PDA

View Full Version : Cheating??

DarkMe
09-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Does anybody use cheat codes while playing K.O.T.O.R??
And if you do why do you?? Or why don't you??

ChAiNz.2da
09-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Sometimes.

I always make it a habit to play the games "cheat free" for the first 2 or 3 run throughs... but after that, it's "free range" hehehe...

Sometimes I cheat for convenience, other times to experiment (to see if devs properly prepared for "situations") and other times for testing purposes.. it's almost a given (and necessity) if you mod a game.. :)

Zalbar2007
09-05-2005, 04:11 PM
I play through the first time without cheating and then I go to town. Max credits, maxed stats, all the weapons.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Prime
09-05-2005, 04:13 PM
I never cheat on the first time through...

Darth333
09-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I never cheat the first time I play but after that it's fun to mess around with cheats and try things I wouldn't try otherwise, such as adding some force powers/skills I wouldn't normally pick but want to see the effects by curiosity. And I can't imagine modding without cheats, especially the warp code.

Jeff
09-05-2005, 04:35 PM
I never cheat on the first playthrough, and I try not to on most of them, but there are a few saves that I went to town cheating... ;)

Soogz
09-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I never cheat on the firsttime through, but yea I cheat sometimes.

Vladimir-Vlada
09-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Why would someone cheat in KOTOR?! I would NEVER cheat in KOTOR (never did really).

SITHSLAYER133
09-05-2005, 10:04 PM
cheat the kse i use to test stuff

Mira Dona
09-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't cheat the first time, or the second, or the third. Actually I just don't cheat, I makes me feel kinda cheap. If I want to do something differently in the game the second time around, I just download a mod.

MdKnightR
09-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Sometimes.

I always make it a habit to play the games "cheat free" for the first 2 or 3 run throughs... but after that, it's "free range" hehehe...

Sometimes I cheat for convenience, other times to experiment (to see if devs properly prepared for "situations") and other times for testing purposes.. it's almost a given (and necessity) if you mod a game.. :)

I concur with ChaiNz on this issue.

ForceFightWMe12
09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Sorry, I never cheat. Okay thats a lie. If I'm stuck on a part and I'm getting a little p*ssed off, then I'll put in an 'all weapons' cheat and open up a can o whoop-a$$...But other than that, I really never do.

lukeiamyourdad
09-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Well kids, cheating in an SP game won't get you any hatred from the community.
Now now, who are the five persons who said they didn't cheat ever?

fresnosmokey02
09-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't know how many times I have played these two games. I like variety, so sometimes I cheat and sometimes I don't. I use and make mods. I use the savegame editor sometimes. It doesn't matter, I play all ways. It just depends on if I am making a mod, if I just want to be a bada$$, if I want a quick game, any number of things. The reason I love these games so much is how highly tweakable they are, I mean, besides being in the Star Wars universe.

RedHawke
09-06-2005, 03:49 AM
I never cheat on the first time through...
Same Here! With TSL the second through sixth times through as well... XBox has no cheats! :p

Analia
09-06-2005, 04:50 AM
Cheating in rpg games not for modding purposes is wrong so I never cheat in either of the Kotors but cheating in games like JA is okay, I spawn swoops all the time lol.

Smilodon
09-06-2005, 06:51 AM
I only cheated via KSE in TSL cause I really hated the random loot. But only until I got the first of these full item creation mods ;)

And maybe I cheated in Pazaak because I was winning all the time, thanks to save and reload :D

THE MANDALORE
09-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Unless there are cheats for Xbox that I don't know about, I don't cheat.

Ztalker
09-07-2005, 11:00 AM
I never cheat.
In my opininion, if you can't get past a certain point, you are doing something wrong. The makes had a test team, and if THEY can get past it, (in my opinion) I can too.

Off Course, some games are MADE to 'cheat.' Games like Unreal. Off course, not in all servers.

Darth333
09-07-2005, 11:10 AM
lol what's wrong in cheating in a single player RPG? I couldn't care less if my neighbor uses all the possible cheats when he plays. The only important thing is that the person playing the game has fun.

And I am not going through the game 50 times just to get a chance to see a particular item or try a force power I just want to test... when I don't cheat to mod, I mostly cheat by curiosity :p

Jackel
09-07-2005, 07:07 PM
have cheated to get decent equipment in games where there is random loot and all I seem to be getting is really bad stuff.

The_Maker
09-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Only if I am testing out a mod that absolutley REQUIREs me to enter something to get the item. I think cheating is lame and takes away all the challenge -_-

REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-10-2005, 04:10 AM
Sometimes I cheat, sometimes I don't, sometimes it's useful and fun, sometimes it's lame!

Just remember, if you can cheat yourself to an advantage, you can cheat yourself to a disadventage,
maybe I have +1 strength and +40 Wisdom, then maybe I get hit in the head and have +30 constitution and -1 wisdom :D

It goes both ways, you can cheat to handicap yourself and improve your skills.

warchild75
09-10-2005, 10:20 AM

I never cheat unless i am actually pulling my hair out with frustration at not being able to get past a certain point.Who am i kidding i have very little hair being as i shave it off.ha ha :laughing:

Bastila
09-11-2005, 06:48 AM
I don't cheat bad bad bad lol, i don't cheat because i have it on Xbox lol.

REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-13-2005, 02:30 AM
@Bastila, then you should get it for PC, then you can cheat and mod:D
I played hundreds of hours on X before buying the PC version, it really opened it up:)

fresnosmokey02
09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I'll tell you what, after playing games on PC and learning to mod and stuff, I sure as heck won't ever play game consoles anymore. Consoles limit the game too much and I love mods, both making them and using others' mods. If I can't get a game for PC, I don't need to play it.

T7nowhere
09-13-2005, 01:12 PM
When I play the game to play the game I don't cheat, But when I play to test mods I cheat all the time. It would take to long not to cheat while making mods.

Fuu
09-15-2005, 01:04 AM
@Bastila, then you should get it for PC, then you can cheat and mod:D
I played hundreds of hours on X before buying the PC version, it really opened it up:)

Me too. My BF hated me because I took over the tv and his xbox for like 2 months...then I got it on pc...haha he wont let me buy xbox games anymore....haha he just says "buy it for the computer" I'm so addicted.

Anyhoo I try not to cheat on new games until I've played both genders ( or in some cases multiple races) at least once. If I've made something I might cheat to test, but I dont usually cheat to gain stat bonuses.

F

MaceWindex
09-15-2005, 12:11 PM
....if you are DS?

The Doctor
09-17-2005, 03:58 PM
I always play through both allignments once without cheats or mods as both genders, then go into go through with cheats, then use cheats AND mods.

Vibro
09-17-2005, 04:19 PM

I have only ever used cheats a few times. I don't like to though, takes the point of the game away IMO.

BumpoTheHutt
10-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't cheat the first time, or the second, or the third. Actually I just don't cheat, I makes me feel kinda cheap. If I want to do something differently in the game the second time around, I just download a mod.

Does anyone else find Mira Dona's avatar extremely intriguing? ;)

Sorry... don't answer that. Don't wanna hijack.

kdsphantom
10-05-2005, 01:10 PM
as a new comer to even knowing about these mods and downloading them i didnt even know about the cheat console until about 3 weeks ago, but if i did know about it well i sure would have used it in TSL, heh the mods do the work for me now thou thanks to all the great modders, in KOTOR i dont see really any need to cheat i guess maybe cept for the cheatin paazak players but thanks to unlimited stakes mod took care o them heh, but in TSL use the mind control influence mask cheat item that thing is great ) dont have to do the dialog trees anymore ( after the 10th time plus playing through) and the component and chemical things just to get a bunch early on again just a ttime saver so i dont have to watch what i have in inventory, can build what i want and move on. i dunno my 2 cents and mmm dont cha love bumbo da hutts pic )

Kensai
10-06-2005, 05:19 AM
First time as LS and DS, but cheats galore after that.

SW1
10-07-2005, 07:30 PM
i cheated to start the game with a lightsaber. which is essentially an invincibility cheat, since once you get your saber (and master speed) no one can even touch you...

j3di_sean
10-08-2005, 12:58 PM
I use cheats only after I have played the game normally several times. After that, I use cheats to experiment around and for fun...

Hallucination
10-08-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't cheat in KOTOR, mainly because I can't (bloody Xbox). But in other games I cheat so much my friends don't trust me while playing Go Fish....
Off Topic: Do you guys here think of seeing everything in an RTS is cheating? I don't.

RedHawke
10-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Off Topic: Do you guys here think of seeing everything in an RTS is cheating? I don't.
In an RTS the 'reveal everything' cheat in single player mode is certainly not cheating, but if you are playing multi player it is cheating.

Anything, other than your own skills, that gives you an advantage over the other players is a cheat. Just FYI. ;)

T7nowhere
10-09-2005, 05:46 AM

If your playing MP and your the only player that can see the whole map then yes of course thats cheating.

Hallucination
10-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Well, I meant campaign, in MP it's definitely cheating. Besides, all good games don't let you cheat online.

Shem
10-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I've always played both KOTOR and TSL on XBOX first since they have came out for XBOX first. So I didn't cheat the first time through the games.

However once I have gotten it for PC, I have played with the cheats. The thing I cheat the most with is "turbo". Once you start using turbo, it's hard not to want to use it. It just speeds up going through the game and I'm sure there are others who feel that way. I especially love using it going through long maps.

Another cheat I love to use is warping. An example of that would be doing the moisture vaporator mission for the Tusken Raiders. It just speeds it up.

With that kind of cheating, I have completed KOTOR in less than eight hours, and that is including doing every side quest.

StaffSaberist
10-18-2005, 12:26 AM
SwKotor is too easy a game to cheat on. Let's face it, the game is easy! I steamrolled them on my first time through the game, no small feat for a n00b. Heck, on SwKotor 1, I beat the Star Forge level no prob.

Feenix
10-18-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm not gonna lie.. I'm a cheatin mother.. if there's cheats.. by God.. i'll find them, use them, and abuse the hell out of the bad guys in the game.. I cheat so much I even had infinite lives on Pac-Man!!

Feenix

StaffSaberist
10-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Perhaps we should have another poll: How long did it take you to find out you could cheat? :lol:

JamieKirby
08-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Its pretty hard not to cheat on a game where the loot is so random that you might play through the whole game and not loot a single robe. lol

So, all i do is just cheat to get Jedi Master Robes and basic Lightsabers.....if only i could find that 'Full Item Creation Mod' that was on PCGM.....i wouldn't need to cheat at all.

scoutclass
08-08-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't cheat unless i'm trying to get past a point or if I'm testing for codes than work to give to my friends

Pho3nix
08-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Hell yes :D but not in KotoR.
I never would have beaten Doom without IDDQD and IDKFA.

MachineCult
08-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I pretty much cheat on all games. Hell, I bought it i'll play it how I want, I don't enjoy having to replay one level over and over again because I keep getting killed, where does that get fun?

Some games don't need cheats though, when I got Call of Duty 2 I thought it would be Medal of Honour style solid, so I found the cheats and played it a good way into it before getting killed, turns out I had entered the cheats completely wrong and I never had God mode, so when I play that I never cheat because theres no need, but IMO KotOR is too difficult in places.

Feagildin
08-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I dont' really cheat in RPG's, though TSL is the first one I've played with random drop that never gives me items I want to use with that character, so I may change this. lol

lukeiamyourdad
08-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Hell yes :D but not in KotoR.
I never would have beaten Doom without IDDQD and IDKFA.

Oh yeah. The controls were pretty clumsy and dodging shots or firing under cover was pretty challenging.

Well, that and putting it into Ultraviolence mode, allowing monster respawn and simply mowing down as many enemies as you could was bloody fun.

Master Urza
08-09-2006, 03:50 AM
~ snip ~

In KOTOR, i've cheated consecutively 10304 times. 10303 of those times simply to see how manny times I COULD do it.

But now, I have chagned my ways. Whever I play KOTOR, I never cheat, never once. I "Save Game Edit" ;) That way theres no big ugly yellow letters on my save game files.

Dude... cut out the nonsense 'pre-ambles' before your posts. ~ ChAiNz.2da

The_Catto
08-09-2006, 06:19 AM
i dont cheat that much, i sued to but ive gotten over it ... now im just into playing with mods and stuff, then i delete them and play the game normally when im done :D

RC-1162
08-09-2006, 06:25 AM
~ snip ~

you might want to KEEP IT DOWN with all that s**t.

OT:
yeah, i cheat. but it's usually to see what certain cheats do, like i tested the invulnerability cheat. it took the whole fun out of the game, so i rempved it. warping screwed my savegame once and i'm too scared to try it again. i usually cheat to get mod items that either arent scripted into the game, or which i can't wait to get :D

Taken care of ;) ~ ChAiNz.2da

Mace MacLeod
08-09-2006, 07:45 AM
I never bothered cheating in either KotOR game. Generally, I won't use cheat codes unless I'm utterly, hopelessly stuck somewhere and my family is becoming concerned that I'm about to put my fist through the monitor. I'm totally clueless about computer code and modding, so I don't need to cheat for that. KotOR took careful planning in a few places to get through, but TSL was such a romp that I never got close to the point of cheating.

Although to be fair, I finally found a copy of GTA: San Andreas on PC a few days ago, and I'm perilously close to googling a skip-level cheat. These flying missions are driving me nuts.

mimartin
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
... XBox has no cheats! :p

Yes, but TSL has a few glitches on the Xbox version that can certainly be used to your advantage.

I did not cheat or use a walkthrough on the first few time through on either game, but did once I purchased the PC versions. I mainly use cheats in TSL to make some of the NPC not as useless.

I also use the cheats sometimes to get items created by the great modders of this community. Thank you all for making me even more of a cheater. :)

Allronix
08-10-2006, 02:52 PM
My copy boasts...oh, about half the mods ever made for the game. On some of those, you need to use the warp cheat to get into the nifty little mods.

I also use KSE to modify my character into what I picture Revan as. Female, Smuggler body, none of the scoundrel assets or armor proficiency or blaster feats, but with first-level melee feats and Master Empathy.

MrVorlon
08-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Don't cheat until I've run through the game so many times I need something new to check out.

Vaelastraz
08-12-2006, 08:08 AM
I have a huge problem with cheats. If I ever find one out, I will never be able to play the game without. That's kinda sad.

So what I do is, if I get a new game, I don't look up walk throughs and cheats because I know, once i Know certain things I WILL use them.

Strange, because usually the harder the game the better. I want a challenge.

RC-1162
08-13-2006, 08:58 AM
the only permanent cheats i use in KotOR is to set my constitution, wisdom and charisma to 99 to i can have a high vitality and FP. i mean, malak is lvl20 and he has some 1700+ VP, so why cant i? :xp:

Totenkopf
08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Didn't actually use cheats most of way thru first KOTOR b/c didn't know how to change file (figured it out later). Having said that, never liked slow speed of running (though speed cheat often can have you running into walls and such on PC). I suppose that those who are opposed to cheat codes never utilized any of the many walkthroughs out there. Also notice that with the many mods out there you virtually don't need to use a god mode in KOTOR b/c all the extras people have made seem to render you godlike w/o any code. Mostly I'll cheat b/c there are ONLY sooo many hours in a day and I can't afford to spend tons of time in front of a game, no matter how enjoyable. What I'd like to know is, though, if anyone figured out where to find all the dialogue options for these games. I've played KOTOR 1 & 2 multiple times and know that I still haven't exhausted all the possibilities. Finally, thanks to Darth333 and the EZSwoop cheat. Never could've gotten Nico quest finished w/o it (or Manaan either for that matter).

StaffSaberist
08-15-2006, 05:37 PM
OK, that's the one time I do need to cheat. I can't count the number of times I came within seconds of a record, only to have Motta call you a loser.

Makes me wonder how I even beat Taris swoop racing... that was easy.

Totenkopf
08-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Taris wasn't so hard b/c you had to beat a ridiculously high time. In effect, you were really racing yourself. Post a slow time to handicap your opponent and then dust him/her in second round. Had the time to beat been around 23- , I think it would have been MUCH harder (though the Taris track would have ended up in the EZSwoop cheat, no doubt).

PoiuyWired
08-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, I cheat a bit, and its not the problem of easy/hard, just to speed up the games.

1) EZswoop, I play an rpg, not a racing game, though once in a while its still fun.

2) KSE, to get jedi point and speed early. Tired of running slowly thru the areas. But I moved on to use the warp wristband instead.

3) Save/Load for Pazzak, not a cheat, but I do it.

Other than that, no cheat.

Loderian
09-29-2006, 07:05 PM
its hard to think that people dont cheat until they've beat the game 2-3 times through. Thats almost, almost like saying you dont use the weapon cheats in GTA so you can go to town and become unstoppable almost, until they bring out the tanks and swat.

RaV™
09-29-2006, 09:36 PM
I use KSE after beating the game numberous times. I love it, but I screwed up once when I accidentally made Mira too hard to defeat when fighting her with Hanharr.

Rabish Bini
09-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Never on the first.But second or after, go nuts.

Lettuce
09-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I voted sometimes because the "Yes" option makes it seem like I do it all the time.

I own both KOTORs for X-box so I cant really use cheats but I can use glitches and that makes for some intresting playthroughs.

MetalMark
09-30-2006, 10:30 AM
On K1 and K2 I played the game multiple times as DS and LS male and DS and LS female before cheating.

CSI
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I cheat when it got too difficult to pass.

PoiuyWired
09-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, unless the game is hard, there is not much incentive to cheat in the first playthru, unless there is a really really fun cheat somewhere, think saberrealisticcombat. I see those as features though.

Davinq
09-30-2006, 10:49 PM
I have the strangest glitch in my K1 game in that once I leave Anchorhead on Tatooine, my cheat console shuts off completely for the rest of the game. So yeah, only sometimes, aka halfway through.

Lord Foley
10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
KotOR is the only game that I swear I will never taint with cheat codes. The game is simply too awesome without them.