PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Battlefront 2 information.....some spoilers...look if you like

Commander Obi-Wan
10-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Single Player Modes:

Training - Basically lets you learn how to use weapons on the Geonosis map
Rise of the Empire (501st storyline)
Galactic Conquest
Instant Action (has several different types but doesn't specify)

Multiplayer Modes:

1 Flag Capture the Flag: Flag in the middle. Catch it and take it to your opponents base
2 Flag: Capture your opponents flag and return to your base while protecting your own flag
Assault: Play only as heros. This available only on Mos Eisley (sucks that they restricted it to one map)
Conquest: Capture command posts
Hunt: As we already know. Hunt down local species. For more info, check out the Wicket Blog.
Space Assault: Destroy the other teams capitol ships.

Rise of the Empire. (This is where you have to clear the specific objectives)

Chapter 1: Fall of the Old Republic - this is basically the floating words at the beginning of the movies. "A shadow looms over the Republic. The Clone Wars have torn a rift across the Galaxy. It's populace weak in allegiance and resolve. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has commissioned and elite division of clone troopers, the 501st Legion, to vanquish the separatists threat once and for all. Their unwavering loyalty to the Chancellor, combined with the Republic's desperation to see and end to the war, has set the stage for the execution of Palpatine's ultimate plan. Braving the frigid world of Mygeeto, the 501st joins Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi for the first of many crucial battles destined to shape the fate of the galaxy...

Part 1: Geonosis - Attack of the Clones
Part 2: Mygeeto - Amongst the Ruins
Part 3: Coruscant Space - A Desperate Rescue
Part 4: Felucia - Heart of Darkness
Part 5: Kashyyyk Space - First Line of Defense
Part 6: Kashyyyk - A Line in the Sand
Part 7: Utapau - Underground Ambush
Part 8: Coruscant – Knightfall

Chapter 2: Rise of the Empire - "The old Republic has fallen. Emperor Palpatine has created a new Galactic Empire to rule in its place. Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, has taken command of the elite division of troopers known as the 501st. Now known across the galaxy as Vader's Fist, the 501st strives to establish order in the name of the Galactic Empire. On the once peaceful planet of Naboo, the Emporer orders his newly armored storm troopers to stifle the seeds of rebellion in a diplomatic manager befitting the new Empire... (now you play as imps instead of clones)

Part 1: Naboo - Imperial Diplomacy
Part 2: Mustafar Space - Preventive Measures
Part 3: Mustafar - Tying up Loose Ends
Part 4: Kamino - Changing of the Guard
Part 5: Death Star - Prison Break
Part 6: Polis Massa - Birth of the Rebellion
Part 7: Tantive IV - Recovering the Plans
Part 8: Yavin 4 Space - Vader's Fist Strikes Back
Part 9: Yavin 4 - Revenge of the Empire
Part 10: Hoth - Our Finest Hour

Galactic Conquest: WAY MORE sophisticated than the original.

There are 4 different starting scenarios (one for each faction). For example if you play as the rebs you start off with Dagobah, Yavin 4 and Hoth.

It's basically as we've heard. You dispatch you fleets at different planets. If you go to a planet held by the enemy, you first battle in space and then battle on land to secure the planet. Based on your results, you get credits which can be used on two things - recruiting units and purchasing bonuses.

Bonuses are: Energy Boost (200), Extra Garrison (200), Auto Turrets (200), Bacta Tanks (400), Supplies (ammo) (400), combat shielding (400), Sabotage (600), Enhanced Blasters (600) and Leader (800) which gives you your faction’s hero for that particular planet.

You get 300 for winning a space battle. If you also capture the planet itself, you get between 500-1,000 credits.

Space Battles:

Each team has only one capital ship and two frigates. Frigates can't be boarded or controlled but they do fire automatically. In assault mode, I thought you physically destroy the other's capital ship but apparently it's based on who gets to 180 points first.

Destroy:

Ships engines (18)
Life support (18)
Command bridge (18)
Comm Array (18)
Sensor Relay (18)
Frigates (18 each)
Starfighters (3 each)
Infantry (1 each)

Here's what I can tell you so far:

* The land maps are basically what we all basically knew already:

Coruscant (Jedi Temple)
Dagobah
Death Star
Endor
Felucia
Geonosis
Hoth
Jabba's Palace
Kamino
Kashyyyk
Mos Eisley
Mustafar
Mygeeto
Naboo (Theed)
Polis Massa
Tantive IV
Utapau
Yavin 4

* The rebel shuttle in space is, in fact, the Republic Gunship as we feared. The CIS has the droid gunship from the first game and the empire has the Imperial shuttle.

* Geonosis is only CIS/Rep, Hoth is only Rebs/Imps and Endor is only Rebs/Imps. Kamino can play both!!!

* Some old maps are basically the same (Endor, Theed, and Yavin). Some are completely different (Geonosis, Kamino and Kashyyyk). Hoth is basically the same except for that little extra spot on the North. Mos Eisley looks basically the same but they may have shifted a few buildings

Heroes: Aayla Secura
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Yoda
Count Dooku
Darth Maul
General Grievous
Jango Fett
Chewbacca
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Leia Organa
Anakin Skywalker
Boba Fett
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader

None on Jedi TempleDagobah, Death Star, Jabba's Palace, Kamino, Mos Eisley, Mustafar, Tantive IV

Endor: Same stuff as BF1 (AT-ST's and speeder bikes)
Felucia: AT-RT's, Droid Tank
Geonosis: Hailfire Droid, Spider Walker, AT-TE
Hoth: Same stuff as BF1 (AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Snowspeeders and TaunTauns)
Kashyyyk: Droid Tank, STAP, IFT-X Tank, BARC Speeder
Mygeeto: IFT-X Tank / AAC-1 (Rebel Hover TAnk), AAT / IFT-T Tank
Naboo: AT-RT, AAT
Polis Massa: AAC-1
Utapau: AT-RT, AAT
Yavin 4: IFT-T, Speederbikes, AAC-1

Scout Vehicles:

Speeder Bike
BARC Speeder
STAP

Medium Assault Vehicles:

AAC-1 Speeder (Rebel Hover Tank that replaces the combat speeder)
IFT-X and IFT-T Tanks
AAT
Armored Tank Droid
Hailfire Droid
AT-RT

Assault Walkers:

Spider Walkers
AT-ST

Heavy Assault Transports:

AT-TE
AT-AT

Scout Fighters:

Republic Starfighter
A-Wing
Droid Tri-Fighter
TIE Interceptor

Multi-Purpose Fighters:

ARC-170
Droid Starfighter
X-Wing
TIE Fighter

Bombers:

V-Wing
CIS Strike Bomber (Greivous's Ship)
Y-Wing
TIE Bomber

Transports:

Republic Gunship (used for Republic and Rebs)
Droid Gunship
Imperial Shuttle

Special Vehicles and Creatures:

T-47 Snowspeeder
Tauntaun

* No maps for space battles. As a matter of fact, I haven't found any confirmed list of what the space battles actually are. This really pissed me off.
* No mention of unlockables such as Bespin, Kit Fisto or anything else that we've been speculating about around.

KTR
10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Nice info sheet!

"Assault: Play only as heros. This available only on Mos Eisley"...that sucks that there is only one level, but at least there is a level.

Darth Andrew
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Rebel gunship? No Juggernaut??? *sigh* I wonder if critics will like this game....

zerted
10-20-2005, 04:56 AM
You should have to completely destory the capital ships, not just reach 180 points.

EDIT:err, I posted this in the wrong spot...

MachineCult
10-20-2005, 08:32 AM
The Clone Juggernaught is way too big to be in battlefront, its 30 meters tall and 50 meters long. To put it into perspective the AT-TE is only 5 meters tall.

zerted
10-20-2005, 10:20 AM
The Clone Juggernaught is way too big to be in battlefront, its 30 meters tall and 50 meters long. To put it into perspective the AT-TE is only 5 meters tall.
That just makes it easier to hit... Maybe they have a really big map.

yellowblood
10-20-2005, 10:42 AM
is that it? Juggernaut? doesn't look so big. Not much bigger then the AT-TE any way.

http://home.comcast.net/~hipnotik/clonepilot/juggernaut.gif

This thread rocks, thanks!

Kurgan
10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
What's with putting the 501st legion in everything now? Lucas must really have a soft spot for these costume clubbers! (and no, I'm not jealous, just amazed!)

Commander Obi-Wan
10-20-2005, 01:03 PM
is that it? Juggernaut? doesn't look so big. Not much bigger then the AT-TE any way.

A wookie is almost have the size of a wheel...so wookies are 2-2.5 meters tall, so that's about ten meters tall....for the Jaggernaut. But, that's in the movie....it may be different than in the movie.

One thing I find rather disturbing is the fact that the campaign ends in Hoth, and not with Jabba's Palace following it and Endor finishing it.....I find that rather interesting.

And your welcome for all the information.

Ryozan
10-20-2005, 01:13 PM
And can you instantly Play Jedi in IA

Commander Obi-Wan
10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
More information:
-The AT-TE and Acklay ARE on Felucia after all but only in the story mode; not IA
-In there story mode there are actually one or two levels where you fight Empire against CIS!!! The story is that some rogue dude tries to start up the droid army again.
-The story mode is where you kill off Jedi's in the Jedi Temple with Anikan. ----Otherwise, you can only use Anakin on Mustafar in IA.
-There are also other levels where you have to kill off specific characters such as the rogue dude mentioned above and the Queen of Naboo (not Padme).
-The personal bonuses and medals for your character are used in singleplayer and multiplayer.
-Geonosis has only ONE AT-TE and (as mentioned earlier) NO Gunships. The CIS has two spiders and two hailfires like the last game to NO Geonosian Starfighter
-On Mygeeto, the AT-RT's that we see in the aussie presentation are only in story mode. The map in IA has tanks against tanks.
-Some asked about the frigates for Rebels. Usually I think it's just blockade runners but in story mode, there is one mission where you have to destroy several transports.
-Some missions in story mode ARE timed but not like the Demo.
-It appears that some space battles will also be different in story mode vs IA. Aside from the one above, the space Coruscant seems to be the one that's in the demo with multiple capital ships. According to the book, the normal space battles will have only one capital ship and 2 frigates.
-Also, Utapau in story mode plays out exactly as it does on the demo in terms of vehicles and objectives.
-There are no reinforcement counts in storymode. You just keep playing until you reach your objective

MachineCult
10-20-2005, 03:02 PM
A wookie is almost have the size of a wheel...so wookies are 2-2.5 meters tall, so that's about ten meters tall....for the Jaggernaut. But, that's in the movie....it may be different than in the movie.

Databank states that they are 30.5m tall including mast, the mast seems to be about a third of the actual vehicles height, so 20m, notice that the wookies are standing a good few meters away. The wookies are probably about a quarter of the wheels height.
lol, after seeing that .gif i can't wait for the ROTS DVD.

ParanoidAndroid
10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Unfortunetly it sounds like there making Geonosis smaller then the last game, no gunships or geonosian fighters and only 1 AT-TE? And it looks like the fears that Bespin won't be in the game are confirmed. Kind of dissapointing.

Thanks for the info anyway though.

Ryozan
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
But are Jedi Infinitly playable in IA or not?

Commander Obi-Wan
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Some of the modes seem more improves. Like Galactic Conquest is much better, and the new modes seem better too. Like hunt mode, assault, and the campaign seems to be better too.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-20-2005, 04:30 PM
And can you instantly Play Jedi in IA

Yes

But are Jedi Infinitly playable in IA or not?

Yes...you can play them again and again after you die has one of them or an ally does

Commander Obi-Wan
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Here is some vidoes a have just found...go gameplay footage http://media.pc.ign.com/media/737/737696/vids_1.html

MagnaGuard
10-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Kinda sucks that theres one AT-TE to get pounded by two hailfire droids and spider tanks on Geonosis. Maybe the CIS vehicles do less damage to it.

KTR
10-21-2005, 08:26 PM
no Millennium Falcon?

MagnaGuard
10-21-2005, 09:13 PM
no Millennium Falcon?

Probably not. It would be hard to fly because of its shape and size. But it's probably a command post for the rebs on the Death Star.

KTR
10-21-2005, 09:15 PM
me sad :(

Commander Obi-Wan
10-21-2005, 09:18 PM
no Millennium Falcon?

No there will not be any Millennium Falcon....due to the size.

MagnaGuard
10-21-2005, 09:41 PM
It sucks that the rebs gunship "blockade runner" is only a scaled down rip-off of the tantive 4.

MagnaGuard
10-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I heard that the AT-TE rear gun is only affective against infantry units. Does that it does nothing to vehicles?

ParanoidAndroid
10-21-2005, 10:01 PM
No, what it probably means is that the damage it does do to vehicles is so small that it isn't really a significant threat. In other words it can damage vehicles, but not much.

MagnaGuard
10-21-2005, 10:10 PM
What do think of reb transport ship? It's ascaled down tantive 4.

ParanoidAndroid
10-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Actually the rebel gunship is just basicly the clone gunship with a diffrent name. The blockade runner is a capital ship, a smaller support one that you can't enter, But it doesn have turrets that shoot at you, and you get points for destroying it.

MagnaGuard
10-21-2005, 10:27 PM
No its not. Just look at lucasarts.com,battlefront2,gameplay,alliance vehicules.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-21-2005, 10:42 PM
need a link http://lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#GamePlay.Alliance.Vehicles

ParanoidAndroid
10-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah I have, and it says nothing about it being the rebel transport, they don't list unit positions or mention it being a mobil spawn point like with all the other transports.

(oh yeah, thanks for the link commanderobi)

MachineCult
10-22-2005, 08:11 AM
The Battlefront II website has missed out loads of units, vehicles, weapons and planets.
Don't assume something isn't in the game because it isn't on the website.

Accept the Falcon which isn't, if it was it wouldn't be called the Millenium Falcon it would be a YT1200 Freighter (or whatever it is).

McCusto
10-22-2005, 08:33 AM
The Coruscant mission has such a catchy name!

Ryozan
10-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Is Rhen Var still in it?

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2005, 09:05 AM
No, Rhen Var is no longer in the game unfortunetly. It looks like Bepin is gone to.

McCusto
10-22-2005, 09:12 AM
No, Bespin is still in the game. Remember, it is a major Trilogy battle. Rhen Var is just an EU planet.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Well, I haven't seen or heard anything about it, but I really hope your right.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Well, I haven't seen or heard anything about it, but I really hope your right.

Yeah, so do I. But, I have a feeling it isn't in the game.

MagnaGuard
10-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, same with me.

TKA-001
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
So..........

....................the Republic Gunship goes into space???? What the heck are those LucasArts people thinking!?!

MachineCult
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I know, they made up a fighter tank for the Alliance, they could have made up a space transport as well.
They already HAD a tank but they didn't bother to create something that was actually needed with the addition of space combat.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-22-2005, 04:04 PM
So..........

....................the Republic Gunship goes into space???? What the heck are those LucasArts people thinking!?!

Then, what can they use as a transport for the Republic?

lordzack
10-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Unless the Acclimators can go into atmospheres, Gunships have to be space worthy.

Angarah
10-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Unless the Acclimators can go into atmospheres, Gunships have to be space worthy.

They can....

lol, anyway, I think it's the smart choice. The only other thing I could think of using is a Theta-class Shuttle, and thats already being used by the Imperials.

Can you guys imagine an Acclamator on a space map? Who needs to drop bombs on a Capital Ship, just ram an Acclamator into it :^:

Commander Obi-Wan
10-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Another link on BF2 info http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/f20051021/index.html

Commander Obi-Wan
10-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Mission Objectives for Rise of the Empire:

Geonosis (optional, it's a training mission)- Follow yellow objective arrow to CP Alpha, destroy droid scouts, destroy hailfire driod, captured downed Techno Union Ship, change to engineer and fix repair and ammo droids, get inside AT-TE and destroy spider walker, change to jet trooper and capture Sith Holocron on top of downed Techno Union Ship, capture command post on the cliff, change to sniper and take out 3 droids, change to heavy trooper and destroy spider walker (you can now be Mace Windu), use lightsaber to kill 10 driods, and capture CIS bunker.

Mygetto- capture forward CP, destroy particle cannon turrets (you can now play as Ki-Adi-Mundi), destroy generator to power down shield, capture northwestern CP, destroy energy collector shield generators (2) and destroy energy collector core, and acquire power crystals from core and take them back to LAAT gunships (if you die while doing this, the crystals will drop where you died).

Space Coruscant (same level from demo, except more objectives and no time)- Enter ship and launch into space (you only have ARC-170s), destroy 5 incoming CIS fighters, destroy enemy frigate, disable shields on the cruiser, destroy communications array, land ship in CIS hangar, destroy engine cooling tanks, and destroy the targeting bridge.

Felucia- Get into AT-TE and kill 6 acklay, defend AT-TE from driods (you can now become Aaayla Secura), acquire power cell, and destroy CIS defense turrets.

Kashyyyk Space- Destroy enemy frigates (2), destroy enemy heavy turrets, land LAAT gunship in enemy hangar, destroy life support and engines, and steal Kashyyyk holocron in shield generator room (if you die you have to go back into the enemy shield generator room to get holocron).

Kashyyyk- Hold beach CP for 3 mins., fall back to Wookie base, defend oil refinery for 4 mins. (you can now play as Yoda), and take over all CIS CPs.

Utapau (just like the demo)- Capture lookout CP, capture highway CP (you can now play as Obi-Wan), capture hangar 10 CP, fight General Grievous, destroy AA turrets (2), destroy ATX energy pillar.

Coruscant (Jedi Temple, yes you get to fight the Jedi)-Capture Jedi council chamber, go to the library and defend it's contents till the scan is complete, retrieve holocron from comm center and bring it to veranda (you can now play as Anakin), kill the Jedi with the holocron and retrieve it, and kill 3 Jedi Masters.

TO BE CONTINUED......

Commander Obi-Wan
10-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Naboo (you are now the Imperials, you also get to fight Naboo Guards)- Capture plaza security post, take over plaza CP, destroy central grid console, (my personal favorite here) kill the Jedi royal guard and the Queen (the Queen IS armed and dangerous).

Mustafar Space (Imperials vs. CIS)- Destroy driod gunship in your hangar and repel their assualt, destroy the driod fighters and bombers, destroy the enemy cruiser's protective shields, and land in the enemy hangar and steal a CIS Strike Bomber.

Mustafar (Imperials vs. CIS again)- Capture lava observatory room CP, take control of walkway, capture overlook CP, destroy droid prototype schematics, clear the antenna array, and kill Gizor Delsa.

Kamino (you can start off as Boba Fett if you like)- Gain entry to upper cloning facility, retrieve sample of clone DNA and take it back to shuttle, capture central platform CP, destroy the clon life support, and destroy gunships (2).

Death Star Interior- Meet up with 501st, defend the hangar, capture detention block CP, secure stolen plans, retake the fire control room CP, destroy the shuttle in hangar 856, and exterminate the Rebel leader.

Polis Massa- Capture radar facility, retreve holodisk from command, defend radar facility until uplink, destroy the databank in the cavern, and capture the hangar.

Tantive IV- Capture the barracks CP (you can now play as...do I dare say it? DARTH VADER), head to tech room and destroy security mainframes (4), get access codes and return them to tech room, and find and capture Princess Leia.

Yavin IV Space- Destroy Rebel transports (5 mins. to destroy 3 frigates), destroy Corellian frigates (2), destroy enemy cruiser's heavy turrets, and destroy enemy cruiser's engines.

Yavin IV- Capture water fountain CP, capture viaduct CP, capture reflecting pool CP, defend reflecting pool CP for 2 mins., bring breaching bomb (from top of altar) to temple doors, and destroy the Rebel leadership.

Hoth (complete in 20 mins.)- Capture outlook CP, destroy the shield generator, capture Echo Base CP (you can now play as...DARTH VADER...again), destroy shield console in the tech room, capture back hangar CP, acquire bomb beacon and place it under transport ship, and defend beacon for 1 min.

THE END

KTR
10-22-2005, 11:11 PM
You can be a Wampa?

edit:

never mind, i forgot the you can play the natives (wookies, ewoks, wampa) of each planet. That is so awesome.

I wonder if you can play as a rancor?

Commander Obi-Wan
10-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Not rancor.

Angarah
10-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Great info! Looks like the campaign certainly is going to objective-based.

McCusto
10-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Wow, the missions sound 20x better then I thought. And I thought they would be cool to begin with!

MagnaGuard
10-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Very interesting. Never would've thought you had find things and take somewhere. ex.gunships

Commander Obi-Wan
10-23-2005, 04:47 PM
I like the way it is objective-based. Though I still like too just take command posts...nice and simple.

Angarah
10-23-2005, 06:38 PM
This is much better than the original Battlefront's campaign. That was just a string of IA battles stuck together.

BTW, is there an Acklay hunting mode on Felucia? That would be pretty sweet

Also, how do you load Hunt Maps in the beta? I know you can't spawn, but what is the map name?

Commander Obi-Wan
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately, there probably isn't an Acklay in hunting mode...I heard that the Acklay is only avaliable in the Campaign.

KTR
10-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Here are all the in game pics of all the natives in hunt mode from the beta (except the wookies, map wouldnt load):
http://home.comcast.net/~kohan/natives.gif

give it few secs to load...

McCusto
10-23-2005, 07:49 PM
How do you get that? I tried the Hero mode code to see the heroes but nothing loads.

KTR
10-23-2005, 08:23 PM
How do you get that? I tried the Hero mode code to see the heroes but nothing loads.

Easy, i just made a batch file and loaded the map. To find out the maps which we included, you have to extract the mission.lvl file. Post your information of your batch file on the heros, and i will tell you the mistakes.

McCusto
10-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Kurgan told me that tat2g_eli 200 200 was the code to get the Mos Eisley hero mode map running.

KTR
10-23-2005, 08:30 PM
use this batch:

cd\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\

BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe -/win /autonet Listen /resolution 1152 864 /gamename "Heros" /tps 20 /playerlimit 18 /playercount 1 /bots 17 /noaim /password test /sideselect /difficulty 1 /heroes 1 /hrunlock 5 /hrunlockvalue 0 /hrplayer 7 /hrteam 8 /hrrespawn 0 /hrrespawnvalue 0 /pregametime 5 /voicemode 2 /throttle 6144 /spawn 0 /netregion NA tat2g_eli 500 500

McCusto
10-23-2005, 08:37 PM
That doesn't do me any good :/

All it does is automatically start and all that appears is a black screen

KTR
10-23-2005, 08:46 PM
it will be on a black screen for about 5-10 sec. then will load the map. Try running the bat, in the root directory of which the beta is installed.

McCusto
10-23-2005, 08:48 PM
In the GameData folder?

It goes black then freezes, is that normal?

KTR
10-23-2005, 08:51 PM
no, the root (aka the drive, the first thing that pops up when you click on a drive via my computer). It should not freeze. first it boots up the cmd and then the game runs, the intro goes very quick, and then a black screen pops for about 5-10 sec (also there is a "back" button) and the map loads.

McCusto
10-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Bah, I keep getting to it and then it said something like Host Registration Failed

KTR
10-23-2005, 08:57 PM
make sure your internet is up an running, and that your firewall aint disabling the game. the batch command is basicly hosting a server, so it needs to send a few packets to gamespy cuz it want you to be on the game list.

ParanoidAndroid
10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Aw man, it seems the gungans and geonosians don't have electrospears as I had hoped, and no gaffi sticks for the raiders...

Oh well, the campaign mode looks sweet! Way better then the first one. The objective based gameplay looks fun, although I would kind of like to complete some of them online, with other players. It kind of makes me wish there was mix between simple capture the command post gameplay and achieving objectives, instead of limiting the objectives to campaign only and making IA and multiplayer strictly capture cps. Although this might make the game a bit more complicated.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah...it would be fun if you could complete some of the objectives with players online...but at least you can play with a friend on XBOX and PS2 on the campaign.

Redtech
10-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Or more accurately, lose online because some n00b wants to play as a Jedi for the whole mission.

Excellant findings, I'll have to admit. Pandemic must have been on the coffee again.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Galactic Conquest:

Birth of the Rebellion is the campaign where you start off as the Rebel Allinance. You start off with Dagobah, Yavin 4, and your base, Hoth.

The Confederate Uprising gives you control of the droid army of the CIS. Geonosis is your base, and you also start off with Utapau and Mustafar.

Republic Sovereignity puts you in command of the Republic Forces. Your base planet is Kamino and you also control Naboo and Coruscant at the start of the game.

Dark Reign of the Empire lets you command the miltary might of the Galactic Empire. Endor is your base planet with Coruscant and Mustafar also under Imperial control.

Points for taking over planets:

Energy Boost (200) - Causes your enemy guage to replinish faster after being depleted

Garrison (200) - Extra Troops if your force drops to low

Auto Turrets (200) - Automatically reinforces your command posts with defensive grid turrets.

Bacta Tanks (400) - Causes health to automatically generate over time

Supplies (400) - Increases the amount of ammo you can carry

Combat Shielding (400) - Gives your units an extra reverse of health upon entering the battlefield

Sabotage (600) - Causes all enemy vehicles to suffer damage upon spawning it

Enhanced Blaster (600) - Amplifies the damage of your blasters

Leader (800) - Activates your teams faction playable hero for the planetary battles

You have to conquer all 13 planets to win the Conquest of the army.

Angarah
10-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Wow, 13 planets in GC...thats pretty sweet

Ryozan
10-25-2005, 11:31 AM
when none complete the Objectives does the CPU control Jedi?

Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 12:59 PM
You're the only one who can control the Jedi of your team in the Story Mode.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 01:27 PM
A link for BF II (says XBOX, but applies to all) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=908418

Ryozan
10-25-2005, 02:52 PM
But if you buy Faction Leader
You have to unlock it trough objectives either?

ParanoidAndroid
10-25-2005, 05:43 PM
No, the objectives only appear in the Campaign, not in instant action multiplayer, or I believe Galactic Conquest. So if you buy faction leader, I guess the hero goes to the highest scoring player, or the lowest scoring depending on how it's set up.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 07:33 PM
It would make sense if the objectives would be in Glactic Conquest....anyway for the videos I have seen from BF II, the game looks preety fun. Here's a link to a video for BF II (from g4tv.com) http://www.g4tv.com/videos/index.html?video_key=9769

ParanoidAndroid
10-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah, objectives would make sense, but I think they kind of limit the player, it works for the campaign but not so much for IA or galactic conquest. I think it would be cool if they added the objectives in single player, and just made victory less reliant on them. There could still be ackleys on Felucia in single player, you don't have to kill them but it sure makes life easier.

And I can't see the video you link to for some reason, I click the "watch this video" link, and the window pops up but the video does not appear. Oh well the games almost out, soon we won't need videos to know what it's like.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Yeah...Acklays could still be on Felucia even in GC and IA....and the AT-TE. Well, you could type in the website www.g4tv.com (sorry can't post a link..in a hurry) and see if that works.

master_skywalke
10-26-2005, 11:27 AM
WOW!The level at the Jedi Temple really looks great. Can't wait to play it :D

Ryozan
10-26-2005, 11:44 AM
So if you unlock him? you can play as the faction leader:D
Edit:Does Someone have a Video of Deflecting Blastershots as a jedi does it look stylish....very important to me if it is stylish game= Awesome

Commander Obi-Wan
10-26-2005, 05:44 PM
WOW!The level at the Jedi Temple really looks great. Can't wait to play it :D
I agree the Jedi Temple looks fantastic :twogun:

KTR
10-26-2005, 05:55 PM
I agree the Jedi Temple looks fantastic :twogun:

that is in the story mode only! its about when order 66 been given out.

ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Ah yes, I'm really looking forward to that scenario, it should be fun to wipe out the jedi once and for all...

Although it is for story mode only as you said, so you sadly probably won't be able to fight as the jedi, or even play it online with other players unfortunetly.

KTR
10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
only jedi you become is anakin in the jedi temple, slaying all the younglings :(

ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2005, 06:06 PM
You can also become Darth Maul (okay okay he's a Sith, but so was Anikan a.k.a Darth Vader when he attacked the temple) in Instant action, fineally living out his lifelong dream... The only jedi will probably be Mace Windu, hero for the rebublic in instant action, and maybe somebody you have to fight in the campaign.

I doubt they could get away with letting you kill younglings though, probably just unidentified jedi knights.

KTR
10-26-2005, 06:08 PM
well if having anakin kill little younglings...ESRB wont like it.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Luke Skywalker is also playable in the Jedi Temple...in IA.

ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh yeah, in GCW I forgot the jedi temple was playable during that time period.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-26-2005, 07:38 PM
The Jedi/Sith playable in the Jedi Temple in Instant Action are:

Empire - Darth Vader
Republic - Mace Windu
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
CIS - Darth Maul

ghost_01
10-26-2005, 11:02 PM
woow...wait...what about tyranus...or the rest of sith/jedi for that matter?...i think it should b like this:

Republic - Aylaa Secura, Ki Adi, Mace, Obi Wan, Yoda

Empire - Vader, Sidous

Rebel Scum - Luke

CIS - Tyranus, Anakin (u know what i mean), Maul

my point of view...for IA it should depend on the planet don't u think?

TK-8252
10-26-2005, 11:17 PM
There's only one hero per side per map.

ghost_01
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah i know...that's why i'm saying it...lol!...and WTF mate!!!!?!?!? can't play the jedi at temple!? that's serioulsy screwed up!!! :P i wanna kill them sure...but also play em a couple of times

Commander Obi-Wan
10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Well...more info:

-Space Endor is avaliable in GC and IA
-No Space Naboo, Bespin or Rhen Var
-Jango Fett does have his trademark, dual pistols
-Yavin IV, Mos Eisley, and Endor (from BF1) are the same, except for graphic changes

Darth Andrew
10-28-2005, 06:31 PM
-No Space Naboo, Bespin or Rhen Var

Those were some of the best maps! How dare they! *seeks revenge*
Yes, I know it was all but confirmed that Bespin and Rhen Var wouldn't be in BF2, but still....

By the way, where did you learn of this?

Angarah
10-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Jango doesn't have duel pistols, at least not in the beta or in any screen I've seen. Hope they changed it though...

Can someone clear something up for me? Will Jedi have unlimited time limits in IA, and will you have to unlock special classes (commander, jettrooper) in singleplayer as well? Or is it all customisable?

MagnaGuard
10-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Bespin gone, curse them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rhen Var gone, seek and destroy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I knew this, it still peeves me off!

They should put in space levels for the Death Star and you have to destroy or defend in IA, GC, campaign just pumble the rebel starfighters and cruisers.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Those were some of the best maps! How dare they! *seeks revenge*
Yes, I know it was all but confirmed that Bespin and Rhen Var wouldn't be in BF2, but still....

By the way, where did you learn of this?

I have my sources.......other websites.....forums.....game producers....I agree about those maps being the best.

Jango doesn't have duel pistols, at least not in the beta or in any screen I've seen. Hope they changed it though...

I think he does...I am not 100% sure.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-29-2005, 01:18 PM
new BF II videos.....http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/starwarsbattlefront2/index.html

More info...everybody knows...just more organized:

Geonosis:
Republic - Mace Windu
CIS - Count Dooku
Rebels - (not playable for Rebels)
Empire - (read ^)

Mygeeto:
Rupublic - Ki-Adi-Mundi
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Boba Fett

Space Coruscant - NO heroes avaliable

Felucia:
Rupublic - Aayla Secura
CIS - Jango Fett
Rebels - Chewbacca
Empire - Boba Fett

Space Kashyyyk - none

Kashyyyk:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - Jango Fett
Rebels - Chewbacca
Empire - Boba Fett

Utapau:
Rupublic - Obi-Wan Kenobi
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Han Solo
Empire - Boba Fett

Coruscant:
Rupublic - Mace Windu
CIS - Darth Maul
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Darth Vader

Naboo:
CIS - (none)
Rebels - Leia Organa
Empire - Darth Vader

Space Mustafar - none

Mustafar:
CIS - Darth Maul
Rebels - (none)
Empire - Anakin Skywalker

Kamino:
CIS - (not sure - would think Jango Fett)
Rebels - (not sure)
Empire - Boba Fett

Death Star:
Rupublic - Mace Windu
CIS - (not sure)
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Darth Sidious

Polis Massa:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Han Solo
Empire - Darth Sidious

Tantive IV:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Leia Organa
Empire - Darth Vader

Space Yavin - none

Yavin IV:
Rupublic - Mace Windu
CIS - Jango Fett
Rebels - Chewbacca
Empire - Boba Fett

Hoth:
Rupublic - none
CIS - none
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Dath Vader

Dagobah:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Yoda
Empire - Darth Vader

Jabba's Palace:
Rupublic - Aalya Secura
CIS - Darth Maul
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Boba Fett

Mos Eisley - all

Endor:
Rupublic -none
CIS - none
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Darth Vader

Space Tatooine (none)
Space Felucia (^)
Space Mygeeto (^)
Space Endor (^)

If I have missed any, let me know.

MagnaGuard
10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
What about outside Tantive IV (space battle)? Thanks for the info.

MachineCult
10-30-2005, 05:43 AM
No such battle.

alex533
10-30-2005, 06:49 AM
jango only has one blaster, looks like a droid blaster not jangos pistols...

and is there any endor space battle? I checked and i cant find it, and the lack of the mustafar space battle in IA angers me....

even though its in campaign.

Darth Andrew
10-30-2005, 09:56 AM
I think an Endor space battle is campaign only. :(

alex533
10-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Ive completed campaign and there is no endor space battle!

Blackrider27
10-30-2005, 10:24 AM
i dont belive this. Basically you can only drive the republic gunships in space. None in utapua, none in geonosis. Thank God for mappers. If majin revan makes his naboo encounter thing its gonna be ausome flying arcs along side gunships and jedi starfighters ausome.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-30-2005, 01:40 PM
No such battle.

I think he means the battle in the E3 demo that the guy played. The one with the cruiser with the turret you have to destroy.

And Space Endor is in Galactic Conquest and maybe in Instant Action.

alex533
10-30-2005, 02:45 PM
i havent played galacic conquest yet, but if it is in the game thats the only place it is.

Ryozan
10-30-2005, 03:05 PM
No Anakin hero?
in CommanderObiwan's post i dont see anakin at the heroes

MachineCult
10-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Mustafar and Jedi Temple.

Kurgan
10-30-2005, 04:37 PM

The "Juggernaut" is actually an EU creation, based on an unused concept art for Empire Strikes Back. It was actually supposed to be a Rebel Vehicle used on Hoth, but they changed it (in the pre-1999 EU) into an "old Republic Vehicle." The Republic "Turbo Tank" that made it into ROTS is different than the EU Juggernaut.

Right now fans are retconning it as "the design changed over the years" (sort of like how they explain the differences between the Tantive IV and the in-construction Death Star in ROTS with what we eventually get in ANH) with the EU literature sure to follow.

Kurgan
10-30-2005, 04:47 PM
So..........

Actually the "Clone Wars" cartoon was the first to portray them being used like this. Just close the side doors and suddenly it's space worthy! So like it or not, it's EU canon!

IIRC, the episode in question was from season 1, and it portrayed them being used as "drop ships." Ie: you had an Acclamator cruiser in orbit around a planet and then a swarm of gunships fly out from it and onto the planet's atmosphere.

MachineCult
10-30-2005, 05:50 PM
They're shown being used as Dropships on Republic Commando as well.

TK-8252
10-30-2005, 06:18 PM
The drop ships in Republic Commando were CR25's, not LAAT's.

MachineCult
10-30-2005, 06:40 PM
The drop ships in Republic Commando were CR25's, not LAAT's.

What an excellent display of useless EU knowledge.
Read my post kid, I never mentioned LAAT's, we were talking about the gunships used in space, not Low Altitude Assault Transports.

Blackrider27
10-30-2005, 06:45 PM
when i said i dont belive this about the gunships...i remembered that we dont need to worry cause someone will make a land map with regular ones.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-30-2005, 08:13 PM
I assume most people are getting it on PC....one lucky thing for you is that you can mod, add on to the game. For PS2 user, I don't think you can.

ScoutTrooper95
10-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Actually, you can mod the PS2 version. Itr has something to do with a cheat device like a GameShark or AR. Point is, it's possible. I think you can get Xbox mods on Xbox Live. I wish I didnt have to pay for it.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Actually, you can mod the PS2 version. Itr has something to do with a cheat device like a GameShark or AR. Point is, it's possible. I think you can get Xbox mods on Xbox Live. I wish I didnt have to pay for it.

Okay......thanx.......maybe a should buy it....just maybe

Angarah
10-30-2005, 09:40 PM
PC version will keep you occupied longer, with custom maps and mods, and you can edit it yourself. I'm still playing Battlefront I, simply because of all the fun maps people make.

PC gets you more for your money

ScoutTrooper95
10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Id buy it if we had the dfisk space. Then again, if I had enough disk space, I would've installed UT2004 by now. Ill be sticking to consoles.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-30-2005, 10:20 PM
I might be buying it for PC....

MandaloreBIC
10-30-2005, 11:52 PM
actually the repulbican gunship is made for aieral combat, but it can acutally fly in space too... (hence the hetches) except it sucks in speace.....

zerted
10-31-2005, 12:13 AM
Id buy it if we had the dfisk space. Then again, if I had enough disk space, I would've installed UT2004 by now. Ill be sticking to consoles.
Just some infomation: If you are watching the ads, you can get a 160GB hard drive for $40-$20 (after rebate of course, but those rebates do work) which is cheaper than SWBF2. Ending about 5 minutes ago, TigerDirect.com had 300GB drives for $94.

MandaloreBIC
10-31-2005, 12:15 AM
first of all, in the clone wars the naboo queen akshia or somehitng (NOT amidila or the one after her!) and for kimeno there is no empire vs rebel, it's empire vs clones and cis vs clones... (poor clones...)

Rends
10-31-2005, 06:54 AM
Deathstar,
this seems to be the best official SWBF map of all times!
It has everything you know from the movie and it´looks so cool. So after playing this map noone will whine about Bespin any longer!

Main Hangar left side with the door where Obi wan and Darth fought
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_46.jpg
Right side with the Control room windows in second floor
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_47.jpg
Control room with view out of the window down to the Hangar
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_48.jpg
Lift shaft (no lifts but looks cool)
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_49.jpg
Prison Area entry with controldesks
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_50.jpg
Tractor beams
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_51.jpg
biggest cannon of all times firing (cool animation)
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_52.jpg
Tarkins conference Room
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_53.jpg
Tie Hangar
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_54.jpg
Where Vader meets Obi Wan...
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_55.jpg
Leias Prison room
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_56.jpg
in the Trash compactor with weight watchers animation Wink
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/swbf2_57.jpg

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
But Bespin was so awso.... wait a minute... is that the trash compactor I spy? I have to say, the Death Star level looks awsome, can't wait to play it for meself.

Redtech
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Impressive.

Still, I'm going to be playing it on PS2. If you actually have a friend who's as aggressive in combat as you are, co-op play is better than just about anything.

Ryozan
10-31-2005, 10:58 AM
does anyone know how the jedi v jedi(sith ok) battles look?

GeneralZod
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Two questions

1. Is PC better to get than the XBOX version?
2. Can you create or customize and name your own personal jedi?

MachineCult
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Yes PC is better than everything.
No GeneralZod, go buy Jedi Academy.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Impressive.

Still, I'm going to be playing it on PS2. If you actually have a friend who's as aggressive in combat as you are, co-op play is better than just about anything.

I am going to play it on PS2, too. My friend and I are going to play co-play, we both can be agressive when playing and at the same time, being careful at executing a plan. I also like it on PS2 b/c of the graphics are more clear than on PC.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-31-2005, 02:04 PM
When I finish the game....I am planning to make a guide of the game on my spare time. So if you guys could try not to do that, please restrain yourself. But, if you must you can.

biny
10-31-2005, 03:42 PM
So..........

If you can see the planet in the background, then it's probably inside the planet's atmosphere. Therefore, the Republic Gunship would be fine to fly. And the people inside would be fine becuase has shields to contain the inside.

biny
10-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Then, what can they use as a transport for the Republic?

Use.....

THE MILLENIUM FALCON!!!! Wouldn't that be a smart way to solve 2 problems?

:) :) :) :) :vsd: :vsd: :vsd:

Ryozan
10-31-2005, 03:46 PM
LMAO you guys now know if you are able to play consecutely (good word?)
Jedi in IA?

MachineCult
10-31-2005, 04:32 PM
actually the repulbican gunship is made for aieral combat, but it can acutally fly in space too... (hence the hetches) except it sucks in speace.....

LMAO the Republican Gunship,
used by the Grand Army of the Bush Administration.

No Ryozan, bad word, it doesn't exist.

zerted
10-31-2005, 06:43 PM
When I finish the game....I am planning to make a guide of the game on my spare time. So if you guys could try not to do that, please restrain yourself. But, if you must you can.
Guides are filled with opinions about the best way to do something. The more guides (thus more opinions) there are, the more a player can decide how to play things with his/her style instead of the guide maker's. But anyway, good luck.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Guides are filled with opinions about the best way to do something. The more guides (thus more opinions) there are, the more a player can decide how to play things with his/her style instead of the guide maker's. But anyway, good luck.

Thanks.....I meant don't start a guide before I create one...since it was my idea.

Redtech
11-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Guides rock. At least they should mention tactics that work in practice as well as in theory. I've always wondered why no FAQ I've read mentions that hover tanks in Rhen Var can climb mountains, or that water stops blasters on Kashyyk(SIC?) and so on and so on..

Ryozan
11-01-2005, 12:29 PM
lol But can you constantly play jedi
(i amfrom holland so my language isnt all too best :D

Commander Obi-Wan
11-01-2005, 01:03 PM
lol But can you constantly play jedi
(i amfrom holland so my language isnt all too best :D

In Instant Action you can if you allow them on...in the Story Mode, they are only useable once.

Ryozan
11-01-2005, 01:38 PM
but can you play them throug the IA game constant
so you only are them?

Commander Obi-Wan
11-01-2005, 01:41 PM
yes....but if you die.....you don't get to start off with them...unless nobody else takes them. So if you die and somebody else takes them than you will have to wait till it's avaliable. You'll be given an option to use them when they're avaliable.

Ryozan
11-01-2005, 02:58 PM
And does bots take them?

MachineCult
11-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Only you can play as Jedi, after you meet certain conditions, and when the timer runs out you have to meet the conditions again to play as them again.
This is true for Campaign and IA.
(I got the game this morning.)

Commander Obi-Wan
11-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Personally I think the game is a big improvement of BF I. With Jedi, new levels, space battles....much better.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2005, 03:42 AM
Out of all the levels I have played it would have to be.....Mustafar. The auto turrets do get quite annoying when your trying to kill an enemy or capture a CP. The one part I found extremely tough for me is trying to kill Gizor Delso. Because he keeeps regaining health and he kills you so easily. I only had to this level twice before I achieved a victory, but the second time a had one casualty left and just killled him. But, Mustafar was a fun level also.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I found that the Jedi were usually better than all the other heroes. The only non-lightsaber wielding heroes that I used that were decent were: Boba Fett, and Han Solo.

Redtech
11-08-2005, 07:32 AM
A bit obvious, I will admit.

I don't like the new 'Rebel Tank' though. It's been nerfed from being a rival to the 'Clone Tank' to being the rebel equiv of the Hailfire droid. Ugh.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Are you talking about the Alliance AAC-1 Tank...if so....I think that tank is pretty effective against other vehicles.

Darth Alec
11-08-2005, 01:27 PM
That tank is so annoying, it blasts everything everywhere. And you don't get to use the AT-ST on enough maps.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I am start off disappointed in the Amoured Tank Droid....I don't like it's primary attack.

zerted
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks.....I meant don't start a guide before I create one...since it was my idea.
Did you create one yet? I keep answering the same questions over and over, so I am going to make a walkthrough of the single player campain.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Did you create one yet? I keep answering the same questions over and over, so I am going to make a walkthrough of the single player campain.

Yes....you should......better you to that than I......seemingly you are much farther (better stats). Anyway, I have decide not to make a guide, but I will still help answering questions.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Eh.....zerted...gonna make a guide?

Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Jedi Academy?

Game guide? I should make one! After all, The main game was just way too easy! Still...

RaV™
11-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Commanderobiwan I would just like to say thank you for using your time just to give us information BF2...GREAT JOB!

zerted
11-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Eh.....zerted...gonna make a guide?
Yes, I was waiting for you to reply to my post above. Seems the 'Show New Posts' button did'nt display it.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Alright though I might make a guide through of just the levels, but that's about it. But, still make yours...since everyone has different opinions.

Daddyboom
11-15-2005, 01:03 AM
thanks obi

Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 02:06 PM
thanks obi
No problemo. Soon I will give my help for levels for the game. Though this will be in the Strategy section since it's a strategy.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, anybody that needs help for BF II, just ask.

Igor_Cavkov
11-24-2005, 03:18 PM
what is the Rebels transport on space maps?? i know it was the Rup ship.. but i wonder if that has been changed since the beta?..

TK-8252
11-24-2005, 03:20 PM
It's a... "Rebel Gunship."

:rolleyes:

Igor_Cavkov
11-24-2005, 03:33 PM
lol dude i know.. but i just got a brain stop i couldnt come up with the name hehe..

TK-8252
11-24-2005, 03:35 PM
lol dude i know.. but i just got a brain stop i couldnt come up with the name hehe..

No no, I was just answering your question that yeah, it's the LAAT/i, but the fact that they made it a "Rebel Gunship" is just sad. :(

Commander Obi-Wan
11-24-2005, 04:36 PM
All they did was at the Rebel's symbol on it. Yes, I agree the the fact they made it a "Rebel Gunship" is just sad.

Igor_Cavkov
11-24-2005, 04:46 PM
they could use the corellian frighter like Millenium Falcon

Darth Andrew
11-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Or a YT-1300 transport, which is what model the Millenium Falcon is. If they used a YT-1300, people would still feel like they're flying the MF while saving a bit of continuity.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Those are better ideas than a "Rebel Gunship."

ParanoidAndroid
11-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I personally would like a stolen imperial shuttle... but whatever the case almost anything would be better then that uncreative rebublic gunship, they could think up the design for that new rebel tank but not one for a transport?

PoiuyWired
11-25-2005, 11:10 AM
YT-1300? Well, that is technically a totally different ship!!!

Yes it looks almost the same, but differs too much in terms of armor/speed/power

Its like Recon Droid vs Death Star... sure both are spheres with an obvious energy weapon but...

MachineCult
11-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Nice thread Commander, five pages on a spoiler thread, and the games been out for a month!

Commander Obi-Wan
11-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanx....though I didn't put any spoiler tags. Meh, useful info. none the less. Fun game. Get what till Empire at War. Maybe I'll do a spoiler thread for it.