View Full Version : Being able to play as an alien

Beast421
11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
I Hope they put more aliens that you could play as. For Example A Nautolan
Like KIT FISTO, Or a Zabrak, or even A Wookie jedi is possible might make it
more interesting, Who Knows..... :duel:

Prime
11-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately that may limit the story options...

Beast421
11-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Or Increase them, Remember This is scienceFiction where the relm of possibility is endless......

Prime
11-03-2005, 10:36 AM
But it would limit things like the romance plotlines. What could be increased by using another species?

lord ignarn
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I think that choosing an alien specie to polay with would enhance the character generation. As I see it, choosing an alien would give you more and/or different hablities, points etc... Like this: rodians, good killers, kel dor, more force sensitive... so on.

But by now I like using aliens for the PC, it changes them a lot, and it´s funny.

Beast421
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
And as for romantic interludes It could work for example : Kit Fisto and that Twilek woman fell in love

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 10:55 AM
But the majority of people in your part are humans. For example, in KotOR I we had 5 humans, and in KotOR II you would have like 6 I think humans (counting you). So most of the romance options are going to be humans. Ok, it could work, but only if you have a bunch of party members that are your species. In that case, it would mean different party members and a different story in parts to have to work out if you are an alien. Besides, the last two games we have had only humans, and that is just the way the games are. It isn't going to happen.

Beast421
11-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh by the way remember the alien spiecies are humannoid.....

Beast421
11-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Well most of them any ways

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 11:46 AM
What does that have to do with it? If you are saying that they are humanoid and that means that you could romance with a human, no. First of all, a human and say a rodian together wouldn't be able to work, it is impossible for something like that to happen. And anyways, why would a human female want a rodian male?

The_Maker
11-03-2005, 11:52 AM
I vote no for being an alien, it would limit the romance options and personally I don't want to live through Kotor 3 with green skin :greedo:

Darth Covetous
11-03-2005, 11:58 AM
I think it would be interesting. Maybe only a few alien races. Seems like the Twi-leks are attractive enough.

Or, maybe, by being a certain race you get no romance, or an NPC somewhere in the game could launch you on a romance sidequest, but only if you are of a certain race...other races would be able to talk to the NPC. It seems like they could put in an extra 5 or 6 NPC's (not party members) that can stimulate romance plots if you are of a certain race (i.e. one for each race that isn't human)

Kensai
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
The definition of a species, in a broad sense, is one that cannot mate with the other. Therefore, an alien and a human wouldn't work. Saying this, wouldn't it be alot better if more party members were aliens of different sorts ?

Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:10 PM
The thing is guys is is an adventure game not lets get lucky with Simulation Suzie , I mean your a jedi no attachments and such, If you want romance get it in the real world!

muck2445
11-03-2005, 12:28 PM
wow are you guys serious? i thouhgt i was a big nerd

Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:33 PM
wow are you guys serious? i thouhgt i was a big nerd

I am A big nerd

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Yes, but all the same there has always been some romance in Star Wars and in games, almost always somebody falls in love with someone else. Being some wierd alien guy wouldn't work for this, and it might cause there to be a need for multiple storylines depending on what type of alien you were. And some things wouldn't work, different parts of the story that would make it necessary for a human.

Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Ok Then I'll Settle for someone making me a Kit Fisto Mod, Is that a good enough comprimise?

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I think you can change your appearence with KSE, can't you? And I am not trying to get you to trash your idea, I just don't agree with you, if that is why you asked me if it was a good enough compromise.

Beast421
11-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 01:01 PM
^Huh? Sorry, I didn't understand that at all. I have to step outside the norm to get results?

TreeX
11-03-2005, 01:12 PM
^Huh? Sorry, I didn't understand that at all. I have to step outside the norm to get results?

what he said.

and i agree wholeheartedly that we should not have alien species choice. i'm having trouble imaginingf a Trandoshan/Kel Dor joining >_<

Beast421
11-03-2005, 01:16 PM
So your saying if they put the PC as an Alien you won't play it?

Beast421
11-03-2005, 01:22 PM
And When All is said and done I Guess what I'm trying to get at is just playing a Human Jedi all the time gets A little tiring Change is good you know, To change is to learn, and to learn grants you great power!

MdKnightR
11-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I think some alien options would be okay. Twi'lek for sure, maybe Zabrak, but I would keep it to the most human looking. I can't stand the idea of a Wookie Jedi.

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Actually I didn't find it tiring at all. And what in the world is "change is good, to change is to learn, to learn grants you great power" comment? We are talking about a game here Beast. There is no need for change at this point in that area.

Beast421
11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
So RobQel-Droma Are you always this closed minded , just what if they put the PC charater as a alien race or had that option?

Kensai
11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Beast421 = Crazy...

Beast421
11-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Beast421 = Crazy...
What are you talking about state your opinion about the thread or keep quite, I 'm just saying what if , and would it be so bad? You so called die hards hear a suggetion which anyone should be able to submit , and then we get replys like the romance factor in a game , That factor is so small and insignifigant I can't belive I am bothering to respond to this crap, so ya I must be crazy as long as you guys agree that it might be possible that it could happen !

Kensai
11-03-2005, 03:30 PM
You sir, are trying to hold a theory to all principals and possibilities, this is defunct in essence and that makes you slightly crazy, also

"I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......"

this was ridiculously off topic, Mr. Hypocrisy...

Beast421
11-03-2005, 03:37 PM
You sir, are trying to hold a theory to all principals and possibilities, this is defunct in essence and that makes you slightly crazy, also

"I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......"

this was ridiculously off topic, Mr. Hypocrisy...

Hyporcrit am I you better get a dictonary because there is nothing hypocritical about stating ones opinion,

Beast421
11-03-2005, 03:40 PM
And for everyones concern maybe it would be cool to do it !

Vibro
11-03-2005, 03:59 PM
To be honest I'd probably play as Human anyway.

Beast421
11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Hey I would to but I would not mind trying a Kit Fisto type character

DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 05:12 PM

Then why would you care if there were extra options for the rest of us? If you're going to play as human anyway, why bother complaining about having species options.

I would definitely try a Zabrak character at least once. And just because someone doesn't like the idea of a certain species being a jedi doesn't mean that's the same opinion as everyone else.

The number one point here is they would be OPTIONAL, not mandatory. So what's the big deal?

And as far as the romance thing goes... anyone ever watch Farscape or the original Star Trek?

List if Cross-Species Couples
-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape)
-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape)
-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape)
-Spock's parents (Star Trek)
-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek)
-if I were a real jerk I'd do triple this list.

My point being why should it matter if your PC is a different species? This is romance we're talking about, not sex/procreation. Just cause twi'leks and bothans can't have kids doesn't mean your main char can't be a bothan! It's just a game people.

Beast421
11-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Then why would you care if there were extra options for the rest of us? If you're going to play as human anyway, why bother complaining about having species options.

I would definitely try a Zabrak character at least once. And just because someone doesn't like the idea of a certain species being a jedi doesn't mean that's the same opinion as everyone else.

The number one point here is they would be OPTIONAL, not mandatory. So what's the big deal?

And as far as the romance thing goes... anyone ever watch Farscape or the original Star Trek?

-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape)
-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape)
-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape)
-Spock's parents (Star Trek)
-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek)

My point being why should it matter if your PC is a different species? This is romance we're talking about, not sex/procreation. Just cause twi'leks and bothans can't have kids doesn't mean your main char can't be a bothan! It's just a game people.

Amen to that

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I am going on what is probable and what they have been doing for that last two games. If you consider that to be a closed mind, then you must think that a open mind means you believe everything and anything will happen. -->

Person: "Hey, why don't we play in an alternate universe of Star Wars for KotOR III, and have to get back."
Person 2: "No, that would not work."
Person: "You must have a closed mind." :xp:

And of course, it is not a sex game, but why would a character want a Rodian/whatever anyways?

Vladimir-Vlada
11-03-2005, 06:20 PM
I would prefer to play as a Human, because I like it better. I mean it's better to be who you are, rather than everyone be who you are, right?

Beast421
11-03-2005, 06:37 PM
I am going on what is probable and what they have been doing for that last two games. If you consider that to be a closed mind, then you must think that a open mind means you believe everything and anything will happen. -->

Person: "Hey, why don't we play in an alternate universe of Star Wars for KotOR III, and have to get back."
Person 2: "No, that would not work."
Person: "You must have a closed mind." :xp:

And of course, it is not a sex game, but why would a character want a Rodian/whatever anyways?

Better refrase KOTOR Universe Because in Star Wars universe there are Alien Jedis and most of them seem more powerful than the humans , it is just all the stories are based around us humans

Alkonium
11-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I for one would like to be able to play as something other than human. And I see no harm in interspecies romance.

Darth Serebus
11-03-2005, 07:08 PM
I agree..playing an alien would be cool.. Thats definately a great option. Also it can change the direction of the story for each race.

Jeff
11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I would not like the option to play as an alien. Well, if it wouldn't affect gameplay for the humans, I wouldn't really care if the option was there, but if it changed the game at all, I wouldn't like it.

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Better refrase KOTOR Universe Because in Star Wars universe there are Alien Jedis and most of them seem more powerful than the humans , it is just all the stories are based around us humans

Last time I checked on powerful Jedi, I didn't notice that Luke or Anakin had green skin :xp:. Why are they based around humans? Because we ARE humans.

And the problem is as DarthMoeller suggested. It might have to change the story differently for each different species. You would have different storylines, different things that would happen at certain points depending on who you are.

†Saint_Killa†
11-03-2005, 09:23 PM
No aliens for me.. Humans were alway the heroes.
besides im human. I don't want to be a green or worm tailed head being.

But having many choices of Alien NPC's wouldn't hurt

Darthrevan_3
11-03-2005, 09:57 PM
NO! i want to be an ali- blast! i for got how to spel! But i don't want to be a human in kotor 3! i want to be alien... :lol: i don't no what kind though...

DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 10:38 PM

True, it's not a sex game. And as far as rodians are concerned.... i have the sudden urge to grab a fly-swatter whenever i see one... so i definitely see your point

DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 10:44 PM
And the problem is as DarthMoeller suggested. It might have to change the story differently for each different species. You would have different storylines, different things that would happen at certain points depending on who you are.

I don't see why the plot would have to change... If I replaced the human Revan of KOTOR1 with a twi'lek, would it actually change anything? He/she was still the dark lord of the sith. Malak still betrayed Revan, and you would still have to escape Taris, run errands on Dantooine, find the star maps, etc. You'd just have head tails instead of hair. *shrug*

Everyone's so worried that adding this one character customization feature will ruin the game's plot or derail the entire story... But the game's plot isn't THAT specific, not down to character gender and not down to character race. The story is the same if you play through male as it is female. The difference is only in your character.

RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 10:54 PM
I do see your point. It just seems like if aliens were immune to certain things in the story it wouldn't work. But I see your point.

DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I do see your point. It just seems like if aliens were immune to certain things in the story it wouldn't work. But I see your point.

Yay! Peace?
My argument is spoken and I get your meaning. My part in this thread is complete
*offers handshake*

StaffSaberist
11-03-2005, 11:01 PM
It might be fun to have that choice... I don't see why it could hurt any. A perfect example of how this could work is JA. That game has human Jedi, Twi'lek Jedi, Rodian Jedi, Kel-Dor Jedi... heck, even a Twi'lek Sith! And the big boss for that game is a species I don't recognize... definitely diverse. No reason why Kotor can't have a few aliens, unless you are this guy:

That is why, I, Gorton Culu, have formed the Anti-Alien League!...

DarkExcalibur42
11-03-2005, 11:04 PM
LOL! The nut from Taris! Oh... i so wish there had been a dialog option to slap him. That or tell Zaalbar to rip his arms off...

lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 11:50 PM

-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape, not Star Wars)
-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape, not Star Wars)
-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape, not Star Wars)
-Spock's parents (Star Trek, not Star Wars)
-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek, not Star Wars)

;)

I don't disagree with you though, I'd find it interesting to play as a cool alien (like a Kel-Dor Jedi for example. Always loved those Kel-Dor :) )
As far as romance would go, you won't have any romance with human characters or females. That's all. Romance or no, will it truly matter that much? Is romance such a necessity to enjoy the game?
You can keep romance options when playing with a human PC and remove them if you're playing an alien PC. Quite easy, everyone is happy.

However, we must be down to earth. I don't believe it will be possible to play as an alien. Star Wars has always been about human heroes fighting human villains (except the NJO, but that's Star Wars for heretics). KOTOR 3 will probably be another fight between humans.

Sabretooth
11-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Oh, great. Somebody imagine the greatest, most powerful Jedi to be a Jawa. Or worse, that chirping species in KotOR, the species of The Champ.

RedHawke
11-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Oh, great. Somebody imagine the greatest, most powerful Jedi to be a Jawa.
Bow before Darth Webull :jedijawa: Dark Lord of the Sith! :lol:

DarkExcalibur42
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
;)Romance or no, will it truly matter that much? Is romance such a necessity to enjoy the game?

However, we must be down to earth. I don't believe it will be possible to play as an alien. Star Wars has always been about human heroes fighting human villains (except the NJO, but that's Star Wars for heretics). KOTOR 3 will probably be another fight between humans.

You're right. The romance part isn't important.

And as far as NJO... i don't like the yuuzhan vong at all. Humans make much better villians, but that's not to say i don't mind some alien dark jedi working with them...

DarkExcalibur42
11-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh, great. Somebody imagine the greatest, most powerful Jedi to be a Jawa.

I think a jawa jedi would be fun. Judge jawas by their size, do you? Master Yoda may have a lesson for you... :P :D

in response to redhawke's Darth Weebul:

hehehe. so THAT'S why he has soo many crystals for sale

Beast421
11-04-2005, 09:10 AM
lukeiamyourdad
Young Goddess: Thank you for looking at my avatar(all the horny guys of LF of course).

Well Young Goddess Your well come ,

And as for everyone else this has been a great discussion I really enjoyed the input but we will all have to see what really happens in KOTOR 3 , I Have a feeling there will not be the option to play as an alien Like Kit Fisto (Nautolan ) Or A Zabrak , but I am sure it will live up to KOTOR Standards , personally I hope it surpassess them when and if it comes out.

Darth333
11-04-2005, 10:42 AM
lukeiamyourdad
Young Goddess: Thank you for looking at my avatar(all the horny guys of LF of course).

Well Young Goddess Your well come ,
lol trust me lukeiamyourdad is more a horny guy than a goddess :p

I prefer to play as a human. If they are to include aliens as playable character it will have to be aliens that are not too far from the human race such as Zabraks or Twileks per example. Otherwise, they would have to adapt the storyline quite a bit to fit other races, which they won't do.

Beast421
11-04-2005, 11:23 AM

I prefer to play as a human. If they are to include aliens as playable character it will have to be aliens that are not too far from the human race such as Zabraks or Twileks per example. Otherwise, they would have to adapt the storyline quite a bit to fit other races, which they won't do.

Aww come on include a Nautolan too

lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Shush! I'm a horny goddess :p Very different :D

StaffSaberist
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
That avatar looks kinda like a guy. Uhh... maybe? I dunno. I've been wondering whether I should be attracted to the avatar or whether I should run scared. I'm a straight guy, luekiamyourdad, so you tell me: Is that a guy, or a gal?

TreeX
11-04-2005, 04:22 PM
That avatar looks kinda like a guy. Uhh... maybe? I dunno. I've been wondering whether I should be attracted to the avatar or whether I should run scared. I'm a straight guy, luekiamyourdad, so you tell me: Is that a guy, or a gal?

Both?

/me shudder

Prime
11-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Aww come on include a Nautolan tooWhat? Those freakshows?

Beast421
11-04-2005, 05:53 PM
What? Those freakshows?
Ya those freek shows

lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Is that a guy, or a gal?

You're really weird...how you would think it looks like a guy is beyond me...

StaffSaberist
11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
You never know, I mean, with some guys that dress up like girls, and others just have naturally long hair... OK, so it is a gal? OK, my mind is at ease.

leley
11-04-2005, 07:59 PM
The definition of a species, in a broad sense, is one that cannot mate with the other.

I vote for playable alien characters, bsides, romance and mating don't necessarily got anything 2 do w/ each other...(besides the example already posted I'm sure we've all watched Star Trek)

Sabretooth
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Well you can right, actually. There are some species, who are cool, like the Falleen, or the Kel Dor, Mon Calamori (I like 'em), Nautolan, Kaleesh etc. But still, that would hamper the romantic plotline and that would only mean more and more CDs (unless they get the bright idea of putting it all on a DVD).

My Overall vote: 90% No.

DarthLinde
11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I say yes. One of the only reasons I bought that game is because I thought I coulb be an alien.

IndianaSolo
11-06-2005, 04:52 PM
I'd be against this idea. Atleast as long as the KOTOR series remains relatively linear. If it were a more non-linear story then it might be feasible.

lukeiamyourdad
11-06-2005, 05:26 PM
How would linearity affect your character being non-human?

You'd just wouldn't have access to a few options.

IndianaSolo
11-06-2005, 07:39 PM
How would linearity affect your character being non-human?

You'd just wouldn't have access to a few options.

When a story is linear, it's usually written to fit a certain character type and thus variations on that character type could make things confusing.

If a game is more wide open and less strict in terms of who the character is, then you can have as many variables as possible.

For instance in K1, the story told was that Revan had to venture to Kashyyyk for one of the Star Maps and the character in doing so had to learn about the Wookiee customs and whatnot. If they allowed for you to be an alien character, ie a Wookiee, then that part of the story would be shot all to hell since you (as a Wookiee) would already know about the strife of the people on Kashyyyk

DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 09:29 PM
that's the exception to the rule. in k1 you could play as a zabrak, duros, twi'lek, mon calamari, nautolan, kel-dor, quarren, bothan, bith, trandoshan, rodian, gamorrean, muun, a little green guy, or hell even a Hutt (though doors might be problematic...) without ever affecting the story. I could still add species in here, but i don't know them all. To some extent or another race is no different than skin color or sex, and last I checked there were several choices of that to pick from in KOTOR...

That's 14 species (not counting the hutt, which was a joke). Most people would be happy with 3 or 4 choices, and modders can usually fill the additional requests (because they're just that awesome).

You could not play Selkath, Wookie, Cathar (but they're wiped out anyway) or Tusken (but tusken is an obvious one).

TreeX
11-06-2005, 10:42 PM
ick. Bastila and a Trandoshan Revan, wait I know another one even worse! Bastila and Gamorrean Revan! Vice versa for Carth. More species is what I will say to as No.

DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 11:09 PM
^ Then play as human.

lukeiamyourdad
11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
The easy option with this is to remove the romantic parts when playing with an alien. That isn't too complicated. As long as it's an option, everyone is happy.

DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 11:13 PM
^ agreed :D

StaffSaberist
11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
^^ I am OK with that...:D

Alkonium
11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
What does everyone have against interspecies romance? It's just a step up from interracial romance, which is fine.

El Sitherino
11-07-2005, 08:01 PM
My furry senses are tingling, wookiee-human romance...

Alkonium
11-07-2005, 08:04 PM
My furry senses are tingling, wookiee-human romance...
And likely Wookiee-Twi-lek romance between Mission and Zaalbar.*wonders what Twookiees look like*

Hallucination
11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I say let people be aliens as long as they are close to humans. In other words Zabrak, Twilek and Duros, and then some others like that.
@Alkonium: Twookiees are green, blue, purple or red wookiees with tentacles.

StaffSaberist
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
You guys will make me puke. Just the thought of Mission... and Zaalbar... *hurls*

You guys need to get your minds out of the gutter. Lots of SW games allow aliens, and there is nothing disgusting about it. Remember that all SW games except Lego SW are rated T, not NC-17. :p

RobQel-Droma
11-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I know. Even though some people might be joking about it, it still makes me sick to think of "Twookiees." :D Even if they are cute. I hope we won't start talking about "Zabiths" (Zabraks crossed with Biths).

Always human. I have already said my reasons on why I think it will happen, even without talking about romances, so I won't say them again.

El Sitherino
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Don't be afraid to love the wookiee.

Hallucination
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I hope we won't start talking about "Zabiths" (Zabraks crossed with Biths).

But think about the tatoos on their heads!

Alkonium
11-08-2005, 07:43 AM
I hope we won't start talking about "Zabiths" (Zabraks crossed with Biths).Don't worry, Bith reproduce mechanically, so no half Bith.

Prime
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Don't be afraid to love the wookiee.I'm not. I'm just afraid of the wookiee loving me... :)

RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
"Tuskdoshans" :xp:
"Rodileks" :xp: :xp:
"Kel-Humans" :xp: :xp: :xp:

Oh great, now I can't stop.

StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 10:03 AM
OK. Let me go back to the point of this thread. Thread starter wanted to know if playing an alien would be fun. Do you think it could be fun, or have you forgotten what fun means?

RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 10:10 AM
No, I have not forgotten StaffSaberist. I don't like it, I think it might change several parts of the game and the gameplay, although I suppose I don't really care that much about it. The other problems are of course the romance, and just the fact that it is KotOR, not JA.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to my Twookiees. Or were they Tuskdoshans? :D Sorry, for some reason that whole thing is just hilarious to me; Although, I am just talking about the names and what those crosses would look like. I am not laughing about how, well, "Twookiees" were, uh... made you could say. :xp:

StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Point well taken. :lol: Didn't mean to offend anyone. Or did I, and the dark side is taking over me? GASP! And I don't mean to advertise JA, I thought it might be fun to have aliens, like Beast. OK, maybe I'm wrong there. Actually, come to think of it, it may not be so great. Uh... *walks away slowly with deactivated lightsaber in the air*

RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 10:30 AM
DS points gained for StaffSaberist. You know, they say that the Dark Side sneaks up on people :giggle1:....

I happen to like JA, although it is nothing compared to KotOR. It is kind of fun every once in a while, when you can't play KotOR of course.

StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Or when I forget to save, and the whole **** game gets corrupted. That happens way too often. I get absorbed in the game, and I forget to save at key points, and the game gets corrupted. Or worse, I'm on Ord Mandell, the mod, and I lose the fight with those d@mn Mandalorians. (Heck, who gave 'em more health than Malak, anyway? First time I NEEDED to cheat to win...) I use JA to cool down. Fragging Cultists is always fun when you are frustrated with Kotor for some odd reason...

DS points gained for StaffSaberist...

And considering I've achieved Light Side Mastery, that hurts! :lol:

RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 12:49 PM
I know, Redhawke likes too make super hard enemies :). I have the Ord Mandell mod too, and it was so hard. The rancor was easier than those Mandalorians. It seems like every single enemy in his mods has two completely upgraded Baragwin Vibroblades, a Baragwin Heavy Repeater, about 30 Life Support Packs, and more health than Malak.

That mod, and the Weebul and Utiinii's shop mod (it has Trandoshans that are pretty much the same, but easier), both of those are the places that made me go back and look up the cheat for the "Insta-Kill Pistol" :lol:. So much faster... :D

I love making keys do certain things on JA, I can't remember how, but I would have one doing npc spawn cultist_saber, and the other npc spawn jedi_random. Then I spin around in circles just pressing the keys. It makes the most AWESOME :thumbsup: chaotic battle, I can't describe how cool it is. You with a bunch of Jedi against a bunch of cultists. I have killed so many that way, several times there have been cultists looking the other way and I threw my saber, slicing them in half, or just attacking from behind.

The only problem is, with that, there is "friendly fire". I think sometimes I have killed about as many Jedi as I have cultists in those battles every once in a while; They occasionally act like idiots and run right into my saber blade as I am bringing it back to kill a cultist. :mad:

StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 01:06 PM
"bind <key> npc spawn insertnpchere"

I know. I also have bound to the F keys timescale .3, 1, and 2 - Keypad 9 kills all npc's. Don't you hate it when the JA jedi turn on you for accidentally killing your friend? I have to kill them, and then I lose for killing Kyle... back on topic, or at least closer to it...

Yeah, Mr. Happy was easy in comparison. I was K-Oed, and so was Juhani, but Mission finished Mr. Happy off, courtesy of the Mission Jedi mod. :)

RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Bind, that was it. Now I remember. I kept trying to say "bond" for some reason, but I knew that wasn't right.... :dozey:

Yet another reason why Mission is so great. I actually downloaded the Make Mission a Jedi mod (another Redhawk mod :) ), but I deleted it. I just liked Mission the way she was. As a Jedi, there wasn't much point for her to wear cool heavy armor and weilding some big hefty Vibroblades, which is how I usually have her at the end. Even though armor doesn't do much for you if you are a Jedi, it still looks cool. I had Bastila, Carth, and I clearing out the Leviathan all wearing some heavy armor.

Anyways, what were we talking about?....

StaffSaberist
11-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I believe it was whether it is a good idea to have aliens in Kotor III...

RedHawke
11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Or worse, I'm on Ord Mandell, the mod, and I lose the fight with those d@mn Mandalorians. (Heck, who gave 'em more health than Malak, anyway? First time I NEEDED to cheat to win...)
I know, Redhawke likes too make super hard enemies :). I have the Ord Mandell mod too, and it was so hard. The rancor was easier than those Mandalorians. It seems like every single enemy in his mods has two completely upgraded Baragwin Vibroblades, a Baragwin Heavy Repeater, about 30 Life Support Packs, and more health than Malak.

That mod, and the Weebul and Utiinii's shop mod (it has Trandoshans that are pretty much the same, but easier), both of those are the places that made me go back and look up the cheat for the "Insta-Kill Pistol" :lol:. So much faster... :D
Then you two simply aren't l33t enough to beat them! :lol:

They aren't boosted that much, they are double the originals, I just give them good equipment... and enough items to at least compare to the PC and the party's capabilities.

Something else many of you (Even the Games Creators) forget, if you are going to get something cool from somebody then you know thay are going to use that thing on you first, after all you are trying to kill them. ;)

Axe Windu
11-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Ok... I didnt read all this so someone might of said this. Since the game is based off of the d20 system for the most part then the aliens should be too. Zabrack, Twilek, Rodian, Wookie, Human, maybe some other very humanoid race. I mean I think its unrealistic and wont happen it would be too drastic of a change but youd just alter stats. Like oh Teilek gets +2 dex -2 con or something. Wookies +2 Str - 2 Cha -2 Int. Have them speak human cause they were raised by the council or something (except the wookie). Instead of being able to make aliens Id rather have a more costumizable apearence. Like I made Axe Windu Mace's great great 4000 years great grandfather. I made him a Jedi Guardian (purple Lightsaber). I wanted to make him a weapon master but I didnt think there was a face that looked like samual l jackson like in the old game. The closest was the dude with the beard but that didnt work for me. So a more customizable character would be cool. Also maybe you can get more advanced implants. Like baodurs arm general greivice vador kinda stuff. Cooler masks and Robes would be cool too. My idea Ive had for a while is after you beat the game it loads in an option or there is a cheat to let you play as Anikan, Yoda, something. I mean it wouldnt be hard and just have everyone treat you like your any other PC its just a fun cheat. Like when I played the first game I knew the ending so I named my character Darth Revan. It was just funny cause there like your revan revan! And Im like no crap! So theyd just call you yoda the whole time.

DarkExcalibur42
11-09-2005, 02:58 AM
"Tuskdoshans" :xp:
"Rodileks" :xp: :xp:
"Kel-Humans" :xp: :xp: :xp:

Oh great, now I can't stop.

And it's all my fault for saying "twookie".... mwah haha hah hahahaha

*Gain DS Points*
*Gain DS Points*
*Gain DS Points*

StaffSaberist
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Then you two simply aren't l33t enough to beat them!

I normally never use cheats, since I never meet any good opponents (not even Malak, actually) but your fight was too much. It sparked the most emberassing moment of my life...

...So, having lost several times to the Mandalorians, I took over my entire party and threw every grenade I had at them. Then, I used only Adv. Throw Saber at them, then charged. I still had a K-O for Bastila before I beat them. Then, I saw more of them in the distance. I had no way of killing them. So, having died AGAIN, I quit the game and went to swkotor.ini to enable the cheats. I realized that the cheats were already active. I could have saved my grenades...

Oh, that stings...

They aren't boosted that much, they are double the originals, I just give them good equipment... and enough items to at least compare to the PC and the party's capabilities.

Something else many of you (Even the Games Creators) forget, if you are going to get something cool from somebody then you know thay are going to use that thing on you first, after all you are trying to kill them.

I wasn't interested in the swords; I wanted the quest done, since I didn't want to see that quest on the Unknown World! It was quite impossible. I want to see screenshots of you beating it without cheats. ;)

RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
I will tell you one thing, you get xp and lots of upgraded Baragwin Assualt Blades :D. Once I got done with just the Weebul and Utiinii shop I had about 20 or so, fully upgraded. After the ORD Mandell mod, I had about 30. I could make a fortune just selling off those things, even if I kept two for everyone, including me (I like to show people in the game that I can slaughter them without a lightsaber; Not sure if they care or not, but...)

Only one problem. Redhawke, your new crystals don't work. I bought them, but they don't show up in the upgrade screen.

DarkExcalibur42
11-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I want to see screenshots of you beating it without cheats. ;)

I beat it without cheats.

It's the hardest fight in the game, because you have to make sure that you only fight one group of mandolorians at a time, heal, save, and slaughter the next group. I recommend being level 20 before you go there, otherwise it's twice as hard.

I'm a Jedi Consular, so they didn't really stand a chance. Stasis field and Force Wave all the way. HK-47, fully upgraded with the best in-game gear (baragwin stuff purchased from Suvam Tan) and Canderous Ordo are the best team to bring. Don't bother bringing the Jedi, because they get taken down too fast. They run in up close and aggro more Mandolorians, taking all the damage at once.

To beat these guys you have to play dirty, so don't feel bad if you're constantly stasis fielding them. Just remember to save some FP for Heal and Force Wave. Force wave is more effective on them, but the effects don't seem to last as long.

ALWAYS use shields on HK and Canderous. If you have time, or need to stop taking damage for a second you can use them on yourself. Grenades are helpful, so use thermal detonators if you have them, otherwise plasma grenades. Anything else isn't much use. Use the baragwin flame thrower on HK-47 if you can. Does some good damage to these Mandolorians.

Whatever you do, DON'T RUSH INTO THE LAST CAVERN!!! Take it slow and you can wipe them all out. If your party gets ko'ed, run away and place mines behind you. Sometimes a few mandolorians will follow.

RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 01:48 PM
^The first time on both of those mods I got slaughtered. The second time on Weebul's shop I beat it, because it wasn't as hard as ORD Mandell, not to mention I was about a level 18 or 19 character.

With the ORD Mandell mod, now, you really have to use some strategy as to going about killing them. The Mandalorians are a lot harder, and especially if you get a mob of them around you. Next time I will take some non-Jedi party members. One of the problems was, it was a female game and I was like level 13 or something. I couldn't use any of my other games as the planet didn't show up.

Did anybody think that Captain Jax and the rest of the Exchange guys were hard? They definitely weren't as hard as the rest, but they were pretty hard. BTW, since I was so weak, I learned that you can go past the dark Jedi outside the colony, you just don't initiate conversation with them. They won't stop you or anything, you have to do it yourself. Just like the Trandoshan leader on Tatooine, I could have walked right past him.

StaffSaberist
11-09-2005, 06:38 PM
On Ord Mandell, the Dark Jedi block the bridge so you can't. But I had (mis)read somewhere you couldn't go to Ord Mandell unless it was your first planet. So, I was a Level 11 Consular or something like that. And so was Mission.

RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Really? I didn't have that problem. I walked right past them, just like the Trandoshans.

StaffSaberist
11-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Meh. Doesn't matter. I did talk to them, since they were easy.

RedHawke
11-10-2005, 12:38 AM
I normally never use cheats, since I never meet any good opponents (not even Malak, actually) but your fight was too much. It sparked the most emberassing moment of my life...
I know I shouldn't laugh but! Bwahahahahahaha! :lol:

I wasn't interested in the swords; I wanted the quest done, since I didn't want to see that quest on the Unknown World! It was quite impossible. I want to see screenshots of you beating it without cheats.
I never really use cheats myself... except possibly the Turbo cheat for all that walking, and of course for testing out mods.

Those fights are made to make you use your head and figure some tactics out to defeat your opponents, like some of the ones mentioned above. Fighting smaller groups, use mines, adhesive grenades, Force Powers, etc.

Besides at the time there were oodles of people whining about never getting a "real fight" in the game so I gave them one.

Your biggest problem was going to ORD Mandell too early, hence you get your behind handed to you, it is recommended for level 14+, it states so in the readme file, the mod description at PCGameMods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7699.html), and the release thread. (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=136575) Can't knock me for not stating it. :D

I learned that you can go past the dark Jedi outside the colony, you just don't initiate conversation with them. They won't stop you or anything, you have to do it yourself. Just like the Trandoshan leader on Tatooine, I could have walked right past him.
Yup, one of my scripting workarounds, I couldn't figure out how to work area triggers to get the NPC's to talk, this was before stoffe -mkb- appeared and gifted us with her superior knowledge of scripting, so I had to do it that way. I intended to fix it at sometime, but TSL came out. :D

Only one problem. Redhawke, your new crystals don't work. I bought them, but they don't show up in the upgrade screen.
Yeah, I know! :lol: Read the readme file... it says "Never trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!" :rofl:

Wow! We all have gotten off-topic havent we? ;)

Back on topic: I'll stick with a Human PC, but a nice Twilek Hottie to romance would be nice! :naughty:

StaffSaberist
11-10-2005, 08:42 AM
HOLD ON, REDHAWKE... off topic for one more half-post. As I said, I was told (incorrectly) that you had to go to Ord Mandell first, or it wouldn't work. This time, I shall know better.

OK, now back on topic. Yes, I have changed my opinion. Which is quite difficult, I'm such a stubborn... mule... but as much as it may be fun to play an alien, it would be odd to do the side-quests. Besides, that would require work the game designers don't wanna waste time doing. How about a compromise: We can mod them in for people that truly wan't them. Deal?

BTW, Redhawke, now I want your crystal mod, if only to read the Readme. Most guys are "tough" and don't need directions, but I read them every d/l. Here's my chance to chuckle at those who fell for it... :D

RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I was just trying to get the quests done fast, I didn't have much time so I didn't want to figure out a strategy. Not only that, but I only had a level 12 female game that could go to it, none of my other games were far enough or they didn't have ORD Mandell on the screen.

Yeah, I know! Read the readme file... it says "Never trust a Jawa that sells shiny stones!"

Now that is just plain wrong. That is evil evil evil...... I hate you now, along with that Jawa... And I think you just gained DS master....

Man you must have some fun with modding...

DarkExcalibur42
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I didn't think stones called "cubic zirconian" (wasn't that one of them?) would work well in lightsabers... hehehe

StaffSaberist
11-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I d/led weebul's tattooine shop and there was no such line in the readme.

RedHawke
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Now that is just plain wrong. That is evil evil evil...... I hate you now, along with that Jawa... And I think you just gained DS master....

Man you must have some fun with modding...
*Falls out of chair laughing!* Bwahahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Thanks I needed that! :D

I didn't think stones called "cubic zirconian" (wasn't that one of them?) would work well in lightsabers... hehehe
Exactly! :lol:

I d/led weebul's tattooine shop and there was no such line in the readme.
You got me there... It isn't in the readme in case people would read it, who puts easter eggs in the readme?

[Dr. Evil] I mean honestly? [/Dr. Evil]

But it is in the Release Thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=135014), and it was posted in the old PCGameMods comments thread after many came in and asked what RobQD did above "There's a bug in your mod", and responded when I told them in much the same way. Gotta love it! :xp:

StaffSaberist
11-11-2005, 01:19 AM
That's cold, Redhawke, and evil... *hangs head in shame*

I LOVE IT! :evil2:

RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
As do I :dev7:.

But I still hate you Redhawke... :D

Darth Ducky
11-16-2005, 09:41 PM
kotor savegame editor: change appearance: alien_(whatever...)

ilwugoalie
11-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Knowing this cant happen since nobody saw them till Thrawn was in the pic... but it would be cool to be able to play as a Chiss... heck, just have them in the game... (again, acknowledging this cant happen cause of the timeline)

StaffSaberist
11-16-2005, 10:46 PM
You never know. Twi'leks were in KotOR and JA. So were Rodians, and Humans, and Trandoshans.

OptimalOptimus
11-20-2005, 07:45 PM
There should have been the option in all the games.. All you would have had to do was make Male & female heads of aliens for your PC.

Manny C
11-21-2005, 04:15 AM
i say no aliens. It puts too much extra work on the developers to do all the dialogue about other species, alien prejudice, racism. Easier to stick to the one race.

StaffSaberist
11-21-2005, 06:37 PM
It could be a massive modding project, though. :)

JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 06:47 PM
To play an alien would be interesting but would it be worth all the work if they want to complete the project?
It would be a fun modding project for the daring :jarjar:

StaffSaberist
11-21-2005, 06:47 PM
That's what I meant. RedHawke, can you step up to the plate... again?

Alkonium
11-21-2005, 06:49 PM
i say no aliens. It puts too much extra work on the developers to do all the dialogue about other species, alien prejudice, racism. Easier to stick to the one race.
Or we could have less speciesist locations in K3, meaning we wouldn't go to Taris again.

Hallucination
11-21-2005, 08:46 PM
^^And as I recall there is only one racist convo in K2.

Alkonium
11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
^^And as I recall there is only one racist convo in K2.
Yet, in that one, the Jedi Council is all Caucasian Human, unlike K1, which had one Caucasian Human, one Black Human, one Twi'Lek, and one of whatever Yoda is.

StaffSaberist
11-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, the game designers are humans, after all. I'm all for promoting our race vs. a race that doesn't exist. Also, there are plenty of aliens, and there are planets where humans are not the main race.

Eagle Racer
11-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok, don't know if anyone possed this idea, but if there is a particular love interest like in KOTOR 1, why not have the PC race also determine the race of the Love interest character, or charaters if there is more than one like KOTOR 2? Or maybe have a more diverse party and that determines the love interest..... I would personally like to be able to be a Jedi Wookie or Jawa.

Hallucination
11-22-2005, 12:02 AM
^^^I don't think that you should limit romantic interest on species.
Yet, in that one, the Jedi Council is all Caucasian Human, unlike K1, which had one Caucasian Human, one Black Human, one Twi'Lek, and one of whatever Yoda is.
So a group of white people is instantly racist? I don't see that as discrimination.

lukeiamyourdad
11-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Wasn't Vash asian?

Hallucination
11-22-2005, 12:25 AM
^^Its hard to tell with TSL's graphics. I decided to say that she had a good tan.

Eagle Racer
11-22-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't think you should limit the love interests either, but a lot of people's objection is "feasibility" I guess. So that would be a good way around it to me.... Anyways, I would say that just because the Handmaiden, Visa, Madalore and the main character all look human, doesn't mean they are anymore similar than a human and a Twi'leks. The planets the different people are from are so far spread it's unlikely they are identical in anatomy....

RedHawke
11-22-2005, 01:20 AM
That's what I meant. RedHawke, can you step up to the plate... again?
*Looks Around Nervously* Who? What? Where? Why? How?

I believe both the Holowan Plugins for KOTOR and TSL have a ton of playable Aliens, I only play Humans and the occasional Twilek when I play! :D

Emperor Devon
11-22-2005, 01:27 AM
I don't know about you, but I like to play as my own species.

And who can picture a lightsaber-wielding Gamorrean in black robes?

RedHawke
11-22-2005, 01:38 AM
And who can picture a lightsaber-wielding Gamorrean in black robes?
I can picture his carcas on a spit over a fire being slowly rotated whilst my Rancor pet waits for his meal! :dev9:

Gamorrean the other green meat! :D

*Flees from thread before getting pelted with tomatoes*

JediMaster12
11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
I can picture his carcas on a spit over a fire being slowly rotated whilst my Rancor pet waits for his meal! :dev9:

Gamorrean the other green meat! :D

*Flees from thread before getting pelted with tomatoes*

Interesting picture but I bet a Wookie would have bad breath after spit roasted Gamorreans :dev14:

Hey you want a leg or an arm? I'd go for the ham hocks :dev14:

Master omega
11-23-2005, 12:34 PM
A way you lot have totaly forgot is that if you chose to play as an alien. And the spiecis you are would make it stupid to romance a human. The game just dosent give you the option to click on it to start the flirting etc. But personaly i always wanted to pull a twi'lek female :)

JediMaster12
11-23-2005, 02:15 PM
A way you lot have totaly forgot is that if you chose to play as an alien. And the spiecis you are would make it stupid to romance a human. The game just dosent give you the option to click on it to start the flirting etc. But personaly i always wanted to pull a twi'lek female :)

We haven't forgot. It's just humor. Can you imagine kissing a twi'lek if you were human or the other way around?

*Thinking about it*

I don't really see it happening. Besides it would take more work on the part of the devs to create one alien PC. Maybe you should try it as a modding project. :3pdance:

Eagle Racer
11-23-2005, 10:46 PM
If they did alien races as well, couldn't they just have the game select a random PC head of the opposite sex for that race to be used as the head for the love interest?

Prime
11-24-2005, 10:43 AM
But then the danger is that story elements involving those characters would have to be more generic and less in depth to accomidate no knowing what the player will choose.

Besides, alien sex is gross!

StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 10:51 AM
...but personaly I always wanted to pull a Twi'lek female...

...alien sex is gross...

Quoted for irony, and for a lack of the thought process being taken all the way to the logical conclusion.

Star Wars is not rated X, and it never will be. You will never see even two humans having sex. The closest we've gotten is Ep. III where Padme gives birth to twins (very unrealistically, too). Yes, reproduction is a fact of life. Are the SW characters real? Do they need to eat? To drink? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you need to take a walk in the brisk, cool air of morning. The characters say only what actors say, do what programmers tell them to do. They don't need to eat or drink because they aren't *alive*.

That's my 2¢.

ilwugoalie
11-24-2005, 02:01 PM
StaffSaberist, your taking this thread way to seriously. Maybe you should take that walk through the brisk, cool morning air.

StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 02:40 PM
I shouldn't even give that the attention I'm about to, but...

This thread was meant to be a serious discussion. Where do you see this in the thread:

Oh, man, that's great! Alien PC's! ROFL! Hahaha! :lol:

Nowhere.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but we appear to actually be talking about whether it's a good idea or not. Love interests is a trivial matter, but one that deserves attention. The idea of interracial sex is not deserving of a glance. This thread was not intended to be a joke. If I appeared to be flamebaiting, or flaming, sorry. Didn't mean it that way. But come on, was sex even an issue in KotOR I? Or II? The answer has to be no.

Before you become a smart-alek and tell me that of course sex was an issue, don't want a male PC to fall in love with Carth and Bastila. That's gender, in this case, not sex.

I don't want a flame war, here. It'll be the end of this thread. But it seems ridiculous that we would even have that in KotOR. Do you really want a 'Hot Coffee' mod in KotOR III? If so, make it yourself. I'm not interested.

Master omega
11-24-2005, 04:12 PM
The issue is that a large number off pepole would like the Choice to play as an alien without needing to mod the game e.g jedi academy. It made no diffrence to that game what race you played as in that. And to be honest i dont agree that the romance issue is much off an issue at all. Because even the romance in kotor between Reven & bastila/Carth was never much more than flirting. And lets be honest only just enhanced the storyline slightly. And none off use whant interactive sex exspicaly in starwars .

But the topic is playing as an alien which personaly im all for.How many off use read review's off kotor 1/2 and read that haveing the choice would have been good. I know i did

SITHSLAYER133
11-24-2005, 04:37 PM
i say sure why not

StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
OK, I never said it wasn't an issue, the romance thing. I meant it was trivial compared to the plot of the story. OK, that aside, if the romance is the only thing in the way, then it would probably have been wise of me to stick to my guns early on and say Yeah, aliens are fun to play as. (I know, I'm flip-flopping like John Kerry.) And when I said "Mod it in", I was referring to the issue of sex, not romance.

Anyway, um... *Raises hands in air* Please don't flame me! ;) I'm too sick to ar - ar - AR-GUE! (achoo).

Master omega
11-24-2005, 07:54 PM
saberstaff dont worry about it. i think everone got kind off carrerd away with this thread. It's just that alot off people think it was something that the game was missing and its not just the romance issue that caused problems with the idea off haveing alien Pc. Thats just the one everone seamed to focus on :) LOL And yeah i know what you ment by ''Mod it in'' i just dont what that ether. I think in the most part we all agree Aliens good Alien sex bad LOL

Alkonium
11-24-2005, 07:59 PM
What does everyone have against interspecies romance? Boba Fett's wife wasn't the same species as him, Rystall's half-human, and some Ishi Tib women were sexually attracted to Luke Skywalker in Dark Nest I. So I say, if it can happen in the movies, the books, and the comics, it can happen in the games.

Master omega
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah i know it can happen in the books, movies etc . But the main issue is not that Alien romance /sex Whatever. That was just an issue people brought up to say that it would be difficult to play as an alien. Everone seams to have got off topic here. i think someone should start a thread about alien Romance because thats what this thread kina turned into.

RedHawke
11-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Besides, alien sex is gross!
Not with a Twilek hottie! :xp:

The Doctor
11-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh, man, that's great! Alien PC's! ROFL! :lol:
There, StaffSaberist, someone has said it. It's no longer a serious discussion.

StaffSaberist
11-25-2005, 09:56 PM
*Sigh* OK, it's not a serious discussion. Therefore, nobody's arguements have any merit. ;)

Master omega
11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
It's not that ayones arguements had any merit. Its just that it was not to do with this particular thread. It was an issue that was compoundinding into a throurough issue nothing to do with the issue rased with this thread. And we are told not to change subject from the moderters. So we have to keep on topic. People were makeing this more than it was ment to be. Thats all.

StaffSaberist
11-25-2005, 11:50 PM
What I said was a joke, kind of. If this was humor, then nobody can be taken seriously. But you are correct, we do need to either get back on topic, or have it closed. ;)

JediMaster12
11-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Everyone calm down. If you think about it in the original films, the hero/oes were human with the exception of Chewbacca and the droids, if you would call the droids heroes. (Personally they are comic relief).
Anywhos if the heroes were human, it would make sense that the main PC in the games be human. Wouldn't it? Think about it.

*Leaving the table to let you think*

ilwugoalie
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
a game is a game... if you take it for more than that ... there is a problem

Liit Orda
11-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Hell, the way I see it is that if there can be a Nautolan/Twi'lek relationship and a Bothan/Human relationship in the EU already, why would it affect anything majorly for the game?

I'd embrace the idea of playing as a different species (one of my favourite things about Jedi Academy) especially if it marks differences in class, etc. Brilliance.

JediMaster12
11-30-2005, 08:22 PM
I just can't see it.

Ransom
01-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Bow before Darth Webull :jedijawa: Dark Lord of the Sith! :lol:

nothing is impossable with the force.

and y would you want to have love and stuff if your a dark lord its a weekness i would sooner crush my companions if i was alowd to

anyway i think being a wookie would be fun you would scare alot of enemys

Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 07:38 PM
It'd mean less dialogue, as more time would be spent recording lines like "You're only human/Twi'lek/Rodian/Aqualish/Devaronian/Quarren/Selkath/Mon Calamari/Assorted Other". I'd prefer more story, myself.

Ransom
01-04-2006, 07:51 PM
It'd mean less dialogue, as more time would be spent recording lines like "You're only human/Twi'lek/Rodian/Aqualish/Devaronian/Quarren/Selkath/Mon Calamari/Assorted Other". I'd prefer more story, myself.

maybe if thay speeked basic yes but most likely thay will speek there own toung

Prime
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
The whole thing would be more trouble than it is worth, IMO.

Jae Onasi
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I think you could get away with some aliens that are relatively humanoid. Of course, they could also make some of the NPCs aliens, and when you have to switch from your PC to playing the NPC for awhile like in TSL, you get the alien experience. It's not a perfect answer, but one that might work. Of course, my goal is to get through the character creation screen as quickly as possible so I can get to the Star Wars music and then into the story.... :)

Sith_Reven
01-05-2006, 03:27 PM
There are enough alien variations in kotor 1 and 2 to talk to and it just wouldn't make sense to have the player be a different species. The story is the main thing. It is what keeps me playing, I hardly pay attention to me characters appearance, save his dark/light transitions. Don' get me wrong, I think the character is important but it shouldn't be complicated by adding different races

Sith_Reven
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
WHoa I am really sorry for the double post.....my bad

Fixed :D ~ ChAiNz.2da

Diego Varen
01-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I agree with Alkonium. It wouldn't matter if the species had romance. I mean on KOTOR, Dak Vesser (Human) was in love with Juhani (Cathar), so it wouldn't matter. Although it would feel weird.

StaffSaberist
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Good, point, Pottsie.

Sith_Revan, you can delete the second post, if you wish. Click Edit this, click the 'delete message' radio button, then click the 'Delete this Message' button.

Gray_Master
01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Does race really matter when you talk to others? Just call him Jedi, adding other races wouldn't pull from the story at all...to be honest how could it...all things considered, when you become a Jedi they consider you Jedi not (race here) so going through the game being called Jedi, offworlder, or newcomer would work just fine and work for all races....besides it would add alot to EU anyway..I mean really name one Sith Twi'lek, Kril'dor, or Rodian...it would really add to the fun of char building.

StaffSaberist
01-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, there was a Zabrak Sith Lord, only one, but he wasn't even in KotOR. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/046.gif

Jeremia Skywalk
01-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I have an idea. You are a hutt, your party members have to pull and push you. You can neither atack nor use force, your def is 0 and you have fixed 150 hp. Only way to defeat your enemies is bribing them. you get ex for that.

Diego Varen
01-09-2006, 02:43 PM
To be honest, that is a terrible idea.

JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Jeremia Skywalk, you just made me laugh a ton! Heehee!
As for being able to play as an alien, I think it's a bad idea unless someone wants to take the job of creating a mod.

Jeremia Skywalk
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
To be honest, that is a terrible idea.

I think taking that serious is a terrible idea

Diego Varen
01-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Agreed.

Darth InSidious
01-11-2006, 09:17 AM
I have an idea. You are a hutt, your party members have to pull and push you. You can neither atack nor use force, your def is 0 and you have fixed 150 hp. Only way to defeat your enemies is bribing them. you get ex for that.
ROFL!
Maybe your name could be Slobba, too?

Cygnus Q'ol
01-11-2006, 01:55 PM
This probably could have been a poll.

Who really wants to play as an alien?

I'll bet there aren't as many as you think.
Maybe once for novelty but, seriously...

Vaelastraz
01-11-2006, 03:04 PM
I dont want to play as an alien. Iam a human, i like humans.
Besides..ALL REAL important character in star wars seem to be human xD

ChAiNz.2da
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Besides..ALL REAL important character in star wars seem to be human xD
Yeah, that Yoda character was just waaay to overused.. camera hog ;)

Prime
01-11-2006, 04:25 PM
He's just a really old human. :)

Gray_Master
01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
ok granted...all the important chars where human yeah well other than Yoda and Chewie..yeah...but all the really cool chars were alians!! Kit, Plo, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Agen, Maul if you go sith, the Jedi council had a great deal of human alian members..or whatever...

oh yeah lets look too deeply at this for a moment k? trust me :halo2:
All the "human" chars are alian...Han was corillian and Liea was (more or less) Nadoo-ian they look alike because of how stable our genetic makeup is :)

lukeiamyourdad
01-11-2006, 06:36 PM
All the "human" chars are alian...Han was corillian and Liea was (more or less) Nadoo-ian they look alike because of how stable our genetic makeup is :)

Except that nationality has nothing to do with specie :)

Gray_Master
01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Zabrak is like us in almost everyway save the horns....so is that race or nationality? or how about Mon Cal's and Selkath?? are they the same race but simply diff nationalities? hmmm interesting. Kit Fisto, diff breed of Twi'lek? Just cause some fetures are more exposed than others doesn't mean they aren't compatibal on a genetic lvl. remember Star Wars refures to all these as humanoid- not human but a variant. thats why the USA (for example) talk about alians from Mexico and what not. an Alian is an outlander...there for Han is an alian and Kit is a huminoid...rant rant ramble ramble

StaffSaberist
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Getting on topic, It would be fun to choose an alien. Perhaps some side-quests would be available as a human, others as a Twi'Lek, etc...

JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
This would be an intresting Idea indeed, and a very good one at that ;) I dunno on how it would work out, but I can say it shoudln't make the game any worse by adding in the ability to choose your species :D I wanna play a Wookie Jedi ^.^

JediMaster12
01-12-2006, 05:37 PM
He's just a really old human. :)

Yeah and Chewie is just a human with a rug for a suit. I just think that this should be a modding project and not an option for gameplay purposes.:)

lukeiamyourdad
01-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Zabrak is like us in almost everyway save the horns....so is that race or nationality? or how about Mon Cal's and Selkath??

Quite easy. If they can reproduce together, they're of the same specie.

You're right about the definition of alien, but I think it's pretty clear what people are talking about when they want to play as an alien.
You're just getting too technical on a rather simple matter.

Gray_Master
01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
lol granted, if I am being too technical for a simple matter, than alians should be selectable and really there is no reason they can't be..be it romance, dialogue, whatever...they simply should be selectable to expand the RPG aspect. or..atleast thats m point of view :nut:

StaffSaberist
01-12-2006, 11:55 PM
I somehow don't think the characters on KotOR will ever mate, so I don't see the point of arguing about race.

Master omega
01-14-2006, 02:15 PM
The hole thing is off topic but i do like the idea off giveing you unique missions when you play as a certen type off alien E.g You could have some Traking missions If you play as a wookie, Some Missions were you have to inftrate a hutts palace as a dancer if your female twi'lek all verry cool ideas

StaffSaberist
01-14-2006, 04:41 PM
And maybe some racist humans will attack you if you're Kel'Dor or something. you know, like former Tarisians.

Clone L68362
01-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Having the choice to play as an alien would be nice, but it would require more work like it's been mentioned before. Something no one else remembered was on Nar Shadaa in TSL, humans were kinda discriminated against, like in the bar/pazaak den. So if you play as an alien, you would likely encounter people who don't like you either.

JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 11:44 AM
You have a point there. I totally forgot about that.

Diego Varen
01-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I've just realised, how come an alien hasn't been a Sith Lord in KOTOR. The only ever Sith was Darth Maul, who I thought was great (Shame he was killed in Episode 1...), but maybe they could have a Zabrak, Twi'lek, Kel Dor or a Wookie. I also noticed your Master isn't an Alien and the Masters are female in KOTOR (Not being sexist or anything), but I think it should be a Male Jedi Master, like Jorran Corral, from my quite successful Fanfic, Jorran Corral - The Chronicles Of A Jedi. Check it out. You can find it on Courcant Entertainment Centre.

JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Actually in KOTOR, Master Zhar was male, the one who trained you, and he's a Twilek. Vandar is a Yoda Jedi, I don't know the species but you should take a closer look at the council chambers on Dantooine.

MachineCult
01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Whill is unofficially the name of Yodas species.
I think that the player character should remain Human, it is important that players relate to the characters, especially when there are romantic aspects involved in the storylines.
It is also important that the player character is Human because of the segregation between the species that was depicted in K1 and 2, it would be less interesting without those aspects in the game.

JediMaster12
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes I think the PC should stay human. As for NPCs, give me a anything that can fight with a melee or a blaster. Heck I'll take them all as droids and have a droid army to defeat the Sith!!!

Calm down, There is no emotion, there is peace.