PDA

View Full Version : can you drive capital ships?

Blackrider27
09-12-2005, 09:04 PM
does anybody know if you can drive capital ships like a rebel blockade runner or the invisibil hand. i think it would be cool to land in the hanger in the blockade runner then man the turrents or drive it with small laser cannons on the front :twogun: :blast5:

DarthMuffin
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
You can't drive capital ships.

And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they don't even move.

I think that you can man the turrets though.

Blackrider27
09-13-2005, 04:49 PM
i think they move. You know what would be cool if the battle on the blockade runner was just a coincidence and there taking screenshots from the battle of endor from inside the bockade runner

MachineCult
09-13-2005, 05:56 PM
They don't move man. They're solid brush. You can man the turbolasers and walk around inside the capital ships. The Tantive IV is not a capital ship though, and there wouldn't be any way of getting into a blockade runner from outer space.

ParanoidAndroid
09-13-2005, 06:37 PM
They might have pre determined flight paths on certain maps, I think I read somewhere that they do... but even if they do move theres no way that you can control them.

DarthMuffin
09-13-2005, 06:56 PM
You can man the turbolasers and walk around inside the capital ships.

Is this official? I mean, is it available in multiplay and instant battles? Not just in the campaign?

They might have pre determined flight paths on certain maps, I think I read somewhere that they do... but even if they do move theres no way that you can control them.

The official trailer shows moving capital ships. However, that's most likely a cinematic.

And I think the people at LA/Pandemic are too lazy to add pre-defined paths. Anyway, I -think- I read somewhere that they definitely don't move.

MachineCult
09-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Is this official? I mean, is it available in multiplay and instant battles? Not just in the campaign?

I've seen more than one stage demo for the game and i can tell you that there are a lot more than just a hangar on the capital ships, (i've seen a Mon Calamari ship with a hangar on both sides) for all kinds of play.

And I think the people at LA/Pandemic are too lazy to add pre-defined paths. Anyway, I -think- I read somewhere that they definitely don't move.

From the Demos i can tell you for sure that the large capital ships do not move.
Neither do Blockade Runners or the small Imperial Cruisers.

zerted
09-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Simple physics: Force = Mass x Acceleration, where Force != :lightning. If they don't move, well make'm move :vsd: :whip1:.

...well maybe not, but that won't stop us from trying.

McCusto
09-14-2005, 12:25 AM
What they said

HordaK
09-15-2005, 05:26 AM
Well u cant control the capitals, but i enjoy the Feature ,that u can watch the battles from the bridge window, more than the Mass Teamkill count by running over any Tie Fighter with a Stardestroyer cause the Ties are just not been seen by myself

Redtech
09-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Yeah, very food point actually. Heck, n00b piloting is bad enough already!

Sithkiller438
04-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Can you blow up capital ships and if so how?

Darth Andrew
04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
You can only destroy a capital ship's systems, and not the ship itself. :(

TSR
04-03-2006, 05:47 AM
maybe a mod could change that....

zerted
04-03-2006, 09:28 PM
a mod can change that.

TSR
04-04-2006, 06:17 AM
:).