PDA

View Full Version : MacLeodCorp [W.I.P.] Ultra New!

The Source
09-09-2005, 11:55 PM
MacLeodCorp [W.I.P.] Ultra New!
=============================
http://www.pcgamemods.com/user/5535.html
Welcome to MacLeodCorp's 'Work in Progress' thread.

At the moment, there is nothing new to report!!!

TheOssusKeeper
09-10-2005, 12:03 AM
wow, the new DAP II sounds really cool, can't wait, keep up the good work... :)

The Source
09-11-2005, 12:13 PM
The Dark Apprentice II
In search of your feedback! DAP II

At the moment, I am adding two new merchants. Now, one of these stores will contain rare items, which are the hardest to come by. Within the other store, I will add things such as med packs, parts, etc... Here is where you can come in: While going through the game, there are items that are essential. If you know of any items, which you believe are important, please let me know.

TheOssusKeeper
09-11-2005, 12:32 PM
how about certain plot items, say like the hk-47 parts, so you could have him in your party much sooner?

The Source
09-11-2005, 01:54 PM
how about certain plot items, say like the hk-47 parts, so you could have him in your party much sooner?

Yeah! Thats a cool idea!

Plot items that don't affect the main game play, but will be available earlier.. Nice idea!

Dark_lord_Cheez
09-11-2005, 02:51 PM
how about lightsabers?

oohh and some of those really rare character items (like Jolee robes and such)

Slipstreme
09-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Clone Wars Battle Armor that don't need a 2.da and actually work

The Source
09-11-2005, 05:57 PM
oohh and some of those really rare character items (like Jolee robes and such)

I allready did that! :) Way ahead of you.. hehehe

The Source
09-11-2005, 06:05 PM

Clone Wars Battle Armor belongs to another modder. I allready have three other robes and lightsabders, which were created by T7nowhere, Commas, and Darth Moeller. I have also created one new robe set and a new armour set. I will be adding the Bastilla Clothes. On top of all that, I have created special clothes for a KotOR I NPC. However, the NPC from KotOR I was never a playable character. The clothes I made for the new Jedi Master are available to also wear. If you add all that up, you will get a lot of items.

(See above for a revamped list of items.)

RedHawke
09-12-2005, 12:23 AM
:eyeraise: Do you realise Slipstreme just how rude this post sounds?

JediKnight707
09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
I don't think that was what he intended to mean, maybe he meant something along the lines of "All of those other great and fantastic mods by those great modders don't work on my computer, so I was wondering if you could make one that does :D" but hell I don't know him so *shrug* who knows

TheOssusKeeper
09-12-2005, 04:21 AM
Clone Wars Battle Armor belongs to another modder. I allready have three other robes and lightsabders, which were created by T7nowhere, Commas, and Darth Moeller. I have also created one new robe set and a new armour set. I will be adding the Bastilla Clothes. On top of all that, I have created special clothes for a KotOR I NPC. However, the NPC from KotOR I was never a playable character. The clothes I made for the new Jedi Master are available to also wear. If you add all that up, you will get a lot of items.

(See above for a revamped list of items.)

Hey Mac, feel free to use any of my item mods you would like in your mod as well, the three i can think of right off hand are my detonators mod, black beam saber mod and my saber restoration mod... If you want... ;)

The Source
09-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Quick update has been made!
(See main post for details.)

As of last weekend, I was able to finish the placement of the NPC, Placeables, and Merchants. I was also able to finish the designing of the new armor and robes. At the moment, the following items need to be complete:

1. New Icons
2. All dialogue. (For DAP II)
3. Very Little Scripting
4. Testing
5. Screens
6. See below, for you can help.
7. Fixing the inventory for the merchants.

Release date is still unknown. Since I want to design the mod right, I will be taking my time to finish it. Also, homework has been a bugger!!!

Slipstreme
09-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey MLC, Long time no see

Command3r
09-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Macleod will you post info on your other projects here?

The Source
10-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Release date is now set: October 22nd...
Dark Apprentice: Gold will be released on October 22nd. Since there are technical difficulties, because of the rain, I had to reschedulle the mod's release date. However, I will not be posting the mod under the name MacLeodCorp. I will send more details as final steps are made. I thank you all for putting up with my whining, moaning, and nonscense. I have been working hard to bring something new, and I hope you will all enjoy the new mod. If you are intrested in knowing what this mod involves, please feel free to go here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1866968&postcount=1

I also have screen promotionals for the mod, which will also make their apperance upon its release.

I welcome all feedback. I also have been working on a final release date for the Telos: Billboards Set IV. When Dark Apprentice: Gold is released, I will also fill you in on the Billboards Set's release date. Because of class work, and job search, I have not been modding. I thank you all for your patience.

I have taken in all the feedback from version one, and changed the foilowing:
1. Finish the Story... hehehe
2. Reveal all Apperance.2da edits.
3. Create a more comprehensive readme.
4. Sith in one of the Khoonda rooms needs to be more noticeable.
5. Create maps, which come with the set, so people will know what changes were made.

I thank everyone for their time and patience... I also thank the creative people who made the tools necessary for modding the KotOR Series. Everyone has put a lot of time and energy in making this place fun.

MacLeodCorp

:) :) :) :) :)

CarnageIKU
10-12-2005, 11:13 PM
cool mac, ive always liked your mods, i seem to remember a black dancers outfit in one of you telos billboard mods that would be awsome to get from bastila(sorry "The Dark Apprentice"). keep up the good works, while i havent released any official mods i have made a few stuff, mostly just the renaming of files. but i wouldnt mind testing your mod once through if ya still need a tester, if so just pm the proto type and ill take a look through.

wolfshadow
10-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Is this mod going to be compatible with the USM adn Holowan Plugin?

The Source
10-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Is this mod going to be compatible with the USM and Holowan Plugin?

To be honest, I don't know if it will be compatible with Holowan. If I made the mod compatible for one mod, then someone will want me to make it compatible with another. Instead, what I did was create a small section in my readme file, which I pointed out what elements I changed in the Heads.2da and Apearance.2da. If I were to make this mod compatible with other mods, there would be so many changes. Since I like just about every mod here, I would be intended to make it compatible with all of them. So, I advertised my edits in the readme; therefore, people can make changes on their own. It was the best solution I could think of, and based upon the advice I got in the past, it was the best solution overall. T7Nowhere made a lightsaber, which is compadible with the USM. Therefore, the edits will be very minimal.

wolfshadow
10-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Okay...

Just wondered... What about an installer like what some of Chainz mods has? I'm really horrible with 2da editing, so that's why I'm asking. I think that uses one of Stoffe -mkb-'s tools.

The Source
10-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Release Update:
Since I am having problems with seeing the mods over at pcgamemods.com, I will be releasing the mod at LucasFiles. It will be a LucasFiles Exclusive mod.

wolfshadow - An installer seems pretty cool. I downloaded an installer program. I will do some testing and see what happens... Nice Idea!

The Source
10-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Quick Survey! MacLeodCorp Mods!

What mod would you like to see another version made:
The Dark Apprentice I
Telos: Billboards Sets I, II, III
The Model Mod 1.0
The 'Visas' Style Underwear Mods
The Mandalorian Proto-Type Armor

As you know, the day for the 'The Dark Apprentice: Gold' release is this weekend. How many are looking forward to the potential of this mod?
What did you like about the first version of this mod?

Suprise! Quick pics from: 'The Dark Apprentice: Gold':
http://www.freewebs.com/scipara/KOTORII/PromoI.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/scipara/KOTORII/PromoII.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/scipara/KOTORII/PromoIII.jpg

(You may need to copy and paste them into a new browser to make them work.)

(As long as your response is constructive, please let me know what is on your mind?)

kdsphantom
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
hiya MacLeodCorp
I like seeing new and different things in the game, Ala new mods. I liked your DAP, thou i cant say if i beat it finished it or what heh ). I liked how you did it, I liked how it looked I liked how it installed it gave me ideas on what can be done.

so heh if your asking ID rather see more of that, it seems adding new planets and the like is a total pain but working with areas we have in Fred's great KT. And just rehashing them isnt so bad. cant wait for the newer version of DAP and thank you again for your help in my scripting issues )
kdsphantom

The Source
10-22-2005, 03:28 PM
I will be uploading the 'Dark Apprentice: Gold' tonight or early tomorrow morning. I want to wait last second to see what is up with Pcgamemods.com before I do so. If Pcgamemods.com is not reopened by tonight, I will upload the mod at LucasFiles.com.

Thank you for your patience!
MacLeodCorp

TheOssusKeeper
10-22-2005, 03:32 PM
i would like to see another DAP... the first one was really good...

Darkkender
10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I will be uploading the 'Dark Apprentice: Gold' tonight or early tomorrow morning. I want to wait last second to see what is up with Pcgamemods.com before I do so. If Pcgamemods.com is not reopened by tonight, I will upload the mod at LucasFiles.com.

Thank you for your patience!
MacLeodCorp

I'm thinking good luck with that PCGM has been down for somedays now. I'm going to upload my NSSEditor utility to a couple of different sites so that it's handy.

The Source
10-22-2005, 03:49 PM
i would like to see another DAP... the first one was really good...

The one that I will be uploading tonight will be an extended version of the original. I added a better conlcusion and fixed many issue. In the main post, I made a small list of changes that I made.

After I get some feedback, from this upcoming version, I will think about a newer story. DAP II was assimulated into the original version.

Thanks for your kind comment! :)

Some other concepts I have been working on are tittled:

The Apprentice's Will
I have a sketchy idea about what is going to be in this one...

Night Club on Telos
This will not be a replacement, but an additional Cantina.

Before I do more work on the above, I am going to finish up Telos: Billboard Set IV...

The_Maker
10-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Very cool stuff man, looking forward to all of it :D

TheOssusKeeper
10-22-2005, 04:00 PM
The Apprentice's Will sounds like it'd cool...
I am kind's anxious to see the new billboard set too...
and the new cantina (night club) sounds interesting...

i'm not sure if someone has already mentioned or asked for this or not, but a mod (story) of some background on Kreia would be cool, before meeting her on Peragus 2... maybe incorperate some background story in there somewhere... maybe she could tell her story to the player character through-out the game... just an idea...

The Source
10-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks for your kind comment The_Maker!

F.Y.I.
I will be opening a new website in a few weeks, so people will be able to see all the mods I have available. I will be uploading the new DAP at LucasFiles.com.

TheOssusKeeper - That Kreia idea sounds pretty cool! I will have to look up her past, and use some artistic license..

TheOssusKeeper
10-22-2005, 04:14 PM
TheOssusKeeper - That Kreia idea sounds pretty cool! I will have to look up her past, and use some artistic license..

I don't think there is a lot known about her past, but you could take what we do know and fill in the blanks... it won't necessarily have to be 100% accurate, just really interesting... and you could place it in your apprentice's will mod...

The Source
10-22-2005, 04:34 PM
I don't think there is a lot known about her past, but you could take what we do know and fill in the blanks... it won't necessarily have to be 100% accurate, just really interesting... and you could place it in your apprentice's will mod...

That would be a cool idea! If I were to setup some dialogue by next Friday, would you be intrested in reading and editing it? Another set of eye will help!

TheOssusKeeper
10-22-2005, 04:38 PM
That would be a cool idea! If I were to setup some dialogue by next Friday, would you be intrested in reading and editing it? Another set of eye will help!

sure... i'd be glad to help with some dialog reading and editing and giving my 3 cents... :D

The Source
10-22-2005, 04:46 PM
sure... i'd be glad to help with some dialog reading and editing and giving my 3 cents... :D

Then it is official! While I construct the Telos: Billboards Set IV, we will work on some dialogue for 'The Apprentice's Will'... After the Telos set is done, I will start pulling together other important details..

Official Announcement: 'The Apprentice's Will'
Apprentice's Will - is going to be another sidequest mod that takes place on Peragus 2 and another location. More details will be made soon!

TheOssusKeeper
10-22-2005, 04:50 PM
sounds way cool, can't wait... :D

The Source
10-22-2005, 04:58 PM
sounds way cool, can't wait... :D

We will talk through PM!

Darth333
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Just to let you know that the Mod release posts have been moved to the Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154448) :) Check it out guys!

...And leave your feedback! yes, mod authors need your feedback: the mods are free for you to use but there is still a great deal of work behind this and getting some feedback encourages mod authors. When you use a mod, please have the decency of leaving a some feedback.This is valid for all mods and not only this one.

The Source
11-02-2005, 01:05 PM
NEW! Production News: 11.02.05

See:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1866968&postcount=1

Command3r
11-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Havent posted here in while...........

Macleod Im amazed youre still modding KOTOR glad to see your. I thought you said you would leave it for a while. Keeping modders happy.

I seemed to have drifted away from KOTOR.

EDIT: You might want to put andargor's name into that post about your mods
so it says ''By: Macleod, Command3r, and andargor.

The Source
11-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Havent posted here in while...........

Macleod Im amazed youre still modding KOTOR glad to see your. I thought you said you would leave it for a while. Keeping modders happy.

I seemed to have drifted away from KOTOR.

EDIT: You might want to put andargor's name into that post about your mods
so it says ''By: Macleod, Command3r, and andargor.

At the moment, I am working on my last two mods. For a while anyway... I walked away from modding breifly, but I keep getting sucked back in. Fred is working on making a map for the 'Entertainment' sector on Telos, and I will be finishing off the Telos: Billboard Sets with a big bang. The series that brought me into modding and LucasForums will be my way of saying thank you to everyone. After my KotOR II high is over, I will be getting into 'Empire at War'. I know it is a little ways off... I thought it would be cool to mark my absence with Telos: Billboards Set: IV..

At the moment, I am also working on 'Apprentice's Will'...

andargor
11-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Just dropping in to say hi! RL is being a pain again, so no KotOR for me. :(

Uh, what exactly did I contribute to? ;)

Andargor

Command3r
11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
You allowed us to use your screenshots.

andargor
11-17-2005, 03:06 PM
You allowed us to use your screenshots.

Ah! Ok, must have been a while back. :)

Always a pleasure. :D

Andargor

The Source
12-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Update: MacLeodCorp is Back!!
I thank everyone for their patience. Tonight, I will be looking through all the feedback, which I have missed for the past four weeks. During the remainder of the week, I will be fixing some of my mods, and I have plans on a surprise release. I am also contructing a website, which will have a library of my KotOR II mods.

Before I start, if you have any requests, please let me know as soon as possible... Tweaks, completions, etc... Let me hear it...