PDA

View Full Version : Weak Force Powers

CrimeScene
10-16-2005, 02:33 PM
I got few Q's for the modders out there,

1.How hard is it to make a force power more deadly? IE= death field,should do what it says not just knock off a small sliver of HP.

2.What tools would I need to do it?

3.Were would the file be needed to change it around?

I have done some modding on other games so I am not that new to modding,but if someone could answer the Q's above would save me alot of time.

CrimeScene

Darth333
10-16-2005, 06:17 PM
You only need kotor tool and a script compiler.

The file you need to edit is k_inc_force.nss (you have to compile it with k_sp1_generic.nss as it is an included file) at line 969

SWFP_DAMAGE = Sp_CalcDamage( oTarget, nDamTest, 4 );

Right now the damage is at d4 (the dice size is where the number 4 is). You can change it to d6, d10 or whatever. You can also add a multiplier at the end such as this:

//dice size changed to d6 and added a 5 multiplier for extra damage.
SWFP_DAMAGE = Sp_CalcDamage( oTarget, nDamTest, 6 ) * 5;

If it was for me, I wouldn't add a multiplier at the end: that's way overkill IMHO but you're free to do whatever you want :D

deathdisco
10-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Keep in mind these force powers are also directed at you by your enemies. You might not want to go overboard, it may come back to bite you.

CrimeScene
10-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I have not tryed it yet,but all I want to do is make a few of them stronger,I would guess that I can just change the one's I want to right?

As far as comming back to bite me no biggie,I run though the game with alot of HP,ya I know it's cheating but seems to me that the Jedi you play is way to weak with the normal game settings for what the build him up to be.

CrimeScene