PDA

View Full Version : Skill Checks

Pavlos
10-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm really sorry but I can't seem to find this, it is probably in a really obvious place but I just can't see it, delete this post thread whatever if it is already covered. But how do you get a skill check to happen in a conversation, you know when you have [Persuade] etc.?

Darth333
10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154032

I posted a sample script for different checks.

Pavlos
10-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks but I had already created a script for the check:

int StartingConditional()
{
object oPC= GetPCSpeaker();

int nSkill = GetSkillRank(SKILL_AWARENESS, oPC);
if (nSkill>= 5)
{
return TRUE;
}
return FALSE;
}

I was just wondering where do i put it in the dialogue file and how to get the two different responces Success and Failure

Darth333
10-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Put it in the conditional script field. This screenshot was taken for something else but you can see the conditional box: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/paramcopy.jpg

per example:
E1 - D3:[Persuade] This script will work.

R1---- Pavlos: (attach the script in the conditional field): [success]Yes I don't need to test it, it will work. (if the script returns false, then it will go to the next dlg branch)

R2---- Pavlos (no condition - this will be spoken if the check failed):[failure]Ha! Prove it! Your scripts don't always work as expected! Last time I asked you for a script to make Bastila kiss me but because of your script I got attacked by a Rancor and there was no trace of Bastila.

Make sure that the conditional branch is placed before the non-conditional one (R1 before R2). If you place it after, then the dialogue will "stall" at the non conditional reply.

Pavlos
10-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks a lot! Now to put loads of skill checks into conversations Mwuhahahahaha! I vill dominate zee vorld. And now that the moment of insanity has passed I say thankyou once more, only this time in my own accent.

Edit: Ok I did as you said but it doesn't seem to be working- even when I raise my Exile's awareness to about 50 it doesn't. What could I be doing wrong. I have the script in the conditional block for the [Success] answer and nothing in the [Failure] answer.

Edit: Got it! I was putting the entries in the wrong way so it played the Failure all the time without checking for the script. Stupid Me!