PDA

View Full Version : stargate possible conversion

SITHSLAYER133
08-17-2005, 01:25 AM
would any1 be interested in a stargate conversion of tsl ?

ive starting building the models with massive!!! intent on finishing it through

Darkkender
08-17-2005, 01:31 AM
I would be interested. Will there be Atlantis? How about the Daedalus? Or a Jumper? I hope this means SG team uniforms. If your including Atlantis then the addition of the standard Atlantis clothing would be great as well. Oh can't forget the P-90's, Zats, & Staff weapons. Also standard Go'uald armor and gear as well. I suppose I could help with the scripting.

Doc Valentine
08-17-2005, 01:56 AM
How do you plan on mimiking the planets on StarGate? I have seen the movie, no the series, but would that kind of TC require massive changes in models including modules? Weapons I can see you doing but Im pretty sure we cant edit module models yet. Unless someone has intended on breaking my heart and not telling me :p.

-Gsccc

Darth333
08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't mind a small custom skin mod inspired by other sources than StarWars. However, a massive conversion mod using someone else's intellectual property, such as importing the Stargate world into Kotor, rises copyrights issues.

Doc Valentine
08-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Well actually darth333 they have done it for Battlefield 1942. Im pretty sure that the makers of the world are not that concerned with mods an such. I think the only thing you would need to be worried about is if they were porting models form a game that was Stargate.

But then you are the lawyer :p.

If worse comes to worst, you can simply change the name and edit a few aspects of the mod. I HIGHLY doubt anyone would get there noses up for a rip off, thats what they did for a Resident Evil mod on some game.

mrdefender
08-17-2005, 04:11 PM
I would love a stargate tc!!!!!

Replace the ebon hawk with the Daedalus or the Prometheus and I'll marry you :wub:

I wouldn't mind crashing in a puddle jumper either lol

NewDigger
08-17-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't think you can edit module models yet, and I have heard that MGM has been shutting down mods because they do not want anyone using the name stargate. (My bet is because they think people will not buy the game as much if they have mods.)

Anyway, I like the idea.
I would love a mod like this, but I don't think it can be done. (The modules)
It would be great to change the enemies to Jaffa though, and then prehaps have Zats and P-90's and staff weapons. And to turn your party members into SG-Team members.

If not though, I'd love to walk around with a zat and just zat people.
I wanna see how this works out.

Dark_lord_Cheez
08-17-2005, 05:08 PM
I'd love to walk around with a zat and just zat people.

Same here :D .

Sounds like a great idea, hope you can pull through with it :) .

Oh and good luck :D

SITHSLAYER133
08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
ive got a finished staff model im havin problems with animations how do i change them?

the game for stargate is no longer an option cause its been cancelled

rgdelta
08-17-2005, 08:12 PM
the Role Playing Game from AEG has been but the action game is in Limbo as it was pulled from the current developer and they need to determine if it is economical to go to another developer. http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/05/news_6130425.html

Darkkender
08-18-2005, 01:14 AM
the Role Playing Game from AEG has been but the action game is in Limbo as it was pulled from the current developer and they need to determine if it is economical to go to another developer. http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/05/news_6130425.html

Just an RPG note there is already a Stargate SG1 RPG it is based off of D20 Spycraft.(I have every one of the handbooks published for this system so far as well as my other D20 favorite Dragonstar.)

However Sithslayer I had been developing a stargate esque dialogue module warp method for a while now I was just biding my time to rope some others into doing a group project. The dialogue checks for 7 encoded chevrons and matches the pattern to a certain module. I just can't remember how many different cartuses were on the gate as I started it so I might need to tweak it.

SITHSLAYER133
08-18-2005, 01:46 AM
i think i have a pic some whetre do u mean the dhd or the actualy gate

Darkkender
08-20-2005, 02:25 AM
i think i have a pic some whetre do u mean the dhd or the actualy gate

I was refering to the gate itself. Even though the DHD would have the same number of symbols as it is a user interface designed to manually dial to each cartuse, just like a intergalactic Telephone. I have various Stargate pictures but none of them seem to have full Gate pictures.

General Kenobi
08-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I believe on a full on view of a normal sized stargate (pre Atlantis) is 50.

I mentioned this a few months back and was "skoffed" at for the idea. ;) I'm glad to see someone else thought it up and is actually gonna follow through with it. :thumbsup The whole "a stargate would be really KEWL thang" :D
Can't wait to see what it turns out like :D

:ben:
General Kenobi

Darkkender
08-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Hey sithslayer I think I might be able to try to pull off the look of the gate becoming active with scripting provided we have about 9 seperate skins for the same model.

skin 1: Inactive gate.
skin 2: One chevron.
skin 3: Two Chevron's.
etc.
skin 8: 7 Chevron's no event horizon(unflushed).
skin 9: 7 Chevron's with event Horizon/Wormhole.

We might even be able to create a phony wormhole flushing effect through the use of multiple skins and scripts but doing all of these routines would also require at least 9 entries in placeables.2da.

SITHSLAYER133
08-21-2005, 03:04 AM
darkender would u mind helping me scripting?

Darkkender
08-21-2005, 04:10 AM
darkender would u mind helping me scripting?

consider it done.

SITHSLAYER133
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
i was thinking about using the terminal model for the dhd with ever planet but onderon dialable cause of its uniqness

JedI_XtRmIsT
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
if it helps i suggest not calling it "Stargate" call it something similar so as not to cause any conflict

also i have a pic of a map that was made of a world from starget sg1 including a hu'tak, gliders and a gate w? dhd if anyone wants it

but sounds like an uber sweet idea i'll help with what i can just let me know what to do

SITHSLAYER133
08-22-2005, 07:56 PM
jedi extremist can i possible borrow that ? ive got one of my friends building a dhd for use with the gate

Darkkender
08-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Does somebody have a total number of cartuses that are present on the Gate ring yet? I'm setting up the dialogue to make use of various ascii characters and I'd like to know how many to use. 50 sounds like an awful lot but it might be fun so as to really mess with people.

Jackel
08-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Does somebody have a total number of cartuses that are present on the Gate ring yet? I'm setting up the dialogue to make use of various ascii characters and I'd like to know how many to use. 50 sounds like an awful lot but it might be fun so as to really mess with people.
37 or 39 from memory. There was definately not 50 of them.

General Kenobi
08-24-2005, 02:23 PM
I counted them in a full on shot and that was close but feel free to count yourself. This is a different pic than I looked at first time and I counted it and it was 39 I believe.

Just remember MANY gates have more or less cartushes or whatever than others do. The Atlantis gate has more. Several on SG1 did. The "underwater" world where the water itself was "alive"; that gate had a great many symbols. I believe it was supposed to be one of the races of the ancient alliance. Maybe the Furrlings cause it wasn't Asguard or Nox. :D

Here's the shot of the full on gate GO HERE (http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/Chapai.jpg)

If we don't wanna use Stargate for it's name how about (sp) Chapai? That's what the Abbadonians first introduced it to us as.

General Kenobi

Darkkender
08-25-2005, 12:26 AM
All of the gates that sg-1 traveled to had the same number of cartuses. I imagine so did atlantis however atlantis had new cartuses. However 39 it is that should work for the super dialogue.

masterchief2491
08-25-2005, 07:16 PM
again id be really excited aobut the IDEA but in reality its guna be a hell of alot harder then it sounds. and again copyright laws have a huge impact on what you can do. i sugest just makeing daniel oneil teal'c sam hammond etc. all playable characters (and apophis if u can) Again tho i really dont see a dhd coming into play or any of the really complex ideas... all u could really do with the gate is make the exit from the ship the gate so it seems as if ur walkin through the gate to the other planet...

so if u really are determined go ahead but i really dont see this going anywhere... ideas like this are always thrown up in the air but it never works out...
can i sugest u do character reskins and item packs instead? and if its possible get rid of one of the jedi classes and replace it with jaffa or goa'uld... with both u could have a constant healling force power that costs 0 seeing as the symbiote would heal them

ps ive got an ok design for apophis's serpent guard armour under way without the helmet

General Kenobi
08-25-2005, 08:21 PM
hard but not impossible. Take Stoffe for example. A KILLER modder and I'd bet money could script a stargate with effort. Look at her force powers! Some of the effects she uses I'd never even seen before. ;) Besides if you can make steam or smoke you can make a wormhole threshold point. :D

It will be a monumental undertaking for the Stargate(s) but man o man how sweet it will be ;)

General Kenobi

Darkkender
08-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I've already got the dialogue nearly finished and I'm working on a case switch setup for the module warp for scripting.

General Kenobi
08-26-2005, 08:31 PM
See DK I knew MasterChief was wrong :D If anyone can do it you can man :thumbsup:

General Kenobi

Darth InSidious
08-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Just for the record, the word is "cartouche" ;)
Although I htink y'all talking about chevrons, which are the symbols ;)
A cartouch is an oval in which a pharaoh's name goes ;)
It's also the french for a cartridge (of the weapon type ;) )

masterchief2491
08-26-2005, 11:48 PM
i guess i was rong... maybe this will go somewhere but im still concerned about copyrite laws... i dont mean to sound like a pesimist but having dialog done doesnt mean that the models and modules are guna work out... i really hope it does but u have to remember that to my knowledge module editing still isnt possible so its gonna be hard to do something... i really hope this works out...
can i make a sugestion? instead og having consuler guardian and sentinels make it human jaffa and tok'ra (once they go darkside they can get the goa'uld eyes and stuff)
also all the goa'uld abilities and stuff open up alot of opprotunity for force powers... the hand thing the healing (could also be done as a feat) etc.
good luck and try and make sure not to break copyrite so that it isnt removed the minute its put up

by the way the symbols are glyphs and the triangle things on the gate that light up are the chevrons

SITHSLAYER133
08-27-2005, 05:12 AM
{snip} "unnecesary" comment. Leave this behind when you post here. - d333

darkender i got this guy making the gate and a dhd how u going with the scripting

Darkkender
08-27-2005, 10:52 AM
@Masterchief. Creating new modules from scratch are not possible yet however we can edit existing modules and add placeables into them. We can also create new modules by reusing existing modules. We can even retexture modules that are currently available.

@Darth InSidious. Thanks for the spelling correction. In stargate they use Cartouches interchangeabley as the symbols themselves found across the galaxy. That is one of there few inconsistancies throughout the show. That's why I just stick to trying to refer to the symbols as cartouches.
However the Chevrons are the Triangular pieces that light up when they become locked. Whence they use this popular phrase. "Chevron 1 Encoding, Chevron 2 encoding, ...., Chevron 7 encoded and locked."

Darth InSidious
08-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Oh, thanks :)

masterchief2491
08-27-2005, 05:08 PM
k sith slayer wtf is your problem????? i said i hope it works out im just saying that there is such thing as copyright and ur guna get in trouble with it if u arent careful! ur just pissy cuz i made the jaffa armour before ur conversion was done. i had the thread up here and u never said anything to me while i was making it. why didnt u just ask me not to and give me a good reason! and i never said i was guna give u skinning help.
when i posted my mod u said u asked me and then u changed ur mind. so dont flip out on me over something that i never offered to do. and u are not the first person to come up with a stargate idea ur just the first one to actually try anything. ive tried bein positive and if im not mistaken darth333 said "I don't mind a small custom skin mod inspired by other sources than StarWars. However, a massive conversion mod using someone else's intellectual property, such as importing the Stargate world into Kotor, rises copyrights issues." ive had my say and if this mod gets removed dont start b****in because darth333 is a lawyer so u shud take her advice seriously.

SITHSLAYER133
08-28-2005, 03:09 AM
im srry about this mastercheif2491

plz accept my apology

masterchief2491
08-28-2005, 10:31 PM
its okay and i just wanted to say i wont release any of the other stargate things ive got running for personal use until after the tc is complete and that im sure it isnt in the conversion

SITHSLAYER133
08-29-2005, 03:58 AM
if u want u can become one of the main skinners becuase i can only really do basic stuf ive got friends but its just tob big for me and him 2 do

masterchief2491
08-29-2005, 12:28 PM
yeah sure il help... ive already started some loading screens and the main menu stuff. ive also done a really simple reskin of nihilus into anubis... al i really had to do was make the mask black and add some white in on certain parts so he had the glow he got from being ascended, and just for fun i changed the cantina music to the charlie mopps beer beer beer song... i dont know if u want that or not but i thot it was funny... made it seem more human.

Doc Valentine
08-29-2005, 01:12 PM
This all looks like it will come together quite nicely! :)

Im glad to finally see someone undertake a large storyline mod/conversion other than me :p.

Best of luck, and if you ever need any help, I'm always around.

masterchief2491
08-29-2005, 01:49 PM
im not sure about all the legal parts of this so i have some questions... some about legality some not... when the game boots up and is just beginning it shows the picture of nihilus sion and visas with the legal information about the copyright for starwars... ive modified the picture to be a stargate sg1 team and stuff but ive left the legal information there... does anyone know if the legal information needs to stay?

also can anyone tell me where all the cantina songs are in kotor tool... ive replaced them and forgot to back them up... i dont wana replace everything without being able to return it all to normal if i screw up... if you could send me the originals that would be great to... the ones i need are in the stremsounds folder under the names of:
al_cantina_band
al_bar_beat_03
al_jazz

finnally i need to know what planets each planet is being made after... ive done ebon hawk load screens and the start up ones changed the kotor2 logo to the sg1 one but i dont know what to make the load screens for the planets because i dont know what planet onderon for example is being converted to... if someone could drop me a pm with the list of planets or put it onto this forum i would gladly do them for u... and once all the models and things are done il see if theres anyhting i can skin... the dhd and gate would probably be a bit of a challenge to get all the chevrons on... i dont even know if i COULD do that so we may have to ask someone else that has lots of experience with skins.

by the way for all the songs in the game we'll need to have samples of stargate songs instead if full versions... this shouldnt be a problem... anyone with windows xp can cut parts of a wave file out but it isnt very precise... i can do that but no more so if someone else has programs for that they should do it instead... id rather stick with reskining menus and items but if u want me to il do the music too.

General Kenobi
08-29-2005, 04:40 PM
does anyone know if the legal information needs to stay?

Of course it does. Hence the reason Holowan Plugin's custom's retained them ;)

General Kenobi

masterchief2491
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
k thanx... lol

SITHSLAYER133
08-30-2005, 12:36 AM
well actualy ive got the opening theme

and i got an idea for classes
gardians are jaffa with minor gouald means minor healin
setinals are humans havant decided yet
consulars toqra with major healin

masterchief2491
08-30-2005, 12:54 AM
k ive got a bunch of things for the loaders and launchers done... i finnished the launcher with a clip of the opening theme for the show and a goa'uld hand weapon for the click... i can send it to u if ud like... ive also done the loading screens for the ebon hawk (entering it and the prologue damaged picture) ive also completed the legal thing at the begining and the loading screen for when you start a new game. i need to know what planets the others are going to be converted to before i attempt their load screens. once all the item models are done il gladly help with the textures if you need me to. ive also done a simple reskin of nihilius face to make him look more like anubis after his ascension/descension i didnt do the robes or anything im not to concerned about that now.
also since the name of the game is the "sith lords" it would be really easy to convert the enemies to "system lords"
nihilus:anubis
sion:apophis
traya:nirrti or osiris in the female host
ive recoloured the green in the load screens are in a stargateish blue.
so tell me what planets their being converted to and il do the load screens. id like to suggest the harbinger become a goa'uld mother ship or a tok'ra ship defeated by sion/apophis and that korriban become abydos.

ps ive even got the original song by john williams done for the movie

Darkkender
08-30-2005, 12:55 AM
well actualy ive got the opening theme

and i got an idea for classes
gardians are jaffa with minor gouald means minor healin
setinals are humans havant decided yet
consulars toqra with major healin

The sentinels should be Nox -> Arrogant and aloof. :laughing:

masterchief2491
08-30-2005, 12:59 AM
by the way its spelt tok'ra not toqra
and for humans you could just give them boosted health or extra weapon proficiency that the others cant get.
and sentinels are to crapy to be nox. the nox can like raise the dead and stuff. sith slayer is right. humans are best.
its always best if we stick to species that all people should recognise

SITHSLAYER133
08-30-2005, 03:13 AM
habd devices instead of sabers for traya nihlus and sion

prestige class could be

first prime instead of weapon master
acended instead of watchman
but i cant think of 1 for the tok'ra

edited by d333: double posts merged

SITHSLAYER133
08-30-2005, 07:02 AM
i got a skin which i used from the no armor bit can some tell me how 2 make it into a wearble item

masterchief2491
08-30-2005, 02:47 PM
about the prestige classes... since the ascended people are no longer corporeal beings its really odd to make them a prestige class...
id like to say for the dark side ones you could use
system lord:sith lord
sith assasin:Ashrak (species of trained killers for the goa'uld)
sith marauder: first prime (because first primes are evil)

light side could be
jedi weapon master:shol'vah (what jaffa are when the betray there "god" goa'uld and join the rebellion.
jedi watchmen: tok'ra operative (by the way tok'ra literally means "against ra" who was the first goa'uld to figure out they could capture human hosts)
jedi master:tollan (humans that grew incredibly fast in technowledgy when taken off planet by the goa'uld)

and for sith assasins they should become jaffa foot soldiers
and the mandalorian camp should be a tok'ra camp
dark jedi of all types should become superjaffa/kull wariors (anubis's special jaffa genetically modified and enhanced by the ancient's technology

also if anyone still needs an image of the dhd with all the chevrons on it ive got one.
and would someone PLEASE tell me what we're turning the planets into!! il get started on load screens for the mandalorian/tok'ra base

posts merged by D333. Please use the edit button instead of double and tripple posting.

Thecordler
08-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Shol'va= former jaffa whome now practice cunning, resourcfulness, and subterfuge rather than the traditional jaffa way. Class skills : demolitions, computer, stealth

Jaffa footsoldier= standard jaffa whome is trained in the arts of war and have undying loyalty to thier gods.

First Prime = jaffa whome has been givent the honor to serve as his God's Right hand, these jaffa have seen the power of thier god's and tend to either be utter loyal or easily turned to a shol'va as they see more than any jaffa does of his god. They tend to see the weakness, fear, and source of the Magic that they supposidly wield which steers them to become the greatest of loyal followers or the most dangerous of Shol'va.

goa'uld Warmaster: When a goau'ld larvae becoms a full goa'uld he must live his existance as a servent of a Systemlord waiting till the day he can achieve the status as well. One such servitude is becoming a Warmaster for his Lord, which is a command of 1 hat'ak mothership and the compliment of jaffa as well. Warmasters are given the task of enforcing the system lords wrath and tyanny against any usurping planets within the goa'uds system. More often than not they are also always battling against other opposing system lords and thier warmaste's.

Goa'uld Tyrant: When a goau'ld larvae becoms a full goa'uld he must live his existance as a servent of a Systemlord waiting till the day he can achieve the status as well. One such service is becoming a goa'uld tyrant, which the young goa'uld is tasked with maintaing a world under his masters rule. it is thier job to ensure that worlds have unyielding faith and devotion to there gods, mine resources, and other task suited for slaves. More often than not the tyrants usually make alliances with warmasters to secretely build and maintain thier own armies in hopes to one day rise to much more power within the goa'uld feudal system.

presitge classes: Any goa'uld class is a prestige only for Humans, as they have become Hosts to a goa'uld (evil classes of coarse), Tok'ra should be for good humans, First prime for evil jaffa, shol'va for good jaffa, such.

Weapns:
Human: FnP90 (Sub machine Gun), Barreta 9mm, HK mk23 (.45acp SOCOM), Grenade (frag, or stun).
Jaffa: Staff weapon, Zaknika'tel, TAC,
Tok'ra: Kara Kesh (Hand device), Zatnika'tel, TERs
Goauld: Kara Kesh, Hara Kesh (ashrak/zatarc hand device)

if you need any help with a good story idea i got a few, im a SG fanatic with 1-7 dvd boxes, tvzone mags, all AEG PnP books, and some of the sg-1 comics.

masterchief2491
08-30-2005, 05:32 PM
id like to suggest turning the freedon nadds tomb into the tomb where the rusian team was lost... i believe the planet was p2x-338 but im not sure... anyone who is working on this conversion and needs info theres a great site www.chevron26.com
also if someone could find me an exterior and an interior picture of the tomb
and really thecordler just said the same things i did... i had some more well known enemies and classes so that people other then us stargate fanatics would recognise... i dont think dividing up the types of goa'uld is really good when we've got 3 different species for our classes... im also wondering about the ashrak being one because its a whole new species... i do agree that making goa'uld the darkside transition... in fact i said that in my earlier posts about going lightside or darkside for human and tok'ra (the symbiote of the tok'ra begins to control the host) by the way thecordler if youd like to name us all the weapons i doubt that anyone would have a problem cuz even i dont know wat every weapon is called...

now since no1 has objected im assuming we're doing the system lords instead of sith lords... ive changed the logo and i hope people like it... it now says stargate sg1 the system lords... im just having some problems because now it has a big black box in the load screen... other then that ive had no problems other then that nobody seems to want to tell me what each planet is guna be... id like to sugest making onderon the new tollan planet and having a rebellion there that the tok'ra (mandalorians help bring you to in order to help)... im also assuming that the ebon hawk is being reskinned to look a bit more like the prometheus... another sugestion i have is to make korriban the original goa'uld home world and make some small pools in places full of symbiotes and have the enemies be "wild unas"... and finally (and obviously) the ravager has to become more like anubis's goa'uld mother ship.

Lando Griffin
08-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Why would you model the ravager, I mean u never see it in the game, just in the movies, all you get to see is the inside.

SITHSLAYER133
08-30-2005, 07:47 PM
good job master chief im in aus time zone if that means anythin im not sure for the planets yet

Dark_lord_Cheez
08-30-2005, 09:49 PM
this look like it's coming along great :D .

Just curious, but could you make a quest in the game where you can actually join the goa'uld, and choose which goa'uld you serve under (or become a system lord yourself). I'm just asking 'cause it would definately be fun to have an army of jaffa at your beck and call crying out your name in battle. *is a huge darksider*

Also, if you want, I could help out with the storyline. *is also a huge sg-1 fan*

masterchief2491
08-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Why would you model the ravager, I mean u never see it in the game, just in the movies, all you get to see is the inside.

i meant redo the inside walls so that they have the look like a goa'uld ship

by the way ther are 38 GLYPHS and 9 CHEVRONS on the gate (2 not visible because of the gate and are only ever encoded for out of galaxy travel or to different types of gates)

this look like it's coming along great :D .

Just curious, but could you make a quest in the game where you can actually join the goa'uld, and choose which goa'uld you serve under (or become a system lord yourself). I'm just asking 'cause it would definately be fun to have an army of jaffa at your beck and call crying out your name in battle. *is a huge darksider*

Also, if you want, I could help out with the storyline. *is also a huge sg-1 fan*

i dont know if this is possible... im sure it is but i wont be able to do it... if we do decide to do it we'll need to ask someone with lots of experience modeling... ie. RedHawke, T7, MonoGiganto, ChAiNz, Svosh, Darth333 etc

good job master chief im in aus time zone if that means anythin im not sure for the planets yet

well im in canada so i guess that explains why were never on at the same time... lol well once u get the planets figured out send me a pm with a list of them or post it here

posts merged by d333 - please use the edit button instead of quadrupple posting

Dark_lord_Cheez
08-30-2005, 11:53 PM
The becoming a system lord is just wishful thinking, I myself don't think it's too probable that it'd happen, just asking as it would be a lot of fun (imo).

however, serving under a goa'uld and choosing which one to doesn't seem to difficult to me. I mean if you don't want to have to make a whole bunch of scripts for it, all you really need to do is create a few new items that you can only get from the goa'uld themselves. If you play darkside you can talk to them, and ask if you can join one of them, after which you would be given one of the new items which you can only recieve from that goa'uld.

If you use a conditional to check if you have the item in your inventory, you can have several different nodes selectable in dialogues (nodes you can use to make it seem you are under the command of the goa'uld you chose).

I mean, then you have to consider why a goa'uld would want the help from the tarri, or whatever species you plan on making the pc, but that can all be fixed easilly with the help of writers.

General Kenobi
08-31-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm just asking 'cause it would definately be fun to have an army of jaffa at your beck and call crying out your name in battle. *is a huge darksider*

The 3 member party thing is there for a reason. ;) If you have say 6 party members towards making the army it would REALLY increase the lag on the video end. More would only make it worse even at the lowest of graphics settings.

I myself use the highest settings so my characters powers look the way they should so that wouldn't be an option to turn settings down. :D

ALSO a very kewl idea to retexture the inside of the ship. :thumbsup: As long as the ship's textures aren't "shared" by another module or something it will be sweet. Especially with the egyptian glyphs everywhere and all that gold. :D

Thecordler
08-31-2005, 09:47 AM
The 3 member party thing is there for a reason. ;) If you have say 6 party members towards making the army it would REALLY increase the lag on the video end. More would only make it worse even at the lowest of graphics settings.

I myself use the highest settings so my characters powers look the way they should so that wouldn't be an option to turn settings down. :D

ALSO a very kewl idea to retexture the inside of the ship. :thumbsup: As long as the ship's textures aren't "shared" by another module or something it will be sweet. Especially with the egyptian glyphs everywhere and all that gold. :D

I have an Idea, why not have the Goa'uld classes have the power to spawn Jaffa at their beck and call. I believe there was a Mod called Force Zombies awhile back which added a force power to summon 1-3 NPC jedi for a limited amount of time. You could use that as a basis for summoning 1-3 jaffa with system lord powers.

Also to produce the Kinetic shielding of the Kara Kesh(Ribbon Device) you could make it a Shield Equipable item so it can be activated and deactivated with a certain amount of points.

Master Chief, I have the DVDs and i will try sometime tonight to get some Marduke's tomb Shots for you. Any other Pics you may need let me know.

masterchief2491
08-31-2005, 03:38 PM
k once u get the pictures send me a pm and il give u my email... i dont wana post it on the thread or il get a bunch of freaks adding me lol
also the idea for jaffa sounds good but we'd need to ask the persons permition and i dont know who it was that made the mod. well if u find out tell us and im sure someone will contact them.
anyones sugestions for planets would be helpful so that i can get working on something again... there's nothing for me to do until modeling and writing is done...

i do have a tok'ra hood modelled and skinned in the regular beige.
i dont really want to spend loads of time on modelling seeing as ive only been asked to do skinning and i dont wana over step my bounderies.

if anyone has a model they have done and need reskinned then send it to me and tell me what you want it to look like. also any pictures from the episodes you can get would be helpfull. also ANYONE who has sugestions for what planets each seems like it could be reskinned for would be really helpful. im really stuck on narshada and telos for ideas. neither one really resembles anything... although the restoration of telos could become the restoration of the ORIGINAL tollan planet... sound good?

i can answer most... probably any of your questions about skinning and if you have a suggestion for story and stuff please direct to sithslayer seeing as he's leading the mod.

masterchief2491
08-31-2005, 03:40 PM
btw... who thinks it would be a good idea to release the launcher and a couple weapons to keep people hooked? if we post them on a couple of sites and direct people here then we may be able to get more feedback.
wadya think?
(directed at ppl involved in the mod not people waiting desperately for it)

masterchief2491
08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
i need help... i dont have photoshop but i really need to use it... can someone with photoshop do me a favour? i need to delete the black background of some tgas. its really simple in photoshop... all youd need is to use the magic wand delete the background, save it and send it back to me.
thanx

ive finnished reskining dxon into the desert like planet the tok'ra base was on. ive left some of the grass files and shrubs and stuff so that it doesnt look completely barren... right near the tok'ra base there was a forest so i didnt wana get rid of everything. i also didnt do anything for the mandalorians seeing as i dont know what i would do... the armour couldnt just be reskinned because they have the helmet on it so someones guna need to remodel it
i also left the treeline around on the horizon but changed the mountains (theres still mountains but there's now sand dunes infront of them.

time to get underway on the ravager... actually il do that in the morning right now its time for late night british tv shows! YAY! lol... o the joys of canada...

tripple post merged by d333

Thecordler
09-01-2005, 09:55 AM
MasterChief, I will try and get those images of The Tomb today for you but you are correct on its designation being P2x-338.

Human SGC seen in Use weapons.

Baretta Model 92FS (Italy): The Baretta model 92 became the U.S. Military standard sidearm in 1985, due to its Size and versatility over current pistols of its time. The barretta fires standard 9mm Parabellum rounds, and with its reshaped trigger guard it allows for better 2-hand gripping. The barreta 92fs is the perfect sidearm with its incredibly light wieght and easy-to use features contributing to its widespread popularity.

FN57 (belgium): The 57 is FN's contribution to the next generation pistol warfare, designed to be used in tandum with the FNP90 submachine gun. Both weapons use the same custom ammuntion allowing maximu performance and power. The 57 can be modified to become sub automatic with an extended clip , allowing it to fire up to 6 shot bursts and hold 24 rounds. the 57's light wiegtht and amor penatration for a small package is starting to catch the eye of military forces and is quickly becoming a popular sidearm for for defense.

Glock 17 (Austria): This semi-automatic Pistol founded the broad and varied Glock family, winning the Austrian Army Trials in 1983 the Glock 17 was adopted as the standard issue weapon of the Austrain military and law enforcement.Glock's pistol has a unique plastic frame which still manages to retain a more-or-less classical appearance. Fabricated with steel guide rails are integrated into the molding to accommodate the slide. This has, of course, resulted in a considerable reduction in overall weight. At 21.175 oz., empty, the Glock 17 (referring to its magazine capacity) compares favorably with its competition. The HK P7 weighs 27.5 oz., the SIG-Sauer P226 is 26.25 oz., the Steyr GB is 29.6 oz., the Beretta 92SB is 34.5 oz. and the venerable Colt M1911 A1 is almost twice as heavy at 39.5 oz. Loaded with a full magazine (also made of plastic) of 17 rounds.

H&K Mk23 SOCOM (Germany/USA): This handgun was developed under request from US SOCOM (Special Operations Command) and entered the competition with Colt for OHWS - Offensive Handgun Weapon System - first offensive handgun for US Military since the adoption of the Colt M1911 Govt. The request was issued in mid-1991, and the only other major competitor to H&K was the Colt company with its SOCOM pistol. By the 1993 H&K delivered first prototypes of its contestant, and eventually HK SOCOM pistol became the Mk.23 model 0 pistol, issued by US Special Operations command to its operators. The Mk.23 mod.0 is chambered for venerable .45ACP cartridge, which provides greater stopping power than a NATO-standard 9mm Luger cartridges. Mk.23 mod.0 is designed to safely and reliable fire most powerful .45ACP +P ammunition, either with ball (FMJ) or expansive (JHP) bullets. Mk.23 mod.0 is usually issued with quick-detachable silencers, made in USA by Knight's Armaments Co, and with laser pointing module, which installs on the underbarrel rails.

Colt CAR-15 (USA): The first carbine version of the M16 assault rifle appeared under the name of CAR-15 in 1965, an was intended for US Special Forces who fought in Vietnam. The original M16 was simply shortened by cutting the half of the lenght of the barrel (from original 20 inches to 10 inches) and by shortening the buttstock by another 3 inches. The butt was plastic and retractable, the handguards were of triangular shape and the flash hider was of original three-prong type. Based on the origunal CAR-15, Colt quickly developed the CAR-15 Air Force Survival Rifle, intended, as a name implied, to serve to downed airplane and helicopter pilots. This version had tubular handguards and metallick tubular buttstock, and fo some reasons the pistol grip was shortened.

Colt M16A3 (USA): THe M16A model Assalt rifle was Colts attemp at making the CAR-15 more versitly and modular, allowing for more of a tactical advantage when needed. With the new direct gas system the m16a was able to have a burst fire mode and less recoil when fired giving it more edge in versatile combat. m16a3 can be equipped with underbarrel 40mm M203 grenade launcher. M203 mount replaces the standard handguards on the rifle and requires a grenade launcher sight to be mounted on the carrying handle.

Barrett M82A1 "Light Fifty" (USA): .50 cal ACP Long range sniper rifle. Capable of reaching targets at a maximum distance of 3750ft, the barret light fifty is one of the most premiere sniper rifles, capable of dropping almost anyone, and disable anything not protected byheavy armor of some kind.

Franchi SPAS-15 (Italy): The Franchi SPAS 15 shotgun is a further development of the earlier SPAS-12 shotgun. SPAS-15 is intended as a law enforcement or a military weapon, that require reliability, versatility and firepower. The firepower is achieved by using detachable, single stack box magazines along with the gas-operated semi-automatic action, so multiple shots could be fired in quick succession and magazine could be changed much faster than reloading a conventional tubular shotgun magazine. The versatility is achieved by complementing the semi-automatic action with manually selectable pump action, which allows to fire low pressure ammunition, such as less lethal tear gas or rubber slug projectiles.

FNP90 PDW (Belgium): This original sub-machine gun was built for military use and is illegal in the civillian sector. Its construction was precipitated by the observation that about 2/3 of any army-vehivle crews, officers, cooks, and other support personnel didn't carry a rifle. in response FN produced this bullpup SMG to arm them. The p90's clear plastic magazine runs parallel to the weapon's barrel, and interlocks with the gun via turntable like device which rotates the bullets 90 degrees. Its greatest feature lies within FN's custom unique bullets giving the p90 armor penetrating ability in such a versatile and light wieght submachine gun. It has become the standard weapon for all SGC teams.

Alien Weapons

Staff Cannon: The staff cannon is a larger version of the typical jaffa Staff weapon. It normally rests on a swivel mount turret and can deliver plasma blast up to 5 times more than a staf weapon. Its larger size requires more power and usually has a naquadah generator to power it, even though it requires more power it still retains the same plasma charge rate of the staff weapon, giving it an incredible edge in siege combat.

Staff Weapon: The signature weapons of the goa'uld Jaffa, it is not known for its accuracy, but its sheer deadly firepower. The Goa'uld did not design the weapon to be versitile, it was designed to instill fear onto his enemies or slaves. The staff weapon uses a special liquid naquadah cell that powers the weapon, generating energy down the shaft of the staff, where within the nozzle rapid particle movement cause intense heat to build within the nozzle coil producing a highly energized plasma bolt projected out of the staff. The delivered plasma energy bolt is capable of penetrating even heavy plated vehicle armor.

Glider Cannon: Only seen used by Teal'c against Tanith his hated enemy, the glider cannon was a jury rigged Glider canon scavaged from a downed Death Glider by Maj. Carter. She managed to somehow attach the Deathgliders generator to the weapon, and modify it so that it may be carried with s hands, and a support strap. The glider cannon is slightly more powerful than the Staff Cannons, but can not fire as fast due to its need to charge from the configuration set up. Not much technical data has been gathered on the Glider cannon but it seemed to be a very practical heavy tactical weapon with little to no change in its damage output.

Invisiblity device: Developed by the system lord nerti, this decvice creates an energy field around the wearer that shifts him slightly out of phase, causing visible light to pass through him-effectivily rendering the user invisible. Nirti based this device off of the Reetou natural ability to shift out of phase altogether, but unlike the invisiblity cloak they were completely out of phase and could not be hurt by any physical means. The invisibility cloak can be rendered visible by 2 methods, 1 is altering the Em field of a Naquadah generator so that the particles come back into syc, or 2 the phase emitter of a TER.

Transphase Eradication Rod (TER): This device was developed by the Tok'ra to detect and destroy the Reetou. It's phase shift Chip is capable of generating particles that is capable of shifting out of phase particles back in phase. The transistion usually excites particles to the point of exploding upon re-syncing into phase, virtualy making it the perfect weapon to kill the reetou.

Zat'nik'tel (ZAT) The Zat is able to fire a charged field of electricity capable of disintergrating objects. The Zat's design allows for vaired result, 1 shot is only capable of delivering enough shock to rendor the target stunned much like a taser, with the 2nd generating enough energy to disrupt the bio-electrical system and synaptic activity virtually killing its target, and the 3rd excites the targets electron field causing its molecules to break down and disintergrate.

Ra'kek (Sun-burst translation): The goa'uld Ra'kek is similar to our hand held grenades by design, except they are capable of multiple modes. THe Ra'kek is a small silver colored sphere no bigger than a Softball, within is a iquid naquadah cell like in the staff weapons. It has 3 modes, 1 being a flash bang stun grenade capable of emitting a spectrum of light that distrupts synaptic activity rending the targets unconcious, 2 is a frag grenage which the device emits a plasma bolt in al directions protruding from its nozzles, and finally it is capable of scanning target lifeforms and sending information back through the stargates.

Kara Kesh (Goa'uld Ribon Device):The Kara Kesh is the Goa'uld's trademark weapon. Its a tool capable of instilling the belief of thier godhood even more to lower races as it grants them incredible mental powers. The kara Kesh technology is very advanced and is a coveted secret of the system lords themselves, it has the power to produce kinetic shielding, neural damage, and telekenetic blasts. The Goa'uld simply must focus thier minds to the power they wish o achive and the kara kesh produces the effect, as a safety precaution the goa'uld removed the power cells, and remodified the devices to only be powered by those with naquadah within thier bloodstream(goa'ulds).**The kara kesh along with the Healing device was originally designed by the ancients as a mental amplifier, giving them access to the powers of thier mind. These devices allowed them to heal, lift/push objects, and even attack other minds, later after they reached a point in thier evolution they no longer need these devices and they were more of a training aide for those ancients wishing to focus thier laten psychic energy.** **= My own speculation

Hara Kesh (Ring Device): Design by the goa'uld to accomadate the asrak assasins, the Hara Kesh mimics manyof the kara kesh's abilities but within a more concealed device. Its most notable diference is the lack of Personal shield device, neural overload, and telekentic push; but it has been modified to produce a mind fog which can trick the targets mind with simple suggestions or visual manipluation, A neural Spike which specifiaclly targets a goa'uld, cutting laser which produces a high powered beam, a blinding flash similar to teh ra'keks, and an explosive overload. These modifications add on to the Ashrak's killing abilities making him the perfect assasin and tracker.

Thats it for now, i will add some more weapons and descriptions as i get them done and such, i hope this helps MC.

masterchief2491
09-01-2005, 12:41 PM
thanx cordler... that saves alot of tidious time for whoever is doing the items. il send it to sith slayer asap and get him to send it off to the right people. im almost finnished the ravager now and my only problem again is that i need a tool in photoshop (magic wand) so that i can delete just the background of a couple images... if anyone noes a free program that does the same thing it'd really help if you could send me the linke or setup file. ive already used up my photoshop trial so that isnt an option.
thanx

masterchief2491
09-01-2005, 07:32 PM
ravager is pretty much done only thing is im not sure if people want me to edit the floors... i still need to do doors but thats it.

ive edited the banners in visas quarters so that they now have an emblem of anubis (the egyptian depiction of a dog)

Dark_lord_Cheez
09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
(the egyptian depiction of a dog)

Just for the record it's actually a jackal :)

masterchief2491
09-01-2005, 11:33 PM
ravager done except for door... can someone with the dvds see if they can find a shot of a goa'uld door in one of the episodes when we see onto either anubis or apophis's flag ships?
dxun is completely done. ive returned the sky's to normal and gotten rid of the close by trees instead. there are still patches of vegetation in certain places that i dont think we should reskin.

ive got no real ideas for what to do any of the other planets as but if people could send sugestions il skin the levels.

Thecordler
09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
MC, unfortunately my laptop's DVD player just dropped dead on me, so i can't take any screens for the time being. I am gonna try and borrw a firends lappy or desktop to try to get those screens for you ASAP.

I did however find a good sight for you to get some screens from at http://www.stargate-fusion.com they have screens from all seasons. As for re-skins i suggest Tollana(Tollan Homeworld), Kelowna(Jonus Quinn's homeworld), Bedrosia(Advanced world worshiping goa'ulds), Atlantis, or Dakaraa(New Jaffa Homeworld as of season 9).

Also for some really high quality 3d meshes and models of stargate tech goto http://www.stargate3d.fsnet.co.uk This guy has some good 3d renders to which you can use as great visual reference to make your own as they are incredible and accurate renderings.

Final note or idea to throw at you guys :-D, it was once briefly mentioned in SG-1 of the first Goa'uld Lord being named Apep. He was the original lord and cracked the gate and aquired much of the tech they use now, he proclaimed himself the ruler of the goa'uld. Ra and Anubis teamed up and supposedly killed him, although as jacob or martouf said no one ever saw it happen and then started the Goa'uld system lord fuedal ruling system. Later anubis whome secretely hid much of Apeps tech tried ruling all goa'uld and was put down by Ra. Why not have Apep return, using Taris V as his base; It could be the planet decimated by the Eye's of the God's superweaon long ago.

just thought it be cool to have the original goa'uld baddy that no one ever saw appear in your conversion. Stargate: the Goa'uld Lord

Slipstreme
09-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Aren't humans called Tau'ri?

General Kenobi
09-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Yes they are Slipstream (well by everyone else other than us) ;)

Ed's renderings are good just be nice and drop him an email (bottom chevron on his buttons) :D

EDIT: You guys seem to pretty much have the graphic end down since I've heard mention of load screens, launchers, and graphic textures. I had been asked to help but since I've not heard much so far I'll just let you boys play with it, :thumbsup: I've sorta got started working on my own new load screens for the game so lookin' forward to seein' what you come up with. ;)

General Kenobi

masterchief2491
09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
@TheCordler: im looking into the sites now and il see if i can get hold of sithslayer about the idea for Apep to come back. i just have to say apep would have been an unas seeing as Ra was the first to discover that humans could be used as hosts. not to say it couldnt be done though.il look into it. i dont make dicisions about stories and stuff tho all ive been asked to do is the graphics end. any time you can pics of marduke's tomb would be great and il see if the planets will work out.
@General Kenobi: i would love to see any of the load screens youve done and we can see if they'll work in the game. ive done the ebon hawk and a few other things but ive really been focusing on the worlds themselves so if you could send me a private message il give u an email adress you can send them to. if you want you can even do all the load screens.. if there good that is :thmbup1:

masterchief2491
09-02-2005, 06:01 PM
ive started reskins on the guardians to turn them into jaffa... i dont really see any need to remodel the heads just add the hieroglyph to the forehead...
btw does anyone noe how to make new heads available just as guardians?

SITHSLAYER133
09-06-2005, 06:46 AM
i cant help u guys for a period of 2 weeks due to damm school trials srry...

SITHSLAYER133
09-06-2005, 07:19 AM
but i shall return after that time