PDA

View Full Version : Favorite combo

StaffSaberist
10-28-2005, 09:27 PM
What's your favorite combo playing Kotor I? My personal favorite is the Scout/Consular combo, since you get all the nice skills/powers.

RedHawke
10-29-2005, 03:33 AM
Scoundrel 2 / Consular 18... the only way to fly! :D

StaffSaberist
10-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Hmm. Never tried that before. I also never tried holding back on level-ups. When I get to Level 20, I am X-TREME light side, and I have the following powers:

Stasis Field
Destroy Droid
Dominate Mind
Force Wave
Death Field (I know, kinda odd for a Jedi)

I have skills something like this:

Comp. Skill: 14
Demolitions: 4-5 (hey, I got Mission!)
Stealth: 0 (same reason)
Awareness: 7
Repair: 12 (for HK)
Persuade: 16
Security: 9-10
Treat Injury: 9-12

And in Feats, I have (not counting the ones I am given as a Scout/Consular):

Master Flurry
Master Power Attack
Either Master Dueling or Master Double Weapons, depending on my mood that game

All I need! Do you get better? I may need to look into it. :D

RedHawke
10-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Hmm. Never tried that before. I also never tried holding back on level-ups. When I get to Level 20, I am X-TREME light side
Holding back your level makes you the strongest Jedi possible, especially with a Scoundrel/Consular, some others may differ in this opinion, but I don't.

More Force Powers, FP, etc is better. What's the point of becoming a Consular if you are not going to go above level 12?

Soldier/Guardians are fine going to level 8 in Soldier then level 12 in Guardian, Scout/Sentinels I usually go 4/16, but the level 2/18 Scoundrel/Consular is the best for Force Powers and my favorite combo. :)

Achilles
10-30-2005, 04:25 AM
^^^^

Especially if you play DS. I played a long stint of 2/18 characters just to make it interesting (via sitting on level-ups). Then I discoverd Talchia's padawan mod and never looked back.

BattleDog
10-30-2005, 09:59 AM
I just do it manually with KSE.

I also turned Carth into aJedi on my last playthrough.

StaffSaberist
10-30-2005, 10:19 AM
How? Is that the 'make everyone a Jedi' mod? Or can you actually do that in the original game from BioWare?

Achilles
10-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Nope, you have to use either mods or KSE.

The Doctor
10-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I can't believe I'm one of three people who like Consular's in any way. Soldier for the first few levels is best, becasue you get feats, then a s*** load of Force Powers for the rest of the game, with even more feats along the way.
I can never get a scout or scoundrel to stay alive. They die after two or three hits, no matter what I do. Soldiers are the best.

Bastila
10-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I normally use Scout/Sentinel.

RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 04:56 PM
I normally use Scout/Guardian, although I downloaded the roleplay padawan mod, so I am going to be a Scout/Sentinel/Guardian. Or can you not become another Jedi class?

StaffSaberist
10-30-2005, 07:22 PM
No, those are the only three Jedi Classes (I can't wait for Kotor II any longer, they will never drop the flamin' price below $50) and Soldier/Scout/Scoundrel are the three other classes. But I can't hold back with the levels with a Scout. He dies too quickly. But a buddy of mine once managed to hold out on Level 2 before leveling up as a Jedi, really ticked me off. He just never used the PC. Anyway, I love being a Consular. All the awesome powers, and skills are never rejected by me. :)

RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 08:15 PM
What I was saying was, once you get to Dantooine, and you actually get trained, do you get to pick a different class than the one you picked at the beginning?

StaffSaberist
10-30-2005, 08:29 PM
No. You are set as whatever Jedi class you chose.

RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Oh, great. Nuts, maybe I could change that. Oh well, I wanted to play through as a Sentinel anyways. Say, did you know that if you unequip Trask's saber you get it, along with the HotF? No crystals, but just the blade color. Nice.

StaffSaberist
10-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Trask Ulgo has a saber? I was under the impression he was a Republic Soldier. I don't know how many mods you put on before your first game. Trask has a blaster.

The Doctor
10-30-2005, 09:58 PM
^ The mod changes him into a Jedi Master with the same name.

StaffSaberist
10-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Okay, I will look for that one. :D Sounds awesome.

The Doctor
10-30-2005, 10:10 PM
There's a thread in either Ahto or the Newsfeed about people's favourite mods. You can get the Roleplay Padawan mod there.

StaffSaberist
10-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Found it here:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/mod_oct2004.php

MdKnightR
10-30-2005, 10:37 PM
1st time through I was a Soldier/Guardian (I think), but I much prefer the Scoundrel/Guardian combo.

Char Ell
10-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Count me among the ones that like the Scout/Guardian combo. I usually take Scout to level 5 and then hold off on leveling up my PC until he gets trained as a Jedi, then of course take him to level 15.
Of course I think the more levels you can have as a Jedi the better. I was thrilled when I found out about the padawan mods that had been released and could start the game as a force user. But I really don't know how anybody can make it thru all of Taris at only level 2 without using cheats or mods. I'm going to have to try that sometime to see if I can keep up with the Joneses :D Don't think that will happen for a while though since I'm deep into my first run thru of TSL and am sure that I won't touch KotOR for at least a couple of months...

The Doctor
10-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Taris isn't that hard if you have strong companions. Carth is an excellent companion (combat-wise ONLY), and once you get Bastila you can't lose, even at level 2.

StaffSaberist
10-31-2005, 12:35 AM
...combat-wise ONLY...

What's wrong with Carth? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he whines that much...

I am playing as a Scoundrel (actually, a Consular :D ) on Taris, and I hold back no level-ups, and even with Trask's cool light-blue saber, I end up losing health, fast. I can't imagine what playing with no mods and holding level-ups as a Scoundrel is like. I only did that a few times, and all those times I played as Carth and Bastila during Taris, just let the AI handle my PC.