PDA

View Full Version : Favourite KotOR music

The Doctor
10-01-2005, 11:49 PM
What is your favourite song from KotOR? I don't need names, just the area the song is from. My favourites are (in order): Malak's theme (Duel to the Death), Bastila's theme (Bastila [duh]), and the character generation screen (Knights of the Old Republic theme). How about you?

Daveros
10-02-2005, 06:30 AM
I really, really love the 'Ruins of the Jedi Enclave' theme that you get during KOTOR II when you arrive on Dantooine (again) and enter the Upper Levels.

Other than that, nothing stands out, but it is all fantastic.

shamelessposer
10-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Bastila and Carth have the best themes. I'm also a big fan of the music in just about every cantina.

The Doctor
10-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I really, really love the 'Ruins of the Jedi Enclave' theme that you get during KOTOR II when you arrive on Dantooine (again) and enter the Upper Levels.

Other than that, nothing stands out, but it is all fantastic.

Ya, that music is cool, but I'm talking about KotOR only, not TSL.

Daveros
10-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Ya, that music is cool, but I'm talking about KotOR only, not TSL.

I'll be more careful next time then....................................

90SK
10-02-2005, 02:40 PM
I dunno. All the music in KotOR was epic munchies, though I always loved the under toned music that played during the first few Malak scenes (the Revan and Malak flashback scene, and when we first see the Leviathan). Also, the music when we first encounter the StarForge was absolutely awesome.

Shrub91
10-02-2005, 04:30 PM
The Hrakert Rift battle music.
The Starforge battle music.
and
The Ahto City battle music.

90SK
10-02-2005, 04:34 PM
^^^
Heh, yeah. I had forgot about the rift battle theme. Total "Jaws" flashbacks there .

Shrub91
10-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I edited my post.
BTW, i know its not KOTOR music but I like the Bando gora theme from SW Bounty Hunter (another game with Jeremy Soule's music).

My favorite music of all time?
Probably the "Moiety Theme" and "Gehn's Office" from the game Riven.

RaV™
10-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I really liked the Forge Battle music.

The Doctor
10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
The Star Forge Music was definately awesome.
I also want to make an edit to my above comment:
I also like the Dantooine Music. It's peacful, and it feels like Star Wars music to me more than anything else.

TheGreenGoblin
10-02-2005, 07:57 PM
The music that plays during the duel with Malak is definitely one of my all-time favorite Star Wars songs.

RobQel-Droma
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Probably the music that is playing when you contact General Dodonna near the end at the star forge, and I also loved that kind of peaceful, quite yet kind of mysterious (I don't know how to describe it, if you know what I am talking about, good for you) music out in the grove in dantooine, when your not in a battle.

The Doctor
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
The one while talking to Dodanna is the Knights of the Old Republic theme.

Venom750
10-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I like the music when you find out the secert and when you becoming a Jedi also the the fight with Malak

Nikos Dar're
10-03-2005, 11:13 PM
One of my favorite pieces of music in the first Knights was, when you're at Taris and inside your apartment. It was like a remix of some music from the movies, though I can't place it. But, both games have great music.

The Doctor
10-04-2005, 05:11 PM
^Ya, that's Bastila's theme, which is amazing!^

Nikos Dar're
10-04-2005, 05:53 PM
^Ya, that's Bastila's theme, which is amazing!^

Thanks, just makes me appreciate Bastila even more.

The_Maker
10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
The Malak them song and the Malak battle song.
Those were awesome ^.^

I also liked the temple summit song (which I think is also Bastila's theme song).
It kinda reminded me of the K2 Jedi Temple Upper Level song which was very mellow yet sad at the same time.

The Doctor
10-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Ya, the temple summit was Bastila's theme. And you're right, the Jedi Theme from TSL was amazing, too.

Aurora Merlow
10-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Bastila's theme was cool, but for some reason i just love the music when your walking around Taris upper city, it just fits the scenery so well

YertyL
10-05-2005, 02:29 PM
By the way, there is also some really cool KOTOR music that is not used in the game, e.g. Carth's theme. Definitely worth listening to!

MdKnightR
10-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Where is Carth's theme and how can I listen to it?

Bastilla's theme is my favorite all the way! It is what I think of in terms of music and KOTOR.

YertyL
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
It is located in the streammusic folder (just like the other music files; the filename is mus_theme_carth.wav) AND sounds cool :cool:

Darth333
10-05-2005, 03:11 PM
MdKnightR: you'll find information about sound files in this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421 (check the sound /music section)

The Doctor
10-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Carth's theme is used in-game. It's played during the battle with the Sith at the Star Forge if the Republic is winning, I think. I know I've heard it before, I just can't remember exactly when in the game.

Demon Drone
10-06-2005, 12:51 AM
I really like the music at the main menu. Very dark and mysterious!! Anyone know where I can buy a soundtrack of KOTOR and TSL music anywhere?

The Doctor
10-06-2005, 02:50 PM
No, there is no official soundtrack. You have to use a sound tool to extract them from the game, but you can only use them for personal use, as it's illegal to post them anywhere or sell them anywhere.

Darth InSidious
10-06-2005, 03:01 PM
The dantooine music from the Grove/Sandral/Matale Grounds ;)
Can't remember any other music atm...

Tim Stariynn
10-14-2005, 02:40 PM
The Sith Theme from KOTOR, followed By the Knights of the Old Republic Theme, plus several others; Dxun and Telos battle musics from KOTOR II. The Jedi Theme is also one of my favorites.

YertyL
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Is there a Knights of the Old Republic theme? Which file do you mean?

The Doctor
10-14-2005, 05:08 PM
The song played while you select your character is the Knight of the Old Republic theme.

FiEND_138
10-15-2005, 08:48 AM
I thought that was called "Revans theme". I don't have the game installed now so I can't check, but I could have sworn it was the last time I dug around in that folder.
The Malak them song and the Malak battle song.
These & the above mentioned song are mine.

The Doctor
10-15-2005, 10:07 AM
^No, Revan technically doesn't have a theme song, but one couold argue that the song played as you're talking to Malak is Revan's theme, but I beleive it's Malak's theme.

chaleur
10-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Just for the record, here's a listing of the mus_ files in my streammusic directory. Annoyingly, I can't play any of them, and will apparently need to reinstall the windows versions. There's a lot more in that directory than just these files, but thee's nothing named after Revan at all.

mus_area_acad.wav mus_area_tarisup.wav mus_bat_shadow.wav
mus_area_ahto.wav mus_area_townint.wav mus_bat_sithbs.wav
mus_area_cant1.wav mus_area_townsus.wav mus_bat_slehey.wav
mus_area_cant2.wav mus_area_valsith.wav mus_bat_tarisup.wav
mus_area_desert.wav mus_bat_acad.wav mus_bat_townint.wav
mus_area_enclave.wav mus_bat_ahto.wav mus_bat_valsith.wav
mus_area_gang.wav mus_bat_desert.wav mus_loadscreen.wav
mus_area_hrakert.wav mus_bat_enclave.wav mus_theme_bast.wav
mus_area_kash.wav mus_bat_gang.wav mus_theme_carth.wav
mus_area_out.wav mus_bat_hrakert.wav mus_theme_cult.wav
mus_area_ruins.wav mus_bat_kash.wav mus_theme_czerka.wav
mus_area_sewers.wav mus_bat_malak.wav mus_theme_malak.wav
mus_area_sforge.wav mus_bat_out.wav mus_theme_rep.wav
mus_area_shadow.wav mus_bat_ruins.wav mus_theme_sith.wav
mus_area_slehey.wav mus_bat_sewers.wav

Just discovered the reason why I never noticed the music in KotOR, too. I always play with the music off ;-). Oh well, gives me an excuse to play again. Like I needed one.