PDA

View Full Version : What strategy did you use to kill Malak?

The Doctor
10-02-2005, 04:56 PM
How did you kill Darth Malak? I used a massive amount of stims, and stopped at the end of eery combat round to use a life support pack. My lightsaber was pretty weak, so it took me a while.

The_Maker
10-02-2005, 06:28 PM
I have only fought him on an easy skill level but am playing again on normal with the hardcore mod installed so it should be a little harder ;)

Mostly I use my most powerful attack (Critical Strike, Flurry etc.) and then when I get to the 50% hitpoints mark use the gianormous amount of medpacs that I found while going through the levels of the starfroge. I just repeat the process until we have one dead sith lord. :)

BattleDog
10-03-2005, 04:18 AM
Killing him isn't hard, except that he regenerates. Since I was unable to release the jedi I had to force speed away while he regenerated, then chug medpacs until he came at me again.

Venom750
10-03-2005, 08:50 AM
i used lightning, choke, droid statis or throw lightsaber to take out the jedi in statis and then when there all gone i load up on stims and let loose with crital strike and flurry and bye bye Malak.

Bob Lion54
10-03-2005, 09:55 AM
The easiest way to defeat him is the "dancedancemalak" cheat.

I entered it to see what it did long before I got to fight Malak. Suffice it to say, when I did get to the final battle, I was in for quite a suprise.

RobQel-Droma
10-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I tried that cheat and it is nice. Right before the dialog cuts out the first time, poof! and malak is a green dancing twilek. You start dancing also, hehe... Anyways, he was ridicoulessly easy, one of the times. I had two sabers and used master flurry on him. His health went down fast. Other than that, I had drain life, so if malak got me when I was killing the trapped jedi, they healed me up. I didn't really use many stims, just a few life support packs.

I have two saved games right before malak that I haven't deleted, so I tried some things. Laying a bunch of mines right before you go into battle is nice, I mean, hey, you ain't gonna need 'em any more!! They don't do much damage, otherwise, but a lot will help a little bit. The other thing you can do, is leave one jedi alive, and then get him down enough to where he uses it. Wait until the cutscene is over, and then immediately start throwing thermal detonaters at him, you should have a bunch. I was able to throw about 8-10 at him, taking away a good amount of his health before slicing him up with my two sabers.

Kain
10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I did the same thing he does: Take a beating and suck a Jedi clean. I had Death Field(the highest rank of Drain - can't remember its name, so there were times when I'd hit Malak and 2 dead Jedi:D

ChAiNz.2da
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
hehehe... I fought him Guardian to Guardian, swapping hits pretty much...

once I beat him down, I'd immediately follow him and Drain Life the Jedi he was running towards ;) (gotta have Force Speed just to keep up with him though)

If I couldn't, then I'd drain the nearest "feeder tank", or line up a few mines while he was re-charging. Malak isn't very bright... if you stand.. you can bait him to walk through a line of mines.. if you run from him, only then he'll Force Jump you ;)

stoffe
10-03-2005, 04:24 PM
How did you kill Darth Malak? I used a massive amount of stims, and stopped at the end of eery combat round to use a life support pack. My lightsaber was pretty weak, so it took me a while.

Force Breach + Force Kill + Force Kill. Repeat until he runs out of Jedi corpses to drain. As a Consular with strong Wisdom focus he rarely made his saving throws. :)

(I usually left his Jedi Medpacks alone, since the battle would be over too quickly if he couldn't use them.)

CrudeMatter
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
I usually started by running away from him w/force speed and draining all the jedi first. then I'd get between him and the last one and get to fisticuffs... if I needed the last jedi's health/force I'd drain him or if I didn't, i'd just make sure to do it before malak needs it. No more regenerating for him. Take away his advantage first... then have a 'fair' fight. :xp:

RedHawke
10-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Force Breach + Force Kill + Force Kill. Repeat until he runs out of Jedi corpses to drain. As a Consular with strong Wisdom focus he rarely made his saving throws. :)
That's the way I whoop on poor ol' Malak as well! :D

Demon Drone
10-05-2005, 11:56 PM
When I went LS and DS scoundrel and consular I had a butt-load of mines. So I set all of them on the bridge you crosss before you confront him. I just got rid of all the Jedi with force wave or somethin for LS. You cn guess what I used for DS. But after that I ran to the minefield and he followed me right into it. He had a little sliver of life left after that cool chain reaction of explosions so I just used a strength stim and bye bye Malak!!

Greatstar
10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I am able to defeated Malak without dying. I use level 8 soldier/level 12 Jedi Guardian. I use most damageing upgrade crysal to make my DoubleBlade saber powerful. My stat:

At start, STR 16 (at level 20 I added five point to STR make it 21) DEX 12, CON 16, INT 10, CHA 10, and WIS 10. At level 20, I had Master Toughness, Master two hand fighting, and Master furry I wanted to use. I put in Death Field as my force power, no matter which side, light side or dark side, I used it to take out jedi in stasis prison after Malak drain first jedi. After I take out all jedi then I turned to Malak and defeated him, I had to use life support to keep me healed while fighting Malak instead of my force Heal, I only used it between battle.

The Doctor
10-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Malak is pretty easy, but the first file I made I literally could not defeat him. I was only level 16 with a single bladed lightsaber. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of upgrades and combat yet, so I didn't know how to upgrade my lightsaber. I also was uncomfortable leveling up my characters myself (I was worried I would make my character weak) so I used Auto Level Up. Needless to say, my character sucked.

DarthVandar205
10-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Easiest way to kill Malak. Make sure your lightsaber is fully upgraded so it is as powerful as it can be, this shouldnt be too hard at this point and you shouldve already done this and destroy all of the jedi containers in the room *except for one* so he cannot regenerate multiple times. Try to kill Malak with force storm and your lightsaber, he will run and drain the last jedi dry and will be at full health again. When he does this, use whatever health item you have to get back to full strength then go unleash all your force powers and lightsaber attacks on him until hes dead and then you can watch the final movie.

Kain
10-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Double bladed lightsabers sucked. They were the same as 2 lightsabers, but with half the upgrades. I think they were instituted for Darth Maul fanboys.

I Form X'd his monkey ass with my Soldier/Guardian.

TreeX
10-07-2005, 01:53 AM
i had 30 Thermal Dets.... obvious what i did...

Vibro
10-07-2005, 01:17 PM
My first time through I just fought him with some shields and a few life support packs.

My next few times I hit him a bit ran 'till I regained my force points and healed myself :smash:.

It took me ages to kill him my first time round.

Darth InSidious
10-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Hit him repeatedly with a lightsabre and then zap him with lightning :xp:

Jae Onasi
10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Let's see....I played LS characters
Lots of stims/shield
Thermal detonator (I had to catch him before he started running)
Force wave will actually work sometimes
Master speed to run around to get all the other jedi (you can outrun him with that)
Destroy droid all the other jedi (only takes 1 zap with that)
Adv throw lightsaber works well if you stay far enough away and have good upgrades on it
Master speed+master flurry with 2 upgraded LS works well too.
Use lifepaks instead of heal power to save forcepoints

when the heck do you guys have time to lay mines except maybe just as you enter his room??
:-) I'm usually running around like a maniac fighting him.

joshua05
10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
I...fight him tell I trigger the cutscene where
he talks about the "dead" Jedi in the containers,
and Force Drains the one Jedi to regain his health.

At that point, my Force Powers have regenerated.
Then, I run around, away from him, going in
between two containers and using
EITHER Force Storm or Drain Life.--I mean..
..Death Field (even if I am LS).

Then, after every single one of the captured Jedis
are destroyed, (I surprisingly used very little Force Points
(even when LS), I turn around to face him [Darth Malak]
and use Force Storm on him (about) 2 times. Then, I
use a grenade (either Plasma OR Frag) right when he is in melee
range. (I don't care if it hurts me...I just *press start, go to the
items menu, and use a(n) Advanced Medpac OR Lifepack
(whatever it is called), then press start, again*, and start attacking Malak with Master Critical Strike, Master Flurry, and Normal Attack (whatever it's called)...and he goes down (pretty easily, I might add!).

In the final conversation I choose the LS options (unless I'm following the DS path, and sided with Bastila on the Rakatan Temple on the Unknown World), and it is finally finished....

..Well..then there is the cut scene, the Ebon Hawk escaped from the Star Forge, and you and your party members receive medals (LS ending) ... or watch the DS ending (Reven as the Sith Lord, and Bastila as Reven's appentice)...

THEN...It ends!

(actually it doesn't) ...It doesn't end because then, you just go play KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords
(LoL)

--------
Kinda long! Oh, Well...

:newbie:
:lock:
:newbie: <<<Don't be a Newb and get your thread locked>>>

The Doctor
10-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Are you calling me a noob? Not to sound full of myself, but I've probably played the game more times than most of the people on this site. I was just urious as to how other's beat Malak.

GDI Lord
10-14-2005, 07:17 AM
I was playing LS Guardian, dual upgraded lightsabers. Force wave, force stasis (cant rem if he was immune to one of them), master flurry, when he goes to recharge, run after him and hit him with a thermal detonator then a concussion grenade, thermal detonator again then flurry. After that he had to recharge again and... Lather, rinse, repeat.

joshua05
10-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Are you calling me a noob?

I was just testing out an idea for a signature..and...trying to be funny (warning people that if you act like a newb..you'll PROBABLY get your thread locked)

Just having fun (and tryin out a sig idea) --sry for the inconvenience--

SITHSLAYER133
10-14-2005, 09:31 PM
just kicked his ass with saber saved my force powers till that stupid cutsene then i drained all the dead jedi and used the force to heal which gave me enough power to kick his bald ass to hell

Hallucination
10-14-2005, 10:11 PM
The first few times it was the "Kill them jedis first then deal with Malak method" with stims and shields. Then I played a blaster file (one of the ones from downloading from Xbox live) and used master sniper shot to 0wn him. I got a critical that did 278 dmg!

TreeX
10-15-2005, 01:15 AM
The first few times it was the "Kill them jedis first then deal with Malak method" with stims and shields. Then I played a blaster file (one of the ones from downloading from Xbox live) and used master sniper shot to 0wn him. I got a critical that did 278 dmg!

You killed him in one shot?

O_O

The Doctor
10-15-2005, 09:09 AM
^not if the most damage he did in one hit was 278. Malak has a lot of health (something like 1000+).

TreeX
10-15-2005, 04:45 PM
^not if the most damage he did in one hit was 278. Malak has a lot of health (something like 1000+).

oh yeah true. depends on what lvl difficulty u played him i suppose.

The Doctor
10-15-2005, 05:03 PM
The first time I played him on normal, the difficult every time after that.

ZeroX2
10-15-2005, 06:21 PM
I just left my character to attack while I ate some food. He died easily.

Johnny Couth
10-17-2005, 07:24 PM
I set every single mine that I ever collected on the path leading to his room, and just led him right through them. The entire battle took two seconds. Jedi Sentinals rock.

The Doctor
10-18-2005, 08:13 PM
^I did the same thing a couple of times.... It works almost too well.
BTW, Consulars are the best:D

Hallucination
10-21-2005, 12:11 AM
True, but I stunned him and shot him again and again. He ran up to a tank, healed and I shot him up again, and then after a few more seconds he was running between me and a tank and I made him heal before he could touch me.

spinkle
10-21-2005, 02:14 AM
the first time through the game, my character was horribly levelled up with no hope of beating malak, thus i completed it with DANCEDANCEMALAK (which i must say was incredibly satisfying in its own--admittedly bizarre and somewhat creepy--way)

for my second playthrough (and a lot of lessons on character management from multiple runs through TSL), i used only master speed, force immunity, and a lot of life support packs with a maxed-out treat injury level. it took a while, not having force storm, drain life, or destroy droid...

EDIT: while class support is being thrown out here, i'm all about guardians. i'd rather have extra feats than more force powers than i'm likely to use. (tho in retrospect drain life would have been nice ;))

chaleur
10-21-2005, 02:16 AM
^^ Consulars, all the way.

I usually just run around and drop random mines, while using force powers to take out the tanks. It doesn't take that long. One thing though -- it's amazing how much easier he is to defeat on the Leviathan. I always seem to be able to get him with a statis field the first time.

The Doctor
10-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Ya, it's almost impossible to get a Force Power to work on him on the Star Forge. The Leviathan was easier than any other part of the game, IMO.

MrVorlon
10-21-2005, 08:41 PM
When I play as a Guardian, I go toe-to-toe with Malak, until one of us falls. Whenever I win a round, I let him run for recharge, while I recharge myself with the Life support packs or advanced med packs. I have a ton of those, and depending on how well my PC is doing, I allow Malak to go through all the Jedi Stasis pods.

As a Guardian I prefer a higher dexterity than strength. Dominator gloves and Strength belts make up for the strength. So I can still hurt Malak, while dodging his most powerful moves. I can develop a Guardian good enough to survive Taris as a swordsman. At least I used to. Been a long time since I played.

As for the other classes, I basically load stims and get those advanced medpacks in the attack box. I destroy those Jedi capsules while running away from Malak. When he uses that throuw lightsaber move on me twice, I get mad and throw grenades. But I still keep running. Force powers don't alway work on him. I hadn;t figured out how to effectively build a Jedi Consular that can affect Malak often.

StaffSaberist
10-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Consular, Master Flurry, about 50-60 Life Support Packs, along with 100+ Medpacks, and 80-90 Advanced Medpacks. The best Single-Blade I can get. :lsduel:

The Source
12-01-2005, 06:17 PM

When I was KotOR nieve, I drained all the Jedi Knights. Then, I made a few swings at Malak. When I noticed my health dropping, I started to run in a large circle, around the bridge of the Star Forge, and I would restore my health in the process. Once I have full health, I would stop and swing at Malak again, and continue the cycle. Hit, Run, Recharge Health and Force, Hit, Run, Recharge Health and Force, etc...

RobQel-Droma
12-01-2005, 08:00 PM
I tried using force Breach, but even then, I couldn't get my force powers to work. Oh well, I guess I will have to forget about choking Malak. I can defeat him pretty easily now, anyways. Usually I have my character wearing stuff that boosts all of my skills and attributes, (Calrissian's Utility Belt for example, or Interface visor, etc.), but during the Malak fight I usually just focus on Attribute stuff.

The Doctor
12-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Wow. I thought this thread got locked down at some point. Haven't seen it in ages...

StaffSaberist
12-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I suppose I'm the only one who just maxxes out Master Flurry, healing as necessary w/life support packs, and using Destroy Droid on the captives. Curious.

RobQel-Droma
12-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I just saw that someone had replied and remembered it. Now that you say it, I don't recall seeing this thread alive for a long time either.

StaffSaberist
12-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Oops. Sorry to contribute to the ressurection. ;)

The Doctor
12-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Don't worry about it. It was already revived. Stupid Rob:xp:

Emperor Devon
12-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Malak was no doubt one of the easiest bosses I've ever fought. There's no need to use any strategy against him. Even if you have a mod to make him harder, there's still no real strategy to use.

Archon II
12-02-2005, 02:49 AM
The first time I fought him, I basically ran around in circles with Master Force Speed, placing mines behind me as I went. Then, knowning the IQ of Malak, he would just run into them as I went along. Then once, he began to regenerate himself, I'd run far away, then loop around and destroy the stasis chambers containing the Jedi. Then, back to mines! Pittiful, I know. But it works!

500th time through, I just turned on Master Speed and Flurry and hacked away. Fun.

Rain128
12-02-2005, 07:54 AM
You need to hit Malak with Stasis Field befor he casts Force immunity to make it stick....

MrVorlon
12-03-2005, 12:19 AM
You need to hit Malak with Stasis Field befor he casts Force immunity to make it stick....
...then hit him with Force Wave!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Buthros/KoTOR%202/Malak_Helpless6.jpg

PoiuyWired
12-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Well, you can't stope the first time of him using the Jedi "friends" as health bottle.

BUT, make sure you have either one of that force drain ability even if you are LS(testtube babies get no save and things). After the first Malak revival you can drain the Jedi Batteries for health, do so on every one of them first before killing Malak again so he won't heal up.

SUpposedly the destroy droid power works too, but that is such a piece of crab power, don't waste points on it.

Jamps
12-04-2005, 12:58 AM
I was a 2/18 Scout/Sentinal. Dark side also. (I forget how I did it lightside, even though I prefer Light over Dark.)

I used an Arkanian Energy Shield and a ton of Stims before the battle. After the dialogue ended, I used Force Resistence and then started using Force Storm multiple times until the second dialogue came up where he drained a Jedi. I started pounding him with more Force Powers and an occasional attack, and then casted Force Speed and drained the Jedi (I felt so guilty doing it.).

As I was draining Jedi, he caught up and started using Power Attack, getting major damage in on my High-Force, Low Vitality Sith. So, I threw down a Thermal Detonator which easily seperated us, damaging both of us. He then drained a Jedi, and I beat him down again. I cast Force Speed, drain the rest of the Jedi (and still felt guilty.) , then go over to finish the final blow. beat him down to the final dialogue, and then blamed everything on him.

Pretty good Boss Battle.

OoMandaloreoO
12-11-2005, 02:47 AM
malak is tough on hard with hardcore mod only if u dnt kill the jedi though..

Graphic
12-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Jedi Guardian:

Enable Force Speed

Power Strike with modded double bladed saber

End of Round

Tie_killer
12-21-2005, 07:25 AM
I usually use death field on the jedi in the capsule things so that I regain my health and take off one extra round of tedious combat. If you don't have death field/drain life then use lightsaber throw on them. It doesn't heal you but it does make the fight shorter.

Aayla Secura
12-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I would always run from him in Master speed and destroy all his captive jedi with Destroy Droid. Then, I would run from him and use Advanced Throw Lightsaber over and over again until he dies.

Shem
01-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Anyways, he was ridicoulessly easy, one of the times. I had two sabers and used master flurry on him. His health went down fast. Other than that, I had drain life, so if malak got me when I was killing the trapped jedi, they healed me up. I didn't really use many stims, just a few life support packs.
Here, I got a mod that will make Malak much more of a challenge.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16837.html
Have fun! :)

Vaelastraz
01-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Even on my first playthrough i was able to beat him easily. I learned master speed from the beginning and difficulty was only medium though.

Of course i destroyed the jedi.. i think noone can beat Malak without destroying them AND using medipacks xD

Nancy Allen``
01-28-2006, 11:40 PM
I have two stratergies. Stock up on life support packs and learn master flurry and improved sabre throw. With two lightsabres you can make reletively short work of him. Otherwise, try using grenades. Malak is surprisingly susceptable to them, and my character was too weak for any other tactic.

Val-Dorn
01-29-2006, 06:08 AM
The first time i didn't know that you could drain life the captives so i just went with the heal and slash strategy *Guardians Rock*
The 2nd time around i used drain life on the jedi and Malak was easy as.

RC-1162
02-03-2006, 02:48 PM
i put my level up points into strength and constitution for stronger attacks and higher vitality. my feats i put master critical stike, master flurry and master power attack. as i entered i set ALL my mines in a thick cluster and then walked up to him. i begin with flurries and power attacks once he drains one guy, i go over and destroy driod every jedi there and get regenerated. after that, i lightsaber his ass till it comes to around 100 vitality then go to my minefield. a fireworks display later, you get one charred-ass sith lord :D and i never use stims, they bug me when i run.

Swinneh
04-04-2006, 07:39 AM
I used a 5-15 scout guardian, with high dex and wis, made light work of malak. Used single lighsaber (mantle of the force), and master speed, and just master flurried my way about, if you get enough dex you always hit and he misses now and again.

I did use the revans robe mod, so that made me more powerfull but hey, its revan, he's supposed to kick butt :D

Forget about force powers thou, he's stupidly resistant to them (even thou he's a guardian o.O)

DarthZayne
04-04-2006, 04:32 PM
i kill malak in 2 hit , no glitch no cheat only good build stats and item ..

here the proof
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163284
my kotor 2 movie coming soon to.

StaffSaberist
04-04-2006, 08:10 PM
You made me use Internet Explorer to get the file! Grrr.....

I dunno, I think that sounds like a glitch to me, but I'll have to check it out.

DarthVandar205
04-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Just use force lightning on the first jedi and attack Malak so he will go recharge and then kill all the other ones except the last one and then attack Malak again and let him go drain life from the last guy and then attack Malak one last time until hes dead and then youve beaten him. Just use alot of force lightning and advanced lightsaber attacks on Malak and youll kill him quickly.

The Distorted
04-06-2006, 04:39 PM
The easiest kill I ever had was with my female LS Scout/Consular.

Force Immunity (before fight), Force Breach, Force Wave, Force Wave, Force Wave, etc...

he couldn't even remain standing - nevermind move, get close to me, or actually attack...it was amusing to say the least...

"You are an insignificant spec beneath my notice, Malak"... :xp:

JediMaster12
04-06-2006, 08:00 PM
My strategy is pretty simple in a way. Throughout the game I stock up on lifesupport and advanced medkits. I develop the stun droid to at least disable droid and have Force Stasis and Force Wave. When we first battle, the trick is to get Malak offguard by doing a Force wave. Then you mix up your attacks. Master Critical works REALLY well. I use the disable droid to free the captives and then use force waves or throw lightsaber, if I have it, and kill Malak. I know it's probably the same as everyone else but it works. If my health drops to half, I pause and admn healing. If I have to, I run to do it.

StaffSaberist
04-06-2006, 10:53 PM
You don't have to run. If you go to the inventory screen, you can apply medpacks/life support packs immediately (if you're in the middle of a combat round, it may wait to the end of the combat round to apply it)

Of course, I always have about 80 life support packs, so I just use them. LS, no stims, no mines. Just Master Flurry and the occasional pack. Takes a while, but hey, it's supposed to be an epic battle, it can at least look like it! :D

RedHawke
04-07-2006, 12:48 AM
You don't have to run. If you go to the inventory screen, you can apply medpacks/life support packs immediately (if you're in the middle of a combat round, it may wait to the end of the combat round to apply it)
This is a pure lifesaver as it doesn't take you a combat action to activate them either, at least it never seemed to in my games. :D

mimic666
04-17-2006, 01:58 AM
The easiest way I found was to wear the heaviest armor all through the game until malak and switch to StarForge robes. (Using heavy armor gives user more dexterity when removed). Then destroy the jedi tanks with lightsaber throw when malak goes to life drain another. Also load up on Advanced meds and Life packs.

StaffSaberist
04-17-2006, 02:39 AM
(Using heavy armor gives user more dexterity when removed)

... No, it doesn't... it gives more dex relative to the armor, but it wouldn't matter if you played in your undies through the game; the robes give the same bonus. It's hard-coded that way.

Henz
04-17-2006, 03:14 AM
Grenades Grenades Grenades

milo
04-17-2006, 11:12 PM
I set every single mine that I ever collected on the path leading to his room, and just led him right through them. The entire battle took two seconds. Jedi Sentinals rock.

I did the same thing. When you go into the room where Malak is, you can get pretty close to him before the cut scene starts. If you have good demolition, you can lay down like 20-some mines right at the end of that long pathway thing. When the battle starts, you just lead Malak into the mines and the battle's over.

mimic666
04-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Well Staff what I meant was Since the armor is heavier it makes the character slower until he/she gets used to the weight (which would happen by the time you fight with malak), you will be able to move quicker and able avoid Malak's attacks without armor. Well at least that's what happens when I play, but i'm not on PC Yet.

JediAthos
04-18-2006, 02:08 AM
My strategy was similar to ones mentioned above. I used drain life on the captured Jedi though he was still able to recharge twice. I also used stasis field early in the battle and at the end I just went at him with Master flurry

StaffSaberist
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
mimic, it seems faster, but all advantages are hard-coded. I suggest you try playing a game using armor less and lighter armor, then see if at the end it's any different. I promise you, it's not.

Reclaimer
04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
I actualy the first time only used the Force to kill him, but after that, I used the Mantle of the Force and Master Flurry to kill him.

HerbieZ
04-19-2006, 05:15 PM
If this were Galaxies, my mon cal would run around naked taking potshots at nearby objects. But hiss to that game now. In Kotor, all the times i've beaten Malak, i run around ballistically using my lightsaber to destroy the tanks and try to get malak snagged on the corners or one of the tanks. :)

PoiuyWired
04-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Well, shouldn't you be pistoling in those nice dancer outfits? :3

Anyhow, Beating him with no force would be harder. His multiple revive is a pain to deal with, stock up on health and nades.

Otherwise he is easy meat when you choose to destroy those "jedi-in-a-bottle" or redeem them if you are wasteful enough to get the anti-droid abilities. I prefer using a bit of DS powers even if you are LS, as the reward is great when it comes to draining up the "bottled Jedis" Too bad you don't hear them beg and scream while doing it, or it would be lovely.

BobaFettFan
04-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I never even drew my lightsaber; I just kept my distance and shot him up w/ my dual mandalorian heavy blasters.

It was loads of fun.

TSR
04-25-2006, 05:52 AM
bah. blasters becom useless on KOTOR1 after you've becom a jedi. actually, they were quite useless even before that... i just whacked him to hell and back with my oversized glowstick:)

Atris2
04-25-2006, 04:25 PM
what i did was i ran like hellll, and along the way i started destroying the tanks with the jedi in side them i used force shock. and u know he gets weaker once u start hitting him so he has 2 get the force of the jedi but before he knows it there are no more tanks left, so then u can destory, don't worry i had trouble too i beg my brother 2 help me

The_Catto
04-30-2006, 07:52 AM
i just destroyed the jedi containers then, bashed the hell out of him with my lightsaber ... can be very productive ... and the occasional use of a medpac

Canderous_ordo1
05-08-2006, 04:56 AM
i use a regenrative implant it only regenerates 2 hit points but i also use the most powerful lightsaber i can get twin blade but i got up feats to stop the missing and allways change my attacks never use the same attack twice because he learns how to miss the attacks that seems to work i find with the implant i dont really need the use of med pacs but it costs alot 85,000 credits so if you got that much credits id get one

TSR
05-08-2006, 05:51 AM
i didnt know you could earn that much, or buy anything like that. but then again, i dont play pazaak on kotor1... kotor 2 is a different story though...

Jasper_Kazai
05-08-2006, 06:44 AM
I used the "go kill all the Jedi prisoners and then just stand there and slash and force powers" method. Great way to get yourself killed if you haven't *coughusedinvulnerabilitycough*

TSR
05-08-2006, 09:26 AM
not true^^^ nady useage of master flurry and master speed, and a well timed force insanity can work wonders :)

Pabby
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
The first time around I had two uber sabers, so what I did was I beat the sh!t out of him until he went and healed, then I used a lifesupport pack or 2, put on some stims, got my force valor up, and threw a thermal detonator before force jumping on him and power attacking to death, I had to beat him like 28 times

StaffSaberist
05-08-2006, 06:32 PM
I used the "go kill all the Jedi prisoners and then just stand there and slash and force powers" method. Great way to get yourself killed if you haven't *coughusedinvulnerabilitycough*

The first time I played KotOR, I just hacked with a dbl-saber Master Flurry; I didn't even use Destroy Droid on the prisoners! Yeah, he healed himself six times and I still won. No stims, no defensive or offensive force powers. :)

TSR
05-09-2006, 07:15 AM
same as above! he really isnt that hard, but you really must have heal life. or some form of health increasing device:) since my first outing on KOTOR, master flurry has become my choice of attack against anything.

Lord_MalaKdoggk
05-09-2006, 10:33 AM
the first time thru- about 50 med packs and alot of patience.
The second time thru- lightsabre with 40 damage points, eschani sheilds/mandelorian battle armour, and destroying the regenerators before Malak could get to them (removed my armour and threw my lightsabre at them when Malak is running to them). One of these days I may use force powers to defeat MalaK. I can't remember if I used the robes from the 'star forge' replicator or not.

Canderous_ordo1
05-16-2006, 06:15 AM
its really handy with the healing implant it saves me haveing to use the medpacs and i try to advoid useing medpacs and i save all my most powerful wepons like the light saber i carry is 26/29 it really kicks his tail badly killes him in about 6 minutes

igyman
05-18-2006, 06:32 AM
First time I fought him - a lot of Medpacs, Hyper Adrenal Strength/Stamina/Alacrity/etc. and of course destroyed the Jedi containers with Force Storm (Lightning Level 3, but you know this).
Second and any other time I fought him - the invulnerability cheat.

LordReserei
05-18-2006, 07:31 AM
I just used Force Drain on the broken Jedi to draw HP, FP, then used tonnes of Medpacks and swordmanship.

As new posters keep 'bumping' this thread with small spammy +1 posts. :lock: -RH