PDA

View Full Version : DVD cataloging software

Prime
08-28-2005, 04:00 PM
For those of you with a ton of DVDs, what cataloging software do you use, if any? Is something like DVD Profiler pretty decent? Do you guys use something else? Free = good, if possible :)

Now that people are giving me back DVDs I had no idea I had lended out, I think it is time to catalog my 100+ DVDs...

Astrotoy7
08-29-2005, 06:33 AM
yeah, a few ppl I know use profiler. But those guys have crazy amounts of DVDs...

Ive got about 150 titles, and I just use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of whats I got, and whats on loan... :p

mtfbwya

TiE23
08-29-2005, 07:04 AM
yeah, a few ppl I know use profiler. But those guys have crazy amounts of DVDs...

Ive got about 150 titles, and I just use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of whats I got, and whats on loan... :p

mtfbwya
Dang, a free video store.
Ive only got like, 30 at most.

Astrotoy7
08-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Donyt worry TiE, when I was your age, I had nuthin... when you get older you will find that you will learn to spend far too much of your hard earned money on crap like DVDs :(

mtfbwya

STTCT
08-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Yes - I find I hardly watch the ones I own. But I have a 2 year old son - so a lot of movies are his - sometimes they are a godsend :) when their is no Winnie The Pooh on any of my like 5 Disney Channels.

I would do it on excel or even make an Access Catalog yourself. You could make queries by type or something cool like that. I'd do it for myself except I do enough of that kind of stuff at work :)

ZBomber
08-31-2005, 01:09 AM
I have a ton of bootlegs on DVD, but I trade for them.

Zappa_0
08-31-2005, 01:20 AM
I dont really buy that many DVD's. I say I have arounf maybe 30, I guess. Also its great to see that your still around here STTCT.