PDA

View Full Version : What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629
08-20-2005, 05:59 AM
I decided to shake things up a bit and see what everyone doesn't want to in KOTOR III. Granted this thread ties into the "what do you want to see in KOTOR III" thread but I think we all have things that we would omit this time around if it were up to us.

(in no particular order)

1. Carth Onasi (unless I can kill the rat)

2. Dantooine. Give me Yavin 4 this time if there must be a planet with a jedi temple.

3. Korriban. Didn't really like this planet in the first or second one. How about Dagobah this time? That cave became powerful in the dark side of the force because of you!!!!! How about that?!?!?!? The reason why Luke felt "cold" and death eminating from it was because you knew of a ritual to ensure the dark side would live there forever muwahahahaha!!!!!! :)

4. A locked storyline with the characters in your party. In KOTOR II, I would have liked it MUCH more if you could have guided Kreia back to the light if you wanted to or convinced her to join you perhaps. The point of getting influence with her was to find out about Revan and that was about it besides training. Outside of that, I think we all pretty much figured that she was going to be the thorn in our side whether we went light or dark. How cool would it have been if you could have ended(or added to)Hanharr's suffering, trained him as a jedi, and had him call you master? How cool do you think Mira would have been if she would have followed you down the dark path and let you dominate her destiny?

5. The Ebon Hawk. Although I like this ship in the first two, I think it is time for a change as some of you have suggested.

6. T3 and HK-47. These are great characters and I love them in the first two but they belong to the exile. Let's get some new droids to take their place this time around.

Just a few thoughts to ponder people. Do with them as you will. :)

Darth333
08-20-2005, 06:27 AM
6. T3 and HK-47. These are great characters and I love them in the first two but they belong to the exile. Let's get some new droids to take their place this time around.

Noooooooooo! What would Star Wars be without C3P0 and R2-D2? :( HK and T3 must remain...They can get rid of G0-T0 however!

What's so wrong with Carth? :p he's the only NPC in the game who is not afraid to tell you that he disagress when you are doing bad things. He runs away at the end if go go DS? That was the brightest thing to do: he knew he would just end up dead otherwise. At least he had more to say than Atton, who apart a few lines when you can turn him into a Jedi only knows to play Pazaak.

In fact, apart the droids and perhaps Mandalore (if they can him him back the personality he had in K1), they can remove all the K2 npcs: Kreia excepted, I found that they were not really fleshed out.

I really don't want a storyline full of plot holes and dialogues that repeat indefinitely.

Blaze629
08-20-2005, 06:39 AM
What was so wrong with Carth? His attitude begs for death. :D

starmark2k
08-20-2005, 07:52 AM

Blasphemy... You can't have KotOR without HK and T3 as Darth 333 constantly reminds us they are the 3PO and R2 of the game.

And what is the problem with carth, yes he moaned but he was betrayed by his mentor, watched his wife die in his arms and for the most part has no idea if his son is dead or alive. The character would be stupid if he was all "rays of sunshine."

But back on topic
I don't want to see Dantooine or korriban, they've been used to much already and unless they can come up with some brilient story it would ruin the game.

RedHawke
08-20-2005, 08:46 AM
I also vote to keep T3 and HK, it wouldn't be KOTOR without them. :D

I'm with Darth333 on the rest... :p

2. Dantooine. Give me Yavin 4 this time if there must be a planet with a jedi temple.
:eyeraise: Er'... there are no Jedi Temples on Yavin IV, there are Sith Temples and such built by Exar Kun... but no LS jedi stuff.

What I don't want to see in a KOTOR III is any sort of drastically changed user interface or a change of combat system... :eek:

AJL
08-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I have no problem with Carth and I think T3, HK-47 and Korriban should
remain but I have no wish to see Dantooine again or Ebon Hawk...

MdKnightR
08-20-2005, 10:51 AM
For me.....

no GO-TO
no Jolee
no plot holes
no lack of romance
no long wait for your lightsaber
exchange Dantooine for Coruscant
exchange Korriban for Yavin
include Revan's homeworld (which is in debate as to what that is in actuality)

JediWatchman
08-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't want Revan or exile to be the PC. It would be so hard to have them because they're different to every player. Each one can be LS male, LS female, DS male, or DS female. The faces and types of lightsabers and personalities would also vary. Personally, I would prefer a COMPLETELY different storyline. Most of you will probably disagree with me, and it probably won't happen, but I like change. Although KotOR I and II were both great, I just want something different so it doesn't get old.

SpaceAlex
08-20-2005, 12:19 PM
No, i don't want a completley new storyline. They have to start where they left and finish it.

I also don't mind if they put some of the K1 and K2 characters into the game (T3 and HK must be in), as long as there's enough new ones.

I also don't mind what planets they put in, as long as they make them interesting.

As for the Ebon Hawk, i would like it in K3, but not right from the beginning. I say, start your quest in a new ship and later switch to the Ebon Hawk.

Ztalker
08-20-2005, 12:43 PM
What i don't want to see:
-A Wookie companion, i would like to see a more 'cool' species like Noghri or Trandoshan etc.
-The Ebon Hawk: You can't go ficht the sith in such a vessel. A cooler vessel, please!
-PC=Revan or Exile: read below:

The storyline i would like to see:
14 years after Kotor 2, you play a NEW pc during the True Sith wars. You'll begin as a little boy, and after some little quest you will eventually become an adult, and have to face your knight-trial. This means: Investigate the places Revan has been (Dantooine, korriban, etc.) After done, you report to the council. If you claim Revan to be good, he will lead a special Jedi-squad in the war. The Exile will lead the True Sith then. If you claim Revan to be evil, it all turns the other side. Although your young age, you will be send into battle, searching the the good Revan/Exile and serving them in battle, trying to defend whole planets (Like the Khoonda situation in TSL, but bigger), this way one of them can join your party.

Prime
08-20-2005, 02:12 PM
1. Carth Onasi (unless I can kill the rat)I liked Carth. I'd like to see him back in some capacity...

What would Star Wars be without C3P0 and R2-D2? HK and T3 must remain...They can get rid of G0-T0 however!My feelings exactly...

Emperor Devon
08-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I think there should be...

Nothing I don't like.

Enough said.

IndianaSolo
08-20-2005, 02:22 PM
I don't want to see:

-Wookiee in our party
-Korriban or Dantooine be one of the planets we visit
-the PC as a chosen one.
-rushed/incomplete ending
-lack of party member sidequests
-more than 2 droids in the party
-too many Jedi in the party

Commas
08-20-2005, 02:23 PM
c'mon people, if the HK and T3 are the 3PO and R2 of Kotor, than cleary the Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon. infact, with a name like Ebon Hawk i don't think it could be much more obvious.

what i dont want to see is too many jedi. K2 with all its trainable characters was fun, but then i just had so many multi classed half jedi's that their jedi skills were kinda sad, and the skills from their previous class, like scout, were totally underdeveloped, so instead of becoming a more useful character, it actually hinders them. the only way to make being a jedi worth it for the trainable characters is to hold their levels, so until you get enough influence with them to train them, you can't even use them in your party. I say that there should be multiple trainable characters, but you can only choose to train one. Besides, thats how the jedi work, one padawan at a time. This would add a crapload of replay value. I also think there needs to be more classes, or at least prestige classes for non jedi

Bob Lion54
08-20-2005, 02:49 PM
......if the HK and T3 are the 3PO and R2 of Kotor, than cleary the Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon......

I was about to post the same thing!

I also think Dantooine should be back, just because its basically the "home base" of the games, if that makes sense. I just hope they can do more with it than K2.

Anyway, on topic....
I dont want GO-TO back. He was just annoying.
I dont want to go to the Sith academy on Korriban. I wouldn't mind going to Korriban, but if its a Sith planet, there must be more there than one fragging academy.
No Force Bonds!!! It was cool in K1. In K2, it was "couldn't they come up with another concept?"
There are probably more minute things, but a the moment, thats all I can think of.

lukeiamyourdad
08-20-2005, 03:10 PM
c'mon people, if the HK and T3 are the 3PO and R2 of Kotor, than cleary the Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon. infact, with a name like Ebon Hawk i don't think it could be much more obvious.

Damn right you are!

Originally, the Millenium Falcon was supposed to be destroyed at Endor but after a test screening, Lucas decided to keep it.

Imagine what it would be to destroy or remove the Hawk? It's an integral part of KotOR and so are T3 and HK.

I'd like a simple wookiee companion. Wookies are also integral to Star Wars. What would it be without Chewie? As you know, both Ep1 and 2 didn't have Chewie and they did turn out quite bad (or simply not as good as the rest).
What I don't want is an emo wookiee or a psycho wookiee. Just a good old slightly goofie wookiee like Chewie.

I don't want Korriban either, as everyone is obviously dead over there. It'll be the same uninteresting planet as in TSL.

Jeff
08-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I don't want any big changes made to the way the game plays, the inteface, etc. I don't want to see G0-T0, my least favorite character. I would also not like to see Korriban again. It was empty in TSL, what else could they do with it?

TheOssusKeeper
08-20-2005, 06:55 PM
i agree with DM, only i don't want to see any more stodgy, manipulative old scows in my list of party members, or in my thoughts (hehehe)...

SpaceAlex
08-20-2005, 10:46 PM
I don't want any big changes made to the way the game plays, the inteface, etc. I don't want to see G0-T0, my least favorite character. I would also not like to see Korriban again. It was empty in TSL, what else could they do with it?

It was originally intended for HK-47 to destroy GO-TO anyway, so i don't think they'll be putting him back. We're just waiting for the TSL restoration team to put that cut scene back into the agem.

JoshVoidstalker
08-20-2005, 11:30 PM
NO
Dantooine or Korriban (unless there are completely new areas)
Jedi Inflation (too many and the point is lost)
massive amount Cortorsis Weave weapons (let them be properly rare and let us slice up the normal ones)
Armor adding to defense value, making you harder to strike; give it proper damage reduction and be done with it.
Implat feat; base it on CON and be done

MUST
HK-47 and T3-M4
Ebon Hawk
A Carth walk on apperance
Wookies
these all maintain continuity

Would LIKE
A Change in combat; give us longer blaster ranges, better standard damage, better AI
etc.
Non-Jedi Prestige Classes
Swoop bike racing (with upgrades this time)
Pazaak, turrets etc. I like mini-games, how about starfighter dogfighting, pod-racing, more arena combat etc.
Some Wookie equipment; harnesses, HUDs, LBVs, gauntlets, armbands, etc.

Blaze629
08-21-2005, 07:10 AM
After thinking about it I don't want GO-TO in this one either(unless we can kill him hehe). A noghri assassin as someone suggested would not be a bad idea as a replacement. :)

Ztalker
08-21-2005, 10:17 AM
I forgot one important thing. I would like to SEE the Republic in action. Like in SW-Eipsode 2, that you as jedi lead a bunch of Republic soldiers (temporary teammates?). I had the feeling in Kotor 2 that i was the last hop of the republic, while Carth had an enormous fleet, and Bastilla (battle meditation) was still alive.
Thanks for the support, Republic! :chainsaw:

TheLostWookie
08-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, It's pretty clear that many of us don't want Korriban...
But our charachters only explored the caves and ruins, how about exploring the volcanic ranges? a climatic fight similar to mustafar scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan?

But, then again, they could just use Mustafar instead =\

lukeiamyourdad
08-22-2005, 07:01 PM
a climatic fight similar to mustafar scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan?

But, then again, they could just use Mustafar instead =\

Or do something more original then just reusing that?

TheLostWookie
08-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Alright, it's not exactly original, but hey, there are plenty of moments in the games inspired by scenes from the movies, just suggesting one more.

-No bland voice acting
-No Oddysee Engine
-No weird female postures when running, especially the handmaiden

lukeiamyourdad
08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
-No weird female postures when running, especially the handmaiden

lol

I always thought that the females' asses were sticking out too much when you're running.

FiEND_138
08-23-2005, 12:06 AM
What I don't want to see in a KOTOR III is any sort of drastically changed user interface or a change of combat system...
<---- Likes when Hawke posts, saves me typing time. :)

dale03ster
08-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally, the Millenium Falcon was supposed to be destroyed at Endor but after a test screening, Lucas decided to keep it.

Imagine what it would be to destroy or remove the Hawk? It's an integral part of KotOR and so are T3 and HK.

However in the trilogy it didn't skip from person to person, if you play as the exile, then keeping the ebon hawk would be fine, if you don't, it would be kinda stupid...

What I don't want...
Goto
I am the baddest chosen jedi ever kind of storyline
Korriban
Dantoonie
Only Jedi PCs
Lightsaber quests, 2 is enough...

lukeiamyourdad
08-23-2005, 07:21 PM
However in the trilogy it didn't skip from person to person, if you play as the exile, then keeping the ebon hawk would be fine, if you don't, it would be kinda stupid...

It kinda did. Lando Calrissian at the battle of Endor?

IndianaSolo
08-24-2005, 01:28 PM

Except the backstory of the Ebon Hawk is similar to the Millennium Falcon in that it changed ownership a few times. Don't forget Lando owned it before Han Solo, and someone else owned it before Lando. So I don't think it's stupid that a new owner takes over the Ebon Hawk each game, as long as the reason given makes sense as to how the new owner took ownership of it.

rhinomatt
08-24-2005, 04:49 PM
NO:
Korriban
G0 T0
atacks on the ebon hawk

MUST:
HK-47 and T3-M4
Ebon Hawk
be revan
be more interaction with people that just asking "about this place".
uese all the rooms on the ebon hawk

Would LIKE:
more people on your team
Pazaak.
more planets
new arias on the planets as they make it look as if there is only one city on each planet!!!

RedHawke
08-25-2005, 05:28 AM
MUST:
be revan
Please no! There would be no point if we played a level 20+ Character from the start of K3... or what would be the new excuse for Revan to be level one?

What did Revan do to lose his/her Force powers this time?

Aw! Drat! Revan went and slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit his/her head, and lost his/her force powers... again! Clumsy Revan! :roleyess:

Though your other Must haves are just fine... :)

TheOssusKeeper
08-25-2005, 05:41 AM
roflmao :rofl:

no really, i wouldn't want to see revan either... make it someone new...

Ztalker
08-25-2005, 06:01 AM
Why not a simple not-the One Young Jedi trained by the Jedi order, who is send to retrieve the good Revan/Exile (good/bad choise) from the unknown regions and defend the the Republic.
This would make sense, and an excuse for bastila etc. to join your search-mission.

ForceFightWMe12
08-25-2005, 04:38 PM
All i know, is I DONT want a new story made. I want the close of Revan and the Exile. Having a third story with a third group would just p*ss me off.

dale03ster
08-25-2005, 05:07 PM
It kinda did. Lando Calrissian at the battle of Endor?

Point Taken. However, than was for a singular mission, not ownership...

Except the backstory of the Ebon Hawk is similar to the Millennium Falcon in that it changed ownership a few times. Don't forget Lando owned it before Han Solo, and someone else owned it before Lando. So I don't think it's stupid that a new owner takes over the Ebon Hawk each game, as long as the reason given makes sense as to how the new owner took ownership of it.

Another good point, however that wasn't something that you had to deal with.

In Episode IV if you had seen Lando being the owner of the Falcon and then Han in Episode V, and they pull off the same gambling line, I wouldn't have liked the the Falcon as much...

But don't worry Ebon Hawk lovers, I would strongly bet that you will see the Hawk again...

fresnosmokey02
08-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Hello All, I am new in this forum (not new to KOTOR however, as I've been playing K1 since Dec 04 I think and K2 since Feb 05). I just thought I'd put in my $ 0.02.

What I really don't want to see is a change in the game engine. The KOTOR engine is so simple and easy to use that it adds to the total immersion in the game play. I don't want to see GOTO, which I really doubt we'd see anyway. I don't want to see any of the old planets either.

What I'd like to see is the climax of the storyline and not a new story. I bought K2 with the expectation of continuing the story from K1, which I am sure a lot of people did. In that respect I was disappointed. I wanna know what happens! I want new NPC's and cameos from old NPC's. I want people in the background to respond when I commit murder (if I'm playing DS) and run or call the cops or something. I want the influence system to actually mean something. If I have influence with an NPC and they are DS I want them to act DS.

Last but not least, I want the people at Lucas Arts and whomever is actually gonna make the game to pay attention to the likes and dislikes of the KOTOR fans and not just send out a survey with a couple of piddly little details to give us some input on.

PS The game MUST be moddable!!!!

lukeiamyourdad
08-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Point Taken. However, than was for a singular mission, not ownership...

Who says the third PC will own the Hawk? He could be renting it for a small sum :p

Blaze629
08-25-2005, 08:40 PM
What I really don't want to see is a change in the game engine. The KOTOR engine is so simple and easy to use that it adds to the total immersion in the game play. I don't want to see GOTO, which I really doubt we'd see anyway. I don't want to see any of the old planets either.

I really don't want the engine to change either. If it does, I would hope the change is minimal.

What I'd like to see is the climax of the storyline and not a new story. I bought K2 with the expectation of continuing the story from K1, which I am sure a lot of people did. In that respect I was disappointed. I wanna know what happens! I want new NPC's and cameos from old NPC's. I want people in the background to respond when I commit murder (if I'm playing DS) and run or call the cops or something. I want the influence system to actually mean something. If I have influence with an NPC and they are DS I want them to act DS.

Good stuff here.

Last but not least, I want the people at Lucas Arts and whomever is actually gonna make the game to pay attention to the likes and dislikes of the KOTOR fans and not just send out a survey with a couple of piddly little details to give us some input on.

Great idea. Let's hope that Lucasarts is paying attention to this and other threads indicating what we want and don't want in the next game. :D

Darth Kothos
08-26-2005, 05:58 PM
dantooine, korriban, carth, and it would be nice if the PC had a voice this time

Ztalker
08-28-2005, 05:50 AM
@ Dale03Ster: Han and lando putted up a game of Sabbac, and Lando didn't wany to lose anymore money. In a fun moment he said: Choose a ship, then!
And han won, and instead of taking a shiny cruiser from Bespin, he took a freighter that almost fell apart, but with some repairs still was a very good ship. Lando wanted to repair it for himself, however, and didn't expect Solo to choose the Falcon. That's why lando was so pissed of.

@ Rest: Did nobody notice? The Exile TAKES the Ebon Hawk to the unknow regions, it ca't possibly return, unless the Exile is evil, thus giving an enormous spoiler. I think thay simply have to come up with a new ship, maybe when you enter the unknown regions, you'll get it.

Commas
08-28-2005, 06:42 AM
They found a way for the Exile to get the hawk in K2.

If the exile is the PC in K3 he could be light or dark and still have the ebon hawk as a ship, and if the exile is not the main PC i am sure they will find a way for the new PC to acquire the hawk, the same way they found a way for the exile to acquire it. I'm very confident the Ebon Hawk will make a return in K3.

Besides, why does everyone hate the Ebon Hawk so much? I actually think its a pretty cool little ship. Its the Millenium Falcon of KOTOR and you all liked the Falcon didn't you? I even remember reading somewhere that bioware had the millenium falcon in mind when desiging the Ebon Hawk. Not just the name, but the whole ship was meant to look and feel like the falcon.

eh, whatever, you can love it or hate it, but i'd bet my kidney that it will be in K3

Blaze629
08-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Well Commas I LOVE the Ebon Hawk in the first two, but I would not complain if there was a new ship in KOTOR III. I think it's time to move on. If the Ebon Hawk stays that's not a bad thing, I would just prefer a change that's all.

tsunamipunk
08-29-2005, 07:51 AM
What I don't want to see in KOTOR III is oddessy. How about SOURCE or FEAR as the engine instead? Oddessy is tweaked aurora, which is tweaked infinity, which is last millenium's tech. Fine for 2003, somewhat acceptable for early 2005, compleatly unacceptable now.

Also, I don't want a new combat system. If they get rid of the dungeon & dragons d20 system, it just won't be KOTOR.

And, please no emotionaly disturbed wookies. And definately no PC's or NPC party members from the first 2 games, except HK and T3, as party members.

And no gender or alignment based NPC party members. Romantic entanglements are cool; I enjoyed them in both KOTORs, but handle it like bioware did in KOTOR I.

No goodytooshoes darkside npc party members. If the PC's corrupted someone to the darkside, the npc party member should realy stop objecting to the PC's commiting murder.

What's so wrong with Carth? he's the only NPC in the game who is not afraid to tell you that he disagress when you are doing bad things.

What was so wrong with Carth? His attitude begs for death.

They can keep Carth in for all the Carth fans out there as long as the game keeps the query system so that the game understands that in my KOTOR universe Carth died on the hanger deck of the Star Forge. KOTOR II understood this just fine, so it's no big deal.

dale03ster
08-31-2005, 05:16 PM
@ Dale03Ster: Han and lando putted up a game of Sabbac, and Lando didn't wany to lose anymore money. In a fun moment he said: Choose a ship, then!
And han won, and instead of taking a shiny cruiser from Bespin, he took a freighter that almost fell apart, but with some repairs still was a very good ship. Lando wanted to repair it for himself, however, and didn't expect Solo to choose the Falcon. That's why lando was so pissed of.

And why did you bother typing this...

In Episode IV if you had seen Lando being the owner of the Falcon and then Han in Episode V, and they pull off the same gambling line, I wouldn't have liked the the Falcon as much...

Reread that :P

Soogz
08-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Well back on topic. I would not like to see G0T0 back. That's about the only character who I hated in all of the games.

nas77
08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Definitely wouldn't want a situation where you were forced to accept that Revan and the Exile were both LS male or something, because the devs couldn't be bothered to include all the different combinations from the endings of the previous games.

@Darth Sooges: I don't mind G0T0, I thought he was an interesting character, though maybe not as a party member next time round. He's still head of the Exchange (isn't he?) and the Exchange is pretty cool.

Soogz
08-31-2005, 07:54 PM
I agree he should still be in the game, just not a party member.

montnoir
09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Personally I think G0T0 is the only interesting character in TSL and the only one with a backstory.

As for the continuation of Revan's and Exile's story. I would rather not. Revan's past is a mysterious one and gives him flair. His future is uncertain and leaves you to draw your own conclusions.

...and the Exile... I really hate that guy (and seriously dislike the person who wrote his premise). Oooo, he is so cool, he is an echo in the force, he touches the lives of everyone and sucks their energies, he is sooooo baaaad and cooool and is the plot-twist-daddy-of-the-sith-lords and Revan's brother... fricken die already!

Revan is Revan so they can leave it at that and the exile is just boring and uninteresting so they can drop him too and set K3 - 100 years later dealing with the recovering galaxy. The droids and the hawk are still around and a bright new story with bright new characters can take their place.

fresnosmokey02
09-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Personally I think G0T0 is the only interesting character in TSL and the only one with a backstory.

As for the continuation of Revan's and Exile's story. I would rather not. Revan's past is a mysterious one and gives him flair. His future is uncertain and leaves you to draw your own conclusions.

...and the Exile... I really hate that guy (and seriously dislike the person who wrote his premise). Oooo, he is so cool, he is an echo in the force, he touches the lives of everyone and sucks their energies, he is sooooo baaaad and cooool and is the plot-twist-daddy-of-the-sith-lords and Revan's brother... fricken die already!

Revan is Revan so they can leave it at that and the exile is just boring and uninteresting so they can drop him too and set K3 - 100 years later dealing with the recovering galaxy. The droids and the hawk are still around and a bright new story with bright new characters can take their place.

What????? Are you crazy? The story is unfinished. I want to know what happened to Revan and what happened with the true sith. Leaving the story like this is like saying..."Oh, you know Bob? Something happened to him." and just leaving it like that. I want to know, dammit.

Nom_Anor
09-02-2005, 12:08 AM
I aggree the Ebon Hawk was cool but it does die on Malachor. Go to the menu and go to movies and go to like the "death of the ebon hawk"or something like that, dont quote me on the name. but it does show the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of malachor and it is destroyed.

RedHawke
09-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I agree! G0-T0 is also a true patriot of the Republic... Once you start talking to him he is really cool!

but it does show the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of malachor and it is destroyed.
Or so they want you to think! :xp:

nas77
09-02-2005, 05:36 AM
I don't really care about whether the Ebon Hawk makes a comeback, but I definitely do not want a new story: it would make the ending of TSL a hundred times worse than it already is. Besides, most of the events in the two games, barring the Mandalorian Wars, took place because of Revan's realisation of a Sith'ari threat and you need to know how this is resolved since it's such a fundamental part of the story.

And by "need to know how this is resolved" I mean actually playing it, not confirming or disconfirming a rumour you're told by a guy in a force cage in an asteroid mining colony 100 years later.

Smilodon
09-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Hm let me think. I most definitely don't want to start as a non-Jedi character or a Jedi without a lightsaber suffering some type of amnesia again ~~
Taris was cool in KOTOR, Peragus II was already kinda lame til the arrival of the Harbinger, you don't have not nearly as much things to discover like you can on Taris. A similar scenario for the beginning of KOTOR III would just be poor imo...

Concering the story:
The devs should stay with the plot for KOTOR III in the storyline of KOTOR and TSL. To start a completely new setting and leaving the old one so incomplete as it is now, that'd be so stupid that it is unlikely already.

Vince Trageton
09-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Spontaneously there's a few characters I don't want to see again in KIII

- Disciple no, no, no, NO!
- Hanharr OR Big Z, I'm not a wookiee-type
- GO-TO - A droid with an agenda, C'mon, we already have HK-47 for that.

Nom_Anor
09-02-2005, 11:43 PM
The Old Republic

montnoir
09-03-2005, 03:57 AM
The Old Republic
I will presume you are sarcastic, because you might as well suggest they should skip lightsabers, spaceships, aliens, action and the roleplaying in the game.

montnoir
09-03-2005, 04:15 AM
What????? Are you crazy? The story is unfinished. I want to know what happened to Revan and what happened with the true sith. Leaving the story like this is like saying..."Oh, you know Bob? Something happened to him."
I don't have a problem with that. I DON'T want to know what happened to Revan. I have my own ideas about him. Revan is the "Neo" of the Old Republic. He is left the saviour and badass at the end of the Matrix, then his mystique is shattered in the sequels. He was made out to be a cool cat and got the ultimate perfect ending in the first movie and what happened when they told the rest of his story? I could hardly wipe my a$$ with the quality of it. A half-a$$ed attempt at making it epic... failing in the worst possible way (epic has nothing to do with the techno-kung-fu vibe of Matrix). I would rather not have Revan meet the same - half-assed attempt at making him epic - fate.

No, Revan is the mysterious lonely hero. There is no need to play or see his end. His mystique is a part of what makes him so good/cool/gnarly/awesome/etc. That's why we like him.

As for the Exile I don't CARE what happens to that idiot.

But ok, I'll give it a chance as long as the writers of K3 are not the ones responsible for TSL.

DarthCole
09-03-2005, 05:01 AM
I think that Revan is a must in KOTOR 3. He was the main charater in 1 and was mentioned throughout 2.

I also like Korriban. It was my favorite planet in 1 but I agree something new needs to be added.

My favorite aspect of both are the tombs. In 1 where you visit the 4 on Korriban. And in 2 where you visit Freedon Nadd. I like the suggestion of Yavin 4 for two reasons. I think this would be a great planet to visit to give us a new look at Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope....also we could visit the tomb of Exar Khun. (sp?)

Have to stay....
1} Revan..I like revan....I know I will get a lot of responses back ... but In my humble opinion...the most powerful Sith Lord ever..this is his story
2} T-3 and HK are a must...they are the C3 and R2 of knights.
3} Carth....only if I can kill him
4} Tombs...they have been important parts of the first two and a personal fav
5} Romance...male and female
6} Jedi Robes...light and dark side...different options
7} Side quests...Main charater and minor characters..need more

Have to go....
1} Go-To has to go....terrible
2} Too long without a lightsaber
3} Old lady Sith
4} Manaan, A toothache playing that planet.

Some of my thoughts so far.....I'm sure I will have more

fishhelmetn
09-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I personally would really like to not see T3 or Carth in the next game. Also I'd like to maybe see some more new armor skins in the next one, as opposed to just taking them from K1 and recoloring them.

Obi-Wan Bubbles
09-03-2005, 05:25 PM
As far as the Hawk goes... The exile could have taken it and pissed off to where ever he went and you could get the Millenium Falcon to go chase after him. By episode IV the Falcon was already supposed to have been around more than a t'wilek dancing girl in the Nar Shaada red light district, so why not incorperate some Falcon back story into KOTOR 3? Like how it was first commisioned to be your high speed, heavily armed personal transport blah blah blah. And G0-T0? More like "Got to go". As a playable charachter he was just stupid. Why not have him be some kind of boss (not a big boss, just some low level pain in the butt boss) and have a mission where HK gets to blow the $hit out of him, assasin droid style? Have a mission where the game gets all "splinter cell" for a little while. HK's always whining about not getting to do assassin type stuff, so why not?

Oh and don't make the ending stupid this time! What the hell was with TSL's ending? What a bag of A$$!

Vince Trageton
09-03-2005, 06:24 PM
OK, this may go off the topic of what should NOT go in, but that last thought you brought up, Obi-Wan Bubbles, really sounds great.

K2 already had T3 solo missions (and that stupid protocol droid one). I'd really be looking forward to some HK-47 solo action.

soatari
09-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Things I definately DO NOT WANT in Kotor 3:

1. The same damn game engine. The engine was already dated when the first game came out. License an engine from someone else. Not only will it very likely look and perform better, but it will also free up time for developing other aspects of the game.

2. A Xbox version first. Here's a better idea; develop the PC version before the Xbox version. What this will do is make a better performing and much more stable version of the game, and what with the extreme similarities between PC and Xbox coding, it would probably work out for the best, making the game stable on BOTH systems, with very few bugs (related to performance at least)

Now on to what I DO WANT:

1. Better voice acting. I know it is a Star Wars standard as of late to have almost forced acting, but let's work on that a bit eh? While you are at it, put in more body language and movement animations for when someone is talking. Watching the NPCs have siezures while talking got kind of old.

2. Better quality cut scenes. The pre-rendered cut scenes in this series is disappointing to say the least. With the resources available, I would think they could get better cutscenes.

3. More time in SPACE. Maybe implement a Freelancer style gameplay for some space battles and exploration, instead of just clicking a button and suddenly being at a planet.

4. Finally, although I know many people will hate me for saying this, but the game needs a change in pace. It needs a new combat system, with smoother, more cinematic animations. The combat queue was a great way of doing things, but they need something new.

anonymous4
09-04-2005, 02:49 PM
what i DONT want in kotorIII is RACISM. i have seen alot and enough of it in kotorI. i havent played kotorII yet so i dont know if there's any in it, so dont spoil anything for me.

Killwithhonor
09-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I aggree the Ebon Hawk was cool but it does die on Malachor. Go to the menu and go to movies and go to like the "death of the ebon hawk"or something like that, dont quote me on the name. but it does show the Ebon Hawk falling into the depths of malachor and it is destroyed.
o on the contrary my friend, if you watched it, it falls and then when you defeat kreia, the academy starts to fall then the ebon hawk rises up and takes you off into the unknown regions, and also wouldnt goto and remote be gone? if they were to stay on Malachor V to keep the generators from failing, then u float off into this mist of colors as i would say, am i not right?

lukeiamyourdad
09-04-2005, 05:02 PM
what i DONT want in kotorIII is RACISM. i have seen alot and enough of it in kotorI. i havent played kotorII yet so i dont know if there's any in it, so dont spoil anything for me.

Huh? Racism? Against aliens or against "human races"? I still have no idea what this post is about.

fresnosmokey02
09-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Huh? Racism? Against aliens or against "human races"? I still have no idea what this post is about.

There is racism on Taris and in the Juhani quest in K1. The sith are racist, (don't ask me why considering that some sith characters are aliens), both in K1 and in the movies, (although this doesn't come through very well until you read the novelizations of the movies).

anonymous4
09-04-2005, 06:29 PM

lots of racism on taris. the old guy preaching about how humans should destroy all aliens. how the kids were beating up the alien. oh and that anti-cathar idiot.

nas77
09-04-2005, 08:07 PM
1. Better voice acting. I know it is a Star Wars standard as of late to have almost forced acting, but let's work on that a bit eh? While you are at it, put in more body language and movement animations for when someone is talking. Watching the NPCs have siezures while talking got kind of old.
Voice acting in the two games so far was very good in my opinion, and certainly not as forced as it was in the recent films. But I do agree that the cutscenes themselves were very static and more movement and action would be very welcome.

what i DONT want in kotorIII is RACISM. i have seen alot and enough of it in kotorI. i havent played kotorII yet so i dont know if there's any in it, so dont spoil anything for me.What's wrong with racism in the game? Racism exists and closing your eyes to it won't prevent it. As ugly as it is, I'm glad that the game acknowledged it's existence if only as a reflection of our own society. It's not a fault if a game isn't purely about escapism.

lukeiamyourdad
09-04-2005, 10:12 PM
What's wrong with racism in the game? Racism exists and closing your eyes to it won't prevent it. As ugly as it is, I'm glad that the game acknowledged it's existence if only as a reflection of our own society. It's not a fault if a game isn't purely about escapism.

I fully agree. I thought there was some racist comments that were glorified or something.

In the game, racism isn't glorified at all. The man on Taris gets flak from your NPCs because of his propaganda.
The game shows how racism is. Does it mean it's a bad thing? Yes, racism is bad, but not facing reality is worse. If people close their eyes on such important issues, where will the world go?
The game shows all kinds of social issues and sheds some light on them in a caricatural way.

soatari
09-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Oh... I have one more thing to add.

I want new planets. Maybe some more time in the core instead of the outer rims. Like make the starting planet Coruscant or something.

Prime
09-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Racism has been a part of Star Wars since '77...

Lord Pickle
09-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Revan officially male. Also i don't want that stupid turret game in kotor III. It's too damn easy. But at least in KOTOR II the game didn't feel the need to have the fighters attack you every other planet you went to late in the game. Try going between planets in KOTOR when you need to find the last Star Map and you'll see. Very annoying.

Lord Pickle
09-07-2005, 03:42 AM
Now that I think of it:

I don't want the game to be fundamentally the same for both DS and LS characters. Sure you get a different cut scene at the end if you are light side or dark but other than that what is different? You can still use DS powers if you are LS it just costs more FP. Even quests that are DS are still available you just take a DS hit.

The light and dark sides are quite different so the game should feel different. Things like specific quests, NPC's, maybe even planets should be available to only one side.

Plus as some of the threads have stated the way you interact with people should change. More sick and twisted dialog options to DS players. Like when you could get Zalbarr to kill Mission. That is a real Sith Lord option. Not give me 50 credits or else but using your malevolent will to twist others to do your horrible bidding.

The options could also change based on prestige class. More violent ones for the evil Weapon Masters, more explorative options for Assasins. And for Sith Lords, my favourite class, have them be able to break the will of people to do your bidding. Its not just about fighting but feeling like a Jedi or a Sith.

Also like in Fable the world could react to you and the aura you present. Some good people will not talk to you if you are evil or may run away. Provides a reason why you don't get certain quests.

Also some people will be attracted to you or even fight you. So basically the galaxy changes somewhat and reacts to your alignment. Just do the opposite for the good side, but I think the options for LS PC's are already pretty good but for evil ones its pretty horrible. I'm a Sith Lord not a ****ing Sith Thug.

fresnosmokey02
09-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Now that I think of it:

I don't want the game to be fundamentally the same for both DS and LS characters. Sure you get a different cut scene at the end if you are light side or dark but other than that what is different? You can still use DS powers if you are LS it just costs more FP. Even quests that are DS are still available you just take a DS hit.

The light and dark sides are quite different so the game should feel different. Things like specific quests, NPC's, maybe even planets should be available to only one side.

Plus as some of the threads have stated the way you interact with people should change. More sick and twisted dialog options to DS players. Like when you could get Zalbarr to kill Mission. That is a real Sith Lord option. Not give me 50 credits or else but using your malevolent will to twist others to do your horrible bidding.

The options could also change based on prestige class. More violent ones for the evil Weapon Masters, more explorative options for Assasins. And for Sith Lords, my favourite class, have them be able to break the will of people to do your bidding. Its not just about fighting but feeling like a Jedi or a Sith.

Also like in Fable the world could react to you and the aura you present. Some good people will not talk to you if you are evil or may run away. Provides a reason why you don't get certain quests.

Also some people will be attracted to you or even fight you. So basically the galaxy changes somewhat and reacts to your alignment. Just do the opposite for the good side, but I think the options for LS PC's are already pretty good but for evil ones its pretty horrible. I'm a Sith Lord not a ****ing Sith Thug.

Yep, yep, yep, yep! I totally agree with everything here. Just one thing, though. In order for alignment based triggers to work correctly they're going to have to make the influence system work correctly. My NPC's alignments jump around even at 100% influence and Zez Kai Ell's response to my presence on Nar Shaddaa is random...if I am LS and have run around and helped everyone he still sometimes says I am a bad person or vice versa, but most of the time he says I have done bad things and good things and is confused by my presence. You don't want to be playing a game where quests are triggered by your alignment and get quests that are opposite of what you should get because the alignment/influence system isn't working properly.

Fred Tetra
09-07-2005, 09:06 AM
What I don't want:
The same control scheme on the PC that is unlike most 1st/3rd person games.

Why not allow my character to move laterally to go around obstacles instead of turning around and running in a tight circle? I really don't want to have to hold down my right mouse button to move.

What I do want:
The equivalent of the NWN Toolset, 3DS Max import/export scripts and some documentation.

Prime
09-07-2005, 09:40 AM
I really don't want to have to hold down my right mouse button to move.Why don't you just use keys? I never use the mouse for movement...

MaceWindex
09-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Frankly, Nothing against next gen, but I certainly hope
that it comes out for the OG Xbox. It was KOTOR that
inspired me to buy the 'Box in the 1st. place.
Sure, I imagine that it will wind up on 360 anyway, but
the stuff that made this series great has little if anything to
do with cutting edge graphics and framerate (hahhah)
and instead represents a killer story, and great characters
that are often more real than the film series' cardboard cutouts.
Nuthing against Billy Dee and Harry Ford, but Hailey Joe, and the
other Ani, this means YOU!

sith_master2000
09-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Well chances are the things I don't want have already been said but I don't want to read the whole thread to find out.

1) Nar Shadaa - For the love of god! Never take me back to that god-for-saken planet!
2) Bao-Dur - Completely useless and an annoying voice.
3)A new PC character - It needs to stay as either Revan or the Exile, don't bring in a new character.
4) Bastila not being a recruitable character - She is the greatest NPC in either game so we need her as a recruitable character again!
5) The game to be half finished - No more cut content, we need a full game!

Well so far that's all I can think of. These are my main not-wants for K3.

EDIT: Oh yeah one last thing

6) The same engine - The KotOR I engine is a little dated now. We need a brand-spankin' new style for KotOR III

Vibro
09-16-2005, 05:06 AM
Things I'd like to see in KOTOR III:

1) Play as Revan or the Exile, no need for a new character.
2) Bring some of the characters from the other games back - Bastilla, Atton and maybe a few more.
3) Offer some more alien speak. It gets so repetitive and annoying. They can be saying a 3 word dialogue and he can be goin' on for ages.
4) A few more Planets would be cool.
5) I'd like to see more of the HK droids, I thought that was a nice idea.

That's it for now - I'll try and think of some more.

Darth InSidious
09-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Things I DONT want:
New PC
New storyline
New droids
G0-T0 - there is only one evil droid. I only want to see him if he's been rerogrammed as a tea-serving wench-droid.
Nar Shadaa
The Handmaiden,The Disciple, Kreia, Bao-Dur, Atris, crappy sith lords, or Hanharr.
A dead planet.
NPC's with bugger all dialogue - bring back the rich diversity of K1!
Stuff being cut left right and centre
Bad storyline, full of "themes"...
almost no cantina's - I want one on almost every planet! Pazaak, juma and swoop racing for all!
All the "The Jedi are dying" crap.

montnoir
09-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Things I DONT want:
This annoyed me greatly in TSL. What made K1 so cool was that, the jedi were at their prime, they had a working organisation and they were MANY! You could talk to many different Jedi to get their view on the Force or on life or just ask for advice or help them with some quest or get trained. You got a feeling of being part of the Order. In TSL you get jack-sh*t! There are no other Jedi, you are the last one, you are so badarse that you are the last one and you will rebuild the jedi because you are so badarse.

I do NOT want an uberl33t jedi who RoxX0rZ teh big!11!1111! because he is teh only 1 jedi left!

I want the Jedi Order restored so we can interact with it, to see how it works, to get a feel for how it is to be a jedi. That's what role-playing game's are about. It would be nice if you start off as a padawan and the training level is at a Temple, you make it through the training and you get a cool cut-scene of the ceremony where you are made a knight. The rest is epic.

vanir
09-16-2005, 08:56 AM
That dumb looking Ebon Hawk. I mean if it didn't look like an alien sex toy I could cope...

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at the prologue, "now I'll get a different ship."
Then you're stuck with it leaving.

The one thing I do not want to see in KotOR 3 is the Ebon Hawk, unless it's being blown up and replaced by something that doesn't look like a stapler stuck to a folded paper plate.

fresnosmokey02
09-16-2005, 10:13 AM
This annoyed me greatly in TSL. What made K1 so cool was that, the jedi were at their prime, they had a working organisation and they were MANY! You could talk to many different Jedi to get their view on the Force or on life or just ask for advice or help them with some quest or get trained. You got a feeling of being part of the Order. In TSL you get jack-sh*t! There are no other Jedi, you are the last one, you are so badarse that you are the last one and you will rebuild the jedi because you are so badarse.

I do NOT want an uberl33t jedi who RoxX0rZ teh big!11!1111! because he is teh only 1 jedi left!

I want the Jedi Order restored so we can interact with it, to see how it works, to get a feel for how it is to be a jedi. That's what role-playing game's are about. It would be nice if you start off as a padawan and the training level is at a Temple, you make it through the training and you get a cool cut-scene of the ceremony where you are made a knight. The rest is epic.

That sounds great. Perhaps on the flipside, if we chose to play darkside, we could see the same sort of thing at a sith academy/dark jedi order.

fresnosmokey02
09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
That dumb looking Ebon Hawk. I mean if it didn't look like an alien sex toy I could cope...

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at the prologue, "now I'll get a different ship."
Then you're stuck with it leaving.

The one thing I do not want to see in KotOR 3 is the Ebon Hawk, unless it's being blown up and replaced by something that doesn't look like a stapler stuck to a folded paper plate.

There's nothing wrong with the Hawk. I suspect that it might be back because many people do like it. Plus it has the added benefit of not having to have a new design/progamming team or the time it would take to do it. Another benefit it has is the ability to carry your whole team. I personally wouldn't mind a new ship. It would make sense to have a new one, considering that the Hawk took Exile to the outer rim. But I will say that any unneccesary thing that pushes back any projected release date (even though one hasn't been announced as of yet), I am against.

Prime
09-16-2005, 10:38 AM
That dumb looking Ebon Hawk. I mean if it didn't look like an alien sex toy I could cope...I love the Ebon Hawk. Personally, I hope it is back for K3. Each to their own I guess...

Alora Vinolo
09-16-2005, 11:10 AM
I really don't want a storyline full of plot holes and dialogues that repeat indefinitely.

Yep, in fact it is all that matters, isnt it?

I think i will not play (at, to ?) any more LA game without insurance of having a finished game :blast5:

Darth Covetous
09-16-2005, 12:12 PM
^ call Geico, I think they sell unfinished game insurance

fresnosmokey02
09-16-2005, 12:55 PM
^ call Geico, I think they sell unfinished game insurance

That would turn your PC into a gecko.

Darth Covetous
09-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Wombats.

I don't want Wombats in KOTOR 3

sith_master2000
09-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Wombats.

I don't want Wombats in KOTOR 3
Say What?
Things I DONT want:
New storyline
Do you mean that you want KotOR III to start from where KotOR II left off and have the story continue as either Revan or the Exile?

Soogz
09-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Things I DONT want:
New PC
New storyline
New droids
G0-T0 - there is only one evil droid. I only want to see him if he's been rerogrammed as a tea-serving wench-droid.
Nar Shadaa
The Handmaiden,The Disciple, Kreia, Bao-Dur, Atris, crappy sith lords, or Hanharr.
A dead planet.
NPC's with bugger all dialogue - bring back the rich diversity of K1!
Stuff being cut left right and centre
Bad storyline, full of "themes"...
almost no cantina's - I want one on almost every planet! Pazaak, juma and swoop racing for all!

WORD. Although I would like some small cameos.

Macebindu
09-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Carth is very annoying he must go! also the ebon hawk must be shaped like a tomato YES a tomato!(I like ketchup)

90SK
09-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Meh, ketchup is sub-par.

Anyway, I'd love to see Carth again. I too hope he dies, but for different reasons. We don't see enough main-character deaths in the other two. Other than that:

1. New PC
2. Ebon Hawk (I mean, I don't care if we see it or not, but I want a new ship.)
3. Villain death by lightsaber (ok, every single KotOR villain goes down in combat. Every one. It's getting awfully dull. Can't we have a Sith Lord in a fighter, and you have too shoot him down? That would be so cool. Or something like that.)

jblue789
09-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Well, Kreia, in the LS ending, kinda trips on her own. :P

Vibro
09-17-2005, 05:59 AM
I love the Ebon Hawk. Personally, I hope it is back for K3. Each to their own I guess...

I like it to but if they decide not to go with the Revan and Exile story then they will have to get rid of it.

lukeiamyourdad
09-17-2005, 08:44 AM
I like it to but if they decide not to go with the Revan and Exile story then they will have to get rid of it.

And with TSL's ending the probability of them making such a decision is?

CarnageIKU
09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I would like to see a full and complete game. for me tsl was made to fast and didnt play well to me.

things i want to see
a good betrayal, possibly one of your allies is a spy(not like Kreia).
interesting characters, most likely a love triangle.
Huge choice of characters, possibly the ability to leave one for another.
corusant(battle ravaged possibly)

things i dont want to see
weak characters
weak story plot
dantooine

btw i hold no love for t3 m4, but hk47 is cool

sith_master2000
09-20-2005, 06:05 PM
And with TSL's ending the probability of them making such a decision is?
KotOR II had an ending? Wow I thought my game stopped working :p .

RobQel-Droma
09-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok, here is what I don't want.

Waiting for a long long time to get either your lightsaber or your force powers.
No more droids except for HK-47 and T3-M3.

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at...

BLASPHEMY!!! The Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon of KOTOR, I do not want to see some stupid sith ship that goes about as fast as if somebody had gotten out and was pushing it like people have suggested!!! (I stop as my house is shattered by the power of my force scream)

Well, sorry....anyways, as i was saying,
I do not want to see areas that look exactly like some places in the first and second KOTOR.
A terrible storyline that feels like the game is some sort of weird expansion pack.
Revan and the Exile showing up wearing hoods and masks with no face, no alignment, and no gender. There better be some way we choose what they look like.

TheGreenGoblin
09-23-2005, 08:58 AM
^^^

Yeah I'd love to see the Ebon Hawk one last time, but I'd also like to see it finally destroyed at the end of KoTOR III.

Aurora Merlow
09-23-2005, 09:55 AM
things i don't want;
1. new PC and new story (finish 1 and 2's)
2. boring pointless quests and planets like Korriban (dantooine good in kotor bad in tsl)
3. GO TO, Visas, and an annoying meddling so called mentor i.e. kreia
4. soooooooo long to get a lightsabre
5. amnesia

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT
6. AN UNFINISHED GAME!!!!!!

Darth InSidious
09-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I meant by my comment I DO NOT want a brand new new story with nothing to do with Revan and the Exile. I want to find out what happened to them, and I want to play doing that. I also don't want emotionally FUBAR'd Wookiees, emotionally damaged street urchins, getting involved in civil wars in which you are in ONE area all the time, and I do NOT want some uber-uber-uber-takes-itself-seriously plot.

Rok_stoned
10-14-2005, 06:22 PM
an over used rhetoric indeed.

what i don't want is the ebon hawk

chaleur
10-15-2005, 05:09 PM

I was wondering if you might consider making such a model, snapping a picture of it, and posting a link to it or something? That's the funniest thing I've read all day, and I'd love to see it.

MrVorlon
10-16-2005, 04:17 PM
No love triangles. Ever!

Kain
10-17-2005, 12:14 AM
The Ebon Hawk(I'm so set against that :p)

RobQel-Droma
10-17-2005, 12:31 AM
^^^^
You definitely are. I don't think there has been one discussion about KIII that you didn't say that you didn't want the EH. :Dd

Anyways, one of the things I would LIKE to see is swoop racing as in actually racing against other people like in that SW podracer game. That and more planets/stations like Yavin IV in KI, where you just buy cool items and it is not directly tied into the storyline.

Kain
10-17-2005, 02:17 AM
No love triangles. Ever!

I think this guy just hit the friggin jackpot on ideas. Visas and Handmaiden could both suck a broom before they could...uh...right well.

Well, besides the Ebon Hawk, I'd really really really hate to see some mysterious past BS like we've had twice in a friggin row.

SW1
10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
hey for the stuff about wanting to see yavin 4... was yavin 4 even discovered yet back then? besides by exar kun... the sith lord who brought the massassi there. his name is on the tip of my tongue... damnit. but you know who i'm talking about. i don't think the republic has been to yavin yet...
but for sure tehre's no academy there... that only happened after the fall of the empire

fresnosmokey02
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
The Republic had to have known about Yavin IV. The Jedi brought a whole armada there to destroy Exar Kun. And besides, wasn't that space station that you visit built by the Republic? If they built it they had to know it was there.

RobQel-Droma
10-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Hey SW1, if you are talking about me, then I did not say that I wanted to see Yavin, I said I wanted to see places LIKE Yavin STATION. And yes, the Republic knew, there was a space station there and the Jedi brought an armada there like fresnosmokey said.

I you are not talking to me, then nevermind about the first thing, just yes- the republic did know :).

MrVorlon
10-18-2005, 10:48 AM
I think this guy just hit the friggin jackpot on ideas. Visas and Handmaiden could both suck a broom before they could...uh...right well.

Yes! Two of us against the "love triangle." Ugh! It seemed so hokey for Star Wars. Visas and the Handmaiden fighting over you. Or *shudder* Disciple and Atton fighting over you.

As soon as I realized they were jealous of each other over me, I was like "Damn." Did we even get to pick one? I mean in order to make Handmaiden a Jedi I have to two-time Visas. How can I be light-side if I'm a cheater? Least Revan was a one woman man.

Anyway, to keep on topic. Something else I don't want to see are missions that can't end. But since that's a tech problem, I'll leave it out.

Gameplay wise, I don't want to see any of the environments from either game. I don't mind going to the same planet. But I don't like going through the same or similar pathways. For example Dantooine. In K2 it was not the same as in K1, but it was all too familiar.

Rok_stoned
10-19-2005, 12:36 AM
hey for the stuff about wanting to see yavin 4... was yavin 4 even discovered yet back then?

yes.

Myster
10-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Things i dont want to see:

- Keria - I want somone who is you teacher to be lightside and preferably male like old ben.
- Dao-Bar - well i may not mind a Zabrak(i think his race is zabrak. right?) but not one with that anoying quiet voice and a slimer one like darth maul.
- Wookies with life depts
- Ithorians - ive never been a fan of this race
- A bad story
- Weak lightsabers - sabers should be WAY more powerfull and less of them in the game but you should have one in the game but you shouldent be able to get 20 or so sabers like i have but maby thats becuase i have hacked mechants.
- Badly made sithlords like sion and the other guy from K2.
- Limited party member selection - i mean like id like to see heaps of differant people in my party, main ones stay ofcource but some the leave and join at various points.

Things I'd like to see:

- A party member that fells the force but isnt DS nor LS and doesnt know he/she is even intouch with it. its just normal for them.
-If you turn a party member to DS maby they turn on you and your party and twist them against you without you known and this could be shown in cutsceens like they have in K2 when they are talking about you.
- at the start you can eather become a sith or a jedi but training under one at a Sith our jedi academy and its you choce where to study.
- more suttle racism throughout the story.
- once you finish the game the Kotor series is raped up ( assuming 3 is the last )
- The Ebon Hawk's previous owner has modded it - added some sweet rims. jks. yea so the ebon hawk have kinda like changed.... heres a crazy idea you find out the ebon hawk is the M Falcon. ( i dont know the Falcons history so dont flame me if that wouldent work )
- and finaly Links to the movies like how things evolved, characters ancestors
like maby Jaaba the Hutts :D and is a young yoda around at this time???? if not i finaly want yoda's race to be revealed

The Doctor
10-29-2005, 10:23 AM
I'l tell you what I don't want to see:
Greedy, Lazy Dev's!!!

Darth Serebus
10-29-2005, 12:02 PM
What I want-

Character choices, Im tired of being a human, how about an alien, imagine a Darth Maul type character.
Endor- because we need a cool Ewok, possibly force sensative
Jawa- a evil sinister JAWA that even tries to sell your ship when you land on some blackmarket type planet or space station.
An alternate ship we can fly with only 2 party members, Like a variation of an Xwing
MORE SPACE BATTLES
MORE PLANETS
MORE SIDE QUESTS FOR PARTY MEMBERS TO FURTHER DEVELOPE the characters
BAD ASS VILLIANS
Bring back the assasinators guilde

WHAT I DONT WANT--

No more Korriban or Dantooine
No wookies in party
no GO-TO
BAD AI

RobQel-Droma
10-29-2005, 01:33 PM
No Wookiees? Shame on you. We should have the choice at least.

The alien idea is intriging (sp) but we haven't done that, and I don't think they will in K3. Besides, it would add a whole nother variable to romance, or if there is a KotOR IV then it would mess up that.

I do want the Genoharadon back, they were one cool group. Could be a dangerous enemy. I think that Korriban should be in there, it is kind of a fixed planet. I hope they do some good on it, though, make it enjoyable and hard. As for Dantooine, I am suspicious that they might put it back, I don't really want it, there hasn't been much there to do.

I definitely want to be able to fly the Ebon Hawk. Oh, and Myster, I don't think it would work for the Ebon Hawk to morph into the MF. As I recall, they are two absolutely different types of ships, and the Ebon Hawk would probably be obselete even if it was upgraded. The MF was manafactured way past the time of the EH.

Clone L68362
10-29-2005, 07:43 PM
I can't resist...must respond to people saying not Revan!

Revan
Level 1 Jedi Knight
Vitality 150
Force 100

Tee hee!! *Puts up flame shield*

FiEND_138
10-29-2005, 08:08 PM
I'l tell you what I don't want to see:
Greedy, Lazy Dev's!!!
Don't think thats possible with LA as the publisher.... ;)

The Doctor
10-29-2005, 08:48 PM
^Did you not hear of a game called "Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords"?!?! That is a prime example of greedy, lazy devs.

FiEND_138
10-29-2005, 08:54 PM
^
Did you not hear of a company called LucasArts pushing the dev timetable up & leaving us with what we have to play...

This is a 'prime example' of lazy $$ driven suits pushing a game out the door that wasn't ready to be shipped, not the devs.. :rolleye1:

Blaze629
10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
That is probably true. How much stuff came out in the press and on the internet late last year and early this year about how this game was rushed for the Christmas season? I heard a ton of rumors and after playing the game I think most are agreed that the devs, or LA, or both did rush the last one. Way too many bugs and some storylines that just ended too abruptly. Hopefully this time things will be different. :)

SITHSLAYER133
10-30-2005, 01:44 AM
im sick of people bad mothing the devs the fact that obsidian got the license when they did and completely redesign an engine is friggin maraculous the reason they pushed it out quickly was lucasarts problem

Achilles
10-30-2005, 03:16 AM
^Did you not hear of a game called "Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords"?!?! That is a prime example of greedy, lazy devs.Shoot first and ask questions later, right?

Ahem. As Fiend_138 points out, LA (as the distributor) did have a small part to play in the finished product. Yes, those heartless corporate bastards. Don't they understand that if they really try, they can run a business without worrying about profitability? I mean, if they just went out and got one of those trees that grows money, they wouldn't have to worry about how they are going to finance the other games that they want to make. Or maybe they can partner with a developer willing to work for no money, but gets the satisfaction of long hours doing something that they love. That has to be it right? I mean we're talking video games. Economics and business don't belong here. Sheesh. [/sarcasm]

Not that OE is off the hook either. They could have certainly chosen to blow off their gold date. A move that almost would have guaranteed that they would not have turned a profit for the 13 grueling months they spent developing the game. And don't forget labeling themselves "unreliable" on their maiden voyage. Silly profit hungry devs.

As for everyone that wants to bemoan the capitalist system set before us, face the facts: gaming is a business. In order for business to sustain itself, it has to be profitable. R&D that give us new console technology and new game engines is financed by profit. The more profitable a company is the more it can pay for high quality devs that make high quality games. We all hope that the people working in this industry feel passionate about what they do, but passion alone does not pay the bills. [/rant]

Ztalker
10-30-2005, 05:30 AM
This might be a little off topic, buti've heard of another reason why K2 is so f*cked:

Bioware is a company that works for the fans, not for the Publishers.
What i've heared: Since kotor was a big succes, LA wanted a second one as soon as possible, so it they could cash. Bioware however, said the needed time to tweak things, and make a nice new game. LA then contracted the (relatively unknown) campany named Obsidian. A little and young company, easy to put pressure on, and blame for a bad game.
Bioware then started making games their way, what resulted in Jade Empire and soon to be Mass Effect. While these games where/are very good and original, and appreciated by all, Kotor 2 was written off like an ' Easy sequal, bad game, or lowsy cash-maker.'

All i want to say:
Dont blame Obsidian, blame LA!

PS: Obsidian is now working on Neverwinter Knights 2 under the supervision of Bioware. So Bioware trust them.

PPS: Since Obsidian isn't working on K3 (unless they split up the team)...who is?

PPPS: HK-47 will appear in the Add-on for Galaxies, another proof of LA's dollar-fetish

Achilles
10-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Bioware was offered first pass at TSL but declined due to the fact that they were working on Jade Empire. They recommended that OE take on TSL because the new company was comprised of many talented former Bioware employees. OE began working on TSL right before KotOR hit the shelves. Because they were getting a complete game engine and toolset they felt confident agreeing to an aggressive release schedule. Some of the more ambitious tweaks they wanted to make ended up not being as easy as anticipated and ate up more time and resources than they counted on.

This is based on press releases and published articles. While your post may also be true, it seems to be based off rumor and conjecture.

The Doctor
10-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize it was LA's fault. I assumed they were sensible and would want to keep the target market with a complete game.

Ztalker
10-31-2005, 10:41 AM
True Achilles...

my post was just about a rumour..
Thanks for still supporting the 'Hate LA' Club though :D

RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 11:36 AM
How about I just sum it all up?

NO MORE UNFINISHED GAMES!!!!

There :).

Seriously though, I wonder if Obsidian had had the time to finish KotOR II what it would have become.

The Doctor
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
^ It would have lived up to everything we heard about it. It would have been just as good as the first game, if not better.
Stupid corporate greed.

RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Hehe... Kind of reminds me of the countless quotes in movies, "...scared of what it may have become..."

yeznik
10-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Hmm I'd Like to See A Pet System Something Like In Dungeon Siege 2. Where I can Have One Of The Young Rancors From The Unknown World Or A Gizka, Hell I'd Like Any Of the Creatures From Kotor or TSL In My Party. Maybe Even Rideable Ones (Imagine Riding A Scathound Or a Teterank(notsureifspelledcorrectly) Into Battle!)

The Doctor
10-31-2005, 09:20 PM
^Welcome to the Forums (I love saying that)
I think you mean a Tarantatek. I would love to have a pet Ton-Ton (I know I spelt it wrong).

Achilles
10-31-2005, 09:52 PM
True Achilles...

my post was just about a rumour..
Thanks for still supporting the 'Hate LA' Club though :DWhere did I insinuate that? I don't "hate" LA anymore than I "hate" OE. Any for-profit business has to take risks. OE and LA took a risk with TSL. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as planned, but I've seen nothing to indicate that any one party is any more (or less) "to blame" than the other. Really...get over it.

RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Doctor, it is "Taun-taun." :)

Ztalker
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
@ Achilles: Sorry, just a stupid joke..i meant you still agrre with LA beiing the one responsable for K2

Why would you want a Mount system in Kotor? :s
You can travel with a ship, and the modules and levels aren't big enough to support mount, i think...

On the other hand, if the use a new engine..with bigger modules...
I would just frickin love to ride on a Utapau Lizzard like Boga in Episode 3, while swingin my lightsaber around to behead some Sith....

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 12:03 PM
How would you work that out in an RPG, would it target the enemy and then the animal would run over and you would attack? Of course, you could ride it on you own when not in combat. The only thing is, if there were cliffs, unless they changed something then you wouldn't have much of a danger. In a game like JA, on the swoop bike level, if you went off the edge you would die. I would like to see that if it was just you and you could fall off the edge.

yeznik
11-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Well Depending On Creature It Could Wear Armor Or Have Weapon Upgrades like Synthetic organs and implants. Combat would be similar to normal combat but when it levels it could mature like a Scathound Would start as a pup then as it levels up it gets bigger Till it reaches full maturity with creature related feats and items. Also Dantooine In Kotor 1 Was Relatively large and if you didnt have force speed took a while to get around and then you find a few mandalorians and
:blast10: :snip2:

hehehe sorry that was a bit too hard to resist

But mounted combat would be a bit difficult=S so i guess i have to forget about that

Samurai DD
11-01-2005, 11:17 PM
I can even digest a horrible history in K3, if it has A REAL ENDING!!!!!! And no bugs please.

That's all. Everything else is superflous.

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 11:18 PM
It would be a nice addition. Perhaps going off on another angle on the upgrading, have puppets like B-D's remote, except make them upgradeable. Nothing big, just perhaps some attribute bonuses, some little micro-armor for the remote, perhaps some leather covering for the beast. And then have some implants for the creature, and some things you could plug into the remote to assist them in some area.

†Saint_Killa†
11-01-2005, 11:42 PM
what i don't like:
1. stupid cutscenes like G0-T0 and bao dur's remote sH!+!!!!
2. same storyline(if you are DS, "RULE THE WORLD!!!!!" and if you are LS "SAVE THE WORLD!!!!")
3. dantooine(it's so used up in k1)
4. repetitive animations(is't so boring to see ur PC attacking in the same style over and over again!!!)
5. repetitive alien voice overs(ever heard of a rodian sound like a droid?!!?)
6. game engine(if they wish to retain the current game engine "AT LEAST GIVE MORE SHADOWS AND LIGHTING AND MOST IMPORTANT MORE REALISTIC TEXTURE AND ENVIRONMENT!!!)

for the moderators: is my avatar obscene, if so just tell me :)

stingerhs
11-02-2005, 12:48 AM
for the moderators: is my avatar obscene, if so just tell me :)yes, and so is your location.

Ztalker
11-02-2005, 08:17 AM
You know,

Your is too....
I'm from Holland, and we have an 'other' type of coffee shop :p

IndianaSolo
11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize it was LA's fault. I assumed they were sensible and would want to keep the target market with a complete game.

You haven't followed Lucasarts very closely then. Atleast not in recent years. They've been the poster boy for "fast and crappy quality over slow and good quality".

The Doctor
11-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I haven't payed any attention to anything LA has been doing since KotOR came out.You know,

Your is too....
I'm from Holland, and we have an 'other' type of coffee shop :p
HOLLAND RULES! Have you ever been into a "coffee shop?". It's not pretty. None of that stuff is.

leley
11-03-2005, 09:28 PM
First time poster...thought this would b as good a place 2 start as any...

DO NOT WANT TO SEE:
- same planets, if we must hit the same planets, fine, make it quick and ez, but pls keep most of the plot on entirely new planets and pls let's hit the core worlds..
- same party npc's as the old one, I get the importace of HK and T3, but there could be different droids on this one (and if they bring G0T0 back I think I might kill someone)
- about the ship, some1 said to start in one ship and end in the Ebon Hawk, that's a good idea...
- don't really care for a ton of jedi in the party, 3-4 tops, you and your padawan, mayb a couple more.
- starting as a jedi...the PC might as well start as a sith, and mayb come to turn to the light side
- human starting PC only, so many races out there, let us start with something else

DON'T CARE EITHER WAY, BUT...
- i do want the story to end, but forget the Exile and Revan, they're both gone, start 2 generations of jedi after the Exile, say all those jedi trained @ the hawk became the new council, they have since died, brand new council (trained by them) and that's where you come in to clean up

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the Forums! :D

Anyways, I agree with all your ideas except for two. The alien thing and the forgetting of Revan and the Exile. There were too many unfinished things and unanswered questions. And I don't like the idea of being a alien, Star Wars is all about a human hero. Besides, I am a human, so it is natural to play as one.

Ztalker
11-04-2005, 08:00 AM
@ The Doctor: Do you really think Holland is one big Weed paradise? Believe me, it isn't. Although it is easily to get, it isn't accepted by the country.
I live in the North-East part of Holland, near Groningen (the footballteam Arjen Robben came from before Chelsea and PSV) and we don't have problems with junks etc. it's mainly a problem in the big cities.
And i just said it to provocate :p I know foreigners have a strange view on these things.

@ Topic
What i don't want in K3:
-Wookie: Find something more original! Use a Noghri (assasin species) or a Plo Koon or something like that.
-Same Engine: I play tons of games, and Kotor is surpassed by all. Fable came out for X-Box too, and really looks better. I have an Ati Radeaon X700 Pro Advantage (Good card) and i can;t play Kotor on highest. It's just a port of the X-Box :s
-The Amnesia proces: Seems that every Jedi of the Old republic is suffering from it....
-More heads: i can't identify myself with the character i play. It's to static, to emotionless.
-Customisbale stuff: I would like some customisable robes and saber...would enhance the connection with your pc.

PS: If you are dutch, Doctor, i appolagise....we Dutch just talk and typ English to well...i couldn't read if you where Dutch or not :p

RobQel-Droma
11-04-2005, 11:11 AM
You have go to at least let there be an option for a Wookiee, say you go dark side or if you just are able to choose by yourself, you can get a Noghri/Trandoshan/whatever, but there needs to be a Wookiee for the wookiee lovers out there (like me :D)

lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 01:26 PM
@ The Doctor: Do you really think Holland is one big Weed paradise? Believe me, it isn't. Although it is easily to get, it isn't accepted by the country.
I live in the North-East part of Holland, near Groningen (the footballteam Arjen Robben came from before Chelsea and PSV) and we don't have problems with junks etc. it's mainly a problem in the big cities.
And i just said it to provocate :p I know foreigners have a strange view on these things.

He's Canadian ;)

I understand this. I find it quite amazing that one side of Holland is extremely "liberal" as the Americans would say while the other is very religious.

Oh and most of these kids here wouldn't know who the hell van Nistelrooy or Seedorf are so they probably won't know Arjen Robben :p

leley
11-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the Forums! :D

Anyways, I agree with all your ideas except for two. The alien thing and the forgetting of Revan and the Exile. There were too many unfinished things and unanswered questions. And I don't like the idea of being a alien, Star Wars is all about a human hero. Besides, I am a human, so it is natural to play as one.

I think it should tie in, but w/o an actual appearance, bsides, the Exile we might only b able to see him/her from behind w/ the robe's hood on, bcause unlike Revan (who had that mask) there's nothing like that for the Exile...what r they gonna do, we choose a face for the PC, and another for the Exile?

The Doctor
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
He's Canadian ;)
Actually, I may be Canadian, but my father is Dutch (he was born in Alkmaar). I know Holland isn't just one big crack house or something like that. It's a heck of a lot cleaner there than it is over here.

Sabretooth
11-04-2005, 11:28 PM
1. No Dantooine. Korriban will do.
2. Not Same Engine.
3. Weak Jedi (I mean, the Jedi had to get strong sometime along that period, right)
4. Horrible Alien Voice Acting
5. Plot-Holes

That's all, I suppose. Oh yeah,

6. Gungans

†Saint_Killa†
11-05-2005, 12:25 AM
what else will they put on korriban anyway... mostly it was very used up in the first two games.

90SK
11-05-2005, 01:34 AM
^^^
They only used up that one area. I mean, they really milked it. The rest of Korriban (the grand underground tombs, lava, etc) remain unexplored. ;)

†Saint_Killa†
11-05-2005, 01:50 AM
^^^
They only used up that one area. I mean, they really milked it. The rest of Korriban (the grand underground tombs, lava, etc) remain unexplored. ;)

How many sith lord's tombs have already been explored?

If they put back Korriban they might as well make all the sithlords tombs explorable except for the one's who already been looted.

90SK
11-05-2005, 02:07 AM
Or at least make the ones that we do explore much more expansive (though I suppose I've just been spoiled by JA's grand portrayal of Korriban ;)).

BattleDog
11-05-2005, 05:56 AM
Okay: What I don't want:

Prequel style robes, the K1 ones were cooler and fitted more with the Knights (comics) feel.

Battle Meditation, it felt really corny to have that as a power after they made such a big thing out of it in K1.

Force bond with an old lady, the Bastila one made sense because your in love. If they want to have you fall in love and then form a bond, fine.

No more stamping on K1's story or vilifying Reven.

No Reven light = Exile Dark, thats just stupid.

No defence bonuses, armour should add hitpoints or reduce damage.

No "sniper" rifles with a range under fourty metres.

NO USING THE FILMS AS A CRUTCH WHEN THE DEV RUNS OUT OF IDEAS (K2)

No convoluted plot about a galactic conspiracy, give me an enemy I know from the start then tell me to do all the sneaking around.

No "magic jedi" for the PC half way through the game.

No duff combat animations.

No new interface or mechanics.

No GO-TO.

No silly or pointless force powers.

No pumped up level one (K2), just start me on level five.

No crippled force points for Guardians.

No crippled skill points for anyone except Scoundrals.

No new ship.

No Korriban or Dantooine, they both got toasted, leave them.

No anachronisms, Nohgri for example, who only got discovered in the Clone Wars.

No multibranched storyline for K1, just leave Reven LS Male like it says he was and be done with it. At least that way 50% of us will feel like we made a difference in the at least one game.

No Grey areas like in K2, this is Star Wars, there is a light side and a dark side.

What we must have:

T3 and HK.

Carth walk on, maybe even a spell as him, with blasters.

A new plot, not just a rehash.

Jolee Bindo, with at least three pieces of advice.

Master Vandar.

The Republic less than half dead.

†Saint_Killa†
11-05-2005, 06:37 AM
Okay: What I don't want:

No "sniper" rifles with a range under fourty metres.

Correction: Oh, there are no sniper rifles. But there is a sniper shot feat that only fires more, less, or exactly 40 meters.

Ztalker
11-05-2005, 07:00 AM
@ Doctor and Lukeimyourdad: Thanks for understanding...although we are represented by Harry Potter, we are a strong nation..

(that will be f*cked when the ice-caps melt)

By the way, Doctor, I've made a essay about Canada, it's a nice country. Bears and wildlife all over the place. I'd love to go there one day...many Dutch do.

About the topic:

I just realised something. Go-Ro said the Republic will fall in several months....and in the end of Kotor 2, we don't save the republic, but only decrease the Sith population.
Will the world of Kotor 3 be a great neautral, independent universe? And the Sith and Republic trying to hold it all together?

i can't imagine a Kotor without the republic...

Edit: btw...Lukeimyourdad, how the HECK do you know of Van Nistelrooy and stuff :s

ydroj
11-05-2005, 07:12 AM
No Voice ofc....that is really great about the first two games.
Korriban is great too.... What I don't want is Dxun.... And a Jedi temple ? Yes ofc, go to Corusant! Corusant is a must have for KotOR 3, every Star Wars fan loves that planet!

Darthrevan_3
11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I want to get rid of T3 and HK for the umpteenth time (did i spel that rite?) i also want to get rid of star wars :lol: ya, planet battles :lol:

Samurai DD
11-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Coruscant is a must. Dantooine... no. Already milked everything. But Korriban still has a lot of potential. More tombs and caves, I loved the Sith ghosts and artifacts. Manaan is awesomely boring, so no. Tattooine could be or could not, I dunno. Corellia would be cool. Nar Shaddaa is always cool. Alderaan could go real well, and could go real bad too. And there's a hell of EU planets that haven't been used.

Soogz
11-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I want to get rid of T3 and HK for the umpteenth time (did i spel that rite?) i also want to get rid of star wars :lol: ya, planet battles :lol:

Okay first in Star Wars, you have to have the two droids. Its always been like that. Second it wouldn't be called "Star Wars" if there weren't any planet battles.

RobQel-Droma
11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Darthrevan, no offense, but if you got what you want in KotOR III it wouldn't be close to a Star Wars game except for the fact that we carry around glowing sticks. :xp:

The Doctor
11-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Getting rod of T3 and HK would be the stupidest thing possible. But I don't want to start another argumen, so I'm going to run and cower in a corner now.

lukeiamyourdad
11-05-2005, 07:02 PM
By the way, Doctor, I've made a essay about Canada, it's a nice country. Bears and wildlife all over the place. I'd love to go there one day...many Dutch do.

Well, um...there's not a lot of people living there. We mostly live in regular North American cities and suburbs.

Edit: btw...Lukeimyourdad, how the HECK do you know of Van Nistelrooy and stuff :s

I just do :) Actually, I follow european soccer quite closely (more so then most Canadians). Can't wait 'til June 2006 :D

Ztalker
11-06-2005, 05:07 AM
@Lukeimyourdad: I thought America was about basketball, and Canada about Icehockey...Nice to see i'm wrong :)
About 2006: Who do you think will win? I'd bet on Holland. Not out of arrogance, but because they use young players, that are doing well at their own club.

We should start a thred about this....

Kotor Soccer team:
I'd say putting Zaalbaar in the goal :p

lukeiamyourdad
11-06-2005, 10:51 AM
@Lukeimyourdad: I thought America was about basketball, and Canada about Icehockey...Nice to see i'm wrong :)
About 2006: Who do you think will win? I'd bet on Holland. Not out of arrogance, but because they use young players, that are doing well at their own club.

We should start a thred about this....

Probably, but I'm waiting until June to start a thread about the World Cup. Anyway, Brazil has a lot of chances with their insanely good team. It's like killing one of their best players will just make two more come out.
I prefer Holland and the Czech Republic(damn you Nedved, better come back now!) personally, but my money is on the Brazilians.

Kotor Soccer team:
I'd say putting Zaalbaar in the goal :p

Nah Malak would be better, he could deflect anything.

Ztalker
11-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Awesome 'saving' throws :p

Darth InSidious
11-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Some other stuff I hope they leave out of KIII:

-A new engine. Purely from a modding perspective, I don't want to have to learn to mod a new engine, and what happens if they change it to a unique engine?

- tiny, three-or-four module planets. One like that is fine, but when they're all tiny....
Compare, say, Peragus to Taris...

- bitchy, prissy cows in your party.

The Doctor
11-06-2005, 03:45 PM
^You're roght, a new game engine would suck. I'm to used to the current one to have it changed on me now.
I would hate it if T3 and HK were removed, and I hope Bastila and Carth at least make Cameos, if possible (ie if they weren't killed...), maybe even one or both of them could join your pary (although that probably won't happen).
It would also suck if the Ebon Hawk wasn't used. The Ebon Hawk is the best ship ever.

lukeiamyourdad
11-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Uh, the old engine is dying and doesn't seem to like high framerates for the crappy graphical quality.

There's nothing anyone can do about it, a new engine is a necessity to keep up with everything else.

I understand from a modding perspective how it could affect modders, but people in general have nothing to fear from the words "new engine".
It seems to me that there's common misconception that associates "engine" with "interface". Both are two seperate elements. You can keep the same interface while changing the engine.

brwarner
11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Dont Want
Sucky Ending
New Droids
New Ship
Completly seperate story
Ultra-Laggy Game for PC
Tons of cut content
Do want
More diffrence between force sides(So there is actually a point of playing twice)
No screwed up storyline (like on Nar Shadarr, I didnt sell T3 yet he somehow ended up in the place in the docks)
Way more sidequests and dialogs with party members)

One more thing I don't want, The repeditiveness of you being dark in the past or party members being enemy in past

Ztalker
11-07-2005, 08:22 AM
The engine is the Oddesy-engine, isn't it? it was made in 1998 for cryin out loud. K3 Doesn't have to ne Half Life 2 or something, but at least improve the graphics. I play the game with one of the best videocards atm, and can't put everything on the highest.
In my opinion, create it for the PC and port it to the X-Box 360.

One last thing for the modders: The Jade Empire engine is very cool lookin, but is just an updated version of Oddesey. I hope they use it, since Jade Empire looked very nice.