PDA

View Full Version : More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kookaburra
09-26-2005, 11:12 AM
NEWS ALERT!!

ANOTHER KOTOR RUMOUR/HOPE LURKING ON IGN

POSTED 26th September 2005 (AEST)

Hello Ladies and Gents

Guess what I found while browsing the obisidian fourms?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mailbag 08.30.05

Nothing more than the greatest bundle of all time.

Hoping

Q.I see that Bioware is recruiting for some new games, which really kinda bums me out. I was hoping for a Knights of the Old Republic 3. With the power of the new Xbox, and maybe a story set in the expanded universe after the movies (like perhaps the Thrawn trilogy) they probably could have easily had the missing killer app in the launch lineup and made a fortune. Any idea if they'll ever make another one?

I believe (think) this is the answer all you KOTOR fans have been waiting for? see below for the answer by an IGN offical -Kookaburra

A.Since another mailbag junkie had recently asked that question and you have bought it up again, I just happen to have a vague but positive answer for you. I spoke with LucasArts the other day and the spokesperson said that they see the series as a franchise, an ongoing franchise, which means that yes, they certainly will make another game. But don't count on BioWare making that game. Most likely, the developer of KOTOR: The Sith Lords will hand the third one, which I am 99% sure will be on Xbox 360. Unless LucasArts decides to take the series to the Xbox next year…which I somehow doubt. I wish I knew more about next year's Xbox lineup, but nobody will say anything. My theory is that developers will make a few, non-important games on the Xbox next year, but the bulk of their money and the important franchises will head to Xbox 360.

Answered by a guy named --Douglass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found another KOTOR III possibility! well just take this one for the moment as a rumour. This linkie is at least some good news for a possible KOTOR III.(I ain't saying KOTOR III is offical-just a might)

head here to read for yourself my lovely dear friends:

Source (below) for the above possible news!

http://xbox.ign.com/mail/2005-08-30.html

I will keep a look out for more KOTOR III rumours and hopes.

another source where I foun this from :D

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=36215&st=690

but in the mean time I will keep searching any where I can for more "hopeful" KOTOR III news.

Good luck Ladies and Gents

Cheero

Kookaburra

Jeff
09-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Great news! So finally some solid confirmation that it is going to be done. Not that we all didn't know it would be done sometime anyways just because the first 2 were so good, but this is good to hear.

RedHawke
09-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Unfortunately most of us who were here for the K2 rumors and stuff have heard things like this before...

I'll belive it when LA announces it and puts that up on their site. ;)

Prime
09-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Who is this Douglass dude anyway? So if what he is saying is true we are likely looking at 2007 at the earliest

fresnosmokey02
09-27-2005, 10:24 AM
News and rumors keep me hopeful. But like the man said, I'll believe it when I see an actual announcement. I expect that the first actal hard confirmation of the game will be at an E3 show within the next two years. If we don't see it by E3 2007 I expect it will never be made.

Drinking Sith
09-27-2005, 11:43 AM
This is great news but still i agree with you all I will only Totoally belive in it if it is gonna be a actual announcement from the developers of kotor2

chaleur
09-27-2005, 03:56 PM
But like the man said, I'll believe it when I see an actual announcement.

That is wise, given the way projects are wont to get canned in the games industry. Though even an E3 announcement is not a 100% guarantee of anything.

FunSolo
10-01-2005, 10:31 AM
i dont believe that they come up wit a kotor3 in 2006. its more possible in 2007 or later. cause they'll prolly use the new engine of neverwinter nights 2. if they still keep the old engine they piss off too many ppl just for the fact that its not uptodate.
but no matter when it comes out, i hope they will get more time for it, cause i dont wanna see that much cut content anymore or a buggy one. otherwise this gameseries is dead like the star trek games.

The Doctor
10-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I heard rumours that it wouldn't com out until 2009, but I could be wrong...

FunSolo
10-01-2005, 11:30 AM
i think we all hope you'r wrong bout this :D

SITHSLAYER133
10-03-2005, 09:51 AM
i say let em work on it till its good not rushed

RedHawke
10-04-2005, 01:09 AM
I can only answer this post with a movie quote...

"Words of wisdom Lloyd, words of wisdom!" - Jack Torrance (The Shining)

:D

Kain
10-04-2005, 02:19 AM

If only the companies worked like that...greedy bastards.

stingerhs
10-04-2005, 02:47 AM
well, i think this was more of a 'Burning Questions' type thing like they have on Gamespot. basically, its were one of the editors of the site comments and responds to questions that other users have about one particular subject or the other.

in this case, what i've just read sounds to me like it was just speculation to hopefully appease the person that asked the question. *shrugs*

Prime
10-04-2005, 09:41 AM
The guy doesn't even know what platform it would be on. He is just as in the dark as everyone else.

j3di_sean
10-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure if someone posted this yet... but here is some news on the possibility of KOTOR3. Only time will tell whether it is true and I seriously do hope it is...

http://www.fi-sci.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=318&Itemid=44

Auark Streck
10-08-2005, 07:31 PM
i sure hope it comes out soon.

The_Maker
10-08-2005, 10:40 PM
The link sean posted sounds kinda iffy... 14 f*****g years after K2? o_0
Thats 19 years after K1... can you imagion how OLD Revan, and Bastila, and Carth and the whole original party would be?

Dang Old >.<

And using the Jade Empire system doesn't sound like LucasArts either, I mean sure people like it but if this thing is coming to the newer generation systems do they REALLY expect us to still like the older game engines?

I dunno, sounds like a bunch of bull to me =/

And if it WAS "under development for months now" wouldn't the website for LucasArts have at least SOME sort of "heads up" or "new game" alert?
Sounds fake to me :sign2:

IndianaSolo
10-09-2005, 12:48 AM
So basically it's a rehash of what we've heard countless times. Nothing concrete, and nothing really new.

It's not really rocket science, and it doesn't take an "insider" to know that another KOTOR game will be made. Lucasarts has said as much everytime they've been asked about it. So I'm not really sure how this is any different than the countless other threads about KOTOR speculation/rumor/innuendo.

Lightsider
10-09-2005, 01:32 AM
Hey, Obsidian has been working on an as yet untitled rpg for the past year, which in turn say it will be released by early 2006 or just after launch of the 360, cant remember or find the page I printed off but this is good news!! It lists it on the releases for the 360 on IGN. My fingers are crossed on this one!!

TheExileReturns
10-09-2005, 09:37 AM
I've seen the 2006 lineup for Xbox 360 (Electronic Gaming Monthly issue Nov 2005) and it does not include any Star Wars titles (other than Mercenaries 2, which is a lucas arts game.) My guess is they will make the Kotor III game on the current Xbox system and probably do not consider this game to be a major release. That might be a good thing because they won't be in a big hurry to release it like they did with Kotor II. So I'm guessing Dec '06.

SpaceAlex
10-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I just hope they don't forget about PC. Considering how few games i play, it would be a waste to buy a console as i would't be using it very often. And besides, games on a console are difficult to modify.

IndianaSolo
10-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey, Obsidian has been working on an as yet untitled rpg for the past year, which in turn say it will be released by early 2006 or just after launch of the 360, cant remember or find the page I printed off but this is good news!! It lists it on the releases for the 360 on IGN. My fingers are crossed on this one!!

It's been said countless times by Obsidian that their unnamed project (Project New Jersey) is "not a sequel". K3 would in fact be considered a sequel. Thus, unless Obsidian is lying or stretching the truth, PNJ is not K3.

j3di_sean
10-10-2005, 03:13 AM
If you were the developers... would you consider making kotor3 or forget about it and work on entirely new games? Just asking...

Maybe with this ... we can guess whether kotor3 will be in the making or not...

TheExileReturns
10-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't think Obsidian is working on this game (Kotor III) because if it was in development they would be saying something about it on their website. all we have right now is some suit working for Lucas Arts saying "We consider Kotor to be a franchise." That vague statement says to me that they will make a sequel eventually, but they have nothing concrete right now. Hopefully, the collective won't be working on this game because the Revenge of the Sith game really blew big chunks.

Ztalker
10-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Myself, i think there are 2 options:

Obsidian or Bioware

Since Obsidian already showed loyalty to quikly make a game (It doens't matter if it's a f*ck-up to Lucasarts) and they know the engine. They are the ones with the biggest chance.

The ideal Kotor 3 would be made by Bioware. But Lucasarts needs a developer that they can put pressure on, and that they can blame for a bad game.Bioware doens't like to be pushed around, and does what it likes. That's what makes their games so good.So they won't make K3.

Sorry for the cynism, but since trials of obi-Wan (with Hk-47 ffs!) and kotor 2, i've lost al faith in Lucasarts.

Shem
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I spoke with LucasArts the other day and the spokesperson said that they see the series as a franchise, an ongoing franchise, which means that yes, they certainly will make another game. But don't count on BioWare making that game.

I've read that a long time ago about KOTOR being a frachise. The thing is a storyline has to be developed first and approved before KOTOR III comes out.

Lightsider
10-13-2005, 03:57 AM
It's been said countless times by Obsidian that their unnamed project (Project New Jersey) is "not a sequel". K3 would in fact be considered a sequel. Thus, unless Obsidian is lying or stretching the truth, PNJ is not K3.
Well, I was thinking that they might be trying to mislead since kotor has been a pretty good money making series, and a new tittle would leave alot to chance. Also these developers are really secretive about what they are working on and seem to thrive on keeping us in missery while we wait. it's almost like a drug that they dangle in our faces, the rats.

IndianaSolo
10-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, I was thinking that they might be trying to mislead since kotor has been a pretty good money making series, and a new tittle would leave alot to chance. Also these developers are really secretive about what they are working on and seem to thrive on keeping us in missery while we wait. it's almost like a drug that they dangle in our faces, the rats.

Yeah, but they wouldn't have stated in no uncertain terms that it is NOT a sequel. All they had to do was just saying nothing. Keep quiet. But they chose to actually comment on the fact their next game is not a sequel.

joshua05
10-13-2005, 05:09 PM

Well said!!

I was truly upset about KOTOR 2 being rushed...because of all the bugs and glitches.

I say the longer it takes for them to work on it...the less bugs and glitches there will be (hopefully!)...

But...I agree with you 100%. ALTHOUGH, it WOULD stink if it came out in 2009. 2007 is a LITTLE more bareable than 2009..but...that would mean I'd have to get the next-gen XBOX console. And the way I figure is... I already have the original XBOX (that cost over $100 --less than $200), why should I have to use another almost $200 to buy ANOTHER Xbox.

^ The only good thing is..the next-gen XBOX will be able to play games from the ORIGINAL Xbox! (that means...the games I have NOW..won't go to waste! -----Although...I'd have to start all my games over from scratch...UNLESS Microsoft® develops a way to transfer game information and soundtracks on your XBOX hardrive over to the hardrive for the Xbox360 <--that would be a REALLY.NICE.FEATURE (anyone agree with me??).).

That's my $0.02

Joshua

kookaburra
10-25-2005, 08:37 AM
[NEW] More KOTOR III Speculation (UPDATED 25TH OCTOBER)

Hello here is more KOTOR III speculation I got from some who posted this on gamespot.

KOTOR 3 is confirmed

Came with an ominous - and rather high quality - 'Confidnetial' case file presented in a 'top secret dossier' kinda way

23 360 games to be fully unveiled in 2006-2007

In a somewhat alphabetical order

Avalon
BC
'Secret Bioware Game' (most likely Mass Effect)
Brute Force 2
Chronicles of Riddick 2
Fable 2
GTA6
Half-Life 3
Forza Motorsport 2
Halo 3
Hitman 5
'The Man With no Name' game (Clint Eastwood)
Jade Empire 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Outrun : Coast 2 Coast
Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Rallisport Challange 3
The Sims 3
Splinter Cell 5
Star Wars : KOTOR III
Turok Next
Unreal Tournament 2007
WWE Wrestlemania 360

source: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=SWBFU

Prime
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Interesting...

The_Maker
10-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Hmmmm...
I still dont believe it, if it becomes official then I will agree that its real but until then I think its just another hoaksy piece of inoformation

Oh how I want the news to be true =(

IndianaSolo
10-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Not to be negative, but that post was made by a user. It has (as far as I saw by browsing the link) no factual or even evidence to back it up. It's just some random person posting something.

spinkle
10-25-2005, 06:01 PM
how many of the games on that list *have* been confirmed? i don't have or want an xbox/360 so i'm not exactly up on news regarding its [potential] libaray.

Ztalker
10-26-2005, 07:25 AM
I don't wanna confirm or prove anything, but i read a very high qualified Games magazine, the Power Unlimited.

They have confirmed most of the games in the list:
-Pro Evo 6: They (PU) have tested pro evo 5, and the producer said they where making another one, to counter the improving Fifa.
-Half Life 3: We will get Aftermath. But EA bought Valve, and knowing EA...they will make a Half Life 2006/2007 and a Hl-Undergound (just kiddin)
-UT 2007: Already confirmed, and well under way
-Ninja Gaiden 2: Seen something of it...supposed to be X-Box 360 game
-Halo 3: Bungee didn't show it (yet), so it will be a X-Box 360 launchgame
-GTA 6: Rockstar licensed some names, the list was published in the Power Unlimited, there where about 6-7 of them.

This might be a little off-topic, but all i want to say is:
The list is relatively good, in my opinion.

I woudn't be surprised if K3 is made in secret, so Uncle Bill has a secret weapon if the PS3 or the Revolution would do better than the X-360.

IndianaSolo
10-26-2005, 12:57 PM
I woudn't be surprised if K3 is made in secret, so Uncle Bill has a secret weapon if the PS3 or the Revolution would do better than the X-360.

Not really sure I'd call K3 a "secret weapon". Compared to games like Halo and GTA it isn't a big seller, so it's not like it'll be that spectacular, break through title that will swing the tide in the Xbox360's favor. In terms of the video game market, I'd say Kotor is a niche game. Certainly not the kind that would warrant being kept secret to unveil at an opportune time to the public to help console sales.

Shem
10-26-2005, 01:53 PM
how many of the games on that list *have* been confirmed?

That's a good question. It can help us understand if there is any truth to it.

Vladimir-Vlada
10-27-2005, 03:07 PM
[NEW] More KOTOR III Speculation (UPDATED 25TH OCTOBER)

Hello here is more KOTOR III speculation I got from some who posted this on gamespot.

KOTOR 3 is confirmed

Came with an ominous - and rather high quality - 'Confidnetial' case file presented in a 'top secret dossier' kinda way

23 360 games to be fully unveiled in 2006-2007

In a somewhat alphabetical order

Avalon
BC
'Secret Bioware Game' (most likely Mass Effect)
Brute Force 2
Chronicles of Riddick 2
Fable 2
GTA6
Half-Life 3
Forza Motorsport 2
Halo 3
Hitman 5
'The Man With no Name' game (Clint Eastwood)
Jade Empire 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Outrun : Coast 2 Coast
Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Rallisport Challange 3
The Sims 3
Splinter Cell 5
Star Wars : KOTOR III
Turok Next
Unreal Tournament 2007
WWE Wrestlemania 360

Hmmmm... When is E3? It is most likely that there we will find out about KOTOR 3. Please let it be true!

P.S. Woot! Fable 2! :D

IndianaSolo
10-27-2005, 04:46 PM
What I find a bit hard to believe is they list K3 out in the open, but BioWare's as a "secret Bioware game" even though they've announced Mass Effect already.

The Source
10-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Old news, but it may have merit:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61720

Samurai DD
10-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Man, its almost sure there will be a KOTOR III. It just aint official yet. ;) Relax, wait for/play BF II, Empire at War, Mass Effect, Trials of Obi Wan... KOTOR III is gonna be made, thats like, 99.9 % sure. Even if its release is in 2009.

Harmor
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd agree, its just a question of who will make it and when it will be out. Both Kotor games sold a lot of copies so if just for the money, they will make it, no doubt. That list for 2006/7 seems a bit odd though ... GTA 6? The next GTA will be GTA 4 since GTA 3 (Liberty City) was also some sort of a trilogy start that found its conclusion in GTA San Andreas. So despite Vice City being "technically" GTA 4 and SA being GTA 5, that is actually not the case. Oh well, they prolly just did the number game... GTA is THE perfect example for an ongoing franchise though, which I believe Kotor will be too. I'd say we will see more than just one Kotor game in the next couple years.

kookaburra
11-15-2005, 01:38 AM
UPDATED 15TH NOVEMBER 2005

Hello I was just browsing Obsisidian and I came across this. thought you might like to read this:

More KOTOR III hints? here you go...

But while Obsidian is hard at work trying to finish up Neverwinter Nights 2 for a summer release, they're also hard at work on another unannounced project. All we have at the moment is speculation based off of some concept art of dwarves resembling those popularized by Snow White but we do know is that this new game will use Unreal Engine 3. Urquhart also mentioned their desire to do a Knights of the Old Republic 3 should LucasArts desire it in the future. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

source:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/666/666403p3.html

enjoy

-Bas

SpaceAlex
11-15-2005, 07:25 AM
I don't think the unfisihed product is KOTOR III. The guy just said that he would like to make another KOTOR, which i hope they do. I don't think that any other developer but Obsidian is suitable for this task.

Char Ell
11-15-2005, 07:21 PM
While this isn't directly related to KotOR 3 news it is related to the current state of LucasArts. I found this info on LucasArts while perusing an MSNBC article about games being released for the Xbox 360...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10033500/

Good news that LucasArts is doing better since their management shakeup. Unfortunately it only mentions something about an Indiana Jones game being released in 2007. I couldn't care less about that.

But... they have been hiring 200 developers, engineers, and animators for work on games for the new generation of consoles coming out starting with the XBox 360. Hopefully that means that KotOR 3 will be factored in there somewhere. But I'm left wondering that if they move forward with producing KotOR 3 are they going to use an outside developer like Obsidian or will they do it in-house? And if MacLeodCorp's posted link to the GameBanshee forums posting is accurate then Obsidian hasn't even been contacted about doing KotOR 3.

JediRevan
11-17-2005, 08:39 PM
When KOTOR III is made and released, I foresee that it will take place no more than ten years after KOTOR II and not less than four years after.

qaz79
11-17-2005, 09:52 PM
KOTOR 3 i think will be out in early 2007.

ilwugoalie
11-17-2005, 10:03 PM
KOTOR 3 i think will be out in early 2007.

Do you have any proof of this, or is this just a guess :sonar1

OptimalOptimus
11-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Goto google & search for KOTOR 3 .. you will find bits of news. that Lucas arts was working on it.. BUt they laid off the team who was doing the work. SO that project is Stalled.

WHAT we need to do it Star emailing Luca Arts & LEtting them KNow WE want this Game Made !

ilwugoalie
11-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Goto google & search for KOTOR 3 .. you will find bits of news. that Lucas arts was working on it.. BUt they laid off the team who was doing the work. SO that project is Stalled.

WHAT we need to do it Star emailing Luca Arts & LEtting them KNow WE want this Game Made !

So let me get this straight, they had started, and them fired the team that was developing it..... Lucas just keeps earning points in my book :firemad:

OptimalOptimus
11-17-2005, 11:14 PM
"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

I JUST FOUND THIS ... I'm gonna Check it out .

OptimalOptimus
11-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Gamedreams has posted word that another installment of Knights of the Old Republic (in fact, KOTOR 3) is already in development

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I’d expect it to be far from completion, perhaps nothing but a video!

THIS TOO

RaV™
11-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Combat style of JE? loved it!

Char Ell
11-17-2005, 11:56 PM
As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway... etc. etc.
You've run across an old rumor someone decided to start. It's been debunked in a previous forum thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1846298#post1846298
Notice how mammoth is misspelled? BioWare wouldn't make an important announcement like this thru such informal and unverifiable means.

You can also see comments made by Bioware reps who also refute this claim on Bioware's forums at http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtop...445216&forum=26

@qaz79 - Welcome to LucasForums! :waive1:

OptimalOptimus
11-18-2005, 12:57 AM
DAnget !

kookaburra
11-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Hello

Article found: 25TH November 2005 (AEST)

More KOTOR III Talk?

I hope you guys don't mind me posting more KOTOR III stuff I just can't help it . OKay I was just browsing www.teamxbox.com and it just very briefly said something about Star Wars KOTOR sequel. I'm not sure if they mean't KOTOR II or not but I think they are more likely refering to KOTOR III. But any way take a lookie for you self.

Xbox360 In Bad Need Of RPG's

We know that sometime in the future, the Xbox 360 will have RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Jade Empire sequel, Fable sequel, Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic sequel and the like. But Microsoft should not give up getting established RPG franchises and if they have to make big deals with the respective owners of them, then they should go for it!

Linkie: http://community.teamxbox.com/xbox/1369/TXB-Community-The-Need-of-RPGs-on-the-Xbox-360/p1/

I just stumbled upon this by accident. Of course I was looking for KOTOR III in the list and they did mention somethnig about a KOTOR word.

any way

Enjoy

Prime
11-25-2005, 09:58 AM
I think that comment is more refering to it being inevitable because they would be silly not to.

stingerhs
11-25-2005, 09:45 PM
^^^^
i agree. i think its quite apparant to more than just us that having a Kotor sequel on the Xbox is something even Micro$oft realizes. i'm just hoping that it won't become a 360 "exclusive".

ilwugoalie
11-25-2005, 11:00 PM
most likely it will be exclusive. You make it exclusive, you getting more people to buy the system.

I play xbox, and am going to buy the 360, but i'm not buying till KoTOR III comes out.... KOTOR was the reason I bought XBox in the first place.

RedHawke
11-26-2005, 01:17 AM
most likely it will be exclusive. You make it exclusive, you getting more people to buy the system.
Sorry, but I disagree. It is true that console games sell more, but it is also true that in a business, you move as much of your product as you can, because this means more $$$ for your company.

Bob Lion54
11-26-2005, 05:04 AM
^^^
Exactly.

While the PC market is not as lucrative as the console market, its still large enough that LA is going to want to get what money they can from it.

ilwugoalie
11-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry, but I disagree. It is true that console games sell more, but it is also true that in a business, you move as much of your product as you can, because this means more $$$ for your company.

^^^
Exactly.

While the PC market is not as lucrative as the console market, its still large enough that LA is going to want to get what money they can from it.

alright, sorry... when i said "exclusive" I was making a referance between the two XBox systems. he will with no doubt make the game for PC (not that it matters to me, I'm not going to waste money buying it for a system and for the PC... did that with the first game). But I doubt Lucas Arts will bother with a version for the XBox when the finished product wont be out for most likely a year or more. The more time goes by, the more the 360 is going to push the original XBox out.

RedHawke
11-26-2005, 07:31 PM
^^^^
When you said "exclusive" I took it as you were saying exclusive (http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/exclusive.html).

From what you posted it looked like you were saying it would likely be for Xbox 360 only, hence you got my response.

No worries! :D

{masteraj}
11-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Well thisis good news indeed. I have heard about Obissan talking kotor 3. Let's hope we get the great graphics and a better plot.....I can't wait!

Char Ell
11-27-2005, 06:56 PM
But I doubt Lucas Arts will bother with a version for the XBox when the finished product wont be out for most likely a year or more. The more time goes by, the more the 360 is going to push the original XBox out.
IMO, this has already happened. I would be highly surprised if any game publisher/creator released a game for the XBOX now. I think we will only see XBOX 360 games going forward. Seriously, why would anyone make a game for a now-defunct console?

ilwugoalie
11-28-2005, 11:15 AM
IMO, this has already happened. I would be highly surprised if any game publisher/creator released a game for the XBOX now. I think we will only see XBOX 360 games going forward. Seriously, why would anyone make a game for a now-defunct console?

I know, this is pretty much common sense. But i've read several threads where people are saying they want it on the now old XBox. Why peole would want to stay with the old system is beyond me

JediMaster12
11-29-2005, 04:03 PM
COST, MAN, COST! I was able to get a good deal on my XBox (I've got connections) but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to afford the 360. I've heard it costs a bundle. over $200 with tax figured in. Tell me if I'm wrong.

ilwugoalie
11-29-2005, 04:39 PM
COST, MAN, COST! I was able to get a good deal on my XBox (I've got connections) but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to afford the 360. I've heard it costs a bundle. over $200 with tax figured in. Tell me if I'm wrong.

$200.00 for a 360?? your very wrong... the core system ( that is basicly just the box and a controller) goes for 399.... the Premium, or platinum is going for over 600....

I got hooked up on mine (a platinum system), and sold it on ebay for $1,300.

People are going overboard for these things

kookaburra
12-01-2005, 04:51 AM
I was just surfing another Kotor fourm and this person *claims* Kotor III is anounced but I just take it as a rumour. Have a look for yourself any way.

Just take this as a rumour because I can't see any offical source from Lucasarts.

This person claims:

Kotor III Rumour

Kotor 3 Rumors: Well its true! There are announcements from lucas arts of a new knights of the old republic game. They are already at a finish for the game and is planning for a release in 2006. It will hit the new big X Box 360 with all the new amazing graphics. You will be able to have more features in the game as such as ruling your own empire. More Kotor 3 games news will be announced whenever Lucas Arts does.

source:

http://www.starwarsclub.tk/

Vladimir-Vlada
12-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Kotor 3 Rumors: Well its true! There are announcements from lucas arts of a new knights of the old republic game. They are already at a finish for the game and is planning for a release in 2006. It will hit the new big X Box 360 with all the new amazing graphics. You will be able to have more features in the game as such as ruling your own empire. More Kotor 3 games news will be announced whenever Lucas Arts does.

source:

http://www.starwarsclub.tk/

Unless that person is an employee or has deep connections with Lucas Arts, I wouldn't believe him.

kookaburra
12-01-2005, 07:10 AM
I found more:

Kotor3?

Rumours run abound in the UK XBox360 magazines that the latest installment of this series is slated for this console, this has yet to be confirmed or denied by anyone.

source:

http://www.force-temple.com/kotor/#250

ilwugoalie
12-01-2005, 10:21 AM
untill there is an actual confirmation from Lucas, i'm not believing anything.

Prime
12-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Rumours run abound in the UK XBox360 magazines that the latest installment of this series is slated for this console, this has yet to be confirmed or denied by anyone.Well, no doubt it will come out for teh 360. But that could still be 5 years away...

Bastila
12-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Well its going to come out on the 360 but i still think it wont be out till 2007 or somthing but takeing time is a good thing so its not rushed like TSL.

Cygnus Q'ol
12-01-2005, 11:39 AM
untill there is an actual confirmation from Lucas, i'm not believing anything.

Absolutely.

JediMaster12
12-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Ditto

kookaburra
12-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Hello :D

I have found some more talk about Kotor III. Have a look.

http://forum.massive.se/viewtopic.php?t=6171&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300

Bastila
12-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Thats doesn't really say who said its coming out just a user saying when its coming out and whats it about just wait till its offcianly annoceaed (spel) really.

ilwugoalie
12-14-2005, 10:17 AM
That thead that kookaburra has the link to in there post, is the same thing we putt up here.... speculation. I dont see anything on there that is solid news. when the conclusive word comes, its giong to come from LA. The man has such an ego, that he wont give someone else the opportunity to pull credit before he can.

Aurora Merlow
12-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Thats doesn't really say who said its coming out just a user saying when its coming out and whats it about just wait till its offcianly annoceaed (spel) really.

Agreed, that was just a user's speculation

THrawn((9
12-15-2005, 02:51 PM
i hope that Bioware will dev the game cause i'd like to see a good job done on it and with the let down of the Second one (it was a let down for me *who had high hope for the game that were perhaps to high*) but i would like to see the end of the Story from KOTOR 2:THe Sith Lords like where they have said about going into the Unknown Regions and seeing what became of Revan and helping to destroy the Sith Empire with Revan.

kookaburra
12-15-2005, 06:48 PM
That thead that kookaburra has the link to in there post, is the same thing we putt up here.... speculation. I dont see anything on there that is solid news. when the conclusive word comes, its giong to come from LA. The man has such an ego, that he wont give someone else the opportunity to pull credit before he can.

Dear ilwugoalie,

Let me point out a few things reguarding to your pevious post. Firstly I do NOT have a BIG ego. Secondly I am giving everyone plenty of oppertunity to get credit to find Kotor III rumours news and speculations. I am just sharing in what I mind what other people say about Kotor III. If you want to find Kotor III news for yourself and want to take the credit for it by no means do so. I am a sharing person and like to share what I find with other Kotor fans. If you have a problem with this please don't bother looking at the Kotor III news.

Yours Sincerly

Kookaburra.

Vladimir-Vlada
12-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Man, lighten up. He is just looking for clues if there will be KOTOR 3. This isn't a credit or respect contest about "Who can find more or better KOTOR 3 possibility news". And does it really matter? It doesn't to me. And I really don't see a reason why should it matter to you.

Darth333
12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Cool down everyone, this is just for fun ;) No need to get upset about this. The thruth is...err...nevermind, keep it up with the speculation...

Char Ell
12-15-2005, 09:55 PM
The thruth is...err...nevermind
GASP! Oh... My hopes for juicy KotOR 3 news dashed to pieces! Such a tease... ;)

SITHSLAYER133
12-15-2005, 11:47 PM
God every1 settle down i dont care who makes it i just care that the game is actualy finished to a degree where most people are happy and not complainging about broken quests etc......

Hallucination
12-15-2005, 11:52 PM
The thruth is
She knows the THRUTH!!!! Get her!

kookaburra
12-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Actually just to let everyone know I am a "she"

female Gamer : D

JediMaster12
12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
God every1 settle down i dont care who makes it i just care that the game is actualy finished to a degree where most people are happy and not complainging about broken quests etc......

I'm with you there

SpartanM
12-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Is there any other news on this?

kookaburra
12-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Heres a list of games for 2006/2007 that arn't offically anounced yet. Kotor III is one of them.

linkie:

http://www.gamersreports.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2692&pid=8947&st=0&#entry8947

P.S Yes just take this as Speculation. This is just for your reading enjoyment. :D

Vladimir-Vlada
12-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Link doesn't work. In which section is the news on this site?

kookaburra
01-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Ladiess and Gentleman,

POSTED 10 January 2006.

I have found some more stuff on Kotor III, Yes I believe it's just speculation, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as me .(I advise you to take a look.) :)

LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.

linkie:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Vladimir-Vlada
01-10-2006, 08:16 AM
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.
If that entire prediction is true then:

Oh! UH! HUHUHUHU! RPG fans are going to be so mad. I can only imagine the look on their faces.( They go :eek: )

The big American console manufacturer published Conker: Live and Reloaded, Fantagram's Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, and snuck out Fable: The Lost Adventures for a bargain price in fall 2005. Microsoft Game Studios made the full transition to Xbox 360 and it's not looking back.
Stupid X-Box. *Kicks the thing like a football. It flies several metres and falls down, scraping into pieces*

Cygnus Q'ol
01-10-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm confused. (as usual)

Assuming for a moment that this is true...

What exactly does this mean going "realtime as opposed to partial realtime"?

How would this change the game? Would it be better? Will it still be KOTOR?

I hope they don't screw up a good thing. Should I be worried?

Darth InSidious
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Interesting...Not so keen on the "shades of grey" comment, though, myself...

JediMaster12
01-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm confused. (as usual)

Assuming for a moment that this is true...

What exactly does this mean going "realtime as opposed to partial realtime"?

How would this change the game? Would it be better? Will it still be KOTOR?

I hope they don't screw up a good thing. Should I be worried?

Maybe we should start, but let us not count the chickens before they are hatched

Hallucination
01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Read what Kookaburra said:
Now please read what the article really said. Focus on the bolded part.
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.
Kookaburra, why did you delete that little part?

Now, onto what the real article said, it is all speculation, and predicitions. Why would they change the system? In fact, the only 'proof' they offered was artwork from KOTOR 2. If they prove that K2 is being made, I won't trust them with this 'prediction' about a combat system change.

kookaburra
01-10-2006, 11:19 PM
@ Hallucination

I have no idea why, I didn't even notice the missing part. The proof is in the link any way.

IndianaSolo
01-11-2006, 01:15 AM
It's that website's prediction for 2006, nothing more nothing less. It has as much credibility as me making predictions for 2006.

Fallout 3 will be made. It will be real time.

See? That's about as credible as IGN's article is in terms of how much truth there is to it.

Prime
01-11-2006, 11:01 AM
It's that website's prediction for 2006, nothing more nothing less. It has as much credibility as me making predictions for 2006.

Fallout 3 will be made. It will be real time.

See? That's about as credible as IGN's article is in terms of how much truth there is to it.You need to make a website though... :)

Cygnus Q'ol
01-11-2006, 11:18 AM
No one ever explained HOW this would change the game.

Can someone give me an example of the difference?

How would the game play be different?

Would it be the graphics and the look of movement or the action and fighting or what?

What would be the differences for PC and console users?

RedHawke
01-11-2006, 11:28 AM
It is just a websites predictions, holds as much water as my own, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Cygnus. ;)

ChAiNz.2da
01-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Can someone give me an example of the difference?
Best comparison I can think of (at least for real-time combat) is Morrowind vs TSL..

In Morrowind, when you encounter/engage in combat.. there is no "pausing" and thinking about strategy.. it's a "you better hope you either have quick fingers, proper hot keys, etc.. OR you can run like a mother.." Granted, you can still "switch" your inventory, but there are games out there that don't even allow this. Also, in Morrowind, in order to combat (swing weapon, throw, pull bowstring), something has to be "pressed" per action (ie, button-mashing)

TSL being turn based allows you to "pause", que actions for the entire party then resume based on your choices... no pressing buttons to swing, block etc. No strafing controls, no nothing.. it's all based on a die system where your skills and abilities adjust your "roll" to determine effectiveness and success/fail.

I can only imagine the horror of a real-time scenario with more than one Party Member (excluding the fact that until stoffe fixed it, Pary AI sucked)...

If KotOR III is to be a "true" real-time combat game, it's going to become more of a button-mashing nightmare rather than a storyline driven RPG (IMO) ;)

Darth InSidious
01-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Best comparison I can think of (at least for real-time combat) is Morrowind vs TSL..

In Morrowind, when you encounter/engage in combat.. there is no "pausing" and thinking about strategy.. it's a "you better hope you either have quick fingers, proper hot keys, etc.. OR you can run like a mother.." Granted, you can still "switch" your inventory, but there are games out there that don't even allow this. Also, in Morrowind, in order to combat (swing weapon, throw, pull bowstring), something has to be "pressed" per action (ie, button-mashing)

TSL being turn based allows you to "pause", que actions for the entire party then resume based on your choices... no pressing buttons to swing, block etc. No strafing controls, no nothing.. it's all based on a die system where your skills and abilities adjust your "roll" to determine effectiveness and success/fail.

I can only imagine the horror of a real-time scenario with more than one Party Member (excluding the fact that until stoffe fixed it, Pary AI sucked)...

If KotOR III is to be a "true" real-time combat game, it's going to become more of a button-mashing nightmare rather than a storyline driven RPG (IMO) ;)
Thanks for the explanation! True RPG sounds baaaaaaad.

JediMaster12
01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
It is just a websites predictions, holds as much water as my own, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Cygnus. ;)

Quoted for emphasis

IndianaSolo
01-11-2006, 07:14 PM
You need to make a website though... :)

I have an old angelfire one with nifty little HMTL crap. Hey, does that mean my prediction for Fallout 3 is now legitimate?!?!

IndianaSolo
01-11-2006, 07:16 PM

I prefer the KOTOR style than Morrowind style. IMO, RPG combat is about strategy (albeit KOTOR's combat was a little too easy to have to worry about strategy), and if you go to full real time there's no chance for real strategy.

JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Hey there guys and gals :D I've read this entire forum tonight and would first off like to say !!!MAJOR KUDOS TO KOOKABURRA!!!. Shes found at the very least 60% of the KOTOR 3 news we've heard. I didn't see anyone really thanking her for it either -.- though mabye you guys did. HOWVER considering I did a Find (on this page) search for the word Thank on all 3 threads and in total only found 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 OF WHICH WAS IN SOMEONES SIG. (I HOPE I MISSED SOME -.-) I WOULD SAY SOME OF YOU SHOULD THANK THE PEOPLE WHOM SEARCH TO FIND US OUR KOTOR 3 INFO, AND STOP DOING NOTHING BUT SAYING "I'll believe it when I see it." :firemad: Quick question, do you believe in the wind? I for ONE am extermly glad you find this info for us, THANK YOU ALL.

This Info has brightened my hope for a KOTOR filled future :D

Darth333
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Thread pruned.

@ JediMasterDeath:
For future reference:

1. Flaming and name calling is not tolerated here, no matter the reason. If you have a problem with a post or thread, instead of flaming, use the report post button and we will look at the situation and take action if we deem it appropriate.

2. We welcome different opinions on the boards and people have the right to agree and disagree as long as it remains respectful. If people feel skeptical about the reported news, they can say so. It doesn't mean they are not interested or ungrateful. The same goes with your appreciation of what Kookaburra did.

3. Concerning the use of profanity in your posts, do not try to fool the censor. I have edited one of you other posts in another thread.

4. Avoid typing in caps: this is considered rude and it is annoying to read.

5. Read the forum rules in their entirety.

6. When a moderator edits one of your posts or gives you a warning, do not answer in the thread. If you want to discuss the issue, PM the moderator or another moderator, super mod or admin or use the feedback forum. You will find a list ouf our kotor forums here: http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321

Now back on topic everyone.

kookaburra
01-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Kotor III speculation on knights.com????

posted by Com Raven on main page.

So, you read the bit below about Obsidian Entertainment doing a pure action-combat KotOR 3? Laughed about how crazy that ideas sounds? Alright, then you might be prepared to read this ;)

It seems that Obsidian is hiring a Audio Programmer for an unannounced game. Not too exciting in itself.

It gets more interesting once you look at the details:
Audio Programmer - PS3, XBOX 360, PC
Unannounced - 3rd Person, ACTION, RPG

So, a few days after IGN (who are despite some occasional wacky predictions still a great source for gaming news) proclaims a Xbox360 action-based KotOR 3, we find that Obsidian (the most likely candidate for KotOR 3 since BioWare is busy with its own IPs) is working on an action rpg for the 360, PC (a sure bet for any future KotORs) and the PS3 (with the PS3 having a HDD this time around, a port seems likely).

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, and to discuss them along with the rest of the community on our KotOR III Boards.

Feel free to disagree or agree. :) total speculation.

another interesting thing??? Kotor 3 ?????? (Just a guess)

http://www.creativeheads.net/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=677

comes from here:

www.starwarsknights.com

The Source
01-16-2006, 03:56 AM
I think both threads are heading into the same direction...
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158548

Cygnus Q'ol
01-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Some of the signs are starting to show.
Nice digging everyone, but until there's an announcement, it's just speculation.

Prime
01-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Yep. Lets keep the discussion of the posting to the thread dedicated to it...

Thanks.

Clone L68362
01-16-2006, 01:28 PM
People have talked about this before and reacted with "What do they mean action RPG?!" Which I don't know why really. KOTOR could be considered an action RPG, there's a lot of...action.

Prime
01-16-2006, 03:07 PM
People have talked about this before and reacted with "What do they mean action RPG?!" Which I don't know why really. KOTOR could be considered an action RPG, there's a lot of...action.They are refering to the control interface. An action RPG implies a more twitch-based scheme that you would be unable to pause/assign commands.

Hallucination
01-16-2006, 06:53 PM
^And as you can see, that would change the party control quite a bit.

kookaburra
01-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Okay Ladies and Gents,

again I have found some more Kotor III rumour/speculation, read this:

Obsidian Working On Next-gen KOTR 3?
According to various reports, Obsidian Entertainment - developing house of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - is currently working on an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game. Although the actual title hasn't been revealed, chances are at least reasonable that it's the third Star Wars game in the Knights of the Old Republic series, currently labeled KOTR 3. We'll keep you updated if Obsidian makes any official comments.

-Shiva Stella
[POSTED: 01/16/06]

linkie:

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1137523091.3182.html

another linkie

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/

against this is I believe just pure speculation. :)

Enjoy

kookaburra
01-18-2006, 08:27 AM
DOUBLE TREAT

OH my we are in for a real Kotor III rumour treat tonight. Of course still take this as a Kotor III rumor. :D

look at this.

Obsidian's Quadruple Set
The dev team behind KOTOR: The Sith Lords has new games in store. What are they?
by Douglass C. Perry

January 17, 2006 - Obsidian Entertainment is currently working on three unannounced role-playing games, according to job listing site Creative Heads.

Comprised of former several Black Isle and BioWare creators, Obsidian appears to be expanding with work expressly for next-generation and PC platforms. One game, listed as a third-person action-RPG for Xbox 360 and PS3, is possibly the third in the Knights of the Old Republic series. Neither LucasArts nor Obsidian would confirm a renewal of their work done on Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. According to a source close to the development team, Obsidian may not have sealed the deal yet for KOTOR 3.

The second role-playing game listed (Obsidian is looking for an entry-level programmer for this title) is an RPG slated for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. This second RPG is an original intellectual property called Project New Jersey and uses the Unreal 3 Engine, according to Obsidian employees. Along with job postings for Neverwinter Knights 2 (announced in August 2004), Obsidian is also creating an adventure-RPG for Xbox 360 and PS3 (for which it's in search of a senior graphics programmer).

In addition to the Creative Heads listing is Obsidian's own job listings.

linkie:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/681/681657p1.html

Enjoy

Jae Onasi
01-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, I'm enjoying the anticipation and reading all the news bits posted here. Of course, I'd like it even better if there was a definitive announcement. I'm betting Kookaburra will get the scoop on any official news, too, with her quick research. :)

JediMaster12
01-18-2006, 10:54 AM
I sure too would like an official announcement but I've resigned myself to just reding tidbits here and there posted on this forum. :)

kookaburra
01-27-2006, 02:33 AM
Hi

I did some more digging and I found this, its a few weeks old but it keep you reading until hopefully something else offical comes up.

Of course take this as another speculation. :)

Silence doesn't always mean inaction. LucasArts is reportedly working quietly on two big name sequels expected late 2006 or early 2007. No major announcements have been made, but IGN has done some digging and turned up some info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN has learned that LucasArts recent silence does not mean inactivity. Infact IGN revealed that LucasArts is infact working on a sequel to the surprise hit Mercenaries for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Also quietly in development is KOTOR 3, with the team at Obsedian still behind the game early news is that players can expect better interaction between NPCs and the main character, also IGN said to expect the fighting system to be completely real time. What is not known at the time is which platform KOTOR 3 will land on, one can hope that Obsedian would make the next gen jump.

We'll bring you more information on Mercenaries 2 and KOTOR 3 as it becomes available.

linkie:

http://www.xboxcircle.com/portal/content/view/953/1/

Prime
01-27-2006, 09:26 AM
It would be nice to know what they mean by realtime...

Cygnus Q'ol
01-27-2006, 10:10 AM
You can bet your bottom credit that 360 gets the nod.

Kookaburra, you are awesome!!!!!!

Hallucination
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Also quietly in development is KOTOR 3, with the team at Obsedian still behind the game early news is that players can expect better interaction between NPCs and the main character....
Is this a repeat of the 'mamoth' thing?

Once again, this is just commenting on the article Kookaburra found, so I'll keep on waiting for an official announcement.

SpartanM
02-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Have a look at this!

http://www.lucasarts.com/jobs/

Mabye for Kotor 3! Let's hope so!

Prime
02-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Unlikely, since K3 would most likely be done by a third party developer, not Lucasarts themselves...

Cygnus Q'ol
02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
It would be nice to know what they mean by realtime...

It will more than likely be similar in playability to Jade Empire.
That is one interesting RPG with great graphical content, cut scenes and realtime fighting. I hate to say it, but I really did enjoy playing that one.

That game proves it can work. As much as I enjoy the turn based battling and contemplative strategy, I just have a feeling they're going to move in this direction.

Before, I've stated that KotOR should stay turned based, but, since my foray into Ancient China...

kookaburra
02-27-2006, 06:57 AM
UPDATED! 27TH FEB 2006

Greetings :)

Well, guess what? I found more Kotor III rumor news on the LucasArts Forums (YAY about time) Look at this:

The third chapter in LucasArts' RPG exploration of the Star Wars legacy.

NOTE: This game has not yet been announced or officially confirmed by the publisher. Exact plans for which platforms this title might release on are also unconfimed at this time. Unofficially, the game is expected to be one of three next-gen projects in the works at developer Obsidian Entertainment.

Linkie:

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/793/793795.html

Enjoy

Char Ell
02-27-2006, 09:11 AM
*** crosses fingers ***

Here is hoping this year's E3 in May gives us something more substantive about KotOR III.

kookaburra
03-12-2006, 04:29 AM
Greetings :)

Chris Avellone has kindly agreed to answer a few questions and draw a few pictures for people with reading comprehension issues. Chris even decided to turn the interview into a real dialogue, and he was going to comment on my comments - "Oh no way, I'd love to answer these, buckle up. ;)", but Lucas Arts' people called and said that they want KOTOR 3 out by Christmas, so he had to get back to work.

does this say any thing about KoTOR III???? I thought this post was rather interesting. Enjoy your read any way.

linkie:

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11533

Ztalker
03-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Chris Avellone has kindly agreed to answer a few questions and draw a few pictures for people with reading comprehension issues. Chris even decided to turn the interview into a real dialogue, and he was going to comment on my comments - "Oh no way, I'd love to answer these, buckle up. ", but Lucas Arts' people called and said that they want KOTOR 3 out by Christmas, so he had to get back to work.

Hmmm.
Do you think they are aiming for a Christmas-surprise release, and they just didn't anounce it yet because they didn't want to put pressure on the developer like they did with Kotor2?
If so, this will be a very, very cool Q4...Spore, UT2007, Kotor 3...
*saves money*

Char Ell
03-12-2006, 09:39 AM
does this say any thing about KoTOR III???? I thought this post was rather interesting. IMO, no. I think they're just joking around. Remember how the TSL release got pushed up 2 months from February to December? If Obsidian didn't have any time to waste to make TSL's original release date they most certainly had even less when the release date got pushed up or in other words no time for interviews. So yeah, I think the guys at RPG Codex just made snide commentary about TSL's release date using KotOR 3 and at LucasArts expense. Just my interpretation though. :)

Achilles
03-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I agree that it was probably a joke, but I'll be very surprised if we don't hear a legitimate x-mas 2006 release date for K3 at E3.

1) I believe that OE completed at least a portion of the story of K3 while developing K2. One of the possible causes for some of the cut content would be inconsistencies with a third installment. Also, the story had quite a bit of blatant foreshadowing. Can't foreshadown when you don't know what's going to happen later.

2) I suspect that OE got further with the engine tweaks than we know. Of course, they had to back out of some of them due to time contstraints.

3) the timeline just makes sense. KotOR came out for xmas 2003. K2 came out for xmas 2004. Not wanting to rush things for what will probably be the third and final installment, they've decided to take their time and plan for xmas 2006. Releasing it any sooner or any later will cut into that golden window that is the american xmas holiday.

Mister Chief
03-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Obsidian is taking a page from bungie, and won't announce it yet in order to reduce pressure. I would bet it is at least 50% done by the time they announce it.

Char Ell
03-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't know if anybody else has posted this before but this article posted March 8 on GameDaily.com speculates that Obsidian is making KotOR III for the XBOX 360. Hmmm, the rumors that Obsidian is developing K3 seem fairly persistent.

***DISCLAIMER: The below information may contain forward-looking statements, wild speculation, juicy gossip, rumor, innuendo, or rampant guessing. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict, although they sure do sound good*** :D

LINK:
http://www.gamedaily.com/features/?id=922

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III

One of the most successful Star Wars games of all time is heading to the next generation courtesy of Obsidian. The third installment of the series will expand on the somewhat lackluster second title and once again be exclusive to Microsoft. We've heard that Bioware has had very little involvement with the third title, but Obsidian has been clearly instructed to take their time and pump out a game that rivals the original in quality.

We don't expect Knights III to make an appearance at E3 2006, but the holiday season should bring around news on the next generation title. Expect it to pick up many years after Knights II with an entirely new cast of characters and even more force powers. Shifting your character between light and dark will also have a much more significant impact on the game.

Darth InSidious
03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Can't foreshadown when you don't know what's going

As someone who has written a fair bit, I must say that oh yes you can. Lucas didn't know exactly what would happen in Ep VI, but Ep V is basically a build-up toward RotJ, IMHO :)

On everything else you are spot on as usual :)

kookaburra
03-15-2006, 06:43 AM
Exellent find Hai Wan, brilliant! :D :)

Prime
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Expect it to pick up many years after Knights II with an entirely new cast of characters and even more force powers.Others will disagree with me, but I think that is best.

And since I am always right, that should end that debate right there. :)

Char Ell
03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
^^^
If I may be the first to voice my disagreement. :D

I'm OK with an entirely new cast of characters with a story set many years after TSL but I want closure to the Revan/Exile/True Sith/Force Wound story that has been spun thus far. This doesn't mean I want all answers but enough to get at least some satisfaction from knowing the fate of Revan and the Exile to a large degree as well as what is going on with the "True Sith." Answers to the questions:
Why did Revan head off on his own to the Unknown Regions?
Why did the Exile decide to head off in search of Revan?
Do the "True Sith" still exist?
etc.

Achilles
03-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Others will disagree with me, but I think that is best.

And since I am always right, that should end that debate right there. :)I wholehearted agree that we need a whole new cast of (non-droid:D) characters.

As for the force powers, I'm not sure how much more they can do. There are force powers created for TSL that I've never used. Not sure if adding more is really going to make things better. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the current powers rebalanced.

†Saint_Killa†
03-16-2006, 07:54 AM
I wholehearted agree that we need a whole new cast of (non-droid:D) characters.

Definitely!!! HK and T3 are link to Revan and to what he found out about the sith. But i'd prefer cameos from older NPC's.

As for the force powers, I'm not sure how much more they can do. There are force powers created for TSL that I've never used. Not sure if adding more is really going to make things better. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the current powers rebalanced.

I agree with that too not all powers are used. Maybe add one force levitate where you can levitate things and throw at enemies just like any Jedi would do.

Prime
03-16-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't mind droid characters, particularly T3 and HK. I wouldn't mind them being back, or something similar.

I totally agree with the Force powers. There are too many, and several don't really reflect what we see in the films. I would rather that there be fewer powers, but those powers would have more application. For example, a power something like "move object" could be used to pick things up, flick a switch, or push. And perhaps there could be more than three levels for each.

Mister Chief
03-28-2006, 11:13 PM
possibly some bad news on the way.
DONT READ IF YOUR HOPES ARE EASILY CRUSHED
:
:
:
:
:
:
On Obsidian's home page, they recently announced a partnership with SEGA to produce an origional next gen RPG. This means that either Obsidian is going to finish Neverwinter nights 2, while still working on KOTOR 3 AND start on this new project, (which is unlikely unless this is what they are hiring for, due to the small size of the company), or They are not going to be producing KOTOR 3.

FOR ALL YOU LAZY FOLKS, here is the announcement:
Deal Marks Another Milestone in Publisher's Western Growth Strategy

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (March 23, 2006) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced a new partnership with Obsidian Entertainment, Inc., an entertainment software development studio based in Orange County, CA. Under the terms of the worldwide deal, SEGA and Obsidian will collaboratively develop an original role playing game (RPG) for PC, PlayStation®3 (PS3) and the Xbox 360™.

The deal signifies SEGA's continuing drive to produce high-quality Western content for current and next-generation consoles. Obsidian, best known for the hugely popular RPG Knights of the Old Republic™ 2: The Sith Lords, is also currently working on the much-anticipated sequel to Neverwinter Nights™.

"The development team at Obsidian has 'proven track record' stamped all over it," said Simon Jeffery, President and COO, SEGA of America, Inc. "When SEGA decided to create a fresh and captivating RPG franchise for new generations of hardware, we immediately knew who we wanted to work with."

"We are excited to be working with a great publisher like SEGA as they are willing and excited to launch new and visionary IP on next generation consoles," said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment, Inc. "At Obsidian, our focus is to make exceptional games and we see SEGA as a true partner in achieving that goal for our next epic RPG."

The deal is the latest in a string of similar announcements from SEGA that underscore the company's increased emphasis on Western content development. Previously, SEGA announced partnerships with developers Secret Level, Silicon Knights, Bizarre Creations, Monolith Productions (Condemned: Criminal Origins™), and Pseudo Interactive (Full Auto™). SEGA also acquired development powerhouse The Creative Assembly (Total War series) in 2005.

LINKIE (http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.php?item=pr_20060323a&id=hp_news)

Who knows, maybe Obsidian can pull it off, but I don't think so.

Hallucination
03-28-2006, 11:25 PM
^I think Obsidian is working on something called Project New Jersey, so that makes it even more unlikely.....

Char Ell
03-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Very interesting. Nice find, Mister Chief.

So what do we know then? Obsidian is developing Neverwinter Nights 2 and now they're going to be developing a new RP IP for Sega.

I don't know enough about video game development to know what can be inferred from the fact that Obsidian has two announced games they're working on now. What I do know is that Mr. Urquhart stated in an interview that he doesn't want Obsidian to grow into a big studio development house. If he holds to that then I think it unlikely Obsidian would be developing a third title at the same time as the other two. If the $ signs are looming large on his eyeballs though he may very well decide to expand Obsidian so they can take on simultaneous development of three titles. :giveup:

†Saint_Killa†
03-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Very unlikely though. Never heard of SEGA taking interests on making star wars games.

Char Ell
03-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Very unlikely though. Never heard of SEGA taking interests on making star wars games.:confused: Who said anything about Sega making Star Wars games?

dowon
03-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Obsidian's CEO said... (http://pc.ign.com/articles/684/684902p1.html)

Obsidian's currently staffing up. Feargus hopes to have over 100 people by the end of the year with an eventual goal of having around 120 to 140 people. That will allow them to have teams working on three different games. Ideally, one team will be working on the core concepts of a game while the other two will be in full production mode. Obsidian has also started a technology group that's working on a next generation engine that will be ready in 2007.
Obsidian Entertainment has 3 projects now.
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (Project Pennsylvania) in full production mode
- Project New Jersey: a new IP with an unannounced publisher, a next-gen console action RPG based on Unreal engine 3, in full production mode
- Project Georgia: a new IP with a publisher SEGA, in pre-production mode (working on core concepts)

btw, KotOR2's codename was 'Project Delaware'.

and LucasArts' E3 2006 plan (http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=9543)

New Indiana Jones Game To Be Shown At E3

LucasArts has sent out invites to press folks to show up at their E3 booth in May to try out their upcoming new games. One of the titles that they will show is their all new next-gen console Indiana Jones title which was first announced back in E3 2005 and will finally be shown for the first time in public at this year's expo. The press note also says that in addition to the Indy game and Lego Star Wars II, LucasArts will also be showing off "many other surprises that we'll unveil in the weeks leading up to E3"

marvidchano
03-29-2006, 10:01 AM
NEWS ALERT!!

ANOTHER KOTOR RUMOUR/HOPE LURKING ON IGN

POSTED 26th September 2005 (AEST)
(Snipped for space saving)
that sounds like very good, true proof IF IT IS THEN HOORAA! AT LAST!

Buzz1978
03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
On Obsidian's home page, they recently announced a partnership with SEGA to produce an origional next gen RPG. This means that either Obsidian is going to finish Neverwinter nights 2, while still working on KOTOR 3 AND start on this new project, (which is unlikely unless this is what they are hiring for, due to the small size of the company), or They are not going to be producing KOTOR 3.
Who can seriously believe that they are already working on Kotor3 anyway? Have a look at this article from february 18th:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/684/684902p1.html

It's stated out by OE's CEO that they hire people to become able to develop three games in parallel by the end of 2006. That means that by now they're capable to work on two games at a time and we already know that none of them is Kotor3. One is NWN2 and the other is OE's own thing and no franchise.

Yet still Obsidian is the logical choice to make Kotor3 and the graphics engine of NWN2 is the logical choice for Kotor3 (remember NWN, K1 and K2 share the same roleplaying engine and pretty much the same graphics engine). Let's have a look at NWN2: They got the renderer running for some time - the engine as whole should be done except minor detail work, it seems they got the creature modelling done so it is likely that they got the (N)PCs too, the screenshots on the official site show finished maps and it can't be long until they show the first trailers... I assume NWN2 is going to be published in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter 2006 and that's the time they can actually begin to work seriously on Kotor3 and/or the title they develop for SEGA.

DarkLord152
03-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately most of us who were here for the K2 rumors and stuff have heard things like this before...

Same with me.

Char Ell
03-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Obsidian Entertainment has 3 projects now.
- Neverwinter Nights 2(Project Pennsylvania) in full production mode
- Project New Jersey: a new IP with an unannounced publisher, a next-gen console action RPG based on Unreal engine 3, in full production mode
- Project Georgia: a new IP with a publisher SEGA, in pre-production mode(working on core concepts)Well, I guess that pretty much covers what Feargus Urquhart said he wanted Obsidian to do. Two games in full production and one in pre-production. Doesn't sound like any of these games are the next KotOR.

Hey, dowon. What's your source for Obsidian Entertainment's project names and info that you listed?
Yet still Obsidian is the logical choice to make Kotor3 and the graphics engine of NWN2 is the logical choice for Kotor3 (remember NWN, K1 and K2 share the same roleplaying engine and pretty much the same graphics engine). Let's have a look at NWN2: They got the renderer running for some time - the engine as whole should be done except minor detail work, it seems they got the creature modelling done so it is likely that they got the (N)PCs too, the screenshots on the official site show finished maps and it can't be long until they show the first trailers... I assume NWN2 is going to be published in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter 2006 and that's the time they can actually begin to work seriously on Kotor3 and/or the title they develop for SEGA.If this is true then I wouldn't expect KotOR 3 to be released until sometime in 2008. I just have a hard time believing that LucasArts would wait that long. IMO if LA doesn't get KotOR 3 out by end of 2007 then they're really messed up in the collective head. Of course I'll probably still buy the next KotOR even if it does debut in 2008...

I still want to find out what Project New Jersey is before I will completely rule out it's potential to be the next KotOR. I know. Word on the street is that PNJ is an original IP title but there is always the potential for misinformation, a.k.a. propaganda.

dowon
03-30-2006, 03:36 AM
About project new jersey...
http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32776&st=15&p=319780&#entry319780
[project new jersey] is not going to be kotor 3. Obsidian has said that their next game isn't a sequel.
True and true.

About project georgia...
http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=40776&st=63#
Ok, MYSTERY solved thanks to Feargus [Urquhart]:

Q: Is the Sega game PNJ?

FU: Actually - just to be confusing. this one is PG (PG=Project Georgia). So, as stated in the IGN interview, PNJ & PG are likely console oriented. NWN2/PP is the PC team

and obsidian's games at wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsidian_Entertainment
Obsidian Entertainment code-names its projects after a list of U.S. states by date of statehood.

Project Delaware - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (KotOR II), released in 2004 for Xbox and in 2005 for PC, is Obsidian's first production.

Project Pennsylvania - Neverwinter Nights 2 is currently in development.
Both are sequels to products originally engineered by BioWare.

There is also a game to be announced, codenamed "Project New Jersey", confirmed by Obsidian employee John Morgan not to be a sequel. Also by words of Urquhart, the company hopes to be around 115 employees by the end of 2006, forming in 2 and a half teams, who will be working on three projects simultaneously. Knights of the Old Republic III is also in the plans of the company, should LucasArts desire it in the future.

On March 23, 2006, Obsidian and Sega announced that they will co-develop a role-playing game (codename: "Project Georgia") based on a new intellectual property. It is currently slated for release on the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

kookaburra
03-30-2006, 06:36 AM
This is rediculous, I mean now that OE has three projects up their sleeves they're probably going to have their hand full for a very long time. Why the heck didn't they choose to do Kotor III? they know that a lot of people want it, is it LA's fault? dam it! very frustrating. Well guys OE has their hands full for probably the next three years. Games take like a year each to make? I'm probably wrong but I think OE will be too busy to make Kotor III.Dam only if I was the boss of OE I would've chose Kotor III over some other s***y games.Well guys lets continue too enjoy the loooooooooooooong wait.

Char Ell
03-30-2006, 09:29 AM
@ dowon - Thanks for providing such detailed sources! :thumbsup:

That seems to pretty much squash the possibility of KotOR 3 being in any form of current development at Obsidian Entertainment. Oh well. :giveup:

So I see current possibilities as:
1) LucasArts has commissioned another developer for the next KotOR but hasn't announced it yet.
2) LucasArts hasn't commissioned a developer for the next KotOR.
3) LucasArts plans to develop the next KotOR in-house.
4) Obsidian Entertainment is developing the next KotOR but isn't saying that they are.

Hmmm... That really narrows it down, doesn't it? [/sarcasm] :roleyess:

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Long time no talk, so I figure I'll throw my hat into the fire....we'll hear about Kotor 3 by Christmas, and it'll be out next Summer.

Buzz1978
03-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Why the heck didn't they choose to do Kotor III?
Because it's not their choice. They said they would like to do it but it was always clear that NWN2 would come first.

Well guys OE has their hands full for probably the next three years.
Why? I believe NWN2 is getting into the final state of production soon and project NJ is in full production for some time now and maybe they show it at the E3. If they do it will likely be published before xmas or in the late 1st quarter 2007. I think it's not a tough prediction to say that both games that are in full production now will be published within one year and probably earlier.

Long time no talk, so I figure I'll throw my hat into the fire....we'll hear about Kotor 3 by Christmas, and it'll be out next Summer.
While I would appreciate that, my guess is more coservative: We'll hear about a new project for LA around september/october 2006, hear that it is in fact Kotor3 in 12 months from now and get it in the 4th quarter 2007.

emperorz0
03-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Obsidian Entertainment said that they arent working with Kotor 3 now (because of other projects) and Bioware might do it after Mass Effect.

dowon
03-31-2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Obsidian_On_Star_Wars:_Knights_of_The_Old_Republic _3_9640_5665_0.htm

Obsidian On Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3
We'd be happy to do KOTOR3 if that's what LucasArts wants us to do...

Speaking to TVG about the in-development NeverWinter Nights 2, Obsidian's Feargus Urquhart was also happy to discuss with TVG the current "will it/won't it" situation surrounding LucasArts Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3.

"We have been talking with LucasArts to do KOTOR3 since August 2004 and we hoped to do it since KOTOR2 was done. LucasArts is thinking what they want to do with it and we would happily make KOTOR3, if that's what LucasArts wants to do."

So it seems ideas are on the table, whether or not LucasArts will conclude this trilogy faster than they do with others, however, remains to be seen.

We'll have the full interview with Urquhart soon...

*Atris*
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Well thats good news, well kinda. Showes Obsidian want to do the game, which is who i want to continue the series.

Lucas should hurry up and decide!

HerbieZ
03-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Im glad im not the only one then who just imagined a big inbox of papers on Lucas' desk and Kotor 3 at the bottom... :(

Char Ell
03-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Excellent find, dowon! Well it's good info anyway even if it's not great news...

Awww man! What a disappointment to hear Obsidian's CEO say they have been talking with LucasArts about doing KotOR 3 since August 2004 and they're still talking about it. :( If this is the case then I'm back to wondering if the next KotOR will even be made. Or it's also possible that LA is considering another company instead of Obsidian Entertainment to make the next KotOR.

†Saint_Killa†
03-31-2006, 10:58 PM
So it's all up to LA then.

kookaburra
04-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice Find! :D

ScieX
04-02-2006, 09:51 AM

what this guy said.

kookaburra
04-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Hello! :)

I don't know if this one has already been found but here it is any way.

http://www.joystiq.com/category/rpgs/

if it has just dismiss it.

cheero.

-Kook. :D

Jackel
04-03-2006, 04:33 AM
Bioware might do it after Mass Effect.
What? In like 3 or four years? Doubt it. You know Mass Effect is a trilogy right?. That and the fact Bioware dont want to work on anyones IP's except their own.

Prime
04-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Lucas should hurry up and decide!Just for the record, Lucas has nothing to do with it. ;)

*Atris*
04-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Just for the record, Lucas has nothing to do with it. ;)

I dont understand, :S they are the publisher of the game, they decide if the third is made, so don't they have EVERYTHING to do with it? ;)

Ztalker
04-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I'd like to see Lucas program a game :p
It's the director of Lucas Arts that decides if a new game is made :)

Achilles
04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I dont understand, :S they are the publisher of the game, they decide if the third is made, so don't they have EVERYTHING to do with it? ;)He's referring to George Lucas, while you're referring to LucasArts. Not the same thing.

The Source
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I wonder what Lucas Arts has to officially say. My reasoning is that there have been several rumors that Obsidian Ent. has been working on KotOR III for some time, and now Feargus Urquhart, the CEO of Obsidian Entertainment comes out and says they have been in talks since August 2004. I think there is a contradiction somewhere.

Some questions that come up:
1. Are they or are they not working on KIII?

2. How long have they 'been working' on KotOR III?

3. Why all the cloak and dagger? Why don't just tell everyone they have been working on KotOR III?

For a company that has been denying they are not in anyway connected to KotOR III, Obsidian has a intresting way of showing there is no connection.

Edit:
This could be Obsidian's way of trying to keep connected to the KotOR series. If you go to LucasArts.com, their Flash advertising no longer has KotOR II. KotOR II was removed from the Flash advertising about a week ago. Obsidian could be trying to keep the KotOR series going.

Therefore, I would take what Obsidian has to say about KotOR III as speculation. Until I hear something from Lucas Arts, I don't know what to believe.

dowon
04-05-2006, 03:46 PM
http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/NeverWinter_Nights_2_Feature_9679_3995_0_0_0_40_60 .htm

Q: Also, staying on the subject of deals, has LucasArts approached you to develop Knights of the Old Republic III?

Feargus Urquhart: We have been in talks with LucasArts to do KOTOR3 since August 2004 and we'd had hopes to start on it after KOTOR2. LucasArts are currently thinking about it, but we'd be really happy to do KOTOR3 if that's what LucasArts wants.

Q: But nothing's been set in stone?

Feargus Urquhart: No.

*Atris*
04-05-2006, 05:53 PM
oooo they are thinking about it!
Whats there to think of?
Everyone wnats it!

The Source
04-05-2006, 06:49 PM
When both the developer and Lucas Arts advertise on their home pages, then I will take all those rumors that support it as fact. Until I see it advertised, I will take everything as pure speculation.

kookaburra
04-06-2006, 06:42 AM
nice find !!!

Prime
04-06-2006, 10:26 AM
3. Why all the cloak and dagger? Why don't just tell everyone they have been working on KotOR III?This is pretty common though...

Ztalker
04-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Same was for Kotor 2...

We thought it was released to quik, but they actually started working on it before part 1 was even released...

*Atris*
04-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Same was for Kotor 2...

We thought it was released to quik, but they actually started working on it before part 1 was even released...

But they still weren't given enough time.

LA had already got a KOTOR3 team and they were working, even before KOTOR2 was released, maybe they picked up were they stopped?

JediMaster12
04-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Could be possible. I'd rather not split hairs over it though.

wadsbilly430
04-18-2006, 04:30 PM
well, hopefully we will see more of it at E3.

Sanctuary
04-18-2006, 05:41 PM
This may be old news, but the Obsidian Ent. (http://forums.obsidianent.com/) forums are a bit interesting.

The link to the General Discussion (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showforum=3) area has a "KOTOR 3 Ideas" (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=38919) sticky.

I think they allow non-Obs. people to post,
but it shows workings on their end beyond the "I'd Like to do it" you read in interviews.

kookaburra
04-19-2006, 06:06 AM
I found this

In an interview, Bioware gave a few details about their new project that, according to them, will certainly rattle-up the market the way their past games did like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Gamers will have to wait till E3 though for more information regarding this game. Here's an excerpt of the interview:

FiringSquad: What other hints can you give us about upcoming projects at BioWare?
Ray Muzyka: We’re looking forward to announcing details about our new MMO being developed in BioWare Austin in the near future. We also have an unannounced surprise or two in the works which we will also be sharing at E3 2006, in addition to showing Mass Effect there. The Dragon Age team is hard at work and we’re very excited about how the game is looking so far.

What could this game be? Another KOTOR game perhaps? Since Ray Muzyka is a KOTOR developer, this title could be another Star Wars installment; however, LucasArts doesn't seem to be too keen with the idea of developing KOTOR3. Another guess would be a Jade Empire MMO since the first game had tremendous impact. PC users still demand a PC version of Jade Empire. I also like to see a new preview of their upcoming original fantasy role-playing game, Dragon Age. Now E3 is getting hotter and hotter with these kinds of annoucements popping up.

linkie

http://mmorpg.qj.net/Update-on-upcoming-BioWare-MMO-game/pg/49/aid/19012

This isn't a rumour, but just some recent news about Kotor III. Enjoy any way.

tbl1
04-19-2006, 06:28 AM
"LucasArts doesn't seem to be too keen with the idea of developing KOTOR3"
Doesn't sound to good :(

Hann_Starr
04-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I hope wrong you are.

stingerhs
04-19-2006, 07:43 PM
^^^^
my guess is that it means that LA doesn't want to develop the game internally. i'm fairly confident that the popularity of the series will make sure LA will publish the game. ;)

Mister Chief
04-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Team Xbox (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10731/Darth-Vader-and-Indy-Coming-Soon-to-a-Console-Near-You/)

It seems that according to this rumor, LA will be developing a Darth Vader Game. With SW Lego 2, Iniana Jones, and this Star Wars DV game, Lucas arts may not be up to publishing KOTOR3.

zadi
04-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Hubby told me that he read on one of the tech sites that April 2007 we'll have our third game. I asked him for the link so he's trying to find the post for me.

stingerhs
04-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Team Xbox (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10731/Darth-Vader-and-Indy-Coming-Soon-to-a-Console-Near-You/)

It seems that according to this rumor, LA will be developing a Darth Vader Game. With SW Lego 2, Iniana Jones, and this Star Wars DV game, Lucas arts may not be up to publishing KOTOR3.that would be highly unlikely. i seriously doubt that LucasArts would lack the financial prowess to publish more than 5 games at a time. not to mention that LucasArts would have a difficult time turning its back on a franchise that is already very successful and is one of the most highly decorated series they've ever published.

OlympusMons
04-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey, I just read this on SW Tactics, What do you think, is it authentic or what? I can't get any verification on it! It was only posted today.

"As a leading representative of Bioware Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

Here's the link http://www.swtactics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743

Prime
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
It seems that according to this rumor, LA will be developing a Darth Vader Game. That has been rumored for a long time now.

With SW Lego 2, Iniana Jones, and this Star Wars DV game, Lucas arts may not be up to publishing KOTOR3.Also, they don't have have a bunch of potentially very popular games all coming out at the same time. They'd want to stagger releases a bit.

Prime
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
What do you think, is it authentic or what?Bogus I'd say. There is no link, and it is unlikely that the developer would mention it in passing without an official announcement from Lucasarts.

Jae Onasi
04-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Bogus I'd say. There is no link, and it is unlikely that the developer would mention it in passing without an official announcement from Lucasarts.

I don't think they'd be sending out an announcement with a spelling error in ite, either.

Ztalker
04-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Sorry it took me some to post this...

I'm a member of the #1 Game magazine of the Benelux, named the Power Unlimited. They had an interesting post on their site. You guys can't read it, so i'll (desperately) try to translate it.

http://www.powerweb.nl/nieuws.jsp?rubriek=423263&id=1245926

Is Bioware Canadian? Yes, we were shocked too, but that isn't the big news. The fact that Bioware has some surprises waiting for us at the E3* (* personal note: It's written as statement!), and will reveal them to us, is!

Other then the announced Mass Effect and Dragon Age, Bioware has confirmed to be working on TWO other games! What kind of games? We will have to wait until the E3.

So let's speculate a bit. Bioware has already released certain information regarding a mmo they are making. Because if you don't hype, the big kids will start bullying you at school* (personal sneer from the writer of the article to hyping. He hates it). So be it. We don't get shocked from mmo's anymore, but this game could be on of the two above mentioned. After several hours of calculating, you will realise that there's one space left. Maybe Jade Empire 2? Or is Bioware picking up the Kotor franchise again? Maybe they will leap back in time and revive Baldurs Gate? No probably...maybe they....would they...

These guys are never of. Never. They have exclusive deals with developers, and their facts are always bound to be true. For example: in one of the old magazines, it was mentioned that Nintendo was experimenting with touch-screen technology. The DS wasn't even developed. And what do we have now? A touch-screen handheld.
I;m not trying to brag, or impress. But if these guy publish facts, they are true.

Why i posted this? Simple: Now there is an actual CHANCE k3 will appear on E3.

Cygnus Q'ol
04-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't think they'd be sending out an announcement with a spelling error in ite, either. :mm1

Jae, you are too funny.

Sounds like speculation and wishful thinking to me. However, I do believe, for good or bad, we'll have our answer at the next E3.

Jae Onasi
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
:mm1

Jae, you are too funny.

Sounds like speculation and wishful thinking to me. However, I do believe, for good or bad, we'll have our answer at the next E3.

Know what's really funny? My spelling error wasn't intentional. :D

I sure hope we hear something at E3.

Cygnus Q'ol
04-20-2006, 03:56 PM
...actually, that is funnier than if you did it on purpose,
which I thought you did. :laughing:

When is the next E3 anyway?

Darth InSidious
04-20-2006, 06:02 PM
When is E3, anyway?

stingerhs
04-20-2006, 06:13 PM
last i checked, E3 is less than a month away. i think its in the first week of May, but don't hold me to that. :)

Sanctuary
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
E3 (http://www.e3expo.com/)
Appears to be going on in May (10th - 12th).

Char Ell
04-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Hey, I just read this on SW Tactics, What do you think, is it authentic or what? I can't get any verification on it! It was only posted today.

"As a leading representative of Bioware Corp. given the mamoth task...

Here's the link http://www.swtactics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743Ugh!! ! Is this blasted rumor still floating around? This was debunked last year. You can reference this post <link> (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1940804&postcount=55) which references previous posts on this forum and on BioWare's forums that say this statement is full of it. Whomever concocted this idea sure did get a good ride out of it. :roleyess: :disaprove

Hey, speaking of E3, y'all still have 10 days to vote on whether or not LucasArts will announce KotOR 3 at this year's E3. Just a hop, skip, and a jump over to <here> (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163091) [/shameless plug] :D

tbl1
04-21-2006, 08:07 AM
I can't believe it is serveral months into production, but if it is true...
YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY!!!!!!

raven10
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
whell, have you heard enything about new BIG LA game? NewYork Times had an article about New Game that people at LA are developing, and the game is called Darth Vader, simple as that. Now, I don't know what tha h**k Tim Ward ( if I'm not wrong about that name, president of Lucas Arts I refere) or ony of those leading guys out there at LA was/were thinking about, but hey it's their intetion or something......
ALL I'm afraid is that this is going to push KOTORIII way further away from US, maan i'd rarher see kotorIII a.s.a.p. then any other LA game for shore.
So what we now is Indiana Jones and Darth Vader game being developed. It is bad, and I don't think that they have enough money nor time to push for KOTORIII development as whell for now, That Ward guy was saying something about rebudgeting LA for whatever reasons, before we had news like poople being laid off at LA, etc, etc....

This is very BAD for KOTORIII and further......
and is defenetly pissing me off at large scale, F**K!!!!!

What do you think, and if anybody have any info about this please share....

Best regards to all of you!

Prime
04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
What do you think, and if anybody have any info about this please share....I think that K3 is several years away, if it is done at all. ;)

firehead2591
04-24-2006, 06:11 PM
meh... at this point I seriously doubt their going to do one.......they've had like almost 2 years and thats plenty of time to make a game...that doesn't mean i've lost hope and i don't think i will ever loose hope that there will a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3: (inter subtitle here)

JediMaster12
04-24-2006, 06:43 PM
It is good to hope but brace yourself. Hope is a romantic illusion to hold onto something that one has never had. All it does is bring despair and you will be left with nothing when you atarted out with nothing so why hope at all?

tbl1
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
It can be several years before it is released. Just announce it.

firehead2591
04-24-2006, 06:50 PM
hopeis what keep people going?why would sombody giving up on hope? isn't that giving up on life. i've been through many instences in which i wouldn't have been able to go on without hope......

BobaFettFan
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
hopeis what keep people going?why would sombody giving up on hope? isn't that giving up on life. i've been through many instences in which i wouldn't have been able to go on without hope......

"Dust in the wind," my friend.

firehead2591
04-24-2006, 07:28 PM
huh?

Sith_Reven
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
I found some tidbits of information which proves nothing of course, but its encouraging. This information may already be in this thread earlier so I apologize

This was in the upcoming projects section
E 3 EXPO 2006
E3 is rapidly approaching again and Lucasarts have informed us that this years booth will be their biggest ever. Although no other announcements have been made as to what will be there, you can expect to see Star Wars Galaxies, Lego Star Wars 2, Indy Jones and we've been told of something extremely exciting that will be making its debut - we can't wait! As you'd expect, guys from the Network will be there taking some photos for the June edition.

and this one . There is a link at the starwarsknights page if you want to see for yourself

Gamedaily has posted a feature called "The Unofficial Five of Next Gen", looking at some sequels we all know will be coming sonner than later. And among such high-profile franchises as Halo, GTA, Final Fantasy and Mario, we find their take on Knights of the Old Republic 3: "One of the most successful Star Wars games of all time is heading to the next generation courtesy of Obsidian. The third installment of the series will expand on the somewhat lackluster second title and once again be exclusive to Microsoft. We've heard that Bioware has had very little involvement with the third title, but Obsidian has been clearly instructed to take their time and pump out a game that rivals the original in quality. We don't expect Knights III to make an appearance at E3 2006, but the holiday season should bring around news on the next generation title. Expect it to pick up many years after Knights II with an entirely new cast of characters and even more force powers. Shifting your character between light and dark will also have a much more significant impact on the game."

aerowars617
04-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I found some tidbits of information which proves nothing of course, but its encouraging. This information may already be in this thread earlier so I apologize

This was in the upcoming projects section
E 3 EXPO 2006
E3 is rapidly approaching again and Lucasarts have informed us that this years booth will be their biggest ever. Although no other announcements have been made as to what will be there, you can expect to see Star Wars Galaxies, Lego Star Wars 2, Indy Jones and we've been told of something extremely exciting that will be making its debut - we can't wait! As you'd expect, guys from the Network will be there taking some photos for the June edition.

I have a bad feeling that the "Big Suprise" is that Darth Vader game :firemad:

Whatever happens, I hope they dont turn Kotor 3 into Duke Nukem Forever, i.e. announce the game, then taking literally "Forever" to bring it out. Duke Nukem Forever started in the late 90's.... its now 2006.

stingerhs
04-25-2006, 03:59 PM
^^^^
i don't think so. LA already announced that a Darth Vader-based game is in the works. although they haven't released any specific details, it wouldn't be some big surprise if they made an official announcement at E3 with some details on the type of game, etc.

Atris2
04-25-2006, 04:04 PM
if it does come out, which i hope really badly, will it come out in the normal xbox or in the xbox360 ?

Hann_Starr
04-25-2006, 04:43 PM
You guys have a lot more confidence in the prospect of a new KOTOR than me. I'm not saying it won't happen, just that its highly unlikely

*Atris*
04-25-2006, 04:58 PM
It will come out for XBOX 360 if it duz, but i doubt it will now, thou i hope it duz, I wouldnt put it past lucas arts on canceling the 3rd

raven10
04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/17/technology/17lucas.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5090&en=c9363d020bd178ed&ex=1302926400&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Here you can read and get the fealing how those guys at LA, leading members, think about gaming world. I danno, but somehow I think most of it they say is kind out of place....

raven10
04-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I think that K3 is several years away, if it is done at all. ;)

What I ment was if anybody has any info on this Darth Vader (my God what a bum that is) game. From what I heard is placed between 3rd and 4th episode, whell prity much Vader eradicates Jedi, those he can find, since crucial ones get to live throughout 4th episode and further, which we have allresdy seen (for God sake) many many times.
Whell I'm not interested in that, it is enough of Darth Vader, I want to see more of those ancient Jedi Masters and Sith lords, when they were bringing Force to it's glory. I WANT KOTOR III and more.......but thats just me, whel now I'm asking all of you: I'm not alone, am I?

kookaburra
04-26-2006, 06:56 AM
What I ment was if anybody has any info on this Darth Vader (my God what a bum that is) game. From what I heard is placed between 3rd and 4th episode, whell prity much Vader eradicates Jedi, those he can find, since crucial ones get to live throughout 4th episode and further, which we have allresdy seen (for God sake) many many times.
Whell I'm not interested in that, it is enough of Darth Vader, I want to see more of those ancient Jedi Masters and Sith lords, when they were bringing Force to it's glory. I WANT KOTOR III and more.......but thats just me, whel now I'm asking all of you: I'm not alone, am I?

I so agree with you Raven! I think its rediculous of LucasArts to make another Darth Vader game personally. I mean will this game be a hit like KOTOR? lol maybe not. I am kinda crapped off with LucasArts at teh moment, they just don't seem to be doing any thing or listening to what Star Wars fans want in video gaming. I mean the devs or people at LucasArts have probably gone around on all the gaming threads and read what the fans want and they have probably seen Kotor III , but LucasArts just don't seem to still get he message that people want KOTOR III. As much a I love Episode III, I don't really want another movie game at this stage. I want what Raven wants! ancient Jedi Masters! and Sith Lords. Kotor series b***dy well needs to be finished! Obsidian needs to get onto LucasArts back and tell them! If I found out LucasArts e-mail address I tell ya I would b***dy swamp them with e-mail to do Kotor III, and I am b***dy sure other people would agree with me.

aerowars617
04-26-2006, 11:19 AM
LucasArts is blatently exploiting the franchise. LA dosnt care about SW game fans, they care about SW fans and general gamers. It is simply a question that Darth Vader Sells. More people would buy a game called "Darth Vader" than "KotOR III". Its simple for them, they only factor in the money, not the fans request. Maybe after they have abused the franchise by releasing "Darth Vader 9, the final trillogy", then maybe they will go back to making imaginative games. My favourite aspect of Kotor is that it is a SW game that is completely independant of the movies. Shame most people only care about Luke and Vader.

The Source
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I just had a thought. Do you think that Lucas Arts believes that KotOR II was a finished game, and it has a clear ending?

Otherwords, Kriea tells us everything we need to know, and all we have to do is listen?

Prime
04-26-2006, 01:58 PM
I just had a thought. Do you think that Lucas Arts believes that KotOR II was a finished game, and it has a clear ending?Probably don't care. It will be more along the lines of "did it make the projected sales and revenue." I highly doubt they are thinking that they need to do a game that ties up all the lose ends.

raven10
04-26-2006, 04:28 PM
LucasArts is blatently exploiting the franchise. LA dosnt care about SW game fans, they care about SW fans and general gamers. It is simply a question that Darth Vader Sells. More people would buy a game called "Darth Vader" than "KotOR III". Its simple for them, they only factor in the money, not the fans request. Maybe after they have abused the franchise by releasing "Darth Vader 9, the final trillogy", then maybe they will go back to making imaginative games. My favourite aspect of Kotor is that it is a SW game that is completely independant of the movies. Shame most people only care about Luke and Vader.

Agreed! Just look at all those games came out from SW movies (all except Jedi Knight series), those are axploited to the maximum. And I understand once new technology features come out (hardware, new engines, etc) they automaticly going for it, but with what? With Empire at war for instance, dude i have studied Force commander and I loved it much more than Empire at war, EAW got me bored with in couple of levels, complete waste of money and time, and I fully regret it. But that's just me.

KOTOR franchise is not finished with KOTORII, I don't think so, defenetly!
For what I can say: since we had gone through KOTOR I & II and to aprehend this time without any possible info (rumors avoided) about next KOTOR at least what we deserve is something official from LA, what is going on with KOTOR franchise?! HEy, for the sake of all these gamers that like the game. Just to let us know next kotor: yes or no. I'll take either answer, but I'd rather prefer yes! It is definite time to tell us something official.

Hann_Starr
04-26-2006, 05:13 PM
KOTOR franchise is not finished with KOTORII, I don't think so, defenetly! For what I can say: since we had gone through KOTOR I & II and to aprehend this time without any possible info (rumors avoided) about next KOTOR at least what we deserve is something official from LA, what is going on with KOTOR franchise?! HEy, for the sake of all these gamers that like the game. Just to let us know next kotor: yes or no. I'll take either answer, but I'd rather prefer yes! It is definite time to tell us something official.

Absolutely! LA can't possibly believe that TSL was a proper ending to the KOTOR series. And assuming that LA in some capacity is aware of the fan support for the KOTOR series, they should at least issue a statement saying they won't be making a third installment. I also agree that Lucas is just whoring-out the movie trillogies while a great new franchise is just waiting to be exploited. Come on LA, Just tell us Yes or No!!!!

raven10
04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Next stop is E3, if nothing gets revealed about next KOTOR installment by E3 shoup, then is for shore - years will come to past till we see it, play it and enjoy it.....question remains, what to do till then, play Darth Vader game, o hell NO! F**K Darth Vader game!!!

Best regards to all of you and keep the faith up.

Sith_Reven
04-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Time to put a different spin on this. The Darth vader game wouldn't be so bad if done right. Say Like the jedi knight series. Now...now if lucasarts was absolutely sure they were not going to have a K3 game they would have said so and put us all out of our misery. The idea, even if it is not announced at E3 still floats in the air and has not been shot down I might add. We just have to keep going and hoping. Truthfully if the game came out five years from now I would be happy. I would be pretty pissed off that it took so long but It would be there right? yeah.

Now on another note when I get a job in the entertainment industry you can bet I will make a K3 game myself for all the fans who loved and lost.

kookaburra
04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi Everyone

I have a link to Feargus Urquhart's profile at Obsidian, from here you can PM him and perhaps ask him about Kotor III. I did.

Have a go, and see if you get a response. If you don't, least you tried. Maybe with all theses people PM'ing him, something might happen, of course nothing may happen. Goodluck any way....

linkie

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?act=Profile&CODE=03&MID=4

-Kook

kookaburra
04-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Good Luck everyone.

Prime
05-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted:

Interview with Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart (http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Obsidian_On_Star_Wars:_Knights_of_The_Old_Republic _3_9640_5665_0.htm)

"We have been talking with LucasArts to do KOTOR3 since August 2004 and we hoped to do it since KOTOR2 was done. LucasArts is thinking what they want to do with it and we would happily make KOTOR3, if that's what LucasArts wants to do."

JediMaster12
05-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Well I guess it is up to the KOTOR gods whether or not they want to make KOTOR III. Maybe an offering would sway their decision? :D

kookaburra
05-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Have a look at this. Don't get too excited just yet.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/793/793795.html

*Atris*
05-03-2006, 10:57 AM
yer thats been posted before. But no worries.

kookaburra
05-09-2006, 01:39 AM
I found this on theforce.net, still a little disapointing though. :?

But so far nothing has been seen or written in regards to KOTOR III, Republic Commando II, Star Wars Galaxies' future, and the rumoured title based around Darth Vader. All of those, of course, have never been completly confirmed nor denied by LucasArts as yet ... but we're still hoping.

linkie:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/E3_LucasArts_Announce_New_Titles_98419.asp

Canderous_ordo1
05-09-2006, 02:25 AM
i just think no matter what way it turns out it should be a great game just hope its not rushed arghh glitches we'll all be thinking just like on kotor 2 and it would be good if it is a longer game

Wildcat'
05-09-2006, 04:31 AM
I just hope LucasArts can see clearly how promising the KotOR series is and has been, and that they make the right decision (that is, make a third game!)

aerowars617
05-09-2006, 06:18 AM
We may have to wait a while seeing how busy LA looks with those games, but there might still be hope. Look how long its taken them to make a sequel to Command & Conquer, and If EA reccognises the cashflow potential, LA should do too, in a year or 2 maybe (hopefully not :( )

Consular Luja
05-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Well, they wouldn't not make the game. It would be too profitable. They want to make the game and I have hope that they will.

aerowars617
05-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Then again, we are still waiting for Starcraft 2 :( its been what 8/9 years now?

Prime
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, they wouldn't not make the game. It would be too profitable. There have been lots of profitable games that haven't had a sequel...

Cygnus Q'ol
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Sadly, the only way I see them commiting to KotOR 3 is if somehow, someway, the other L.A. games now being developed and distributed are a huge bust.

Which isn't the case.

All of the current games on their table are all making a beaucoup of money.

Maybe next year, but I doubt it. The larger the span of time between sequels, the lesser the chance becomes that it will be made.

I'm trying hard not to be pessimistic, but the reality of this is kicking us all in the keister.

Hann_Starr
05-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Sadly, the only way I see them commiting to KotOR 3 is if somehow, someway, the other L.A. games now being developed and distributed are a huge bust.

Which isn't the case.

Maybe next year, but I doubt it. The larger the span of time between sequels, the lesser the chance becomes that it will be made.

I'm trying hard not to be pessimistic, but the reality of this is kicking us all in the keister.

Quoted for emphasis!

Henz
05-09-2006, 12:37 PM

Which isn't the case.

Yup. Just wish they'd say no. I hate limbo.

aerowars617
05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
And now we play the waiting game.

JediMaster12
05-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Patience padawan. You can't let all hope be lost. There is always the slightest chance that It will be made :D

tbl1
05-10-2006, 01:30 AM
And now we play the waiting game.The waiting game's boring... let's play hungry hungry hippos

Darth Manus
05-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Well, LucasArts certainly has to redeem itself in the gaming community's eyes. The way KOTOR II was rushed was simply inexcusable. What would they rather have? An unfinished project for a quick profit, or a properly done masterpiece? Honestly... what were they thinking?

jacob0883
05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
If they don't make a new game fine. I would be just as happy if they wrote a book to close out all the characters they created in this series. I think that the lack of ending in the second game should be reason enough to at least give fans some close. It WON'T be the reason they do it if they do it.

Henz
05-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, LucasArts certainly has to redeem itself in the gaming community's eyes. The way KOTOR II was rushed was simply inexcusable. What would they rather have? An unfinished project for a quick profit, or a properly done masterpiece? Honestly... what were they thinking?

I wish they would fix that. A deluxe version (on x box 360 maybe?) would be a good way to guage potential profit in a new game, and I'd (grudgingly) pay for the game that should have been.