View Full Version : 2da troubles
11-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I am trying to get two conflicting mods to work: nequams 2 female pc heads and the Darth maul head. I installed nequams first, then edited the three .2da files for maul. the portrait works, and there is a new character to choose, but it uses the first nequam head.
I have changed the normalhead column in appearance.2da to match the row number of maul in the heads.2da, but it still doesn't work.
To complicate matters further, i installed t7's head, and it works fine! What am i doing wrong?!
11-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Not changing appearance.2da to update the number of the head's row in heads.2da?
In appearance.2da, the head number corresponds to the number in heads.2da of the head.
You might need to update nequam's row in appearance.2da so the head number is right, or do the same with the darth maul head.
All I can think of that might be wrong, hope it helps ;)
11-06-2005, 05:38 PM
For future reference. I managed to get this to work by switching the maul head and one of nequams in the heads.2da. Hmmm maybe maul only works at row 192?
11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
No, When you add new entries you have to have 3 entries in your appearance.2da file for the new appearance and there heads column should match with your new heads.2da entry and you should not have any entry in the backup head column. That backup head can cause conflicts. Also you need a new entry in portraits.2da if your appearance entries in there are not matching up then you will have the wrong head with the wrong portrait. The portraits.2da entries are also what defines character selectability if things are miss matched in there you will have problems such as those listed above. So I would recomend looking in portraits.2da for your bug.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.