PDA

View Full Version : Ask Your SWBF2 Questions Here!

Rudolphski
10-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Does anyone have any info on what the Auto Turrets are that the sniper class carry? Is it some type of mini turret that can guard your back or defend a location while you move to new ground?

T10
10-24-2005, 06:18 AM
It's a small floating droid that looks like a grey interrogation droid from the DS. It fires when people go near it, and is as scary as a crouching Greivous.

0MERCURY0
10-24-2005, 02:49 PM
sweet this will come in hande when im sniping on endor.

Rudolphski
10-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Awsome! I can't wait to try that out on Hoth. The number of cool things that come to mind are just plain awsome. There have been so many cases were I've found a great sniping location just to get killed by a single pilot that has found me in a not so great position to defend myself.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 02:20 AM
The auto turret is going to be fun to use.

alex533
10-26-2005, 04:50 PM
lol, auto turret sux, cant kill for ****

ET Warrior
10-26-2005, 07:54 PM
One would imagine that the aut turret isn't meant to kill other people, so much as it's meant to give you warning that someone approaches.

Darth Alec
10-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Or to give your position up. If someone just walks past not looking for anyone, they'll get shot at and will know someone's there.

zerted
10-27-2005, 11:25 PM
I've been able to jump on the auto turret (frendly of course) to get to better places...

MandaloreBIC
11-03-2005, 01:42 AM
lol how would the person know if the sniper who put the turrent down is gone or not? and using turrents as stepping stones are a great idea.....

MachineCult
11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Well now the game is out we all know the auto turret thing is crap.

jaemz
11-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't say it is crap... just another tool.

What you really need is 3 snipers at the same place to drop their turrets together, I am sure a couple of these together will be alot more effective.

Samduhman
11-03-2005, 11:40 AM
I talked a bunch of guys into buying the first one at or LAN party and then it bombed horribly with them! I felt like an idiot. We went back to Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament 2004. Two main reasons it bombed, the maps where to small especially for the space fighters and some people just didn't like the way the graphics looked. We loved playing Jedi Knight Outcast in its day but just couldn't get into Battlefront.

jaemz
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Better is pretty subjective. Personally I am having a blast playing this online... the space battles are amazing.
Will your friends like it more than the first SWBF? Well that is hard to answer... but I would bet money they will like it more than the first one. I would recomend getting this one, trying it out yourself... and then see if you will recomend it.

MachineCult
11-03-2005, 12:55 PM
In every way, this game is better than it's predesessor,
Get it, if only just for you.

Tyler_Durden
11-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Well I'll be objective and say that from the reviews I've read, the game's pretty much the same as the first one except there's more content added plus there's a coherent single player campaign. I read that some maps, such as Rhen Var and Tatooine were taken out completely and the game's pretty much about the space battles and the Jedi, though IGN points out that the Jedi are kind of twitchy and the overall game is more arcade like (quake) as opposed to sim like (battlefield). Once I have the game, I'll put a non-hype review up.

richo
11-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Hi, I want to buy this game as I had a blast playing the last game online. But I wanted a definite answer to the question in the title.

So, can you crouch or prone in the game? It would annoy the hell out of me if I couldn't. Especially if I was a sniper, I would be a sitting duck if I was standing and sniping.

I remember reading somewhere that you can crouch but not prone, but I have also heard that if you press and hold the crouch key you prone. So I am a bit confused.

Also does this game have widescreen support?

Thanks
Richo

rut-wa jodar
11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
you can definately crouch,but not prone

Commander Obi-Wan
11-03-2005, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't say it is crap... just another tool.

What you really need is 3 snipers at the same place to drop their turrets together, I am sure a couple of these together will be alot more effective.

I agree....

Commander Obi-Wan
11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
In every way, this game is better than it's predesessor,
Get it, if only just for you.

:wstupid:

richo
11-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I don't see why they have taken it out???? I doubt I'll buy it.

Thanks for the reply.

MachineCult
11-03-2005, 05:08 PM
What an intelligent post commanderobiwan.

MachineCult
11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
You aren't buying it because you can't go prone?

Heres an idea, be something other than a sniper once in a while.

Vagabond
11-03-2005, 06:11 PM
You can still snipe, even if you're not prone. I agree that I wish being prone were still in the game, but that seems like an odd reason to not get the game. The rest of the game seems to be pretty fun to me.

deamonomic
11-03-2005, 08:54 PM
ok all i want to know is what the space battle is like. im going to buy the game, but cant do so for a while. can you tae over a ship and turn it agianst its own fleet? or blow it up? or do you just occopie it and pray they dont come and take it back? (xbox version)

"judge not, lest ye be judged"

zerted
11-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Each ship is like a standard vehicle (only with no wheels). You can steal enemy ships. To do so, you must land in the enemies fighter bay, wait for a ship to respawn (not long) and jump in. You now control that ship.

Izzybaz
11-03-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure you can steal a BIG ship, like a Star Destroyer. You can enter them and run around, kill more people, steal a small fighter and leave. I haven't tried to steal a Star Destroyer though.

Jennaida
11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
If you press and hold the crouch key, you get down onto one knee for a lower crouch. No prone. Which doesn't bother me in the least, since I've never gone prone deliberately in the original.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
You can't steal a Star Destroyer. :vsd:

jaemz
11-04-2005, 12:09 AM
The space battles are what really make this game awesome in my books. Each side (usually) has a star destroyer (type ship) and a friggot style ship. The SD has the spawn point, starfighter bay, turret command room and sometimes a destroyable warp core. The friggots are destroyable (I think, but they don't seem to do much).

From the launch bay, if you hop into one of the many types of star fighters, or troop transports... you lift off and fly out of the bay and into space. Prepare to dogfight, avoid turret fire, fly around obsticles and shoot anything that moves.

I could go on for hours about the space battles, but I would rather play them. Hope that helps, see you online.

Rogue3
11-04-2005, 12:48 AM
I have battle front for the PC and its awsome! the only thing is I cant get rid of those damn objective details, ya know the ones that pause the game and explain what u need to do I CANT GET RID OF THEM! I've gone into the options menu and I dont see the "Always show objective details" I gone into the options menu both in and out of the game and still nothing! a little help plse other then that the game is awsome! I love the story of the 501st

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 01:16 AM
oh jaemz you can bet youll see me... i just hope everyone dont go to the xbox 360 by the time i get it...i have to wait till december 17th but i just got sw3: revenge of the sith. and i played the short... short... shoooort, demo of the space battle, it was fun, but ultimatly TOO SHORT! i only had 3 min... wich makes me... disgruntled... lol... anyways i noticed. you can destory a ships engine... does that have any real effect on the ship? like does it affect the threat of that ship? like if it has no engines it becomes a low priority target. anyways thanks for the info.

"judge not, lest ye be judged"

TK209
11-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Read somewhere that the developers took out the 'prone' feature because no one used it. Seems the game moves too fast for it sometimes to be useful

MandaloreBIC
11-04-2005, 02:32 AM
poeple!!! there's already a thred for this.... lol i spelled it like the naboo capital, threed

MandaloreBIC
11-04-2005, 02:37 AM
not at all, you have to get to 180 points to win, when you kill off the engine it gies you 40 points i think (major compont) the other small ocuncils give you 1, the turrents give you 1, the starfighetsr give you 1, bomber 2, trooper trans 5 and such, you can destroy all systems in the other guy's ship and not win!!!! you have to get to 180 point!!!!

MandaloreBIC
11-04-2005, 03:00 AM
so? it't actually helpful at times, just press attack to kill it, not much trouble at all... and no you can't turn it off....

Rogue3
11-04-2005, 05:39 AM
doh but thanks man, I guess it aint so bad, now to get the hang of flying down...

zerted
11-04-2005, 05:47 AM
...The friggots are destroyable (I think, but they don't seem to do much)...
Friggots give you about 14 or 19 points for blowing them up. In the beta, they are sort of off to the side and don't do much, but in the other space maps, they are between the two main ships and their turrets will pick your fleet to pieces unless you take tem out. So far, I've seen a max of 3 Friggots per team on a few space maps (the beta just has 1 per team).

richo
11-04-2005, 07:43 AM
You aren't buying it because you can't go prone?

Heres an idea, be something other than a sniper once in a while.

What's your problem? I don't play as a sniper all the time. I hardly ever do. It's just I don't want to be restricted in my movements at all.

For any one who played the first game for any length of time should be able to confirm this, my user name was casanova.

Vagabond
11-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I have to say, that when they still had orbital strikes in the game, I'd often go find me an out-of-the-way gonk droid and just hunker down, prone, so as to draw as little attention to myself as possible, and just oribital bomard the heck out of everyone. I have to say, that was a LOT of fun. I'm sort of sad to see that both oribital bombardment and laying prone are gone from SWBF2, but I still think the game is pretty fun so far.

richo
11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I still might buy it Vagabond as so many people who played the first one liked the second. It's just with FPS games, when your attacking the command posts it's nice to be able to prone, ie, make yourself a smaller target.

I loved the first game regardless of its problems, and do miss the multiplayer action. Thats it, I'm off to special reserve to get my copy.

By the way, is there a large number of online players yet?

Jennaida
11-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I think "orbital bombardment" basically is replaced by the exploding scout drone for the class that has it, basically. Orbital Bombard was fun though, I admit ;)

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 03:09 PM
cool. i know u can blow up the bridge... but i ask.. wouldnt that take the ship outa the battle? cause you cant very well control a ship with out the bridge.

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 03:35 PM
ok i have yet another qustion, can you play as the dark side? i mean on every mission? i cant remember if the first one did that..... also with the jedi... do you get to play them as long as their health stays up?

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 03:48 PM
also are the missions really timed??? (xbox)

Neon
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Sorry, but I have no idea about your x-box question.
And I think they are playable on both sides.

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 04:26 PM
are the games really timed like in the demo's?

DarthMuffin
11-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Some *objectives* are timed in the campaign. Such as protecting area X for Y seconds, or recovering X in Y seconds. Entire battles are not timed. (This is for the PC, but I think it should be the same for the X-BOX).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with Dark Side. Playable Sith are only to the Impire and CIS.

Darth Alec
11-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Try to use the edit button, that helps.

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
are the missions really timed? i was just playin the demo and it only gave me 3 minutes in the space battle.... if it is that would be a real let down... but id stull buy it. i like fighting as a jedi

MachineCult
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Um, no they aren't timed.
Alot of demos are timed like that, theres no way a full game would try and do that it's ridiculous.

End thread.

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 07:32 PM
what i meant is the individual missions...

MachineCult
11-04-2005, 07:45 PM
The only thing that is timed is the length of time you can be a hero.

deamonomic
11-04-2005, 08:13 PM
ok thank you, i asked cause im playing the demo that comes with the dvd...

Jetset
11-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Anyone know if the pc version has been released in Japan? I'm going to meet friends there in February :)!! Thanks!!

Jet

PoiuyWired
11-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, there is that suicide droid the commander have... though not nearly as powerful.

MagnaGuard
11-05-2005, 01:11 AM
My friend, commanderobiwan, told me that Hoth is timed for 21 minutes. If you go past that time, it is considered a defeat (this is for PS2...and probably all versions).
Also, you have to complete some objectives in a certain time limit. This also is what my friend, commanderobiwan, told me. Since I have yet to play the game.

JohnLocke
11-05-2005, 02:07 AM
I have to say, that when they still had orbital strikes in the game, I'd often go find me an out-of-the-way gonk droid and just hunker down, prone, so as to draw as little attention to myself as possible, and just oribital bomard the heck out of everyone. I have to say, that was a LOT of fun. I'm sort of sad to see that both oribital bombardment and laying prone are gone from SWBF2, but I still think the game is pretty fun so far.

I agree. Especially on Kashyyyk, as a clone sniper, I'd run to the end of the platforms and go prone next to the ammo droid, and bomb the snot out of the AATs and spider walkers on the island.
But these maps are way more complex and the recon droid would would probably run out of fuel before getting to its target. Plus I'll admit going prone got me killed (or got me kills from enemies who did) all too often.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2005, 04:32 AM
I have never had to redo a level more than once. Never a third time. But, I have finished a few levels with one casualty left, like on Mustafar, and Tantive IV.

zerted
11-05-2005, 04:44 AM
I suck. I've beaten the entire SWBF2 game (501st campain and the 4 galaxy conquests) on Elite and I became a worst player. After you have been playing for a while, you start to keep bonuses such as damage given increase and damage taken reduction. I've been playing with those given to me each time I spawn for so long, I've gotten too used to them. I want a way to turn those bonuses off. I don't want to make a new profile becasue I want to keep track of my stats, but I no longer want to start with the 3 (soon to be 4) permanent bonuses I've earned. The bonuses are there to help good players, in the short run they do, but in the long run they only hurt you.

In the first patch, make a setting so the user can turn those off.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2005, 04:48 AM
I have a question for you zerted. How do you get the technician award or the award that you get by getting into an enemy vehicle?

zerted
11-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Nooooooo. I just typed a very detailed reply only to have it erased when I hit the BackSpace key when attempting to delete a letter, but IE went back one page... Anyway the short version:
You get a technician award by slicing into an enemy vehicle. To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in. You don't need to get into the vehicle to get the award. If you do get in the vehicle, you get a nautomatic vehicle health regeneration for that vehicle.

Note: The enemy units stay alive when they pop out, so watch your back.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Thanx.....

Darth Alec
11-06-2005, 03:34 AM
Nooooooo. I just typed a very detailed reply only to have it erased when I hit the BackSpace key when attempting to delete a letter, but IE went back one page... Anyway the short version:
You get a technician award by slicing into an enemy vehicle. To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in. You don't need to get into the vehicle to get the award. If you do get in the vehicle, you get a nautomatic vehicle health regeneration for that vehicle.

Nice. That what I'm gonna be doing the next few days.

Kurgan
11-06-2005, 04:31 AM
Here's my noob question (for all you experts who've had the retail game for 1-7 days!)

How do you take screenshots? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154888)

deamonomic
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
is it true that in every mission the enemy has unlimited reinforcements?

McCusto
11-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes

Kurgan
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Fun. One more reason to prefer Instant Action/Multiplayer. ;)

ParanoidAndroid
11-07-2005, 10:34 PM
yep, you can't just deplete their reinforcements now, you actually have to acheive objectives, it can be fun, but a bit frustrating. Play IA if you want more freedom in how you play.

deamonomic
11-07-2005, 10:39 PM
darn. it would have been funner depleting the enemies forces.

zerted
11-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I think I'm going to try to deplete the enemies forces. What could be better than defeating an infinte amount of enemies (meaning if the game buggs out at some number). Can anyone think of a good map for this? It needs to have a defendable location where I can order all my troops to stay behind behind.

I just though of one: The Jedi Temple. Right before the bookcases, there are very few enemies spawning and no Jedi around. I should be able to stay alive even if my troops can't.

deamonomic
11-07-2005, 11:05 PM
they have infinate spawns

CountDooku
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
It seems as though they deplete because they seem to spawn like rabbits so that its impossible to capture a post and then eventually stop spawning. I don't really understand it.

deamonomic
11-07-2005, 11:15 PM
maby it just doesnt say how many they have?

zerted
11-08-2005, 01:48 AM
...they seem to spawn like rabbits so that its impossible to capture a post and then eventually stop spawning. I don't really understand it.
:blast5: I've noticed that too.

Darth Covetous
11-08-2005, 10:08 AM
They do have limited spawns in GC and IA though right?

Redtech
11-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Yep.

To be exact, when you choose instant action, you can choose what 'variant' of a level you want, such as Capture the flag (one or two flags) and the GC rules. Choose GC rules and you play 'classical' battlefront. As a point, you still need to earn the officer and 'uber' unit though.

deamonomic
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM
oo

daventry
11-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Is this like an official Forum Board where the Lucas Company or maybe Goerge Lucas sees what we post.

MachineCult
11-08-2005, 08:25 PM
No it isn't, Kurgan see's though, he see's everthing...

JohnLocke
11-09-2005, 02:23 AM
To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in.

OK, now it all makes sense....I first thought slicing would do damage, like if you sliced long enough it would destroy the vehicle. Plus I think the slicing has to be continuous, if it stops at any point I believe you have to start all over again. AND, it explains why I got to 100% once only to keep hitting 'E', wondering why I can't get in, then finally being "mysteriously" killed...(by the units that had popped out, not knowing they were there.)

Redtech
11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Trust me, the officer units are worth it..except the Imp one.

Oh, and hunt mode on Endor is brilliant. I'm practicing for the 'gunslinger' weapon there.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 01:27 PM
How do you get a critical hit? Where do you have to hit the vehicles?

Darth Alec
11-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Depends on the vehicle, but mostly in the back some were.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Alright...thanx

Darth Alec
11-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Here's the one's i pretty much know:

AT-AT: the neck
AT-ST: in the back, slighlty under the head
AAT: the square in the back
Rep tank, the square in the back

daventry
11-10-2005, 04:15 PM
01. Whats the diffrence between SWBF2 and SWBF2 (Safe Mode)

02. What is Vsync.

03. What is Anti Allasing

04. What is Bass Management.

05. How do i see my PM.

06. How do i make a Spoiler Tag.

scrat15
11-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey all. I am asking about the PC version.
I know that the original xbox version had rediculous lag issues online. Was that the same on pc? Has this problem been sorted in this sequel?

Also, how many people play the original online? And how many people play SWBF2 online? You know, as in how many people could you expect to see online at once at peak times.

I am seriously considering buying PC SWBF2. Thanks for your time.

MachineCult
11-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Buy it, it's amazing.

scrat15
11-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeh so I hear...
I am very interested in those specific questions I asked ^^^^ though
Can anyone answer those?
Thanks, much appreciated

Kurgan
11-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Well they don't have orbital bombardment but they do have droids that explode. The ability is definately nerfed and not as much fun as before though, I agree...

The prone ability may have helped some people, but for me it felt like you were play acting being a soldier... crawling through the grass on your belly, it was just cool, even if it never happened in the Star Wars movies that I remember... (then again, half of the stuff in this game never happened in the movies, so no problem there!).

zerted
11-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Well they don't have orbital bombardment but they do have droids that explode. The ability is definately nerfed and not as much fun as before though, I agree...

The prone ability may have helped some people, but for me it felt like you were play acting being a soldier... crawling through the grass on your belly, it was just cool, even if it never happened in the Star Wars movies that I remember... (then again, half of the stuff in this game never happened in the movies, so no problem there!).
Without orbital bombardment, you can use them under ground or inside the ships.

I used prone. Sometime when I'm very low on health and in enemy areas, I go prone. Some people just don't look down. I have slowly crawled along the walls, very close to enemy humans (bots will just kill you), for long distances to reach a health droid. Why people didn't shoot me I'm not sure, but they didn't.

daventry
11-13-2005, 08:37 AM

02. What is Vsync.

05. How do i see my PM.

Anyone??

daventry
11-13-2005, 08:38 AM
No it isn't, Kurgan see's though, he see's everthing...

So this is not an Official Forum Board.

Who is Kurgan.

Do you guy's think the Lucas Arts people see what we write on the Forum Board or maybe one of the Lucas Arts people are a Member here.

MachineCult
11-13-2005, 08:39 AM
[ spoiler ] *blah blah* [ /spoiler ]

Forget about the rest of them doesn't look like anyones going to answer.

MachineCult
11-13-2005, 08:43 AM

Who is Kurgan.

Do you guy's think the Lucas Arts people see what we write on the Forum Board or maybe one of the Lucas Arts people are a Member here.

No it isn't. Try, lucasarts.com!?

Kurgan is the Admin you n00b he posts everywhere all the time.

NO They don't they mite look on the Lucas Arts forums though.

daventry
11-13-2005, 11:43 AM
[ spoiler ] *blah blah* [ /spoiler ]

Forget about the rest of them doesn't look like anyones going to answer.

Then whats the point for a Noob to come to the Best Forum ever if no one wants to answer a few simple questions, how then wil he get the answers.

MachineCult
11-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Don't have a go at me kid, i only knew the answer to the last question but at least i answered it.

daventry
11-13-2005, 02:28 PM

Kurgan
11-13-2005, 02:51 PM

Who is Kurgan.

He's me. ;) I'm not the only admin, but I'm one of the more talkative ones, so I hear...

Yes, the LucasArts people do visit here, and they have accounts here. The thing is though, they work hard for their company and don't have time to answer all our posts (even if they were allowed to by their superiors) so they rarely post and just lurk.

The exception was when JK2 and JA each were coming out and the first few months, several of the developers talked at length, gave feedback and tips and listened to suggetions for the patches.

And yes, people need not assume that they take every post here seriously and it makes a difference, but then we shouldn't assume that they have no idea these posts exist either. Chances are they've read a good chunk of what goes on, even if they don't do anything about it. We're not the only community around after all... Raven and LucasArts (and I'm sure Pandemic and all these other companies) have their own forums to attend to. But they know this community exists and we have a good relationship with them. They don't tell us everything, but they throw us a bone now and then. ;)

And it's true, none of the moderators, super moderators or admins here are LucasArts or LucasFilm employees. This is strictly a fan forum based on a fan network (a Lucas Fan Network, if you will). ;) We may have more connections with the companies and people than the average fan site, but we're still nowhere near official.

daventry
11-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Cool, thanks.

Kurgan
11-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by daventry

Safe Mode in games is typically for testing. Like let's say the game keeps crashing on you and you don't know why. Safe Mode is to try to see if you can run the game with minimal settings (no flashy graphics, low res, etc). It's to troubleshoot technical problems on your end. The non-safe mode is how you normally run the game, with all your custom graphics and sound settings, etc.

02. What is Vsync.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vsync) should always be taken with a grain of salt, but this sounds about right:

Vertical synchronization (abbreviated as vertical sync or V-sync) is a method used in computer games to only allow the game to draw to the screen starting at the beginning of a video scan. This limits the frame rate of the game to the monitor's refresh frequency and also prevents page tearing.

V-sync is often found in applications where frames forming a motion sequence are rendered in real time at a variable rate, including 2D/3D games and audio/data visualizations, but does not apply to video playback.

Aliasing (sp?) is the effect of pixelation ("blockiness") at the edges of sprites or polygons, that gives something a digitized look, and thus less realistic. Anti-Aliasing is a feature built into many video cards, and some games themselves that "smoothes out" or smears (depending on how its calculated) these pixels in order to make it look less pixelated. Usually it requires at least a minimal amount of extra memory to accomplish this, hence why it used to be that only high level video cards or people with lots of ram were capable of benefiting from it. Now it seems to be more commonly used.

Some people prefer to the speed boost (though its probably minimal for modern systems) of not using AA, and some people dislike the "fuzziness" or "smearing" that sometimes accompanies it. It's a personal preference. Many consider it to be "prettier" than seeing pixels.

Just like what it sounds like. Bass is the "boom" (opposite of treble.. it's the low sounds, vs. the high sounds of treble). Bass that's too high or too low can ruin the sound experience for many people. Either stuff sounds too "shallow" (too low) or too reverberating (too high). Bass Management is (supposed) to make sure that the bass sounds right. It's a personal prefernce and I don't know how well it works in this game.

05. How do i see my PM.

Go to the top of your screen where it says "private messages" (if you're logged in, it should show your name and a number next to it). Click on that and view your private messages, send them, etc. Or you can go to the "User CP" (User Control Panel) and access them from there. They're at the top of the screen with your options on the forum.

[ spoiler ] Your spoiler goes here [ / spoiler ] (remove spaces to get the tags to work, like so:)

SPOILED!

Good luck!

daventry
11-13-2005, 03:32 PM
I've been spoiled, oh dear. Ha ha, thanks. :)

Kurgan
11-13-2005, 03:39 PM
See? Patience pays off. ;)

Darth Alec
11-14-2005, 03:52 AM
He he...

Darren Close
11-21-2005, 02:13 AM
I've got Battlefront II for the PC and I can't seem to access the heroes + villains instant action level my friend told me about (just leader characters duking it out, no troopers). Is this feature for the consoles only or part of the multiplayer part of the game?

Darth Alec
11-21-2005, 03:52 AM
Go to mos eisly, and then do assult mode. That is the celeberty death macht.

Darren Close
11-23-2005, 01:01 AM
thanks dude :)

Alkova Lexis
12-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Does anyone have any info on what the Auto Turrets are that the sniper class carry? Is it some type of mini turret that can guard your back or defend a location while you move to new ground?

Yes thats correct...
Say while you travel u can leave a turrent at ur command post to defend it... it works really well.

zerted
12-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Sniper Auto-Turrets:
The sniper can only place one at a time. It stays where its place and starts shooting at nearby enemies. Be carful, it doesn't care if you or another friendly unit is standing between it and the enemy, it will fire anyway. It also blows up when attacked by enemies, after a time period, or after a certain amount of shots. You can also jump on top of them If you place one down, the AI will always throw a gernade at it.

PoiuyWired
12-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Is there any Cheat/Code for SWBF2 PC version? Say SWBF1 have special profile codes like "Jub Jub" is there anything like that? Is there any codes via the "talk" function?

Don't care much about things like infinite ammo and life, but I sooo want those funny dialogues and hobbit mode and what not...

dgamekid
12-21-2005, 09:44 AM
What do you guys think? I just read they plan on releasing a HUGE patch for xbox live but what about us PC users where's our love? Will they release the same patch for us?

zerted
12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
I think they will be giving PC users a better patch. It will fix many bugs people are having. The Xbox users all have the same hardware, so there is less test/fix on those systems and they can produce it faster. PC have a wide range of hardware and thus have a wider range of problems. We should also be getting modding tools with the release of the patch. I am willing to wait for a better patch and an unfaulty map editor/mod tool.

DeeDee_Ramone
01-17-2006, 01:54 AM
I new Lucas Arts could have done better work with Battlefront2 they rushed it, Is the expansion for hero and villian assualt on kashyyk and the expansion for Visto and Ventress available for the PS2?????

MachineCult
01-17-2006, 08:30 AM
I wish it would but it's very doubtful.

MandaloreBIC
01-20-2006, 02:39 AM
of course not, tehy can't fit it in a 8MB card, but it will be for xbox (da harddrive) and PC (PC > you, na just kidding PC>mac>xbox>ps2>gamecube)

General Solo
01-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I new Lucas Arts could have done better work with Battlefront2 they rushed it, Is the expansion for hero and villian assualt on kashyyk and the expansion for Visto and Ventress available for the PS2?????

I really doubt it if expansions are for the ps2, it is only for pc the expansions.

MachineCult
01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
No actually they're for the XBox.

General Solo
01-24-2006, 08:37 PM
How do you buy a ship on galatic conquest for the pc?

Commander Obi-Wan
01-24-2006, 09:28 PM
How do you buy a ship on galatic conquest for the pc?

Deselect your current ship and move to another planet you own and press the select button. :D

General Solo
01-24-2006, 09:41 PM
thanks man for the help

MachineCult
01-25-2006, 11:24 AM
lol, i've played every galactic conquest with one ship.

ghost hunter
01-29-2006, 12:13 PM
right i need to know the best way to do the back hanger part on hoth campain

Scare Crow
02-05-2006, 03:12 AM
i made a dedicated host on my xbox and it says there are over 50 people in my room. is that possible?

Sithkiller438
04-01-2006, 12:31 AM
can you blow up capital ships entirly and if so how?

Commander Obi-Wan
04-01-2006, 08:19 PM
can you blow up capital ships entirly and if so how?

No. Just the "innards".

jawathehutt
04-02-2006, 01:03 AM
lol

ATOMlC
04-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I know the game itself does not have clans, but has anyone started a clan for swbf2 in htese forums?

Darth Andrew
04-03-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure if a forum-specific clan has been created here, but I recommend you look in the Clan Forum (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619) for more information.

TSR
04-04-2006, 06:38 AM
as for the hangar on hoth, its good to have war hero and guardian unlocked, and maybe frenzy. go as an ordinary blaster grunt/soldier, plant the tracker and then move a few meters away from the trench. If you play with FF off, then you can go lob grenades down the trench to sort out any flimsy attempts byt the rebels to destroy it, and then fire in a few blaster lasers for luck. if you die, just run back and repeat. If it's health is low, just switch to an engineer and use the fusion cutter to heal.

Demon Drone
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
How do you take screenshots? I've been trying to figure this out forever.

Throckmorton
04-19-2006, 10:05 PM
One Answer - To take screenshots, I use a program called Hypersnap. There are other programs such as SnagIt and Captura as well. I like Hypersnap for various reasons, but mostly because it automatically saves any screencapture as an uncompressed JPG file, and then increments any subsequent screen captures you take. That means that you can keep hitting the "printscreen" key as often as you like, and Hypersnap will save off a JPG of each snapshot. You don't need to exit your game to save off the JPG.

One Question - Does anyone here know where I can get a complete list of the keyboard shortcuts for the PC version of the game?

Thanks!
Throckmorton

Commander Obi-Wan
04-19-2006, 10:22 PM
One Question - Does anyone here know where I can get a complete list of the keyboard shortcuts for the PC version of the game?

The Manual or the Internet. Google (http://www.google.ca/) is your friend.

zerted
04-22-2006, 05:47 PM
THe game's manual should have the shortkeys.

yoda_master13
05-10-2006, 01:08 AM
ye i didnt really ever crouch either or use the orbital strike because its all good

TSR
06-18-2006, 03:31 AM
^^^agreed.
although he does have a point... seriously jawa, what the hell is that all on about?:xp:

jawathehutt
06-18-2006, 05:13 PM
its an inside joke from the clan Im in which has had a dispute between whether the EWS(Ewoks With Sporks) or the PWL(Penguins With Lightsabers) are better for 4 of its 5 years of existance
I am of course a EWS and I have many pins to prove it

TSR
06-18-2006, 05:26 PM
lol nicely done :)
although, impartial to my spork favouritism, surely a lightsaber would pwn a spork...?

jawathehutt
06-26-2006, 11:23 AM
nope cause we use special sporks

TSR
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
and how are they special? cortosis plated perhaps?:xp:

MachineCult
06-26-2006, 12:04 PM
O.K. Quit all this spork jibba jabba.

TSR
06-26-2006, 12:20 PM
eh?
it was just getting interesting...
at elast the BF2 forum is being used in a somewhat indirect way :xp:

jawathehutt
06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
they are actualy the taco bell sporks
and this is our pin http://i3.tinypic.com/1622ssz.png

RhoDaZZ
09-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Two questions: How do you remove the startup movie files? And can you unable the ingame chat as for me theres never anything good to see there, the only thing people writes is stuff like "lol" and "you noob".

Thanks ;)

Master Nark
11-13-2006, 08:25 AM
I don't know if anyone asked this, but does anyone know how you can play as the Jedi on Knightfall?

TSR
11-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Which one is knightfall? The coruscant level? If so, there isnt any direct way of doing so, but i daresay there will be some smart ass mod for it somewhere.

Master Nark
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it's the Coruscant one. I watched this video on Youtube and it showed the guy playing as a bunch of different Jedi. It was the same exact level and people though the guy was playing for the Jedi instead of the Clones.

arthurcourt
07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
it was prob a new map or a mod

Darth Sean
08-04-2007, 12:32 AM
im a beter solder im a sith apprentice and only lord nihilus is my master he is way better than palpatien.

so any way is battlefront 3 only gonna be for the psp.

cuz i got a ps2 and if its only for 1 console that is not ps2 ill be mad.

MachineCult
08-04-2007, 07:08 AM
^^^ It won't only be for 1 console, but it still won't be the on PS2. It will probably be on the PS3, Xbox 360 and maybe PC.

Darth Sean
08-04-2007, 12:08 PM
ok then ill get a PS3.

a007mcguyver
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
All, Please forgive my ignorance and if this has been addressed elsewhere, please let me know so I can check it out. My kids are trying to play SWBF2 online. We just hooked up the network adaptor and things seemed to work ok for one player online (although he kept getting booted from battles, still can't figure out why), but my question is: Can they both play (multiplayer) online or is it limited to only one player who can join online battles? FYI, cable internet connection, so not too slow. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

jawathehutt
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
If theyre taking turns and on the same disk, at different times, yes, if you mean on separate computers at the same time, no

leo cloudtrotter
09-20-2008, 11:12 AM
were is a good place to snipe in mos eisley

jawathehutt
09-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Just take a few shots and move on, theres no one perfect spot.

TripHammer
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I find jumping up on the boundery walls and crouching down to be a very good spot. Usually players can't tell where it's coming from. They'll soon figure it out though. Prolly the best thing you could learn to do as a sniper on Mos Eisley is learning to wall jump and get on buildings you can't normally get on. Like the cantina. There's several ways to get up there. This serves as a good sniping spot because you can take a shot and move a couple steps to get out of the line of fire coming back at you. It's a large roof with contours that allow for quick stepping out of the line of fire (except from the top of the hangar or buildings of the same height or greater).

Even if players (ground targets) know you are up there.. not everyone knows how to get up there and players are usually forced to take another sniping position against you.

Dakotah
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
how to get more than 4 players online

GwannaSauna
11-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Forgive me if this question has been asked before:

How come when playing as Darth Maul, the clones yell "It's Darth Maul!" when in reality Darth Maul was killed before the creation of the clones? :confused:

LordOfTheFish
11-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Because it's a game.

Bokken
11-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Actually, he wasn't killed. He survived with a part-cyborg body.

Ping
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Which was non-canon

GwannaSauna
11-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Actually, he wasn't killed. He survived with a part-cyborg body.

But wasn't that sometime after the Clone Wars but before the Battle of Yavin? And I was talking about when he was real. The cyborg body was non canon.

Bokken
11-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Very true. And yes, after CW before BoY. I'd say they put him in because the Doublesaber is just too great a weapon to leave out, and he's the only one that uses it.

LordOfTheFish
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Click For Truth (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Double-bladed_lightsaber)

Unless you mean shown in the movies.

N-5/Prudii
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi, could someone help me? I have been looking for Battlefront 2 for a long time already. I have checked Fry's, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and every single Gamestop I see while driving. The only luck I have found is on Ebay/Amazon, but on there, the game is up for 40-100 dollars!
Can anyone tellme where to find this game other than the Internet???

Bokken
10-19-2009, 10:20 AM
1) Steam.

2) Don't bump old topics.

Astor
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi, could someone help me? I have been looking for Battlefront 2 for a long time already. I have checked Fry's, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and every single Gamestop I see while driving. The only luck I have found is on Ebay/Amazon, but on there, the game is up for 40-100 dollars!
Can anyone tellme where to find this game other than the Internet???

Welcome to LucasForums, turgon.

It is very difficult to find in stores nowadays - and as you've seen, this has jacked up the price on auction sites and online stores. As Bokkenblader says, Steam is perhaps the cheapest place to get a copy of the game, and a good few other Star Wars games to boot. ;)

1) Steam.

2) Don't bump old topics.

The thread's a sticky, so it can't be bumped, and it's stickied for precisely the sort of question that Turgon asked.

LordOfTheFish
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Or if you don't mind a used copy, there is always Ebay. If you look hard enough sometimes you'll find a great deal! You can also buy a used or new copy off of Amazon I'm sure.

Oh by the way, welcome to LucasForums, have fun! :)

N-5/Prudii
10-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks,
Well, if I get it off steam, will it be modable?, because I mainly want it for all the amazing mods and maps available.

jawathehutt
10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
I believe so.

Bokken
10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
It looks like you should be able to, judging from the Wikipedia page and some of the forum posts.

N-5/Prudii
10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Ok, so, how does it work, do you download the game to your computer? I'm not sure because of what it says here on the website:
Play your games on any PC
Once you have a Steam account, you can sign in from any PC to access your games. Your games are associated with your account, not your computer.

jawathehutt
10-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes you do download games to your computer. If something happens to that computer or you feel like installing it on a zillion computers you can do that though since the game is connected to your steam account, not just a single hard drive

N-5/Prudii
10-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Cool, so I can download it on multiple computers?, because I have been thinking of getting a new computer soon.

Bokken
10-24-2009, 04:14 PM
That's precisely it. Steam keeps it on their server, so that you can download it to whichever computer you're currently using Steam on.

zambonizach
06-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Hello. I am new and i just got SWBF2 yesterday. My question is how do i crouch with Default controls? I have used advanced but it was too hard to use so i use default. How do i crouch with Default though? I really wanna learn to crouch. I don't care about rolling i just wanna crouch. I also LOVE SWBF2! It is the best Lucasarts game ever. This is a comment to Lucasarts: LUCASARTS YOUR THE BEST! SWBF2 IS AMAZING! EVEN BETTER THEN RENEGADE SQUADRON! I have SWBF2,SW Battlefront Renegade Squadron and SW Battlefront Elite Squadron! SWBFES (Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron) is for my DS, then i have SWBF2 for my PSP, and last but not least, SWBFRS (Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron) for my PSP! SWBF is the best series of games you have EVER made! I love them so much.
Bye everyone! Time to go play SWBF2!
Zambonizach,

xantose
08-02-2011, 12:23 PM
i cant take screen shots?:confused:

im using a windows 7 laptop and every thing i read says to push the print screen button and it will show up in the game data folder but its not working

any ideas:indif:

Hello. I am new and i just got SWBF2 yesterday. My question is how do i crouch with Default controls? I have used advanced but it was too hard to use so i use default. How do i crouch with Default though? I really wanna learn to crouch. I don't care about rolling i just wanna crouch. I also LOVE SWBF2! It is the best Lucasarts game ever. This is a comment to Lucasarts: LUCASARTS YOUR THE BEST! SWBF2 IS AMAZING! EVEN BETTER THEN RENEGADE SQUADRON! I have SWBF2,SW Battlefront Renegade Squadron and SW Battlefront Elite Squadron! SWBFES (Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron) is for my DS, then i have SWBF2 for my PSP, and last but not least, SWBFRS (Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron) for my PSP! SWBF is the best series of games you have EVER made! I love them so much.
Bye everyone! Time to go play SWBF2!
Zambonizach,

normally you just push ''c''

when in game to look up controles push ECS go to options and then on the top right theres a controles tab you can then veiw and edit controles

hope this helps:thmbup1:

battle111
08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey l'm totaly new to SWBFII multiplayer does anybody some great severs with best options and everything l didn't made yet a profile at gamespy but still l wont to known some great severs of SWBFII ?? and another question does anyone how you create your own server ??

Alexrd
08-14-2013, 06:21 PM
l didn't made yet a profile at gamespy

You don't need to.

battle111
08-15-2013, 05:01 AM
l don't need to register ?? hmm but still does somebody known some great servers of SWBFII and How can create your own server ??

Alexrd
08-15-2013, 07:32 PM
l don't need to register ??

No, just set an username.

hmm but still does somebody known some great servers of SWBFII and How can create your own server ??

Go to Multiplayer > Create.

battle111
08-16-2013, 04:32 AM
l just need to simply to click on the create section and that's it and that's all you need ?? first l thought l need to download some files or something but if l only need to simply click on the create section then okay

Alexrd
08-16-2013, 07:06 AM
l just need to simply to click on the create section and that's it and that's all you need ?? first l thought l need to download some files or something but if l only need to simply click on the create section then okay

Yes. Create, then add some maps to the list (like in Instant Action), add a name for the server (and a password, if you want) and run.

battle111
08-16-2013, 12:39 PM
And the players will be able to see it ??

DuckfromPortal
12-16-2013, 06:29 PM
I have a question about BF 2, Is the modding community dead, in stasis, or alive but somewhere else?

maltron66
12-18-2013, 04:42 PM
It's also good to know that the Battlefront forums are not COMPLETELY dead.

How wrong I was when I posted this...
Anyway... I believe there are some folks around her who frequently visit this Battlefront forum. Proof: I started a thread about 20-25 days ago. The good news? It was viewed around 165 times. The bad news? NOT A SINGLE COMMENT. And I know there is always someone around this forum, viewing various threads, but not posting comments on them.

Here's what I want to say to those who visit but do not post: Please start posting comments around here and maybe we'll all help revitalise Battlefront and start making great mods.