PDA

View Full Version : How to create a key to open a door

Pavlos
10-24-2005, 05:13 AM
I can't find this one. Is it possible to create a key to open certain doors, like in Khoonda with the Security door key? And also what is the script for giving an item in a conversation. And on top of that (lol getting longer) how do I script that a certain conversation option is available if the PC has weapons equipped- So you may be told to relinquish your weapons if you have them out.

kata_mad
10-24-2005, 08:10 AM
It probally is possible as I think there is a key to open a box in the prologue, I am not a modder so I don't know how to do it but I know it is in the game.

brwarner
10-24-2005, 09:02 AM
I think in the door editor in kotor tool there is some things under lock that talk about keys but i never tried it.

Darth333
10-24-2005, 10:03 AM
yes , it's possible: make a plot item that will be your key (.uti file). Then, go to your .utd file and in the lock tab, check the box: key required to unlock or lock and insert the tag of the key. Yoiu could also attach a script that checks if you have the item in your inventory.

And also what is the script for giving an item in a conversation.
To give an item to your PC:

void main()
{
CreateItemOnObject("myitem",GetFirstPC());
}

or

void main()
{
object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();
object oItem = GetItemPossessedBy(GetObjectByTag("npc_tag", "item_resref");
ActionGiveItem(oItem, oPC);
}

And on top of that (lol getting longer) how do I script that a certain conversation option is available if the PC has weapons equipped- So you may be told to relinquish your weapons if you have them out.
int StartingConditional()
{
object oPC= GetPCSpeaker();
//check the slots in nwscript.nss
object oItem = GetItemInSlot( INVENTORY_SLOT_*, oPC);

if (GetIsObjectValid(oItem)

{
return TRUE;
}
return FALSE;
}
More here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154032

There are other ways of doing this depending on your needs but I don't have time right now. Try using the search function for this: there are tons of threads discussing this.