View Full Version : KotOR III Minigames

09-06-2005, 11:06 PM
I came up with the idea of Dejarik in Knights of the Old Republic a while ago, and I was bummed to see it not in Kotor2. Now just recently I thought of it again for Kotor III as well as some other possibilities for minigames within the third installment.

Dejarik - The game Threepio plays with Chewie in ANH aboard the Falcon -- similiar to chess.
Sabacc - Han Solo and Lando Calrissian's favorite card game -- similiar to Pazaak.
Politics - Rise through the governmental ranks of your favorite KotOR III planet.
Target Practice - Enter first-person mode and shoot katarns, cannoks, gizka, womp rats, or flying duckbats.
Dueling Ring - just one thing I think should return to KotOR; I heavily missed it in the second.

^^ Now come up with your own, or discuss mine, or discuss whether or not you wish Swoop Racing and Turret Gunning to return to KotOR III.

09-09-2005, 09:48 AM
-Pod-racing? Sounds Cliche, but would be cool
-Create your OWN CUSTOM robes (with Leather vest, long robe, etc.)
-Make own fighterstyle - Just like the TOny Hawk trick maker: link parts together
-Khoonda Situations, but then on bigger scale
-Make own lightsaber-hilt (silver,black etc.)

Wouldn't that be nice?

09-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Politics - Rise through the governmental ranks of your favorite KotOR III planet.But a Jedi of that era would need to stay out of the politics of a planet...

09-09-2005, 10:51 AM
How about fighter races? Pod racing would be too much like swoop racing. And I wouldn't mind learning how to play sabaac. Pazaak was interesting and fun, but I'd like something new.

09-09-2005, 12:35 PM
I've been saying it since the beginning Of K2 Talks... Get rid of Pazzack and replace it with Sabback

09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
I think trying to make a target range mini game for K3 would be an utter flop :whacked:
Its an RPG, not an FPS. FPS+SWRPG = :hang1:

Anyhow, I agree with everything Ztalker said and that part about dueling, in K2 you (if you are/were a male character) you could duel the handmaiden every 5 or 6 lvl ups but that was about it <_<

It might also be interesting to be able to modify your ship (possibly Ebon Hawk) but I was kinda bored with the fact that I was on a smugglers ship but I barely got to use all the stuff a smuggler would use... 1 or 2 turrret battles, and thats it. Not cloaking feilds, no escape pods, no seceret storage compartments (with the exception of the little thing with that guy on nar Shadda)... zip.

09-10-2005, 08:37 AM
I'l explain my point a bit more, since i had to train soccer the other time >_< (cool though)

-Pod Racing is a faster racing game then swoop-racing, and it has an even bigger illegal circuit surrounding it. ANs off course, it would be a excuse to go and kill some Hutt if you are Darksided, or if you are lightsided to infiltrate it.
-Creating your own custom robes: Viasa had her own, Kreai had her own, in the movies every robes was different. And i'd like to see the Leather vest over the Tunic, like Ki-Al Mundi and Anakin have. It makes a Guardian cooler, i'd say. Of course this means you can put the hood down too, and remove the cape, etc.
I think messing with colours would be cool, and together with a better character custimisation interface, it can really be YOU.
-Make your own fighterstyle: I thought of this idea: Once so often you get a style point (like in Guild Wars) Then you go to a trainer in the Academy, and you can add a new part of your style. Every little part has a little boost or downside. I think it would ROCK!
-Khoonda Situation: Just saw Attack of the Clones to much....point taken :D
-Make own lightsaber hilts: I just LOVED the USM, and think it should be build in the actual game, but more like a edit-option when creating it.