PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of T3

vader815
11-01-2005, 05:59 PM
We Should get rid of T3. Who is with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vladimir-Vlada
11-01-2005, 06:06 PM
I am NOT with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

90SK
11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I second that opinion. :¬:

The Doctor
11-01-2005, 06:14 PM
T3 M4 IS THE BEST! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HIM!

vader815
11-01-2005, 06:31 PM
T3 is old, outdated, unwanted. Y do u want him. YYYYYYYYY??????????

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 06:33 PM
I suppose you don't want to get rid of HK though, do you. TOO BAD!!! They are a package deal, just like R2 and 3PO. I am definitely not with you :dissaprove:

Maybe they will let you decide whether he will stay or not, for the T3 haters like you, but he will be there.

Vladimir-Vlada
11-01-2005, 06:34 PM
BQOZ: He can get really funny if you know on where to poke him. :D

Killwithhonor
11-01-2005, 06:36 PM
keep him, you sick minded anti-t3m4 guy, go shooo! shooo! no need for this nonsense, lol

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Old and outdated?!?!?! I suppose if we were playing some stupid 100 years after K2 storyline, in that case HK would be outdated too. It ain't happenin!!!

Vladimir-Vlada
11-01-2005, 06:44 PM
stupid 100 years after K2 storyline
To tell you the truth, I hardly even consider approving that the KOTOR 3 storline starts more than 2 years after KOTOR 2 storyline, let alone 14 years. But DEFINAETLY NOT 100 YEARS!!!

SITHSLAYER133
11-01-2005, 06:57 PM
T3 and HK47 rules

vader815
11-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I suppose if we were playing some stupid 100 years after K2 storyline, in that case HK would be outdated too. It ain't happenin!!!

HK wouldn't be outdated cause he is literally one of a kind, and with all his new owners he gets upgrades to improve his progaming. T3-M4 on the other hand is one of many series of T3 and they probably get replaced every couple of years or so, and K2 doesn't count cause he was a major part of the story, provided you had repair and computer skills

vader815
11-01-2005, 07:00 PM
and the republic was almostt destroyed and didn't have time to upgrade their utility droids

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 07:04 PM
So? That doesn't mean anything. He would get upgraded too, in fact he could be a big storyline part in K3. Besides, if HK was one of a kind because he was built by Revan, we don't know who built T3. How do we know what kind of droid he is? The whole destroyed republic thing doesn't make anything different, because it wouldn't stay that way. And others would upgrade T3.

vader815
11-01-2005, 07:11 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!!! T3 is a utility droid. VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVery few utility droids are upgraded for a long time. and we do know who built T3 a twi lek on Taris. HK on the other hand is a Hunter Killer robot who can be upgraded with the latest of upgrades including one after his time. NOtice the "his".

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Hmmm... When are we ever told that Janice Nall built T3? Go look at the official website, or elsewhere: "Origin is unknown." You are never told that Janice built him, she just had him. Quite a difference.

And where did you ever get the idea that hardly any utility droids get upgraded? Look at R2, granted, he was way farther along, but he lasted through all of about several decades. Utility droids are able to be upgraded. You seem to have this problem with utility droids.

And about HK, in a hundred years he would be obsolete. Even the most upgrades wouldn't keep him running. The fact is, his base components would start to get outdated. He may get all these upgrades, but what happens when the stuff that you can't upgrade on him starts to fail? You could take his droid brain out and the other essential components out and put them into another HK droid, but then why not do that with T3?

Finally, we have had T3, and we will continue to have him. He is too much of a KotOR poster-droid to be thrown out.

vader815
11-01-2005, 07:49 PM
i say we get rid of both

a series of droids will take over the T3 line and the T4 will be the new utility droid of the SW universe

The Doctor
11-01-2005, 07:50 PM
No.
HK and T3 are far to popular to be removed. You won't win this argument. Only one other person has agreed with you so far. Sorry:D

90SK
11-01-2005, 08:19 PM
The Doctor is right. They're not going to replace T3 with "T4". It would be pointless and confusing.

lukeiamyourdad
11-01-2005, 08:33 PM
i say we get rid of both

a series of droids will take over the T3 line and the T4 will be the new utility droid of the SW universe

You're right, R2-D2 was obsolete during the entire OT, 30 years after his first appearance...

Frankly, your arguments have been childish and your spelling is horrendous. Don't expect to gather support this way.

Besides, HK-47 has a newer version of himself called HK-50.

Oh and by the way, what can you do in KotOR? Would replacing T3's level 1 armor for a level 3 one be considered an upgrade?! :eek:

Oh my god! I mean, I've upgraded T3!

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Was that in favor of replacing them, or sticking with them? I couldn't tell. And we are not talking about in-game upgrades, we are talking about other stuff that you can't do in the games, like Anakin's upgrades of R2.

lukeiamyourdad
11-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Like what? All the upgrades you did on T3 were still upgrades by definition.

Oh, and I'm not in favor of getting rid of them. I should know that sarcasm and internet doesn't go well together.

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 08:49 PM
I thought so, but the sarcasm about the upgrades made me a bit unsure as to your view. They should stay with them, they are too popular and important. Yes, I suppose so about the upgrades, but during the gap between K2 and K3 he could pass through several owners who would make out-of-game modifications on him.

Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 09:36 PM
i agree with vader 128wahevar-thingy. althogh t3 and hk-47 r cool, i think it is time for sum next gen droids.

Achilles
11-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Anyone that seriously thinks that T3 or the Ebon Hawk are going anywhere obviously didn't pay attention to the last game or any of the Star Wars movies. :r2d2: :c3po:

Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 09:52 PM
ur righti didn't pay attention! but oh well. i don't like hk, but if i cud upgrade his voice... den i'd be happy

90SK
11-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Why? His voice is the best part.

Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 10:32 PM
HK's voice is the most annoying aspect of the game!!! i want to shoot him and drown him and burn him and eat him then **** him out and burn him again!

90SK
11-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I was less fond of the random crashing, but that's just me.

SpaceAlex
11-01-2005, 10:42 PM
HK's voice is the most annoying aspect of the game!!! i want to shoot him and drown him and burn him and eat him then **** him out and burn him again!

If you find HK's voice annoying, then i guess you like Desciple's. :D :p

Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Any way, that's not my point. i agree that earlyier in the game u shud meet T3 and HK, but then they die or sumthing, and they get replaced by new and improved droids! T4 or 5 And maybe HK-56 or sumthing anyway,
i take the side of vader 815, good idea!

Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 10:46 PM
If you find HK's voice annoying, then i guess you like Desciple's. :D :p

who in the hell is disciple? is he the male handmaiden??

Samurai DD
11-01-2005, 10:47 PM
T3 Rules!!! He's the R2-D2 of the KOTOR series! You can't get rid of him! You just can't!

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
The problem is, Darthrevan, that the Ebon Hawk and T3 and HK are part of the KotOR series now. Killing them or getting rid of them would feel like a whole new game. If they make anymore games around the time period but a different series, then I won't mind if they aren't there. But they have become the Millenium Falcon and R2 and 3PO of the KotOR series.

Ps. To everyone, KotOR II is on the way for me! You are probably not impressed, and you might be suprised that I have not played KotOR II, but I just thought I would express my joy, even if the game seems to be not that great! :D

The_Maker
11-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I am NOT with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me neither. :dozey:

T3 FTW!!!!!!!!!!1!

necromancing
11-01-2005, 11:16 PM
You know, I ALWAYS wanted to take T3 with me, but it's hard to pass up on those Jedi like Bastila, Juhani and Jolee.

As far as HK, he's a decent fighter and certainly good for a laugh or two. I really enjoyed using him on Tatooine.

RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh, and Darthrevan, the Disciple is the guy you meet on Dantooine in K2, a historian or something I think. He only joins you if you are female. Ask someone who has actually played the game, though. :)

RedHawke
11-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Anyone that seriously thinks that T3 or the Ebon Hawk are going anywhere obviously didn't pay attention to the last game or any of the Star Wars movies. :r2d2: :c3po:
Quoted for emphasis!

Prime
11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
T3 is old, outdated, unwanted. Y do u want him. YYYYYYYYY??????????Because he is wicked awesome!!

HK wouldn't be outdated cause he is literally one of a kindWhat are you talking about? You mean like 10 of them in TSL!

RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Any way, that's not my point. i agree that earlyier in the game u shud meet T3 and HK, but then they die or sumthing, and they get replaced by new and improved droids! T4 or 5 And maybe HK-56 or sumthing anyway,
i take the side of vader 815, good idea!

It is not a good idea :xp:.

That is like saying for Episode VI we should have R2 and 3PO show up for a little while but get melted down by the empire. And then, omg!!, we get something really cool, we get some R5 that is just like any other R5 and we get some other protocol droid off the street. :xp:

That is the problem I have with getting rid of T3 because he is quote "outdated and not one of a kind." Actually, he is. Just like R2 is one of a kind. They actually have a personality, although I wish it was a little bit more developed. And then you say that we should keep HK because he is one of a kind. Looking at it differently, you could say that HK is not one of a kind, he was being mass produced for a while. The replicas of him were not as good as he was, of course, but then neither would the replicas of T3, utility droids. They are both one of a kind droids.

We can't have two great droids all the way through and then kill them so we can get some stupid little T4 droid that is just like any other stupid droid you meet in the game. That is like saying, "lets get rid of Mandalore and recruit one of those Mandalorian's on Dantooine.", or "lets get rid of Bastila Shan and recruit that Jedi on the Endar Spire."

Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 11:33 AM
HK-47 is one of a kind because of what he has lived, Revan being his master and all. Other HK series droids are cool, but 47 is the greatest. The reason for "one of a kind" droids with personalities, is, at least in the SW universe, the lack of memory wipes, that develop quirky traits in utility and astromech droids, and in protocol too, but in lesser grade. (3PO gets a memory wipe in Ep. III, but retains his personality in IV-VI, without memories of his creator.)

Prime
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM
T3's master was also Revan. Why is he different?

RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Just in case you were responding to me, samuraidd, HK is one-of-a-kind, I threw that in there to show people how it was stupid not to call T3 one of a kind and yet say HK is. They are both one of a kind; HK was built by Revan, and T3 we don't know who built. Not only that, but along with HK he was under Revan and the Exile, who probably upgraded him FAR past the normal utility droid. Not to mention that T3 wasn't "normal" at the beginning anyways.

Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 01:14 PM
T3's master was also Revan. Why is he different?

Uhhh... trick question, can't really find an answer. Maybe the real point is, HK was programmed as an assassin droid, while T3 is just a normal utility droid.

RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
^Normal? I would definitely not call him normal, not to mention as I said he probably was upgraded many times.

Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I would say he's pretty normal. But, the pont is, HK was propiety of Revan when he was a dark lord, so that influenced him a lot. But as for T3, you buy him after.

The_Maker
11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Because he is wicked awesome!!

What are you talking about? You mean like 10 of them in TSL!

0wned with a capital 0 :xp:

So far, T3 doesn't seem to be going anywhere. :emodanc:

RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I would say he's pretty normal. But, the pont is, HK was propiety of Revan when he was a dark lord, so that influenced him a lot. But as for T3, you buy him after.

About as normal as R2 is normal :xp:.

vader815
11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
But if you think about it, if you played the dark side on K2 the Hawk, HK, and T3 all disappeared, we don't know if they flew out of the ship or if they were in it when it fell. that is enough for me we it comes to say that they are nolonger part of the KOTOR series. Remember that that includes T3

The Doctor
11-02-2005, 06:12 PM
That was stupid. How will they explain what happened to the Ebon Hawk and the complanions if you tell the game they were dark side last game?
TSL was poorly done, and I was expecting a much better product. But that subject has been debated to death, so I will shut up now.

90SK
11-02-2005, 06:16 PM
<Insert Pro-TSL argument here>

The Doctor
11-02-2005, 06:19 PM
^TSL was, in and of itself, an OK game. Without the fact that is was supossed to be a sequal, it had a fairly well written storyline, and the characters were interestin, if incomplete. It had a good combat engine, etc., and the graphices were amazing.
I just think it could have been much better.

90SK
11-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I would argue that it was much better, but due to circumstance it got sieved to death.

Retail TSL can make way for a sequel, if barely. I mean, who is to say that anyone in your party save Mira and GO-TO were on the Hawk to begin with? It's a terrible argument, but it's enough leverage for them, I guess.

The Doctor
11-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Are you saying it was better than KotOR? I'm scared of you.
Like I said, TSL was an Ok game, but it could have been better. I wish they had at least spent more time tying up the loose ends that they left hanging there - like your relationship with Mira, the fact that you couldn't do anything with Bao-Dur if you were male, and the HK-50 droids, to name a few. They should have replaced the HK-50 droids with normal bounty hunters instead of leaving us hanging there waiting to find out where they came from.

90SK
11-02-2005, 06:35 PM
No. I said the original concept was on par with KotOR, but the butchered retail version was not (though frankly, I enjoyed them both as much. Each had unique qualities).

DarkExcalibur42
11-02-2005, 06:52 PM
T3 is old, outdated, unwanted. Y do u want him. YYYYYYYYY??????????

Mostly because he's old, outdated, and NOT unwanted. Old stuff kicks ass. He has actually had time to develop SOME KIND OF PERSONALITY!!!!

ALL characters are supposed to have limitations or flaws. It's what makes them interesting. Rule number 1 for anyone who ever does any creative writing. And reason number 1 for why i'm indifferent to Superman.

*ahem*
anyhow, he was my favorite character (tied with Jolee and HK-47). I just wish they had done more with him in K1.

RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
But if you think about it, if you played the dark side on K2 the Hawk, HK, and T3 all disappeared, we don't know if they flew out of the ship or if they were in it when it fell. that is enough for me we it comes to say that they are nolonger part of the KOTOR series. Remember that that includes T3

And HK. But look, the fact is they are not going to get rid of the majority (yes I said majority) of fans by getting rid of them. As you said, we don't know whether they survived. So they could have them come back. And it just doesn't make sense, we have all these recurring things in both games, and then for the last one they are gone and we have some run-of-the-mill droids or ship or whatever? Uh-uh, isn't going to happen.

Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
About as normal as R2 is normal :xp:.

Exactly. That is what I was really trying to convey. If you think about it, R2 is normal; any other astromech droid under the same circumstances would have done the same R2 does. But we have all come to love little R2. As we love T3.

vader815
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
What does "TSL" mean? Sorry for dumbly asking during a T3 arguement

Darthrevan_3
11-02-2005, 09:31 PM
TSL:
The
Sith
Lords

Duh! :stick: so dum, must poke,... OMG! :sheepdanc

lukeiamyourdad
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM

No, you just ASSUMED that they didn't come out. The Exile could've fished the Hawk out of there after the endgame cinematic.

vader815
11-03-2005, 07:51 AM
No, you just ASSUMED that they didn't come out. The Exile could've fished the Hawk out of there after the endgame cinematic.

And you just ASSUME that he did

Sabretooth
11-03-2005, 08:49 AM
How about something like, you take T3, and then you can use upgrades/equipment to modify his look and feel? Something like Winamp skins?

90SK
11-03-2005, 09:10 AM

No, he presented the other case scenario to your assumption, both as likely to be truth. He didn't counter your assumption with another assumption.

Prime
11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Maybe the real point is, HK was programmed as an assassin droid, while T3 is just a normal utility droid.But I like that. I think it is good to have characters like T3, Mission, Bao-Dur, and the like who are not really combat oriented by nature. They add a nice variety and very different skill sets that compliments the rest of the group. I don't want every NPC to be a warrior.

I would definitely not call him normal, not to mention as I said he probably was upgraded many times. He was. By me! :D

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 11:04 AM

Um, people don't usually assume with words like "could." Come on, Vader... :xp:

lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 11:25 PM

No, I don't. I'm bringing up the other possibility (as CptSkye said and Rob mentionning my use of the word "could"). There is no assurance whatsoever that they remained in the depths or were fished out eventually.
None of the two possibility is more or less viable then the other. We are at an impasse. The argument pretty much ends here.

RedHawke
11-03-2005, 11:38 PM
T3 pwns! All those who say otherwise must have never actually used him... :p

That shock arm was awesome in TSL, little T3 could open up a can of whoopass with that... 10-60 damage at level 10+, and no charges, come on people that just rules!

That little tin can kicks butt! :xp:

Hallucination
11-03-2005, 11:55 PM
We Should get rid of T3. Who is with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You be crazy. You die now. Seriously though, t3 is one very good reason to get the kotor series, and getting rid of him goes right up to the top of the list (of stupid things to do to kotor) with 'make it like JA' and 'make it a side-scrolling adventure in a lush 16 colour landscape'. In other words NO!

lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 11:59 PM
I can't believe 4 persons actually voted to get rid of him :disaprove

YertyL
11-04-2005, 02:14 AM
T3 pwns! All those who say otherwise must have never actually used him... :p

That shock arm was awesome in TSL, little T3 could open up a can of whoopass with that... 10-60 damage at level 10+, and no charges, come on people that just rules!

That little tin can kicks butt! :xp:
Not to forget a renewable droid shield,self-sustaining unit (I hope that is what it is called :) ) and the ability to both renew your own FP and be repaired instantly (after you have unlocked it).
T3 = Prince of pwnage, sorry Moeller :p

RobQel-Droma
11-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah, T3 is actually a great character believe it or not, even in KotOR I. When KotOR II gets to me about wednesday (had to order it online), I am going to try out him in there, since I hear he can do some more things.

I said this somewhere else and I am going to say it here. How dum would it be if R2 and 3PO died in the middle of episode VI and were replaced by a couple unknown droids, and Luke was ok with it because they were outdated? T3 has a personality, he has had time to build one. That pretty much makes him unique right there.

lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 01:20 PM
^^^^

In K2, he's a murderous maniac. You can arm the little droid with very powerful weaponry combined to his unholy amount of skills, he's more versatile then Bao-Dur.

spinkle
11-04-2005, 01:59 PM
^^^^

In K2, he's a murderous maniac. You can arm the little droid with very powerful weaponry combined to his unholy amount of skills, he's more versatile then Bao-Dur.

Let's hear it for the Droid Warfare upgrade and the Anatomy Library =D

lord ignarn
11-04-2005, 03:28 PM
I believe that he has grown a lot from k1. His new paper is much more interesting, I mean, from being a piece of hardware it becames a full new character. And with a background. And, as he can be upgraded with weapons it could be a good idea to include it in k3.

H2O_dk
11-09-2005, 06:39 AM
I actually used T3 in my last game (with hardcore mod), He and Kreia boarded Goto's ship.
When he accessed the first terminal he could download a program that gave him +1 dex

SITHSLAYER133
11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
who says that hk 47 stayed on the ship when there where plenty meatbags to kill with out the distraction of the master ordering not to that droid ruled it adored mass slaughter wat could be better

The Doctor
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
HK did stay on the Ebon Hawk. Revan wiped his memory and took him apart to make sure he wouldn't follow, I think.
If Revan ordered HK to stay with Bastila or whatever, he would follow that order, as he's programmed to do.
Try using puntuation, SITHSLAYER;)

Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Ok I got sick of reading so I might remake arguements but whatever. First dont take examples from the DS ending of TSL... because it sucked. I always play through as a DS counsoler and I just sat there and went... what the hell?!? I mean it was deeply upsetting.

Second HK-47 is the man... period... he is the man. If anything they should talk more about him... his thing on how to kill jedi was frieken awesome. I think there needs to be more of him being blatently evil. And the pacifism chip was cool too. Like I wanna see a sideclip of him taking target practice on kreia because shes "obsolete technology" or something

Third if you wouldve said scrap T3 when I was on Taris I woudlve said thank you but after TSL no way. I had him at my side and did max upgrades the dudes dex and con gets ridiculous. And him becomming more like R2 made him mad cool. He needs to become even more glitchy and like R2. Like I want him to do some of the stuff R2 did in Ep3 and act more like him. How sweet would it be if he launched you a lightsabor?

If anything they shouldnt have had GOTO in this game... he was stupid and an unwanted driod. Mad props for him looking like the turtore driod in Ep4 but there was no circular ball of useless on the falcon. 2 driods thats it. Also all he did was bring more unanswered questions like the HK50s. Didnt HK give me something to help find them and then we didnt ever do that not even a little bit. I hate the unfinished buisiness in Knights 2. Seriously great game but dissapointed with unfinished buisiness.

vader815
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Okay how about instead of getting rid of T3 we just upgrade him to T4, does anyone agree with that?

Shem
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Getting rid of T3 is like getting rid of R2 in the Star Wars Saga. It just doesn't feel right. :(

~DarthGeek~
04-12-2006, 09:47 PM
But T3 is the best part of Kotor, don't replace our favorite droid! :r2d2:

Hallucination
04-12-2006, 09:52 PM
No, leave him as he is. We already have a murderous little maniac the first level of Force Lightning, why should we make him T4?

Henz
04-13-2006, 03:54 PM
HK should stay he's cool

I don't give a ****e about a utility droid tho. T3 can roll off a cliff.

JediMaster12
04-13-2006, 04:28 PM
T3 M4 IS THE BEST! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HIM!
No better way to say this but yeah I agree. T3 is like R2; you CAN'T get rid of him. Besides he know more about where Revan went than you'll ever know.

HerbieZ
04-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Hmmm... When are we ever told that Janice Nall built T3? Go look at the official website, or elsewhere: "Origin is unknown." You are never told that Janice built him, she just had him. Quite a difference.

Actually, she did build him. Canderous says that Davik had the droid custom built by Janice Nall. This is when he sends you off to buy the droid from her.

igyman
04-13-2006, 04:38 PM
T3 should definitely NOT be replaced, removed from the game, etc. I guess he could just appear as a NPC and not as a party member in the third game, but I doubt that will be the case.

Marcus55
04-13-2006, 04:44 PM
No way! How can you get rid of the best astromech droid???

Jae Onasi
04-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Keep the droids!

Maverick5770
04-14-2006, 01:22 AM
This has been beat to death, and then some, but;
Getting rid of T3 is crazy, thats like letting the empire get their death star plans back then letting them melt R2 and Luke getting a G5, and just saying"Oh well" nuhuh, no way keep T3 he has become one of the essential elements of KOTOR.

T3-M4
04-14-2006, 03:01 AM
How could you get rid of me? :cry8:

I voted for Yes. It was fun to play as him.

JediMaster12
04-14-2006, 03:50 AM
I know I wouldn't think of getting rid of you :D
T3 is a necessity. I have trouble imaging him not being there.

Vaelastraz
04-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I dont think we should get rid of him. But, unlike HK, he doesnt really have a personality. In Kotor 1 he was beyond useless. You couldnt even talk to him.
In Kotor 2 he had that Bastila scene, which was nice, and he could at least talk.

However, if we could only keep one droid, i would prefer HK-47.

Meatbag
04-14-2006, 08:18 AM
T3 is pretty important in K2. He does save the Exile many times. And he has some very fun dialogues.

How could the thought even skim over somebody's head? T3 is essential!

Renegade Puma
04-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Anyone who thinks that we should get rid of T3 should be flogged.

Lantzen
04-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Keep him, and btw i think T3 have some dialougs in Kotor if you take him and HK of the ship togheter. Think someon mention that in some other thread.

milo
04-17-2006, 01:34 AM
I suppose you don't want to get rid of HK though, do you. TOO BAD!!! They are a package deal, just like R2 and 3PO. I am definitely not with you :dissaprove:

Maybe they will let you decide whether he will stay or not, for the T3 haters like you, but he will be there.

I'm with this guy. Getting rid of T3 would be like getting rid of R2. It just wouldn't feel right.

†Saint_Killa†
04-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Without T3 you cannot find Revan in K3 because he can unlock the Ebon Hawks navicomputer and maybe tell Revan's whereabouts. T3 is the key.

Curse
04-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Don't rid us of the noisemaker. Both of our beloved droids gotta stay.

However, i've never had any real "use" of T3, except the parts where he is neccessary. I always chose a Jedi, or HK-47 before T3. But even so, i agree with the Astromech-lovers, T3 stays, he's got his own importance to the KotOR-series.

shinyjedi
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I won't disclose my vote, but if you will all take note of my avatar? :rolleyes:

T3 was never, from the moment Davik Kang commisioned his construction, a "standard" atromech droid. He was purpose-built, just like HK47 was, simply for a different purpose. (hacking, cracking, and generally having his way with unsuspecting computer systems)

In my playthroughs, T3 typically leads the mission onto G0-T0's yacht. Sometimes I'll take Mira, sometimes Visas, sometimes Bao Dur, but ALWAYS T3-M4.

He has, in his own way, more personality than Bao Dur, and CERTAINLY more than the Disciple! And if you watch the cutscenes, he does have a distinct personality and sense of humor. I can almost picture him doing that casual stroll while whistling thing that typifies innocence when you're questioning HK on certain events.

I'd as soon play K3 without lightsabers as without T3.

Soogz
04-18-2006, 10:16 PM
No way they should get rid of T3. He is a main part of the story, plus it is always classic to have the two droids, and replacing him with a different droid just doesn't feel right.

tbl1
04-19-2006, 01:42 AM
It's like telling luke to get rid of r2d2, telling Face from the a-team to get rid of the 'Vet' (corvette) or BA (Mr. T) to get rid of the van with the red stripe. Telling hassehoff (how ever you spell it) to get rid of knightrider, the dukes of hazard to get rid of the confederate flag on top of their car. Can't think of any other than cars.

RedHawke
04-19-2006, 02:00 AM
I repeat: T3 pwns! All those who say otherwise must have never actually used him... :p

Telling hassehoff (how ever you spell it) to get rid of knightrider
*Puts on 80's TV show geek hat*

Michael Knight's car was called KITT...

Though I'm a fan of KITT's evil twin KARR myself! :xp:

*Flees thread before being pelted with rotten fruit for knowing this*

Jae Onasi
04-19-2006, 02:17 AM
It's like telling luke to get rid of r2d2, telling Face from the a-team to get rid of the 'Vet' (corvette) or BA (Mr. T) to get rid of the van with the red stripe. Telling hassehoff (how ever you spell it) to get rid of knightrider, the dukes of hazard to get rid of the confederate flag on top of their car. Can't think of any other than cars.

Like Jaime Sommers and Steve Austin without their Bionics, or Johnny Gage and Roy DeSoto without their defibrillator, or Reed and Malloy without their police badges....
Like MacGyver without, well, I guess that one won't work since he could build anything out of duct tape, paper clips, Q-tips, and Hershey bars.

Keep T3 forever.

Reclaimer
04-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Get rid of him...and you die.

**leaves room**

Jason Skywalker
04-19-2006, 07:37 AM
T3-M4 and HK-47 will never be replaced.

Cygnus Q'ol
04-21-2006, 02:06 PM

Don't forget Starsky's Grand Torino or the multi-colored bus of the Partridge family.

C'mon, how would the Jetsons have gotten along without Rosie?

I think Vader815 has droid-a-phobia. It's 2006, gotta get over yourself.

Not only is T3 a character, but he's quite useful. I can't really imagine playing KotOR without him. He is an intrical part of this saga and it would be a grave mistake to exclude him from the next KotOR. I'm quite sure he'll be there, if they continue the series.

He was fun to play with and I really wish I could've done more with him.
I agree with Saint Killa. He can unlock the nav-com and follow Revan.
That actually wouldn't be a bad place to start K3.
(OK, maybe not start, but, weave it in there somehow).

mimic666
04-21-2006, 02:56 PM
After breaking into the sith military base in Kotor1, he's useless. Also after escapiing peragus in K2, he is also useless. GOTO could've destroyed Malachor V if he wanted to. What would he do in K3? finally fix the food dispenser?

PS. HK isn't 'one of a kind' shown in K2 on Telos.

JediMaster12
04-21-2006, 05:05 PM
O the blasphemy! :xp:
T3 is a big help in getting into the system on Goto's yacht and reveals bits about Revan. In KOTOR, after the Sith military base, I took him onto Korriban to unlock Uthar's room so I didn't have to initiate the double-double cross quest. He is quite the handy lil droid.

Hallucination
04-21-2006, 06:20 PM
After breaking into the sith military base in Kotor1, he's useless. Also after escapiing peragus in K2, he is also useless. GOTO could've destroyed Malachor V if he wanted to. What would he do in K3? finally fix the food dispenser?

Try upgrading him fully in K2. ;)

vader815
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM

What do you mean HK-47 isn't 'one of a kind' there is nothing like him, not even the HK-50 are like him, HK-47 single handly defeated many jedi while several teams of HK-50's couldn't kill one.

shinyjedi
04-21-2006, 08:42 PM
In the Sith acadamy on Korriban in K1, I used T3 to exploit the level up glitch. He was the only one in the party whose computer skill was l33t enough to do it without loads of spikes. I only wish the exploit was as quick in K2 as it was with T3 in K1.

He's invaluable on G0-T0s yacht in K2.

G0-T0, on the other hand, in addition to having a name that's annoying to type, was utterly worthless. Could have destroyed Malachor V? Only by stopping Remote from triggering the generator. Almost anybody could have done the same. Now, try the scenerio between G0-T0 and T3-M4, and the outcome suddenly isn't so clear. Fully upgraded and kitted out, the two should be at least equal until you take into account all the extra boosts T3 gets from Exile's tinkering and the T3 only armor upgrades and self-sustaining unit. Fatboy would get schooled by T3, set back a couple of grades, and reschooled. Now, sure, Gone-Out might be able to do something using out of game skills such as K....R.....E....I....A (accentuated spelling in homage to meatbag :rock: ) did when entering the Trayus acadamy, but what might T3 not have been capable of using out of game abilities?

mimic666
04-21-2006, 11:00 PM
If you have high enough Security skills and a Security spike tunneler you don't need T3 to get into uthar's room. On GOTO's yacht you don't need T3 if you have enough Computer skills. Um, vader someone said HK is one of a kind and I replyed saying that the type HK isn't unique not HK-47 himself and look above my post someoneelse also says he's not unique other than myself. Hmm didn't know of this level up glitch, but I know of several others. I know some glitches for k2, but I haven't played in over a year, so I'm not surprised I missed some of the stuff in the second paragraph shinjedi.

shinyjedi
04-22-2006, 01:58 AM
With very few exceptions, no character in the game is completely indespensible. Yes, any character with the proper computer skill and spikes/tunnellers could have done uthar's room, but does that make T3 useless? Hardly. T3 is easier to get to the point where you don't need that stuff. I concentrated on getting my PC to be good with computers and repair, but T3 just left her in the dust. In K2 in particular, he starts with really good stats and advances more quickly than is possible relying solely on experience points.
With the exception of the assasination protocols, HK is no better than T3 in all the stats that count. Okay, his strength is way higher, but you can't equip any of the droids with melee weapons anyway, so who cares?
And G0-T0's special doesn't even have a function in the game so far as I can tell!

In the end, unless the writers specify that "Only character X may perform this mission or this function," there is choice. But really, how many of the characters have truly unique and indespensible abilities? In K2 you can end up with 2 jedi sentinals and 2 guardians in addition to the true neutral consular and whatever your PC is. Which you take becomes, particularly at higher levels, a matter of preference. Sure, Mira can ignore mines and Atton keeps getting up when he goes to 0 vitality and Bao Dur can destroy force fields. But beyond those special traits, a jedi is a jedi, and they're kind of interchangable. There are other ways to get past mines and break force fields, and if you're in so much trouble that Atton's ability to not stay dead comes into play, you're already in too much trouble. Who you take along is more about who you WANT to take than who you need to take. By the standard of "after breaking into the sith military base, he's useless" then Mira is useless after she lets the exile into the Jekk Jekk Tar, and Bao Dur is useless after he makes the lightsaber, Juhani is useless after you either kill her or don't kill her, Visas is useless untill you board the Ravager, and G0-T0 is useless after you show him to the hutt on Nar Shadda (okay, that one I agree with :) ) Just because he doesn't have a specific task, doesn't mean he's useless. Although, come to think of it, T3 is required on Nar Shadda in order to get to G0-T0's yacht. I suppose to be fair, I could say that Mira is necessary on Malachor V except that I still can't figure out how her meeting with Hanhaar advances the story at all. :giveup:

T3 has character and is a pretty handy guy to have around to boot. His extra buffs go a long way to making him more powerful than the average droid, which he never was to begin with. Like HK, he was one of a kind, purpose built, with no peer.

mimic666
04-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the flame shinyjedi I was agreeing with you until this point, besides like I said before I haven't played k2 in like a year or so. Mira lets you bypass the crap load of mines on GOTO'S yacht removing them is just a waist of time and on Duxon before you come in contact with all those sith and the dark jedi, but the fact you can turn her into a jedi on nar shaada is kinda cool to have on duxon so you don't only have one jedi with that party. Bao dur fixes the f**ked up parts of the ship and you also get some backstory of your PC from him (he was under your command in the mandalorian wars), yeah you can stick your lightsaber in the force field so he's useless in that point. Juhani (on the lightside) frees you from the force field on the Leviathan and is funny when you flirt with her when you are female with low persuade points. Juhani kind of helps on the Unknown world even though you don't want the help by her and Jolee. I really don't don't like atton. Visas shows you how she sees through the force and is better to have instead of a 'jedi' with only one hand. Like I said before 'the type HK is not unique, but the droid HK-47 is'. by the way when I play I max out comp, repair, security and treat injury and fill in what's left, but now that I have KSE I max out everything at 100. I've got to goto work now bye.

bobogarcia
04-22-2006, 10:52 AM
I dont really care for him. I used him the least in both games. HK is alot more interesting and should be in.

Hallucination
04-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the flame shinyjedi
He didn't flame you.... Mira lets you bypass the crap load of mines on GOTO'S yacht removing them is just a waist of time and on Duxon before you come in contact with all those sith and the dark jedi
That's because you don't use those mines, but some people do. but the fact you can turn her into a jedi on nar shaada is kinda cool to have on duxon so you don't only have one jedi with that party. She isn't the only person who can become a jedi in the game... Bao dur fixes the f**ked up parts of the ship and you also get some backstory of your PC from him (he was under your command in the mandalorian wars)What does he fix? Juhani (on the lightside) frees you from the force field on the Leviathan and is funny when you flirt with her when you are female with low persuade points. You can use almost any character in your party at that part... I really don't don't like atton. Well good for you. Visas shows you how she sees through the force and is better to have instead of a 'jedi' with only one hand. But Force Sight is worthless after the first few moments of fun, and you can get four other jedi in your party. by the way when I play I max out comp, repair, security and treat injury and fill in what's left, but now that I have KSE I max out everything at 100.
Good to see you can cheat, but how does that make T3 useless to people who play the game normally?

The Source
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
What I like about KotOR is that there are a few items that relate to the 'Original trilogy'.
1. Ebon Hawk
2. T3-M4

If the developers dropped these two, I would not feel like Han Solo when playing KotOR.

shinyjedi
04-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the flame shinyjedi

Eh? What flame?

Mira lets you bypass the crap load of mines on GOTO'S yacht removing them is just a waist of time
You get at least 45 exp for each low grade mine. I would imagine tougher mines net more, but haven't checked. If you retrieve every mine on G0-T0's yacht, it almost amounts to a trip through the kinrath cave experience-wise. Ignoring them nets nothing. The real interesting thing is to retrieve and then reset them.

Bao dur fixes the f**ked up parts of the ship

The only in-game repairs he does that actually mean anything are the upgrades to G0-T0 and remote, neither of which I, personally, have ever benefited from. In any case, both of the boosts together don't amount to half of what T3 gets all by himself, even leaving aside the mostly un-needed force regen ability he gains.

Note: I have double-checked this post, and while it does answer some of your statements in ways you might not like, I can find no trace of flame. Enjoy the game, and next time you're on Leviathon, try using Mission to rescue the others, she works great.

mimic666
04-23-2006, 12:36 AM
I was just kidding about the flame bit. I don't really use mines in k2 that much that's my way of doing things, I didn't say that's what everybody does or should do. I used Mira as an example because shinyjedi said something about her being useless and I do not like atton, but nothing was said about the handmaiden. whenever you speak to him he's always somewhere where there is sparking wire, so I fiqured he was fixing something. Bao does fix T3 if he counts as part of the ship since he can 'dock' with it. How far on the leviathon can you get before being destroyed while using characters other than Juhani or Canderous? Yes I HATE Atton and that's my opinion and thanks for yours. I only cheat now because I've beaten the game 10x Lightside 4x Darkside. shinyjedi I don't like XP, Leveling up gets in the way of killing. I use the mines alot while dealing with Rancors and Terantateks. Mission always get's shot to sh*t when I play with her. I'm getting back to the main topic. Whether or not T3 should be dealt with is in the players hands. How a person plays the game is up to them, I personally don't like T3 because he bleeps too d**n much, nah just kidding he's okay... I guess.

Dark Lord Revan
04-23-2006, 09:30 PM

AY....MEN!!!

firehead2591
04-23-2006, 11:06 PM
no no no no no no no.... i love t3 and hes not regular...hes an astromech droid that has a pesonality that i really like...and you can't say that hk and t3 would have been destroyed because you could reinforce is dialouge(like tsl) that the ebon hawk WASN"T destryed in malachor V. And if you did say that then i guess you would have to have a completely different set of allies

Prime
04-24-2006, 02:45 PM
We are still talking about this?? I really feel like I should close this thread.

Should I?

Dark Lord Revan
04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
guh...that isnt the Cannon ending...

NomadInvader
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
T3 has a place in my heart(although HK-47's is greater) and you shall not get rid of him!!! If you get rid of T3, you'll then be whining about getting rid of T*. It's an endless chain waiting to happen! Don't start it.

JediMaster12
04-24-2006, 06:47 PM
We are still talking about this?? I really feel like I should close this thread.

Should I?
It's up to you Prime though I am fairly certain that a number of people love to rant about T3 and Hk and whether or not we should get rid of them. :D

shinyjedi
04-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Active interest, no flaming, I'd say let it live :thmbup1:

Lightsider
04-25-2006, 04:04 AM
T3 is a unique droid and is a one of a kind droid, and why would you think it wouldbe outdated. Even computers now can be upgraded so in an avanced civ like the star wars universe almost everything would be upgradable.

TegSkywalker
04-27-2006, 11:35 PM
I think they should keep T3 because he was the R2-D2 of this series. Yes he wasn't that great of a fighter, but was handy at times to open up locked containers or use a terminal. He also helped me get secret items since my main characters in both games did not develop strong technical skills.

Prime
04-28-2006, 10:40 AM
I think they should keep T3 because he was the R2-D2 of this series. Yes he wasn't that great of a fighter, but was handy at times to open up locked containers or use a terminal. I'd almost say the opposite. In TSL at least he was almost too good of a fighter, as you could upgrade him into a tank. I would have prefered that he was less combat oriented, and more focused in the astromech abilities. Granted the player has some control over this...

Darth Manus
04-28-2006, 10:51 AM
The little fellow is quite useful, makes for an interesting character, and well, he's great to have around. Besides, it's funny to see bigger enemies getting their asses handed to them by a little astromech droid.

JediMaster12
04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Like three HK-50s getting fried by T3's shock arm. Classic! :lol:

Darth Manus
04-28-2006, 01:00 PM
That's what I'm talking about! Incidentally, I laughed my ass off when I watched R2 using his thrusters as a flamethrower. Talk about devilish little droids... T3 and R2 are little metal demons! XD

Jasper_Kazai
04-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't really care either way. I never use T3 after Taris. (Or any other time he is 100% needed in order to continue, if there is any. I forgot.)

JediMaster12
04-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I mentioned that I used him to unlock Uthar Wynn's room. That way I didn't have to go through the whole thing of the double-double cross. My security was never high enough anyway.

DarthBalls9
04-28-2006, 03:34 PM
i think in KotOR III the should let you use R2D2 and C3P0. now would that be cool. who is with me

The Doctor
04-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Oh, the continuity errors...

Jasper_Kazai
04-28-2006, 05:00 PM
i think in KotOR III the should let you use R2D2 and C3P0. now would that be cool. who is with meThat'd be stupid. Now, if they were put in as an easter egg... That'd be cool. :thmbup1:

Point Man
04-28-2006, 08:40 PM
T3 has to stay. You have to use him to unlock the navicomputer on the Ebon Hawk so you can go to the Unknown Regions where Revan went.

shinyjedi
04-28-2006, 09:10 PM
i think in KotOR III the should let you use R2D2 and C3P0. now would that be cool. who is with me

C3P0 was built by Anakin Skywalker some 4000 years after the events in Kotor. I'm guessing we won't be jumping that far ahead.

Jasper_Kazai
04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
C3P0 was built by Anakin Skywalker some 4000 years after the events in Kotor. I'm guessing we won't be jumping that far ahead.You never know...
Knights of the Galatic Empire (and a Little Before That)
Starring everyone's favorite troublesome droid duo, C-3P0 and R2-D2!

Darth Manus
04-28-2006, 11:35 PM
I just wonder why they made C-3PO sound so... uh... cowardly and almost queer.

JediMaster12
04-29-2006, 02:47 AM
He's a protocol droid. He's programmed for ettiquette, not destruction. Maybe it was part of the comedy?

shinyjedi
04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
There was an actor named Roddy McDowell who sort of personified the "gentleman's gentleman" in the color era of the movies. 3P0's mannerisms and voice closely approximate (with droidy bits added) Mr McDowell's.
The diff is that Roddy McDowell was the epitome of the "veddy veddy" British aristocracy of the late colonial era. They all sounded sort of cowardly and gay and yet the Union Jack flew over a good chunk of the globe before they called it a day. Whereas 3P0 seems really to have been cowardly.

Roddy McDowell
http://www.xmoppet.org/tv/cross/cross002.jpg

Hoboknight
04-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I hate driods period, R2D2 was gaaay

HoboKnight, refrain from using the word "gay" from describing something in a derogitory manner. -RH

Darth Manus
04-30-2006, 07:38 PM
R2, T3 and HK would make one hell of a team. Two little demons with shock arms, thrusters, flamethrowers and blasters, and a metal exterminator with an attitude... Now there's something I'd love to see.

Dark Lord Revan
05-01-2006, 06:27 PM
You're right, R2-D2 was obsolete during the entire OT, 30 years after his first appearance...

Frankly, your arguments have been childish and your spelling is horrendous. Don't expect to gather support this way.

Besides, HK-47 has a newer version of himself called HK-50.

Oh and by the way, what can you do in KotOR? Would replacing T3's level 1 armor for a level 3 one be considered an upgrade?! :eek:

Oh my god! I mean, I've upgraded T3!
I dissagree to the entirety of your post...even your title

R2-D2 is a classic charecter...and so is C-3P0, you cant break them up
neither can your break up T3 and HK, there Are R7's out there...but luke kept R2, there are other protocol droids, but they still have Ani's

GO DEVILS!

Hallucination
05-01-2006, 07:22 PM
^^The statement about R2 being useless was sarcasm. ;)

JediMaster12
05-01-2006, 07:43 PM
I hate driods period
What's there to hate about droids? They are damned useful especially if you take fighters into battle. The astromechs are handy lil blokes. What's there not to like?

The Doctor
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
What's wrong with droids, Hoboknight?

90SK
05-01-2006, 10:01 PM
T3 is Revan's droid. After K1, we don't know what Revan did to him, or what he said to him specifically. It's clear that T3 is aware of things regarding Revan that the player doesn't find out. I think for story purposes T3 should remain a character in KotOR III, though I wouldn't mind him being out of the party after the initial introduction.

That'd be stupid. Now, if they were put in as an easter egg... That'd be cool. :thmbup1:

An interesting idea. OE did put those dialogue easter eggs in KotOR II, so they’re certainly capable of throwing in out-of-context references. Maybe after a couple of playthroughs, they could be seen in some remote location in the game, or something.

RedHawke
05-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I have removed the off topic remarks on what HoboKnight said, he has been warned to not do so again so no more posts on or about that statement.

Thanks.

JediMaster12
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Yes, Shadow Lord of the Sith. We obey master.
As to previous mentioned ideas about an Easter egg thingy for 3PO and R2, that sounds like funny. What if it was a classic interaction but T3 and HK saying the lines? I'd find that funny considering that HK is a bloodthirsty assassin machine. :D

shinyjedi
05-02-2006, 01:30 PM
How about HK and T3 doing a droidy version of "who's on first"? :)

lukeiamyourdad
05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I dissagree to the entirety of your post...even your title

Sarcasm detector off right? ;)

ch0g0nda
05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Rid the game of T3? Go space yourself.

Shem
05-03-2006, 12:03 PM
This vote would be interesting if it was before TSL came out.

I almost could have cared less for T3 in K1, but in TSL, it make him much more fun. He sounded like R2-D2 in that one, unlike K1.

Dark Lord Revan
05-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Sarcasm detector off right? ;)
no...you kinda need to say sarcasm using the </sarcasm> or [/sarcasm] tag

btw, Habs lost, go Devils

lukeiamyourdad
05-03-2006, 10:41 PM
no...you kinda need to say sarcasm using the </sarcasm> or [/sarcasm] tag

No, I don't. Why did others get it?

Canderous_ordo1
05-04-2006, 02:55 AM
i think your all forgeting that c3p0 is based on something that happend after this so t3 and the other droid the game is based on something that happend 4000 years before the empire so without t3 its just not kotor so you can take your comments and throw them out the window becuase its never going to happen

marvidchano
05-04-2006, 07:38 AM
vader815 THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS!!! T3 WILL NOT BE REMOVED!!!!!!!!

Darth Manus
05-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Must... resist... urge to post O RLY Owl...

JediMaster12
05-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Please...most people like to state their reasons why they want T3 to be gotten rid of. I like him and I hope they never get rid of him. He's much better in TSL where he insults Atton :lol:

~DarthGeek~
05-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Boy, never thought this thread would be so long, obviously most people want to
keep T3, 106 people at the moment.

Darca Lar
05-07-2006, 12:47 AM
T3 must stay along with HK. There has to be a balance of droids. Plus theyre really cool.

Aqua591
06-29-2006, 05:54 PM
I LOVE T3M4!!!!!!!!! YOU COULD NEVER GET RID OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IF YOU PAY ATTENTION HE COULD BE FUNNY JUST LIKE HK47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER GET RID OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His shock arm is quite useful too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davinq
06-29-2006, 09:26 PM
I said this on the HK47 Thread about this same topic. They both gotta stay, keep true to the OT.
HK47 is to C3P0
as R2D2 is to T3M4

Kuroskata
08-01-2006, 11:34 PM
REMOTE FTW!!!!!!!!11111oneonecos(0)

I liked his noises teh best.... but then he got pwnt :(... so T3 and HK will have to do :x

oldflash
08-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Keep T3M4. If you don't like-it don't use-it.

Lightside Revan
08-07-2006, 06:40 AM
T3 is so cute. So, keep him. Also he is a constant in the whole game. He and HK were there from the beginning and a link from Revon to the exile to the next one.

HerbieZ
08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
T3 is integral to the game, he is the only character that knows all that has gone on yet chooses to stay silent. He has an agenda.

Nath Horn
08-20-2006, 09:59 PM
i have to disagree with reomving T3, time frame depending of course you woudlnt choose T3 over R2, but for the simple reason tha t in KotOR, i was lightside and took T3 and Carth, T3 was the only one left alive in the station at the end, and i still ahd five sith to fight. T3 was my boy, droid. Killed them all.

Jeff
08-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Definitely need to keep T3, as well as HK-47.

The Architect
08-26-2006, 09:27 AM
T3-M4 and HK-47 are the C3-PO and R2-D2 of the KotOR series, they must stay, as not only are they very important plot devices and also have the potential for major roles in KotOR III, but it wouldn't be the same without them. They are the only two party members from the previous KotOR's that should be in the KotOR III party IMO (assuming the game is made and will be a 'wrapper upper')...

Jediphile
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Besides, T3 is way more powerful than HK. Three HK-50s tried to take him down, and he killed them! The Exile had trouble against three HK-50s even with Kreia and Atton at his side in the polar regions of Telos!

Even HK-47 can't hold a candle to T3. HK realised the navicomputer had been locked and tried to unlock it and T3 bloody fried him, then wiped his memory of the whole incident!

Don't mess with T3! If you do, we'll send T3 to your home!!!

RC-1162
08-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Besides, T3 is way more powerful than HK. Three HK-50s tried to take him down, and he killed them! The Exile had trouble against three HK-50s even with Kreia and Atton at his side in the polar regions of Telos!

well, i guess that depends on the fact that the opponents ofT3 will have less statssince T3 is alone and in a low level. since The Exile had two people at his/her side, the challenge would be much tougher.

RedHawke
08-27-2006, 12:58 AM
well, i guess that depends on the fact that the opponents ofT3 will have less statssince T3 is alone and in a low level. since The Exile had two people at his/her side, the challenge would be much tougher.
Not really, T3 gained a huge boost in TSL.

Just all the people who neglected him in K1, or don't like his looks, don't use him because they still think he is the little fragile 'tin-can' from K1... they are wrong. ;)

Emperor Devon
08-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Just all the people who neglected him in K1, or don't like his looks, don't use him because they still think he is the little fragile 'tin-can' from K1... they are wrong. ;)

I agree. With a 10-60 damage shock arm, an energy shield with unlimited uses, a self-sustaning unit, the ability to give you back all Force points and upgrade items on the spot, he pwns! :D And he can be just as good a ranged fighter as Mira with two fully upgraded mircro-pulse or elite watchman blasters.

As to getting rid of him, the word wich describes my views on that perfectly would be sacrilege.

Mav
08-27-2006, 01:46 AM

Ahhh, but alas, if you were smart enough to download the right mods for T3 in K1, he was a beast, not to mention he lets you upgrade-on-the-go :p

RedHawke
08-27-2006, 02:45 AM
Ahhh, but alas, if you were smart enough to download the right mods for T3 in K1, he was a beast, not to mention he lets you upgrade-on-the-go :p
We aren't really talking about mods here, un-modded T3 was not very good in K1, whilst un-modded T3 was a rolling tank in TSL. ;)

Lantzen
08-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Have anyone here use T3 togheter with HK in K1? Then you get some hilarious dialougs

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4666/hk47andt3slaugthersith1hq4.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hk47andt3slaugthersith1hq4.jpg)
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9747/hk47andt3slaugthersith2ax1.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hk47andt3slaugthersith2ax1.jpg)
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9702/hk47andt3slaugthersith3ev7.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hk47andt3slaugthersith3ev7.jpg)
And there is a lot more of those, so the one that say he dont have a personality in K1 have never used him