PDA

View Full Version : Isn't The Last Test For The Star Map On Korribon A Drag?

kookaburra
10-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Hello

goes anyone find the last test on Korribon a drag? I find it terribly draggy in the Korribon tombs where your final test is located in the tomb. anyone share my opinion or apose it?

RobQel-Droma
10-21-2005, 10:08 AM
I LOVED Korriban. It was so cool to go through the tombs pretending be a Sith. You get tons of cool items, and it is quite challenging. I like when I have to fight the teranteks, I just slaughter them, along with all the other Sith, and they can't even start to be a match for my character.

Char Ell
10-21-2005, 10:11 AM
What do you find "draggy" about it?

The part where you have to face two terentateks on your own?
or
The part where you have to solve the puzzle of power transference to get Naga Sadow's Poison Blade?
or
The part where you have to decide which Sith to support, Yuthura or Uthar or neither, then engage in a lightsaber duel to defeat those you chose not to support
or all of the above?

I personally find the whole Korriban tomb experience rather challenging and enjoyed it. Nothing boring about in IMO.

ChAiNz.2da
10-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Agreed.

Korriban (for KotOR.. not TSL) was one of the few areas/planets where I felt my PC actually had an agenda to accomplish.

Plus, when you start your trial and have to leave your crew and be alone was especially a "mix of feelings".

I kept thinking.." What wil happen to the crew.." "What will happen to me..." "What's in store for me once that door closes..."

It was great :D

TheGreenGoblin
10-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Sorry I rather liked it. Manaan, now THAT was a drag.

RobQel-Droma
10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Actually, the planet that was drag for me was Taris. It is ok, I don't hate it as much when I first played it, but it is still the worst planet in my opinion. There wasn't much to do, you weren't a Jedi, it was all about fighting Vulkars, and the Sith wouldn't care if you did something like changing into the Sith armor in front of them, walk around with Bastila, and there were no searches for you.

I would probably rate them like this, from highest to lowest:
1. Korriban
2. Rakata/Star Forge (it might be in a tie with Korriban, I loved it too)
3. Kashyyyk
4. Manaan
5. Korriban
6. Dantooine
7. Taris
8. Endar Spire

Venom750
10-21-2005, 02:06 PM
I think Korriban was the best planet in t6he game because of the way you have to do it on the down low

chaleur
10-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I loved Korriban, too. It was amazing. Just a random question: do people other than me normally leave Korriban last (for the obvious reason)? I'd kinda like to run into Yuthera after that on Dantooine, but sadly if I leave it for last, well....

Darth Covetous
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
whats the obvious reason?

chaleur
10-21-2005, 03:15 PM
So you can tell all the sith you are Revan, sit back while the arrogant bastards mock you, and then kick their sorry arses.

Darth Covetous
10-21-2005, 03:31 PM
OH, I'll try that on one of my games that's halfway through. I always end up going to Korriban early to get all the goodies. Does that change anything else, or you just get the option to tell them that?

RobQel-Droma
10-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the only problem with Korriban is that it is quite hard, meaning that I usually go there last or third, and if you turn Yuthura and the one Sith (forgot his name, the guy who has doubts about the Sith) lightside, then
You get to see them on Dantooine, Yuthura outside the Enclave, and the other in the training room.
But that means you have to do it first or second, you can't do it third, because if you turn Yuthura lightside, that means you found the star map, and if it is you third planet you get
captured by the Leviathan and learn that Dantooine is destroyed, so you can't go there anymore

The Doctor
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Isn't the obvious reason that Bastila gets captured by the Sith before your last planet, and she can't come with you on Korriban anyway.?

Darth Covetous
10-21-2005, 04:22 PM
I see, but I don't miss out on any actual parts of the game right? Like the only thing I'm really missing is seeing Yuthura and the other guy back on Dantooine?

RobQel-Droma
10-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Pretty much, as far as I know.

The Doctor
10-21-2005, 04:56 PM
I've never seen Yuthura on Dantooine.... I'll check it out tonight.

DarthVandar205
10-21-2005, 08:48 PM
The part where you have to solve the puzzle of power transference to get Naga Sadow's Poison Blade?

I think you can just download the Bastila on Koriban mod and the puzzle will be disabled and the door will be unlocked.

I've never seen Yuthura on Dantooine.... I'll check it out tonight.

Look near the sublevel access door outside of the enclave to find her.

MrVorlon
10-21-2005, 08:56 PM
I loved the feel of the level. I'm out to accomplish a mission for real now. I get to use double-double cross tactics, face two giant beasts at the same time, deal with the apparition of an ancient Sith Lord. I get to save Sith apprentices and return them to the light.

But that darn puzzle is annoying to do every single time.

chaleur
10-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Good point on Bastila, Doctor. Though I never used her anyway, so... ;-).

The puzzle MrVorlon? You mean Towers of Hanoi, or something else?

I always want to be able to rescue the people in the duelling room, but I never could. Also, it always annoyed me that even after I had gotten rid of all the other applicants by some means or other, I still had to give Uthar one of my lovely artefacts in order to get him to let me take the final test.

RobQel-Droma
10-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Actually, you don't need him to give him the Sword of Ajunta Pall if you don't want to; Assuming that is what you were talking about.

MrVorlon
10-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Good point on Bastila, Doctor. Though I never used her anyway, so... ;-).

The puzzle MrVorlon? You mean Towers of Hanoi, or something else?

I always want to be able to rescue the people in the duelling room, but I never could. Also, it always annoyed me that even after I had gotten rid of all the other applicants by some means or other, I still had to give Uthar one of my lovely artefacts in order to get him to let me take the final test.
The power tower things.

spinkle
10-22-2005, 09:43 AM
the power tower puzzle is much, much easier to redo than it is to solve. once you know the method, it's a cakewalk. a slow-ass cakewalk, but a cakewalk nonetheless.

i like korriban. it's fun to taunt yuthura about not being able to recognize revan.

BattleDog
10-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I never had any trouble with that puzzle, or any of the others. Except the one on the Rakata homeworld with the floor, tiles I just didn't understand the datapad message. Damm H.

Layjock
10-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I didn't find the tomb to be that bad.
It's just that if you're a Consular, then it'll be hard to get past the 2 terentateks because you're weak physically and terentateks are very Force-resistant.

I didn't find it that hard because I always play as a Soldier/Guardian

chaleur
10-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Actually, you don't need him to give him the Sword of Ajunta Pall if you don't want to; Assuming that is what you were talking about.

I think to get enough points you need to give him one of (a) the sword, (b) the sith rosetta stone, or (c) the sith holocron? Unless I missed a way to get prestige somehow. The sword was the least offensive of those to me -- the others are more important as historical artefacts.

Layjock
10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I like how you can decieve Shardaan by giving him the wrong sword and then watch him die by Uthar's hands.

RobQel-Droma
10-22-2005, 10:59 PM
^^^^
I did that once, I got rid of the vibroblade since it isn't really anything special.

And Chaleur, I kept the sword by taking care of the rogue students (I actually helped them then lied to Uthar), cleared out the droids in the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, got the tablet from the crazy Sith instructor, and learned the Sith code, without even doing Lashowes quest or giving him the tablet. Besides, as far as I know, the tablet and holocron don't do anything for you, they're just items.

Layjock
10-22-2005, 11:24 PM
^^^^
I did that once, I got rid of the vibroblade since it isn't really anything special.

And Chaleur, I kept the sword by taking care of the rogue students (I actually helped them then lied to Uthar), cleared out the droids in the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, got the tablet from the crazy Sith instructor, and learned the Sith code, without even doing Lashowes quest or giving him the tablet. Besides, as far as I know, the tablet and holocron don't do anything for you, they're just items.

Hey! That crazy Sith teacher was my father you know! :lol:

chaleur
10-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Besides, as far as I know, the tablet and holocron don't do anything for you, they're just items.

That is true. But they are important historical artefacts, dash it. I think you should get dark side points if you give them to Uthar. The sword is...well, just a sword. It might look pretty in a museum, but you can't learn as much from bling.

I'm not so concerned about what they do or don't do for you.

Raynoc
10-24-2005, 03:37 AM
What I found funny, Was when I gave up the sword , I got a cut screen from
Carth telling me maybe we should hang onto it...

So I reload and I keep it, But nothing ever came of it.

But Yeah I liked the Planet, I found it alot of fun going into all the Tombs,
each one different....Even had some good light/dark path stuff going on
that planet. Even had some side stuff going on in there.....Carth's son
and Julanis old Boyfriend made for some good backstory.

Venom750
10-24-2005, 09:53 AM
once you get its its powerful but if you have a lightsaber there's no real point in having it.

RobQel-Droma
10-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I think you can keep all three. I gave up the tablet this time I played through (just today :D), but I did everything else. You can save/kill the students in the Shyrack caves, interrogate the prisoners (which you can get prestiege for LS by the way), destroy/help the rogue assassin droid (That is one of my favorite tombs, you can get so much experience by just slaughtering the 20 or so guard droids; I pretty much force jumped from droid to droid, killing on contact. And I love when after the droid tells you what is going on, HK says "That is so sad. Are you damaged, is it repairable?" Not to mention when you get the parts that he gives you HK goes, "No, no, no, upgrades will be FINE!"). That, and I gave Uthar the Sith code.

It is kind of strange, because I talk to Uthar, and I still have to gain presteige - and I am the only student! I killed Shaardan in the tomb of Ajunta Pall, I killed Lashowe after helping her because she wouldn't let us go back together, I persuaded Kel Agwinn to leave and go to the Jedi, I got Dustil Onasi to become LS and leave, and I persuaded Mekel that maybe he should leave the Sith. And yet, master Uthar still doesn't do anything :xp:.

I wish Nur Ab Sal, or whatever his name is, would make a Yuthura hardcore, or a Lashowe hardcore. Yuthura is pathetic. When I fought her, it was "stasis field" then "power attack" then done. Two rounds, that is all it took. And as for Lashowe, I almost wish that they had made a little bit more after you get accepted as a Sith, maybe meeting the Sith masters and getting looked at to be an apprentice. Maybe you could explore Korriban more, or something, and the Star Map was in the same tomb, but the tomb was somewhere else. But anyways, about Lashowe, I got that she was really the most dangerous of the the Sith, that she was the best. Well, except for Mekel, but he can be persuaded to change his ways. But when I fought Lashowe, it was faster than my Yuthura fight.

GDI Lord
11-02-2005, 04:26 AM
* OFF TOPIC *

Hmmm... Call me slightly slow but I just realized something while reading this last message. I wonder if Nur Ab Sal got Sith-erized from his use of the Atlantean machinery in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis...

DarkExcalibur42
11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Julanis old Boyfriend made for some good backstory.

Huh? What's that about her old boyfriend?

RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
When you take Juhani on Korriban, you will see a man called Dak Vesser. Go and talk to him. You will find out the rest.

DarkExcalibur42
11-02-2005, 06:58 PM
awesome, and thanks much...
*Loads current game and flies to Korriban*

RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Look at one of the archeologists on Korriban.

DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 01:42 AM
....THAT guy??? I know who you're talking about now!!!!
*mental gears click into place*

Thaeos
11-03-2005, 02:54 AM
Korriban was awesome, the only complaint I have is after you kill Uthar and Yuthura, how you have become the master of the academy because of this, but nobody else seems to care.

Even when you are confronted by the 3 Sith students before you re-enter the academy and tell them what you did, and then you obliterate them all in like 2 rounds none of them submit and call you master or something.

And after you do that the entire academy decides they want to kill you. Huh? You just killed the 2 highest members of the academy and 3 students including the most promising one (and have told them you are revan etc) yet none of them bow down before you or even check if what you said was true? I mean, if a dude walks in and goes "Here is Uthar's head! I am now your master!", they arent exactly going to be keen to fight you eh?

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, it is like some of the other games, if you go DS you always become a third side fighting everyone, and even if you aren't the game probably wouldn't let you get an army. Besides, who said those Sith in the academy were dum? In fact, another problem with that is: How did the Sith inside know what had happened? They hadn't seen anything.

Thaeos
11-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Well they were dumb for attacking you when you easily killed those more powerful than them.

They didn't know what happened, the girl says that they saw you Uthar and Yuthura walk in, but only you come out, and they demand an explanation. So either you tell them you killed them, you tell them you're a jedi, or say that nothing happened. Either answer gets the same result, as apart from some slightly different dialogue they attack you.

Oh well it would have been cool to be the master anyway, getting an army wasn't exactly what I had in mind, just being the boss and maybe a side quest to do with selecting/training recruits or something. Just something that makes it feel more like your guy really is this all powerful Sith Lord Revan dude. Although I guess cutting your way through the academy has a similar effect ...

RedHawke
11-03-2005, 10:50 PM
^^^^
I agree Thaeos, I think the hostile academy was a lame way out as well, while that is what would happen to a Jedi PC, the students should have bowed down to a Sith PC...

Possibly have a subquest for the remaining students to contest for the right to be your second.

DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 11:02 PM
that would make a fun mod (if it didn't sound like rebuilding half the game for a single side quest). too bad they didn't include that in the retail game