PDA

View Full Version : questions about kotor tool

Black_Eye_90
09-09-2005, 09:07 PM
hello I recently got started modding for kotor.....and I've gone through a bunch of tutorials on how to start...but there are a couple things i need help with

1. when I launch the kotor tool it says you kotor II chitin key appears to be corrupt or a non - us version........( i have a canadian version ) I remember this being mentioned somewhere its a bug you have to fix or something.......but I can't find the thread that said it

could someone please help me with this?

2. when I open the .dlg editor it says it cannot find the path to my .tlk
but I've checked it and I know its correct........

3. someone told me to open existing conversations ( that are ingame ) and to view them in the .dlg editor I need to " extract them with the kotor tool and view them in the .dlg editor"

how do I do that? what are the files I would extract to view a conversation with master zek - kai - ell? and how would I extract them? and then how would I open said file in the .dlg editor?

lol sorry to bother everyone with the noobish questions but hey.............everyone was new at some point......

Keiko
09-09-2005, 09:21 PM
lol sorry to bother everyone with the noobish questions but hey.............everyone was new at some point...... Exacly.

Well I can help you out on the dlg help but... Thats all sorry :(

Well you need to download Tk102's Dlg editor, I cant post link right now as I have to go, ill give you more info soon, I promise

Sorry :(

-Smallz

Darth333
09-09-2005, 09:49 PM
1. when I launch the kotor tool it says you kotor II chitin key appears to be corrupt or a non - us version........( i have a canadian version ) I remember this being mentioned somewhere its a bug you have to fix or something.......but I can't find the thread that said it
That error has no consequences but I strongly suggest that you download the latest version of Kotor tool: fred just released a new one a few hours ago and that error no longer appears. Anyways, the Canadian version is the same as the US version....and there is no French Canadian version of Kotor...only a French version from France that is not being sold in Québec...

2. when I open the .dlg editor it says it cannot find the path to my .tlk
but I've checked it and I know its correct........p this is weird but if you intend to edit .dlg files for Kotor 2, you will need tk102's dlgeditor available here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Kotor tool does not support a number of fields in the Kotor 2 .dlg files and will corrupt them when you same them. So extract the .dlg file either with findrefs or Kotor tool (do not open them and save them: simply extract them) and edit them with dlgeditor.

3. someone told me to open existing conversations ( that are ingame ) and to view them in the .dlg editor I need to " extract them with the kotor tool and view them in the .dlg editor" see above :D

how do I do that? what are the files I would extract to view a conversation with master zek - kai - ell? and how would I extract them? and then how would I open said file in the .dlg editor?
The .dlg files in TSL are located in ERF>Modules

You can lokk at the RIMs>Modules to get a the location corresponding to the modules or download this list of modules from our website: http://www.starwarsknights.com/k2modules.txt

Example: the dock sNar Shadaa correspond to the 303NAR module. So the corresponding .dlg file for Zez is in ERFs>Modules>303NAR_dlg.erf (it's zezkaiel.dlg)

lol sorry to bother everyone with the noobish questions but hey.............everyone was new at some point......no problem. This is what the forums are for :)