PDA

View Full Version : GL or DX and if GL

zippydsm
08-16-2005, 04:25 PM
I have a question dose KOTOR use GL then if so could I use one of the alterante GL APIs that are out to help it along?

I have a 9700 PRO AIW ATI card

Ran across one fo my older posts about JK2 or JK3 and wicked GL and tohught Mmmmmm could I get past any of the ATI bugs by useing soemthign like it.

stingerhs
08-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Kotor runs on OpenGL, so go ahead and experiment (and post your results here). ;)

zippydsm
08-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Ok when I am highly caffinated and feel like palying with it I will mood swings have me on dark side currnetly >>

zippydsm
08-18-2005, 11:28 AM
So far I ahve found out that it will use the opengl dll that you palce by the kotor exe file wicked GL is of corse made for Voodoo cards and sicne I no longer ahve one cant test it *L* I am currently lookinf for a FX wraper I found soem for the NVIDA demos like dawn but thier more fixs for them and not ture wrapers.

ChAiNz.2da
08-18-2005, 11:54 AM
So far I ahve found out that it will use the opengl dll that you palce by the kotor exe file wicked GL is of corse made for Voodoo cards and sicne I no longer ahve one cant test it *L* I am currently lookinf for a FX wraper I found soem for the NVIDA demos like dawn but thier more fixs for them and not ture wrapers.
Have you tried Vodoo Files?

http://www.voodoofiles.com/

They have a few, not many, wrappers.. but I'd look in their Tools section or their Tweaks, as well.. might be able to find something in there :)

zippydsm
08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Not been there sicne I upgradeing froma V5 :P

I ahve found ut that the atioglxx.dll for the DAWN demo helps minorly,you dont need the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 and it seems to makes thigns better.altho you still get the odd texture coruptions now and then and the wild lil white pixels.

zippydsm
08-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Cant seem to do anyhtign aobut the texture probs I am haveing,the bush on tatoonie and Hutts mouths seem to have teture corputions I cant recall any others besides that and the lil white pixs that apper mostly in the ebon hawk.
I also noticed that extrime blur (Omega drivers) with AA off looks great and runs fast!
the GL blur (omega drivers) is to blury 0-o