View Full Version : Server Administration
11-09-2005, 08:53 PM
I have Decided to Combine all the Important Information of this Forum into one Thread, If you notice something that seems like it might be important Feel Free to tell me.
- Kurgan's Command List (http://www.swbattlefront.net/nitpicker/swbf2commands.txt)
- Chris-h11's Command List
- Zerted's Batch File Generator (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154010) - Download (http://www.cs.rit.edu/~dpk3062/SWBF2/SWBF2%20Batch%20Server%20Creator%20v1.zip)
- Chris-h11's Server Code Generator
- Dedicated Server Files (http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=89720&tstart=0) - Download PC Version (http://220.127.116.11/SWBattlefrontIIPCServer.exe) ; Download PS2 Version (http://18.104.22.168/SWBattlefrontIIPS2Server.exe)
Server Batch File Templates:
- Dedicated Server Template (http://www.swbattlefront.net/nitpicker/generic.bat)
- Non-Dedicated Server Template (http://www.swbattlefront.net/nitpicker/non-dedicated.bat)
Downloading: To Download the Batch Files or any "Download" Text, Right Click and Select "Save Target (Link) As"
11-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Nice.. thanks Chris.
I copied this info and added a few things (In-Game Server Admin Commands Reference and quick Server "How To").
Not sure where you got that link for the Dedicated Server Download... is that your own host? Sure is fast whatever it is.
If anyone would like me to take the link to their authored/hosted information down please let me know...
This site will eventually forward to the home page for my Server and other SWBF2 resources.
It can be found here: http://members.shaw.ca/carpaltunnal
12-27-2005, 03:34 PM
u mean this:
Remote Administration of a BATTLEFRONT II SERVER
• Commands are NOT case sensitive
• Remote admin commands can be typed in game through the chat system.
• Use global chat (CTRL+T)
• Start each command with /ADMIN.
• The first /ADMIN command must be /LOGIN (eg. /ADMIN /LOGIN 123456)
This is the first command given and will log the user in as an admin.
Turn on and off waiting for late moves from clients (this will generally be
off by default on most servers).
List the current map rotation.
/ADDMAP <XXX> <XXX>
Add a map to the rotation; <XXX> is the number of reinforcements for each
team. (see the following page for a quick reference on map names).
Skip to the specified map at the end of the current game.
/DROPMAP <mapname> Drop the specified map from the rotation or the current map if no map is
/BOOT <player number> Boot the specified player. To find the specified player number see the
end the current game
/SAY <text> Send a message to all players. Message will appear in red in the chat area
and will be from “Admin:”
/PLAYERS List the players in game, each player is given a number which allows you
to boot him/her by number.
/SHUTDOWN Shuts the server down. Server will not restart unless you can do so
manually on the host computer.
/BANDWIDTH <kbps> Sets the hosting bandwidth (like the /throttle command when starting a
server from the command line).
Change the admin password used to login.
Example of an admin session
where Carpaltunnal is the
player and 123456 is the
>/admin /login 123456
Carpaltunnal logged in
-> 0 – ‘Drone’
-> 1 – ‘Lindsey’
-> 2 – ‘Duurrp’
-> 3 - ‘KonKushn’
-> 4 – ‘Stryker’
-> 5 – ‘Darth Sinical’
>/admin /boot 0
Note about maps names and suffixes:
• Maps generally start with the first 3 letters of the location (eg. Tatooine),
• then a number (1 or 2 for land maps), and
• then an “era” code G for Galactic and C for Clone Wars.
• Finally the last 3 to 5 characters indicate the game type (this is preceded by an underscore).
o _CON is Conquest,
o _CTF is Capture the Flag (2 flags)
o _1FLAG is Capture the Flag (1 flag)
o _ASS is Assault (space)
o _HUNT is Hunt (allows you to play local species: Ewoks/Gamorreans/Gungans/Wampas)
• Not every map has every type of game
Mission Names for the /ADDMAP command.
PDF by Carpaltunnal
12-30-2005, 07:40 PM
btw these commands can also be used for manual non-dedicated servers, accept u dont have to login.
01-07-2006, 08:52 PM
You can also use /bots [number of bots]
To change the amount of AI.
when i'm makeing a dedicated server it says admin password but when i type the password on the game nothing happens is there some sort of control thing like on some games when yopu press shift and something else a thing comes up where you can type a password
01-08-2006, 08:40 PM
you have to type: /admin /login [password]
10-08-2007, 10:25 PM
u mean this:
Is there not a way to set separate ticket counts? I want one side to have more reinforcements than the other. I tried:
/admin /addmap hot1g_con 150 250
When the server came up, both sides started with 15 reinforcements. I tried it again, with "50 100" and they both started with 150 reinforcements. I assumed that the 2nd number was somehow causing the error, so I tried this command:
/admin /addmap hot1g_con 128
This map still came up to have 150 reinforcements per side. My goal is that each reinforcement count will respond to my command independently, but right now neither one is working. It is, at least, loading the Hoth map, but that's the only thing it's doing right.
Can you help me out? All I want to edit is the ticket/reinforcement counts.
03-07-2008, 09:37 AM
u mean this:
ok so what would I type in to cycle to a specifed map, in a non dedicated server
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.