PDA

View Full Version : No! The Astros Lost the World Series

Lady Jedi
10-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Title edited for outcome of the Series :xp:

WOW! This is so incredible. The Astros just beat the St. Louis Cardinals 5 - 1 in the playoffs. It wasn't even close! They totally nailed it! AWESOME!

It's the first time ever for the Astros to go to the Series of the 44 years they've been playing. And get this: Craig Biggio has been playing for 18 years, and he's finally got it. Nice! I actually remember being a really little kid at the Astrodome and seeing the whole place go nuts for Biggio. This guy deserves it; the whole team deserves it. I'm so psyched. :D

Sweeeet.

:cheers:

TK-8252
10-20-2005, 12:56 AM
*Laughs at Wold Series* :p

Edit: Ahh... fixed.

Anyway, go Astros. >_>

lukeiamyourdad
10-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Well good luck to the Astros I guess. Not much of a baseball person.

IG-64
10-20-2005, 01:28 AM
It's about time. :D

Sabretooth
10-20-2005, 03:18 AM
*Laughs at Wold Series* :p

*Shares a Laugh*

Anyways, I thought our old Astroski had decided to join football and got selected for Australia in FIFA WC 2006...

I'm so stupid.

the_raven_03
10-20-2005, 03:28 AM
I may root for the White Sox. They haven't been to the WS since '59 I believe and it hasn't been since '17 since they won it.

ET Warrior
10-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Go Rockies!

<_<

>_>

I dont follow baseball well enough to actually care about...er...anything.

But 'grats to yer team :)

El Sitherino
10-20-2005, 05:44 AM
\m/ **** yes!

Kengo
10-20-2005, 07:32 AM
It seems perverse that I follow baseball more closely than most of the Americans around here, it isn't fair when people don't live up to national stereotypes!

It must be great to get revenge on St. Louis for what happened last year around. I'm kinda rooting for the White Sox as well, but it seems like either team would make worthy winners. Arguably the two best pitching staffs in the game going up against each other should be pretty fantastic, and I can see it going deep into the series. Anyway, it should be a great contest! Sadly, as neither side is from the East Coast, the games will be even deeper into the night in the UK...

acdcfanbill
10-20-2005, 01:35 PM
too many strikes and scandles have ruined baseball for me. they can keep their national passtime.

Cmdr. Cracken
10-20-2005, 02:37 PM
As long as the Yankee's aren't in, I'm a happy man...

*puts on flame suit and runs away!*

but seriously, I'm still waiting for the Cubs to go.....

boinga1
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Bah... Astros. :mad:

RoxStar
10-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Was gonna start a thread on the Sox when the first caught fire. But I was too lazy. I'm a Sox fan, therefore, I will hate your guys for the next week :p (All in good fun)

Alegis
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Where's our astro ?

Katarn07
10-20-2005, 07:31 PM
I hate the Astros. Not as much as White Sox fans and the Cards, so I guess I'm forced to cheer them on. Go Astros :rolleyes:

Lady Jedi
10-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Thing is is that I don't really keep up with baseball. Sure I like to know who's playing in the Series and the like, and I enjoy the hell out of the games if I can be there, but, rather unfortunately, there are no good teams where I live, so I don't get to go to the games the way I'd like to.

The reason I think it's so cool is because I was born in Texas and my mom always took us to the Astros games. So it's one of those special childhood things. :p

Orignally posted by:ET Warrior
Go Rockies!
I saw a Rockies game this May when I was in Denver. It was great. They lost to the Cardinals but the rest of the game rocked! :D

Mike Windu
10-20-2005, 10:27 PM
I don't watch baseball so uh...

go tacos!

Windu Chi
10-22-2005, 09:05 PM
WOW! This is so incredible. The Astros just beat the St. Louis Cardinals 5 - 1. It wasn't even close! They totally nailed it! AWESOME!

It's the first time ever for the Astros to go to the Series of the 44 years they've been playing. And get this: Craig Biggio has been playing for 18 years, and he's finally got it. Nice! I actually remember being a really little kid at the Astrodome and seeing the whole place go nuts for Biggio. This guy deserves it; the whole team deserves it. I'm so psyched. :D

Sweeeet.

:cheers: I hope the Astros tear the White Socks to pieces.

Jeff
10-22-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm pulling for the Astros because I'd like to see Clemens win one. Traditionally I don't like them, but I like the ChiSox less, so I guess I'd root for the Astros even if Clemens wasn't in it.

Lady Jedi
10-27-2005, 01:46 AM
So the Astros lost. They didn't even win one game. :( Blah.

At least they made it to the Series. That's really all I was hoping for. Sure winning at least one of the Series would have been preety sweet, but oh well.

It's a good thing I'm not too serious about this sort of thing or I'd be rather buggered right now. :xp:

El Sitherino
10-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Gah, crap. :(

Darth Groovy
10-27-2005, 04:08 AM
*streaks through thread*

Kain
10-27-2005, 12:34 PM
*sweeping up dust*

What? I hate baseball, but a sweeps a sweep.

Katarn07
10-27-2005, 04:14 PM
****ing White Sox swept them? Pff, I'm never gonna hear the end of this from those ****ing Sox fans I know. I like the ones that don't care to rub it in Cubs fans faces. But the ones that watch every Cubs game and cheer against them? That's just plain stupid.

RoxStar
10-27-2005, 04:54 PM
It wasn't even close! They totally nailed it! AWESOME!

Go Sox!!! :p

Jeff
10-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Bleh. I definitely didn't want the Sox to win. As the series went on and they kept winning, I kept liking them less XP

Darth Groovy
10-29-2005, 06:49 PM
****ing White Sox swept them? Pff, I'm never gonna hear the end of this from those ****ing Sox fans I know. I like the ones that don't care to rub it in Cubs fans faces. But the ones that watch every Cubs game and cheer against them? That's just plain stupid.

Obnoxious people living in the midwest? No way! :p

Way I see it, it was cool seeing another Chicago team win something period! Hasn't been this exciting since the last Bull's championship. Know what I mean?

Samuel Dravis
10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
So the Astros lost. They didn't even win one game. :( Blah.

At least they made it to the Series. That's really all I was hoping for. Sure winning at least one of the Series would have been preety sweet, but oh well.

It's a good thing I'm not too serious about this sort of thing or I'd be rather buggered right now. :xp:Heh. They totally had the chances though, 7th and 11th innings I think it was. Too bad they blew it, they started so well (4-0). :D

Lady Jedi
10-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Heh. They totally had the chances though, 7th and 11th innings I think it was. Too bad they blew it, they started so well (4-0). :D

No kidding, and that wasn't even the last game. Of course if they'd have won that one the next night's loss wouldn't have lost the series, though.

That third game was sooo promising at the start, then they just gave away 5 runs. They tied in the eighth inning, ( woot, Jason Lane! ) and I hoped that they'd take the game. Unfortunately, they didn't, and the game went on forever. The Sox scored twice in the 14th inning and that was it. :( Obviously morale was low seeing as how they didn't even score once in the last game. Bummer.

Oh, well. It's done, and there's always next year. :D

Katarn07
10-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Obnoxious people living in the midwest? No way! :p

Way I see it, it was cool seeing another Chicago team win something period! Hasn't been this exciting since the last Bull's championship. Know what I mean?

And you saying that confirms my belief that you're not an obnoxious Sox fan ;) It hasn't been as exciting for me but I suppose I know what you mean.