PDA

View Full Version : Would like to help with mapping.

RoguE Jedi
08-30-2005, 01:41 AM
i can help mapping i'm still learning but this is a map i've realeased . http://www.pcgamemods.com/14760/ i'm working on a version 2 at the moment . My email is QuicK_Silv3r@msn.com. Note i don't have this game so i don't know what the levels are like.

Tesla(DF)
08-30-2005, 12:42 PM
I am going to check out your map right now, it is a very important thing to have Dark Forces, or to get it, I imagine if you look hard you could find it for 5$

Also, there is a thread already here for signing up to the team, try posting an application there if you are truly interested in joining up.

RoguE Jedi
08-30-2005, 05:10 PM
i did hehe. first page last down.

Tesla(DF)
08-30-2005, 09:03 PM
I have downloaded the map, the rock, sky and grass textures will not load, I checked, the textures are there, but the folder is named wrong. It also appears I need to have the other map you talked about to view them I would imagine...

RoguE Jedi
08-31-2005, 12:56 AM
well that would be arevass cause i got the textures from that.

Tesla(DF)
08-31-2005, 08:44 AM
basically, you included the textures with the map, but you were grabbing them from areavass, not the folder you included with the pk3 called areva, also I decompiled your map, and GTK skiped 22 Autosave runs, thats 10 mins under 2 hours... I suspect you had alot of brushplanes with no normals, but I will need to try doing it again, last time it froze. I want to go in and see if you applied basic techniques, how you made your terrain, and judging by the fact you don't have a pcx flie, your floor terrain, just has a texture applied, I don't want to bash you, but I do want to help.

RoguE Jedi
08-31-2005, 06:01 PM
yea i know i suck lol.