PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Rock Fansite..For Sale?

Pages : 1 [2]

DarthAve
11-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Has it been updated at all?

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 09:27 PM
i don't think so

DarthAve
11-18-2005, 09:29 PM
nope, I just checked.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 09:33 PM
okay, we need an update.

Smon
11-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Here it is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Smon/WhisRockMenu.swf
A basic demo of the menu, it will not be that big once I get it out, it will be much smaller. All the links work and the preview feature only works for Home, but it'll be much better as I keep working on it.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 09:35 PM
sweet

Klia
11-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Here it is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Smon/WhisRockMenu.swf
A basic demo of the menu, it will not be that big once I get it out, it will be much smaller. All the links work and the preview feature only works for Home, but it'll be much better as I keep working on it.

For some reason it isn't loading on mine.

It's totally green.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 10:03 PM
all i got was a list, is that it?

Smon
11-18-2005, 10:04 PM
For some reason it isn't loading on mine.

It's totally green.
You must need Flash Player 8.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 10:05 PM
i don't think i have that

Smon
11-18-2005, 10:06 PM
all i got was a list, is that it?
It's an SWF version of the main menu at the WR site (Here. (http://psychonauts.atspace.org/home.html)) and as I update it'll have previews and stuff. You can click the stuff in the list ot bring up that page. Try it!

Smon
11-18-2005, 10:07 PM
i don't think i have that
You do, if you didn't you would've just gotten a green screen.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 10:08 PM
super sweet

Smon
11-18-2005, 10:10 PM
super sweet
I just updated to add some menu flair.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 10:28 PM
cool

DarthAve
11-18-2005, 10:49 PM
It won't load on mine, it's just black.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 10:50 PM
i guess smon i'm the only one who can see it.

Smon
11-18-2005, 10:54 PM
It won't load on mine, it's just black.
Ya need to get the latest version of Flash Player.

DarthAve
11-18-2005, 10:55 PM
He's got Spider Sence. On the new version comment, DON'T USE IT!! I luv the wispering rock site, and if nobody can get to the home freakin' page except those who have flash 8, I will kill you.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 10:55 PM
i guess my parents already updated, finally.

Smon
11-18-2005, 11:02 PM
He's got Spider Sence. On the new version comment, DON'T USE IT!! I luv the wispering rock site, and if nobody can get to the home freakin' page except those who have flash 8, I will kill you.
Sorry, it's the only way I can whip it up... maybe the new webmaster can make a hi-tech and low-tech version... one featuring Flash and one not...

Also, I'll be making the long unecessary intro now...

...wait, why don't you just upgrade to Flash 8 Darth?

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 11:04 PM
hurry up with the intro

DarthAve
11-18-2005, 11:06 PM
My parents probably won't let me. We're stuck with freakin' 7.

Smon
11-18-2005, 11:10 PM
My parents probably won't let me. We're stuck with freakin' 7.
Then I'm terribly sorry Darth, I can't convert it into Flash 7... wait... or can I... *runs away from the Intro to Downgrade the Menu*

Edit:I think I got it to DownGrade...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Smon/WhisRockMenu.swf

DarthAve
11-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Work like the wind Smon!!

Smon
11-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Sorry, got it done before you replied and just edited. Tell me if this works:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Smon/WhisRockMenu.swf

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 11:16 PM
please work

Klia
11-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Holy ****, yes it works. That's amazing!

Is this going to be the sidebar for the site, or as oringally planned, the opening flash?

Smon
11-18-2005, 11:17 PM
please work
I am! An intro is much MUCH more difficult ot make then a menu... a menu is just the same thing over and over again... animation is varied and needs more creativity...

DarthAve
11-18-2005, 11:20 PM
I have creativity! Look at my avatar! It's freakin' helium!

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 11:21 PM
i was talking about the program

Klia
11-18-2005, 11:22 PM
And I was talking about the costumers.

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 11:23 PM
okay

Smon
11-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Holy ****, yes it works. That's amazing!

Is this going to be the sidebar for the site, or as oringally planned, the opening flash?
Sidebar, I'm working on the opening flash... grrr... stupid tweening issues...

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 11:34 PM
don't you like us for pointing out every little thing to you.

Smon
11-18-2005, 11:37 PM
don't you like us for pointing out every little thing to you.
Eh, whatever helps make it better... and to add to the tension, I need to get done within an hour and a half so I can watch [[AS]Friday Night Fix]...

alliespixie
11-18-2005, 11:40 PM
work smon to the bone

Smon
11-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, I got it done, I went for a sort of Twilight Zone thing, and got it finished.Tell me what ya think. (http://media.putfile.com/WR217)

alliespixie
11-19-2005, 12:11 AM
now that's what i'm talking about.

Smon
11-19-2005, 05:34 AM
Well, I can't make a left hand without my right hand. Here's the right navbar. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Smon/WhisRockLink.swf)

alliespixie
11-19-2005, 12:16 PM
sweet

Smon
11-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Yeah... yep...

...*runs off to play The Movies"

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 10:30 PM
OMG,both are absolutly sweet!!

Smon
11-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah... I'm bored with The Movies for now so I'ma work on finishing the main menu.

Also, if the new designers want to use those I can edit them so the page opens in the same ascreen instead of popping up a new one.

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Yo Smon, guess who's awesome?

Smon
11-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Yo Smon, guess who's awesome?
Hm... if I say me that may seem egotistic... if I say you that may be flattering... hm... I'm gonna say.. the Duodenum.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20050927.gif

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 10:47 PM
No, silly. You and I both rock. You, for your web designing skillz, and me for my mad singing talent. We could design such a kick-butt kareoke website. Wait, online kareoke! THAT'S BRILLIANT!! ~Runs to get a patent~

Smon
11-19-2005, 10:51 PM
No, silly. You and I both rock. You, for your web designing skillz, and me for my mad singing talent. We could design such a kick-butt kareoke website. Wait, online kareoke! THAT'S BRILLIANT!! ~Runs to get a patent~
...webkareoke.. OR...an online version of Karaoke Revolution (which is AWESOME fun by the way, even if you do look stupid) sound awesome.

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Let's try that. I'll be the lyricsmaster1000, and you be the sitecreatorsupreme.

Smon
11-19-2005, 10:55 PM
That would be cool.. if I had any real actionscripting skillz... ah well, I still got site creation going for me.

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 11:09 PM
Woah, Smon, could you do us a favor. Could ya post in the RPG please? Natasha is totally flirting with your character right now. Bu, if you can't it's ok.

Smon
11-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Woah, Smon, could you do us a favor. Could ya post in the RPG please? Natasha is totally flirting with your character right now. Bu, if you can't it's ok.
I'll try, sorry, been playing a buncha b-day games. Such as The Movies which is more fun then like 8 clowns. Maybe 9.

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I hate clowns, always have since the parade.

Smon
11-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I hate clowns, always have since the parade.
I love clowns... with ketchup.

DarthAve
11-19-2005, 11:17 PM
OMG, you gizoogled my supasig. I'm planing on changing it soon, like tonight soon.

alliespixie
11-20-2005, 01:33 AM
good l.uck with the singing website.

cara
11-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Cara, here. Back from the Living Dead, one might say.

I apologize for not posting what I've done with the site; I feel guilty because I know that this is a group effort and I should be letting the group know what's going on. So, Group, here's the deal.

I've had a hell of a week. I won't go into details, but school has been especially painful lately. However, I did manage to work on WRF (as I've taken to calling it) here and there. I'm becoming quite fond of it. But that is a story for later. I'm going to cover the following topics:

1. What I've Done So Far
2. What I Still Need to Do/Problems
3. When Everyone Gets to Do What They Signed Up For
4. Why Am I Being a Freak About This
5. My Thoughts/Ideas on The Project So Far

No one needs to read this all. I will bold anything I feel is important. However, if you are part of the staff, you will want to check out #2 and #3. (If you are Klia, I think #1 and #5 are also pertinent for you.) If you're annoyed with me, read #4.

#1 - What I've Done So Far.

The first thing I did was upload what was given to me by Junoluver. Taking into account that we have *four* webdesigners, I decided to make it easier for all of us by converting all of the pages to PHP. This means that it will be easier to make changes to the layout, add links to the menu, and make it simpler for the content workers to upload content. How does it do this? I will get to that in #3. Also keeping the words "easy" and "flexible" in mind, I made an external CSS style sheet to make design changes easier and cleaner. I even upgraded from HTML to XHTML, which is both a good and bad thing. Good, because XHTML is a more powerful, stronger, and more likely to be supported in the future; very good form for a "professional" web site. Bad, because in order to be valid, coders have to follow the specifics of XHTML. All tags must be closed, all images must have an alt tag, etc. But this is easily solved, as I will discuss later. I went through all of the pages and updated every page with a coming soon message. This brings us to our next topic.

#2 - What I Still Need to Do/Problems

Before I hand over the reigns to... well, everyone else, I still need to finish up some odds and ends, which I will do by next week. First of all, while I updated all of the pages, I didn't get a chance to fix the content pages up with their content that we already have. It's not a big deal, really. Mostly uploading images, making thumbnails. There are some problems with content, actually. The audio files I was sent do not work and I need to email Junoluver with that information... tonight. I also need to make accounts for the staff and validate all of the pages to make sure the XHTML and CSS are up-to-date. I also want to make sure that the staff each have instructions that pertain to his or her job, so that as little goes wrong as possible. Working with a big group of people is fun... but it can also be frustrating, if it's not in-sync. So, onto the next topic.

#3 - When Everyone Else Gets to Do What They Signed Up For

I'm asking for patience now. XD. Everyone will get a chance to do their job, hopefully. But there are some issues to address first. First of all, content workers (Purple Squid, Klia, and alliespixie). With the exception of Klia who is the leader of this project, they won't have direct access to the website. I don't think it's necessary--all content can be sent to a coder. The coders will be in charge of uploading the content the content workers have made, work with design, and fix any bugs. Coders are required--by necessity--to use FTP (otherwise you won't be able to do anything) and know HTML. I don't think this will be a problem, though four coders is an awful lot for such a small site. Anyways, EVERYONE ON STAFF will be given an email account and special instructions. But... uh, okay, next topic.

#4 - Why Am I Being a Freak About This

I sound bossy. I know it. I don't mean to be controlling and overbearing. I just really want this web site to succeed. I hope that I don't sound like I'm taking over--I am doing an awful lot right now, but trust me, as soon as everyone has their position on staff and everything is in motion, I'll just be another member of staff and not doing things like sending out special instructions and stuff. (Which I will be doing soon, but it will be one-time thing.) So, just in case I seem like a bitch, sorry.

#5 - My Thoughts/Ideas on The Project So Far

This is SO exciting. I'm happy with everything so far. I used Junoluver's old layout, as Miss Klia instucted. I think it will do nicely, though I think that some font changes and organization are necessary, but that will all be done before anyone even gets access to it. I do have some questions:

- What keywords should we use (for search engines)? Anyone willing to research this?

- The old description for the site was: "A Psychonauts fan site featuring articles, walkthrough, images, audio, and other multimedia." Do we want to change it/embellish it?

- I think that we should give the staff a collective name to go by, so I can place it in the author meta tag. Right now, it just says, "Staff".

Anyways, I do have some ideas for pages: a staff page with profiles, a dedication to Junoluver, and perhaps some humor pages? If the site grows, we might be able to use a script for fan art and fanfiction and even a blog?

As for myself, as well as being a coder, do you think I could also be a content worker? So I have the authority to... write the overview and stuff. Just to get some content rolling? I don't mind being in charge of the things on your check list either, Miss Klia. I can handle these no problem: the aforementioned overview, "taking care" of screenshots/renders/concept art/memory vaults, audio and such. I think we already have someone in charge of fancontent (maybe?) but if you'd allow me to help out with that stuff, I'd be glad to.

I know it's long. But I'm not sorry. :)

You can see the fruits of my labour here: http://pfenix.net/razweb/

I haven't uploaded it to the actual site yet. I want it to be ready before I do.

alliespixie
11-23-2005, 10:31 PM
that wasn't long. i don't mind if there is anybody encharge, and finally i am not the only one who sounds like a bitch.i'll work as hard as i can.

alliespixie
11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
ohh and i almost forgot, purple squid isn't coming back to the boards...shinzuku told me that.

DarthAve
11-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Squids not coming back. :cry8: :cry8: :cry8:

At least squid is in a better place
:angel:

A toast, to our best squiddy friends. Out one sista' in partying and fic battles. I'll drink to her.
:guiness:

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 01:10 AM
nice icons

Smon
11-24-2005, 03:50 AM
Squids not coming back. :cry8: :cry8: :cry8:

At least squid is in a better place
:angel:

A toast, to our best squiddy friends. Out one sista' in partying and fic battles. I'll drink to her.
:guiness:
*toast'd*

Klia
11-24-2005, 10:25 AM
With the exception of Klia who is the leader of this project, they won't have direct access to the website.

Now that's what I like to hear. Exclusion!

Cara, if anyone is allowed to take a break here, you are. Get your damn school stuff done and do this whenever. I'm not holding a whip here and forcing you all to get back to work.

Not yet at least.

I can't even post on PS's livejournal. Friends only. Goddamn you Squid. Goddamn you.

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 12:13 PM
i know shinzuku was mad about that too. hey i can help cara with school work, what grade are you in?

Klia
11-24-2005, 12:49 PM
- What keywords should we use (for search engines)? Anyone willing to research this?

- The old description for the site was: "A Psychonauts fan site featuring articles, walkthrough, images, audio, and other multimedia." Do we want to change it/embellish it?

- I think that we should give the staff a collective name to go by, so I can place it in the author meta tag. Right now, it just says, "Staff".

Anyways, I do have some ideas for pages: a staff page with profiles, a dedication to Junoluver, and perhaps some humor pages? If the site grows, we might be able to use a script for fan art and fanfiction and even a blog?

Keywords: Psychonauts, fansite, fan, info,

Nah, the old description was awesome

Change Staff to Slaves.

Iím liking the staff page (optional), a dedication (not a shrine), humor pages? I think the humor page could be used however I would like for that to be later. Blog much much later, as you said it would have to grow first.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Dude... what's with the talking about me and stuff? You guys know I'm sensitive.

Klia
11-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Dude... what's with the talking about me and stuff? You guys know I'm sensitive.

Holy ****, it's an evil alien robot from outer space that stole Purple Squid's skin and removed the avatar and dances like a monkey.

Sensitive? You? HAH! Tha't's like saying I'm an evil *******....

wait....

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 12:59 PM
OMG.

It's like school! Except I'm more popular and people are saying nice things!

AND NO PIG'S BLOOD!

Hey, wait--KLIA. You damn me? YOU DAMN ME? But I put a picture of a shark up on my LJ. Is that not enough for you?

cara
11-24-2005, 01:05 PM
You know that thing that anime characters do? Maybe you don't.

It's called glomping. It's like a hug-tackle because they are excited about seeing someone. And I GLOMP you.

*glomp*

Klia
11-24-2005, 01:08 PM
OMG.

It's like school! Except I'm more popular and people are saying nice things!

AND NO PIG'S BLOOD!

Hey, wait--KLIA. You damn me? YOU DAMN ME? But I put a picture of a shark up on my LJ. Is that not enough for you?

Hmm...is it a robotic shark?

And are you in robotic school?

But seriously, it is nice to see you and it has been a little boring without you constantly on here. What is this school? Is it school but so surreal because people are being nice? If it is then I think you are becoming popular because you haven't been hanging around us, espically me.

I can't see you LJ, it is clouded by the friend block thing that so many people have.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Wizzow, that's a first. Do I get hammerspace or something?

It shall kill me to say buh-bye. Which I will do when I gather enough grit.

Um, Happy Thursday!

cara
11-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Well, then, I shall take your grit away.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Hmm...is it a robotic shark?

And are you in robotic school?

But seriously, it is nice to see you and it has been a little boring without you constantly on here. What is this school? Is it school but so surreal because people are being nice? If it is then I think you are becoming popular because you haven't been hanging around us, espically me.

I can't see you LJ, it is clouded by the friend block thing that so many people have.

Well, I friended you. Ha.

It's actually a happy heart shark... but you can't see it because you're a friend now. Loser.

I just don't understand why I'm apparently so cool here, dammit.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Well, then, I shall take your grit away.

Oooh, damn. That means my goodbye will only have a few stutterey words, and perhaps some crying.

:(

BUT I'll post the reasons I gave everybody else... but I don't hate anyone. Hope we get that.

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Holy ****, it's an evil alien robot from outer space that stole Purple Squid's skin and removed the avatar and dances like a monkey.

Sensitive? You? HAH! Tha't's like saying I'm an evil *******....

wait....
welcome to the darkside klia.

cara
11-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Oooh, damn. That means my goodbye will only have a few stutterey words, and perhaps some crying.

So bet it. :D Kidding!

Eww... there's kissing and half-naked women in the ad next to this reply form!

Klia
11-24-2005, 01:28 PM
welcome to the darkside klia.

Nuh-uh I got +5 stamina up here.

You did...now did you Squid? You're something_squid right? Right.

That was me.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 01:31 PM
You did...now did you Squid? You're something_squid right? Right.

musicalghost. I'm that one who occasionally speaks on your lj.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 01:43 PM
So bet it. :D Kidding!

You got a half-naked lady?

I got... a 'punch out George and get a PS3 FREE'.

Although this game is full of spirituality and enlightenment, I feel like I won't actually be getting a PS3.

Gasp!

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 01:43 PM
well i'm lost.

KingCheez
11-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Holy ****, it's Squid.

Lemme change my pants and then I'll be right back.

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 02:27 PM
well purple squid, cheez was surprised.

KingCheez
11-24-2005, 02:29 PM
No. I just had too much to drink. That's all. That's all, okay!?

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 02:30 PM
sure...

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm so special. :'D

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 03:25 PM
hehehe

KingCheez
11-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Squid, it's like school, except the pedophile teacher doesn't love you, the classes are boards, RPs, and topics, you don't get saturday school if you're late to class, there are more parties, you don't learn, and everyone's crazy.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 04:23 PM
That is a very unique brand of logic you've got there, Cheez.

Although I have learned crap here.

I learned about the power of love, no?

KingCheez
11-24-2005, 04:25 PM
I suppose.

Hey you should get a picture of a purple squid, and make one of those circus-style posters that says "DEAD." That would be funny, and genre appropriate.

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I suppose.

Hey you should get a picture of a purple squid, and make one of those circus-style posters that says "DEAD." That would be funny, and genre appropriate.

Hm, perhaps I will.

Now I'm off to find a purple squid.

shinzuku
11-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm confused. What's going on?

Purple Squid
11-24-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm confused. What's going on?

I'm leaving the board. But no one knew why, so I came to tell them.

And now I'm declaring myself gone! As soon as this squid is fixed...

shinzuku
11-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh. Bye then.

Smon
11-24-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm leaving the board. But no one knew why, so I came to tell them.

And now I'm declaring myself gone! As soon as this squid is fixed...
You shall be missed.

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Squid, it's like school, except the pedophile teacher doesn't love you, the classes are boards, RPs, and topics, you don't get saturday school if you're late to class, there are more parties, you don't learn, and everyone's crazy.
i'm not crazy, i just see things from a different point of veiw.

KingCheez
11-24-2005, 08:58 PM
*turns on the last 51 seconds of Five Iron Frenzy - 06 Fahrenheit*

Reese: I'M SORRY, SO SORRY, I'M SORRY, SO SORRY, SO SORRY, I'M SORRY, SO SO-HA-HARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY........... ..............................

*cool guitar trumpet thing*

alliespixie
11-24-2005, 09:38 PM
werid

90SK
11-27-2005, 10:35 PM
: [

alliespixie
11-27-2005, 10:36 PM
mr.s,what's wrong?