PDA

View Full Version : Did Nemo know? *SPOILERS INDEED*

Jamps
10-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Remember in KOTOR 1, when you arrived on Dantooine there was that kind old Jedi looking across the fields of Dantooine?

Later, when the council assigns you to go to the ruins, they tell you they sent a Jedi to investigate and he never returned. When you go to the ruins, Nemo's corpse is there (with some pretty nifty stuff, but thats not the point :sithk: .) He died in the ruins.

Heres the spoiler part:

The council knew all about the Star Maps even before you arrived, along with the fact you are Revan. They just wanted you to get them, because you are the only one powerful enough. (not to mention the whole destiny thing I guess.) There was no real point in sending anybody there, let alone a nice old man.

Did Nemo know that the council was sending him to his doom? Did the council even know that he would die, or did Nemo even agree to self-sacrifice so Revan would understand the danger in this mission. Because the council DID know about the Star Maps, so there wasn't a reason to send him there to "investigate". Or MAYBE he was just playing dead, because his body wasn't even in any of the rooms! Discuss!!! :toilet1:

The_Maker
10-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Eh...
I don't know to be honest. I never really cared about that old geezer anyhow since he doesn't really affect the storyline that much...

He's like another Jolee in my opinion, some old Jedi guy who mumbles a LOT :xp:

*Meh*

TheGreenGoblin
10-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Or maybe they were hoping to get the maps using Revan's memories without actually having him have to go there, thereby raising the risk of his old identity resurfacing.

Bob Lion54
10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
No. There is no evidence that he knew who you really were. He is just a capable Jedi they felt could accomplish the task of finding out what was causing a disturbance.

Its been a while since I've played K1, but I don't think there is any mention of the council knowing the star map was there. The only thing they knew was that Revan and Malak found something somewhere that led them to the dark side. (I think they knew it was on Dantooine, but I'm not sure.)

The whole point was to try to see where your memories would take you. Otherwise they would have gone in force to the star map on Dantooine.

hehehe,I found Nemo!

The Doctor
10-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Are you sure the council knew about the Star Maps? Vandar said "We Jedi assumed that these ruinsw were simply ancient burial mouds... though perhaps they are something more..."
I don't think the Jedi knew about the Star Maps, or they would have sent someone after the Star Forge long ago.

Melly
10-08-2005, 11:01 PM
If the Council had known about the Star Maps why would they have needed Revan to go look for them? The only reason they needed Revan was because they had no idea about the Star Maps or where Revan got all the ships for her fleet: The Star Forge.

RobQel-Droma
10-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I think that all the council knew was that Revan and Malak had found something that had produced their troops and fleets. They really didn't know what it was, or how they found it, but that is where you come in. When Nemo disappeared, they realized that the ruins were dangerous. Even then, it is hard to tell whether they knew that that was where you had to go, or whether it was just a mission for you. I am sure that they didn't really know how you and Malak found the Star Forge.

Venom750
10-09-2005, 09:11 AM
I think the council knew Revan and Malak found the star map their but did not know about the defense's (ie the droids) so i think there sent him to check the area out but got butt whipped by the droid POOR NEMO

Vibro
10-09-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't think the Council knew that a Star Map was in there, like The Doctor said, they knew Revan & Malak found something in there but they didn't know what.

I always thought they sent Nemo in first (rather than you) to minimize the risk of you returning to the dark side.

Jeff
10-09-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't think the council knew what was hidden in the ruins. If they did know, and knew only Revan would be able to do it, they wouldn't have sent old Nemo to his doom.

Although, though I'm not really sure, it sounded like they knew about the Star Forge because when you mentioned it, Vandar immediately said "This news of a Star Forge is disturbing" supposdly without knowing what it was.

The Doctor
10-09-2005, 12:06 PM
^No, you told him that you found a Star Map and heard mention of something called the Star Forge. They didn't know anything about the Star Maps or the Star Forge until you told them, or they wouldn't have sent Nemo to his death and they would have tried to find the Star Forge a long time ago. THEY DIDN'T KNOW!

joshua05
10-09-2005, 02:17 PM
If the Council had known about the Star Maps why would they have needed Revan to go look for them? The only reason they needed Revan was because they had no idea about the Star Maps or where Revan got all the ships for her fleet: The Star Forge.

uh-hmm..think you mean his/her

(not trying to be rude, just want to tell some newbie that Revan could be male or female..depending on what sex you choose for your character)

The Doctor
10-09-2005, 02:40 PM
^ Judging by the username, I'd say that Melly is a girl, and therfore chose a female character in the game. I wouldn't get worked up about proper nouns. I know I use "him" whenever I refer to Revan. Don't be such a hardass, josh :D

Melly
10-10-2005, 12:14 AM

(not trying to be rude, just want to tell some newbie that Revan could be male or female..depending on what sex you choose for your character)
Considering that Doc (you don't mind if I call you that, do you?) is quite right in the fact that I'm a girl and that I played Revan as female it is simply habit that makes me refer to Revan as a female, because that's how I see Revan. Just as I'm sure you see Revan as male. I do the same thing for the Exile.

TreeX
10-10-2005, 01:03 AM
that waving smilie is soooo patronizing....

Melly
10-10-2005, 02:32 AM
that waving smilie is soooo patronizing.... If you think so then I'll remove it as that was not my intent.

But I would like to add one more thing let's not turn this thread into a gender debate.

TreeX
10-10-2005, 04:29 AM
oh. right.

anyway i dont think the council knew anything about the ruins and nemo was NOT on a suicide mission. they probably didnt send any1 earlier in fear of falling 2 the dark side like revan and sent old nemo, the relatively wise and kind and devoted to the light guy to check it out just in case they didnt need revan to.

Jamps
10-10-2005, 12:05 PM
I just have a hard time believing that the Council NEVER saw some ruins that is in their courtyard. I'm restarting my game for the PC version (my game got deleted), and when the dialogue comes up I'll see some of the things they say, maybe get a few clues to whats going on.

Nobody has addressed this, but do you guys think Nemo was just playing dead? He wasn't in any of the rooms, and he easily could have made it look like he died in front of the droid so he told you. Revan's force senses still weren't strong enough to know if he's alive, and Bastila was in on the whole shin-dig so who knows. :O

The Doctor
10-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Considering that Doc (you don't mind if I call you that, do you?)...
I'm prefer Doctor or The Doctor, but I guess I can't avoid being called "doc" can I? If you don't mind, if you're talking to someone about me, callme The Doctor, and if you're talking to me, call me Doctor (please and thank you).

Melly
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm prefer Doctor or The Doctor, but I guess I can't avoid being called "doc" can I? If you don't mind, if you're talking to someone about me, callme The Doctor, and if you're talking to me, call me Doctor (please and thank you).

No problem. :)

Anyway, the Council knew about the ruins, because Dorak says they believed them to be simply burial mounds but after Rev and Bastila's vision they realized they must have been more. They also seem surprised when they hear about the Star Forge and the Star Map.

They sent Nemo to do a preliminary invesitgation, but when he didn't return I think they realized how dangerous it was and since Revan survived it once, they decided to send Revan there again with Bastila.

TreeX
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Hah.. dangerous... 2 droids with anti-energy armour that get pounded to scrap with force powers and vibroblades.... sure dangerous XD

Melly
10-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Hah.. dangerous... 2 droids with anti-energy armour that get pounded to scrap with force powers and vibroblades.... sure dangerous XD

Well, it proved too dangerous to Nemo... XP

joshua05
10-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Those things ARE dangerous.

It takes me about 5-10 minutes to fight EACH of them, and ABOUT
10 MedPacs, for whichever character the Droid(s) are focusing most - all - of their attacks on (USUALLY my Main Character) -- -- -- I ALWAYS have:

Me, Bastila, and T3-M4

It took me double the amount of time for my current game, because I am having a weird glitch with HK and T3.

On the character select screen, when selecting T3 it shows him as a "Jedi ______" (i think sentinel), and the level up screen has it so that the Powers level-up is lit up (accessable). (but he doesn't get to use the powers) ... and you can not use any of the droid weapons AT ALL (flame thrower, stun ray ...).

REALLY REALLY WEIRD!!! !!! !!! !! !! ! !

Melly
10-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Melee weapons work best on those droids (vibroblades, vibroswords, etc.) Unfortunately the first time I played (which was also the first RPG I ever played) those droids slaughtered me, until I figured out that they probably have damage resistance to energy which is way my lightsaber didn't seem to be even touching them.

Layjock
10-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Eh...
I don't know to be honest. I never really cared about that old geezer anyhow since he doesn't really affect the storyline that much...

He's like another Jolee in my opinion, some old Jedi guy who mumbles a LOT :xp:

*Meh*

Dude! Jolee's my favorite character! He's helarious!

StaffSaberist
10-23-2005, 05:32 PM
First off, Nemo was truly dead, his body is in the room with the talking droid. Second of all,

If you have two Ion Pistols, fragging those droids is downright easy, it just takes time.

Do I think Nemo knew? Probably about you being Revan. Not about his death, though. The Jedi are not Sith; they don't send "servants" mindlessly to death.

Did the Council know? No. If they did,

they'd be off to the Star Forge right away.

chaleur
10-24-2005, 02:32 AM
^ I find it amusing what you chose to spoiler in that post, and what you did not ;-).

StaffSaberist
10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
^Revan was already spoiled without spoilers.

Anyway, the Council knew about the ruins, because Dorak says they believed them to be simply burial mounds but after Rev and Bastila's vision they realized they must have been more. They also seem surprised when they hear about the Star Forge and the Star Map

Nobody has addressed this, but do you guys think Nemo was just playing dead? He wasn't in any of the rooms, and he easily could have made it look like he died in front of the droid so he told you. Revan's force senses still weren't strong enough to know if he's alive, and Bastila was in on the whole shin-dig so who knows. :O

The council knew all about the Star Maps even before you arrived, along with the fact you are Revan

I'd say that's common knowledge by now, eh? ;)

BattleDog
10-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Just an FYI, Nemo does know who you are, If you chose the "What kind of a name is Nemo anyway?" option then he'll say, "You place too much importance on a name, its not relevant, you of all people should remember that."

Or very nearly that anyway.

The Doctor
10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
He could just be reffering to how strong you are in the Force, but I guess one could argue that...

SITHSLAYER133
10-24-2005, 09:42 PM
if they new y would wait screw using bastila to fight revan i would have used her and a fleet to take out the forge

and another thing why would u need the last map if u can get the co ords of the leviathen

StaffSaberist
10-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, why not do that? Oh, wait, I may know that one.

It's so you can tie up side plots, and to prevent you from getting to the SF before getting the XP you need.

SITHSLAYER133
10-25-2005, 01:04 AM
god i just offered my opinon for why nemo didnt no

and y would u send 1 jedi into a trap it makes no sense

Vibro
10-25-2005, 01:32 PM

I'm sure they could find out once they played the game. :smash:

RobQel-Droma
10-25-2005, 01:51 PM
The Jedi wouldn't send a man, especially Nemo, to certain death. Period. The Jedi are not like that, contrary to any other thoughts. I think what happened is, afther the Jedi manuevred you to the Jedi Enclave, they were hoping to continue with your training, while they were sending Jedi, including Nemo, to investigate burial mounds, since they knew that Revan and Malak had gone there when they were searching for the Star Forge.

They didn't know what was in there, or they didn't know all of it, otherwise they would have sent you to the planets before going in there. And they didn't know where the Star Forge was, otherwise they would have assaulted it a long time before, since they couldn't risk the daily multiplying of the Sith fleet.

TheExileReturns
10-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I believe you give the Jedi Council more credit than they are due. Is'nt this the same Jedi Council that refused to act during the Mandalorian Wars? Yeah that's right, they were waiting to see what the correct course of action to take was. And when the entire Republic was either destroyed or controlled by the Mandalorians, and the council led off in chains, then the master plan would be sprung... what that plan would be- only Vrook can say. And thanks to Darth Treya, he ain't talkin!

RobQel-Droma
10-25-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't think so, back in K1 they were actually not too bad. And Jedi just aren't like that, maybe they are a bit complacent and don't move forward; Yet, that makes it even more likely that they would not do something like that.

And what is the point about the Jedi Council refusing to act and waiting to see what the correct course of action is? That has nothing to do with sending you off to find the Star Forge. If they already knew, then why would they send you off to do something that didn't mean anything? Even if they were waiting, what was the use for you, it wouldn't have done anything, since the whole purpose would be to find out something they already knew.

The Doctor
10-25-2005, 04:29 PM
I believe you give the Jedi Council more credit than they are due. Is'nt this the same Jedi Council that refused to act during the Mandalorian Wars? Yeah that's right, they were waiting to see what the correct course of action to take was. And when the entire Republic was either destroyed or controlled by the Mandalorians, and the council led off in chains, then the master plan would be sprung... what that plan would be- only Vrook can say. And thanks to Darth Treya, he ain't talkin!
The Jedi didn't go to the mandalorian wars because they knew somehow that another war would follow if the Jedi joined this one. They could see that reckless actions would inevitably lead to the corruption of the Jedi.

BattleDog
10-25-2005, 07:52 PM
However it could be argued that if the Council had led the Jedi then Reven and Malak would not have been in charge and there might not have been any fall. The problem is that the Council sensed the later danger but did not forsee that their own refusal to act was the cause of that later danger.

The Force works like that, fate is rubbery, try to push it too far off and it just springs back further the other way.

What I was saying before is that Nemo almost certainly knew who you were, which is why he says what he does about names.

He's not the only one who knows, Juhani should know as well.

Funny that, isn't it?

The Doctor
10-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Juhani didn't know. She said to you on the Ebon Hawk after malak tells you:
"How can you be Revan? The Jedi...the one who freed me from the slums of Taris... it was you..." Mind you, this is if you go light side. If you go dark side (boo) then she says something different, but still never implys that she knew you were Revan.

Melly
10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Not to mention that Juhani says (in some of her cut content) that she never actually saw Revan. The Jedi who convinced her to join the Order was not Revan.

SITHSLAYER133
10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
im pretty sure people wouldve known that it was revan from the moment they lied on them

The Doctor
10-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Not to mention that Juhani says (in some of her cut content) that she never actually saw Revan. The Jedi who convinced her to join the Order was not Revan.
I know Revan didn't convince her to become a Jedi. THat was a female Jedi. I meant that Revan's people freed her from slavery on Taris. Sorry for the confusion.

DarthVandar205
10-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Nemo was sent by the council to the ruins because he was probably the only jedi the council had available at the time. The other jedi were probably busy training or doing other tasks. Nemo probably didnt know what to expect when he went in the ruins and was cut down by the droids before he could do anything. The only weapon he had was a lightsaber and it takes at least 3 characters or one really powerful one with vibroblades or ion blasters to take the droids down so its obviously why Nemo was no match for them.

My pet peeve with the whole Nemo thing is when you search his body after hes dead, you find BLUE jedi knight robes instead of those white/yellowish colored robes that he had on. I dont get that.

lukeiamyourdad
10-26-2005, 01:09 AM
The droids were a nightmare to fight against. Without element protection, you were at the mercy of the Carbonite projector and the Flamethrower.

It is possible Nemo knows who you are. Considering his age and the fact that he served for quite a while in the Jedi Order could have lead to an encounter between Revan and him. Of course, he was not permitted to reveal the truth.

Did the Council knew about the Star Map on Dantooine? Probably not. Did they knew about the Star Forge? Possible.
They might have heard rumors and such, of a Sith factory called the Star Forge but knew very little about it.

RedHawke
10-26-2005, 03:15 AM
My pet peeve with the whole Nemo thing is when you search his body after hes dead, you find BLUE jedi knight robes instead of those white/yellowish colored robes that he had on. I dont get that.
Simple, the body model and texture used for Nemo and some of the other Jedi are not available to be used on your PC... so they give you Blue Robes instead. ;)

Shem
10-26-2005, 04:18 AM
As for Nemo knowing if your PC is Revan. It's anybody's guess. But if I had to guess if he knew or not, I'd say he knew. I'm sure there were Jedi in on the fact that Revan is still alive and has a new identity. Others may have found out when Revan arrived on Dantooine. Bastila did speak with the Jedi Council about what happened and that Revan is here and to warn those who would recognize him/her so they would be prepared when they came across Revan.

BattleDog
10-26-2005, 05:31 AM
I think it is a given that Nemo knew, in light of you knowing who you are there a loads of hints, Vrook was really slumsy though.

TheExileReturns
10-26-2005, 12:55 PM
(Contains some spoilers)
Right, the whole theme to Kotor II is that inaction or the fear of what might happen is what doomed the Jedi Council. They were so worried about what their actions might unleash, that their inaction caused the Jedi Civil War. Even after the Jedi Civil War and after the Exile brings them evidence of the new Sith plot, they refuse to do anything- other than try to destroy the very person who can stop the Sith (namely the Exile.)

So this whole thing with the Jedi Council knowing what was in the tomb of the star map? Who knows- maybe they figured they could get to the star map without Revan's help and when Nemo failed? Oops... maybe we should get Revan to go in there and get it. The point is that the Jedi Council at this time were a bunch of bungling beaurocrats.

The Doctor
10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Simple, the body model and texture used for Nemo and some of the other Jedi are not available to be used on your PC... so they give you Blue Robes instead. ;)
That can be fixed ;). Anyway, I still don't think Nemo knew who you were, but I will admit there is strong evidence supporting the theory that he does, whil I have nothing.

DarthVandar205
10-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Simple, the body model and texture used for Nemo and some of the other Jedi are not available to be used on your PC... so they give you Blue Robes instead.

When the developers of the game made this part of the game they could have made the robes Nemo had on available to the PC, but they just didnt for some reason. I really think the items you get off of characters that have these things and that you can SEE have those items should be the same and look the same. K1 had some really limited jedi robe selection anyways, mostly just the brown, blue, red and revan/starforge variety and of course all the dark side variants of the jedi/padawan/master robes. They could have easily added the other robe to the game.

BattleDog
10-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I think that K2 demonizes the Council, I get no sense of bungling in K1. In fact, had I been given the same info as the Council I might have delayed, but not for as long.

StaffSaberist
10-26-2005, 06:28 PM
The droids were a nightmare to fight against. Without element protection, you were at the mercy of the Carbonite projector and the Flamethrower.

Like I said earlier, not really. I never take more than 10-15 damage (each) from those droids, and I have medpacks to boot. And I get Heal first. And, as I said earlier:

Using dual Ion Pistols makes it easy. Send Bastila ahead of you, and give the blaster-wielding character in your party the Ion Rifle, and you the Pistols. Set blasters to FRAG, buddy! :)

So, don't sweat those droids. My solution isn't the Jedi Way, but, heck, it works. Try it, you'll see what I mean!

SITHSLAYER133
10-26-2005, 06:33 PM
the council was slow and thats wat ultimatly cost them their lives im a lightsider but i think they should of all faught in the mandalorin ways cause that would of saved them from much greef in the long run

lukeiamyourdad
10-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Like I said earlier, not really. I never take more than 10-15 damage (each) from those droids, and I have medpacks to boot. And I get Heal first.

I know very well how to deal with them, but even with good weaponry, you'll suffer damage and slowdown from the carbonite projector and flamethrower which will amount to more then 10-15 damage. They might have aimed at your party members which might be why you never felt the damage they can cause.

Also, note that the shields will block out some of the damage dealt by the ion pistols/rifle.

That is unless you play at the easy difficulty, but even then, I don't think it's that easy.

StaffSaberist
10-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Well, I do turn down the difficulty for the Dantooine Droids, and whenever I'm hemmed in (A great exploit) but other than that, I play around normal or above. And when I play, all my party members get targeted equally. I have to heal each party member about 7 health after each battle, and a little more for me. :)

Jamps
11-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Sorry I haven't posted here in a while.

The thing is the ruins are in the courtyard. Didn't they ever think to look in them? The Jedi encourage their members to persue knowledge. Why not look in ancient ruins right in your courtyard?

I think the council probably explored it before, and knew the dangers. The probably sent Nemo there, believing he was powerful enough to destroy the droids, to make it safe for you. There was a broken droid in one of the rooms, and he could have possibly destroyed it. When they didn't hear back from him, they probably knew what happened to him. So, they decided to send Bastila with you to defend you.

Either that or he is a useless character with no real meaning to the game. :P

The Doctor
11-24-2005, 04:26 PM
^They probably felt the shroud of the Dark Side in the ruins, and forbade padawans from exploring it.
Nobody but the Jedi Council and Bastila (the rest of the Strike Tema was killed) knew that you were Revan. That's all there is to it. The Jedi wanted as few people as possible to know that Revan was still alive. They wouldn't have told Nemo unless it was absolutely necessary.

Jamps
11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't mean they told him about the whole Revan situation. I just think he was sent to clear the ruins of droids, not knowing what really is at stake.

StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 05:39 PM
But how would they know that there were droids in there? They couldn't even clear out the Kath Hounds near it.

The Doctor
11-24-2005, 07:08 PM
They didn't even try to explore the ruins. They just assumed that they were burial mounds. Typical Jedi ignorance.

zadi
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Just an FYI, Nemo does know who you are, If you chose the "What kind of a name is Nemo anyway?" option then he'll say, "You place too much importance on a name, its not relevant, you of all people should remember that."

Or very nearly that anyway.
Very close.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9127/nemo2ji.th.jpg (http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nemo2ji.jpg)

As for my own opinions....

I think Nemo knew since he had been at Dantooine for a very long time and probably met Revan when s/he was a Padawan.

As for the Burial Mounds.... I think that the Jedi knew that there was something sinister about the place but never sent any Jedi (before Nemo) to investigate. Malak mentions (in a flashback) that the ancient Jedi sealed it. Most likely what had happened was that the ancient Jedi knew of the Star Forge but chose to omit the information in their archives on Dantooine because they feared that it would corrupt anyone who found it. The only mention that they probably left for future Jedi was that it was burial mound that had negative energies.

I can't think of the Jedi who established the enclave on Dantooine but it could be speculated one of the reasons why the enclave was built near it was to keep an eye on it.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/dantooine/?id=eu
Also at this time, Jedi Master Vodo-Siosk Bass established a training center among the tranquil and mysterious ruins found on Dantooine. For generations, this praxeum trained many notable Jedi Padawans, including future Sith Lord, Exar Kun. Though it survived the Great Sith War, the praxeum was razed to the ground by Darth Malak in the decades that followed.

When the Council sent Nemo to investigate they probably didn't know the true danger of the "Burial Mounds" and only knew that Revan and Malak found something there. They probably were arrogant to think that if Revan, who was "inexperienced" could find something there then an "experienced" Jedi like Nemo would be able to find something too.

But how did Revan and Malak know about it to begin with? I think they found something at the Trayus Academy on Malachor V that sent them back to Dantooine (see the official game sites for that info). By then it seems as if Revan had fallen to the dark side but Malak might not have been since he questions Revan and tries to "convince" him otherwise. Malak seemed concerned that they would be kicked out of the Jedi if the Council knew what they were doing while Revan didn't care. It was probably during the quest for the Star Maps that Malak fell completely to the dark side.

PoiuyWired
02-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Maybe at that time Revan was like Ulic before he actually falls...

He is just given some "interesting info" ... the fall actually comes later

HerbieZ
02-19-2006, 07:04 PM
To be honest i think the placement of nemo was to pluck the heart strings a little and that is all. He was a kindly old man if you talked to him, to find him dead was a slight shock that psychologically adds up in the players mind and tells him to be currently weary. That is all.

And i have to say it...

Finding Nemo, blub blub where is my fishy son yay i fonud him blub blub.

Vaelastraz
02-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I am rather sure he knew who you are, after all he seems to be old (much older than Revan) and if you ask him "What kind of name is Nemo anyway?" He tells you something like that you should'nt judge someone for his name, and that name doesnt tell you anything about anyone. Then he said "escpecially you, above all, should know that" with a chuckle.

Oh and i wonder how a old and wise Jedi like Nemo died so easily vs the droids. After all he is not a Padawan. And why didnt he use destroy droid? :D

MrVorlon
03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
I am rather sure he knew who you are, after all he seems to be old (much older than Revan) and if you ask him "What kind of name is Nemo anyway?" He tells you something like that you should'nt judge someone for his name, and that name doesnt tell you anything about anyone. Then he said "escpecially you, above all, should know that" with a chuckle.

Oh and i wonder how a old and wise Jedi like Nemo died so easily vs the droids. After all he is not a Padawan. And why didnt he use destroy droid? :D
Remember, unlike Nemo, you're not alone. You have Bastila, yourself and Canderous/Carth. You've got Stun Droid, Bastila is probably at Disable Droid, and the third member has got Ion-based weapons or disruptors for the droid's shield.

Time for a crazy scenario:

Maybe Nemo destroyed the droid using "destroy droid" and his lightsaber, went to the machine and answered the questions wrong. (I know they're easy questions, but hell, my bro did not know what Aboreal meant!) Anyway unbeknownst to Nemo, the droid has repair capabilities and would regenerate if the victor proved unworthy of the mental challenge. The droid comes back to life and attacks Nemo with his back turned. The surprise attack crtically wounds Nemo. He manages to destroy the droid again and stumbles outside of the room. However he succembs to his wounds and collapses onto the floor. And so Nemo meets his end as so many Jedi have- in violence. The droid meanwhile once again repairs/regenerates itself and awaits a new challenger.

zadi
03-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Maybe Nemo destroyed the droid using "destroy droid" and his lightsaber, went to the machine and answered the questions wrong. (I know they're easy questions, but hell, my bro did not know what Aboreal meant!) Anyway unbeknownst to Nemo, the droid has repair capabilities and would regenerate if the victor proved unworthy of the mental challenge. The droid comes back to life and attacks Nemo with his back turned. The surprise attack crtically wounds Nemo. He manages to destroy the droid again and stumbles outside of the room. However he succembs to his wounds and collapses onto the floor. And so Nemo meets his end as so many Jedi have- in violence. The droid meanwhile once again repairs/regenerates itself and awaits a new challenger.

There was a destroyed droid in the left room. It could possibly be that Nemo destroyed that one before he is mortally wounded.

StaffSaberist
03-04-2006, 01:12 AM
(I know they're easy questions, but hell, my bro did not know what Aboreal meant!)

Neither did I, but I was able to rule out "volcanic", "barren", and that other one, so aborreal was the last logical choice left. :p

Vaelastraz
03-04-2006, 08:03 AM
I didnt know what Aborreal meant either. In fact i still dont know what it means :D
But iam not english and in german those questions were beyond easy.

@MrVorlon

The way you described it may be right. NEver thought about it like that :D

StaffSaberist
03-04-2006, 11:32 AM
From www.dictionary.com:

ar·bo·re·al P Pronunciation Key (är-bôr-l, -br-)
adj.
Relating to or resembling a tree.
Living in trees; arboreous: arboreal apes.

[From Latin arboreus, from arbor, tree.]
ar·bore·al·ly adv.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

arboreal

adj 1: of or relating to or formed by trees; "an arborous roof" [syn: arborical, arborary, arborous] 2: inhabiting or frequenting trees; "arboreal apes" [syn: arboreous, tree-living] [ant: nonarboreal] 3: resembling a tree in form and branching structure; "arborescent coral found off the coast of Bermuda"; "dendriform sponges" [syn: arboreous, arborescent, arboresque, arboriform, dendriform, dendroid, dendroidal, treelike, tree-shaped]

So, Kashyyyk is aboreal. :)

MrVorlon
03-04-2006, 12:40 PM
There was a destroyed droid in the left room. It could possibly be that Nemo destroyed that one before he is mortally wounded.
Nice one Zadi! I totally forgot about that one. :)

I didnt know what Aborreal meant either. In fact i still dont know what it means :D

@MrVorlon

Thank you. I try to let my imagination control my thoughts at times. Sometimes I get carried away.

zadi
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM

@MrVorlon

That's ok, my major in college was English and I had no recollection of the term aborreal. It was only when I played Kashyyyk did I realize what aborreal meant.

Point Man
03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Conversations reveal that Nemo did know the PC is Revanbut I don't think he knew it was a star map in the tomb. And I don't think anyone knew about the Star Forge. The council would not have sat on that knowledge and allowed Malak to build a larger fleet every day.

TSR
03-13-2006, 05:46 AM
do you not think you are all looking to deep into this? the old man died. as do many everyday. wait. thats quite tactless of me.

StaffSaberist
03-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Dark Side points earned. :D

Jae Onasi
03-13-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't think the Masters sent Nemo on a suicide mission. Doing that would have resulted in some serious dark side points for them. :D

Clone L68362
03-14-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm guessing the council didn't know about the Star Forge or the Maps, they just never explored the tombb because of kinrath/they couldn't open it. And I guess Nemo did know who he was, considering he's old and most likely recognized him.

Also, zadi, doesn't the PC head that your using have a red bow in her hair?

TSR
03-14-2006, 10:01 AM
kinrath? dont u mean kath hounds? i'm just being picky here BTW.

RedHawke
03-14-2006, 10:41 PM
kinrath? dont u mean kath hounds? i'm just being picky here BTW.
Nope Kinrath... you know, those spider like nasties? :)

Oh wait they have Kath Hounds on Dantooine too! :xp:

zadi
03-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Also, zadi, doesn't the PC head that your using have a red bow in her hair?

More on the orange/rust side then true red, but yes. ;) I modified my PC's head to have teal eyes and a blue bow. See the mod forums for a copy of it.

TSR
03-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Nope Kinrath... you know, those spider like nasties? :)
yeah, but... i dont remember any kinrath around the burial mounds. only kath hounds. Me thinks the only kinrath on dantooine are in the crystal cave. or maybe im just being stupid.... any way. fair play.

StaffSaberist
03-15-2006, 10:22 AM
You are correct, except that in TSL the keth hounds are replaced mostly by kinrath. Yes, even in the courtyard, and matale grounds. :)

TSR
03-15-2006, 11:49 AM
ah right. sorry.... i thought u were on about KOTOR1. me bening stupid then.

StaffSaberist
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey, we all do something stupid about once a day, no matter how smart we otherwise are. :D

Sable Phoenix
03-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Of course Nemo knew.

3: What kind of a name is Nemo anyway?
Nemo: *chuckle* The importance you put in a name is misleading, young one. You of all people should remember that.

Why would he say something like that if he didn't know?

StaffSaberist
03-23-2006, 10:31 AM
It's an excellent point. However, if you'll peruse the entire thread, you'll note that he can't be given credit for coming up with it; it's been brought up. Still an excellent point, though. :)

Sable Phoenix
03-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Was it really? I thought I had read the whole thread. I must not have been paying attention.

It still doesn't answer why the Council sent him there in the first place though. And frankly, breaking the life and death seals wasn't THAT hard to do, so I doubt he could have failed except on purpose. Unless maybe the carbonite droid froze him to death or something.

One thing's for sure, though, it just further highlights the Masters of Jedi Order as the manipulative pack of prevaricating hypocrites that they are.

zadi
03-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Was it really? I thought I had read the whole thread. I must not have been paying attention.

It still doesn't answer why the Council sent him there in the first place though. And frankly, breaking the life and death seals wasn't THAT hard to do, so I doubt he could have failed except on purpose. Unless maybe the carbonite droid froze him to death or something.

One thing's for sure, though, it just further highlights the Masters of Jedi Order as the manipulative pack of prevaricating hypocrites that they are.

I don't think they knew the true danger of the mounds and assumed that what ever was inside was "harmless." Nemo was a long time Jedi, experienced, and again in their arrogance probably thought he could handle himself.

I still think that Nemo was killed by one of the two droids in the left room since there is a broken droid and one functioning droid. I don't think he even had a chance to access the computer.

StaffSaberist
03-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Well, I don't think they thought it was harmless. The Jedi Order doesn't survive by making such assumptions. They likely sent Nemo in as a scout, to see how deadly the mounds truly were.

Here's where the crux comes in: What was his motive for fighting at all? Take it from a human perspective: Two death robots with heavy guns shooting at you. As a Jedi, I'd know I couldn't defeat them and beat a retreat out the door. But why did Nemo decide to fight? IF Nemo knew you were Revan, then he would sacrifice himself so that the not-so-strong Revan would have a chance to make a difference in the Galaxy. After all, could you fight two of those droids at once with the low level of Force that you have? As a Guardian/Soldier, maybe. Big maybe, and the game HAS to take into account every mox of characters. Nemo knew he wasn't as important as Revan. If he didn't know who you were, then his actions make no sense. And BioWare is smart enough to know that if you want to get rid of a minor character, you ignore him completely. You don't have to elaborately detail his death; they could have tallied him as a death of the Sith bombing if they chose. So, if he didn't know, logically he'd run for it, and be alive. But he didn't. And WHY is always going to solve any mystery; why any action occurs at all.

The fact that Nemo is dead at all basically sums up that he knew who you really were.

Melly
03-24-2006, 03:18 AM
There's also the fact that Nemo went alone and you (Revan) went in there the first time with Malak and the second time with Bastila and probably someone else (in my case, Carth). ;)

StaffSaberist
03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Still, in my experience it's not an easy fight on Easy difficulty when fighting one droid unless you equip your character or someone in your party with dual Ion Blasters and have everyone else just whack at that thing, and you can still be disabled. Several times I've had to use Adv. Medpacks from inventory (which I contend IS an exploit, but one I use frequently) in order to not get K-Oed. And I'm not exactly a newbie when it comes to organizing attacks. (I've ticked off my sisters who wanted to see action, but didn't understand why I had the game pause every round)

OK, although that is a good point, it doesn't cover why he attacked. If he was alone, he had to know with his Jedi senses that he would not survive. So why would he ever bother attacking? It would be to make sure you survived.

It may have been possible for you to tackle two at once, but there were no guarantees, esp. if you were playing Hard level as a Scoundrel/Consular. Nemo knew that playing uncertainties with someone with a destiny as great as Revans was a dangerous thing. How could Nemo sleep at night if his running and living meant that the only person who could defeat Malak was dead? Because of that, he'd soon enough die anyway.

In short, he did what every Jedi is supposed to do: Value others over themselves. It was a selfless act of sacrafice that ended up making one of the biggest differences in the game.