PDA

View Full Version : how do I get PC/NPC name in item name

shangoman
08-22-2005, 11:06 PM
I want to have my item so whichever pc/npc equips it, it displays their name. Can that be done in .uti file or do I have to learn to script?

thx in advance for any help rendered.

DreadZero
08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
you can have an item automatically display the name of the PC by putting <Fullname> in the name or description i think, as for npc names, i have no idea.

Jeff
08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
I don't think that you can have an item change names when it goes to certain party members, but for your main PC, you can type <fullname> and it will display the PC's full name. eg <fullname>'s armband.

Hope that helps

EDIT: beat to it again...as usual...

shangoman
08-23-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't think that you can have an item change names when it goes to certain party members, but for your main PC, you can type <fullname> and it will display the PC's full name. eg <fullname>'s armband.

Hope that helps

thanks, that helps greatly

ChAiNz.2da
08-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Just a little sidenote that stoffe turned me towards... there are more 'universal' tokens you can use as well ;)

Just look in the stringtokens.2da and you'll find a nice list of other "<token>" type descriptor words... very handy :D

May take some experimenting with them, but at least there's more options to play with...

stoffe
08-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Just a little sidenote that stoffe turned me towards... there are more 'universal' tokens you can use as well ;)

Just look in the stringtokens.2da and you'll find a nice list of other "<token>" type descriptor words... very handy :D

May take some experimenting with them, but at least there's more options to play with...

Many of them in the 1-56 interval are leftovers from Neverwinter Nights though and won't do anything in KotOR, but some of them still work, like <FullName> mentioned above.

If you want to make an item for a party member though, why not just set their name directly in the template? Only the name of the Exile is dynamic after all.

ChAiNz.2da
08-23-2005, 09:03 AM
true, I believe the his/her works as well which is good for item descriptions using the <Fullname> token as well... too bad the Lord/Lady doesn't work (that would've been kewl) :fist: