PDA

View Full Version : Back to school & Backpacks

RoxStar
08-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone. I'm going back to school again in a few days, but this year I'll be in High School. Does anyone have any reccomendations for backpacks? I would like one thats large enough to carr yall kinds of crap, plus an extra compartment for diabetic supplies.

Mike Windu
08-23-2005, 04:24 PM
>_>

Weird thread. :p

But, I shall quote the Jansport backpack makers:

"If your backpack says something about you, tell it to shut up and carry your stuff."

:p

Get one big enough to carry 4 books at a time in.

El Sitherino
08-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Use your locker and just head to school with pencils and such. In highschool there is absolutely no reason to use a backpack.

Mike Windu
08-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Well, it certainly makes high school easier for me >_>

Tyrion
08-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone. I'm going back to school again in a few days, but this year I'll be in High School. Does anyone have any reccomendations for backpacks? I would like one thats large enough to carr yall kinds of crap, plus an extra compartment for diabetic supplies.

Swiss Backbacks are bad.

Don't ask why.

:o

(@Mike: ET is a girl sigs ftw!)

toms
08-23-2005, 04:59 PM
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000987042012/
about $150 or so...

Lady Jedi
08-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Hmm, I use one from Eddie Bauer. Not exactly high tech but it works for me. Then again I'm done with school and just carry some extra clothes and a few other things (book, a few supplies, etc.) for when I go to town. :)

Whatever you get just make sure that it's got a waist strap and really good shoulder straps. Otherwise it can cause some back problems. :)

Bob Lion54
08-23-2005, 05:21 PM
My sophmore year, the schoolboard decided we had to have see-through backpacks. This was around the time of the Columbine shootings, so everyone was afraid of us hiding something. Anyway, I learned the hard way that mesh backpacks are evil. The damn zippers break and the mech just wears away.

If you dont want to be walking along and all of a sudden relize your backpack just got really light, get one that dosent have a zipper all the way to the base. As far as I know, they dont make any mesh ones without this dandy little feature........I learned this the hard way.

Mike Windu
08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
(@Mike: ET is a girl sigs ftw!)

Oh gosh, I hope I don't start any trends.

Gogo ET sigs

>_>

Pie™
08-23-2005, 05:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/MMMPIE/bag.jpg

Not great for large amounts of books, but makes up for it with style. :p

On a related note, starting in a new school tomorrow. I hate meeting new people. :(

Swiss Backbacks are bad. Why? :xp:

ET Warrior
08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Gogo ET sigs Gogo straight to hell.

As far as backpacks are concerned, I dont think it matters. Just buy something that's moderately sized and feels comfortable. Don't spend too much on it... I suppose.

Tyrion
08-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Why? :xp:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mike.werner/BlogPics/switzerland-logo.gif

That's the logo on the back of my Swiss backback. While I am indeed aware that it's the symbol of Switzerland, most people are not. Most people play video games, where the medic symbol just happens to be a white cross over a red background.

To some at my middle school, I was referred to as the medic. :o

(gogo action power ET sigs!)

ET Warrior
08-23-2005, 06:45 PM
(gogo action power ET sigs!)

Gogo straight to hell.

You too.

Writer
08-23-2005, 06:54 PM
@ ET Warrior: Hey, don't blame others for something you said :p

About backpacks: Well, I don't have a very big one and I got it from Fred Meyer :D so my only advice is get one you think will work... not much help, am I :p

Vikinor
08-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Awww man. Pie your bag thingy is awesome.

On topic: Any backpack should "work" fine. Just make sure it has at least three of the big compartments and 2 of the tiny ones. That way you can carry everything in locker! :D

EDIT- oh and make sure to buy one that's more than 10$. I had a 10$ backpack and it ripped and my books fell out. :(

Rogue Nine
08-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I've used the same backpack since sophomore year in high school. I'm now a senior in college.

Jansport ftw.

TK-8252
08-23-2005, 08:07 PM
To some at my middle school, I was referred to as the medic. :o

But that's awesome, because if a girl faints, she needs CPR... :xp:

ZBomber
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Screw you all, gogo Jed sigs (which I had before ET sigs!)

My school doesn't allow you to carry backpacks around, you have to carry whatever you want. I dunno why, you can just stash a gun in your pocket....

shukrallah
08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
But that's awesome, because if a girl faints, she needs CPR...

Too bad that almost never happens in HS! In fact.. the only person in my HS who I know of, that has passed out was a guy. No CPR for him :-p

Yup, I am using the same backpack as last year. Like Sith said, you don't really need one. It just comes in handy if the teacher gives a lot of homework (which I usually don't get a lot of... ummm... nvm, tomorrow I'll probably get dumped with homework!)

I normally grab a good one at walmart for $10-$20. I wouldn't spend more than $20 unless you carry textbooks around all the time.

Tyrion
08-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Too bad that almost never happens in HS! In fact.. the only person in my HS who I know of, that has passed out was a guy. No CPR for him :-p.

As well, were I to give CPR to a passed out girl she'd probably still die. Therefore, I'd be arrested for underage necrophilia.

:p

Seph
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
I got a packpack and It doesn't look like I'll have to use it for my freshman year, but then again I just started today, all I need is 3 3 Subject notebooks a couple folders and a textbook.

acdcfanbill
08-25-2005, 11:11 AM
haha, i still use the backpack i got for middleschool in 1994.