PDA

View Full Version : Last question of the day, I promise

StaffSaberist
10-29-2005, 01:25 PM
How the heck do you use Security Spikes? I know they are used to help bypass locks, I think along with the Security skill, but I never use them. Each time I unlock a door, I check my inventory, they're still there. I end up selling them on Yavin. How do I use these things?

Achilles
10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
They were supposed to work like computer spikes but the system was cut from the game (well not entirely, obviously).

StaffSaberist
10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Hmm. It would be nice to have a mod that reintroduces it. It would so affect gameplay, it would be a killer mod.

The_Maker
10-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Indeed it would but I think, like so many other cool things in Kotor, is hard-coded and unable to be edited :(

StaffSaberist
10-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Aaaaw... well, if entire side-plots can be created, along with new computer screens, and new force powers, putting in something BioWare already has resources for seems like just "one small step for man". ;)

Force powers requires coding, right? Like for saving throws, distance, range, etc. Or maybe it's easier than I think and this would be impossible. Not having a separate screen can cause a few exploits. Like, opening a crate mid-battle, getting a cool weapon, and using it to kill the ones you couldn't kill before. :(