PDA

View Full Version : My Psychonauts Website

Pages : [1] 2

Zetz Darke
08-29-2005, 07:48 PM
K, so i have a website now. It's a crappy free one...so u can't reach it from the net, but I'm going to post the link here and from now on if you want to see updates on my fanfic or whatever just go there.

Thorny Towers Home For The Disturbed: http://thornytowermentalhospital.bravehost.com/

AgentArcana
08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Sweet. I'll be sure to visit often.

Purple Squid
08-29-2005, 08:45 PM
That thing could cure cancer. =D

Purple Squid
08-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Also your bio says you dislike overly nice people. Therefore, in order to be popular with you, I am filled with moderate contempt.

Zetz Darke
08-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Also your bio says you dislike overly nice people. Therefore, in order to be popular with you, I am filled with moderate contempt.

Lol, I meant people who are SO nice that it's freaky. Like their smiling all the time...and your in a bad mood, and they keep smiling...and you kind of want to hit them nice people. I like the regular sort of nice people just fine.

HappyCabbit
08-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Oh...I like the fanart. ^^ I think your site is nifty. :)

Zetz Darke
08-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh...I like the fanart. ^^ I think your site is nifty. :)

Thank you :)

Purple Squid
08-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Lol, I meant people who are SO nice that it's freaky. Like their smiling all the time...and your in a bad mood, and they keep smiling...and you kind of want to hit them nice people. I like the regular sort of nice people just fine.
THAT won't stop ME from glaring at YOU with little to no CONTEMPT, you baby eating author, you!

I keed, I keed. Also I agree--the stuff is neato.

Zetz Darke
08-30-2005, 05:48 PM
:) Thanx

Hehe...this is totally off topic...but I started this thread so...whatever...
I just saw a review for Psychonauts on X Play and it made me giddy. (er...k...so not giddy...but excited none the less.)
They had nothing but nice things to say about it and Tim Shaffer. They showed clips of it and some of his previous games and talked about how uniquelly wonderful he made his games and characters and all of that. *sigh*...that made my night.

Purple Squid
08-30-2005, 06:04 PM
:) Thanx

Hehe...this is totally off topic...but I started this thread so...whatever...
I just saw a review for Psychonauts on X Play and it made me giddy. (er...k...so not giddy...but excited none the less.)
They had nothing but nice things to say about it and Tim Shaffer. They showed clips of it and some of his previous games and talked about how uniquelly wonderful he made his games and characters and all of that. *sigh*...that made my night.
Aw man... I missed it? They're so nice to him--talking about his great strides in creative gaming and such. Manny looked cool also. =D I think X-Play might be in love with Tim, assuming X-Play is female.

Zetz Darke
08-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Aw man... I missed it? They're so nice to him--talking about his great strides in creative gaming and such. Manny looked cool also. =D I think X-Play might be in love with Tim, assuming X-Play is female.

Good, Tim needs the love.

Purple Squid
08-31-2005, 05:19 PM
That would be weird. BUT. I digress. Do have any inkling as to when you might update next? No need to rush--I'm just wondering if I have time to read it. I'm moving soon. Nebraska>Georgia.

Zetz Darke
08-31-2005, 07:23 PM
That would be weird. BUT. I digress. Do have any inkling as to when you might update next? No need to rush--I'm just wondering if I have time to read it. I'm moving soon. Nebraska>Georgia.

I can do it this weekend, no problem. I've been overloaded with homework because I've ben sick for the last couple of days...so it's going to have to wait until at least Friday.

Purple Squid
08-31-2005, 11:57 PM
Greatness! Thanks.

Zetz Darke
09-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Greatness! Thanks.

Your welcome :)

Zetz Darke
09-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Yay...i put a new picture in my fanart section!
I should have the next chapter to my fic up shortly too...I started it this morning and I'd say its about half done.

Smon
09-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Very nice pic! A little creepy though...

Purple Squid
09-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Yay...i put a new picture in my fanart section!
I should have the next chapter to my fic up shortly too...I started it this morning and I'd say its about half done.
Schweetness. Blue ribbons.

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Very nice pic! A little creepy though...

Yea...that's what i was shooting for :)

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 11:16 AM
GOOD BEANS. You're going to be so popular. =D

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 12:09 PM
GOOD BEANS. You're going to be so popular. =D

Lol, your fic is right here: http://thornytowermentalhospital.bravehost.com/fanfic.html

Tell me if you want anything else on the description.
I'll be working on my fic for the next couple hours, but I'll check back here and change anything you want me to change.

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Also, to anyone else who has fics or art you wouldn't mind submitting, I would really appreciate it. My website is linked both from here and from The Psychonauts Fan

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Lol, your fic is right here: http://thornytowermentalhospital.bravehost.com/fanfic.html

Tell me if you want anything else on the description.
I'll be working on my fic for the next couple hours, but I'll check back here and change anything you want me to change.
Naw, the desription is cool. I just felt the need to write, since it seems to be very hard for a few people to... maybe we'll start some trend...

That is the first fic I've ever posted online. X__x

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Naw, the desription is cool. I just felt the need to write, since it seems to be very hard for a few people to... maybe we'll start some trend...

That is the first fic I've ever posted online. X__x

Well it's a great start.

Haha, totally off topic, but did you know that the name Rasputin (With an s) Means a disregard for rules and moral restraints? I found out when I was looking up names on the net to try to find Raz a last name. This guy Gregori Yefimovich (or soemthing like that) Rasputin popped up...who was like...this Russian Psychic healer guy.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I know... its crazy. And either ironic, or done on purpose. I can't tell.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 01:34 PM
And just so you know--the fic itself doesn't actually have a title. I hadn't thought about it until just a few seconds ago. The title you have for it is actually just something I called the journal. You don't have to change it, just letting you know.

...and I love your character Angus so much. =3

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 02:14 PM
And just so you know--the fic itself doesn't actually have a title. I hadn't thought about it until just a few seconds ago. The title you have for it is actually just something I called the journal. You don't have to change it, just letting you know.

...and I love your character Angus so much. =3

Hee hee, thanx. His name is kind of unfortunate tho...it's a cow >.<

Ah, I see, well would you like a diff title posted for it? It's REALLY easy to change.

TyraaRane
09-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I know... its crazy. And either ironic, or done on purpose. I can't tell.

I'm pretty sure it was done on purpose--Rasputin's a rather infamous historical figure and a very uncommon name. That, and a lot of Tim's characters seem to have names with some significance behind them. My favorite's Oleander--an oleander is a type of flower that's very pretty, but highly poisonous. I mean, every single part of the plant is poisonous and even ingesting small amounts can cause sudden death.

Also, am I the only person who can't look at crullers at the donut shop without snickering?

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it was done on purpose--Rasputin's a rather infamous historical figure and a very uncommon name. That, and a lot of Tim's characters seem to have names with some significance behind them. My favorite's Oleander--an oleander is a type of flower that's very pretty, but highly poisonous. I mean, every single part of the plant is poisonous and even ingesting small amounts can cause sudden death.

Also, am I the only person who can't look at crullers at the donut shop without snickering?

Lol...well...now u aren't the only one...I'm going to think about it every time I see them now.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 03:28 PM

I know I'm never eating them again. At least without crying... or laughing my butt off.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Hee hee, thanx. His name is kind of unfortunate tho...it's a cow >.<

Ah, I see, well would you like a diff title posted for it? It's REALLY easy to change.
Actually... the fic doesn't even have a title. Xl So I'm not sure what I want...

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Actually... the fic doesn't even have a title. Xl So I'm not sure what I want...

Well, if you think of one, tell me. Until then I'll leave it up the way it is.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Aw man. I'm no good with titles... can I have some help? Suggestions? Threaten me until I think of something! ANYTHINGVFDGVFSB

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Aw man. I'm no good with titles... can I have some help? Suggestions? Threaten me until I think of something! ANYTHINGVFDGVFSB

:rifle1: COME UP WITH SOMETHING DARN YOU!!!! :twogun:

That working for you?
Or are you into the more positive threats :stick:

Smon
09-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Very creepy Loboto there, all like "Ya know whats gonna happen, get in here ya little piggah!"

Murray the Chao
09-04-2005, 08:45 PM
But he should only have ONE red eye.

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 08:53 PM
But he should only have ONE red eye.

Oh...bummer. I thought so...but I wasn't sure...so i just made them both red. What's the color of the other one so I can change it?

Murray the Chao
09-04-2005, 09:05 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/lobato_sayline.jpg

BTW, the painting made by Edgar Teglee has it backwards.

Zetz Darke
09-04-2005, 09:17 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/lobato_sayline.jpg

BTW, the painting made by Edgar Teglee has it backwards.

K, thanx. I'll change it the next chance I get.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 09:35 PM
:rifle1: COME UP WITH SOMETHING DARN YOU!!!! :twogun:

That working for you?
Or are you into the more positive threats :stick:

Not stuff that'll make me cry in public. Like you're doing now. Stop that. More like 'how about you help? I'll... not eat babies'. That would help. SUGGESTIONS NOW.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Seriously, yo. GET A MOVE ON AND HELP ME. Don't make me hate you. Rawr.

Murray the Chao
09-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Don't make me hurt YOU!

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Great. I wet myself.

Again.

Purple Squid
09-04-2005, 11:54 PM
So what would happen if I asked really nicely? Would I get help then? Maybe? Please?

Zetz Darke
09-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Sorry, hehe...let's see...a title.

The Words Not Spoken

At A Loss For Words.

You Don't Need to Speak.

Words Lost In The Rainstorm.

Your Silence Says It All.

The Silence Between Us.

A Blissful Silence.

A Meaningful Silence.

They all suck I know, but you can build on them if you want.

Purple Squid
09-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Sorry, hehe...let's see...a title.

The Words Not Spoken

At A Loss For Words.

You Don't Need to Speak.

Words Lost In The Rainstorm.

Your Silence Says It All.

The Silence Between Us.

A Blissful Silence.

A Meaningful Silence.

They all suck I know, but you can build on them if you want.

Those are freaking awesome. So much to choose from.. hmm.
I definately like 'A Blissful Silence'. That one fits, I think. So whatever money type things I get (millions, I'm sure) you'll get paid. I'm almost finished with the other fics I've written, so those will be up there soon. (I always write a few at the same time) Man. You're good with titles. A possible career?

Zetz Darke
09-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Those are freaking awesome. So much to choose from.. hmm.
I definately like 'A Blissful Silence'. That one fits, I think. So whatever money type things I get (millions, I'm sure) you'll get paid. I'm almost finished with the other fics I've written, so those will be up there soon. (I always write a few at the same time) Man. You're good with titles. A possible career?

Lol...I don't think you can have a career figuring titles, but thanx ne ways. Mkay, I'll go change the title right now. Can't wait to read your other fics.

Zetz Darke
09-05-2005, 12:10 PM
New fic in the fanfiction section, sent to me via email by a very talented writer. Go check it out!!!

Purple Squid
09-05-2005, 02:15 PM
New fic in the fanfiction section, sent to me via email by a very talented writer. Go check it out!!!
Hurray! I will!

I KNOW that can't be a career. I was just... kidding...

EDIT: Holy Tylenol! That might have been one of the best things I've ever read.

Purple Squid
09-05-2005, 02:47 PM
...now what am I supposed to be when I grow up?...

Smon
09-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Beta tester, space pirate, battery tester, one of Tim's game-monkies, theres a ll sorts of careers!

Purple Squid
09-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Battery tester, eh? Spice pirate, EH? Game-monkey, EHHH?

...I'm gonna end up being a firefighter again. I just know it.

Smon
09-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm a battery tester....

Boss:Yo! Smon! Ye're up!
Smon:Hang on a sec guys...
*slaps on a helmet and plugs a battery into it*
Smon:OWWWW!... Yeah... this one works....

Purple Squid
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm a battery tester....

Boss:Yo! Smon! Ye're up!
Smon:Hang on a sec guys...
*slaps on a helmet and plugs a battery into it*
Smon:OWWWW!... Yeah... this one works....

I figured it would be easier than that. Apparently I was wrong. So, do you get a discount?

Smon
09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeap, free AAs and smaller, and 25% off all other batteries.

Zetz Darke
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeap, free AAs and smaller, and 25% off all other batteries.

*cough*

That doesn't sound worth it at all...

although...I do need some AA's. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm O.o

Purple Squid
09-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Could you hook me up with some of those big, fat batteries? Those are good for throwing.

Purple Squid
09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Zets Dake, you should know you're KILLING me. I keep going back to your site for easy fic access and low, low prices, and it pains me to see the updates for Sep 4. Boohoo. I see you've found something better to do, and you don't love us anymore.

I keed, I keed.

Zetz Darke
09-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Zets Dake, you should know you're KILLING me. I keep going back to your site for easy fic access and low, low prices, and it pains me to see the updates for Sep 4. Boohoo. I see you've found something better to do, and you don't love us anymore.

I keed, I keed.

Aww, of course I love all of you. I can't update with much that u haven't already seen tho...just yet ne ways. I have another pic that I drew >.< But I need weekend time to color it...and I HAVE to update on a diff fic this weekend...so i may not get back to mine till a little later...

Purple Squid
09-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Heh, I don't mind. I just really like being able to casually go to a Psychonauts site and all.
Its cool stuff.

Zetz Darke
09-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Heh, I don't mind. I just really like being able to casually go to a Psychonauts site and all.
Its cool stuff.

Hehe...I actually started coloring the pic directly after I read your post...but I started on the backround and things...didn't go well. Apparently when I try to design a lovely beach...it turns into a disaster...my sunset now looks like a sky from a horror pic thats about to spew tornadoes and my water and sand are dark and covered with shadows. It's scurry >.< And no longer matches the pic...so I guess it'll be a little while.

Purple Squid
09-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Would it be too cruel to ley slip a resounding 'LOL'? Because that happens to me all the time and I think its more fun to look at afterwards. =3

...I think that's the first time I've ever said lol. Even in jest. I'm in pain.

Zetz Darke
09-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Would it be too cruel to ley slip a resounding 'LOL'? Because that happens to me all the time and I think its more fun to look at afterwards. =3

...I think that's the first time I've ever said lol. Even in jest. I'm in pain.

Not in the least...I like it better too...unfortunately...it would make the pic look odd now....very very odd...

Purple Squid
09-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Heh, guess it depends on what picture it is, huh?

"The sky makes it look like the swans are on fire... I don't want that, I think."

Zetz Darke
09-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Heh, guess it depends on what picture it is, huh?

"The sky makes it look like the swans are on fire... I don't want that, I think."

haha...I think I'm going to see how it works.

Purple Squid
09-10-2005, 03:06 AM
I'd like to see it anyways. You know, so I can look at it and wait until you turn around until I start to make fun of you... ah, goodtimes.

Maybe it'll work and people will like it. If not, it'll be a good kick in the pants!

Zetz Darke
09-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see it anyways. You know, so I can look at it and wait until you turn around until I start to make fun of you... ah, goodtimes.

Maybe it'll work and people will like it. If not, it'll be a good kick in the pants!

Hehe, Doesn't matter, I worked late last night making a diff backround...so HA! you can't make fun of me...unless...the new one is bad...then...u know...

Purple Squid
09-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Dang! Now how am I supposed to compensate for my low, low self esteem?

Super models! A goldmine of humour! (done in bad taste, of course)

Smon
09-10-2005, 06:59 PM
For a goldmine of humor just put an animal in clothes. Like a goat wearing a tuxedo. Oh isn't that goat so clever?

Agent-Sarah
09-10-2005, 11:10 PM
*Comes in with a llama* How about we do the Monty Python llama skit?

Smon
09-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Nah, let's go get the three smartest animals on earth and make them BATTLE! *puts a mouse, dolphin, and a person in a big octagonal ring*

Agent-Sarah
09-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Nah, let's go get the three smartest animals on earth and make them BATTLE! *puts a mouse, dolphin, and a person in a big octagonal ring*

What about Marvin? *points at the robot*
Marvin: Leave me be...

Smon
09-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Nuts to him I'm a man of luxury! *flies off to his pyramid shaped planet inhabitted by butlers and mountain dew trees*

Zetz Darke
09-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Hurray, I finally got my new pic up ^^ It took me forever, man!

Agent-Sarah
09-11-2005, 01:53 AM
It's awesome!

Zetz Darke
09-11-2005, 01:58 AM
It's awesome!

Thank you ^^

Smon
09-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Pretty good! Except Raz's hair isn't purple, then again your art seems to be all about using colors in constrast with light to convey moods so some small changes like that really help pull it together... nice work!

Purple Squid
09-11-2005, 05:20 PM
For a goldmine of humor just put an animal in clothes. Like a goat wearing a tuxedo. Oh isn't that goat so clever?

I feel enlightened! O, joy!

Purple Squid
09-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Hurray, I finally got my new pic up ^^ It took me forever, man!

No flaming swans or anything! Its so... pretty!

(Once I figure out my scanner, I'll probably send some pics in. For now, I oogle at your stuff.)

Zetz Darke
09-11-2005, 07:16 PM
No flaming swans or anything! Its so... pretty!

(Once I figure out my scanner, I'll probably send some pics in. For now, I oogle at your stuff.)

Wee for oogling.

Oooh, definately send me some stuff when u do. my fanfiction section is building up with all of the peoples wonderful fics...but my art section only has my stuff in it :(

Hopefully by then I'll find a better way to set up the fanart page.

Smon
09-11-2005, 07:47 PM
ARGH! I gotta buncha PsychoNauts art on PAPER! If only I had a scanner... :(

shinzuku
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM
do they have a scanner in the library?

Zetz Darke
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
do they have a scanner in the library?

They should...You should go check there Smon...or buy a cheap dispoable digital camera and just take a photo of your art...Use paint (Or a better software if you have it.) to touch it up a bit.

Smon
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Hm... I'll check out my library in the coming days!

Purple Squid
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
My scanner is mildly retarded, so...

Its gonna be kind of hard.

Zetz Darke
09-11-2005, 10:28 PM
My scanner is mildly retarded, so...

Its gonna be kind of hard.

Poor retarded scanner.

Mine isn't all that great...it's sort of broken, but I have photoshop to balance things out with.

Agent-Sarah
09-11-2005, 10:31 PM
My scanner is purring like a kitten.

Smon
09-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Well I've got one at home (found it in my closet) but I'm not sure how to install it... do I need a disc or something?

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Poor retarded scanner.

Mine isn't all that great...it's sort of broken, but I have photoshop to balance things out with.
He's been skipping his pills.

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 07:14 AM
My scanner is purring like a kitten.

...that's good, right? It would make me sad to shove paper into a kitten.

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Well I've got one at home (found it in my closet) but I'm not sure how to install it... do I need a disc or something?

O.O I'm a failure when it comes to electronics...You can always consult Jeeves ^^;

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
I can't get Jeeves to work.

Oh well. I bet he eats kittens anyway...

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 07:13 PM
I can't get Jeeves to work.

Oh well. I bet he eats kittens anyway...

humph...evil kitty eating butler.

Agent-Sarah
09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I always knew that butler was evil...

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 08:13 PM
He's always smiling. That means he's on Prozac.

He probably drinks ALCHOHOL while taking his anti-MURDER pills and roasting KITTENS on a spit.

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 08:50 PM
He's always smiling. That means he's on Prozac.

He probably drinks ALCHOHOL while taking his anti-MURDER pills and roasting KITTENS on a spit.

:( I'm on prozac

Smon
09-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Well my library doesn't have a scanner (but they have the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! WOO!) so I'll have to figure out how to get mine to work... Ciao! (Hunts for the elusive closet scanner)

90SK
09-12-2005, 09:20 PM

They wanted to put my cat on prozak (no joke). We ended up giving her back to the shelter. I hope ol' Jeeves back there didn't get her...

Smon
09-12-2005, 09:41 PM
CRUD! Now I can't find the stupid thing...

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 09:43 PM
They wanted to put my cat on prozak (no joke). We ended up giving her back to the shelter. I hope ol' Jeeves back there didn't get her...

O.O Your cat?
Wow....interesting. ^^;
Was it like...super anxious?

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 09:45 PM

Ha, I took it for a while. Back in the sixth grade. It makes me feel better to joke about it--I don't know about you. Just in case I'll just stop making drug jokes.

That frowny face makes me think I hurt your feelings. I like you too much to do that on purpose.

90SK
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
See? Everyone wins!

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM

Cat prozac? Jeeves doesn't like the taste of prozac, and the flavor must've been absorbed by your cat's fleshmeats. You have nothing to worry about.

We're just learning so much about each other today, huh?

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Huzzah! I'm not sure for what, but huzzah!

90SK
09-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Good, she was an awesome cat. She was a black cat, but if you looked really closely under a bright light she was actually a deep reddish brown with black stripes. We would have kept her, but she started to draw blood we decided it was time to let her go...

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 09:50 PM

O.O Your cat?
Wow....interesting. ^^;
Was it like...super anxious?

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Good, she was an awesome cat. She was a black cat, but if you looked really closely under a bright light she was actually a deep reddish brown with black stripes. We would have kept her, but she started to draw blood we decided it was time to let her go...
...woah. Crazy. Pretty sounding cat, though.

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 09:51 PM

Ah...I take prozac because I have an anxiety disorder...I'm not violent or angry or anything.

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Jeeves has a heart. It is icy, yes, but he can feel love...

One day, he'll find love. One day.

(CaptainSkye, your icon totally makes me dance a jig of joy.)

90SK
09-12-2005, 09:55 PM
^^^
(thanks! FLCL all the way)

Ah...I take prozac because I have an anxiety disorder...I'm not violent or angry or anything.

Actually, so did she (or so they said). I guess it just translates differently into cats. Her primal hunting instincts were going nuts. It was especially hard on the dog...

Klia
09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Better than most out there however it does need more content. Which is not your fault it's society's fault with all of its rap!

But seriously, I think the community needs to become more involved with this and make it grow into a regularly visited Psychonaut's page. For fanfiction you may want to divide them into catergories of:

Romance
Drama/Angst (hopefully well written)
Action/Adventure
Mystery/Horror
Poetry
Humour
Sci-fi

Or just one or two catergories also the

G
PG
PG-13
R
NC-17

ratings. I would reccomend taking off NC-17 as some pretty sick-you-know whats tend to post in there.

PS: Anyone know a good Psychonaut avatar page?

Just my two cents.

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
^^^
(thanks! FLCL all the way)

Actually, so did she (or so they said). I guess it just translates differently into cats. Her primal hunting instincts were going nuts. It was especially hard on the dog...

Poor doggie :(

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Better than most out there however it does need more content. Which is not your fault it's society's fault with all of its rap!

But seriously, I think the community needs to become more involved with this and make it grow into a regularly visited Psychonaut's page. For fanfiction you may want to divide them into catergories of:

Romance
Drama/Angst (hopefully well written)
Action/Adventure
Mystery/Horror
Poetry
Humour
Sci-fi

Or just one or two catergories also the

G
PG
PG-13
R
NC-17

ratings. I would reccomend taking off NC-17 as some pretty sick-you-know whats tend to post in there.

PS: Anyone know a good Psychonaut avatar page?

Just my two cents.

Well, it is brand new. I kind of like the way Zets layed it out--easier for me, I guess. That's probably because I wrote some of the stories up there...

As for content, it'll take some time. People have to gather up confidence.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Well, it is brand new. I kind of like the way Zets layed it out--easier for me, I guess. That's probably because I wrote some of the stories up there...

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

I try to take the easy way out -_-

Klia
09-12-2005, 10:02 PM

Doctors hand those things out like candy. Unfortunantly they don't taste as good.

I say "Dude I don't need the Prozac, it makes me highper and I'm just angsty because I am a teenager" Still, I'm only in high school so I have to take it.

Doctors have to realize that deppresion as a teenager is something that needs to be dealt with without pills. This is a fact. Teenagers will always strive for perfection in social and academic life.

It makes real deppresion in teenagers look like a joke.

Hell don't get me started on adults taking it.

If you want to bash me fine, if you want to disagree fine. But if this starts taking up the whole page I would like to go to PM's. Sorry for hijacking.

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Doctors hand those things out like candy. Unfortunantly they don't taste as good.

I say "Dude I don't need the Prozac, it makes me highper and I'm just angsty because I am a teenager" Still, I'm only in high school so I have to take it.

Doctors have to realize that deppresion as a teenager is something that needs to be dealt with without pills. This is a fact. Teenagers will always strive for perfection in social and academic life.

It makes real deppresion in teenagers look like a joke.

Hell don't get me started on adults taking it.

If you want to bash me fine, if you want to disagree fine. But if this starts taking up the whole page I would like to go to PM's. Sorry for hijacking.

Why would we bash you? All that stuff is true. Cept' I don't angst. I ponder things deeply and contemplate things. I'm good like that.

(I love how opinionated you are--not everyone does that!)

Klia
09-12-2005, 10:05 PM

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Yeah, right now it's really easy *Ignore post above.* So I enjoy it but if we brainwash everyone into posting on it, it will take a while to shift through.

Huzzah!

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah. That's true. Might be a problem later. But maybe you shouldn't sift! You should read it all so you can grow big and strong and be a psychic lumberjack.

Klia
09-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Why would we bash you? All that stuff is true. Cept' I don't angst. I ponder things deeply and contemplate things. I'm good like that.

(I love how opinionated you are--not everyone does that!)

Oh thank you. I had an OMG moment there.

I like to think I ponder things deeply. I don't though, it always turns into that's stupid, you're stupid. Stupid.

I can't post anymore the OMG's and fangirliness is taking over

EDIT: I guess I could read. But then my head would hurt and I would actually have to think about what I post.

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 10:09 PM
HaHA! I brought out the primal fangirl! I think. I might've. Hmm...

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 10:16 PM
You don't know how sad I was before I started taking it....

I used to have panic attacks at school...in the middle of class...It was miserable
I couldn't DO anything.
Believe me, I tried for YEARS to avoid medication. My parents had to make me take it...and I hated it at first...
But I haven't had an attack in a long time...and I can finally move on with my life...and it means a lot.
I'm not trying to bash you...your welcome to your own thoughts...
But I'm grateful I have it...
I've been unhappy for years and it's finally over...

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 10:17 PM
sorry btw...
Back to Psychonauts
for real...

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 10:20 PM

I used to have panic attacks at school...in the middle of class...It was miserable
I couldn't DO anything.
Believe me, I tried for YEARS to avoid medication. My parents had to make me take it...and I hated it at first...
But I haven't had an attack in a long time...and I can finally move on with my life...and it means a lot.

Wow. All the more power to you, homie.

Back to fanstuff and your site, I'd like to thank you for changing my LJ type page into that... other... format thing. And I need to start working on a bigger project for it...

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow. All the more power to you, homie.

Back to fanstuff and yor site, I'd like to thank you for changing my LJ type page into that... other... format thing. And I need to start working on a bigger project for it...

Yay, I can't wait to see it ^^

Klia
09-12-2005, 10:22 PM

I couldn't DO anything.

still more hijacking. Good for you, I know that deppresion can be hard, and to alieved of it and believe in yourself is the most gratifying thing in the world. Cliched yes, nice also yes.

Yes back to Psychonauts.

I would gladly like to bring up one of my own pieces of fanfiction as soon as I finish my first chapter. I don't know how long it will be maybe 100 words...maybe 1000.

Another question, a stupid one but a question on topic.

Ahh found it. Always the Same. I read that on oxytocin I believe.

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 10:25 PM
still more hijacking. Good for you, I know that deppresion can be hard, and to alieved of it and believe in yourself is the most gratifying thing in the world. Cliched yes, nice also yes.

Yes back to Psychonauts.

I would gladly like to bring up one of my own pieces of fanfiction as soon as I finish my first chapter. I don't know how long it will be maybe 100 words...maybe 1000.

On Zets' page. The two fics under 'Purple Squid'. That's them. =3

(The one you read was written by Zets Darke, not me. Still great though, eh?)

I'm waiting for TyraaRane's awesomeness to come. There's a lot of words in that thing...

Klia
09-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I'll be back soon. I have to start on my Psychonauts parody and my Pschonauts continuation.

You're all really a wonderful group and one of my more respected forums I go to.

(Registration was hard to come by on this, luckily I found help. I am grateful to you forum gods)

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
UHOES THE RAZ/OLEANDER FIC?! I'm afraid. Oh, so afraid...

Smon
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
O.o Things that make ya go "buhhhh..."

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 10:44 PM

Yes back to Psychonauts.

Yeh...Always The Same is mine. I've been giving her a lot of my RazxLili stuff. She's only got up to chapter two. Chapter three is up on my site if your at all interested. Her site is coming along really well. I can't wait to see what it looks like after she changes it. (x_X The formatting is already much better then mine cause I have crappy free bravenet)

Smon
09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Meh, I've never been a big fan of romance fanfics, but I love the one where the two kids are spying on the camp "that's her eyeless zombie slave!" "...you totally stole that from Scooby Doo."

Purple Squid
09-12-2005, 11:02 PM
HAha! That one is mine, Smon! You like me! Proof!

Zetz Darke
09-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Meh, I've never been a big fan of romance fanfics, but I love the one where the two kids are spying on the camp "that's her eyeless zombie slave!" "...you totally stole that from Scooby Doo."

Hehe, yea. I love the randomosity of that fic. Well done Purple Squid!

Smon
09-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Does Squidbunnies' Most Excellent Comic Psychonauts count as a fanfic? Cuz if so it's the best one. EVER.

Purple Squid
09-13-2005, 07:20 AM
I'm flattered. Blush!

I think Squidbunnie's comic counts. They called it a fanfic themselves, I think.

Zetz Darke
09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Does Squidbunnies' Most Excellent Comic Psychonauts count as a fanfic? Cuz if so it's the best one. EVER.

I love that ^^ I wish they would make more.

Purple Squid
09-13-2005, 04:47 PM
But they wont. Because I can tell. They hate me.

Klia
09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
UHOES THE RAZ/OLEANDER FIC?! I'm afraid. Oh, so afraid...

A parody of those ideas. God, once I read this thread then went back to play the game I was laughing my butt off. If I was serious about it I would be sure to shoot myself in the head.

Then I would hand it to you guys and let you finish off the twitching body parts.

Visual stimula is fun!

I love the Most Excellent Comic so far however I was a little skeptical of Raz's new look. I despise grown-up character concepts. I know it is only one or two years older but he looks like a teenager. Bleh, I love tiny Raz.

Aron reminds me of Jhonen...

However I do love the shading techniques and the shiny tidbits on all the characters. They did keep the style of the game and while I think that they did a wonderful job so far they need to capture some of the more finer aspects of Milla's character. Such as I'm not getting that feeling of enjoying and being in the moment as Milla usually is. Unless we take into account the memories in the vault. I do agree with her snyopsis on his character page on her though. VERY incitful. Only a few pages so far so that is no worry.

Purple Squid
09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
A parody of those ideas. God, once I read this thread then went back to play the game I was laughing my butt off. If I was serious about it I would be sure to shoot myself in the head.

Then I would hand it to you guys and let you finish off the twitching body parts.

Visual stimula is fun!

I love the Most Excellent Comic so far however I was a little skeptical of Raz's new look. I despise grown-up character concepts. I know it is only one or two years older but he looks like a teenager. Bleh, I love tiny Raz.

Aron reminds me of Jhonen...

However I do love the shading techniques and the shiny tidbits on all the characters. They did keep the style of the game and while I think that they did a wonderful job so far they need to capture some of the more finer aspects of Milla's character. Such as I'm not getting that feeling of enjoying and being in the moment as Milla usually is. Unless we take into account the memories in the vault. I do agree with her snyopsis on his character page on her though. VERY incitful. Only a few pages so far so that is no worry.

Their description was great, wasn't it? I wish more people would think like that.

Its just too bad they aren't going to make any more pages. The story started off well, no?

Smon
09-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes it did. I want more! I love the way he draws astral projection...

Purple Squid
09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
It was so... pretty.

Zetz Darke
09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
It was so... pretty.

^^ Yeah....

Smon
09-13-2005, 09:43 PM
It was so... pretty.

Don't look at it! It's like that monster in Steven King's short story The Raft!

Purple Squid
09-13-2005, 10:34 PM
ARGH! Must... look... away... *eyes explode* Aw, crap.

Zetz Darke
09-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Don't look at it! It's like that monster in Steven King's short story The Raft!

*Head explodes*
Sorry I get excited when people mention Stephen King ^^
Which book was that in? Mmmm...Night Shift? or...Nightmares And Dreamscapes...can't remember *Shoots herself*

Purple Squid
09-13-2005, 10:44 PM
*Head explodes*
Sorry I get excited when people mention Stephen King ^^
Which book was that in? Mmmm...Night Shift? or...Nightmares And Dreamscapes...can't remember *Shoots herself*

*shoots you as well*

I don't know, either. I forget.

(Everywhere I go threads hurtle off topic into a flaming, gelatinous, shimmering glob of random. Maybe I should stop being Squiddy so much...)

Smon
09-14-2005, 06:46 AM
I read it in school a few days ago, it was part of Skeleton Crew, I don't read his works much but I really enjoyed it, especially Word Processor of the Gods.

Zetz Darke
09-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I read it in school a few days ago, it was part of Skeleton Crew, I don't read his works much but I really enjoyed it, especially Word Processor of the Gods.

Ah, Skeleton Crew...of course...OOh Words Processor of the Gods is awsome. I also like the Little Sisters of Eluria...course...that story might not be in there...I have a hard time keeping up with what short story goes in what collection. Skeleton Crew was the one with The Mist wasn't it? That one was odd. >.<

Smon
09-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I think so, I only read WPotG and the Raft before getting bored an picking up the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Zetz Darke
09-14-2005, 06:59 PM
I think so, I only read WPotG and the Raft before getting bored an picking up the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Is that a good book?

Klia
09-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Is that a good book?

That's like asking if ice cream tastes good!

Alright sorry to insult your intelligence, I just love that book. I absolutly hated how that movie made Marvin's head big. I always imagined him as a lanky, flat-headed, Futurama/Disney's Treasure Island move-esque robot.

Somehow Aruther managed to look like James from the Disney puppet version of James and the Giant Peach.

I watch too much Disney.

Purple Squid
09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I read... The Hunchback of Notre Dame. And...

"I shall drink like a Pope!"

Purple Squid
09-14-2005, 07:05 PM
That's like asking if ice cream tastes good!

Alright sorry to insult your intelligence, I just love that book. I absolutly hated how that movie made Marvin's head big. I always imagined him as a lanky, flat-headed, Futurama/Disney's Treasure Island move-esque robot.

Somehow Aruther managed to look like James from the Disney puppet version of James and the Giant Peach.

I watch too much Disney.
Me too. Atlantis grew on me, I admit... I saw it 5 times over the weekend and didn't get tired of it. Must've been the animation and character designs...

Klia
09-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Me too. Atlantis grew on me, I admit... I saw it 5 times over the weekend and didn't get tired of it. Must've been the animation and character designs...

It got terrible reviews but hey I liked it.

Purple Squid
09-14-2005, 07:09 PM
It got terrible reviews but hey I liked it.

It got bad reviews? Why? What did they say?

Klia
09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Ready for this? Because this is pretty long. And I am sorry for hijacking this thread.

It's like Treasure Island , only set in space. What an idea! Why didn't anyone think of it sooner? Probably because it's rubbish.

If fans of the Robert Louis Stevenson classic were peeved by the Muppet's attempted reworking a few years ago, then they should definitely hide their eyes now. For this charmless sci-fi caper, Disney have taken it upon themselves to make Jim Hawkins a sulky floppy-haired space-surfing delinquent, and Long John Silver a robot-armed cyborg with a cutesy shape-shifting pink blob where once you'd have expected a parrot. Disney have provided us with some wonderful characters over the years, but you'll struggle to find any in here.

Hawkins gets the opportunity to escape the whining of his suspiciously young-looking single mum when he discovers a star chart leading him to the hidden "loot of a thousand worlds". So, accompanied by a particularly irritating friend of the family going by the name of Dr Doppler, he sets off on a ship captained by an Emma Thompson-voiced captain and a crew of predictably mutinous mutants.

It's all formulaic Disney fare, but from the directors who brought us the triumphs that were Aladdin and The Little Mermaid you expect much more. Yes, the animation is brilliant, and the space theme provides the perfect opportunity for Disney to show off the full whack of its' cartoon capabilities. But we already know Disney can do that. It just wouldn't be one of Walt's flicks if it didn't utilise the latest cutting edge technology, but that's no substitute for good ideas, a sharp script, likable characters and a fun soundtrack. Unfortunately, Treasure Planet struggles to keep its head above water in all four of those areas.

This contrived attempt at recapturing the spirit of Disney adventures of old is to be followed swiftly into cinemas by a sequel to The Jungle Book. Is that the sound of great minds whirring we hear emanating from Disney HQ? Nope, it's the sound of a barrel being scraped.

It's Got: Martin Short as the malfunctioning hyper-annoying robot B.E.N. - the things you see when you don't have a tin-opener.

It Needs: To dump the groaning "adult" soundtrack and inject some proper fun.

Alternatives: Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King

Summary: The quality of the animation never fails to impress, but can't cover up for the fact that this is one of the blandest cartoon tales ever to come out of the Disney studios. Extremely disappointing.

Review by Gary Panton
Review Date: 5th February 2003

Purple Squid
09-14-2005, 08:28 PM
D: I LOVED Dr. Doppler. So much cooler than that lame doctor in the book...

The book bored me, anyways.

WAITAMINNET. I was talking about ATLANTIS!

Purple Squid
09-14-2005, 08:30 PM
...but Disney seriously needs to cut the cheap sequels. But since they're OBVIOUSLY not making anymore more hand drawn flims, we won't have to worry about that. They're stopping after Cinderella THREE.

Walt Disney is crying in his ice block. D:

Purple Squid
09-14-2005, 08:31 PM
One more thing...

'Disney HAS provided us...' That boob.

Purple Squid
09-14-2005, 08:36 PM
It seems Atlantis got some crap reviews, too.

Maybe I'll post one.

Zetz Darke
09-14-2005, 09:41 PM
...but Disney seriously needs to cut the cheap sequels. But since they're OBVIOUSLY not making anymore more hand drawn flims, we won't have to worry about that. They're stopping after Cinderella THREE.

Walt Disney is crying in his ice block. D:

Amen.

I learned long ago to stay away from Disneys sequels. They suck so bad it makes me cry. It really ruins a good classic movie to make a crappy sequel for it too. What a shame.

Murray the Chao
09-15-2005, 01:01 AM
Toy Story 2 was DEFINATLEY better than the original. The Aladdin sequels were quite good too.

Purple Squid
09-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Toy Story 2 was DEFINATLEY better than the original. The Aladdin sequels were quite good too.

Jafar Returns was.... special. 40 thieves was better.

TOY STORY ONE IS COOL. Foo'. I just feel bad for Atlantis, though, because everyone's dissin' (ha) because of the way it was drawn. D:

Smon
09-15-2005, 08:15 AM
I liked Atlantis... Milo was quite Guybrush-like.

Purple Squid
09-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I liked Atlantis... Milo was quite Guybrush-like.

Oooh, yeah. When I was younger and the movie first came out, I didn't have a favorite character or anything. In fact, I didn't really care about the movie. Now that I'm cool, older, dignified, mature, and awesome, I LOVE the character designs. Especially Vinny and Audrey.

Zetz Darke
09-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Oooh, yeah. When I was younger and the movie first came out, I didn't have a favorite character or anything. In fact, I didn't really care about the movie. Now that I'm cool, older, dignified, mature, and awesome, I LOVE the character designs. Especially Vinny and Audrey.

I was more fond of their comical movies. I liked The Emperors New Groove and Lilo And Stitch a lot. I like all of the Disney and Pixars...but I have a feeling that may end soon. But aside from that...I think my Disney phase has long ended. I still love cartoons, but I look more forward to stuff like Shrek and Corpse Bride. (I am SO seeing that next Friday!!!) Not that they have anything in common except that they are aimed towards an older age group.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 07:55 PM
I look forward to all animated movies, just because they make me so happy. :3
I'm going to see the Corpse Bride for my birthday!

Klia
09-16-2005, 08:27 PM
The Corpse Bride. I'm actually a little scared of what is going to happen when the movie comes out. I already saw some NC-17 pictures of the Corpse Bride three weeks ago.

People, keep your hormones under control until the picture is at least out. Then do whatever you want and leave the dignified people to their own forums....

I wish I was one of the dignified people.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 08:32 PM
The Corpse Bride. I'm actually a little scared of what is going to happen when the movie comes out. I already saw some NC-17 pictures of the Corpse Bride three weeks ago.

People, keep your hormones under control until the picture is at least out. Then do whatever you want and leave the dignified people to their own forums....

I'm going to simply go backwards in the mental stage and say:
W
T
F
?!

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY DRAW PORN ABOUT A MOVIE BEFORE IT EVEN COMES OUT?! THAT'S JUST... STUPID!

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 08:34 PM
And you're not one of the dignified people simply because you enjoy psychoporn too much. Last time I checked.

Klia
09-16-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm going to simply go backwards in the mental stage and say:
W
T
F
?!

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY DRAW PORN ABOUT A MOVIE BEFORE IT EVEN COMES OUT?! THAT'S JUST... STUPID!

It was basically a pornographic rewrite of the trailer. Also the movie is based on an old poem.

And you're not one of the dignified people simply because you enjoy psychoporn too much. Last time I checked.

Too true. too true. As long as it's well-written, plausible, and out there I'm all for it.

I was going to mess with your mind some more but seeing as I have company over who is staring over my shoulder I might have to use a code to say this.

Never mind. They implanted this idea in my mind. You know how Dogen got his mind taken out by Dr. Loboto and Loboto's primal memories were of Dogen? Why yes, put the two together and you have one of the more nasty ideas from another person's mind.

Still, I find Loboto and Crispin more disturbing.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Well, I know the poem part...

But how do you porn-up a trailer? That must be harder than writing a Tetris fanfic.

Klia
09-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Well, I know the poem part...

But how do you porn-up a trailer? That must be harder than writing a Tetris fanfic.

I'll PM. I don't want to dirty up the thread.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Ah. Thanks. Young ears wander... and I can't say I'm not one of them. But I'll live.

Klia
09-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Shinzuku updated! Now I can rest in peace.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Um... okay... how old do you think that person is, exactly? Is Isabelle some warped Oc or something? That was just...

Special?

Klia
09-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Um... okay... how old do you think that person is, exactly? Is Isabelle some warped Oc or something? That was just...

Special?

I'd say 12-13 as they are usually too shy to post anything resembling intelligence and well-written sentences.

Isabelle is the name she gave the Corpse Bride. What Burton is going to do. I don't know. However she podded the person. It means implanting a seed of Mary-Sue into a canon character and completly murphing up their character.

Now I am going to have to laugh as I said murph

Zetz Darke
09-16-2005, 10:10 PM

People are weird O.o
Is there a section for that in FF.net yet? If there is I'm going to disown that website.

Zetz Darke
09-16-2005, 10:13 PM
K, it's alright. Still no section. Although I bet they'll have one in by the time the movie comes out 9.9 Even tho they've neglected Psychonauts for this long!!

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:03 PM
I'd say 12-13 as they are usually too shy to post anything resembling intelligence and well-written sentences.

Isabelle is the name she gave the Corpse Bride. What Burton is going to do. I don't know. However she podded the person. It means implanting a seed of Mary-Sue into a canon character and completly murphing up their character.

Now I am going to have to laugh as I said murph

Murph. Isabelles is such a pretty name, too...

Murphmurph. I hope I never pod a character. That would be sad.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:05 PM
K, it's alright. Still no section. Although I bet they'll have one in by the time the movie comes out 9.9 Even tho they've neglected Psychonauts for this long!!

I bet Fanfiction.net voted REPUBLICAN! (no offense to any Republicans. I kid. Some of my best friend(s) are republican!)

How could you ignore Psychonauts? You can't! They're just spiting you.

90SK
09-16-2005, 11:33 PM
That must be harder than writing a Tetris fanfic.

Tetris fanfic? I'm tempted...

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Heheh, its kind of a joke between Zetty and I...

...that sounds like a play. Anyway, we were talking about how there's more fanfics for Tetris and the Bible than Grim Fandango, and... well. I'll bet the posts are buried in this thread somewhere.

90SK
09-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Seriously, it would make probably make a really trippy story. You could totally pack it with metaphors and comparisons to teen life, or something. I'm sure some psychoanalytically inclined author would have a field day doing it up.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Why do your avatars keep changing to higher and higher degrees of awesome? Seriously.

We discussed a Tetris CROSSOVER. Wouldn't that be trippy.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Now quick! Stop talking about it! They might forget to name everybody!

Klia
09-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Tetris fanfic? I'm tempted...

They have Tetris porn for god's sake.

I have it saved on my computer.

90SK
09-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Eh, depends on what kind of references you make. I mean, it could be a story about mass rape at a mosh pit. Seriously, when you think about the metaphoric value of all those pieces stacking up...

Anyway, yeah. Thanks for the compliment. FLCL is completely awesome.

But, I digress...again.

90SK
09-16-2005, 11:49 PM

Are you kidding me? That's...well, I suppose we should have expected it by now. But...ugh.

Klia
09-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Eh, depends on what kind of references you make. I mean, it could be a story about mass rape at a mosh pit. Seriously, when you think about the metaphoric value of all those pieces stacking up...

Anyway, yeah. Thanks for the compliment. FLCL is completely awesome.

But, I digress...again.

Rape. Any nonconsensual intercourse disguists. And then you actually meet the people who write it for pleasure. Makes those odd pairings fanfiction seem like a walk in the park.

If I was to do a Tetris fanfiction I would do it as one block's fight to get out of the bottom but is being outweighed by the rest of society.

Then he gets his super awesome gothic powers and flies out above them all as they burn in their own orgy of filth.

Cause you know goth people are the only people worth writing about.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:52 PM

I have it saved on my computer.
You better be kidding. Because if you're not...

I don't know what I'll do. Probably lose all faith in the goodness of mankind and become a super villain.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm going to write a Tetris fic write now. Right here. Hang on.

Purple Squid
09-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Aren't we all just falling? Down, falling into an abyss... All of us squares, all of us... angular. NO ONE can express their individuality. No speaking. None. God's Gameboy is our home, and we are always crammed together. And in the end, just when you find someone you can talk to, someone JUST LIKE you... you both vanish. Into the abyss...

...That was it. GEEZ. God's gameboy? That fic was total CRAP. Its making me laugh very hard, though.

90SK
09-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Nonsense, it was totally a spiritual journey for me. Soul-wrenching and powerful to the last sentence.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Nonsense, it was totally a spiritual journey for me. Soul-wrenching and powerful to the last sentence.

God's Gameboy is hardly spiritual. And yet, I feel I've described the feelings of our opressed, cubical friends. And they were all SO goth.

...I wish I were goth. Then people could write about me.

Klia
09-17-2005, 12:06 AM
You better be kidding. Because if you're not...

I don't know what I'll do. Probably lose all faith in the goodness of mankind and become a super villain.

I lost my faith in humanity when I read Celebrian. NO I will NOT let anyone see that. I'm totally serious about that fic. No one should have to be put through that.

CaptainSkye your icon looks like it's singing to the song Chop Suey I'm playing right now.

Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
Grab a brush and put a little
Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
Hide the scars to fade away the
Why’d you leave the keys upon the table?
You wanted to.

Klia
09-17-2005, 12:07 AM

God's Gameboy is hardly spiritual. And yet, I feel I've described the feelings of our opressed, cubical friends. And they were all SO goth.

...I wish I were goth. Then people could write about me.

Only the preteens.

If you really wanted to be famous all you would have to do is to work at Hooters...Damn you Hooters ads on the side! I'm a girl and your're making me look!

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 12:07 AM
I lost my faith in humanity when I read Celebrian. NO I will NOT let anyone see that. I'm totally serious about that fic. No one should have to be put through that.

CaptainSkye your icon looks like it's singing to the song Chop Suey I'm playing right now.

Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
Grab a brush and put a little
Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
Hide the scars to fade away the
Why’d you leave the keys upon the table?
You wanted to.

Thanks for not sharing. I might've hated you afterwards. I like you too much for that, Psychoporn.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Only the preteens.

If you really wanted to be famous all you would have to do is to work at Hooters...Damn you Hooters ads on the side! I'm a girl and your're making me look!

Hooters is demeaning and has pornmen hiding under tables. D:

90SK
09-17-2005, 12:11 AM

I wanted this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/CaptainSkye/beck04.gif) as my avatar, but no! No, 40mg! 44mg not ok! No! *sob*

Klia
09-17-2005, 12:13 AM
I wanted this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/CaptainSkye/beck04.gif) as my avatar, but no! No, 40mg! 44mg not ok! No! *sob*

This forum seems so lenient to me as I came from a forum that only allowed 60X60 and no animations.

I don't go to that forum anymore.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Holy cow. You're good at avatars.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 12:14 AM
This forum seems so lenient to me as I came from a forum that only allowed 60X60 and no animations.

I don't go to that forum anymore.

This is the only forum you'll ever need...

*brainwash* *flouride* *watches*

90SK
09-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Holy cow. You're good at avatars.

It's just the tip of the beanstalk. Ever wonder where everyone gets their anime gifs? Yeah, its all from this site (http://www.anime-kun.net/anim_gifs/gifs.php?gif=flcl). It's like the avatar shrine.

Klia
09-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Meh. I've never been big on anime. Something about it just bothers me.

I have a few favorite anime's like Blackjack, Paranoia Agent and Lain.

Yeah that's it.

90SK
09-17-2005, 12:27 AM
At least you're not all like "t3h anime suckz!" It's good to accept something even if you don't care for it as much.

Yeah, I love Paranoia Agent. For me, FLCL and Bebop are at the top of the list (mainly because I'm a Seatbelts/Pillows addict).

Smon
09-17-2005, 04:06 AM
Meh, only a few anime keep my interest, the obvious ones (DBZ, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist) and the mystery ones. (Lupin III and Case Closed)

Klia
09-17-2005, 09:47 AM
At least you're not all like "t3h anime suckz!" It's good to accept something even if you don't care for it as much.

Yeah, I love Paranoia Agent. For me, FLCL and Bebop are at the top of the list (mainly because I'm a Seatbelts/Pillows addict).

It's like the two opposing forces. Some who shout

"ANIME IS TEH BESTEST!"

And others who shout.

"ANIME IS TEH SUXXORS!"

It's just animation people. And yet can't that be said for everything? CaptainSkye, you changed your icon as well!

Meh, only a few anime keep my interest, the obvious ones (DBZ, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist) and the mystery ones. (Lupin III and Case Closed)

I like FMA if only for Mariah Ross who has the same haircut as I do.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Good God, makes me feel bad for not having an icon.

...still not going to get one.

Klia
09-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Good God, makes me feel bad for not having an icon.

...still not going to get one.

See your're not one of us nazi-cheerleader conformists.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 10:31 AM
No. Constantly raging against the machine. Down with the Man.

Klia
09-17-2005, 10:33 AM
No. Constantly raging against the machine. Down with the Man.

You should so totally sig youreslf.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 10:36 AM
I so totally will. Hang on.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Does this signature make me look fat? D:

Klia
09-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Nope not at all.

*snickers*

Like totally man.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 10:43 AM
*rock on sign*

Whoo! We are so totally awesome! Or to Vocabulor it...

PAWESOME!

*head bang*

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Seriously, it would make probably make a really trippy story. You could totally pack it with metaphors and comparisons to teen life, or something. I'm sure some psychoanalytically inclined author would have a field day doing it up.

A little late but here we go.

A Blue square named Bob and a pink square named Stephanie grow old together.

That's a summary from fanfiction.net...how...the hell do these people come up with this crap.

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Does this signature make me look fat? D:

Grotesqely fat. (I know I spelled that wrong.)

Sorry. no snickers bar. (You can all club me in the head for that joke.)

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 10:55 AM
WHSGNWNGBWBGFBGHSHSGFS. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*whap*

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 10:56 AM
A little late but here we go.

That's a summary from fanfiction.net...how...the hell do these people come up with this crap.

Did you read my Tetris fanfiction? Its up there, on this thread, somewhere...

That's how they come up with it. They improvise.

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Did you read my Tetris fanfiction? Its up there, on this thread, somewhere...

That's how they come up with it. They improvise.

They need lives. Ok, hold on, I'm gonna go read it.

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Aren't we all just falling? Down, falling into an abyss... All of us squares, all of us... angular. NO ONE can express their individuality. No speaking. None. God's Gameboy is our home, and we are always crammed together. And in the end, just when you find someone you can talk to, someone JUST LIKE you... you both vanish. Into the abyss...

...That was it. GEEZ. God's gameboy? That fic was total CRAP. Its making me laugh very hard, though.

Hehe, that was actually pretty poetic. It was well written. But with you it's ok...because I know you weren't someone who picked up a gameboy, played Tetris and said "Holy crap! I must write something about this! I feel so inspired!!!"
I guess Tetris isn't as bad as Solitaire though...or ping pong...with the Bible at least you have a story line to follow...(Although i couldn't imagine wanting to write a fanfic about it either. >_<

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Heh. I didn't mean for it to spew out poetic. It was supposed to be funny, dangit!

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Lol, it can be both.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Good. Phew. I'm never writing that kind of fic ever again.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 02:08 PM
(the story is better if you imagine a tiny beatnik snapping to the beat of some bongos)

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Lol...I'll do that next time.

Gah...I guess I'll go email fanfiction.net again...i haven't done it in a couple weeks. (EVIL WEBSITE!!)

I feel slightly crazy because I just finished watching the first disc of Invader Zim season 3. WOot for the madness!!!!

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Lol...I'll do that next time.

Gah...I guess I'll go email fanfiction.net again...i haven't done it in a couple weeks. (EVIL WEBSITE!!)

I feel slightly crazy because I just finished watching the first disc of Invader Zim season 3. WOot for the madness!!!!
Ahhh... I don't think I want a section on FF.net for our baby. I mean Psychonauts. Too many badfics up on that site to be healthy.

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Ahhh... I don't think I want a section on FF.net for our baby. I mean Psychonauts. Too many badfics up on that site to be healthy.

Yea...but it'd probably encourage more people to write fics...and they'd be easier to access...although...I'm always willing to take as many as I can onto my own site.

Smon
09-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Zim... doom da doom da-doomy doom doom doom da doom da-doomy doom doom doom da doom da-doomy doom doom doom da doom da-doomy doom doom doom da doom da-doomy doom doom da-doom THE END! Oh, whassat?

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Yea...but it'd probably encourage more people to write fics...and they'd be easier to access...although...I'm always willing to take as many as I can onto my own site.
There are too many dumb, angry, angsty people there. I don't think I can handle Psychonauts angst.

Smon
09-17-2005, 09:32 PM
There are too many dumb, angry, angsty people there. I don't think I can handle Psychonauts angst.

A:
Raz:What do you think?
Oleander:...secks.

B:
Raz:OMFG I R GHEY!

C:
Raz:I'm afraid my cancer is so serious its spread to Sasha.
Sasha:GHASP!

Well I'm pretty sure that at one moment while writing one half of my brain proceded to beat the hell out of the other half.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 09:36 PM
A:

B:

C:

Well I'm pretty sure that at one moment while writing one half of my brain proceded to beat the hell out of the other half.

What would Lili think? Is this cancer a STD?

Oleander did want to be a sailor. Sailors like secks. Or sexxorZ. Whatev.

...and those are pretty much the only themes going around the place. Stupid nine year old grammar type people...

Smon
09-17-2005, 09:43 PM
That's why they enlist the help of Vocabulor! All ya need is to make a simple summoning circle using salt, ketchup, and three fangs of a chupacabra and I'm there like that *snaps fingers*

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 09:46 PM
VOCABULOR! WHAT DOES GSBNSNBHSGNSBH MEAN?

Help me, Vocabulor!

Smon
09-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Sorry, you're looking for EMOTIKUN, master of internet vocabulary, I'm master of english vocabulary.

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh. Dang. What do I summon that dawg with?

Smon
09-17-2005, 09:52 PM
A stack of furry porn, a gallon of Bawls and the farts of dracula. (Noones gonna get that reference...)

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 10:07 PM
A:

B:

C:

LOL I love C!!!!!

Hehe...this is true...there is a lot of angst and OC and REALLY bad writers...but you can occasionally come across a good writer too.

Smon
09-17-2005, 10:14 PM
C is based on the Drama-rama sotryline of BTC, check it out, one of my favorite comics: http://www.biggercheese.com

Zetz Darke
09-17-2005, 10:19 PM
C is based on the Drama-rama sotryline of BTC, check it out, one of my favorite comics: http://www.biggercheese.com

Haha, I enjoyed that! ^^

Purple Squid
09-17-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm so unhip. I do not even know what you are talking about. Oh poo.

(my family just saw The Hitchhiker's Guide again, and I'm not quite angry anymore.
Effin' hilarious once you get over the mush.)

KingCheez
09-18-2005, 12:55 AM
I love Hitchhiker's Guide, but they butchered it from the book with all the romance crap.

90SK
09-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Ugh, I know. At least they defuse it at the end of the movie:

"What's he talking about?"
"Take his brain!"

:rofl:

Purple Squid
09-18-2005, 01:03 AM
I love Hitchhiker's Guide, but they butchered it from the book with all the romance crap.
That's why I was angry. I understand downsizing it... six books. But just because he's a main character doesn't mean he has to fall in LUFFOMG.

Smon
09-18-2005, 01:35 AM
I saw the movie before the book, and enjoyed them both.

Klia
09-18-2005, 10:27 AM
I saw the movie before the book, and enjoyed them both.

I read the book before the movie and enjoyed the movie as a cute little thing to watch but I was upset that they didn't get to the HH building.

And I think I said this but why was Marvin's head so huge? WHY?

Smon
09-18-2005, 10:30 AM
In the book or the movie? Cuz in the book I never remember reading the size, but I remember one line keeps coming up.. "Brain the size of a planet and you're all 'oh Marvin do this!'" I think his head is quite huge.

Zetz Darke
09-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Never read a book before going to see a movie. Always see the movie first so you can enjoy that...then read the book afterwards so that you can enjoy that too. I get dissapointed every time I go to see a Stephen King movie because they always wind up butchering those BADLY, especially when he isn't involved with them.

Smon
09-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Well as long as they don't make a movie based on a book with the same story of another movie I should be safe.... *looks at Fantastic 4* well... dammit. I was trying to be clever and it turns out that it was true. Well crap.