Sith planets.

Andrelvis
08-20-2005, 12:07 PM
bear in mind that "unknown regions" is just unexplored areas in the galaxy. could be a whole bunch of places from the movies/EU that just havent been explored yet.

Not really so. The 'Unknown Regions' is a definite region, what is unknown is what is in there, not where it is.

TheOssusKeeper
08-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Well i'd like to see in K3 (planet wise) is:
Coruscant
Hoth
Naboo
Alderaan
Dagobah
Endor
Yavin
Bespin and my personal Fav.
Ossus

oh and anything in the unknown regions... :thumbsup:

Lightsider
08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh what a world they have created. But wouldnt it be nice to go to the planet that Yuthura ban was from,(straheyron) also if they would leave all the planets from the original two and add Corusant. As we all know the new X-box360 and the Playstation3 are going to be so powerfull that they will be able to do this, not to mention the amount of information that can be put on a single disk. Now if they would also expand these planets so more exploration can be done and craft these games so the can be more tailor made to our individual playing stlyes.

I cant wait to see where these next gen platforms will take this!!
Maybe us console gamers will have something to look forward to like the P.C gamers have.

TheOssusKeeper
08-21-2005, 12:08 AM
it would be cool to have about 12 to 18 planets in the game, instead of about 6 or 7, it would also be cool to be able to book passage on private and commercial transports to get from one planet to the next as well as being able to purchase your very own ship, instead of getting hand-me-downs, or stealing them, however, stealing a ship would be cool also, hehehe :D

DarthSquee
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Well for KOTOR III's sake, I hope theres some new planets that weve never heard of. I liked going to dantooie and korriban in TSL but not for a third time lol. But heres my list for K3

Coruscant (duh)
Mon Calamari
Dathomir
Myrkr (tatooinish planet)
Yavin 4

JoshVoidstalker
08-21-2005, 02:16 AM
How about a planet with varied biomes? Instead of the "Desert", "Ice", "Jungle", "Plains", and "Lava" varieties of one hit wonders?

MonCalamaerosta
08-23-2005, 03:42 AM
I didn't feel like reading all of the posts, but I like the idea of Coruscant, if it can be done well. I would be very disappointed if Coruscant was a city block or two with lots of drop off and tall walls boxing you into a little cage by a landing pad. (cough. Nar Shadaa. cough.) I think what is more likely is that the majority, or atleast an equal portion of the game will take place in the unknown regions, where both revan and the exile (assuming DS, but Malachor is pretty jacked up, we'll call it unknown) set off to. I think that's a very good idea, and would do a lot to continue the story and bring a sort of resolution to the series... that is unless they want to cook up a fourth... and fifth. If that's the case, they can take us where ever.

Ragnos
08-23-2005, 05:56 AM
I would like to see the Mandalorian planet(Mandalore?),The Jedi temple on Coruscant, and different planets in the Unknown Regions.

I loved Dantooine and Korriban in K1, Korriban K1 was the best planet so far in the series. Korriban k2 dissapointed me.

starmark2k
08-23-2005, 06:36 AM
I would like to see the Mandalorian planet(Mandalore?),The Jedi temple on Coruscant, and different planets in the Unknown Regions.

We have it's called Malachor, at the end of K2

witchfinder
08-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Erm, Malachor wasn't a Mandalorian planet..

starmark2k
08-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Yes it is
why else would the exile have activated the mass shadow generator on it

Irae
08-23-2005, 11:06 AM
In my opinion would be good to visit Dathomir because of Night Sisters, maybe their begins, though or just their bests,
As well good point is for Ossus, as i do remember from Dark Empire comics there have been lost Jedi temples and Libraries, maybe if they would show in KotOR III, they dont have to be lost ;)

But it's only my opinion >>;

-Irae

Mono_Giganto
08-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes it is
why else would the exile have activated the mass shadow generator on it

Because, the Exile and the Republic happened to be fighting the Mandalorians on that planet, and were losing. So they activated the MSG and just killed everyone in the area. And Malachor V was actually a taboo world to the Mandalorians, far from being the homeworld. It says so on the Malachor V loading screens.

Irae
08-25-2005, 07:17 AM
i would like to say, when Luke Skywalker is on the Ossus in Dark Empire, when he finds hidden jedi library with books and some jedi stuff, in one of them he finds some pages about the battle meditation force, so i think its good point to add in KotOR 3, though

Andrelvis
08-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey, good point, Irae. After all, Ossus is important to the Exar Kun-era too...

Killwithhonor
08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
i wish that taris was still to be lol, that planet was the planet that i had the most fun on, and it was the most polished in my eyes, but some of the other planets i cant even remeber, if someone could help me out, like tatooine and datooine, i think those are 2 diff. planets right?

Blaze629
08-25-2005, 09:04 PM
I would like the following new planets if it were my choice:

Coruscant
Mandalore
Corellia
Yavin 4
Hoth

Killwithhonor
08-25-2005, 09:07 PM
i hate hoth, that desert planet, in battlfront it was annoying to run around there

Vladimir-Vlada
08-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Let's see:

1. Coruscant (really if they don't then we should kill them [Don't over-react!] All right! I won't)
2. Dantooine
3. Korriban
4. Nar Shadaa
5. Tatooine
6. Mannan
7. Onderon
8. Telos
9. Delaria
10. Yavin 4

And so on...

Irae
08-26-2005, 07:45 AM
hmm maybe some plantes like in example:
Dagobah
Rodia
Kessel
Bespin
or Ithor

what do you think peeps?

fresnosmokey02
08-26-2005, 09:12 AM
You have to take into account the point of the storyline for K3. If they continue the same storyline, and I would think that they would be stupid if they didn't, then you will be looking for one or more of three things (depending on your PC):
1. Revan
2. Exile
3. the Old Sith
Where would you find clues for these quests? Force sensitive worlds such as Dathomir, Yavin, Ossus, etc. and sith worlds and former sith worlds such as Yavin and Korriban. I would like to see the jedi temple on Coruscant as a starting point if there is a new PC.

Darth Kothos
08-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I would like to see Dathomir, Coruscant, Yavin IV, Corellia, Bespin, and maby Endor or Ren Var

Palpatine_dc
08-26-2005, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see some planets that were allready known but never seen like Iridonia (home planet of Bao-dur and :maul: ) or some of the planets in the Corellian system like Drall or Selonia or even Corellia. It is briefly in the JA game, but I'd like to see more than a storm and a hovertram . Maybe even some background about Centerpoint Station?

I would also like to see some planets outside of Republic space, like Csilla (Chiss homeworld) or Ziost (Sith Empire Capital during the time of Naga Sadow).

Finally I would like to see Nar Shadaa and Onderon/Dxun again, but certainly not Tatooïne, Dantooïne or Korriban yet again. Been there done, that give us some new cool Jedi or Sith "homeplanet" like Coruscant or Ossus for the Jedi and Ziost or Vjun for the Sith. (Darth Vader didn't built his personel fortress on Vjun because of the nice weather, did he?)

It would be hard to include Yavin 4 into the game storywise. The spirit of Exar Kun stil resides in the Massassi temples until he is destroyed by Luke Skywalkers Jedi students thousands of years later(Jedi Academy by K.J. Anderson). If his spirit is encountered he cannot be beaten, because we know he survives 4000 years later..

Just my 2 cents.

Irae
08-27-2005, 09:15 AM
hey you know why i would like to see Ossus, nah although there lived jedis and placed there their libraries and stuff, but because there were begins of Battle Meditation ;)

and i think in K3 we can hang around that force a bit though :P

DarthLinde
09-03-2005, 08:13 PM
There sould be a new taris that's destroyed but being rebuilt

Jeff
09-03-2005, 09:00 PM
That is a pretty good idea. I always liked Taris in K1, and a lot more could be done with it if they did it like you say. Good idea :)

ExtreamJedi12
09-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Planets I want to see:
Onderon
Bespin
Zenoma Sekot
Corellia
Corusaunt
Yavin 4

Darth333
09-04-2005, 08:28 AM
I don't really mind which planets they put in as long as there is a good balance between cities and other environments. If they add Coruscant, I hope they will take the time to make it feel like a big city with a lot of people otherwise, I don't want to see it. In TSL, Nar Shadaa was a big let down: it felt lifeless....especially when you compare it to Taris in K1. For other environments, I also want to be able to interact with other npcs and not see something like Korriban in TSL.

dragon2sword
09-05-2005, 07:55 AM
I'd like to visit dagobah, courascant, and kamino :) but kamino would kinda be like mannaan so..... hmm yavin 4 definitly :D

DarthLinde
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
I also want to see Haruun Kal, mace Windu's home planet.

MasterWakt
09-06-2005, 09:40 PM
I'd love to see a place like Denon - not nearly as technologically-urbanized as Coruscant, but very similiar to Taris, which was a truly spectacular planet to begin KoTOR.

Blaze629
09-07-2005, 01:23 AM
I also want to see Haruun Kal, mace Windu's home planet.

That could be cool. :D

vanir
09-16-2005, 08:02 AM
I'd like to see some rich new grounds explored, giving the feeling of an entire galaxy reminiscent of the Tales of the Jedi series.

We know Kuat was the shipyards the Imperial-class Star Destroyers were built, but well before then Kuat Drive Yards were Kuat Systems Engineering of the old Republic and built quite a number of Courier-class vessels and transports. This Core World is an inevitably primary target for any Sith invasionary force.

The red alien world of Nkllon might be an interesting visit for something different, who knows what kind of strange life forms are to be encountered there.

Ossus was the infamous home of the alien Jedi Master Thon and an ideallic paradise world ravaged by Sith War Droids during Freedon Nadd Uprising I think it was. A Jedi stronghold in the Outer Rim and difficult to navigate to because of the deadly gravitational forces of the Cron Drift.

Places like Bestine are key old Republic colonies amid alien regions and far from the safety of the Core fleets, just the kind of places Jedi may be dispatched to during local incursions and territorial struggles.

Obroa-Skai, Gala and Kegan were all worlds of old Republic. Ord Radama, like the other "Ords" was set up as munitions dumps for advance military outposts during the time of the Sith.

And the Sith worlds included Korriban of course we are aware was the burial grounds of the ancient Lords, Yavin IV a secret outpost built by Massassi slaves, Phindar is located as a natural staging world for military strikes against the Republic, Sith incursions may easily have stretched as far as Wayland, Gala, Toprawa, and Anzat. The many Sith factions controlled several systems during the heights of their various eras.

It was a time of frontiers, but also colonies and civilisations that had already spanned millenia. I'd like to see a bit of variety in it.

Vibro
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM

Nice idea, I'd like Taris to be in KOTOR III.

fresnosmokey02
09-16-2005, 10:04 AM
All of these suggestions are pretty good, or would be. In K3, though, aren't we headed for the outer rim (by outer rim, I am supposing that the term means something like unexplored space at the edge of the galaxy)? What planets are out there? Is the outer rim closer in this era than in later eras? Would that mean that worlds that we know of from later eras might be unknown in this era? What worlds would that include?

I would think that if we have a new PC (which makes the most sense to me) that we will have to start off in known space, perhaps in the core worlds, but at least somewhere with an academy. We may visit some worlds in known space, perhaps because of incursions by the true sith into republic space. But then we would be off into the outer rim. We are going to have to at least find out about Revan and Exile if not meet up with them. Isn't the point of K3 to continue that storyline? If we do not find out what happens with Revan and Exile in K3, then I bet these games will be more than a trilogy. I kinda hope not, as I would like to find out the end of the story before I am drawing a pension and/or lose interest.

Devilsfanatic
09-16-2005, 11:38 AM
How about Earth, honestly, who'd see that coming?

Bastila
09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
How about Earth, honestly, who'd see that coming?

Even tho star wars is a long time ago it could happen, would be very funny as well.

Darth InSidious
09-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Just a few I'd like to see... though how they could fit into the storyline / timeline will be the Devs job... hehehe ;)

- Myrkr (interesting little planet with a species of salamander that can render Force Powers useless, has a the creature called "vornskrs" that attacks Force Sensitives & plus home to alot of smuggling due to the 'metal' content trees making scanner use impossible).. would be a nice "challenge"

- Mustafar (Outer Rim Planet, lava, aka Final Battle Scene between Obi & Ani/Vader)

- Raxus Prime (Outer Rim Planet, literally a "junk" planet.. great locale for Jawas without having to re-visit Tatooine)

Only planets I can add to that are:
ZIOST - why wouldn't you want to go to the Sith capital-world?
Rhen Var - would be a nice little detour, and i'd love to compare it to my mod...
Sleheyron - I'd love to see at least a little of what the Bioware team were thinking of, nad naywya, it sounds cool :D

Devilsfanatic
09-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Even tho star wars is a long time ago it could happen, would be very funny as well.

Not only that, but it's in a galaxy far far away. I guess to them we'd be the outer rim of the outer, outer, outer rim.

Killwithhonor
09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
then times what u said by a million, lol

Lightsider
09-18-2005, 01:56 AM
Remeber the quest that you did on taris in the under city villiage to find the journals. If those people went underground to the place they were journying too, then they still might be alive and should be played out in the next game as the rebuilders of taris. Tell me if anyone thinks this is a good idea.

Aurora Merlow
09-18-2005, 06:55 AM
good call i really liked Taris in Kotor

RobQel-Droma
09-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I would like to see-
Alderaan
Coruscant

I would also like to have the option to go to maybe one or two of these during maybe your Jedi Training ( this is assuming the story is based on my idea of a new jedi)-
Kashyyyk
Manaan
Korriban
Tatooine

Probably this could end up on the Unknown World, we didn't get too see much of it, and then maybe, once you followed the path of Revan, you (I realize this is kind of a story idea but it was a good way to explain my choices) could follow the path of the Exile and go to some of these-

Onderon
Nar Shaddaa
Telos
Malachor V (maybe ruins of)

and then you would head off to the unknown regions.

NOTE: the first few should not take up more than a little bit more than a quarter of the game.

RainMan666
06-11-2006, 04:10 AM
what was that one planet that kreia says revan was from? I'd love to visit that planet. Also...Canderous mentions in the first kotor that during the mandalorian wars they were shooting at asteroids and one turned out to be a ship. I am going to guess that the flying asteroid was a yuuzhan-vong sentry without a doubt looking for a new home in other galaxies. this could be the "threat" that revan and the exile went after. so that could be the planet you would meet the 2 in kotor 3 where they found a lonely planet taken over by yuuzhan vong while they are choreographing their invansion and raising their coral stuff. Perhaps seeing the ruins of Ossus would be an interesting stop. Even the oracle at Pelgrin would be pretty sweet, because thats where Darth Sidious found out he would take over the republic because its extremely strong in the force there. Or the school or hidden wisdom which was one of the first jedi academies on the planet of Baltimm. Most of all I would love to Coruscant in this game as well as more Kath Hounds on Dantooine for me to slaughter yay!

DarthOxyClean
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
In my opinion would be good to visit Dathomir because of Night Sisters, maybe their begins, though or just their bests,
As well good point is for Ossus, as i do remember from Dark Empire comics there have been lost Jedi temples and Libraries, maybe if they would show in KotOR III, they dont have to be lost ;)

But it's only my opinion >>;

-Irae

Good idea, but remember that the surface of ossus and the Jedi Library were destroyed about 40 years before the events of KOTOR 1 and 2. So if obsidian or Bioware or whatever decides to make KOTOR 3 follow the timeline (or at least stay in the same period of time), they could travel to a ravaged ossus, maybe to find jedi artifacts or historys, or find jedi master Ood Bnar, who is now.....a....well, he is a tree. so there might be a lot of things to do on ossus. lets just hope that burning down forests isnt one of them. :firehead

what was that one planet that kreia says revan was from? I'd love to visit that planet.
that would be deralia. or...actually,

it is possible that the jedi council decided to, along with the personality transplant, program revans mind to make him think that he was born on Deralia. That makes more sense, because The Jedi Council would prefer an unsuspecting biography which was hard to verify, and also, be nothing familiar to his subconscious. Familiar things would bring his full memory back.

HOWEVER, Kreia did state that Revans homeworld was a remote planet in the Outer Rim Territories.

Feagildin
06-13-2006, 04:16 PM

You've got me sold, I like it. The only other planet I can add is a moon called Yavin IV. The actual moon, not the space station.

Darth InSidious
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
^Thirded. Good choices, Chainz!

darklord_malak
06-14-2006, 11:25 AM
i agree i like all of those planets, i think that coruscant would be a cool planet if they did not try to make you fight, i think they could make it borning. Mustafar, that planet is so cool and if their was another major battle on that planet it would reign supreme. There should be a planet like a dantooine or koriban for training, both of those planets are dead.

Revan13251
06-22-2006, 11:06 AM
there seems to be a reoccuring theme surrounding the first planet visited in each game. it is destroyed. making alderan a poor choise for a first plantet yet it would be nice to see it in the game. i want to see the twi'lec homeworld included.

Cygnus Q'ol
06-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Nice list ChAiNz. All are acceptable.

What about:

Yavin4,
Kuat Drive Yards,
Dagoba,
Kessel,
Ord Mantell,
Alderaan ,

or how about the ruins of Taris or MechisIII?

Feagildin
06-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Ya know, I was thinking some more about this, and I think we should get to see Alderaan. It plays an important role in the movies and is mentioned in a few of the sidequests in I and II, so why not visit it in III?

Yoda121
06-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Coruscant, of course
Mustafar
Hoth
A planet of Unknow Regions
A new planet in Kotor III

T.Nova
06-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Coruscant - This is probably one of the most signifacnt worlds in SW. Commerce, overpopulation and both the Republic & Jedi Order reside here. A great tribute to the SW universe, it also provides a wide range of possibilities.

Ilum - As someone said earlier, great place for lightsaber crystals and all. A place of great significance to the Jedi Order.

Corellia - From what I've read, Corellia was conquered by the Rakatan's Infinite Empire, could hold several keys to history as well as provide a nice area of commerce.

Alderaan - One of the earliest core worlds. A place that could hold alot of commerce & alot of scenary. Not only that, but it would be interesting to meet the Organa Family (perhaps for a few side quests or tie them into the plot)

Yavin IV - Has some ties to Exar Kun & all those older Sith Guys, could be interesting diving into the Sith history through Yavin IV.

Mustafar - Volcanic world, with some ties to the Jedi's background.

For returning worlds...
Korriban
Dantoonie
Taris (In a rebuilding phase like Telos was)

Exar Kun
07-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Ziost
Malastare
Ambria (Thon's Homeworld)
Ossus
Dathomir
Fullucia
Langoria
Ando Prime (Arca Jeth's Jedi Academy)
Polis Massa
Corellia
Alderaan
Roche Astroid Field (Verpine Technology)
Arkania

Manny C
07-16-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't know about you guys but i really don't want any repeated planets. The repeated planets in KOTOR 2 seemed like a cheapass way for the developers to cut corners and just reuse maps that have already been made. I say ALL NEW PLANETS, or, if they do return to an old planet, make the new areas at least as big as what we've already seen.

Jediphile
07-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Planets I think should be in KotOR3:

Coruscant
Alderaan
Myrkr
Sleheyron
Khar Delba and Khar Shian
Thule
Ziost

igyman
07-16-2006, 07:12 AM
I'd like to see completely new plantes, planets that weren't in any of the movies, or games, except, of course, Coruscant. That's a must.

STARWARSKOTOR2
07-16-2006, 09:58 AM
i would love to go to:
mustafar- cool lava fight a boss there!
tattoine again- much bigger, more to do!
death star- fight someone like vader or darth sidious!
earth- have lots of army bases and battle grounds.
yavin 4- see what its like
cant remeber... the place where that battle arena from starwars attack of the clones where all the jedi come and rescue anakin and padme!
unkown regions- see what if you can find out about revan, carth said about him at the end of kotor 2

igyman
07-16-2006, 12:30 PM
It's a little too early for the Death Star, 4000 years too early to be precise.
I'd hate to disappoint you, but Earth, as far as I know, isn't a part of the Star Wars universe. Naboo perhaps?
As for the battle arena, it's on Geonosis. :)

Phantom Joker
07-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Ithor. Never been there...

Force Lightning
07-16-2006, 05:02 PM
I think we need Korriban in there somewhere. Perhaps where the final duel takes place, seeing as it is strong with the Dark Side, making it seem like the right place for the duel to take place. Erm... perhaps an early look at Nabbo, getting to see what it looked like a few thousand years before the films. Also, as some people have said, Taris - the rebuilding phase, like Telos was in KOTOR II. And lastly a new planet, seeing as they like to add new planets into games.

jonathan7
07-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Telos restoration zones!!! maybe catch up again with bao durr, and hava better look around! maybe visit an abondoned polar academy as well

Naboo - the captial city thieves (sp) see what it looks like 4000 years before episode 1, enjoyed the PM game as thieves looked awesome!

we all want courscant, even tho im not actually a big fan of the city i want to be able to go to the 'room with a 1000 fountains has run dry.... etc' that kreia refers to in TSL an see whatever it was that predates the jedi temple (the jedi have always owned that land, but donno if the temple was there in its form shown in the films

ilum for the lightsaber crystals an a look around or ossus to see the ruined planet see if you can find any jedi stuff

alderaan or yavin 4 (surface, tho a trip to visit a now abandoned space station with a few cool odds and ends to salvage would be cool

gotta hav korriban in there, but be able to explore more of it!

T.Nova
07-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I'd like to see completely new plantes, planets that weren't in any of the movies, or games, except, of course, Coruscant. That's a must.

What you kidding me? There's like a thousand planets in SW, most of them are simply referenced in books and such. Last thing we need are completely new planets. I mean this gives you a fair idea of just how many there are.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_planets

igyman
07-17-2006, 06:08 AM
No, the last thing we need is a sequel where all you do is revisit worlds you've already seen. Revisit one or two, that's fine, but the rest have to be new and preferably not from the movies. (I've seen all of Tatooine and Dantooine I can stand and I can't stand no more).
I think the Twi'Lek homeworld would be interesting to see, or maybe Mon Calamari.

The Architect
08-18-2006, 08:47 AM
The planets I want to see in KOTOR III are...

Dxun
M4-78
Sleheyron
Alderaan
Myrkr
Khar Delba/Khar Shian
Thule
Ziost

Like everyone else, I have my reasonings (plot and roleplaying reasons) for why I would like to/want to visit these planets in KOTOR III. That's all I'll say...

lessthanjake2
08-18-2006, 04:13 PM
I dont want all the planets to be mainly human planets. I want planets where there are alien cultures in the majority that have their own ways to do things. It is interesting to be dropped into a culture you dont totally understand. To me that make Kashyyk and Manaan great.

generalvaklu321
08-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Of course, Coruscant. You should be able to migle with the politics of the Republic, e.g. persuading, bribing, extorting, supporting, , etc. Also, swing by Telos again. Oh yeah, unless you are there for 2 seconds, drop Korriban. It was great in KOTOR 1, is sucked in 2.

They should also have tons of planets. You should only have to go to a certain amount, making the replay value of the game high.

Mostly, Coruscant, they've been putting that off for a while. It's probably because it has soooo many opurtunities, they programmers dont want to bother

Lomall
08-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Any place is fine as long as it isn't Tatooine. There have been way too many trips there as it is.

Jae Onasi
08-18-2006, 11:35 PM
As long as the landscape doesn't feature endless sand, endless rocks, or endless snow, I'll be happy with pretty much any planets.

Zerimar Nyliram
10-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Personally I'd like to see the following:

Ziost: From what I understand, it's practically right next door to Korriban and may even be considered its sister planet. It's pretty important because the Sith species existed there as well as on Korriban (I'm guessing some of them were transferred there by their Rakatan slavers during the days of the Infinite Empire, since the Sith were far too primitive, even in 7,000 BBY, to have known of space travel on their own). It was also where the capital of their kingdom was moved for a time, and from where the Sith king ruled. It should deffinately play a part in the KOTOR saga.

Coruscant: This is a no-brainer. Capital of the Republic and home of the Jedi. There should deffinately be a part of the game where the player traverses the Jedi Temple.

Yavin IV: The place where Exar Kun raised his army of Massassi warriors, died, and returned 4,000 years later to terrorize the New Jedi. Also the future base for the Rebel Alliance home to the New Jedi Order. We may battle some of the leftover Massassi from days past.

Tython: Birthplace of the Jedi Order. Perhaps some ancient ruins may shed some light on the Order's enigmatic origins. It was a place where the Force Wars were waged between various religions and philosophies, out of which the Jedi were born; so it's probably extremely high in Force activity, both light and dark. This world was also cleansed of Tarrentaktics during the Great Hunt. Perhaps there are still a few lurking in the shadows?

Ossus: Home to the Jedi Order for many, many millenia. Right up until just before the games, no less. There's deffinately got to be something important to be uncovered there.

Corbos: The world on which the Dark Jedi were defeated before being exiled to the Outer Rim, where they came upon Korriban and Ziost and their native species: the Sith. Deffinately important.

Various Outer Rim Worlds: Home to the mysterious "true Sith."

Chainz has chained my thread.

Diego Varen
10-04-2006, 04:46 PM
After thinking about what Planets should be in the game, I thought of my list.

Coruscant: As many have already said, the place to learn the ways of the Force, become a Jedi, etc. This could also be like the Taris/Peragus Training opening level after the Prologue.

Alderaan: This Planets needs to be seen. Our only chance to see it was in ROTS, near the end. Perhaps it could be like the Dxun of KOTOR III.

Yavin IV: Though I like Korriban, Yavin IV could be the replacement for the tombs, etc. Also, perhaps an old friend from KOTOR could meet you there...

Mygeeto: Other than ROTS and Battlefront II, this Planet wasn't seen much. I like the Planet and it could have potential as the snowy Planet, instead of the Polar Regions on Telos and Hoth. Mygeeto could also be a Republic base.

Sleheyron: A cut Planet from KOTOR. It needs to be seen, other than severa screenshots, etc. However the lava Planet could be Mustafar, but I'd rather see Sleheyron, because I doubt Mustafar would be much, without the Droid factory.

Unknown Regions: To find the True Sith and perhaps these could be the final Planets of the game.

igyman
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Here's my latest list:
Coruscant: As it has been said over and over already, this is a must.
Csilla: I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to see the Chiss homeworld.
Myrkr: Ysalamiri and all that.
Muunilist: Could be an interesting world.
Ryloth: Twi'Leks, what more need be said? :naughty:
Ithor: Yup, the flying herdship cities would be a very spectacular sight.
Mon Calamari: A watery world and it's not Manaan (which everybody hates for some strange reason)
The homeworld/headquarters of the True Sith: a planet located either deep in the Unknown Regions, or somewhere at the very edge of the galaxy.

Jediphile
10-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Coruscant: Clearly a must
Alderaan: Like the man said - it's about time
Myrkr: Wonderful twist in a jedi game
Sleheyron: Cut from one game, mentioned in the other. To be seen!
Khar Delba/Khar Shian: Private world of Naga Sadow, complete with secret moon
Rhelg: Private world of Ludo Kressh
Ziost: Throneworld of the Sith Empire. Read: No-brainer

General Kenobi
10-04-2006, 06:06 PM
How about Corusant ONLY IF it is an actual city/planet rather than a 10 things to do Taris like in KI. ;) I'd like to see bounty hunter missions, bounty hunters for hire as followers (some very powerful but expensive). How about custom return here to get paid from different organizations like the Exchange, Cerka, etc. for doing custom quests? A rogue Jedi here or there to either contend with or based on your alliance purchase their loyality as followers. Custom shops with a wide variety of items. How about a senate house you can visit to listen to debates on your events in the galaxy.

Assignment of day/night settings to vary player effects/powers/combat etc based on their stats. (It's NEVER night in Star Wars Land) ;)

An actual house or home base other than the Ebon Hawk for storage and the like. Ability to leave followers for as long as you like "at home" without any ramifications.

I agree Alderaan should be a given as it's a CORE planet as core as you get with the galaxy revolving around the people it produces or the planet itself.

Sleheyron is another Tattoonie knockoff that they won't do just because of that; global appeal. ;)

Private worlds like Rhelg would appeal to a few but general SW fans would be like "where the heck is that?"

I think if the plot keeps with what it "hints" at, it will be a Sith Empire from outside the known rim where the Sith Lords escaped too when the original Sith planet was overthrown or the like.

I really think they should rehash ALL of the worlds encountered in KOTOR 1 & 2 plus add at least 6 more for the new core content of the game. Unique ones like Jediphile and others mentioned like Alderaan and the like.

Stretch off to custom oddball planets with vague references or the like and your in trouble. Thats why in the end they'll only go for core worlds that are very well known like Mon Calimari that are fundamental to the SW universe. Or thats my 2 cents anywho. ;)

HerbieZ
10-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Here's my latest list:
Coruscant: As it has been said over and over already, this is a must.
Csilla: I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to see the Chiss homeworld.
Myrkr: Ysalamiri and all that.
Muunilist: Could be an interesting world.
Ryloth: Twi'Leks, what more need be said? :naughty:
Ithor: Yup, the flying herdship cities would be a very spectacular sight.
Mon Calamari: A watery world and it's not Manaan (which everybody hates for some strange reason)
The homeworld/headquarters of the True Sith: a planet located either deep in the Unknown Regions, or somewhere at the very edge of the galaxy.

Add Ithor to that list and you got Kotor 3 brotha!

Manny C
10-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Ossus wouldnt work, it was destroyed

Zerimar Nyliram
10-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah? Then how does Luke relocate the New Jedi Order there, where they remained until the Legacy era in 140 ABY? The planet wasn't destroyed, life on the planet was destroyed. Even the ruins of the Jedi Enclave there still remain.

Manny C
10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
yeh thats what i meant, there's nothing there except ruins, and frankly, im sick to death of ruins. Korriban twice, dantooine enclave ruins, etc etc, lets have some planets with life please. The best planets in the previous games imo are the ones that ARENT dead. Hey, i just thought of a new thread.

Totenkopf
10-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I'd prefer to chart out NEW territory (ie no repeat planets). However, whether alien or human, I'd like those worlds to be better fleshed out than the half hearted efforts in TSL. Eight to ten planets/destinations would be fine, but I'd want to see a lot of options for sidestories/quests. Better to have a lot to do than not. If that means they need to wait till late '07/08 to release it, doesn't bother me. If it's really good or great, than it'll be worth the wait.

RedHawke
10-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Who wouldn't mind seeing Ryloth? :xp:

Manny C
10-05-2006, 03:06 AM
i totally agree, dantooine and Korriban AGAIN? there wasn't even much to see on korriban the first time, and even then they cut them both in half! Pure laziness. And this isnt the case with just the planets either, there were almost NO new models for armour or weapons, just new names and reskins of the old ones. The only new stuff was the robes.

Edit: ryloth is all underground, which i think would be kinda boring, but you never know, could work

khawk
10-05-2006, 04:33 AM
You know, I think making planets list is okay but I really think it should just fit in a story. Kotor III allready needs quiet a bit of variables considering Revan / the Exile, their alignments and their companions. If you add to that a lot of planets you want to visit, it may be very difficult if not impossible to build a good story.

So far, I am building a story myself and I have the following planets:

1) Coruscant
2) Ord Mantell
3) Xin (a planet in the unknown regions in true sith space).

Don't worry, a lot more come up but this is it for now.

igyman
10-05-2006, 05:07 AM
Add Ithor to that list and you got Kotor 3 brotha!

It is on the list. :p Look more closely. It's just before Mon Calamari. :D

Mandalore252
10-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Any planet but plz put more than 5 or 6 planets! kotor II is small!

Jediphile
10-05-2006, 08:20 AM
yeh thats what i meant, there's nothing there except ruins, and frankly, im sick to death of ruins. Korriban twice, dantooine enclave ruins, etc etc, lets have some planets with life please. The best planets in the previous games imo are the ones that ARENT dead. Hey, i just thought of a new thread.

Agreed. Besides, planets like Ossus and Yavin IV were devastated by Exar Kun's Sith War, which is only 50 or so years before the KotOR games. The movies are 4000 years later, and so the planets would have recovered much more. And yet Ossus is still more of a wasteland than anything else in Luke's time...

Who wouldn't mind seeing Ryloth? :xp:

Actually, I'd rather see Zeltros :naughty:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zeltros

BigJaySolo
10-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Personally I would like to see Dagobah. We know very little about the planet and I want to learn more about it.

BanthaFodder01
10-10-2006, 09:04 PM
I think we should be thinking...oh wait someone said it lol. Well ill repeat Khawk, we should be thinking of planets related to the story.

-Alderraan, maybe Mira is there, she did mention wanting to see it in KOTOR II, and I know she was all serious about it but at least its a reason.
-Ossus - since this was the home to the jedi for hundreds and thousands of years it should at least be there to go and see to find artifacts or maybe Mical. however in KOTOR II we learn Atris took most of the artifacts from Ossus, but maybe we never got to see them, so maybe someon took them back hehe.
- Couruscant, it shouldnt be too hard, I mean they were able to do Taris in 2003, and seeing as how theyll probably be developing this game in 07 or 08.....
- Rhen Var - I wouldnt mind seeing a jedi academy here, however im not sure if Rhen Var has gone into an ice age yet or not, if it hasnt then its a jungle world I think. However the jedi academy is there regardless and theres lots of temples (not sure if they are ruins) and crystal caves.

khawk
10-11-2006, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the support Bantha Fodder.

To me, Alderaan is fine. It's a popular planet. Nearly everyone wishes to see it so I guess it would be good to include the planet.

Ossus however is difficult. At the time of Kotor, it would be a planet like Malachor V. Desert, chemical and electrical storms and very little life remained on the surface. Link to Ossus (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ossus)

Coruscant: Off course it should be included, it's the capital world of the republic!!

Rhen Var: I agree! If you wonder what's it's like? Link to Rhen Var (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rhen_Var)

It is an ice covered planet after the Great Sith war, but a Jedi academy? Who wants to become a Jedi if you have to stay for years on a very cold planet?
The Jedi have to have some kind of competition over the Sith! What if the Sith build their academy on a Tropical paradise world like Rakata Prime? :laughing:

No that's unfair.

Zerimar Nyliram
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I agree at too many planets would thin the plot. After all, there are a total of twelve different ways you can play the game (and yes, I did the math), depending up what gender you choose, which path you take, and which genders and paths Revan and the Exile held when you talk about their paths.

Another thing: nearly all of the Jedi we meet in both games were trained at the enclave on Dantooine. And the Jedi have how many enclaves throughout the galaxy? it's getting old! Revan (twice!), Bastila, Juhani, the Exile and Mical. Jolie and Kreia we don't know about, and Atton and Brianna had no prior Jedi training. Seriously, have the Jedi characters in KOTOR III come from different enclaves. The main character should come from Coruscant. If not, then have one of the other Jedi characters come from Coruscant, but deffinately have a part of the game where you must visit the Jedi Temple there.

RC-1162
10-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Personally I would like to see Dagobah. We know very little about the planet and I want to learn more about it.

thats asking for an INTENSIVE game lag with some of our less advanced graphics cards. did you see the planet in ESB? the place sucks.

[FTJ] NiCkY
10-11-2006, 01:43 PM
wot about a new planet where there is a sith and jedi training place already established, but they are both hiden from each but yet there are stil rumors of each other on the island...if u no wot i mean i am new here by the way

Vaelastraz
10-11-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't really care what planets are included in Kotor III as long as we do not need to go to the already explored planets again.

I myself would like to see planets full of life. No deserts, no kashyyk like planets, no dantoine like planets.

I'd like to see Coruscant, Corellia, Zeltros (:D), and others..

Diego Varen
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
NiCkY']wot about a new planet where there is a sith and jedi training place already established, but they are both hiden from each but yet there are stil rumors of each other on the island...if u no wot i mean i am new here by the way

Welcome to the Forums [FTJ] NiCkY. First, a bit of advice and I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but that spelling is a bit bad. People usually take each other more seriously if words are spelled correctly and there are capitals when needed. Words like "wot" I doubt people will take seriously.

Also, that idea doesn't sound that great, no offense. I would've thought both the Jedi and the Sith would be able to sense each other.

[FTJ] NiCkY
10-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the Forums [FTJ] NiCkY. First, a bit of advice and I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but that spelling is a bit bad. People usually take each other more seriously if words are spelled correctly and there are capitals when needed. Words like "wot" I doubt people will take seriously.

Also, that idea doesn't sound that great, no offense. I would've thought both the Jedi and the Sith would be able to sense each other.
i am using my psp coz my motherboard....i use short hand anyway

Diego Varen
10-11-2006, 03:01 PM
NiCkY']i am using my psp coz my motherboard....i use short hand anyway

Can PSP use the internet? I need to read my manual again.

[FTJ] NiCkY
10-11-2006, 03:05 PM
my motherboard broke

khawk
10-11-2006, 05:52 PM
@Zerimar Nyliram
I guess you ment Dantooine. Not Ossus. No problem.

@Nicky
The idea about the Sith and the Jedi on the same planet doesn't really sound good to me either.
I do remember off course that the entire Jedi council stood in front of their enemy (Palpatine) in AOTC but two academies?
I guess the developers wouldn't think about it.

RedHawke
10-12-2006, 02:29 AM
Stay on topic folks. ;)

HerbieZ
10-13-2006, 06:58 PM
"I never thought I'd find true love on Zeltros, and I didn't. What I did find was a double-jointed Zeltron cafarel named Lissahl who taught me the errors of monogamy. I might never leave!"
— Jiri Sools

Pack up your troubles, were going to Zeltros and im driving! Also, igyman, thats spooky i swear it was never on there. however i agree with your herdcities comment. Seeing that it Kotor would be spectacular.

Zerimar Nyliram
10-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I'll tell you what I'd like to see: something about what happened to the Outcasts from the undercity on Taris, and if they made it to the Promised Land. Perhaps they found this underground city and were thus spared from the destruction of the planet's surface? The player could visit this land deep beneath Taris' ruined surface.

thegreatjoshini
10-15-2006, 08:05 AM
If we get corellia, then I would hope we might get to see some ancestors of some well known heros hint, hint.

MetalMark
10-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Korriban and Dantooine again. One is the planet of the sith and the other of the jedi so they need to be included.

Diego Varen
10-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Korriban and Dantooine again. One is the planet of the sith and the other of the jedi so they need to be included.

As much as I like Korriban, I wouldn't want that or Dantooine to return in the third game. The Jedi planet can be Coruscant and the Sith planet could be somewhere that hasn't starred in the KOTOR games. A Planet like Dromund Kaas.

Zerimar Nyliram
10-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Or Ziost. That'd be the most obvious choice.

I think KOTOR was before the Sith settled on Dromund Kaas.

goldberry
10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Okay, I would just like to mention that at this time, Mustafar would still be
a lush green world
Malachor V cannot be revisited, because two versions would have to be made (Exile stayed and left the planet alone, or Exile blew the living s*** out of it).
Same kind of deal with Onderon (Dxun could be revisited, because all that would be needed is a mention of who controls Onderon.)
Dantooine strikes me as kind of pointless (Sure, the enclave is back, but if the dark path was chosen for the exile, there are no "new" jedi to live there)

If we are saying, say... eight planets? Then I will say:

1) Coruscant- I'm not going to even put a reason.

2) The Unknown Planet- We need more info on the Rakata peoples.

3) Either Telos or Taris- We really only need one ruined planet, but it would be nice to visit one.

4) Either Tatooine or Geonosis- Only one desert planet needed.

5) Ossus- Ruins, yes, but IMO we need a planet this cool.

6) Hoth- It's really... freaking... cold.

7) Either Yavin 4 or Korriban- Expanding on the sith temples and... stuff.

8) Mandalore- Mandalorian backstory needs exploring a little more. Maybe a Mandalore=Canderous sidequest for the slow people.

Zerimar Nyliram
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, we know that it's called Rakata Prime.;)

Manny C
10-16-2006, 01:04 AM
id like to see alderaan personally, but its supposed to be peaceful, ie uneventful (other than its demise of course)

ViperSkeele
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Personally i would like to actually go to coruscant and do things there like fight crime and visit the senate and the jedi temple. I also would like to visit the massassi tempkes on yavin 4.

This time round i do not want to go to Dantooine or Korriban, i think we have seen alll we can see there.

Yes, definately the fourth moon of Yavin, Coruscant would be cool. I would like to go back to Dantooine to see the cleaned up (possibly rebuilt) Jedi academy, even if it's not a Jedi location any more. Specifically I would want to see the "star forge" ruins again, maybe with a sub level previously undiscovered.
As far as Korriban, I would if the whole module were in a new location, not at the Sith academy. Certainly there must be more ancient Sith Lords buried there, and more artifacts to be discovered in some other ruins, maybe a really creepy buried temple (something which was noticeably missing from the tombs area)
My biggest wish though would be to travel beyond the outer rim worlds to some previously unknown planets, maybe even to Nihilus' birthplace, or the location in the Kreia's fall cutscene from TSL
Thoughts?

MetalMark
10-16-2006, 02:27 PM
The cutscene of Kreia´s fall is on Malachor so you´ve allready been there. Like I said in my other post Dantooine and Koriban again. Further planets in the unknown region for the search of Revan (or something like that).

goldberry
10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
The cutscene of Kreia´s fall is on Malachor so you´ve allready been there.

Out of interest, have you finished TSL? It's just that your comment seems very naive.

khawk
10-17-2006, 05:43 AM
If we are saying, say... eight planets? Then I will say:

1) Coruscant- I'm not going to even put a reason.

3) Either Telos or Taris- We really only need one ruined planet, but it would be nice to visit one.

4) Either Tatooine or Geonosis- Only one desert planet needed.

5) Ossus- Ruins, yes, but IMO we need a planet this cool.

6) Hoth- It's really... freaking... cold.

7) Either Yavin 4 or Korriban- Expanding on the sith temples and... stuff.

8) Mandalore- Mandalorian backstory needs exploring a little more. Maybe a Mandalore=Canderous sidequest for the slow people.

Ha, finally a list. I guess I can give some comments.

1) Yes off course, everyone wants Coruscant. They have to include the planet.

2) Okay, I guess the Rakata could have something to do in the main plot of Kotor III. I allready guessed once that "the plague" in which the Rakata lost their connection to the force might have been caused by the Sith, who knows.

3) Well, I would prefer Taris over Telos. Why? Because we could have two different scenarios on Telos. It could have been claimed by Czerka (DS Exile) or being rebuild by the Ithorians (LS Exile) while Taris is simply ruined by Darth Malak.

4) Yes, that would do nicely. Maybe Geonosis is better since we allready have seen Tatooine in Kotor I. I don't think Tatooine would offer anything new right now.

5) Well, I don't really like it but if it is somehow very important to the plot I guess we could include it. It has to be very important since there is no one present on that world which means it is difficult to make sidequests or to fight something. It would be like Peragus or Korriban in Kotor II.

6) No, please no, there is absolutely nothing on Hoth at that time. If someone would like a cold planet why not go to Csilla, Chiss homeworld and in the Unknown regions.

7) Then yes, yes, yes, go to Yavin IV. I like that moon. No more Korriban please! Visited that planet twice now. It's enough.

8) Yeah, why not. The Mandalorians are an important faction in Kotor.

MetalMark
10-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Out of interest, have you finished TSL? It's just that your comment seems very naive.

Hell, I have finished the game dozen of times. Only thing I still want is playing through the whole game on neutral. Tried it multiple times but always end up light or dark.