PDA

View Full Version : Nitpicks

Klia
09-29-2005, 03:49 PM
There has been a few things that have been bothering me with this game. I won't post them all in one post (As we need to allow for Purple Squid to hate it faster) but I will post one major thing that has been bothering me.

Maybe you might be able to answer a few of my questions.

The Asylum
We all know that Fred used to work at an asylum and it is a fact that Crispin was one of the patients there.

We know that all Edgar, Gloria, Edgar, and Boyd have been admitted to insane asylums. While Gloria and Edgar did not have the actual asylum in their vaults we can make an educated guess that they have been admitted to an insane asylum as they say that they are patients.

Fred has probably worked with Edgar before he went insane as Edgar was afraid of him sending him back in. Through this we can also guess that all four of them still think the asylum is up and running.

However we don't know Boyd's relationship towards Gloria and Edgar. Nor do we really know Gloria's view on Edgar or Fred.

What's really confusing me is how was the asylum intact when Fred was working there but then it was completly degraded. I have a few theories but I would like to know exactly what happened.

That's just my first one I have about two others.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 03:51 PM
I wanted to know why, if the asylum was working fifty years ago, it seemed to be running in the vaults. Does that make them over... what? 80? 90? How old are these people?

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Wow, that's pretty complex, and Of coarse they all think the asylum is open as fred said in that cutscene" Don't worry. This place shut down years ago" and Fred definitly worked with Edgar because Edgar called Fred Mr. Orderly in that same cutscene.

Klia
09-29-2005, 03:56 PM
I figured out there age. Assuming that Fred is around 30 he would be 80.

Fred: 80
Gloria:70
Edgar:80
Boyd:85-90
Crispin:90

They're immortal.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 03:57 PM
OMGWTFHOWCOULDTHISBEEEEEEE?

What do they eat?

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
No, Dr. Loboto is secretly also a plastic sergon and gives them botox.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Oh, okay. No wonder Gloria is always smiling...

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:02 PM
OMG I hate this thread already.

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 04:04 PM
well, they might just eat the crows always flyin' around. Or edgar's artwork is their meal of choice.

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:06 PM
OMG I hate this thread already.

Well here I got more for you.

Napolean
Assuming that this is really Napolean and not Fred's imagination, why would he waste Fred's life trying to make him a fighter. If he really wanted to carry on his line all he would have to do is force Fred to marry a woman and then once Fred became a father he would raise the baby as a war-lord.

Seriously, Fred is a loser, he has no chance of finding a girl on his own after he came out of the insane asylum.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Yummy, pastel.

Okay. Another one. One that has been brought up over and over and has generally died...

What happened to Loboto?

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 04:07 PM
No way!!! If it won't work out in the end with me and Smon, I'll marry him if Milla has already tken her claim.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Well here I got more for you.

Napolean
Assuming that this is really Napolean and not Fred's imagination, why would he waste Fred's life trying to make him a fighter. If he really wanted to carry on his line all he would have to do is force Fred to marry a woman and then once Fred became a father he would raise the baby as a war-lord.

Seriously, Fred is a loser, he has no chance of finding a girl on his own after he came out of the insane asylum.
Because then the level wouldn't exist, and we love him.

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Yummy, pastel.

Okay. Another one. One that has been brought up over and over and has generally died...

What happened to Loboto?

I think this depends on the sequel. If there is a sequel we will probably hear that he is alive in one of the bullitens or something.

Because then the level wouldn't exist, and we love him.
Aww...if only he was more than a few pixels on the screen.

However I still feel that Naploean should have done that. That's what I would have done, found him a chick while he still had some normal factor left to him.

No way!!! If it won't work out in the end with me and Smon, I'll marry him if Milla has already tken her claim.
Marry Who?

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Fred. She'll marry Fred.

All I've got is NO ONE TO LOVE.

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Fred. She'll marry Fred.

All I've got is NO ONE TO LOVE.

My brain cannot process this thought..I am dedicated only to analyzing not inferencing.

I love you PurpleSquid..in a platonic way.

And yes you do, Brother Blood.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Yes, but he's crazy. And he's always surrounded by spandex clad girls. I can't compete. Though I do have a Sith cape...

I hearts you too.

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Gloria

How did Crispin know that Gloria would not run away. I know that she is obsessed with the theater and has mood swings but that wouldn't stop her from simply walking out to "perform" at other "theaters". (I like quotations)

Wouldn't he at least put her in a jacket?

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Darn, you beat me to it. I'll either Marry Sasha or Fred cause they're both hot!!!but I'd marry Sasha before Fred!!

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Gloria

How did Crispin know that Gloria would not run away. I know that she is obsessed with the theater and has mood swings but that wouldn't stop her from simply walking out to "perform" at other "theaters". (I like quotations)

Wouldn't he at least put her in a jacket?
Maybe this game, no matter how beautiful, has a few... plot holes?

I'm buying me some spandex.

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Klia- Hmm...all good questions. Now you have me wondering. O_o I'll be forever wondering now!

Actually, I was a bit bothered by a lot of the things you mentioned in your first post, but you also brought up some NEW questions...

Oh, the mysteries.

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Maybe this game, no matter how beautiful, has a few... plot holes?

I'm buying me some spandex.

Impossible. It had no plot holes, they are all immortal, Gloria had no possible way of leaving, Loboto died, and Naploean had no urge to continue his lineage.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:28 PM
...FINE.
But plot holes=Fanfiction. The writers should have thought about that.

Spandex=RIDES UP IN PLACES. Why do I do this?

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Klia- Hmm...all good questions. Now you have me wondering. O_o I'll be forever wondering now!

Actually, I was a bit bothered by a lot of the things you mentioned in your first post, but you also brought up some NEW questions...

Oh, the mysteries.

Well I'm glad I made you think. Thinking is good when it is good thinking.

I made someone irratated by the continuity errors. HUzzah!

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:31 PM
...FINE.
But plot holes=Fanfiction. The writers should have thought about that.

Spandex=RIDES UP IN PLACES. Why do I do this?

Spandex kicks thongs ass. Spandex is extremely comfortable I find and flexible.

Thongs ride up your ass, Spandex needs to be worn properly.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Yes, but it's hard to be sexy in spandex. How do those super villain girls do it? ALL THE TIME?

ARGH. Where's Raz's mom?

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Purple Squid]...FINE.
But plot holes=Fanfiction. The writers should have thought about that.[QUOTE]

Yeah that's good thinking. I like how they left most of it open. It's confusing to think about all of their pasts. And I'm not just talking about the people in the asylum. I really want to know more about Cruller.

It leaves you thinking at the end of the game.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Eh... Cruller bored me. Dunno' why.

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Eh... Cruller bored me. Dunno' why.

I think his mind would look awesome.

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Cruller was so my third favorite charatcer.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Well, his mind would be cool, but he (his personality and such) bore me.

Maybe my spandex is too tight.

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I know I girl who actually wears spandex-like material.

It is most definintely not flattering. ><

My eyes are scarred.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Well, how else am I supposed to compete with all of those scantily clad teen villains?

And maybe if Cruller were, I dunno... funnier to me I'd like him more.

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Well, how else am I supposed to compete with all of those scantily clad teen villains?

And maybe if Cruller were, I dunno... funnier to me I'd like him more.

Cruller was funny in the ending cinematic.

To compete with those scantily clad teen villians you be your spandex wearing self.

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Hmm...yeah, I can see how someone might find his jokes to be...unfunny. Really, I don't think the jokes are actually funny, but for some reason Cruller makes them funny because it's him saying them...

He just amsues me. I like his multiple personlities, and his original personality too. I don't really know why.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:51 PM
CURSE THOSE SUPER-POWERED SKANKS!

Well, I didn't think he was that original... just your typical crazy old guy done in a different way.

I hope I start a war lolz!!!!

Klia
09-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Damnit..no pairing wars. I guess no one is really bloodthirsty on this board.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I will be! Come on! Insult someone I like!

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, I never thought he was original. I just like him. Despite his unoriginality. Because...well, just because.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Because his hair looks like a cloud? :0

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe...

His hair actually resembles Einstein's a little, I think.

Mmm...then maybe I like him because my friends in art class dubbed me Quantum Girl. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Quantum Girl.

Super hero name?

Klia
09-29-2005, 05:06 PM
..what no other nitpicks?

I have another. How the hell do you get off and on that island?

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Maybe...*shifty eyes*

We make a lot of jokes about Quantum Physics in that class...and also about glowing cats.

And somehow I became Quantum Girl.

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 05:08 PM

No idea...o_O That's why I'm wondering where in the heck Boyd and co. went, or what happened to them, after their last cutscene.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:08 PM

The power of love.

And I want the other kids to be animated better, darnit! And in the cutscenes, Crystal has shiny green eyes, but in the crappy PS2 version she has blue eyes everywhere else. Toning down, I'm sure. Her green eyes are preeeeety.

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Wow...I never noticed her eyes. Though I did notice that the animation of the other kids was a bit...lacking, or something. Or they just weren't as detailed as Raz or the more major minor [woo-hoo! an oxymoron] characters.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Sasha's hair isn't black. The water shows your reflection. Clem's hand does do freaky things at inappropriate times...

I notice a lot.

Klia
09-29-2005, 05:16 PM
The power of love? C'mon they have superpowers.

Does Crystal have a blue tooth? Or was that just some weird thing?

I love how it is Boyd and the gang.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
No, it's a gap. Both she and Clem have great teeth. =D

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
OH, SNIZZIT! Your avatar is coolio!

Klia
09-29-2005, 05:23 PM
ARGH. Where's Raz's mom?

Assuming that the picture in the Meat Cirucs (the Aquatics or something like that) is true then I would assume that she is still at the circus. Also, she could have been in one of the vaults.

Klia
09-29-2005, 05:24 PM
No, it's a gap. Both she and Clem have great teeth. =D
AHA! I knew it! My friend thought it was an eyeball.

Thank you.. I really like this avatar too.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:26 PM
An eyeball? WTF? I knew it was an awesome gap.

Klia
09-29-2005, 05:27 PM
An eyeball? WTF? I knew it was an awesome gap.

I said WTF too. My friend is here right now and is telling me she hates me. But dude, an eye?

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh! Tell your friend I hate her too.

Hi, Friend! I love you!

Klia
09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
I have got to go. Dinner.

My friend says you change your avatar alot. They like it. Brother Blood, you know?

Alright goodbye.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Buh-bye!

Your friend is awesome just for hearting my avatar(s). :3

Smon
09-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Nitpicks... nitpicks nitpicks nitpicks... hm... uh... how come the only brains capable of being concentrated through the tanks are the ones that can rebel? (IE, Oly and Raz could still control their brains after being de-brained)

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Hmmm... I have no idea. If the brains could move around after they were taken out, why didn't they just scoot away?

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Nitpicks... nitpicks nitpicks nitpicks... hm... uh... how come the only brains capable of being concentrated through the tanks are the ones that can rebel? (IE, Oly and Raz could still control their brains after being de-brained)
Darn your unmatchable logic!!! I'll kick your butt someday at somthing. Oh, and 2 days till Psychonauts Day. Are yu all getting ready. I am, stockin' up on the lipstick for the kissing booth, Dr. Loboto is doing the same thing.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Eew. Loboto in lipstick? EEEW.

KingCheez
09-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Why didn't Raz brain-hop away, then remove Oleander?

Where did the EXIT go during the mega-brain-tank phase?

How come we don't actually get to burn and toss the campers? Super so lame.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Hmmm... Maybe this game isn't as perfect as we once thought.

I want my soul back! :0

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
The game is so perfect. and besides. I love you. ~not really you stupidhead~

KingCheez
09-29-2005, 06:36 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrgaergawega !!11 11 fd dfd dfd dd d d f f f d f d f d f d f d f d d d djffjdjfjvjjfzsdfjxc fkaiwifjsjsui

Say that thirty teimes fast.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 06:41 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrgaergawega !!11 11 fd dfd dfd dd d d f f f d f d f d f d f d f d d d djffjdjfjvjjfzsdfjxc fkaiwifjsjsuiGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrgaergawega !!11 11 fd dfd dfd dd d d f f f d f d f d f d f d f d d d djffjdjfjvjjfzsdfjxc fkaiwifjsjsuiGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrgaergawega !!11 11 fd dfd dfd dd d d f f f d f d f d f d f d f d d d djffjdjfjvjjfzsdfjxc fkaiwifjsjsuiGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrgaergawega !!11 11 fd dfd dfd dd d d f f f d f d f d f d f d f d d d djffjdjfjvjjfzsdfjxc fkaiwifjsjsui

That was four. I love you too, Darth! <3 [/sarcasm]

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Everybody LOVES ME!!!! Except kingcheez, he's not allowed to love me.

Klia
09-29-2005, 06:50 PM
I is back!

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 06:53 PM
KLIA ARE BACK!

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 06:53 PM
HAHA, KingCheez. HAHA. You can't love Darth_Ave!

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 06:57 PM
no he can't. he's not worthy.

Klia
09-29-2005, 07:05 PM
KLIA ARE BACK!

Lol.

We had a long disscussion as to why Razputin was able to move his brain, as was Oleander's. It is possible that the brain is tramutized after leaving the body. Once Loboto takes them and stores them they are immobile in the liquid juice. Sorty of like paralyzing juice.

Razputin and Oleander had extreme care over their brains as they seemed to be the best psychics in the camp. Raz became a Psychonaut at the age of 10 and Oleander seemed stronger than Milla and Sasha to me at least.

Also, I think Raz jumped into the brain tank to keep his brain moist.

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 07:08 PM
moist? ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, dried out brain.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Best psychic? Oleander? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Your opinion, but I think all three of the camp's teachers are nearly equal in mental ability... Nobody was hurt in that battle, and it looked like they were going at it. Although I can see where you got your opinion from. He is very powerful, obviously.

Klia
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
moist? ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, dried out brain.

Moist brains are good. I've seen an acutal human brain covered in blood. Of course the person was dead from before and the body was used to study the human brain and organ donations...but I have seen one.

I've also seen brain oozing out of a cut in the head.

Ewww is barely a word I utter anymore.

Smon
09-29-2005, 07:12 PM
RAZ'S DAD!

Best psychic ever, three professionals strained to pick Raz up, but Raz's Dad was able to get to him despite all the chaos within the minds. Also he turned him into a wicked cool fire monster.

Klia
09-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Best psychic? Oleander? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Your opinion, but I think all three of the camp's teachers are nearly equal in mental ability... Nobody was hurt in that battle, and it looked like they were going at it. Although I can see where you got your opinion from. He is very powerful, obviously.

Every time I watch that cinematic I feel that Oleander is better. It was two against one and he was holding up pretty good. Not to mention that he was able to knock out four people at once with his brain ray. Sure it may be amplified but that takes a lot of power. (However he was tame when Raz beat him up. MAybe he had spent all his energy)

He took out both of their brain's and created a mental projection of himself in another beings mind from miles away.

He just seemed like the most formidable psychic on campus to me.

Smon
09-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Every time I watch that cinematic I feel that Oleander is better. It was two against one and he was holding up pretty good. Not to mention that he was able to knock out four people at once with his brain ray. Sure it may be amplified but that takes a lot of power. (However he was tame when Raz beat him up. MAybe he had spent all his energy)

He took out both of their brain's and created a mental projection of himself in another beings mind from miles away.

He just seemed like the most formidable psychic on campus to me.
RAZ'S DAD was able to create a projection of himself without the antenna and into the mind of one with EXTREMELY powerful mental defenses, also from miles away.

Klia
09-29-2005, 07:17 PM
RAZ'S DAD was able to create a projection of himself without the antenna and into the mind of one with EXTREMELY powerful mental defenses, also from miles away.

I always assumed that he had traveled to the camp and was right next to the brain tank as he was already at the camp when daybreak hit.

Smon
09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I always assumed that he had traveled to the camp and was right next to the brain tank as he was already at the camp when daybreak hit.
Maybe, but then how come it was so difficult? Ford is pretty good, and he is able to get into Raz's head for each Merit Badge, ya gotta figure at close distance Raz's Dad would only have a little trouble even with all the chaos going in there.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 07:21 PM
OMFG Raz's dad is a self-hating psychic. And now that I think about it, his dad was pretty damn powerful for a guy with no name.

Klia
09-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes, Raz's dad was pretty strong. We'll never be 100% sure. MAybe I'll e-mail one of them and they will ignore me.

I like nitpicking. It makes me feel like I am doing something.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Me too. It takes my mind off of the crappier things in life.

Klia
09-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Me too. It takes my mind off of the crappier things in life.

Yes! You are not sad anymore.

My neighbor's old-fashioned grandmother (who was an amazing actress in her day and the kindest person I met) told me "Laugh as much as you can as life is sad."

I know that this is off-topic and "deep" but it needed to be said.

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Awww... thanks. That made me feel good.

Klia
09-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Awww... thanks. That made me feel good.

That made me feel good typing it.

Alright.. I don't want my thread to become a Caccon Couples thread so Nitpick away!

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Alrighty then.

I HATE the PS2's graphics! The children are ugly!

DarthAve
09-29-2005, 07:34 PM
It's always raining in my mind. Ahhh!!!

TyraaRane
09-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Okay, this is dredging up stuff from the way beginning of the thread, but...so sue me. (Actually, don't. I'm broke.)

Re: the asylum inmates:
I always got the impression (or maybe this was my brain covering for the plot holes) that they came from a different asylum. Now, why Oleander felt the need to bring along everyone besides the "essentials" (Boyd, as a guard; Crispin, as a...um...elevator...person.), I don't know--my best guess is "test subjects"; to make sure the brain tanks work. Kinda morbid, but...that's the only answer I've got.

Whether they were all at the same asylum before moving to Thorney Towers, I don't know, but that's the best explanation I can give you.

Re: Fred and Napoleon:
IMHO, Napoleon is a figment of Fred's imagination. The way I see it is this--Fred knows he's a loser; he says as much multiple times. He also knows he's a Bonaparte, and that Bonapartes aren't supposed to be losers. (Well, if you ignore the whole Waterloo debacle.) He feels like he's not living up to his family name, but for the moment, that's not enough to send him off-kilter and conjure up genetic memories.

Then along comes Crispin. Fred can't even win a battle of Waterloo against him, which is the straw that broke the camel's back--now he feels like he can't even win a strategy game, something which a Bonaparte should be able to do (Napoleon being a master strategist and all that) without even thinking.

Enter Napoleon--he's not a "ghost from the past" or even a genetic memory; he's just the incarnation of Fred's desire to live up to his family name and not be a loser. (What better incarnation of that than Napoleon himself?) Fred isn't wrestling with split personalities, his desire to live up to the family name is wrestling with his natural inclination to just give up. It just...manifested itself in an, erm, unique way.

Re: Raz's Mom:
Still at the circus. If you check his memory vault in the scene where he's lifting weights and reading the phamplet, his father and several other teenagers/kids are scattered around, including a woman who looks to be about the age of Raz's father. I suspect the woman is his mother and the other kids are his brothers and sisters.

----

Whew. Now, here's the plot hole that's always bugged me...

The GPC:
When you talk to Maloof after letting him out of there, he says, "the staff hasn't put anyone in there since the 50's."

But according to the stump in the parking lot, Whispering Rock was founded five years ago, and there's no mention of another camp being in the same spot.

...Uhm. *brain explodes*

Purple Squid
09-29-2005, 09:02 PM
I figured the GPC was used to punish ANYONE with psychic abilites, not just children from the camp. Maybe I was just trying to fill in plot holes.

Klia
09-29-2005, 09:08 PM
The theory that Oleander had rounded them up as test subjects crossed my mind. I assumed that they were all from the same asylum. However if he was to use them as test subjects then would he have not taken out their brains? Wouldn't Loboto believe that he would have to take out their brains if Oleander gave Loboto control over them? It may be argued that Crispin was now overseeing the asylum but he seems to be under Loboto and would give all of them but Fred up. (As I imagine he gets sadistic glee from watching his a former higher rank get subjected to the same torture.)

What I theorize is that Loboto wanted mean brains and to get mean brains he's driving people insane. Or maybe he thinks insane brains are the good ones.

All in all, we will never know. We can just theorize.

I do agree with you about Napolean. It's strange how he drove himself to become insane over being a loser. And yet it is not as a title like that is seriously degrading to a person. It was himself beating himself up. Though I do love how sterotypical he was of Napolean with all of the basic French he knew.

The time really does confuse me. As much as I love mirky time periods it was too much of a time stretch.

TyraaRane
09-29-2005, 09:17 PM
The theory that Oleander had rounded them up as test subjects crossed my mind. I assumed that they were all from the same asylum. However if he was to use them as test subjects then would he have not taken out their brains?

Heh...when I said "test subjects," I meant for the brain tanks themselves. To make sure they actually worked before unleashing them on the world at large and all. (Because, let's face it, Oleander would look pretty dumb if he threatened to kill everyone with something that didn't actually work. "And now, I will kill you all! *fizzlepop* ...Uh, hold on a second.")

Or maybe I just have a morbid mind.

Klia
09-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Heh...when I said "test subjects," I meant for the brain tanks themselves. To make sure they actually worked before unleashing them on the world at large and all. (Because, let's face it, Oleander would look pretty dumb if he threatened to kill everyone with something that didn't actually work. "And now, I will kill you all! *fizzlepop* ...Uh, hold on a second.")

Or maybe I just have a morbid mind.

That's not morbid, that's sad for Oleander. I know I wouldn't want my plans for world domination destroyed.

Not exactly about the test subjects but more about the insanity of them.

If a person is subjected to a place where insanity is considered normal they are more likely to feel insane. Or that is the way I look at it. If Fred was around so many insane and crazy people don't you think the thought that maybe some of what they are saying is true. Maybe they really are reincarnations of other people or two people are inside of them.

Let's just say that I know this from experience and leave it at that.

Smon
09-29-2005, 09:35 PM
The test subject theory seems souns, though since the wildlife is more psychically able they would probably be more suitable.

In other news I have a new avatar that shall TAKE THE MINDS of those that cross me.

Booweewoo!

90SK
09-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Oh...oh god! Your avatar takes my mind! Arrgh!

HappyCabbit
09-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Um..about Raz's Dad [I don't have anything to contribute to the asylum discussion at the moment ^^']...didn't he ask Raz, once he had finally managed to project himself into his son's mind, this question: "And who are all these [or those, or something] unconssious people?" So I'm assuming he either saw Lili and co. laying around outside the brain tank or he just saw it somewhere in Raz's mind...but I feel like going with the former. I'm sure he was at the camp already, but I'm not sure how he would have gotten to asylum from there...O_o Ahhh, brain pain!

Hmmm. Also, in the opening cutscene, this amuses me: As Milla, Oleander, and Sasha are using telekinesis on Raz, Oleander seems to be having trouble. So, at the beginning of camp he doesn't really seem to be the strongest if you ask me. ^^' Though it was really impressive that he did seem to be holding his own against Milla, Sasha, and Cruller at the asylum. Maybe he just got stronger within a day? Or maybe he was really really determined at that point. :/

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 06:07 AM
He was trying to get into Raz's pants. I mean mind.

Klia
09-30-2005, 06:44 AM
He was trying to get into Raz's pants. I mean mind.

Well that would certainly describe his determination.

Reading over my post it sounds like I said "I know from experience as I have been driven crazy from working at an insane asylum."

No, I don't recall that. I just know what it is like to have my view on life changed by the popular opinions around me.

Hmmm. Also, in the opening cutscene, this amuses me: As Milla, Oleander, and Sasha are using telekinesis on Raz, Oleander seems to be having trouble. So, at the beginning of camp he doesn't really seem to be the strongest if you ask me. ^^' Though it was really impressive that he did seem to be holding his own against Milla, Sasha, and Cruller at the asylum. Maybe he just got stronger within a day? Or maybe he was really really determined at that point. :/

Yes! More thinking.

Maybe he was reserving his power. I mean after a day of hard scheming you're not going to be in the best of shape. Or maybe he was trying to make it seem like he was the weakest. Or it is possible that Raz is that good.

Maybe since Sasha and Milla just got their brains back in they are not going to be the most oriented. Hell, they couldn't get Lili out of her lock for hours when I played the game. So that might be it.

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 05:18 PM
You know, I REALLY wish you could interact with Milla's nightmares. This isn't a nitpick, but it would have added a lot to her, I think. The girl needs more lines, darnit. All she does is stare at Sasha during cutscenes. Maybe they could build on her in the maybe sequel?

DarthAve
09-30-2005, 05:39 PM
No, maybe there could be a psychonauts spinoff!! The Adventures of Sasha and Milla!!
That'd be awesome. Coming it stores Fall 2007.

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 05:41 PM
If they were going to make another Psycho-game, we can assume it would take another ten or so years. And it probably wouldn't be about Sasha and Milla, considering they're major-minor characters. Quote.

Now, if you will excuse me for a sec, I need to watch TNBC in French again. Oogie-Boogie sounds friggin' sweet.

Klia
09-30-2005, 07:18 PM
You know, I REALLY wish you could interact with Milla's nightmares. This isn't a nitpick, but it would have added a lot to her, I think. The girl needs more lines, darnit. All she does is stare at Sasha during cutscenes. Maybe they could build on her in the maybe sequel?

That annoyed me as well. Why couldn't we go after them? It would be cool to defeat one but have another one spring up.

However I think it is a nightmare per child and that would ruin the symbolic past like air of the whole thing.

Also Milla can control them. I wouldn't expect her to have nightmares running around like in Boyd's world.

chipmunkrfuzzy
09-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Um..about Raz's Dad [I don't have anything to contribute to the asylum discussion at the moment ^^']...didn't he ask Raz, once he had finally managed to project himself into his son's mind, this question: "And who are all these [or those, or something] unconssious people?" So I'm assuming he either saw Lili and co. laying around outside the brain tank or he just saw it somewhere in Raz's mind...but I feel like going with the former. I'm sure he was at the camp already, but I'm not sure how he would have gotten to asylum from there...O_o Ahhh, brain pain!

Oh,no. Oleanders just sufferin what I call the evil villain syndrome. Don't you notice that whenever a character turns evil they become stronger! Its sort off a cliche plot thing I guess...

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 07:35 PM
That annoyed me as well. Why couldn't we go after them? It would be cool to defeat one but have another one spring up.

However I think it is a nightmare per child and that would ruin the symbolic past like air of the whole thing.

Also Milla can control them. I wouldn't expect her to have nightmares running around like in Boyd's world.
I forgot the children part. It would be like psy-blasting babies. D:

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Oh,no. Oleanders just sufferin what I call the evil villain syndrome. Don't you notice that whenever a character turns evil they become stronger! Its sort off a cliche plot thing I guess...
That's so it's more amazing when the hero wins. X0 Silly plots.

Smon
09-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Nonono, see this was explained in COMMANDOS IN THE CLASSROOM. The brain is split into two halves, the Good Half, and the Evil Half, the good half likes good things, like pizza, self-esteem, and bringin' yer old man a cold one. While the evil half likes looting, loitering, lattering, and all evil stuff. Obviously Oleander's true psychic potential lied dormant within the evil half.

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 07:44 PM
OMFG
GOLD RUSH ERA DISEASE?!

No wonder he was evil!

chipmunkrfuzzy
09-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Uhhh...Cool?

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Mmm...

20X6! Are you looking for a CHAAAAALLLEEENGE?!

KingCheez
09-30-2005, 07:46 PM
What does Boyd's second nightmare come from?

I know the first one is because Raz intrudes and steals something and nobody knows. Boyd, being a security guard, has a horrible fear of this.

But the second one? The squirrel with a camera is a little reasonable, but not really.

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I think because it was really close to the Milkman's lair...

Smon
09-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Mmm...

20X6! Are you looking for a CHAAAAALLLEEENGE?!
I love the game...

???:I have trapped him in a wall!!! BWAHAHA!
1-Up:...You are mysterious!
StinkoMan:I'm sure I don't have to tell you what I have to do at this point... *blasts wall open*
???:NOOO! That wall leads to the NEGATIVE ZONE!!!

Renold:But how do I avoid making bad peer-2-teen choice awards?

Gunhaver:Now can you avoid teen peer whatevers now???

Gunhaver:I can't wait to see some serious pony carnage!

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Aw... I wanna watch the ponies!

And hold fire until Reinforcements gets here!

Klia
09-30-2005, 08:00 PM
What does Boyd's second nightmare come from?

I know the first one is because Raz intrudes and steals something and nobody knows. Boyd, being a security guard, has a horrible fear of this.

But the second one? The squirrel with a camera is a little reasonable, but not really.

I found it hilarious how we stole something out of a "mini shop". Basically his minature reimagining of the shop he burned down.

The second nightmare was induced by the milkman conspiracy being laid out. He figured out that the milkman was going against the G-men and that the G-men were getting closer to finding the secret. As someone who has helped the G-men find the secret, which was the dormat milkman, he became scared and you made him relive one of his other nightmares.

Of being found out.

He also seems desperatly scared of prisons.

Smon
09-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, that Boyd's a crazy one!!!

Also I found a banner ad here for IMVU, gotta say, its a pretty neat program, anyone else here try it?

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I found it hilarious how we stole something out of a "mini shop". Basically his minature reimagining of the shop he burned down.

The second nightmare was induced by the milkman conspiracy being laid out. He figured out that the milkman was going against the G-men and that the G-men were getting closer to finding the secret. As someone who has helped the G-men find the secret, which was the dormat milkman, he became scared and you made him relive one of his other nightmares.

Of being found out.

He also seems desperatly scared of prisons.
You guys are talking about the post office? He didn't burn a post office.
Maybe this French Boogie-man action is getting to my head...

And the Milkman part! Obviously he doesn't enjoy the Milkman, him having 'ruined everything', I suppose...

Boyd's mind=good noir movie.

Klia
09-30-2005, 08:13 PM
You guys are talking about the post office? He didn't burn a post office.
Maybe this French Boogie-man action is getting to my head...

And the Milkman part! Obviously he doesn't enjoy the Milkman, him having 'ruined everything', I suppose...

Boyd's mind=good noir movie.

I can imagine it now...

No, he burned down the store! Remember how the fire started in the men's department?

Klia
09-30-2005, 08:14 PM

Also I found a banner ad here for IMVU, gotta say, its a pretty neat program, anyone else here try it?

I'd look into that.

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I can imagine it now...

No, he burned down the store! Remember how the fire started in the men's department?
I know he burned the store! Silly. :3

But you stole from a post office, and I didn't get whatchoo guys was saying words about.

NOIR~!!

Boyd- I burned it down!
Lady- NO!
Boyd- And I'm your father!
Lady- NO!
Boyd- And the bad guy is my mom!
Lady- NO!

Klia
09-30-2005, 08:19 PM
I know he burned the store! Silly. :3

But you stole from a post office, and I didn't get whatchoo guys was saying words about.

NOIR~!!

Boyd- I burned it down!
Lady- NO!
Boyd- And I'm your father!
Lady- NO!
Boyd- And the bad guy is my mom!
Lady- NO!

Yes I was getting the two confused.

Purple Squid
09-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Mkay, I was confused for a second.

OMG. I'm screenshotting this Oogie-Boogie face. X~

Klia
10-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know what the bathtub was about in The Brain Tumbler? I think Quentin had mentioned it when he said "Phoebe have you been having nightmares about bathtubs." or something like that.

Purple Squid
10-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Um, it was a metaphor. It read 'Oblongata' on the side, so it was supposed to be representation of the lake.

That's what I interpreted it as.

KingCheez
10-01-2005, 12:36 PM

Tried it, it LAGS LIKE MAD

Klia
10-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Um, it was a metaphor. It read 'Oblongata' on the side, so it was supposed to be representation of the lake.

That's what I interpreted it as.

Ohh...I never made the connection.

Purple Squid
10-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, well... I just got stuck in it during a glitch. That's why I did that. Xo

Zetz Darke
10-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Someone may have already answered this...I've been gone too long...so just correct me if they have. But I have a theory on the first point. I don't think any of these people were actually admitted to Thorny Towers. I think they worked or were patients at other insane asylums and Oleander brought them to Thorney Towers. The stump said that the government paid to get ALL of the patients out fifty years before. Besides...didn't it say something about Loboto changing asylums?

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 12:13 AM
No, I don't think anyone said anything about switching asylums. If you're sure you heard that, could you tell me where?

TyraaRane
10-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Speaking of dialogue nitpicks, can anybody tell me if Chloe is in the main campgrounds (not the wilderness/GPC or the kids' cabins, which is where I've always found her) at any point? I've found a few lines of dialogue from her in the main campground sound files, but I can't find her there in the game itself...

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 12:36 AM
I've only seen her in Oleander's class, screwing around with the radio thing...

Smon
10-02-2005, 03:11 AM
I've only seen her in Oleander's class, screwing around with the radio thing...
Yeah she stays there the ENTIRE game.

Zetz Darke
10-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah she stays there the ENTIRE game.

Even in the end when she's hanging out with Bobbie Zilch OO

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I guess... he did go stand by the radio waiting for her.

Zetz Darke
10-02-2005, 09:55 AM
No, I don't think anyone said anything about switching asylums. If you're sure you heard that, could you tell me where?

Actually, I think I picked that off of someone here. -_o As I said, just a theory. Although, it almost looks like Boyd could have been in another asylum when Oleander got him. (in his memory vault.) I dunno, could just be a mistake...I think there are a few points in this story where things don't quite add up or explain themselves well.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Actually, I think I picked that off of someone here. -_o As I said, just a theory. Although, it almost looks like Boyd could have been in another asylum when Oleander got him. (in his memory vault.) I dunno, could just be a mistake...I think there are a few points in this story where things don't quite add up or explain themselves well.

Yeah, there are a few places that need explaining, but I guess that makes it seem more like a cartoon. A LOT of things happen in cartoons that no one can explain...

Oh, well. The loose ends leave everythnig open to imagination.

Zetz Darke
10-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah, there are a few places that need explaining, but I guess that makes it seem more like a cartoon. A LOT of things happen in cartoons that no one can explain...

Oh, well. The loose ends leave everythnig open to imagination.

Yup ^^

The reason we should all be swimming in Fanfiction right now.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry!

But I'm writing a G-Man/Becky story for you. Coolness, eh?

Zetz Darke
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry!

But I'm writing a G-Man/Becky story for you. Coolness, eh?

Indeed it is. Wow, I'm not sure if anyone else would ever think of that. I'll look forward to reading it, but you don't have to appologize, you've been writing fanfics. And with ff.net up now other people are actually starting to write stuff too^^ Maybe we'll even catch up to Tetris!!

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 10:12 AM
I dunno, Tetris is pretty sexy.

And EVERYONE here thought of EVERY PAIRING that could ever exist. EVAAAAR.

Klia
10-02-2005, 10:28 AM
My friend is currently obsessing over Becky and Jasper. It's kind of creepy.

And then they make fun of me liking Crispin as a character. There is a difference between liking a character and being sexually attracted to them damnit!

Zetz Darke, I agree with you on Boyd being taken from another asylum and that they were all transferred from others. Perhaps all the others were taken from Boyd's asylum as Fred knew Boyd and Edgar knew Fred. Gloria we didn't get to really hear about we just assume she's one of the group.

Wasn't Chloe in the main campgrounds where Ford is selling you things? She's setting up the anntenae?

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 10:32 AM
My friend is currently obsessing over Becky and Jasper. It's kind of creepy.

I may not have any right to say this, because I made up the Bobby/Happy Flower/Stick pairing, but...

Ewww.

And I don't think Chloe leaves the radio. If she does, she must be pretty stealthy. X0

Klia
10-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I may not have any right to say this, because I made up the Bobby/Happy Flower/Stick pairing, but...

Ewww.

Well, they think it's funny ever since we found that she was in the dark side in the ending cinematic. I'll show you it:

http://tim.grimfandango.net/psy/screens/gloria.jpg

I know it's very tiny but that's all I could find. She's right next to Bonita on the evil side.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 10:39 AM
OMFG. Why is she over there?

If you say 'Cookies!" I'll not be your friend anymore. And if we're pairing people by where they stand, it makes sense to ship Milkman/Den Mother. X3

Nitpick!- The Hand of BLABLA is spelled differently everywhere... they should stop.

Klia
10-02-2005, 10:43 AM
OMFG. Why is she over there?

If you say 'Cookies!" I'll not be your friend anymore. And if we're pairing people by where they stand, it makes sense to ship Milkman/Den Mother. X3

Nitpick!- The Hand of BLABLA is spelled differently everywhere... they should stop.

Milkman/Den Mother was not one that we did... Don't let her see that!

Well, that nitpick can be summarized in in a few words.

It's damn hard to spell.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Galacio, Gelachio...

Crazy!

Another 'stand' pairing would be Den Mother/G-Man, but I'm too busy writing G-Man/Becky fanfiction to like it. Xd

Klia
10-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Galacio, Gelachio...

Crazy!

Another 'stand' pairing would be Den Mother/G-Man, but I'm too busy writing G-Man/Becky fanfiction to like it. Xd

Post it up when you are done.

I think we like torturing our brains and inflitrating our own fandom.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Heh, brains get tortured all the time with politics and stuff.

But this brain-horror is, like, ten times cooler. :0

Klia
10-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Heh, brains get tortured all the time with politics and stuff.

But this brain-horror is, like, ten times cooler. :0
It's only fun when people know it is weird and when the pairing is weird.

TyraaRane
10-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Wasn't Chloe in the main campgrounds where Ford is selling you things? She's setting up the anntenae?

Aha! That's the bit of dialogue I found--something about an antenna. How I never found her after playing through the game four times, though, I'll never know... Oh well. Good to know; thanks.

And Purple Squid, Chloe does leave the radio. After you get the button from Sasha, drop by Ranger Cruller--she's on a ledge over to the right of him, testing space craft-type things. If you show up in the same area later (I forget when; after levitation training, I think) she's there too, with Nils.

KingCheez
10-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Where does the dialogue of Milka going "I...am the hideous hulking lungfish of Lake Oblongata!!" come from?

Klia
10-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Aha! That's the bit of dialogue I found--something about an antenna. How I never found her after playing through the game four times, though, I'll never know... Oh well. Good to know; thanks.

And Purple Squid, Chloe does leave the radio. After you get the button from Sasha, drop by Ranger Cruller--she's on a ledge over to the right of him, testing space craft-type things. If you show up in the same area later (I forget when; after levitation training, I think) she's there too, with Nils.

I found it after playing through it three times. I kept on checking to see when Crystal and Clem would get up there.

Where does she go after Nils? Is she then captured?

KingCheez
10-02-2005, 01:29 PM
A lot happens before Levitation Class.

But why then? Nobody wanders around then. Seriously.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Ohh... thanks for clearing that up. Now I know Chloe is capable of walking!

TyraaRane
10-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Okay, again with the dialogue questions. I dug up a huge conversation with Mikhail that I've never heard before, and I can't find him anywhere in the game (between looking for the lungfish at the beginning and dangling Benny in mid-air by the GPC, that is--I swear he just disappears) to confirm, so...does this sound familiar to anybody?

Raz: What're you doing? Did you find that bear?
Mikhail: Nyet. Soon. Woods not big enough for me, summer camp, giant bear.
Raz: I saw something in the woods too. I don't think it's a bear, Mikhail.
Mikhail: Agreed. Could be ape, escaped from zoo. [...]

It goes on for a while, with Raz trying to convice Mikhail the bear is actually a fish. Anybody ever run into this?

(How sad is this? I've been wading through dialogue for over twelve hours now and I'm still not done with the Whispering Rock stuff. So. Much. Dialogue! *thud*)

Zetz Darke
10-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Hehe...never ran into the Mikhail/ Raz bear thing.

Did you guys find Crystal and Clem after Raz rebrained them? That bit made me laugh.

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Hehe...never ran into the Mikhail/ Raz bear thing.

Did you guys find Crystal and Clem after Raz rebrained them? That bit made me laugh.
Yeah, it's funny to cheer on janitors.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Okay, again with the dialogue questions. I dug up a huge conversation with Mikhail that I've never heard before, and I can't find him anywhere in the game (between looking for the lungfish at the beginning and dangling Benny in mid-air by the GPC, that is--I swear he just disappears) to confirm, so...does this sound familiar to anybody?

It goes on for a while, with Raz trying to convice Mikhail the bear is actually a fish. Anybody ever run into this?

(How sad is this? I've been wading through dialogue for over twelve hours now and I'm still not done with the Whispering Rock stuff. So. Much. Dialogue! *thud*)

Apparently, I haven't found all of it yet, either. ERGH... just another good excuse to play it agian.

Zetz Darke
10-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Apparently, I haven't found all of it yet, either. ERGH... just another good excuse to play it agian.

Among so many others. ^^

KingCheez
10-02-2005, 03:26 PM

Must be cut.

His progression:

-look for bear at cabins
-look for bear at lodge
-chill with Mikhail at cabins before levitation
-Strangle Benny after levitation

I think Benny runs away from camp, to avoid Mikhail.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Mikhail is like, my favorite camper. CRAZY!

Well, Benny is in that TV room...thing...for a long time.

TyraaRane
10-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Must be cut.

His progression:

-look for bear at cabins
-look for bear at lodge
-chill with Mikhail at cabins before levitation
-Strangle Benny after levitation

I think Benny runs away from camp, to avoid Mikhail.

Actually, turns out it's not cut--I went and tracked Mikhail and Maloof down at the cabins to check on some other, unrelated lines, and found those in there, too.

(By the way, try punching Maloof when he's at the cabins. Mikhail will put Raz in a chokehold. Hee!)

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh, snap. I want to try that.

Thanks, yo.

Klia
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Was Crispin in his own jacket? I'm about 70% sure that he was but I can never tell.

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 07:33 PM
umm, I recently discovered if you punch Clem in Milla's dance party, he'll do a Michael Jackson dance. it's funny.

KingCheez
10-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Everybody moonwalks.

I also threw Clem to the top of Milla's dance party. In Milla's, you can use Telekinesis on everyone.

SO FUN.

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 07:38 PM
not Elton or Chops. they do that weird charlie brown dance where they go to one side then the other it's funny!!

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Everybody moonwalks.

I also threw Clem to the top of Milla's dance party. In Milla's, you can use Telekinesis on everyone.

SO FUN.

I. KNOW.

It is great! I threw them AAAALL onto different floors.

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 07:41 PM
wow, you're all so... creative.

KingCheez
10-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Wait. An Idea.

Human staircase. I am going to tower up all the dancers.

BRBRBRB

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
omfg.

Awesome.

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 07:46 PM
umm, you're all a little screwed up. but isn't anybody who enjoys Psychonauts a little screwed up in the head?

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 07:49 PM
umm, you're all a little screwed up. but isn't anybody who enjoys Psychonauts a little screwed up in the head?
I suppose so.

Am, Stram, and Gram! I can't get OVER that! lolololololloo!!!!!!!1

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
hahahahahaha Wooooooo Hoooooooo

Sacre' Bleu!! Dinner time!!

Be back in a few!!!!

TyraaRane
10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
You know, Chloe's moonwalking at the end of the game, too--if you watch her in the final cutscene (when all the kids are loitering in the parking lot/getting on the bus), she's moonwalking.

Yeah. When you watch that cutscene three times in a row, you notice things. (Still. So. Much. Dialogue!)

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
You know, Chloe's moonwalking at the end of the game, too--if you watch her in the final cutscene (when all the kids are loitering in the parking lot/getting on the bus), she's moonwalking.

Yeah. When you watch that cutscene three times in a row, you notice things. (Still. So. Much. Dialogue!)
I've only seen it twice. You are superior. D:

Anything else kind of secretive I should know about?

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
y did u watch it 3 times in a row, trying to spot the sexiness that is Dart?

TyraaRane
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
y did u watch it 3 times in a row, trying to spot the sexiness that is Dart?

Well, the first time, I was checking to make sure some dialogue I'd found in the sound files was, in fact, cut out of part of the last cutscene. Then I closed out of it without watching until the end, and it turned out I needed to check again on some dialogue later on...and then that happened a third time, because obviously I just can't learn from my mistakes.

So, yeah. Fun times with hunting for unused dialogue, basically. (Hey, at least I'm finally done with the Whispering Rock stuff.)

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 09:34 PM
But, were you trying to spot the sexiness that is Dart??

TyraaRane
10-02-2005, 09:39 PM
But, were you trying to spot the sexiness that is Dart??

Not really, considering I've spotted him a few times before already.

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Wow, you didn't ask me if I REALLY thought Dart is sexy.

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Do you REALLY think Dart is sexy?

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 09:56 PM
YES!!!

Purple Squid
10-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Heheh. Loser.

DarthAve
10-02-2005, 10:41 PM
I ain't no loser. The hat is pure man

Smon
10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
I ain't no loser. The hat is pure man
Is that why it was the main reason people thought he was a girl?

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Hawr. Told you so, Darth.

Klia
10-03-2005, 10:00 PM
If we are talking about sexiness why are we not talking about this:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/Kliagirl/Psychonauts/FredWearsThongs.jpg

So dissapointed in all of you.

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Woah. Porn-material. :3

Well, why aren't we talking about G-Men?

Klia
10-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Woah. Porn-material. :3

Well, why aren't we talking about G-Men?

Because you are suppoused to be writing your damn story.

I finished 1/5 of my essay for gods sake!

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 10:06 PM
I'M SORRY. I'M TRYYYYYYING.

SHUP.

DarthAve
10-03-2005, 10:33 PM
tee hee, now we're talking about the game's sexiness. fine. SASHA'S GLASSES TURN ME ON!!!

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
And X Sasha's goggles don't. )':

DarthAve
10-03-2005, 10:40 PM
no regural Sasha's glasses, accent, hands in his pocket, coldness, sence of humor, hair, pants, shors, lab, ugg, Everything about Regular Sasha is sexy!!!

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 10:46 PM
And everything about X Sasha isn't? He's the same as regular Sasha, only evil. D:

DarthAve
10-03-2005, 10:49 PM
well, you can have the Evil one, I want the good one!!and the goggles make me lose taste is the sexy beast that is Sasha Nein.

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Why do you hate the goggles so?

DarthAve
10-03-2005, 10:52 PM
they make him look like a nerd.

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 10:52 PM
XD

He is a nerd, silly.

DarthAve
10-03-2005, 10:55 PM
well, the goggles make him look over nerdy, I think the right amount of nerdiness is sexy.

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 10:57 PM
OVERLY nerdy?

Sasha?

No such thing. Besides, evil people can look weird. And he would'nt have changed enough for the picture. He'd have looked the same except for a different outfit. :3

TyraaRane
10-03-2005, 11:20 PM
they make him look like a nerd.

*refrains from making any comments regarding Raz and his goggles (which are totally Goggles of Coolness +5 anyway)*

Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 11:23 PM
*refrains from making any comments regarding Raz and his goggles (which are totally Goggles of Coolness +5 anyway)*
Thank you for accidentally bringing that up, you magical lady.

What about Raz, Darth? He's nerdy?

Klia
10-04-2005, 01:08 PM
MILKMAN

I think I have found something out. Is it possible that the media made people think Boyd had died in the fire? He is the milkman and in the beggining it shows that the milkman is dead. Then Boyd backs it up by saying that's what the media wanted everyone to think...that he died in the fire.

Also I think that the interrogation of the G-men is how Boyd was interrogated about the fire.

TyraaRane
10-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Why would the media want to cover up the fact that Boyd was still alive, though? I don't know, when Boyd says the Milkman died in the department store fire, I always thought he meant that that part of his personality "died" (or was medicated into oblivion...whatever). And "that's what the media wants you to think" is his response to the fact that Oleander "revived" the Milkman. He knows, probably subconsciously, that the Milkman's still lurking around in there, even if his conscious mind (I guess you could call that "the media") thinks it's dead.

Klia
10-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Why would the media want to cover up the fact that Boyd was still alive, though? I don't know, when Boyd says the Milkman died in the department store fire, I always thought he meant that that part of his personality "died" (or was medicated into oblivion...whatever). And "that's what the media wants you to think" is his response to the fact that Oleander "revived" the Milkman. He knows, probably subconsciously, that the Milkman's still lurking around in there, even if his conscious mind (I guess you could call that "the media") thinks it's dead.

I didn't word it all right. But yeah it was somewhere along those lines.

But adding on to what you said. When you are with the Den Mother the milkman is locked under a plane glass. What I think that symoblized is his days in the asylum how he needed to be protected from the world. Then when he awoke it was when Oleander hypnotized him.

I need to work on my essay more

DarthAve
10-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I wasn't goin' that way!! Raz's goggles are definitly sexy, Labrotory goggles arn't, but Raz and swimming goggles are sexy.

Purple Squid
10-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I'm crushed, Darth.

Smon
10-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Wow... that just rules... I mean I understand how he became crazy but taking it apart like that really helped it make sense...

Klia
10-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow... that just rules... I mean I understand how he became crazy but taking it apart like that really helped it make sense...

Things like this make me keep on going back into the game. Boyd has so many metaphors for his life.

Purple Squid
10-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Since this new question isn't big enough to start a new thread, I'd like to post something I've been thinking about for a while.

I was typing up a report for english class, and Psychonauts was the subject. I used some of the memory vault images to describe how it could explain a character without words, and when I came across Boyd's (the scene where his boss is firing him) I saw, for the first time, that he was kind of shaking his hands in a 'no' fashion. This got me thinking. Why would Boyd be fired, when he was obviously doing his job well? And apparently, he's been fired more than once. So, I thunked of a theory using all the quotes and such he says/does. Was he perhaps fired because of a drug abuse issue? He says a lot of strange quotes about drugs when he's rambling in front of Thorney Towers.

"You know my house is clean, Boss. Right?"

And of course-
"Spontaneous combustion! From the (somethingmaybe) LSD tests!"

Several drug jokes are made around him and crap like that, and he's constantly talking about his hooch. Which counts as a drug, so shup. What do you think?

Ray_the_psychic
10-17-2005, 05:14 PM
I THINK THAT'S IT AND MY PC IS WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!
I JUST HAD TO GET SOME CRAP OUT OF THE WAY... SOME O' MY PSYCHONAUTS STUFF JUST JUNK LIKE BAD THEORIES LIKE RAZ MIGHT BE A GALOCHIO OR THE EVIL DAD IS A GALOCHIO JUST PIECES O' CRAP

Klia
10-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Since this new question isn't big enough to start a new thread, I'd like to post something I've been thinking about for a while.

I was typing up a report for english class, and Psychonauts was the subject. I used some of the memory vault images to describe how it could explain a character without words, and when I came across Boyd's (the scene where his boss is firing him) I saw, for the first time, that he was kind of shaking his hands in a 'no' fashion. This got me thinking. Why would Boyd be fired, when he was obviously doing his job well? And apparently, he's been fired more than once. So, I thunked of a theory using all the quotes and such he says/does. Was he perhaps fired because of a drug abuse issue? He says a lot of strange quotes about drugs when he's rambling in front of Thorney Towers.

"You know my house is clean, Boss. Right?"

And of course-
"Spontaneous combustion! From the (somethingmaybe) LSD tests!"

Several drug jokes are made around him and crap like that, and he's constantly talking about his hooch. Which counts as a drug, so shup. What do you think?

I laughed when I first read this. However as I went on I was like "You know..that does bring up a good point."

I just took it to assume however that since he is so paranoid he got kicked out. All we saw was how much he was enjoying his job, and we have to remember that this is only his point of view. His boss probably saw it differently. He even painted his boss to be a squinty, pupiless guy.

I had this debate before. Why would they fire Boyd if he did his job? Because his take on what getting a job is different from what the norm's doing a job is.

However this is just one theory of mine. He could have been doing his job well but his boss needed to make some cutbacks...or maybe you do have something with the drugs.

Only the people who made this game know.

Purple Squid
10-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Finally, I bring up a good point. And I seriously thought about it all day.

His squinty, pupiless boss could've been a very jerkish guy in general, but that doesn't explain the drug thing to me.

Maybe it's because drug jokes are funny.

Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Maybe he's on drugs? That would kinda explain why he's so damn retarded and insane?

Klia
10-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Maybe he's on drugs? That would kinda explain why he's so damn retarded and insane?

Yeah...we kind of just said that.

Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 03:55 PM
No, OK well maybe I havn't been in this thread fo' a while.

Corpse Child
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
I think the drug addiction theory is probable, even though this may look like a kids game we of course know it is not. Of course, drug jokes are funny sometimes, especially when the true answer is false. IE: "Raz thinks he's a better psychonaut than we psychonaut-trainees, he's on something." Something akin to that.

Of course, as you said, he could be on drugs, and maybe not just the prescribed ones but other kinds because his mind thinks that if one drug gets one kind of reaction from his brain, maybe a different kind will give him a more sane approach. Or something?

Or am I missing it completely? I really didn't want to read through all six pages of this thread, but I got to page three. :/

Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 04:53 PM
I think the drug addiction theory is probable, even though this may look like a kids game we of course know it is not. Of course, drug jokes are funny sometimes, especially when the true answer is false. IE: "Raz thinks he's a better psychonaut than we psychonaut-trainees, he's on something." Something akin to that.

Of course, as you said, he could be on drugs, and maybe not just the prescribed ones but other kinds because his mind thinks that if one drug gets one kind of reaction from his brain, maybe a different kind will give him a more sane approach. Or something?

Or am I missing it completely? I really didn't want to read through all six pages of this thread, but I got to page three. :/

I gathered this theory from his comments in front of the asylum. He talks about LSD, a drug that changes someones personality and makes them jumpy and stuff. Of course, he could've ALWAYS been jumpy and the gov thought he was on drugs.

Always open for interpretation, I suppose.

Klia
10-18-2005, 04:56 PM

The above comments were the only drug references.

It's very hard for me to imagine Boyd taking illegal drugs like cocaine or anything like that. It just doesn't fit into the world of Psychonauts for me. However if it was a stab at such things like Prozac then I can take it.

Still, I have a very hard time imagining him taking drugs. To me he always seemed to have this psychotic edge to him. Take for example burning down the store part. He became so desperate when he was fired that he burned down the store but when he went into the asylum it seemed to me that he had no clue why he was there. I think subconciously he knew but he was trying to convice himself he wasn't and he was blaming it on others, that there was something more intricate behind the act that someone had made him burn down the store.

Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 04:59 PM
I can't believe it that is brilliant (not that it's brilliant the fact that it was pure genius)

Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 05:00 PM
The above comments were the only drug references.

It's very hard for me to imagine Boyd taking illegal drugs like cocaine or anything like that. It just doesn't fit into the world of Psychonauts for me. However if it was a stab at such things like Prozac then I can take it.

Still, I have a very hard time imagining him taking drugs. To me he always seemed to have this psychotic edge to him. Take for example burning down the store part. He became so desperate when he was fired that he burned down the store but when he went into the asylum it seemed to me that he had no clue why he was there. I think subconciously he knew but he was trying to convice himself he wasn't and he was blaming it on others, that there was something more intricate behind the act that someone had made him burn down the store.

I really only meant alcohol. Which is pretty easy to see, for me.

But I meant the 'drug thing'... was like... his job issues would be something like 'accused of smoking the hippy salad, but not really doing it' type thing.

Cocaine? Boyd? Psychonauts? Pssht. I couldn't see actual illegal drugs in this game if I tried. Except poison, but that doesn't count right now.

Klia
10-18-2005, 05:01 PM
I can't believe it that is brilliant (not that it's brilliant the fact that it was pure genius)

Why thank you. :heart3:

Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Uh you're welcome? You must not get that comment alot by the look of the smiley.
But uh thanx for the politeness if only other people were as polite as you!

Klia
10-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I really only meant alcohol. Which is pretty easy to see, for me.

But I meant the 'drug thing'... was like... his job issues would be something like 'accused of smoking the hippy salad, but not really doing it' type thing.

Cocaine? Boyd? Psychonauts? Pssht. I couldn't see actual illegal drugs in this game if I tried. Except poison, but that doesn't count right now.

Not even alcohol. I can see him being prescribed to Prozac or Zoloft. I mean everybody's on them right now.

The "Clean" thing Boyd says never made me think of drugs. I always thought that he was conspiracing against his boss or something. Or...I don't really know.

Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Why thank you. :heart3:

Hey! I love you, too!

You never use that smiley on me. And I heart you all the time, dawg.

Hmm... I found another theory I may want to post...

Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Not even alcohol. I can see him being prescribed to Prozac or Zoloft. I mean everybody's on them right now.

The "Clean" thing Boyd says never made me think of drugs. I always thought that he was conspiracing against his boss or something. Or...I don't really know.

Eh, well. To every man his own. I always associated 'my house is clean' with drugs. But only because of Grissom.

Klia
10-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey! I love you, too!

You never use that smiley on me. And I heart you all the time, dawg.

Hmm... I found another theory I may want to post...

That's because I just found that smiley damnit!

Post the theory and the board shall speculate.

Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah I think I'm w/ Klia here 'cause I mean he fired Boyd and Boyd burned down tha place so it could be the second conspiracy in Boyd's mind?

Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 05:12 PM
That's because I just found that smiley damnit!

Post the theory and the board shall speculate.

I'm going to clean it up and make it pretty, first. I like pretty writings.

Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah I think I'm w/ Klia here 'cause I mean he fired Boyd and Boyd burned down tha place so it could be the second conspiracy in Boyd's mind?

No, I meant that his boss thought he could've been abusing drugs. Not that he actually was.

And the first conspiracy is...?

Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 05:15 PM
So do I but I'm a messy writer so I just do it on the computer. hehehehehehehe!
Okay enough of the insane laughing and does anyone here like rap?